Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate The Frontier War: Midnight Clearing | Mandalorian Enclave Populate of Pzob

5Exvasc.png

F R O N T I E R
W A R

Pzob.

Since the joint Jedi-Mandalorian operation on V'shar, the forces of scum and villainy had been left scrambling -- and their panic had only increased when a Pirate Lord of the Kraken Coalition had been captured by Enclave hunters on Tatooine. Thus, eyes had turned towards the unassuming forested planet of Pzob, home to warring clans of Gamorreans. Looking for easy muscle, pirates and criminal lords had descended on the Midnight Clearing Tapcaf, a small spaceport and tapcaf that was the planet's only infrastructure catered to offworlders. Intelligence suggested that they had hoped to win over a few Gamorrean clans or two to bolster their numbers and make trouble for the Mandalorians.

The only problem is, intelligence also suggests that they all. . . disappeared.

Whatever force that may be capable of eliminating an entire delegation of well-armed criminals is a force that the Mandalorian Enclave must be aware of, lest the Mando'ade become its next target. And thus a specialized scout team has been dispatched to investigate. Get in, get your information, and get out. And most importantly of all: don't let whatever fate befell the pirates come upon you.

5Exvasc.png
Tags: Open
Equipment: In bio | Standard loadout

lLcXg5L.png

"This whole situation reminds me of an old story my dad told me one time."

"They once found a ship simply drifting in space. No power, no lifeforms, nothing. They boarded it and there was simply nothing onboard. No signs of a struggle, no records of the crew abandoning the ship or airlocks opening, all escape pods were still there, cargo wasn't touched. It's like the crew just... disappeared. The only thing that they could find that suggested there was a crew, was their personal items still left in the crew quarters."

"Dad said they found only a note. Only read 'happy days' with a smile drawn on it. That was it. He said it always bothered him, what happened to the crew and the ship. But they never found out. Makes you wonder what's out there in the void sometimes."

Shai's cybernetic gaze looked at the rest of the people in the group as they sat around a table in the small cantina of the spaceport. She and the rest were there to figure out what the hell went on and who was responsible before they just set up camp on the planet. "What do you guys think? Group of pigs that came in and carried them all off in their sleep? An animal that maybe came loose? Or do y'all think we're dealin' with something wackier with this one?" She asked the others as she took a long sip of her pint and sat back with a mischievous grin. What better way to start a mission than to spark some superstitious fear while the moon was in full swing outside. The shadows cast by the massive jungle around them certainly didn't help to ruin her hushed and spooky story.

She looked around the cantina, the handful of spacers keeping to themselves. "Where do you guys wanna start? Ask these people or do we go to the guys overseeing the place?" She suggested idly as she scratched her chin.

enclavebanner_1.png

5Exvasc.png

TAG: Shai Maji Shai Maji | Open

Nag touched down in a clearing after a howling circuit.

As she slid open the cockpit, Vren hopped to the ground, using his rocketboots to slow his descent.
"Thanks, Girl. Stay close. I'm gonna hear what we got so far. I'll ring if I need you." he told the Basilisk.
She let out a rumble, but relented.

The Karjr had landed outside of the spaceport for a reason. If things went south, then Nag could jump quickly if needed and not be bogged down in a port. Vren headed toward the Midnight Clearing tapcaf to see what he could fish out about the criminals they were supposed to hunt but who had dissipated.

enclavediv6.png

"Look, mate, snort, you asking - snort - the wrong guy here. I got no clue who you - snort - are talking about."
The Gamorrean barman glared at Vren with beady eyes.
"All right, friend. No need to get upset. I'm only asking. I owe them some creds, see." Vren said, holding up his hands in "peace".
"Well - sbort - if that's the case - snort - you can keep your money. They gone, snort." the barman said.
"Gone where? Look, I don't want a bunch of pirates on my tail forever. I just want to pay em and get out."
"I dunno, mate, snort. That's the thing. They disappeared the moment - snort - they went into the jungle after some stuff." he finally relented.
"Chiiit. Right, thanks, friend." Vren said, flipping the Gamorrean a credit.

Turning, Vren was just about to head outside, when he caught sight of Shai Maji Shai Maji and some others at a table. He would recognise the armour anywhere. It's not very often you see a Shistavanen in Mandalorian get up. He keyed his comms to sync with his fellow Enclave vode.
"Found anything yet?" he asked her over the comms. "If not, y'all can join me outside. Apparently the fools disappeared somewhere in the jungle. No idea how, but they did." he added.

It would be good to have some back up on this ride.

enclave.png

lLcXg5L.png

When was the last time he'd actually gone on a hunt with Shai Maji Shai Maji ? Long as time, if at all. Actually.. He couldn't remember the last time. When they were still around each other, he wasn't technically able to hunt. Not like he could now. He stayed beside the Shistavanen, his glowing buy'ce scanning around the room for.. Anything. Just in case there was something inside the Cantina that might point them in a better direction. People who looked shady, people who looked nervous.

Well, everyone did. A group of people disappearing was putting everyone on edge. Having fully kitted Mandalorians didn't help either.

"The jungle might be the best place, though a pretty big place. Got any way to narrow down where to look?" His gaze shifted to Vren Rook Vren Rook . Not someone he'd met before, but Vod none the less. "We can figure out the how once we're there, at least."

3oIWNfM.png

N I G H T
R E C O N N A I S S A N C E

5Exvasc.png

Local Time: 21:13
Date: -DATA CORRUPTED-
Primary Objective: Find Out What Happened To Criminal Delegation
Secondary Objective: Do Not Share The Same Fate With the Criminal Delegation
Equipment: Loadout 1 + Goran’s Stand (Wearing a large, dark gray hooded poncho over armor. Hood draped over helmet.)
Tags: Shai Maji Shai Maji | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt | Vren Rook Vren Rook | Open To Others.

tQcpQG0.png

Seated with Shai and a few others at a table in the planet’s local, small tapcaf, the giant’s feet rested on the large wooden table. His arms were crossed over his broad chest. His helmet visor’s lights were turned off, emitting no HUD lights off the visor. The large, gray poncho's hood was draped over the Vizsla's buy'ce. His faceplate was shrouded in darkness as a result. The Supercommando listened to Shai’s bizarre story in complete silence.

”This whole situation reminds me of an old story my dad told me one time.”

“They once found a ship simply drifting in space. No power, no lifeforms, nothing. They boarded it and there was simply nothing onboard. No signs of a struggle, no records of the crew abandoning the ship or airlocks opening, all escape pods were still there, cargo wasn’t touched. It’s like the crew just… disappeared. The only thing they could find that suggested there was a crew, was their personal items still left in the crew quarters.”

“Dad said they found only a note. Only read ‘happy days’ with a smile drawn on it. That Was it. He said it always bothered him, what happened to the crew and the ship. But they never found out. Makes you wonder what’s out there in the void sometimes.”

The Shistavanen’s gaze scanned those seated at the table with her in silence before she continued. The giant simply gave several slow nods of his head as to her and her dad’s story. Her bizarre story about the crews of ships simply vanishing without any trace had reminded him of a mission he had undertaken with the Jetiise from the Concord. It was years ago. The space station, as well as the ships in its close proximity, was apparently infested with Starweirds. There were very few survivors aboard their ships and in the space station. His chest softly tingled in remembering his run-in with one of them during the search and rescue. The karking thing’s claw had effortlessly phased through his chestplate, and clawed at him. He had fired off his disruptor rifle, a long burst at that with the pull of its trigger. Class D Disintegration. The disruptor bolts simply phased through the thing, striking the durasteel wall behind it. The starweird was not hurt. It’s ethereal body did not give a physical response to an injury caused by the shots at all.

The Shistavanen vod continued after, now inquiring about the mission they were dispatched to.

”What do you guys think? Group of pigs that came in and carried them all off in their sleep? An animal that maybe came loose? Or do y’all think we’re dealing with something wackier with this one?”

The giant put down his feet off the table and leaned towards the table before he spoke; hands rested on the table after uncrossing his arms. <”I think the Gamorreans did it. How did those race of stupid porcine, ‘sentient’ humanoids managed that, though? Beats me.”> The giant harbored a noticeable disdain towards that species. They had a semblance of a warrior code, they were also physically strong but to him, they were nothing but a bunch of brainless brutes. Unfit to call be called warriors. A warrior had to be sharp in mind, as much as he was strong in body. They didn’t have a mind to sharpen to begin with. Though not looking to stir up trouble willingly ,the giant had spoken in a soft tone, fully aware there were some Gamorrean patrons in the tapcaf, seated at several tables in the modest cantina. <”I doubt it’s anything ‘supernatural’ that would be similar to your Buir’s story, ner vod.”>

The Shistavanen then inquired another question to those vode around the table afterwards.

”Where do you guys wanna start? ask these people or do we go to the guys overseeing the place?”

The giant heaved a soft sigh as he considered what they could do, where they could start. They could start with surveying the place where the criminal delegation vanished. Maybe they’d find something the intelligence operators that came before them might have missed something that would give them a clue. Or they could conduct surveillance over the Gamorrean clan fortresses on the planet, check their activity, see if they had a hand in the disappearance of the criminals.

Or they could split up and do both at the same time. Would save them some time.

Just as he was about to suggest a course of action to the matter at hand, a voice spoke into the secure Enclave comm circuit. The man that spoke was none other than Vren Rook himself, a reputable Karjr in the service of The Enclave.

”Found anything yet? If not, y’all can join me outside. Apparently the fools disappeared somewhere in the jungle. No idea how, but they did.”

Turning off his helmet annunciator with a pre-recorded, rapid blinking of his eyes, the giant would then speak into his commlink in response as he glanced at his surroundings. His watchful, vigilant gaze scanning the environment.

As he was going to reply to Vren, Eliz sitting beside him responded faster. The young Mandalorian talked over the commlink before him.

”The jungle might be the best place, though a pretty big place. Got any way to narrow down where to look? We can figure out the how once we’re there, at least.”

It seemed like Eliz and the giant somewhat thought alike on this, as well as Vren. The giant would speak his mind after a short moment of silence that followed after the young Mandalorian’s words. He wasn't aware Vren was with them, so he greeted him over the com circuit.

<”Su’cuy, vod. Negatory, nothing yet. Though I was just about to suggest we could start by investigating the Gamorrean clan fortresses, and the site where the chakaare disappeared. What do you guys think?”> The giant inquired to his fellow brothers and sisters present. As always, the Vizsla valued the opinions and insight of his fellow vode greatly. It would certainly be unwise to carry out a mission objective without taking their experiences into account. He was not a di’kut. <”I also have a probe droid on me. I carry it at all times. We can use it to speed up the process for gathering reconnaissance data.”> The giant would add after a short pause. He awaited a response from his fellow vode, as they were somewhat still in the process of deciding how to go about with their mission.

UeJaBns.png

Last edited:
5Exvasc.png

Shai Maji Shai Maji Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt Vren Rook Vren Rook Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla and any others!

It felt odd, arriving to the planer without an immediate battleplan and objective to take. The given situation was a touch unnerving, he couldn't deny that. At least in battle, he knew what and where the enemy was. But here, he hadn't a clue; all he knew was that this...well whatever it was, it eliminated that delegation of pirates. There wasn't any doubt that the matter was serious; which was exactly why Thonn had taken the mission.

"What do you guys think? Group of pigs that came in and carried them all off in their sleep? An animal that maybe came loose? Or do y'all think we're dealin' with something wackier with this one?"

"Not even a trace of them. I mean, if something mauled them you'd think we'd at least see a few pieces left of 'em. My gut's telling me they headed off somewhere willingly for some reason and just plain didn't make it back. Not that I have a clue why they wouldn't" Thonn responded. It never really came to him until Shai posed the questions, and then it just sorta seamed reasonable. It made sense to him, though he doubted he'd be able to offer much of an argument beyond a shrug if Shai asked for his reasoning.

Of course, now they'd need to find out the what and why, and he hadn't the slightest idea where to start. Neither did Shai, this situation they'd dropped into was a mystery.

"Where do you guys wanna start? Ask these people or do we go to the guys overseeing the place?"

"Sure." Spoke Thonn, uttering nothing else for a short moment before he quickly continued to actually apply some semblance of meaning to his answer.

"Uh, well I mean we're here. I suppose we might as well ask." He continued, figuring that if the elders knew nothing, they'd have to walk right back here to ask the locals anyhow. He'd rather not have to trek more than he had to if it could be avoided. It wasn't laziness; it was efficiency.

"Found anything yet?" he asked her over the comms. "If not, y'all can join me outside. Apparently the fools disappeared somewhere in the jungle. No idea how, but they did."

Well now, that made matters a lot easier. And it turned out his guess was right, too. Well it was something, and that was more than they had when they got here. Thonn was of the mind to investigate, and Kranak would ask for his opinion:

<”Su’cuy, vod. Negatory, nothing yet. Though I was just about to suggest we could start by investigating the Gamorrean clan fortresses, and the site where the chakaare disappeared. What do you guys think?”>

"Sounds like a lead; I'd say it's the first place we oughta check, yeah?" He gave his answer as he turned to the Shai and any others there, appended with an inquiry to see what they thought on the matter as well.

SCGcxdj.png

H A U N T E D

Objective: Investigate the Disappearances
Tag: Vren Rook Vren Rook | Shai Maji Shai Maji | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt | Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla

Another day, another mystery.

If Siv’s opinion mattered, he would’ve asked why they were even bothering in the first place. If there was some mysterious, malevolent entity taking out pirates, that wasn’t his concern. In fact, he’d raise a toast to whomever had managed to rid the Galaxy of a few more pirates. But what was more important than his opinion were credits, and there were quite a few attached to this job.

“Vren Rook,” he called out to the old Mandalorian as he entered the bar. “They’ll just let anyone join these missions today, huh?” He muttered loud enough for the group of Mandalorians to hear. He nodded towards Kranak and Thonn, giving looks of patient appraisal to the other two that he didn’t know. After a moment, he spoke again. “You can go to the forest. I’m going to take a deeper look around this tavern.” He cast a helmeted gaze towards the Gamorrean bartender. “Something here isn’t all that it seems.”

5Exvasc.png
Tags: Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla | Siv Dragr Siv Dragr | Vren Rook Vren Rook | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt | Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal
Equipment: In bio | Standard loadout

lLcXg5L.png

Everyone had thoughts of their own on what happened. And without anything concrete, it was all they had to go on. Simple speculation and the bright idea to blunder into the woods hoping to figure it out. Shai had half a mind to protest, but without anything else to put forward, the other half of her mind was simply inclined to blunder along. That's usually how the fun stuff happens in the first place.

Vren's voice chimed in over the comms, simply confirming one piece of their speculation and not narrowing it down at all. Oh yeah, this was going to be the fun type of blundering. "Hell that's good enough for me." She quipped as she slid her helmet on. Siv volunteered to check the cantina out further as she rose from her seat. "Sure thing, keep in touch when you find something." She glanced to him as she spoke, checking her gear. With an enthusiastic slap to Thonn and Eliz's backs, she turned to march out of the cantina. "Let's go explorin' then!" She declared happily as she exited the cantina.

The plan wasn't exactly the most stellar as Shai looked around the place. Enormous trees surrounded them and the enveloping darkness of the forest wouldn't make it easy. "Y'all remember to pack your vision modes?" She quipped as she glanced to the group, tapping a button on her vambrace. The helmet flashed white as thermals came on and highlighted every single thing giving off a heat signature.

"Hey Thonn, what do you think? I don't think single thermals is enough." Removing her helmet, she looked to him with a maniacal grin as her crimson eyes changed to a bright white. "Double thermals, baby!" She quipped with a cackling laugh as her eyes returned to normal and she slid her helmet back on.

"Come on, let's roll out. Where are these fortresses?" She asked the group as she walked ahead of them, though she came to a halt. "Yeah no, let's get a heading first." She muttered as she turned to face the group.

5Exvasc.png

Runi had stood off to the side in silence. The Mandalorian woman that sported a light cloak of large, black feathers about her shoulders might not go entirely unnoticed, but with statuesque stillness she had observed those that had gathered in this place. Such was her calling and her duty -- to oversee the well-being of the iniha (multitude). Her helm's visor was angled in Shai's direction almost the entirity of the 'planning' meeting in the last place their quarry's quarry had been seen.

As the group rose to depart in search of fortresses and jungles, Runi slowly strode away from her place along the way and toward the center of the room. "I will stay as well," Runi announced in the wake of Siv Dragr Siv Dragr 's declaration.

Slowly, the Shaman began to relocate the chairs and tables to the sides of the establishment. Her efforts would leave an open area in the center of the building at least six feet wide. If the bartender or any other inquired or complained, Ruin would not even deign to look in their direction. If they had complaint enough to make her stop then she would have cause enough to acknowledge him. Otherwise, such things were just background noise.

Runi would take her place at the center of the cleared area before she drew out a short piece of chalk. She held it out out and dropped it in the space before her. The white stick didn't clatter on the ground, but stopped upright the moment it struck the floor; then it whirled around Runi's body in a single second and snapped back into her hand. A perfect circle had been drawn in the space around the Mandalorian.

Runi's hands then rested atop her thighs as she knelt down within the inscribed circle provided there was no obstacle to doing so.

enclave.png

TAG: Shai Maji Shai Maji Vren Rook Vren Rook Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal Siv Dragr Siv Dragr Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida

"I feel like there's a rather obvious angle no one else here has considered." Faison said near the end of the conversation. He had opted to remain silent for the majority of the discussion, listening to what everyone else had to say before he decided to chime in. It seemed Shai, Vren, and Thonn had already made the decision to leave. It was likely Eliz would join them, which would leave himself, Siv, and a woman he had as of yet to work with in Runi. While few likely knew this about him, save for potentially Vren, Faison had spent a considerable portion of his life as a detective on Corellia. While he carried himself as a Mando of few words and fewer levels of patience, he was actually quite good at ferreting out people who actively tried to hide, or in discovering evidence where others failed to hide it, in their haste to escape notice. Faison turned to Siv Dragr Siv Dragr , and continued:

"It might be worthwhile to look into the starport's arrival and departure schedule over the past few weeks surrounding their disappearance. I find it hard to believe a planet full of... pork could cause hardened criminals to disappear without a trace. If someone else - or a group of someones - arrive in advance of this group, perhaps to interfere with them; then perhaps their presence could stand out in the comings and goings of this place. If not, at least we've ruled it out. Maybe it'd even be worthwhile asking if the barkeep or others have seen other parties of note on this planet."

It was just then that Faison noticed the third person in their party drawing a circle in chalk on the floor of the cantina. His eyebrow arched from behind his visor (of which he was thankful for), before he craned his neck back up to Siv, waiting for his reply.

enclave.png

Last edited:

Information Gathering
Pzob, Local Tapcaf

Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel

In a dark corner of Tapcaf, the sounds of a beating could be heard. Punch after punch his fist landed against the man pinned against the wall. His fist coated in the Gamorrean's blood as he let go watching the big lug drop like a lump of metal onto the floor. He kneeled in front of the snorting mess, his eyes peering through his visor.

"Well, I will ask you this one more time, what happened to all the crime lords that were wandering around this joint, looking for some muscle? They don't just disappear out of thin air now, do they? Don't give me any more of your crap, I see write through your meaningless words. Out with it, you sniffle pile of bantha crap before I decide that bruises aren't the only things you'll be nursing for the next few weeks."

He hated these Gamorreans, they were no more than muscle, they had only enough intelligence to be considered sentient by galactic standard, but only merely so. He watched as the blood trickled down the pig's face, his eyes boring into him waiting for the slob to slip up one more time.

"I snort I don't know what you're talking about..." Before the Gamorrean could continue the armored man gave another swift punch to the pig's face, "Wait! snort Wait!. I don't know, they seemed to be here one minute and gone the next, I am not well versed in the ways of your kind snort but I can find out... if you can give me time...."

Behind a clenched jaw, the man watched the pig sniffle before him as he listened to his words, giving a sigh as he let go of the lump's collar. He could prove valuable to his hunt, but he needed to find the information faster, he would have to make sure this pig worked fast. He wasn't sure how he would do that, but he would follow the man.

Tapping his comm badge, he called up Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel "Didn't make the pig talk, but he said he could find out, I am gonna let him loose and see what we can find out." Tapping the commlink off he watched the pig stumble off into the light of Tapcaf... hopefully to find his information.

enclavebanner_1.PNG

Investigate

Objective: Keep whatever is eating Pirates from eating Mandos.
Equipment: Cybernetics | Jet Pack | Beskar'gam | Weapon load out | The Echoy'la Sun
Engaged with: [ Siv Dragr Siv Dragr ] [ Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel ] [ Tyr Mereel Tyr Mereel ] [ Faison Kelborn Faison Kelborn ] [ Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida ]

Jhira had been to this system before, during more peaceful times. The Pzob Orbital Array - Galderra Station was an important trade and re-fit hub for traders on the Galactic Rim. King Eddak Manod had built it only a decade or so ago, along with help from the Galactic Alliance and Commenor. The waystation was far more palatable than the forested planet, and doubly dear to Jhira now that she knew of Loreena's connection to the place.

Generally, Jhira had no use for pirates, and little more for Gamorreans. Their usual culture was one of dominion and cruelty, with a deeply entrenched love of slavery. Despite the Aruetti view that Mandalorians were a top-down, despotic society, they were not. Jhira, like many Mandalorians, highly valued personal freedom and choice. While many societies sought power over others, most of the Mandalorians Jhira knew simply wished power and sovereignty over themselves.

Other nations had attempted to bring peace to Pzob. Nearly a decade before the Array had been the built, The Siege of Dra'vadia had occurred. The CIS had stepped in to attempt to bring order to the battered world. In fact, it had been one of the battles in which a younger Isley Verd had made a name for himself. How the place had subsequently fallen back into the hands of pirates and slavers, Jhira could not say. Rumor had it that the entire mess had been a scheme of the Sith Empire to bleed Confederate forces. Or at least of Sith-aligned slavers, loath to give up their retreat here. Only a few years ago a coalition of mercenaries had come to New Haven to attempt to find whatever was eating the Bryn'adul refugees who had flocked to this forested world. Over and over again, outsiders had attempted to force their version of order upon this world, and been pushed back.

Decades of battle, loss and grief had stained the world with blood that would never wipe clean.

Yet here the Enclave - her friends! - had been sent to protect pirates and Gamorreans. It made Jhira ill; she had come only to be certain that her Alor and her friends knew to be wary of long dormant Sith-style traps.

Several of her friends opted to search the jungle itself. Kranak, Eliz, Shai, Thonn and Vren made a powerful strike team. [ Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla ] and [ Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal ] were both offered a warm hand clasp. "Koyacyi, vode." (stay alive, brothers.) "Something has been hunting here for a long time. Could date back to when some Dark Side slavers were making trouble here." She knew the other warriors only slightly, contenting herself with a courteous nod to each one. Seeing Shai made her glad they'd have someone so dedicated to killing Sith coming along, though Vren's presence, as always, made her want to grin. His rocky romance was something of a legend amongst her crew! Eliz had been with Mia upon a Bryn'adul world; if that was what they'd face out there, the warrior would be an invaluable aid. Yes, a very solid team for dealing with a jungle fortress.

Jhira nodded to [ Siv Dragr Siv Dragr ], who had chosen to investigate the tapcaf itself. That should be interesting; most Mandalorians had few skills at such delicate tasks. [ Faison Kelborn Faison Kelborn ] was one, however and Jhira clasped him upon the shoulder, even as she turned her attention to Siv. "I will help investigate here, if you'd like."

The sounds of a beating came from a corner of the Tapcaf. A mild shake of her head at the younger Mereel followed. The problem with beating a confession out of anyone normal was that they would tell you wanted to hear in order to make the pain stop. The trouble with beating a gamorrean was that they were stubborn and often liked pain. They would likely get nothing useful from either this one, or anyone else who witnessed the beating. Just as taking over the tap caf to do eldritch magic would stifle those who otherwise might talk if just offered a round or two of their favorite drink.

Moving to where a young man 'interrogated' a gamorrean with his fists, she stepped to the side of her Alor [ Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel ] to murmur, "Be cautious here, Buir. Something far beyond the normal has been hunting here for a very long time."

Last edited:

Tags: Tyr Mereel Tyr Mereel | Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel | Siv Dragr Siv Dragr | Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal | Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla | Vren Rook Vren Rook | Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida | Faison Kelborn Faison Kelborn | Shai Maji Shai Maji | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt
Ijaat turned to nod as Jhira spoke, a faint smile behind his helmeted front as he breathed in. Something in the Force felt wrong, like a warp in the quench of an otherwise good blade. A moment of events was hurtling towards them. Shatterpoint wasn't just for breaking armor, but for people and events. He couldn't tell when, or where. Barely had a guess at what, though he surmised it was connected to the mission. Regardless of shortcomings, he remained alert. His ruus'alor was settling into the command nicely enough, and that caused a chuckle as he eased the pistol he carried in its holster. Even with a paint job, his armor still bore fold marks and engravings, to differ from the historical Mereel whose paint job he borrowed.

Touching the comm badge briefly, he addressed their new intel specialist, chuckling. Tyr could be direct, but somehow he got results wherein the same methods would fail others. Trust was a strong word, but Ijaat was coming to rely on the man in such situations.

"Don't turn 'em to bacon just yet there. If you got your intel, watch him and the others. They'll be acting different now. The cagey ones will be dangerous after that show. Come out when you're ready, I think we have a vague picture forming here."

To Siv and the others, he kept his recognition cool, merely nodding before telling them they had a man inside due out with some intel soon.

enclavebanner_1.png

5Exvasc.png

TAG: Siv Dragr Siv Dragr | Shai Maji Shai Maji | Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida | Faison Kelborn Faison Kelborn | Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal | Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt | Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel

Vren recognised a few armours as his gaze swept over the group.

Some others were still strangers to the Karjr, but welcome nonetheless. He was just about to accompany Shai and the rest outside when another helmet halted his steps.
“Vren Rook,” he called out to the old Mandalorian as he entered the bar. “They’ll just let anyone join these missions today, huh?”
Vren chuckled. "Well look what the Strill dragged in. It does seem they let just anyone come along. You still look like chit." he told his old brother-in-arms.

“You can go to the forest. I’m going to take a deeper look around this tavern.” He cast a helmeted gaze towards the Gamorrean bartender. “Something here isn’t all that it seems.”
The gunslinger sighed dramatically.
"Well, in that case, someone needs to go along to keep your sorry ass from getting kicked." he teased before looking at Shai and the rest. "You good if we split up? I'll stay to keep this one out of trouble." he asked her, motioning with his head towards Siv in jest.

It seemed he wasn't the only one with that idea as Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida and Faison Kelborn Faison Kelborn among some others had the same idea to sniff out the local area. Faison did make a good point regarding arrival manifests. He did have a concern, however.
"You think a backwater chithole like this would actually keep solid records? And if they did, that they would even document a group that paid them not to be documented?" he asked him while he watched Runi shuffling around some chairs.

In this instance, it would much more worthwhile to just forcibly shake down the bartender, seeing as playing nice didn't do the trick.

enclave.png

lLcXg5L.png

Splitting up. It made sense. Eliz stuck by Shai Maji Shai Maji 's side regardless, silently watching the other Mandalorians pick their poison as it were. Lots wanted to stay. Why? The young Vod frowned behind his buy'ce. Talking with people didn't seem like it'd be any fun. But they all seemed thrilled? Weird people. He'd follow his Alor out towards the woods, clicking on his own thermals.

Double thermals?

He turned his helmed gaze towards Shai, watching her in some confusion. Was she part Chiss too? .. No, wait. The cybernetics. Right. Well, at least she seemed cheerful. "You don't know where we're going but you're ready to wander off?" Right. This was his first time actually being on a hunt with her. He let out a sigh before letting loose a low whistle. From seemingly nowhere, though obvious to thermals, Aubin would step to his side. The Ursod was already sniffing at the ground, smelling for tracks.

Tracks it'd quickly find and start following. "Aubin's got a scent. Let's go, then."

Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal | Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla

enclave.png

TAG: Vren Rook Vren Rook Siv Dragr Siv Dragr Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Tyr Mereel Tyr Mereel Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida

He wasn't sure why he didn't notice her before, but it was altogether good to see Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel here among them. He had met the woman on Kaddak under... somewhat peculiar circumstances. He had been there for vengeance against an old foe, while her and her team were there to execute a kill order against the same target. They got the job done, and thankfully Faison was able to secure the information he wanted to prevent from falling into the wrong hands, but that didn't prevent a rather awkward conversation from arising between him and the group which accompanied him. He didn't give up all of the gorey details of why he was there in an 'unofficial' capacity, but he did confess to previously working for the crimelord, and that the 'karking son of a kath hound' held some falsified evidence over his head to blackmail him into service.

Thereafter, the group parted ways amicably. If he were being honest, Faison found himself a bit drawn to Jhira after the whole thing - but that was likely because she was pretty easy on the eyes, and reminded him of the days when he felt more in tune with who he was as a Mandalorian. Those days were reemerging to be sure, and he found himself gravitating to those who made him feel like a man of purpose once again. As she parted ways with both he and Siv to investigate the sounds of someone getting the living osik beaten out of them, Vren's curiosity appeared piqued by Faison's suggested course of action. He grinned slightly at the obvious question, and after a moment's pause to gather his thoughts, he replied to his friend:
"Sure, it'd be great if they registered themselves as 'suspicious ship number 1', but in my experience no one really does that." Uncharacteristically, Faison's voice was laced with a hint of sarcasm. Normally, he was a man of few words - but it seemed as though the group had inadvertently stumbled across a portion of his life that he actually - at least for a brief time - enjoyed, minus the sleepless nights and regular binges of drunken stupors. Losing the woman you loved to a killer who remained at large tended to do that to a man...

But, he did love the work he was doing. Towards the end, it became a bit of an obsession, which was probably why he was quick to get involved in something similar to it once again, whether he recognized that about himself or not. In his own way (which was probably not the most healthy of ways), he had come to terms with his loss and lifestyle. But said terms resulted in his discharge from Cor-sec and in pursuing his more recent life of crime and mercenary work.

'Definitely not healthy.' He mused to himself. He'd like to think he was in a better place now, among those of his own kind. He may well have been a relative newcomer to these men and women of the Enclave, but he felt at home for the first time in a long while. If that meant using the skills he had developed along his way from where he was and where he stood now, then so be it. "In the absence of that," he continued: "...you'd be surprised how simple observation can reveal facts that lead in the right direction, like if a certain ship arrives 2 weeks ahead of when they normally do - or if they leave abruptly passing up on refueling. One instance may not mean much, but several within a short period of time typically does..."

"And while it would be worth looking at the 'official' docking records, I'd also be interested in investigating the records they don't want us to see. In my experience, most crime lords who are paid to not record things officially keep unofficial records for either leverage or... insurance."
His tone bespoke a cheeky grin from behind his visor, but also that he knew from experience what he was talking about. He gave the two men a mock salute with his first two right-hand fingers, and made to leave the cantina.

"Try not to get too drunk 'interrogating the barkeep'."

enclave.png

Following after the Gamorrean he had, acquired some information from, he eyed him closely, watching him as he shuffled through the port, a few weary looks here and there but nothing completely out of the normal. A Gamorrean with a little blood wasn't anything to be too unusual due to the scuffles the different groups would have.

The faster this pig gets to work, the faster we can get to the bottom of where this syndicate went and who is rising to threaten our hold over this godforsaken region.

Tyr's hand placed on his hilt as he watched from above, having found a nice catwalk to conceal himself from the view of those below. Kneeling down he found a spot that he could track the Gammorean as he watched him come to a stop in front of a merchant stall. He used his helmet to pick up the conversation between the two pigs.

"Glorb, I need to know some info on those pirates that came around here a little while ago..." The bleeding Gamorrean asked his compatriot.

"What do you need to know Prugh?" The pig asked as he bent down cleaning down some of the "merchandise" at his stall.

The Gamorrean Tyr had interrogated earlier looked around worriedly before he leaned in, "What happened to them? We all know they disappeared but what actually happened?...."

The merchant gave a snort, but before he could open his mouth to tell the man a hole was burned through his chest. With a start Tyr scanned the area, finding a man on another catwalk throwing his rifle over his shoulder and began fleeing.

With a groan, Tyr got up and tapped his commlink, "Alor, I have an informant dead and a man fleeing the scene, making pursuit now."

The sound of his armored boots hitting the catwalk as he sprinted after the man who had taken out the Gamorrean, chit, why do they always have to run.

5Exvasc.png

A quiet intonation radiated outward from the Mandalorian that'd knelt in the drawn circle, "Ori'haat cuyir a Resa be'u cuun Jupayr at Manda." «The Truth be a Light along our Paths to the Manda.» A dim, minty glow faded into the walk circle that surrounded Runi. "Taor hbina mhi bal vaja'gatamte cuun taab, bal a udesla tkiriyr ahrida cuun ta'yr." «Wisdom guide us and steady our feet, and a calm mind hone our senses.» Suddenly a short flame wall snapped into being from the chalk ring as gas might given a spark. "Kathaja mhi at at sticuryida cuun umtidagir, bal tutba na ibic ku'nr rie ju." «Reveal us challenges to strengthen our bonds, and resolve this world its woes.»

Small pilot lights sprang into being throughout the room of the Tapcaf where Vren Rook Vren Rook Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel , Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel , Siv Dragr Siv Dragr , and Faison Kelborn Faison Kelborn stood. Enough to account for the absent souls that had seemingly departed the establishment. The little flames were an emerald green in color, and floated about five feet off the ground; they waved and flickered ever so slightly in an unfelt breeze. If any dared to touch one they would feel cold rather than hot; cold enough to drain the heat from even an armored hand if held there long enough.

"They were here," Runi confirmed as she turned her helm to one side to regard the group.

After a moment she spoke again of an unrelated matter, "Do not dismiss even a simple Soul for they too are of the Manda. Perhaps not destined to find their Path in this life, but be a Light that they may be encouraged in the next." Physically assaulting another to extract information might work in some situations, but as a spiritual guide Runi questioned who suffered the greater injury -- the one with cuts and bruises that could heal, or the hard heartedness that preceded it. This was, however, a mission so Runi would not seek to delve into the spiritual matter with those that would benefit from it most. A word of reflection was not remiss though.

Tag: Tyr Mereel Tyr Mereel | Shai Maji Shai Maji | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt | Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal | Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla

Tags: Tyr Mereel Tyr Mereel | Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel | Siv Dragr Siv Dragr | Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal | Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla | Vren Rook Vren Rook | Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida | Faison Kelborn Faison Kelborn | Shai Maji Shai Maji | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

"We've got a runner. Someone dropped an informant."

With that announcement, Ijaat used the pineal commands to pull up Tyr Mereel Tyr Mereel as a tracker and took off at a suprisingly brisk pace for heavy armor and age. But one did not get this many decades old fighting as a mando'ade without learning to condition their body to the harsh extremes of warfare. In other times, he would have stayed to speak to Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida and learn more of her technique. But for now, he merely reached out in the Force, taking a moment to touch his mind to hers in the way he had learned on Tython, nodding his head before the grey and red armored commando rushed off.

The UMDR swung up and cycled, lights indicating the terrifying assault rifle was loaded and ready as he began to ascend, looking for his Clansman, and instead of cursing as a sniper-bolt took him in the left shoulder, smoking paint but barely slowing him. Thankfully, his skill in craft and the sturdiness of bes'manda kept him upright and moving. He called out the location to Tyr and any following as he took sight of the one fleeing with a long-rifle over their back. Somehow the man managed a shot without him even feeling it in the Force.

"Six by three-two-five headed north in Market, average height, grey fatigues, unknown insignia, long-rifle. Very good with it. Runi, he may be hidden from our sights"

And the chase continued as Ijaat popped a few shots off to try and herd the fleeing assailant back towards his comrades. So far the sniper was either smart or crazy enough to ignore the staccato roar of the rifle as it hurtled bolts of tungsten through a mass-driver that were fast and strong enough to dent light vehicles.

5Exvasc.png

Shai Maji Shai Maji Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel
Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida Siv Dragr Siv Dragr Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Vren Rook Vren Rook Faison Kelborn Faison Kelborn Tyr Mereel Tyr Mereel and any others!

"Koyacyi, vode." (stay alive, brothers.) "Something has been hunting here for a long time. Could date back to when some Dark Side slavers were making trouble here."

"Suspecting the Sith were involved?" The words here half inquiry and half statement.
Thonn hadn't a clue what caused the disappearances, and Jhira's assumption was mere guess – but he couldn't be surprised if such a thing happened to be the case. At least the last Sith he'd encountered had spurred him to invest in that slug-thrower on his hip. Granted, Zlova turned out to be on their side after all. While concerns about her nature had dwindled, Thonn was still pretty sure that the next sith he encountered would need a scattershot to the face.

"Hey Thonn, what do you think? I don't think single thermals is enough." Removing her helmet, she looked to him with a maniacal grin as her crimson eyes changed to a bright white. "Double thermals, baby!"

"Hah; I think you would wanna see twice as many to scrap with." Thonn jested with amusement. Knowing her though, she might've if reality worked that way. Pretty much the only types who could do stuff that defied logic that absurdly were force-users. Maybe one of the Jedi that had accompanied them on the V'Shar mission knew a trick like that. Man, Force More-Foes-To-Blast would be a karking sweet power to have.

"Yeah no, let's get a heading first."

"Yeah, best to know where we're going before trying to get there." Thonn remarked, eager to head out and find something. Not that they had a clue what they were looking for or where they could find it. But figuring that out was heaps better than just sitting still, long as they didn't end up going in circles.

"You don't know where we're going but you're ready to wander off?"

"…Well, yeah." Thonn responded with a shrug; the notion had seemed natural enough. He just wanted to get moving, though he had to admit when Eliz had put matters that way the negligence seemed a touch foolish. It wasn't like they had much of a clue to go on, not until Eliz's Ursod managed to gain one by sniffing at the ground.

"Aubin's got a scent. Let's go, then."

Well now, that was good progress. Really, Thonn just wanted to get moving; all this standing still was making him restless. He still didn't know where he was going, but he was more than content to follow a beast that seemed to have figured it out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom