Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Dedication of the Jadelight Beacon (SJC/JEDI)

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

76682.gif

"ELOAH" (Secondary - Long Handle)

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Jedi Interceptor in landing bay, Dilorian and Bike both in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag: Romi Jade Romi Jade Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Yula Perl Yula Perl Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

Caltin didn’t really have anything to say anymore, so he stood off to the side and watched. It was interesting to listen to Matsu speak about what she did for a living. That was like a concert pianist playing scales. It was intriguing as well as gratifying to see and hear just how much the Master Artisan truly enjoyed her work. It made him laugh inwardly at how she went about explaining it all. She was much like Tiland in that regard.

Tiland was being… well… Tiland. He was hamming it up in his own way and he always had a story to tell that you could relate to, regardless of the story or your position or point in life. That was a lost art and one of the many reasons why the Wayseeker had his utmost respect. Another who had his respect Thurion who was a master Jedi, a former Grandmaster, and royalty but was a true example of a Jedi one that Caltin had a kinship to as for all of their accomplishments (no, Caltin did not compare himself to Heavenshield), neither of them considered themselves any better than any other Jedi.

No one did here. Well, except maybe Romi, but only because she was HO

SHUT UP!

No, Romi was to be looked on with pride. Anyone who does what she is doing. This Enclave on Jakku. This station. The accord. The proposal for a delegation to stand with the NIO. Again, utmost respect.

Yula… what can I say? She is hilarious.

Coren may not be the Jedi he once knew from his time, but the namesake was someone he had witnessed in combat and while it is never something to be proud of, Caltin could appreciate him for the Jedi he was.

Valery was melding back into the fold easily enough. Good for her.

The big guy would be doing so as well, just he had nothing to say. This was not something of an “introvert” thing or any manner of shyness, it was because it was an amazing experience just to be here. Standing against the wall, he moved over to the sandwich station and made himself one.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

if they're watching anyways
Auteme stared at Matsu. It was, obviously, a lot to process, because it seemed the woman was intent to show as many of her creations as possible, as quickly as possible, with as little explanation as possible. It took a moment for Auteme to recover. When she did, she steepled her fingers.

"So," she began, slowly, "By my understanding, this station is not traveling particularly fast in relation to the movement of the galaxy or nearby star systems, nor is it in hyperspace. That means that our reference frame is relatively similar to other places in the galaxy, since we are traveling nowhere near the speed of light. But you've- I mean, assuming this isn't some play-on-words for publicity- cracked localized time dilation, something that should revolutionize modern science and society to a degree similar to the creation of the hyperdrive or the discovery of fire...

"And you're using it for training rooms?"

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Auteme Auteme

She looked at her and listened. "Sort of, the station itself is actually using the closest we have been able to develop to an Aing-Tii engine for travel but we haven't been able to break the instantaneous aspect just yet... only point zero one compared to most military point five hyperdrives. Our experiments with stantions like the Bangmangi for accessing and traveling through the dreaming an area of pure force energy that manifests your thoughts has proven effective and this station can access it if needed as well as some ones like otherspace and the more dangerous rozzum dimension." She said it and was looking at the other jedi like it was just a matter of fact and common place.

"As for the time dilation field it is not perfect and still needs to be tested so why not allow students to get a years worth of training in several hours. A great way to try and advance your skills and meditate on things... it also is a way to advance ideas as Resh suggested rapidly as you can do trial and error over the course of hours to most but for you it can be months or years." The jedi master grinned to herself though. "Compared to some of the things that we have worked on and discovered that is small. Right now my studies have largely been trying to translate and decode the texts we found on several of the older temples."

Auteme Auteme

The jedi master looked at the other jedi and she had a look on her face of... sure. She was more then happy to take her there and motioned with her hand for her to be able to follow. She moved at a brisk pace and directed the way towards the Sasori Jenoshi rooms of the station as she had the doors opened and went to the control panel near the door. "Here is one of them, the panel allows you to control the dilation effect, the interior uses pocket dimension technology to create an artificial area within that exists anchored to the doorway. So you are not taking up physical space on the station. In deep space and places without much civilization the chambers can attract force hunting creatures when they are activated." The jedi master opened the door though as the white room beyond gleamed with a black and gold entryway leading towards panels that worked with their living modules. "We refined the power source using quintessence for sustainability and feed it through kyber crystals so power wise it produces a lot with little draw from the station."

Standing in a corner of the room out of the way of the other Jedi, Miri’s eyes darted from face to face, her expression almost panicked.

She had come here at her father’s request. Errik Nimdok would have showed up if he could, but there was a scheduling conflict and things just didn’t work out in favor of him making it in time for the dedication. So Miri was here, technically as his representative—though she suspected now that he had sent her along in hopes that she would meet new people.

Well, the dedication ceremony had been over for several minutes now, and she was still standing alone in her corner. She knew she was supposed to mingle and talk, but to who, and about what? There were no familiar faces to be found here, no one she could rely upon to introduce her to the others, and she didn’t want to barge in on strangers’ conversations. That would be rude, right? She wasn’t supposed to do that.

Her gaze finally settled on the tables full of free food. She hadn’t eaten anything yet. Taking a deep breath, she finally left her little corner and started to cross the room toward it, catching a few snatches of conversation as she passed by a group of mainly Jedi Masters.

"You gave me one to start my own path as a Jedi. Only fitting I return such a gift for the start of something greater."

Miri spotted something glowing out of the corner of her eye. Or rather, she sensed something that strongly emanated the Light. Her head turned toward it instinctively, and her eyes widened at the sight of the crystal in Kaleleon Kaleleon ‘s hand.

Magic rock?” she blurted, and near-instantly regretted it. ‘Magic rock’ was an old inside joke related to Miri's fascination with crystals and geology. It was not something that should be said to a stranger who would have no idea what she was talking about and just look at her funny, as those within earshot no doubt were. No wonder why Dad says I need to get out more.

Clearing her throat, she turned to the giver of the magic rock and asked, “I mean, is that a lightsaber crystal? What kind is it?

“Surrounded by war, huh? No kiddin’…” Yula scratched at her head with a sleepy smile. “Seems like there’s always one goin’ on no matter where you are these days.”

Something about the look on the woman’s face was familiar. Vaguely so—maybe it was the tan skin or the galaxy-weary experience reflected in her eyes. The room seemed to dim and a gruff voice called to her, but the words were garbled by distance and strain.

Yula blinked away the encroaching memory before it had the chance to take her. Then she grinned, shifting swiftly back into her own congenital nature.

“What I mean is—you know, even if it’s not Sith glassing a planet or whatever. Even in the good times, there’s bound to be problems—prosperity breeds greed an’ corruption an’ all that. Little guy gets stepped on, cycle starts all over again. But maybe that’s just in the places I hang out, heh.”

She shrugged while the grin folding to one corner of her mouth.

“Names Yula, by the way. Yula Perl, forgot to introduce myself, sorry. Heh.” She extended a hand to the Master. “Planet hopper, which explains why we haven’t met before.”

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Valery: Appearance
Tag: Yula Perl Yula Perl

Valery softly sighed, "War certainly does seem to be the common theme everywhere. But luckily it's not all bad out there." she said, a smile returning to her face. But as she looked at Yula, the woman seemed to shift into her thoughts, albeit for a very brief moment. Valery's head would tilt a little in response, but she decided not to inquire.

"I don't think it's just in the places you visit, it's everywhere. The sad reality is that the strong often look to oppress the weak. Sometimes in obvious ways, but it can be quite subtle too. But that's all the more reason for us to work together to protect the ones who can't protect themselves, hm?" she said as she returned Yula's grin with one of her own.

The woman then introduced herself, and Valery blankly stared at the extended hand for a moment. She really has to start getting used to greeting people with more than just bows. She accepted the hand and offered a firm handshake.

"Pleasure to meet you, I'm Master Valery Noble. But I'm not overly picky about how I'm addressed, depending on the company."

She then paused a moment and decided to ask the question that had been on her mind.

"Are you with the Jedi here? Or do you work alone mostly?"

When they arrived at the door, Auteme removed a small holodevice from her pocket, set a timer, then placed it outside the door.

"Oh, and it's a pocket dimension now, too? By the Force-" she let out an exasperated sigh. Taking a look at the control panel, she tapped it a few times to try out the settings, then stepped inside the room. She'd be mad enough if Matsu was pulling her leg, but it was ten thousand times worth if the Jedi Master had been telling the truth.

Auteme looked around inside. "So this is it."

Auteme Auteme

The jedi master looked at her and raised an eyebrow but kept her face neutral as the panel was touched and she set the chamber. Two minutes should be more then enough time for it as she set it up to be two hours inside for them. Entering and closing the door as the jedi master spoke and looked at the chamber. "Of course pocket dimensional technologies have been being developed by several groups in the galaxy for years now largely for storage and increasing capacity of ships. We used the same concept but to anchor a training room that could be used and in some cases well... you can go all out not needing to hold back in here."

The jedi master looked at the other woman and shrugged though. "What would you expect though from it... the room needs minimal in the way of homing conditions, it has the aspects of the living module for food, water and air as well as a place to sleep and rest. The medical module is easily accessible from the same living module for bacta and other medical things that might be needed." She went to a small area and sat down crossing her legs and taking a meditative stance that could be used. "Your disbelief or skeptiscism though is strange.. surely you have observed plenty of force and technological related wonders?"

NnQ2yw5.png

Meditation Chamber

Of all the things Thal Mantis had been in his life, he had never been truly... happy.

And he suspected he never would. It was perhaps a result of his father's blood, or his mother's indifference, or the galaxy's cruelty that made that statement more or less true day by day. But there were fleeting moments of goodness, true happiness that came and went now and then.

This was one of those times.

Thal stood alone, brooding and stoic as per usual, his hands clasped in front of him, gazing upwards at the structure meant to inspire, to rally, and to build a better future.

He only wished his father could have seen past his hate, his anger and his rage to see him standing here. He'd grown closer, at least- in theory, thanks to the Holocron that Vilaz Munin Vilaz Munin bestowed him. The man he'd never meet, became the man he wished to be better than. Preliat had a chance at redemption, but threw it all away in his fool hearty attempt to unite his people-

Against Thal's bastard half-sister.

But the past was the past, and there was no undoing any of his family's dark deeds.

And the Jedi helped him with that.

Thal carried in his hands, bound in heavy green and gold cloth- the knife that his father once carried. In one time, it was used as a defense for the Silver Jedi, it was used as a weapon against the Jedi even, the Sith, the Empire- his own people. The blade that took Jasper Ordo's life, bound in the cloak his father carried. Preliat Mantis Preliat Mantis could may, at the end, achieve some peace. He hoped, at least.

He laid the blade gently in the gardens, beneath two healthy trees. He sank to his knees in front of it, his hands shaking.

And for the first time in years, Thal began to cry- feeling somewhat more at peace, through trying to help his father find some. Perhaps his soul, somewhere out in the ether, would feel more at ease, knowing that his memory and actions for the Silver Jedi would be remembered through this great station, in the peaceful sanctum therein. Thal hoped to bring him peace- peace that eluded Thal, even still. A troubled, afflicted man, wrought with demons.

The sins of the father, the fall of the son. A tale as old as time.

And unfortunately- one that was told time and time again.

Thal gathered himself, breathing in deeply, reaching out with the force, calming himself as best he could- and began to meditate.

“Likewise, Noble.” A slow smile curved along the Zeltron’s face.

"Are you with the Jedi here? Or do you work alone mostly?"

The question was simple and in all honesty, rather benign considering their setting. However, it was enough to catch Yula off guard. A few beats passed while she tilted her chin in thought.

“Well, yes and no.” With a sheepish grin and a hand ruffling her own dark waves, she elaborated. “I’m more of a freelancer, I guess. Don’t belong to any order, but help out the Silvers and Alliance Jedi when I can. Never really been an order and ideology kinda gal myself, y’know? Fighting against the Sith and other nasties is something even fringers like myself can get behind.”

“I got folks close to me who are Jedi, though. My ma used to be one, and my sisters took up the saber, too."
.She grinned a little dumbly at the thought before letting the expression meld into the soft pink lines of her face.

“My specialty is mechanics, though. Droids, speeders, various whatmacallits. You get the drift!”

“How about you, Noble? Do you belong to any order, or are you one of those wandering-master types?”

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Auteme Auteme

She had to think about it and in theory... yes in practicality..... not likely. "Yes in theory, being able to connect to it in practice would be a feat given there is nearly an infinite number of pockets you could connect to." She said it and remained where she was sitting and opened her eyes though offering a place to sit. "There is plenty of time though for any questions you might have or if you want to ask about other things we have learned. THe repository has proven a trove of knowledge to help develop new ideas. The shadex might be something, my students often spend time learning how to manipulate and use the force by creating the force golems and constructing with the dreaming their own pure crystal."

Valery: Appearance
Tag: Yula Perl Yula Perl

Valery chuckled at Yula's delivery and nodded along, "I get the drift." she said."In my time, it was less common for Force-sensitives to be out there as freelancers, but we all walk different paths, I suppose. Mechanics is also quite an interesting specialty to have. I'm personally not very good at it, but I always enjoyed driving speeders and flying ships."

She then paused at the returned question herself. It was a simple question, but the answer was technically not very easy.

"I've been a wandering Master for some time, not because I want to be though. I lost everything that I once considered normal, and have been looking to find my way again. I recently joined the Silver Jedi, and that's likely where I'll be for some time." she said with a soft smile.

"I've always been a Jedi, and likely always remain one."

Thurion experienced the Galactic Republic at it's height, when the Order was singular...she wasn't even born yet, but she always longed for the experience to witness what that must've been like. Her earliest memories consisted of an already fractured Order and a barely existent Republic. He had perspective that she didn't, and this was another reason she always valued his wisdom.

"i've always wanted to experience what that unification must've felt like...I can say now it's definitely part of the reason I advocate for such collaboration nowadays. I'm hoping, one day in my lifetime, we could get back to that."

She looked on with small hints of sonder brightness as he took her hands. He agreed to her request, "Thank you Thurion," they bore smiles almost simultaneously. "Oh of course. I'll hold on to that. I would expect nothing less. Hopefully my asking is enough."

Thurion said:
"Hope always endures, Romi. It can endure anything, weather any storm thrown its way. Standing in your presence here today, gives this old man hope. Bless you, my child."

Rather coy, she broke into compressed laughter. Hearing that from him meant a lot to her. She squeezed his hands in appreciation. "Thurion, you don't know how much that means to hear you say that. I'm so happy you were able to make it. I-"

Kale said:
"It was good to see this done Romi. I wish you luck with the station, and all here who will aid your path."

Her head whipped around, and her face went flush "Kale..." she gently released her hands from Thurion like she'd seen a ghost. He handed her a...crystal.

"Would you excuse me for a sec Thurion?" She embraced Kale. "I'm so happy you're alright." Pulling back she reached for the crystal laughing to herself. She did gift him a crystal a long time ago when he was beginning down the path of the Jedi...he'd come so far from the boy he was from Weik.

"This was sweet, thank you."

Miri said:
Magic rock?” she blurted, and near-instantly regretted it.

Off guard.

She left the floor for Kale to explain.

------

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Inanna Harth Inanna Harth | Kaleleon Kaleleon | @Anyone else

A man can change his stars
The sudden embrace surprised me. At first I was taken back. Confused almost, but accepted it soon after. Wrapping my own arms around her frame. It was... unusual for her to show this sentiment. Under her teachings, she was hardy, and tough, but knew when and where to push. It wasn't often I had seen emotions of this calibur from her. Romi wasn't just my Master, and Mentor, but a friend.

Once the embrace broke, it seemed that she foregoes any other interactions, and thanked me for the crystal. It was involuntary, but a smile kept getting larger and larger upon my face. I wanted nothing more than to just sit down and catch up with her. The good, and the bad. However, this should be a moment for her. An achievement that would make it's mark on the Galaxy. So that Jedi could unite once more.

"Always told to bring a gift, should I see someone important."

While this was different, it was more than welcomed. Almost without thinking, I continued.

"Its a rare Crystal. I uh... Lost the saber you had me build. So I needed to find a new one. You gave me a start. Something I needed. So maybe it's can be a continuation."

There was something else though, a part of me that wanted to know, wanted to feel. It's always been professional. Mentor and Student. Learning and teaching. There was so much I wanted to tell her. So much I had done. But that mattered nothing to the feeling of concern for her. It was self evident that I care. Even more so since I wasn't the model student every Master wants.

"How have you been M- Romi? Well, I mean, You are doing great with the Jedi Enclave and all of this, but... How are YOU doing?"

She was my friend. A dear friend to me. Someone whose voice entered my head in times I needed help. While it wasn't her, it was her teachings that made me who I am today. Not just that, but Cotan and Coren also aided with that. Knowing the Big three Jedi were in my Corner, helped out with some... personal demons I, still, have to face.

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Inanna Harth Inanna Harth Romi Jade Romi Jade

Last edited:
So it was just a “rare crystal” without a name? The answer didn’t satisfy Miri’s curiosity. On the other hand, she had butted in, despite telling herself she wouldn’t do such a thing. Because it was rude and led to awkward situations like this.

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt,” she said, with a small, nervous smile. “It’s just that I’m very interested in lightsaber crystals. From a scientific and a mystical point of view...

Her gaze lingered on the crystal as it passed from rough-hewn laborer’s hands to delicate feminine fingers. Well, maybe not delicate, but Romi’s hands were certainly less calloused.

From the moment she first laid eyes on it, Miri’s entire sense of space had shrunk down to the crystal. She had noticed nothing else around her. Now she glanced up at Romi, tall and blonde, then to the bearded, scarred, slightly shaggy-looking man beside her, realizing belatedly that he was Thurion Heavenshield. Part of her couldn’t help but feel intimidated by them both, though she trudged on anyway.

My name is Miri Nimdok. My father is Professor Errik Nimdok. He would’ve come here for the dedication, but something came up. So he sent me in his stead, though I’m told I’m not much like him.

When the nervous energy building up in her got to be too much, she shifted her gaze back to the redhead who had given Romi the crystal, the one whom she had called Kale. His eyes were fixed on Romi with familiarity and affection. Between the simple sweetness of the gift and the boyishness of his features, he seemed more accessible than the two legendary Jedi Masters, whose reputations preceded them like two long shadows.

Auteme, briefly, wanted to be angry. How could this woman be so blind? But she soon realized that she was operating on far too many assumptions on Matsu's character. She took a deep breath instead, clasping her hands together.

"Well, since we have some time now, I hope you'll indulge me in some simple discussion, so that I might better understand you.

"The first thing I'm curious about- because you've shown yourself to be quite involved in the development of this place and of a number of technologies- why do innovate, create? For what purpose, ideal, goal?"

Auteme Auteme

The jedi master looked at her with a serene expression... not showing anything as she listened to the question and she didn't have to think much about it. "Because knowledge is infinite, our understanding of it is limited, our ability to learn it is infinite but there is more knowledge in the galaxy and more history.... mysteries and adventures then one could have. I innovate and try to make advances to aid and inspire future artisans and jedi to make the universe a better place." She said it when she was sitting there with a moments thought more. "Plus it is fun to see what you can do to test your limits, there are a number of jedi masters I have met who inspired me to push beyond my limits and it has gotten me where I am now. Friends that I know and who will come to me when they need things constructed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom