Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SWTOR

Slice Spiralflame

I can count to 20, 50 and 100, it was Chaos
Begeren Colony:
Pub side:
Talcek 65 sentinel
Whisps 65 guardian
Nadennl 65 scoundrel
Zaktol 65 vanguard

Imp side:
Nomad-crimson 65 juggernaut
Vidre 65 marauder
Aramar 65 assassin
Mininima 65 sniper
Mineima 65 mercenary
Stjolk 65 mercenary
Senpai 42 operative
Arcuren 65 sorcerer

Ebon Hawk:
Imp side
Minima 34 powertech
Pubside
Nadennl 22 gunslinger

Just started playing again after a year, thanks to [member="Anija Betna"] twisting my very, very rubber arm. Here's my spread.

Ebon Hawk
Empire
Hrethir 45 Operative
Hrethik 19 Sorcerer

Republic
Emiery 65 Sentinel
Ib'aris 24 Sage
Evest 15 Oh, it doesn't matter, 'cause I'm deleting this one.

The Bastion
Empire
Auswyn 32 Assassin

Shadowlands
Republic
Meeristali 30 Guardian

Edit: Updated Meeristali's level. Gained 25 levels!

I've played the first chapter of the Eternal throne. I downloaded it last night pre-patching it and by the time the servers were back up I was done. So I played it until around 4 AM in the morning and a bit this morning too. Seems ok. I'm more into the story mode of things of the game so the so called changes haven't really bothered me. The story is good so far as it continues from where the Fallen Empire left off.

Btw the naming of the character is better now. I was able to write Kristijana Rajki as a character name. Ie have a space between the first and last name whereas before you had to put a hyphen or -. Ie such as my characters Kixi-rajki and Kixi-ratnik. Also the names can be longer now.

I have been playing (on Begeren Colony still, if anyone's interested) and I'll review the 5.0 changes as I come across them.

So far, I don't have much to say. It seems like they are trying to trim the fat a little and get rid of some redundant skills. Sniper seems relatively untouched from 4.0. We lost Overload Shot, which isn't a big deal since it was only useful while moving and out of cover, and the new perk lets us use Snipe while moving now. We lost Slice Droid though, which kinda blows. No more CCing droids anymore. Lame.

Sorcerer seems relatively the same as well from what I can see, no real rotation changes.

That's all I've got for now.

Upon further playing here are my thoughts on 5.0.

I'm most experienced on my Sniper, so that's where I'm most qualified to discuss. We lost a couple skills (Overload Shot and Slice Droid) while gaining a new skill (Maim). Maim, as far as I can tell, is pretty much useless. I don't see the point of it. If the goal was to get rid of unnecessary or redundant skills, why add another useless skill? It doesn't make sense. I have been playing for a week and I never use Maim. It does not show up in my rotation, ever.

Story-wise, things are also a bit weird. When you beat the KOTET storyline, you basically become the leader of an entirely new faction, the "Alliance". Which is basically just a hodgepodge of Sith Empire and Republic characters who are still working together because... reasons. I always saw this as a temporary alliance at best, formed simply to vanquish a common enemy. The fact that it's now its own thing entirely is weird. The Eternal Empire has been defeated, so why are we still working with people we have nothing in common with? Suddenly everyone forgot about the major ideological differences between Republic and Imperial?

Then the game basically forces you to fight against the Sith Empire in favor of this new "Alliance". In one of the new Uprisings, a bunch of Sith and Imperials get together and decide to Make the Sith Empire Great Again(TM), and it's your job to stop them. Wait... why am I stopping them?! I'm an Imperial character, that sounds like something I'd rather join actually! I find the lack of choice here pretty crappy. It seems like the story was meant to be played through by a Republic character. It just feels out of place when my Agent or Sith Lord is now fighting against the faction they've been loyal to all these years, and chumming it with Pubs now. Stupid.

Six-O

The Pan-Galactic Scumbag
SadCthulhu - 70 Sorcerer - Harbinger if anyone is down for pvp. I haven't really played outside of doing the Story missions for the expansion, (RNG gear. . . glad they brought that back! :p)

Ludolf Vaas said:
Then the game basically forces you to fight against the Sith Empire in favor of this new "Alliance". In one of the new Uprisings, a bunch of Sith and Imperials get together and decide to Make the Sith Empire Great Again(TM), and it's your job to stop them. Wait... why am I stopping them?! I'm an Imperial character, that sounds like something I'd rather join actually! I find the lack of choice here pretty crappy.
tbf, I felt the same way about Malgus's coup waay back in the early stuff. I saw no reason why my practical, non-racist Sith character would side with the old Sith Empire instead of joining the cause except losing her seat on the Council. I've got to wait til I upgrade my performance before I can play KOTOR again and see this stuff for myself though so maybe it's more obnoxious than that.

I've played SWToR off and on since the Beta, and I mainly played it for the class stories so I was very dissappointed that everything just got pulled into one story by the time the first expansions came out. Honestly at this point I'd just take the Jedi Knight story, pluck that out and call it a poor mans KotoR 3. I'd say even the "Knights of..." expansions make the most sense with the JK.

[member="Ludolf Vaas"] On the topic of the last bit in that post about the Sith Empire.

Personally I think it makes some sense even as an Imperial character, given that the Empire as it is in Eternal Throne expansion is a shell of its former self after being thrashed by the Eternal Empire for 5 years. With Acina trying to keep it together and then be making a deal with the PC and the Alliance, it would certainly cause people to rise up and fight back against it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom