Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SWTOR

[member="Fasalin"]
They're not cut out...you just don't have to do them now. And I agree it's a great advantage.

I do the occasional exploration mission if it's going the direction I am already, but at least I no longer have to.

Hi! I play SWTOR too!

I play on Ebon Hawk with the following characters. If anyone needs any help feel free to message me c:

Deij'enn'avyn - Level 65 Operative
Vaethyl - Level 65 Sorcerer
Cinder (with a weird i) - Level 60 Powertech
Jasma - Level 55 Maurader
Corgi - Level 55 Scoundrel
Mercor - Level 40ish Juggernaut

I have a few others but they're not really relevant.

It's interesting to see that a lot of people have played multiple characters of the same class, sometimes even the same advanced class. I just started my first 'duplicate' character; since I've ended up going light side with all of my characters so far I thought it might be fun to play as a villain. Going to make him a Sith Marauder, since though I always had a big aversion to that advanced class in the past, I've warmed up to the idea recently. So far I'm still on Korriban and I have to say I have very little recollection of these early quests, so it'll be interesting to see whether it's as fun the second time around.

Ryley Maevis

Spicehead/Fresh Prince of Belgaroth
I'm getting tempted to try this game... In mmo's I typically enjoy dabbling in some in-game roleplay with other players, but I feel like these communities always die out eventually. Is there a strong rp community in SWTOR?

I have 3 pairs of 'opposites'; Guardian/Juggernaut, Sniper/Gunslinger, Sage/Sorcerer.
Reason is quite simple; I have to only learn each style of combat once for two classes. I learned a lot from the first which I could apply to the second.

Well, I've done it, completed the level 50 stories of all 8 classes.

I never thought I'd do that, the game has changed so much for the better in the last couple of years.

So, Major Tegaea has defeated the Empire on Corellia. On to victory, and eventually Fallen Empire!

Been thinking of trying out the new TOR content. However, I spent a long time getting all my companions to max affection in order to get the legacy buff bonuses. Do these bonuses stay or do they disappear in 4.0?

[member="Greifen Ren"]
They stay, and actually make heroic moments pretty much something you can use for every boss battle. I've got it down to 5 minute cooldown and 2 minute runtime.

And because it is pretty awesome to have your trooper suddenly do Force Lightning and Choke. :p

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] That's cool. Unfortuately the last two hours of me trying to get back into SWTOR has been a comedy of errors. I had just started playing the new content when suddenly I experienced a power outage during a cutscene. When I got back online, I noticed I couldn't log in. Keep getting the "login service is currently unavailable" message.

I thought this had something to do with the fact that I abruptly fell out of the game, so I tried all the troubleshooting listed on EA's site. Checked my BIOS clock to make sure it was correct, flushed my DNS cache, tried repairing and re-downloading the launcher, nothing worked. Eventually I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled - still nothing.

Now I look on the customer service boards and I see that a bunch of people are experiencing the same issue. Apparently there is a current problem with the login service, and this had nothing to do with my power outage and just happened to occur at the same time.

Looks like I uninstalled the game for nothing. When (if) things come back online for me, I will probably have to patch the entire game again.

So, yeah. That's the kind of day it's been. Comedy of errors.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] Indeed.

Well I'm back up and running again in SWTOR. Been playing through the new KotFE expansion and re-integrating myself into the game. I leveled to 65 on my sniper (Ludolf) extremely quickly. The KotFE questline gives a ridiculous amount of experience. My thoughts:

Good stuff:

The KotFE storyline is decent, if a little derivative of the previous storyline involving both factions uniting to stop an external threat (in the former case, Revan). The story does make me greatly anticipate kicking Arcann and his sister's asses, so there's something to be said for that, I suppose.

I see they are trying to simplify the game in many respects. Companions have been simplified to a great degree. You no longer have to worry about gearing your companion at all, they automatically match your stats and can be assigned to any of the three combat roles. A positive change, in my opinion, for the simple fact that it's one less thing to worry about (although I never had much of a problem gearing my companions before. I would just give them my own hand-me-downs and they would be fine).

Bad stuff:

Almost finished with the new content and I have still yet to find an equip, either through quest rewards of drops, that is better than what I'm currently wearing from when I stopped playing 6 months ago. Granted I left the game with top tier equips for the time, but I've still yet to see any equips that even approach the current top tier. It doesn't matter much, since the KotFE quests are ridiculously easy, but I would eventually like to get back into Flashpoints and Operations. It's the same old problem that has always plagued SWTOR. Quest and Flashpoint rewards are absolute crap and generally do not match your level progression. They also changed the currency system around, which I haven't begun to figure out yet and I'm not even going to bother to try until I'm done with KotFE. Still, would be nice to be rewarded with gear I can actually use instead of crap that just takes up space in my inventory until I can NPC it.

Well that's all for now. I'll finish out the rest of KotFE and see how it goes.

So glad there is SWTOR section here! I am a member of the Guardians and Clan Bralor guilds (at least those are my major ones).

Here are the characters you will find me on the most:

Ebon Hawk:
Atarik-65 Powertech
Drilo-50 Vanguard

Harbinger:
Omarin-65 Commando
Tingay-30 Sage

[member="Ludolf Vaas"]
The change to companions is legit one of the best things they've ever done.
Trying to gear up companions meant that you only ever used 1 or 2 at most because that was all you could afford. It also meant that you slapped on them whatever you could find which made it look absurd.

I've enjoyed Fallen Empire and the new companions a lot. They've upped their game with the narrative style. I'm actually curious how it will finish, and where Valkorian's path will lead.

My agent is set for Chapter X and the return of Kaliyo. Who knows, might end up killing her this time if she betrays me!

One annoying this is that acquiring some companions requires absurd, busywork objectives such as killing rare spawns or doing PVP. I don't do PVP so I guess I'm going to miss out on that companion.

First off - has anyone been having a problem with extreme lag lately? I've seen others talking about in general chat so I know it's not just me, and I NEVER used to have a problem. Seems to have gotten pretty bad since the Expansion came out. Maybe time to update their servers? Maybe my PC is just getting old though. I wasn't particularly nice to it back in the day.

Bergeron Colony (I am actually on East Coast, but when I originally played, Ebon Hawk was down AND I REALLY WANTED TO PLAY so I started BC and then moved over. Waiting for my next pack of Cartel Coins to move Raana over to Ebon Hawk):
Raana'nu: Level 65 Sith Jugg
Maatsu: Level 37 Sith Sorcerer
Asaak'Tey: Level 36 Jedi Sage

Ebon Hawk:
Cixi: Level 14 Sith Marauder

If anyone on Ebon wants to do some RP, HIT ME UP.

All of my characters are on the Bergeron Colony if anyone wants to come find me. I'm open to anything from story to flashpoints to RP.

Terra Ouron: Level 38 Jedi Sentinel

Claire Ouron: Level 28 Jedi Sage

Kayden Ouron: Level 26 Gunslinger

Scarlet Kurtiss: Level 25 Sith Assassin

(All my characters are on Nar Shaddaa if that makes them easier to find.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom