Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Coronation Ball [First Order | Invited Guests]

Messala was in the middle of an incantation when Erictho entered the library. His eyes landed on her and his blood ran cold.

She smiled at him. “Hello, darling. It’s been a while.”

“Aren’t you supposed to be dead?” he asked, maintaining his outward composure even as he felt old fears returning in force.

“Oh, you should’ve known it wouldn’t be that easy to get rid of me,” she replied, wagging a finger at him. “It was a good try, though. The stake through my heart was an inspired choice.”

“The decapitation worked better.”

“I don’t believe we’ve met before,” Nefretiri said, still sitting in her chair with one leg crossed over the other. “Arrius, would you introduce us?”

He sighed. “Your Highness, this is Erictho, the former Witch Queen of Ambria.”

“Still the Witch Queen,” Erictho interrupted cheerfully. “I came back, remember?”

“... Your Majesty, this is Princess Nefretiri of Ankhypt,” Messala finished through grit teeth.

“How do you do?” Erictho greeted the Anubian princess with a graceful bow.

Nefretiri politely returned the gesture, dipping her jackal head low. “A pleasure to meet you.”

“Well, now that I’m here, what exactly did you call me in for?” Erictho asked. Venturing further into the room, she found an antique chair and sat in it. “If you meant to find that poor thing from earlier, I’m afraid she’s currently trapped in the lift.”

Messala couldn’t find the good humor to laugh at this news. “I certainly didn’t expect to catch you here.”

“You should always expect me to show up at the most inopportune times.” Erictho sipped from her glass. “Don’t tell me you thought he would be here, too. He and her are very good friends, all the rotten things between them considered, but he has a life and more important business to attend to.”

“What do you know about my father?” Messala all but growled.

She shrugged. “Exactly what I just said. Your daddy is, well, a daddy now. That changes a man.”

Nefretiri was staring at Messala with keen eyes. The old satyr shuddered. “I know. But… how is he? Do you know where he is, what he’s planning?”

“He’s doing fine, I suppose. Much as one would expect given his circumstances. He's hiding from you and AMCO AMCO within SJC borders, last I checked.” She eyed him over the rim of her glass. “What’s your interest in him, anyhow? You think he’s gonna take you under his wing after he learns to care for that little girl? Backwards plan if ever I saw one...”

My plans are not your concern,” Messala replied. “I admit I may have made a mistake. But now that I’ve seen the error of my ways, would you kindly care to step outside and—”

“I couldn’t help overhearing what sounded like High Sith being spoken in this room,” Erictho interrupted. “Since this is a library, that doesn’t surprise me too much, but I must ask—what exactly are you two doing in here?”

“He was demonstrating what Anubian spells sound like when translated into Sith,” Nefretiri replied.

“Really? Now that sounds interesting. I’ve simply gotta stay and hear this.” She leaned back in her chair, a cruel smile etched across her lovely yet remote features. “Please, pretend like I’m not even here.”

Messala took a deep breath, then released it in a sigh. He knew Erictho well enough to realize that his privacy would no longer belong to him as long as she was around. She would do her best to insert herself into his life in any way she could, learning everything there was to know about him, and then use it to manipulate him. In a way, she was the same to him as Vanessa Vantai had been to Inanna… Which was why he found himself vaguely sympathizing with the “poor thing”.

Still, it had been almost twenty five years since he had last seen Erictho. He had grown older, wiser, and stronger since then. Perhaps he could find a use for her yet.

qR8H1JR.png

Equipment: Illyria Knight Armor, Knight Saberstaff, Miralukan Eye Mask
Mental state: Silent.
Tags: | Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed | Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Freyu Molidias Freyu Molidias |

There was a couple of things that Xobos immediately hated upon entering fully into the party itself and slipping among the guests. These were of course, related to the safety of her king and queen, but one particular thing irked her to an extent that surpassed the others.

Firstly, there was just way, way too many people in this place. Keeping track of her master would have been hard enough at a smaller party unless she was stuck to his side, an entirely unreasonable spot to be in. He had meant for this night to be with his wife and love, and Xobos being there just…didn’t seem quite right whatsoever. It didn’t make her job any easier, but maybe her vision could make up for it.

See, Miraluka didn’t see in the typical sense of everyone around them. Most people familiar with the species knew they saw through the force. However very few understood what their sight was actually like. For Xobos, at least, she wasn’t just able to see from her own perspective. Vision for a normal sentient being was one dimensional, whereas hers was closer to three dimensions. Not only could she see from her perspective, but around her as well, as if she was looking down upon herself in an bubble. It was quite the useful tool for surveillance, and would be a largely be the way she’d keep an eye on the king regularly.

Not tonight.

Something about this building, or something around it, was messing with her vision. Not only was her vision restricted to just her own perspective, but the focus required to maintain it was causing a pounding headache to rip through her head. Clenching her teeth to muffle the groan of pain that flashed just as she passed by the dance floor, Xobos began to realize that doing her job this night was going to be much harder than she might’ve originally thought.

Still, she completed the task given to her. Every exit was given a place in her mind, and a route to exit was planned out. If the couple and bodyguard’s needed to leave quickly, then there would be plenty of options depending on where they started and where the danger was coming from. Before reaching out to her master to inform him of the situation, she instead found a place to sit, pushing her forehead into one hand in a useless attempt to push the headache from her mind.

“Master,” she reached out, the mark on her arm providing just enough of a connection to the force for her voice to find his mind. Doing this caused her vision to completely fall into darkness, but the headache certainly didn’t decide to leave either. “Exits secured..escape route plotted. Force dampeners doing a number on my vision and head. I’m alright, though.” She felt it necessary to put in the last bit, for as much as being here was hurting her, there would have to be a lot more to keep Xobos from completing the task at hand.

It was a knight’s duty, afterall.

illyrian300.png

OBJECTIVE

The Exarch took interest in the Commissioner from the New Imperial Order. It was a part of the galaxy he had been watching carefully, despite his outwards aloofness to the matters in that part of the galaxy. When the Commissioner spoke about not standing out in the ball, this caused Adron to chuckle a bit at the words. "I'm afraid you and yours are failing in that regard. Even amongst the Imperial presence of the First Order, the New Imperials seem to stick out like a Bantha amongst Kath Hounds." The words were not meant as insult, however there was a witty humor behind them.

Alessandra spoke of her sobriety for the evening and even the King could not help but flash her a rather playful look. "
Well, we all have our talents don't we?" He said as they approached the bar. When the Commissioner ordered his Vodka Adron found that to be an interesting choice. Not out of the ordinary, merely interesting. The King would order a fine glass of whiskey, neat with a good chill to it. In only a few moment the bartender set the two glasses before the men and Adron took his glass in his hand. He met the Commissioner's salute with one of his own. "And to yours." He said, downing the amber liquid and enjoying the sweet heat that bled into the back of his throat. He turned his eyes to the glass in appreciation while considering the man's words. The Commission for the Preservation of the New Order. How cryptic. Assassinations? Insurrections? Perhaps something as simple as public works? Doubtful, but no reason not to issue out the benefit of the doubt.

"Preservation. A fine task to undertake. My own wife sees to the growth and preservation of Illyrian philosophy. Prosperity and progress are key amongst preservation. You can hardly preserve the defunct, after all." He said, taking another choice swig of his whiskey before setting the crystal glass upon the bar. The Commissioner spoke of what was half-true and half-not an the Exarch offered a knowing smile and nod to the man's words. "One must always be wary of which side of the fence that information sits on."

Now when the Imperial asked about the views that were shared among The Confederacy, the answer was simple. "In an official capacity, The Confederacy has no dog in the fight. From an economic standpoint this New Imperial Order is just an insurrection seeking autonomy from the Sith Empire. Perhaps if the stars did not separate us then the policies behind such a thing would be stronger, yet the simple way to say it is The Confederacy is far removed."

In private capacity? Adron found some amusement to see the Sith Empire struggle with the New Imperial uprising. Of course, that was for the Exarch to know and enjoy.

"
Now behind closed doors and flowing alcohol you may find those sentiments differ. Many people in the Outer Rim fled that part of the galaxy due to its volatile nature. So some take the passing of those planets a bit more personally than someone like myself." The King shrugged the thought away before looking to Alessandra. "What do you believe, my Queen?" He asked her, though he firmly knew where his wife stood on such matters. It was in that moment that the Exarch felt the sudden pull of the Force. Weakened though it may be there were few things that could separate the connection of a Force Bond, even an artificial one such as the one he employed with Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer . He heard the woman's voice through his mind as a faint whisper and took heed of her words. He did not speak a response to the blind woman, yet he did make sure to acknowledge her through a faint pulse in the Force.

For a fraction of a second his eyes drifted back to Freyu Molidias Freyu Molidias , his loyal bodyguard so that she would be aware of Xobos' imminent return. His amethyst eyes returned to the Commissioner and soon he found himself interested in a new topic. "So then. If the New Imperial Order defeats the Sith Empire, what next?" He asked with a subtle interest. "Take the core? Expand into the Sith Regions? Let's be honest it's never been in the flavor of a thriving Empire to...settle." He said, chosing the final word with care before chuckling softly. "How long until the New Imperial Order decides it would rather be the Galactic Imperial Order?" He asked.

wrappingpaper.png

Resurgent Narrative

R
qR8H1JR.png
Laan Kenmen smiled as the orchestra began to quiet down. He turned to those in the ballroom, and announced. "The next piece is dedicated to the men and women of the First Order. It is William Walton's Crown Imperial, and I am told that after the Eternal Empire has finished dining, the Confederacy of Independent Systems will be next in the grand dining hall. All others may proceed to the formal dining hall in the interim." The conductor then turned back toward the orchestra and began conduct the composition. It would now be a good time for couples to take break from the dance floor and mingle among themselves until the next waltz.
The Galactic Alliance's chancellor had finally arrived, but those from the Silver Jedi Concord were still underrepresented as had many of the independent groups. The Mandalorian Union's representative had yet to arrive, thus far the impressions were from the New Imperial Order and the Sith Empire doing their best to woo the First Order into one pact or another. The Confederacy of Independent Systems remained observant and ever vigilant.

HieVeIW.jpg

S N A K E
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
AVALONIA | DOSUUN
INTERACTING | Ariel Yvarro

N5cG5gd.png

The next song was announced by the conductor after the round of applause from the guests, dancing or not. Snake was still atop the second floor looking over the crowds of people attending the first floor. Irveric has departed from Natasi after the round of dancing, and Jaeger in the midst of those garbed in purple. He knew very well Harrsk was always on the clock, always gathering information no matter how relevant it may be. A trait that can be found in Bline, networking and the gathering of data was crucial for men like them.

The Commissioner remembered he owed Ariel a meeting in the gardens, thus departing from the Sith without a word. Was it improper? Impolite? It wasand he recognized it, but that mattered little to him. Djorn had done their whims and served their bidding long enough for those genocidal psycho maniacs, frustrated at the fact of so many years of service and sacrifice all to further the agendas of the Dark Creed instead of the promises of Imperialism. All the blood on his hands meant little to his former overlords, but now the future for the Imperial was theirs to take and manifest.

After some directions by the castle’s stewards, Bline found himself staring at the beautiful gardens of the estate. He wasn’t surprised how elegant and eloquent the gardens were designed and maintained, an attractive sight for the night. The music and interactions inside the castle became more dull every step he took towards the enriching air offered to those that found themselves among the garden’s flora.

His shades were removed from his eyes, appreciating the scenery while trying to spot the Moff.

“Nice garden, but pretty damn big to not find someone,” he uttered to himself, turning every direction to find the First Order Imperial.

Ariel Yvarro

A

BNpvY1u.png

AVALONIA

Ariel took the moment to get a glass of water before meeting with anyone. There were several people that she wanted to speak with, no matter how brief it would be. The first on her list was Malikai Graush for they shared the trait of legacy within the First Order. Quietly she approached him and looked over at those who had been gathered. "Excuse me," she interjected acknowledging that he had been at least that she had seen as she walked toward him in conversation or appeared to be in conversation with Quinlan Reade the Governor of Tholon and if she can afford it. Appoint him to oversee the new Tholonian Sector. "If I might, Graush, isn't it?"
The woman recalled him from the meeting with the Sith Empire. "I wanted an opportunity to speak with you but perhaps this might not be the most appropriate place and time. If you're available later on in the week. I would like to speak with you." Ariel shifted her attention to Governor Reade and gave him a sincere smile. "Governor, I hope you're finding the evening enjoyable, gentlemen." A nod to both of them as she politely excused herself and headed away from the two.
The Moff would make her way down, toward Commissioner Jaeger Harrsk Jaeger Harrsk and the assembled members of the Confederacy that seemingly surrounded him. She couldn't help but notice Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed who bore a striking resemblance to Valessia Brentioch and it was then that Ariel placed the family. "Pardon me, I realize I'm intruding but I promise, Commissioner and your Majesties I shall keep this quite brief."
"Firstly, Queen Malvern, correct?" Ariel rather hoped so otherwise she had studied a lot of names and faces for nothing. "May I first compliment you, you are beautiful this evening. Second, I was told that your mother should be arriving soon. She's been very helpful to me over the last few years." Ariel looked toward the King of Illyria. "Thank you, King Malvern, isn't it? Thank you, both for coming so long to attend. I am very appreciative."
"I see you've met the wonderful Commissioner Harrsk, don't let his looks fool you. He's quite the gentlemen this one." Ariel complimented Harrsk and then politely excused herself away from the conversation.
The night wore on just a little longer as the next song began to play and Ariel managed to find the woman she had initially been looking for. Hazel Zanteres Hazel Zanteres , "you're Hazel, yes?"
"I just wanted to make sure that I had memorized names and faces correctly, and I just, I am astounded by your service record." Ariel paused a moment as she tried to recall, fidgeting with her hands in the process. Nerves. "Sacred Lotus, yes? Oh splendid, I truly was and am a fan of the organization and I am quite glad that you are here and I personally wanted to welcome you into the First Order." From there Ariel gave her what seemed to be the usual, "and I'm sorry to rush, but I have a few other duties to attend to tonight, but thank you so much for coming."
She had turned away from Hazel and sighed a moment and looked out the doors that led toward the gardens. Ariel wanted to rush out and go find Djorn but as she moved in the opposite direction of Hazel she wanted to ensure that she had met and greeted those she needed. As hostess it would be quite rude to simply slip out into the gardens without having greeted her guests properly. So there she went, she managed to find the Exarch Srina Talon Srina Talon , but she seemed busy with a man so she simply let her be.
Deciding that since the Confederacy would be next to dine, she would have to connect with their leaders later on in the evening. Ariel did, however; manage to find Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex and Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra speaking with one another. "Pardon the intrusion, I wanted to make sure to have greeted you both." Ariel respectfully continued, "I am Moff Ariel Yvarro," she realized Carnifex knew who she was so the introduction was made for the Chancellor's benefit. "I am humbled that you both chose to attend this evening it means a great deal to me."
"Firstly, Chancellor Chandra, I am absolutely thrilled that you were elected I have followed your career for quite sometime and you are certainly someone to aspire to." Then she turned to Carnifex, "and I hope that life after leadership is easier for you." She knew all too well that Carnifex was never one to simply rest. "You've done a great deal for the North." The Sith Empire if anything had brought order in one way or another to the North. "I hope the two of you will find the rest of the evening enjoyable, and perhaps later on I can ask you a few questions regarding your style of leadership if that's alright with you Chancellor Chandra?"
Ariel waited until she had her answer and then gave them both a polite, and respectful nod before excusing herself.
Finally, she thought, she could get out of this and managed her way to the gardens.
Just as she stepped out of the door she heard some poor wretched bloke chucking up his lunch, and perhaps breakfast. Ariel just, her face turned as she felt disgusted. "Oh you, you poor man." She said as she stepped down and around, a hand on his back. Ariel wanted to call security, or rather, a medic. He just kept going, he mentioned something that his mates from the barracks had a drinking contest he had won, painfully so. He was in his early twenties that much she gathered. Ariel looked around and found Kassandra Distorith Kassandra Distorith and so she approached, "excuse me, Lady Distorith. I realize I might be out of place but, perhaps, you can help this young man?"
"I'll owe you a favor, well several, if we're quite honest."
The man continued.
"The poor bloke needs a bit of a clean up and a ride home I think."
After seeing to the man's help, Ariel took another sigh and exhaled hard. She rolled her shoulders back and looked around, bloody big gardens she thought to herself and wandered them a bit until she found just exactly who she was looking for Djorn Bline Djorn Bline and with a smile, Ariel approached him. "Commissioner Bline, my apologies for keeping you I had a few guests to say hello to and I wanted to be sure that I did, that, say hello to them as a rather polite and kind hostess that I am." Ariel suddenly wanted to dive right into one of the fountains, head first. She'd been fine the whole night and suddenly out here it's like she was a droid with a broken vocabulator.

oGda6ip.png

L O S T

Steam clouds wisped in tight circles, condensing against a cold mirror. Hot water had poured unchecked for over a dozen minutes. A thick layer of mist had since formed, blinding the observer from the world and gazer both.

Peace at last.

Self consciously interrupted her reverie would be. An unknown mental tick proved enough to compel a slender finger and thumb to slick upon the glass in an upward curve, from right to left, revealing a gash of cheek, nose, and a watering blue eye of a woman. Already the eye was enshrouded by more roily haze, in defilade by a leaden lid and long lashes. Such a shadow she felt appropriate to dispel from her heart, for the difficulty in peering past the obfuscated reflection that should be was beginning to weigh heavily upon her soul. Nevertheless this dreaded torpor clung to the Major’s senses, adorning her thoughts in a cloak much like the mirror.

A significant blot of time had passed since entering Rosewood Castle. Hiding all night would only give the nagging expectancy of doom credence. Certainly that would be wrong; yet, she could not say who or what she would be failing by giving in to dread, though comforting and inviting the prospect seemed. She closed the elegant tap and turned from the ornate bathroom mirror, pushing the door open with a deep breath as one might do when plunging. She told herself this was a silly instinct, and that such misgivings were a result of the contacts in her eyes that were slightly itchy along with the
white tuxedo that inexplicably felt wrong.

Past back pathways and service hallways strode she, occasionally squeezing by staff much too busy attending to the needs above. Eventually her wanderings gave passage into large gardens where various parties could be found speaking in tones ranging from festive to scheming. As she passed by the pleasantries Sybil contended with the fact that her memory of arriving and who or what directed her to come was tenuous at best. Was it an order? Where was her invitation? Was this technically working? Nerves, it must be nerves, she mused. Such a silly instinct; a lingering symptom of the treatments that had to be undertaken so that she could be useful to something, anything, again. Reintegration within the First Order and her former life wasn’t a smooth process, but being here at the Coronation Ball had to be some form of testimony to her therapy.

She was not aware that the music was growing louder because she was drawn slowly towards its buzzing, pleasurable embrace…

tdh4IRL.png
The bright grandeur of the ballroom, with its dancing couples and joyous music was an amazing sight for her to behold. There was so something infectious to the proceedings, a mirth and warmth between the spectacle and expressive faces that made her yearn to belong within its swirling, lively midst.

Woe would yet befall the Major, Sybil Shepard; Forlorn of the Galactic South, Exile of the Galactic North, for she was a blind person spiritually, within and without. This room was filled on one side with people she had once conspired against -people she would have destroyed and been all the happier for it. On the other were former allies, blown around by the winds of galactic turmoil, both who have forgotten her and were forgotten by her.

What did that leave her as.

A ghost.

Perhaps with more sense she would realize her place and fade, but Destiny urged her to fight on, resulting in her espying a person she had not seen in a very, very long time, Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan .

Much like a ghost would, she froze in place to watch.

Elisea Apollodor

E
tdh4IRL.png
Elisea had been admiring the outlook from the balcony, she smiled when she heard the doors close. "I could probably sit out here for the rest of the night with how nice it is, what about-" She stopped if only because Nylea said she had something to say. The Avalonian turned around and looked at her girlfriend with a little concern. Before Elisea could ask what it was, the Echani had already begun and soon enough the young woman was blushing, she hadn't noticed that Nylea had held her hand.
No, instead her eyes were on her girlfriend's as she listened to every word that Nylea had to say. Elisea held Nylea's hands in hers and gave her a squeeze of reassurance. With each passing word, Elisea's smile seemed to grow and she took a deep breath and exhaled. Internally she wanted to pull her girlfriend close and kiss her. It wasn't until Nylea had gotten down on one knee that it clicked in her mind what exactly was happening and it clicked just at the moment that Nylea had asked her the big question.
"Oh Balance," Elisea's hands went to her mouth to conceal the surprise on her face.
It didn't take long for Elisea to reply as she revealed the emotions that had overtaken her. There was certainly joy and before she could do much else she had a small voice in her head that reminded her. She still had to answer, "yes, yes I will marry you, Nylea." Elisea presented her hand so that Nylea could slide the ring on her finger.
When Nylea stood up, Elisea pulled her into a kiss.

HieVeIW.jpg

S N A K E
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
AVALONIA | DOSUUN

N5cG5gd.png

To his luck he wouldn’t be going through this maze of a garden to find the woman he was looking for. He gave a quick toothless smile to the Moff as she called out to him and approached him, Djorn also walking out to cut the gap between them.

"Commissioner Bline, my apologies for keeping you I had a few guests to say hello to and I wanted to be sure that I did, that, say hello to them as a rather polite and kind hostess that I am."

“No worries, Moff Yvarro, I understand. You have your duties to take care of, it’s something I know better than most people; although I’ve long dismissed the importance of reputation and how others perceive me,” it’s what happens when being so long in a career of active service on the frontlines. He did remember when being a freshly minted scout trooper that he wanted his superiors and commanding officers regard highly of him, wanted to show them that he was the best of the best; sure enough he did, but with time passing by every mission he was assigned to, he no longer cared of wooing his superiors. All that mattered was the mission for him.

“But if it means anything, you have been a great hostess. My colleagues and I appreciate how the First Order received us during our diplomatic talks and tonight, even if there are Sith Lords lurking among us,” complimenting the Moff, and voicing his thoughts on the individual of the Dark Creed. He never fell short on voicing his opinions, whether they were warranted or not. Djorn was always unorthodox from most of his peers, always has since at young age. Something that troubled his superiors, but realized his kind of thinking served well in the military.

“Tell me more about yourself, Moff Yvarro. I already know you’re a more refined Imperial than me; what are your thoughts on the Galactic stage?”

“Also, you can call me Djorn. It’s a mouthful to call me by my rank.”

tdh4IRL.png
That moment between Nylea's question and Elisea's answer was in reality only a matter of seconds, but to the echani it lasted an eternity. All the doubt and hesitation that had tried to keep her from getting this far now slowed time down to a crawl. This was definitely the first and last time she'd be doing this, regardless of her girlfriend's answer.

But when that answer came, all of her anxiety faded away. Nylea felt like she could breathe again, as though she finally got her head above water again. She almost couldn't believe the Avalonian had actually said yes, but it brought the biggest smile she'd ever shown to anyone to her face regardless. She already knew she wanted to spend the rest of her days together with Elisea, and this was the mutual promise that they would. Carefully sliding the ring around Elisea's finger made it feel all the more real.

After sharing the kiss, Nylea pulled Elisea into a hug. All of the tension had fallen off her shoulders and a sense of elation filled the void it left behind. "This is real, right? Am I imagining all this?"

A weak chuckle escaped her lips.

"I love you."

Ariel Yvarro

A

BNpvY1u.png

AVALONIA
Ariel's smile warmed when the Commissioner seemed to be more than understanding. If it hadn't been evident by now, it was assuredly profound now that the two had come from very different backgrounds. She wanted to say something in regards to life on the frontlines, but the truth of the matter was that she knew little of it. Yes, she had been quite instrumental in throwing the Dosuun Hegemony out of power. She had even taken part in the campaign to reclaim Dosuun, but even then she wasn't on the front. Nor would the commanders have allowed her to, Ariel was deemed to important a figure to be on the front.
"Alright, Djorn and you may call me Ariel." A first name basis did make things all the more comfortable. "There are many a things, Sith Lords notwithstanding, lurking among the crowds this evening. Perhaps, however; for the night they can lay down their swords in exchange for venomous words." After all, an evening such as this was the perfect time to play the game of intrigue. "You are most welcome, we do our best here on Dosuun to receive... Most everyone with open arms." A sly smile on the word most as there were some she would not meet as kindly as she had the New Imperials.
"Me?"
Djorn had inquired about her, and the galactic stage which brought her back to their earlier conversation regarding the Confederacy. "I believe there is a lot more at play than meets the eye. Unfortunately, I am not able to find all that is at work, nor am I afforded such an opportunity. There's too much work here within the First Order's home sector." As much as she enjoyed intrigue, scandals and the like, her career as the Home Secretary saw that she was rather busy most days. "As for me, I spent most of my life between one empire and another, from the long past Sith Empire of the early 830s into the 40s, to the brief appearance of the Atrisian Empire, the One Sith and then here in the First Order."
"My mother is Fiolette Raaf, well, she was better known as Fiolette Yvarro."
Fiolette was often busy with her career, "however she left me on most days to my sister or in my later years, with my cousin."
"What about you Djorn? How did you come to fall in line with the New Imperial Order?"

oGda6ip.png

skin, bone, and arrogance

tdh4IRL.png
Tag: The Major The Major

The newly-minted Supreme Leader watched Tavlar depart, her dark eyes narrowing slightly. He was an interesting man -- an interesting player on the galactic stage, too, but an interesting individual person as well. She made a mental note to request a fuller dossier on him. A little light reading. Tavlar soon disappeared from view, and the music changed again. She could at least kill a few minutes watching improperly-dressed people try to figure out how to dance to a march.

She wandered along the sidelines, pausing every so often to speak with First Imperials: commissioners and members of Parliament, dignitaries visiting from the First Order's territories, functionaries, business leaders. The woman came to a rest opposite the main entrance to the ballroom, and she allowed her gaze to survey the occupants of the room, until --

The Major The Major .

Looking like a ghost. And Natasi would know.

Their eyes locked, Natasi's widening even as her eyebrows quirked with confusion. How was this possible? But then on the other hand, how was Natasi's presence possible, either? The Supreme Leader hadn't heard from Sybil since the Sack, since before she boarded the Concordia alone to make her final sacrifice.

Well, final at the time, Natasi amended. She realized she was staring at Sybil intently, her gaze never flinching. She didn't know how long had passed, but the march was still ongoing. She raised an eyebrow and then cocked her head, clearly signaling for Shepard to join her.

DAc3GdD.png

HieVeIW.jpg

S N A K E
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
AVALONIA | DOSUUN

N5cG5gd.png

“Ariel,” he repeated her name, “it’s a lovely name, I like it. It rolls off well,” despite being bent and shaped by the hardships of war he still knew how to be civil and how to compliment a lady. Maybe his soul was tainted, but he didn’t cross the line of being something insidious. He let that job be handled by the Sith and other individuals similar to them.

"Me?" "I believe there is a lot more at play than meets the eye. Unfortunately, I am not able to find all that is at work, nor am I afforded such an opportunity. There's too much work here within the First Order's home sector."

He got the answer he was wanting from Ariel, and understood where she was coming from. The First Order was only just recovering from a state of crisis that they suffered by reptilian marauders, and they had much more work to do. Basically, they were taking a conservative stance and not wanting to be a major player on the Galactic stage. Maybe that’d change in time, but the information was valuable to him nonetheless.

"As for me, I spent most of my life between one empire and another, from the long past Sith Empire of the early 830s into the 40s, to the brief appearance of the Atrisian Empire, the One Sith and then here in the First Order.”
"My mother is Fiolette Raaf, well, she was better known as Fiolette Yvarro." "however she left me on most days to my sister or in my later years, with my cousin." "What about you Djorn? How did you come to fall in line with the New Imperial Order?"

“I remember Miss Raaf. An accomplished woman in her line of work, I’ve never had the opportunity to converse with her but her reputation precedes her. I’m sure she’s proud of what you’re doing here...makes sense where you get your looks and intelligence,” a little bit of casual flirting, nothing too intimate...yet. On nights like this it was expected to find elements of flirting and maybe some romance.

“Me? Well, I used to be in the upper echelons of the Sith Empire, intelligence. Ironically, they made me head of intelligence prior to my defection to the New Imperials, and I’m glad I did. I’ve always been skeptical of the Sith, Ariel. I was never one of their brainwashed legionnaires that breathed and died for a creed that has nothing to do with Imperialism, it’s sad to think that all those men that died did it for the Sith Code instead of our beliefs. I’m grateful that Irveric opened my eyes to the lies of the Sith; a painful realization, but it was necessary. I owe much to the Imperator as much as I do to the Imperial Dream. I’m sure now you understand why I detest the Sith.” He answered truthfully rather than telling a lie as he usually did, but she was Imperial and was patriotic as much as he is. Certainly someone he could tell the truth to.

“Interesting...you’ve been to many corners of the Galaxy, but haven’t found a suitor for yourself, Ariel. Tell me, how high are your standards? Don’t you want the right person show up in front of you?” More flirting on that last bit, although he’d admit he was rusty with how he did it.

Ariel Yvarro

A

BNpvY1u.png

AVALONIA
Quietly, Ariel listened to Djorn while he spoke about his past. Engaged in the conversation she picked up on his service to the Sith Empire. He too had been aware of their brainwashed legionnaires, the way their military pledged alligeances to the Sith. Ariel was inclined to agree with Djorn it was indeed, a rather sad state of affairs that so many died with such blindness and willingness for the very people who thought so little of them. Most of the Sith saw the military as simple things to throw at the enemy while they made their grand plans. The Sith Empire was never going to be meant for anyone other than the dark side occultists.
In part, the young woman could empthasize with her fellow Imperial. Ariel had her reasons for disliking the Sith, but whether she was fortunate or not to be related to one remained to be seen. Although, some might say she was given how wonderful Avalonia looked these days. Now it hadn't been lost on Ariel that Djorn had mentioned how wonderful her name was in his earlier conversation with her. Nor had it been lost that he mentioned her looks and intelligence. Ariel rather liked to think she got her intelligence from her father, but not many knew of him in the way they knew of her mother.
A playful scoff and a light chuckle escaped the Galidraani as Djorn mentioned her lack of suitors. The right person to show up in front of her? If only her life had been a holonovel then perhaps that might be so. "I have been to many places in the galaxy, such is true," she began and paused for a moment or three to look at Djorn and then her focus returned to their walk in the gardens. The pause turned into a small silence as she thought on how to answer the Commissioner with regard to her lack of suitors.
"I spent my years as a teenager, here on Dosuun. I was looked after, and cared for by my cousin. I spent my days eavesdropping on government conversations, learning how to address and approach dignitaries." In short, Ariel had spent her life preparing for leadership on the intergalactic stage. "I had tutors teach me how to read and speak in different languages."
"Etiquette classes, lessons on how to be a proper lady, but suitors?"
"It's never come to mind, not that I would know what to do with one if I found one even if they were to appear before me." The Moff admitted with a sheepish smile, one that she unknowingly wore. Now this was not to say that she had not had her time with romantic interests but none of them were ever serious. Most were simple attractions, one night stands, or a fun friend at the University. "Do you find my lack of suitors so surprising then?" She inquired, "that is to say, are you inquiring if I am searching for one?" And was he implying that he himself would be interested? "Now that is not to say that I do not entertain or enjoy..."
She let her voice trail off for a moment.
"A night or two of fun, or a friend with benefits as I had them while in University."
There was an implication in her voice while she spoke, the implication that she might be game for more than just a talk but Ariel had only hoped she read between the lines correctly.

oGda6ip.png

HieVeIW.jpg

S N A K E
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
AVALONIA | DOSUUN

N5cG5gd.png

"Do you find my lack of suitors so surprising then?" "that is to say, are you inquiring if I am searching for one?" "Now that is not to say that I do not entertain or enjoy..." "A night or two of fun, or a friend with benefits as I had them while in University."

He didn’t miss that peculiar implication in her voice, knowing exactly well what it meant. One didn’t need espionage training to know exactly what Ariel was teasing at; it was just, all in all, human nature to decrypt body language and understand the multiple meanings behind words. While Ariel was revealing more about herself, specifically her past relationships, she was saying something more beyond those lines. She was beautiful there was no doubt about that, he was just surprised that she found some attraction in him...if he was interpreting everything correctly. He wasn’t of noble blood or hailed from some prestigious family, but he had more spine than some pretentious aristocratic prince or lord. His hands were more rugged than theirs.

“Actually, I am slightly surprised, Ariel. I honestly thought there was some noble lord that had asked your hand and I was stealing the night away from him,” Snake answered back to the Moff’s question she inquired to him.

“But it seems no one has claimed you as theirs,” he made it obvious in his voice behind his words, matching Ariel’s flirtatious tease she dropped on him. He slowed down in his steps, turning his head on gazing at the woman and taking in her beauty.

“What else you think will happen on this night, Ariel?” He was committed to this...game between them. He could’ve been more direct, but where was the fun in that? Enjoy the chase before getting the catch.

Ariel Yvarro

A

BNpvY1u.png

AVALONIA
"There isn't a noble lord for you to steal me away from, yet," it didn't mean that her cousin, or mothers were not already lining someone up for her. It'd more or less be on her cousin to do so and for reasons that Ariel understood. "While I may not be looking for suitors, I can assure you members of my family are certainly going to line them up for me, sooner rather than later I suspect."
Her voice quieted, slightly disheartened but seemingly Ariel had accepted this fate. Love was a tool like anything else to be leveraged over others and it was a weapon that could break hearts faster than a blaster bolt. This is what she learned from her observations, of her mothers, her father, and her cousin. Love wasn't real, it was a facade, a beautiful lie, just like peace. The word claimed hit her harder than she thought, she grew quieter still. Claimed. Ariel's mother Fiolette only once talked about it, when Fiolette had been betrothed to Emrys. Emrys proceeded to claim her mother, and it broke her.
Ariel pushed the thoughts out of her mind and looked at Djorn. She smiled warmly once more, this time, out of reassurance. There was that flirtatious tone what did she think would happen tonight? "I suspect that tonight is a night for many people to reveal perhaps just a bit too much of themselves." A more coy smile played on her features now, "and that others will continue to hold their cards close to their chest, still others..." Her voice trailed off as she turned away from Djorn's gaze.
"Still others will attempt to hunt for prey that is perhaps more elusive than they thought."

oGda6ip.png

HieVeIW.jpg

S N A K E
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
AVALONIA | DOSUUN

N5cG5gd.png

"There isn't a noble lord for you to steal me away from, yet," "While I may not be looking for suitors, I can assure you members of my family are certainly going to line them up for me, sooner rather than later I suspect."
"I suspect that tonight is a night for many people to reveal perhaps just a bit too much of themselves." A more coy smile played on her features now, "and that others will continue to hold their cards close to their chest, still others..." Her voice trailed off as she turned away from Djorn's gaze.
"Still others will attempt to hunt for prey that is perhaps more elusive than they thought."

"Then maybe we should enjoy this before sooner comes," he said to her and then stopping in his tracks, his gaze still focusing on Ariel's facial features as his eyes never diverted from her. Was this professional? This wouldn't lead to bad relations between the First Order and the New Imperial Order, would it? Not after that they agreed to a friendly, mutual accord that would open up communications and trade between their nations. And this his wife...estranged wife that is. They finally were reunited, but relations between them were as shaky as an unstable bridge. They were separated from a mission that went poorly due to poor intel causing him to leave her behind just to see the mission being completed. That lone drove a wedge between them, the same love and passion not exactly what it was during their better years of marriage.

And Ariel? Well, he couldn't help to admit she sparked a passion in him, the same kind when a man and woman were getting more than just acquainted with each other. It was something he truly missed; brighter and joyful days in his life. Something that he tried to rekindle with Rowan, but she pushed him with every approach he made. This stroll in the garden made his heart beat rapidly; anxiety and nervousness crept up his skin while he tried to quell it with confidence.

She, too, would stop in her steps and both individuals would stare at each other, anticipating the next move from one another. Who'd shoot next? How elusive were they in this hunt that was now somewhat intimate.

"I think..." and made a small step forward, entering the outskirts of Ariel's personal space, "...maybe we, uh, haven't revealed too much to each other. Maybe we can find out more...before some spineless noble steals you away," and a right hand reached out for Ariel's left; he made his shot, he made his bet with his cards. What would Ariel's be? Ace in hearts?

All in.

Ariel Yvarro

A

BNpvY1u.png

AVALONIA
Then maybe we should enjoy this before sooner comes. Ariel closed her eyes and tried to think of a reason to say no. Would be it criminal to give in, just this once? She had just admitted to having her fun in university. She thought about reprecussions, and in all honesty, Ariel probably should have weighed them more in her mind. Instead she dismissed them all and turned to look at Djorn who seemed to tower over her. Her brown eyes met with this blue eyes. Djorn closed the distance between the two, and Ariel felt his hand reach out to hers.
Ariel's left hand held Djorn's right, hand in hand she turned to lead him out of the gardens. They would not do anything here, there too many eyes and ears. The last thing she needed was for her cousin and her mothers to find her with a member of the New Imperial Order's delegation. After all the two nations had just finished their summit. The night was still young and so were they, she guided Djorn back through the castle. The pair moved through the crowd and unknowingly slipped past the ever vigilant gaze of Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan and The Major The Major before they made it to the stairs where they faded from view.
Quietly, Ariel took Djorn up to the second floor. "One moment." She untangled her left hand from his right and placed it on the biometric scanner that had been cleverly hidden behind a small puzzle patch on a pillar. It revealed a private lift, one that she pulled Djorn into and made her move just as the doors closed. The lift would take them to the fifth floor of the estate, one that was a lot more discreet and where bedrooms, studies, and private lounges were held.
Ariel took a glance at the large grandfather clock as they passed it by. She knew just how much time she had to spare, and how long it would take her to make herself presentable to the crowds. At long last, Ariel opened the door to a master suite where she invited Djorn inside and shut the door behind him. Giving the pair their desired privacy.

oGda6ip.png

tdh4IRL.png
To be compelled to act beyond the bounds of self control was a slow boiling terror, confusing when such compulsion is in its infancy, gnawing as it grasped adolescence, bearing upon its unknowing victim. Merely moments ago when one could be content with being lost at a gathering of this magnitude, rudderless in an ocean, those were the moments she already missed desperately. She could cling at pining after such comparative bliss with all the fervor one could muster. It was meaningless, a punctured life raft; the effort and struggle fruitless against a tidal wave of seeping, fetid fear.

Fear as the corners of her psyche frayed closer, shrinking. Fear as curtains shut tightly against the windows of her mind, perforce. Fear as focus and vision tunneled into a concentrated whirlpool, sealing. Such evil threatened to collapse the Major then and there, breaking a new fissure in an already ravaged, defeated mind - so deep a black nadir that she was sunk past grim nihilism, past rationalism within the pursuit of understanding, past annihilation for there was only more infinite ink in place of self.

Except -it was quite dark here, so she sought some, any, light.

Across -there were two beacons, glittering round, brown, and bright.

For all she knew she had glided across the carpet, or pressed forward as immaterial gas. Now she was at arm’s length from Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan , Sybil’s own eyes splayed in distress, warbling unsteady in shame as a mad lass frantically churned through pages of a tome that should have had answers, explanations, demands, dreams, but instead was filled with blotted out lines and scrubbed content -smudges still wet, palimpsest scratched to an illiterate pulp.

Shapes, outlines of a life once lived, could yet be made out within the dusky orbs of the Supreme Leader. Within them eroded footprints left in mud frozen, long since worn but cold against the tundral air that was time. Anger? Umber coals once took their form here, and when touched by their warm, magnificent illuminance such pride would swell. Soul? Therein once was chestnut as well, weak and damp during moments of supreme toil. Woe? Perhaps it was for the best that the memories were effectively gone, ensnared by seven seals.

It was her fool’s errand to attempt to give semblance to understanding what intent or history was behind those eyes. Whether they were the sweet cocoa of fond allies, or the charred battlefield bark separating closest enemies. At least now the violins of the band sounded less like the screeching siren calls of a tempestuous Armageddon and more like proper notes drifting expertly in the ballroom’s air.

Sybil was no ignoramus, as the extensive neural damage and subsequent amnesia did not make her bereft of a capable, though jury rigged, brain. The still ongoing treatments and schooling -more or less- had informed the patient on who this woman, who Sybil always stood taller than but somehow never looked down upon, was. She was aware that they shared intensive history together, but without the context of experience it lacked clarity. A lot of time had gone into the Major to make this moment one she would be able to endure without going into a frenzied or catatonic state. It would seem that the doctors had, at least so far, been successful, but that had come with a great deal of sacrifice. So when Sybil broke eye contact in order to look down at the floor and bow, it lacked a certain grace and flourish. There was something, be it style, charm, or heart, that was bereft.

“...”

It was no longer the same.

Hazel Zanteres

The Angel/Devil on your Shoulder
tdh4IRL.png

Outside of the Ballroom
Dress
Nora Lithos Nora Lithos | Nylea Apollodor Nylea Apollodor | Elisea Korrado
Hazel had threaded through crowds, trying to follow the faint presence amongst the others all around her. The suppressed connection to the Force made it difficult, forcing the Hapan to physically look around.

It shouldn’t be too hard to find an Arkanian amongst this crowd, and yet it was.

She was growing frustrated, like an annoying gnat at the back of her mind that wouldn’t go away. It had been years, she just wanted to see Lithos. Hazel had no intention of holding a conversation with the young woman, she just wanted to see how she’d react.

There was probably some irony in the fact that it took physically bumping into her, to finally find her.

Hazel had been looking in another direction, not paying attention until the last moment when she walked straight into Nora. She just about caught where the Arkanian was looking, seemingly also in search for someone.

Who though? But that question was brushed aside when the young woman turned to face her.

Hazel smiled down at her, showing no remorse for the memory that haunted the Arkanian.

Hello Lithos, good to see you’re still walking about.” The Hapan’s smile faded into a small smirk, watching Nora freeze up in terror staring at her. And then she walked away, content in the few words she had spoken. She had no desire to cause a scene in such a public and crowded space, especially when she wanted to leave a good impression with the First Order.

Letting out a breath, Hazel began her trek back towards the bar, only to get stopped as someone called her name.

Yes, that would be me.” She took in the appearance of Ariel Yvarro and quickly summarized she was with the First Order. As she began to speak, it clicked in the Hapan’s mind. “Ah, you’re Moff Yvarro! It’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” Hazel offered a smile and appreciative nod. “Thank you, it still pains me to this day that the organization scattered as it did, but I’m hoping to continue my work again here.

She chuckled lightly, nodding in understanding to Ariel’s hurry. The responsibilities of a hostess were hectic after all. With the Moff gone, Hazel took a curious glance around, wondering if Nora had attempted to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom