Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Coronation Ball [First Order | Invited Guests]

Resurgent Narrative

R
qR8H1JR.png

The orchestra flowed easily into the second waltz, as quietly the Kaiser-Walzer, Op. 437 had begun to play throughout the ballroom. Couples moved on an off the dance floor. Conductor Laan Kenmen smiled as he moved his baton into the air and led the orchestra. It was a beautiful sound, one that filled his heart with joy. "Ladies and gentlemen I give you, the Kaiser-Walzer from Johan Strauss II." Another relic of the past some might claim, but an important relic he would argue. The fact that these pieces of music could survive was a testatment to themselves, and so this waltz continued on.
Meanwhile, the Grand Dining Hall was how ready to recieve its first guests. The First Order would serve the factions by relative distance to them, and so first to be served. "The Eternal Empire, Representatives of the Eternal Empire. The Grand Dining Hall is now prepared for you." An announcer for the Grand Dining Hall called out just beneath the sounds of the orchestra. The kitchens would continue to busy themselves for after the Eternal Empire, it would be the Confederacy of Independent Systems' turn to dine.
Of course, the Formal Dining Hall with its buffet would continue to be open to all throughout the evening.
More and more guests continued to arrive, although now they were mostly those from Avalonia as members of the Galactic Alliance outside of Bramma Tagge and the Jedi Auteme, and the Triecolts had yet to arrive. One representative of the Silver Jedi Concord, Noelle Varanin had arrived but beyond that neither of the factions' other confirmed guests had arrived.
The trail of motorcades leading to Rosewood Castle had quietly began to die out, yet still, there would be the teams at the starport waiting for those who confirmed to attend the party. As within the Castle Halls, the party continued onward, and the waltz's beautiful melody carried itself throughout the ballroom.

Mishel Kryze

M
qRmDxi8.png
"Yeah, they get me in trouble long before my stomach realizes what's happening," she said with a bit of laughter. "Then it's good the cabs are so cheap around here then, huh?" She poured out another round of shots for them. "This probably isn't as bad as the time I pub crawled with my fellow Knights of Ren. Pretty sure that's where I discovered my love of bourbon, and everything else." Mishel nodded in agreement, "if it's anyone in this galaxy that knows how to drink, it will always be Imperials man. How else do you think they operate?" They were probably the only ones in the galaxy who actually ever knew what they wanted, how they wanted to do it, and then just set out and did the damn thing.
"I mean, I'll give them this, no matter what shit goes their way. Imperials always get back up and go for their dream, even if, that dream might just rub the galaxy the wrong way." Kurayami was grateful that both Mishel and Alkor managed their way to this end of the galaxy. Politics be damned it would be hard to miss this kind of party. "Shit, Bloodborn, if they're paying you they're paying you, right? Here's to the working class man just trying to get by in this Force-awful galaxy." Another toast and another shot.
"Mhmmm yeah, offing friendlies would be bad."
"I've been uh, holed up at my sister's place, trying to finalize all my research before setting out again. I still gotta figure where she parked my boats." Mishel might remember, might. If not she supposed she could always get another boat. "Neither one of you would happen to know a guy who sells boats right? Something... Corellian."

tdh4IRL.png
With her own hand in Elisea's, Nylea guided her girlfriend to the dancefloor. All her planning led her to this moment. She hoped it'd become a moment neither of them would ever forget, which also made her worry. Had Elisea already figured it out, was she being too obvious? From the fact she normally never looked forward to events like this too much, to her nervosity leading up to the ball, to her 'forgetting' she still had her clutch on her as they walked onto the dancefloor, every step of the way the echani was scared the surprise was already spoiled somehow.

The doubts had to be shaken off one more time. This was the final stretch. Soon the weight would be taken off of Nylea's shoulders and she could let the anxiety go. Until then, the music, dance, and physical closeness with Elisea would provide enough distraction to her worries, for as long as it was necessary.

"There is nobody else who I would want to share this moment with more."

Though it had been some time, Nylea didn't show much of it in her movements. As an echani she learned to make no movement without purpose and although those lessons were meant for combat, it translated to the dancefloor very well.

What the dance didn't distract her from, however, was the bad feeling she carried in the back of her mind. Through the heavily dampened Force a blip of a warning tugged at her thoughts. Something felt amiss somehow, though ultimately she believed it was her nerves still getting to her.

"You are right. We keep ourselves quite busy, hm?"

Ben Craig
Deputy Director of Blackwatch
Admiral of the First Fleet ; CEO of N&Z Umbrella Corporation
Location: Rosewood Castle, South of Avalonia, Dosuun, First Order Space
Objective: 1
Dress: Link
Tags: [OPEN]
As the night went on, more guests arrived from all over the galaxy. From government officials to leaders of entire nations, it seemed as if everyone had been invited. The ballroom became crowded by the minute with highly decorated individuals. The music was simply fantastic, the classic tunes really made Ben feel as if he were in a different time.

Ben looked up when he heard the Eternal Empire were the first to dine. He walked to where the line started for the buffet.

Sigrid Adair

S
qRmDxi8.png

Tags: Xander Blackmoore Xander Blackmoore | Open

Having found the bar, Sigrid couldn't decide on a bottle, her tastes for wine being not too particular, save for the requirements for quality and pedigree. There was also the issue of choosing alone, for she never drank alone, and with the expectation of company as per her progenitor's notice... she was uncertain as to the tastes of this mysterious, unnamed 'friend'. Surely, he wouldn't be subjecting her to some cretin... then to one side of her at the bar, her lower lip caught between her teeth, mind deep in attempting to come to a decision, the shorthand of her title came from an unfamiliar voice, a name given that was no one other than a King, a name announced only a scant few minutes before. It had only briefly drawn her attention away from the wines, and only out the corner of her eye did she view him, not enough of a look to have ascertained that the words 'dark' and 'handsome' should be appended to 'mysterious'.

"I..." her lip now unhasped, her eyes glancing down at the bar counter, "...was not told whom to expect..." she admitted, half turning toward him when the barkeep turned away to fetch him the indicated bottle, "...your majesty."

She turned back to the bar, as the barkeep returned, bottle in hand, her face a pleasant mask.

"It seems that my grandfather has a sense of humour," which she had been quite certain the ancient being did not possess, "or there is some other thing at play which I am not yet privy to."

If she was perturbed by this, it didn't show. This was rather unexpected. By and large, she had been paired with the sons of other nobles, or nothing more than the second child of a monarch for company on many an occasion, due to her father's designs for her life. She couldn't help but consider the possibility of this meddling being awakened again... but she would keep her mind on the matter to herself. Watching the bottle change hands, she glimpsed the varietal and vintage, finding she had knowledge of it, but had never partaken. Finally, she turned to face him fully, hazel eyes meeting his own for a brief moment as they moved away in search of something, someone, before her gaze lowered along with the rest of her petite form in a mild curtsy.

"Lady Sigrid Isla Eronde Astris Adair," she rose to her full, albeit shorter, height, even with the heels, "your majesty." Her gaze slipped to the bottle, a red, then back to his face, humming a brief note of approval, "You have good taste..."

Sigrid tucked her clutch underneath one warm, and lifted two empty wine glasses from the counter, the barkeep having correctly surmised that neither of them intended to indulge alone, and turned back to Xander, the mood of her expression light and frank.

"...but I'm not yet convinced my grandfather has made an accurate assessment of my tastes," she gave the King a warmed, nigh-burning look through lashes, a clear implication that she referred to his company, "humour me?"

She stepped away, gliding past him and toward the tables, the tap of her footfalls almost entirely drowned out by the thrum by many surrounding conversations. It could be nothing. It could just be the Lord Emeritus exercising his possessive will. Of the two, the latter possibility drew her ire, invoked her stubborn defiance in defense of her own self-determination, but a long, sighing rush of breath out her nostrils was the only break in the mask, a sign of muted exasperation, as she continued forward...

Chaos Nano: 604 words

Last edited by a moderator:
In Umbris Potestas Est
Vanessa smiled at Dea's arrival, but was particularly surprised at Ingrid's seemingly barbed reaction to her. AMCO AMCO had certainly changed in tone now that the crystalline woman was here. Self-awareness by sight certainly hard to discern, especially in the days of hyperrealistic droids and animated statues. The statement from Ingrid about the two of them being abominations certainly stung - Vanessa did not see herself as such. Rather, she was a being of primordial power, whose understanding of the universe and capabilities were far beyond anything they could ever have been before. "Hardly." She said. "There is no more abominable about you or I than there is about the leadership of the Sith Empire, Overlord." She remained as polite as she could.

About to comment on how Dea had introduced herself and shown respect for Ingrid's authority, Vanessa instead remained quiet and let Dea respond in question. The elegance and poise she once possessed in the world of the living still showcased itself even now, and Vanessa smiled in response. "The First Order have been exceptional hosts, to say the least. It's been decades since I could dress in such finery."

Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

Wearing: Ever-shifting Polyweave Suit
Writing With: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim | Onrai Onrai | Dea | [OPEN]
---

As thoroughly amusing as it was to watch the others play their little game, the bulk of Adrian's attention was directed towards the curiosity Vantai had brought as her guest, as was his way. A golem of sorts, formed from truly weird components and piloted by a more or less willing soul.

"There are many who would find our dear leaders quite abominable, I'm sure."

Voice more teasing than earnest, there was still the element of truth in it, especially in regards to Darth Prazutis Darth Prazutis - given the elder Zambrano's eldritch predilections his accidental transformation into some unconscionable horror beyond the comprehension of mere mortals remained a possibility.

<The most unnatural? Ingrid, you wound me.> Telepathy relaying his amusement even clearer, he studied the being known as Dea for another long moment before smiling softly and letting his attention drift towards the rest of the crowd, quick eyes separating the wheat from the chaff.

Lady Ingrid L’lerim-Ragal
Empress Regent of the Eternal Empire, Overlord of the Eternal Empire, the Emperor's hand, Lord Commander
The Red Witch; The Night Queen; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
BNpvY1u.png
Location: Rosewood Castle, South of Avalonia, Dosuun, First Order Space
Attire: Polyweave Elegant dress | Soul
Tag: AMCO AMCO | Onrai Onrai | Dea | Open
dRUm20K.png

Ingrid didn't intervene in Adrian's and Dea's conversation, though she'd be very happy to note that it's easy to imagine someone's owner dressing a non-intelligent creature in clothes at any time. After all, it is so often seen when an animal is dressed in clothes. Thus, this was not an explicitly authoritative remark on the part of the other woman. But she didn’t want to look too hostile, that is, better than she was now.

In such a place, of course, she had to play political games, after all, as a regent of the Eternal Empire, she was present, not an individual. The red-haired woman loved the occasions when she was just present as an Ingrid at some event and not like the Overlord. But she would soon be happy if she could only be an Overlord. She didn't want to be an Empress, but because of her sense of duty she would have to take it on.

”Apology accepted, I'm glad to meet you, Dea. I am Ingrid L’lerim and the gentleman is Adrian Vandiir.”

Of course, she was not happy about the meeting, but she was quite well-mannered and also knew the intrigue and political games. So this tiny lie fit a lot within the limit that everyone could afford in a place like this. However, the thought did not let her calm down who she might have been. She couldn't figure it out and still wanted to get away from it.

She would have just been prepared to answer some not-so-kind words - perfectly diplomatically, of course - to Vanessa's words when Adrian intervened. If she hadn’t been so tense, she would probably have smiled at her lover’s response. But she didn't do it now.

”Well, then all I can say about this is that everyone can be an abomination, although I can’t form an opinion about them, for now. But I have also seen a person among the Jedi who can be called an abomination.”

Meanwhile, the Grand Dining Hall was ready to receive its first guests. The First Order would serve the factions by relative distance to them, and so first to be served. "The Eternal Empire, Representatives of the Eternal Empire. The Grand Dining Hall is now prepared for you." An announcer for the Grand Dining Hall called out just beneath the sounds of the orchestra. The kitchens would continue to busy themselves after the Eternal Empire, it would be the Confederacy of Independent Systems' turn to dine.

And the situation was saved by the hosts at that moment, because they had just been called into the dining hall.

”I think this is for us, if you will excuse us, Lady Vantai, Lady Dea!” she nodded at them.

If Adrian had no objection, Ingrid put her arm around the man's arm again and headed with the Sith Lord to The Grand Dining Hall. In the meantime, she also received the telepathic message, to which she laughed softly telepathically. She didn't seem to feel better on her face or movement, but it was definitely feeling it through the Force-bond, especially if they were further away from the two women.

~ I think you have to learn to live with it! Especially that you are the most natural person I can ever know. ~ she replied amusedly and cheerfully, suggesting that she felt this way because of the Force-bond between the two of them.

If they went into the dining hall, she would sit there in the place allotted to her, while she, too, watched the crowd for acquaintances and strangers.

~ I think she goes too far. Allegedly, my case was just an accident, but I don’t believe her. Not to mention that she knows I killed the sister of the Sith Empire’s god on Endor. I have no idea what the Sith Empire will do to me if it turns out. ~

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

One very unusual yet jovial tension lingered in the air, even if it was mostly fake. On one end there were the dark lords - former or not - in a room alongside one of their sworn enemies. Though strained, it was still a beautiful glimpse at one of many timeline that could never be. It was people of differing beliefs having gathered as one for a common cause. In this case it seemed all that was required for it to happen was the dubbing of one singular queen which admittedly made this whole thing more political than anything, but Nora would enjoy it for what it was on a surface level nonetheless.

For one moment Nora would freeze up as she swore she spotted a familiar head of blonde hair. It was one she didn’t want to see, but it was also the one situation she had learned to deal with the most. Although her system was overloaded with the one big spike of worry for little more than just the one second, she still remembered to breathe and to get it under control. One of the doctors had made a good point, the one about there being many, many blondes out there. They had said it was just fine, that these things happened after one had gone through what Nora had. A singular deep breath filled Nora’s lungs with a tension she was all too familiar with, one breath followed by the other as she tried to delve deep into the crystal fixed to her wrist.

Except it didn’t seem to work. One deep breath, one long exhale, one sensation of fear and anxiety merely getting numbed down than anything. It rolled off of her shoulders as she continued her circle around the floor to try and spot her friend to no avail. It was just the one goddamn couple, one friend and one former research partner.

One.

All she needed was that one visual.

One.

She just needed one more lap.

None.

The figurative clock hit midnight.

Hazel Zanteres Hazel Zanteres
Elisea Korrado // Nylea Apollodor Nylea Apollodor

The glass remained against her lips as she heard a voice, one that was eerily familiar. The song of Amea’s voice burned beskar around Allyson’s heart. As much as she wanted to cling to those memories, Allyson knew it was a futile course of action. There was no going back to the past; she needed to forget them, get rid of them, and only cherish that they were what shaped her. It wasn’t fair to Amea.
She wasn’t Kaili.
Moving the cup from her lips, Allyson smiled and shook her head. “Neither really. My cousin thought it would be good for me to actually enjoy a party for once.” She had reluctantly accepted John’s invitation; the Alliance had given her some leave after her current few assignments. The leave only announced to the Corellian that she would be drowning somewhere on another mission very soon. She regretted returning to the Alliance; she missed the freedom she had felt for the first few moments away from them. The limbo between her release and her current slew of assignments had been the most she felt like herself in a long time.
“Though, the Corellian’s pretty good.” Allyson continued to smile. She had forgotten how easy it always was to talk to the woman beside her. Although, Amea wouldn’t quite know anything of it. The thought made Allyson tighten again, her muscles strained against her desire to be casual with the brunette woman. “Surprised to see you here, assuming you’re working through - or have you actually decided to give yourself a break?” Shrugging slightly, she took a sip of her whiskey and then nodded towards the bartender. “Did you want anything, my treat?”
The liquid courage that came in the form of the amber liquid was settling in. Her nerves calm, she did her best to keep a small distance from the other Technomancer. Allyson didn’t know if it was the woman’s ability with the skill or if she didn’t want to feel what it would be like to be closer to her like that again.
“How have you been, by the way?” Her voice soft, casual as she did her best to not stare too hard. The woman beside her was a testament to what Allyson enjoyed visually in another. Strong, confident, carefree, and attractive. It had been some time, and the Corellian was starting to feel the other side effect that came with alcohol. Exhaling softly, she shrugged, trying to keep casual and not stare.

Dea

D
"The pleasure is all mine."

It was odd to be stared at so much as she was by AMCO AMCO . She felt as though he was trying to work out how she was functioning. But it wasn't as though she could ever say how. It was possible that Onrai Onrai didn't know either and she certainly didn't want to be brought over to some lab to be studied.

All of those thoughts were hidden deep inside however. And the fortunate thing about her form was that her expressions weren't as easy to read. Vanessa's powers flowed through her as well, so in some respect she could hide true self as well.

Yet luck was on her side as Adrian and Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim were called away to the dining hall. As the pair walked away, she turned to Vanessa and spoke quietly. "Well that was...uncomfortable."

In Umbris Potestas Est
“We’re Sith. To some, we’re always going to be abominable.” The Jedi had this nasty predilection of believing such to their detriment, not realizing the value the Dark Side could hold. Such was why time and time again the Darkness had risen up to overcome them. But evidently, if the rumors were to be believed, there was going to be at least a little unity between them against the Bryn’adul.

She needed to work on some more radiation weaponry.

“I’m glad you were able to come.” She said to Dea after the pair of lovers left. “You look beautiful. As is, I think Adrian wanted to know how you work. Truthfully I don’t know myself.”She replied. “Let’s go and be ready, though.”

AMCO AMCO Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim Dea

qRmDxi8.png
Seriously? Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris was calling him old? "Way to take a cheap shot there. Or maybe it is, I dunno, never been the best at keeping track of time." While it wasn't apparent to anyone else in the bar, Alkor slid Kurayami the package, which he quickly deposited into one of the inner pockets of his flight jacket. Thankfully those were lined with sensor baffling material, though nowadays it was just used to sneak the flask into places it shouldn't be for the most part. To any outside observer he was merely making sure his datapad was in place as Alkor patted his shoulder. "It is good to see you as well, certainly been a long time since we got to sit down for a drink. Real shame, that." His cousin's comments about subsisting on tihaar and Sullustan swill past Subterrel brought a chuckle from him. "Hey, when you know a well-respected and very proud alcoholic is going to be at a gathering you make damn sure you have top shelf booze on hand. It also helps loosen lips for politicians and their ilk. So win-win I suppose." Kurayami had to agree for the most part about sweet drinks, even if his preferred beverage was exactly that, the burn usually kept him from getting to the point that he was sick to his stomach. He slammed back his shot as well once Alkor absolved himself of any personal responsibility for shenanigans that may arise from this contest. All the Corellian could do was nod and shrug his shoulders as he raised the second glass.

A Knights of Ren pub crawl? Now that must have been an interesting night to say the least. A story he would have to ask Mishel Kryze to relate later perhaps. Her question about how Imperials managed to operate and it being tied into drinking made sense. "If it were so integral to them operating then why do so many Imps still have a stick far enough up their backside to qualify as a ventriloquist dummy? I mean I get discipline and all, but damn you dont have to stay that way every waking moment." Granted, Imps usually had an efficient way to get things done so they were good at resource management at the very least. And hey, at least his present company had an idea of how to relax outside of work hours. Wait, was he still technically on the clock? Fio and Taeli were almost certainly here somewhere and given that they employed him as well as Ariel...ow headache from trying to figure out if he was working or not. Screw it, it was beer o'clock. "I don't really need the money anyways, NSD brings in plenty of money from parts sales alone, so the booze and eventually a starfighter, probably some model of TIE, see if I can't negotiate for one that isn't old. I guess that yea I am working class, mostly. EIther way I'll drink to that." Second shot was slammed down without a second thought. This was certainly going to be an interesting night once all was said and done. Then Mishel mentioned that she was looking for a ship, preferably of Corellian manufacture and of course he knew someone whol sold ships, unless she meant a literal boat like on the water? "You want a Corellian ship? Yea, I could get one either through a trade or just buy one outright. It's up to you and if need be I can have someone 'acquire' one and then use NSD as a front to restore and sell it to you for cheap."

Dea

D
"Well I'm not being run by some remote control, or a bunch of gears and wiring."{/color] That was for sure and certain. She wasn't a droid at all, and as far as she was concerned, she wasn't anything close to that.

She raised a brow ever so slightly at Onrai Onrai 's latter comment. "Be ready for what? Our turn to eat or something else?\' Of course she had an assumption that had nothing to do with food. But these days it was dangerous to assume anything. She wasn't quite prepared to fight if she needed to. The extent of her abilities had not yet been tested.

Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

Actually enjoying a party. Was there such a thing, truthfully? Crowds were a danger that held a discomforting element of uncertainty to them. It was easy to hide a knife in a crowd, even if security had tried to seize them upon entry. Not that Amea had a price on her head, at the very least not in this sector, but that fleeting thought was hard to get rid of. In a place where the force itself had been numbed it was extraordinarily hard to relax.

“Not sure I’d be going to an event such as this to relax or ‘enjoy’ a party.” Amea said before she let out an amused exhale at the thought. She was far from bougie enough to enjoy this. “I’ll take a Corellian as well.” She said and turned over towards the bartender to relay the order. Her attention set back on Allyson again as the glass arrived. “And to think this stuff was a rare commodity once, huh?”

“I’ve been alright. Had to take some time away from things given that one… You know. The thing.”
Amea took an awkward sip from her drink. “You were there.”

And then there was the way Allyson seemed to size Amea up. Wait, no, something else - an all too familiar stare from strangers in darker places. For a moment she turned away with a smirk and another exhale. It was wrong to assume what Allyson wanted, but she had not been the first. The only difference was that just this once it wouldn’t have been to fill a void or achieve something. All things considered there was some kind of connection there despite how willfully unaware Amea tried to make herself of it.

She put the glass on the counter top. “All you have to do is ask, Allyson.”

Her head shook. “How have you been? Still texting strangers about your butt?” A knowing grin spread on Amea’s lips, eyes seeking out Allyson’s with a mischievous glance before she leaned back to look at it. “It’s a good butt.”

In Umbris Potestas Est
“True.” Vanessa replied to her herald. “You are something far more to say the least.” She smiled. “And yes, I was referring to food. The chances of you and I having to fight anyone from any faction c even potentially our own, are next to none here given how many people there are.” She smiled, appreciative that she at least had someone as company. Her party had scattered to the wind, after all.

Dea

Dea

D
"I suppose that I could nibble on something. Enough to show them that I'm alive." Why she suddenly had the urge to prove herself was beyond her. But no doubt it had something to do with Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim and AMCO AMCO seeing her as an object. She hated being stripped of her personhood. It was much like when she was held prisoner by Tacitus. There she had no name and was only given a number.

At least Onrai Onrai treated her far better. "Their reactions towards you were cold to say the least, especially on Ingrid's part. Why is that? You two obviously have some history...." She had a histiry with Ingrid herself, although it was more in connection to her daughter than anything else.

In Umbris Potestas Est
"You're not an automaton. Besides, you indulging in a good bit of wine and turning your inner crystal burgundy will definitely interest the guests." She gave a bit of a chuckle. "Ingrid believes in some way that I am responsible for the Night Spirit having attempted to possess her, which although it didn't turned her into an entity very much like my own." Vanessa explained. "And she views being a goddess as a bad thing. Wants to get rid of the power somehow. I'm not sure why, but it is quite unfortunate."

Dea

Dea

D
She smirked for that was all that she needed; to turn different colours and then have other guests decide to see what effects other drinks had on her. Drinking tea gave her an almost lava lamp-like effect on her body and for some that'd be quite hypnotic. Hopefully her dress would be able to hide some of it.

"It sounds like regret. One doesn't always know what they're getting themselves into until it's too late. I'll probably have moments like that myself..." In fact there was pretty much a guarantee of that. Onrai Onrai knew of her stubborness. And so far she had been able to keep it at bay. But that might all change later on.

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
73aa2a85408214033c394f4a2371bb758d9b114b.gifv

In the months that followed the formation of the Alliance, they had grown from a modest collection of planets to a hulking conglomerate of some of the wealthiest and most prominent industrial planets in the galaxy. They were but a heartbeat away from reuniting the jewels of the Core and their neighbors - both friend and potential foe - had taken notice. To their galactic north, they had drawn the ire of their one-time allies the New Imperial Order while on their southern borders they had busied themselves cultivating careful friendships with the Corporate Authorities of Denon, the Confederacy, and Concordia.

Now, it seemed they had cast their net of diplomacy even further into the void as the Chancellor of the Alliance, Adhira Chandra glided gracefully into the glittering halls of Rosewood Castle.

"Her Excellency, Adhira Chandra - Chancellor of the Galactic Alliance..."

A flourish of brass instruments followed the herald's proclamation and Adhira appeared at the fore of the room, enveloped in billowing purple robes with a golden threaded sash draped across her shoulder. Her hair, a rich dark brown - which was normally wound into intricate coils on top of her head - cascaded down her back and around her shoulders. She hated wearing her hair down, but her advisors insisted it made her look more approachable so she grudgingly acquiesced. A diminutive, but jovial man with snow-white hair in a dark suit followed a half a step behind Adhira. He was plump, but not unpleasantly so, and was sporting a bushy white mustache that eclipsed his upper lip.

"...and Doctor Narendra Chandra of Balmorra."

Her husband did not seem to mind that his title was infinitely less impressive than hers and smiled along beside her as she swept into the thick of the event. It was now more than obvious to the assembled guests that the leader of the Alliance and her entourage had arrived late to the party. This was partially deliberate. Just a few short weeks ago she had given an impassioned speech about the evils of imperialism in the galaxy. At the same time, she understood all too well that their most pressing threat was the New Imperial Order.

Diplomacy would be just as important as the bolstering of their Navy in the coming weeks.

wsL0bBY.png

As the coronation event dragged into the evening, Adhira found herself become eager to branch out from the throngs of her usual Alliance allies and compatriots into less certain waters. These grand balls and coronations often served as neutral zones between factions that would normally be at each other's throats. As her dark brown eyes scanned the room she noted the presences of a number of noted members of the Sith aristocracy, the New Imperial Order's rigid hierarchy, and yes, even a few members of the Alliance all milling about together. There was tension to be certain, but in this setting, they all knew better than to act on their instincts.

Her gaze passed over the visage of someone she had never met but nevertheless recognized instantly. The tall, bearded man had a haunting appearance but was not as unpleasant to look at as TriNebulon News and the Holonet described. Emperor Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex . Or... was he still the Emperor? The secretive nature of the Sith Empire made it difficult to ascertain who was actually sitting on the throne these days. He was standing next to a lovely woman, much smaller in stature and demure in comparison. Probably his wife.

If this were any other setting she would be giving the order to execute the Sith Lord where he stood. However, given the unique situation, she found that she was actually rather curious. Her husband seemed to sense the mischief that was unfurling inside her skull because he gently squeezed her elbow and gave her a wary look. "Please tell me you're not really considering that..." he said softly into her ear as she tossed back the amber liquid she had been cradling in her hand.

"As a matter of fact," she spared Narendra a smirk, "he may be the only other person in the galaxy who disliked Irveric Tavlar as much as I do. When would I ever had another opportunity like this?" The shorter man rolled his eyes, knowing that if Adhira had already made up her mind to do something he stood no chance of talking her out of it. She leaned down and placed a kiss gently on his cheek before turning back and setting off across the hall.

Guests were now filing into the Grand Dining Hall to join the feast that had been prepared for them which made it that much easier for the Chancellor to navigate her way across the Ballroom. Her heels clicked sharply with every step and as she drew nearer, sensing the dread that Carnifex exuded, she could feel her heart flutter a bit. There is nothing to gain from this, she heard her inner voice say as it urged her to relent and go back. The plea from her better angels did no good.

"Pardon me," she said warmly when she found herself well within earshot of the Sith, "I dont believe we've had the pleasure... and yet, we've probably known each other for quite some time... Emperor." Her bright red lips slid into a smile as she regarded Carnifex's wife. "Your Majesty," she did not bow, but gave a respectful nod to the woman that accompanied the Sith Lord, before turning her gaze back to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom