Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion: Add Otherspace and Companion Galaxies as maps

Once upon a time, Jon held a treasure hunt that involved traveling to a companion galaxy and exploring the planets there. It was a great deal of fun and a lot of people got excited about it.

Also, there are a fair number of ships that specialize in traveling to and from Otherspace. Or... At least specialize in getting back from Otherspace on the off chance that they get stuck there.

And then I remembered that there was a factory rule banning extra-galactic subjects...

And I began to wonder why. Why not include some of the canon locations that are 'technically' outside of the Galaxy but close enough to reasonably travel to and from on occasion? So I'd like to propose adding secondary maps for Chaos that include the canon companion galaxies as well as Otherspace. Make these locations where factions can establish themselves as major and minor factions with unique mandates to choose from based on their location. We could even hold a Codex contest before the new locations 'go live' and have people create custom planets and locations to populate the new map(s) with.

556.png

[member="Captain Larraq"]

I can't see staff endorsing, hexing off, and regularly updating yet another map. It's already a pain in the ass to update this current one without crashing your computer loading the thing.

I agree with [member="Darth Metus"] that this doesn't seem very likely to happen.

But alternatively I don't really see a reason why these things can't be unbanned in the Codex. People could submit locations there, planets, species, the works. They wouldn't fit on the map, but that doesn't really matter, I'd say.

So it wouldn't make a mess for the Major Faction system, but would give people some new avenues to expand their creativity to.

Thoughts?

In all seriousness, I'm not ruling out events or special RP threads to there, but it won't be a regular feature.

The Star Wars galaxy already has 1 million occupied star systems and 100 billion star systems. You'll find what you want there.

Darth Metus said:

I can't see staff endorsing, hexing off, and regularly updating yet another map. It's already a pain in the ass to update this current one without crashing your computer loading the thing.
No, please for the love of all things no. I can’t. I can’t do it. It will kill me.

52JmbWw.gif

Is there a ban on a group of writers creating, maintaining, and writing up a small Dwarf Galaxy via a wormhole that is allowed by staff but maintained by the players who are invested in it?

If that was something that veterans who are willing to put the time and effort into, I think that could be a compromises?

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
I'd probably be OK with allowing canon companion galaxies and Otherspace to be used in Codex but no mapping of either item please... in fact, Chaos-GE's capital is canonically in one of those canon companion galaxies.

K'paur are extragalactic in origin.

Yes, that submission predates the ban on extragalactic things. You're welcome. Nowadays, I'd knock up a submission or three for their homeworld and colonies, but seeing as extragalactics are banned...

...well, you know. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom