Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Stolen Futures [Darkwire/SJO]

Objective: Considering the options to raid Thirs Gratat's vault
Equipment: Phase I Powderpunk Armor, Phase I Powderpunk Facemask, 434 Blaster Pistol, Others Concealed
Allies nearby: Rika Rika | Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx | Xandyr Xandyr | Open to any other Darkwire

slQCnMc.png

Daiya threw a smirk in the direction of Brie when she heard the older girl comment. She'd been surprised to see the spacer girl come with them, pleasantly so. It was good not to be the only young member of their little group...or the only one with a sense of style for that matter! The younger teen's eyes gazed over Brie's getup, one that was pretty similar to what she had worn herself on Ryloth recently. Sturdy protection, with a sense of taste that this jungle sorely needed.

"Yeah, they never mention it," Daiya told her, crawling up next to the blonde salvage teen. She felt more reassured to have good allies like Brie backing her up. The kind of uncertainty that these missions brought always set her a little on edge at the start. The girl could breathe a little easier with friends along, even if Brie was super new at this. "It's all just part of the adventure."

An adventure that Daiya hadn't expected to include meeting a contingent of battle droids, but that was what they faced. A comment from behind them had the teen glancing back over her shoulder at the rifle-wielding man scanning the would-be battlefield. "From this distance?" She pulled out her 434 Blaster Pistol to show off her best weapon, "At best I'd be cover fire. I think it'd be easier to get up close to sneak past them."

Daiya gave Brie a knowing look, tossing her eyebrows once at her. "One or two of us could try to get into the vault. If the rest stay behind to provide us a distraction, we could swap and do the same once we got to the doorway." She glanced down at the clearing the droids were amassed in.

"It'd be nice if we could just set those trees around them on fire. The droids would be too busy to notice much." Daiya grimaced at their lack of options, wishing the data packet had given them more information now.

She looked back to Tawrro, who was talking with one of the other strangers she didn't know. The stranger, who had floppy ears rising from his curly hair, was trying to talk to Tawrro but didn't seem to be able to understand the growling replies. Somberly, Daiya wondered just when he was going to let her get his transliterator fixed, it wasn't just punishing her anymore. "Tawrro, did you or bunny-guy —sorry, I don't know your name— bring any det-cord?"

Rick Kaloo

R
CATO NEIMOIDIA
OBJECTIVE: ATTEND PARTY, PROTECT INTERESTS
IN VICINITY: Darkwire Prophet Darkwire Prophet | Fillion Orville | Lon Vondon Lon Vondon |
[SIZE=15px][FONT=Courier New]Tarish Galland[/FONT][/SIZE]

"Well, Admiral, I'll tell you a secret." She leaned close, as if trying to keep others from overhearing. It wasn't a very good attempt on purpose. "I really wasn't looking forward to that first earnings call after the border changes, I was sure that our decreased sales would earn a black mark from our investors. But they were dazzled by some of the innovations those boys in the backroom have come up with."

Sola gave him a wink as she stepped back to the group, saying more plainly this time, "You should come to our demonstration next month. We're breaking ground for a new facility on Parcellus Minor, and what's a better time to show off some new weapons tech?"

"I'll take you up on your offer." replied Rick. "It should give the Cato Neimodia branch of ORME all the attention it needs to stay afloat."
From what he had heard from Representative Ember, it was creativity that kept Starlight Industries open. Maintaining a unique lineup of products seemed to keep a steady buyer base, even during a time of economic recession. With that in mind, Rick had an idea about how to keep ORME's Cato Neimodia branch afloat. To take advantage of a supposed planetary desire for new products, he would offload some experimental technology from Oraim Mei to be tested in Cato Neimodia. While it would be an expensive transportation process, it would be worth it in the long run if it kept ORME afloat in Cato Neimodia.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Representative Ember." concluded Rick, turning to leave the group.

OBJECTIVE: Attend protest party, keep an eye out for shenanigans inspect the pastries
WEARING: cocktail dress
ALLIES: Fillion Orville Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Lon Vondon Lon Vondon Tarish Galland

Kyra had gotten into the alcohol. It was bubbly and pink and made her insides dance. The mystery over the number of livers she possessed had quickly passed.

One. The quarter zeltron had one liver.

Still! It was fun! ...And so NOT the reason she was suppose to be meeting up with Knight Tarish Galland on this mission. But what he didn't know wouldn't kill him. She told herself this was true as she indulged in more of the opulence the neimoidian had to offer. They were suppose to be getting the lay of the land. Well she had gotten the lay of the bar. Which totally counted.

"Oooooh, shrimp!" She chirped, popping off the bar stool a tottering after a server with a tray. A slight wobble hit her steps, her heels not even that high! Were she more experienced she would have found it odd that she would be so undone but one and a half drinks. ... A lesson for later, certainly. She snatched up a pastry and popped it into her mouth in one go, a warm glow to the room as beamed at the server.

"De-wlis-iouc."

Last edited:

Tarish Galland

T
OBJECTIVE: Handle the spotted shenanigans
WEARING: Usual Clothes with lightsaber hidden under the tail of his jacket
ALLIES: Fillion Orville Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Lon Vondon Lon Vondon
FOCUS: Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Tarish wasn't interested in the political maneuverings of companies. Not that he couldn't keep up with them, he just had not personal reason to keep track of them. He wasn't invested in stocks or hardware like some where. His attention was limited with the Mon Cal and rep that began to speak back and forth, eyes watching the party when he spotted Kyra hovering over the food.

"Oh sith." He chuckled as he felt the room shift in mood. At least it was a warm fuzzy instead of something else as he closed the distance between himself and the padawan. "Kyra, how are you this evening?" He cut into her path, eyes glancing toward her feet as he noticed the stumble and held a hand out for her.

"Easy there. Seems the floor is moving on you."

Nyx straightened up from her perch. The mask turned out toward the horizon for a moment. A rough map of patrols was then sent using the local Cryptnet before the cloaked figure flung itself out into the air countless stories above ground.

The metal chassis nature of the droid could not be hidden by the holoshroud she wore given the extreme forces involved. However, as it was a transport vessel there was a reduced likelihood -- if anyone was aboard -- that the pound and ringing of metal as it rolled across the top of the vehicle would be noticed. The digits of one hand caught a lifted portion of the hull to arrest her momentum along the length of the ship.

After she hopped up into a crouch, Nyx's optics turned toward her ultimate destination. Why would it be restricted airspace? That only drew attention, and they had more than enough security to handle a ground or air-based assault. A quick analysis of local traffic patterns and hover-vehicles found nearby had yielded everything the droid had needed. This vessel would carry her right over the compound in question.

Once the ship reached the optimum position, the shadowy figure launched itself back into the air once more. As she fell toward the facility containing the vault, a directional pulse of energy on a specific frequency had an agent in position manipulate the site's sensors. Nothing elaborate, but enough to mask the droid's descent from the sky. It was difficult to prove a negative, after all.

Tag: Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin | Gray Venasir Gray Venasir | Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx

Mischief? Where? Not me. ;)
Objective: Go to a party!
Chaperoned (...ugh...) by: Rhéala Aleyv
Wearing: Something wicked cute!
Tags (if you're at the party): Fillion Orville | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Lon Vondon Lon Vondon | Darkwire Prophet Darkwire Prophet | Rick Kaloo | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Tarish Galland

For the briefest of seconds, Zo'i saw Rhéala's mask slip. A spark of recognition accompanied by the faintest hint of... what? Competitiveness? Resentment? Pride? The moment flashed by so quickly that Zo'i couldn't be sure exactly what she saw. Rhé returned to the conversation with yet another unsuspecting sap. This time though, the Zeltron girl could tell that Rhé was attempting to end the conversation rather than continue it. That slip was the most interesting thing happening so Zo'i followed Rhé's gaze, completely disassociating from the conversation that she had barely been following in the first place. The girl couldn't quite make out whatever had triggered the seductress' reaction. There was a Mon Calamari walking away from a human woman but Zo'i had never met either of them. Old acquaintances? Rivals? They still seemed rather boring but if they were of interest to Rhé then they might be of interest to Zo'i.

"We will catch up another time." Rhé closed off the conversation with a confidently told lie. There was no doubt to Zo'i, Rhé didn't want to indulge the Neimoidians anymore than she had to do to get what she wanted, but Rhé was immensely convincing. Zo'i was impressed, even if she wasn't too keen on the woman's methods. The Zeltron girl started to wonder if there was anything that Rhé wouldn't do to get what she wanted and quickly found herself not wanting to pursue those thoughts further.

Without saying anything or even gesturing to Zo'i, Rhé moved off through the crowd, angling toward the human woman. The conversation the darker-complexioned woman had been having with the Mon Calamari seemed to come to a neat closure, leaving an opportunity for Rhé to approach without interrupting. Of course, being who she was, many Neimoidian eyes followed Rhé's movements across the floor. Was this just another act?

"Sola Ember. I was wondering who Starlight would send. Maybe this night won't be a total disappointment for her." Rhé's voice was low enough that no one around them could hear unless they joined in on the conversation. But Zo'i just rolled her eyes. This smelled like more sniping for unknown and vague gains and Zo'i was tired of it. Where was any of the fun?

The Zeltron girl looked around for any excuse to be anywhere else. Her eyes immediately caught on a stumbling young woman. Her hair had an interesting shimmer that Zo'i couldn't quite place. The light in the room was just bright enough to make out that the young woman's skin was just too-pink for a normal human complexion. Interest piqued she interjected briefly into Rhé's conversation. "Hey, uh. I'm gonna go help that girl out. Looks like she could use some help... or might know something, or something? Yeah, ok, bye!" Zo'i didn't bother waiting for an answer from her guardian as she wandered off into the crowd over to the probably-drunk woman and a guy was who helping to keep her on her feet.

"You ok, there?" Zo'i asked, her eyes a-glimmer and a too-eager grin on her face.

Last edited:
Objective: Trying to not freak out about starting forest fires on the way to Thirs Gratat's vault
Equipment: (2x) Durasteel knives, condescending looks
Allies nearby: Daiya Daiya | Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx | Xandyr Xandyr | open to other Darkwire ne'er-do-wells

m6pBhJQ.png

The Wookiee grumbled a few times in response to Jorj but quickly gave up when it became particularly apparent that the Leporine man wouldn't understand. The large, furry guy seemed to get a little agitated so Jorj thought better of talking the Wookiee's ear off. He might not know the language, but he knew the stories. Jorj might not be too fond of himself but he liked his arms right where they were, in their sockets.

There were a number of beings in their crew. Many of them human or near-human like himself. Most were looking forward at a whole batch of metallic, clanking machines walking around. They didn't have all too many droids on Parcellus. Having seen a great number of them in just the few weeks since leaving Parcellus for Denon, they were old hat by now. But everyone save the Wookiee seemed a little on edge about these ones. Jorj guessed that they were dangerous and served as an obstacle to their thieving or whatever it was they were doing on Neimoidia but he wasn't equipped to deal with something that might attack him. That wasn't his specialty. Now pottery. Pottery Jorj could do. But a fabulous set of cups and bowls and plates weren't going to help take out a bunch of walking death machines. Hence why he stuck to the back of the group.

A young teenage girl turned and addressed the Wookiee and him. Jorj picked up on the name and felt a little better that he didn't have to refer to the hulking giant as something that might be potentially offensive. Again, the arms in their sockets was very important. Jorj was going to retort to being referred to as "bunny-guy" but Tawrro cut in first. The Wookiee opened his pack and pulled out a rope-like tool and handed it to the kid.

"Wait. You're not seriously going to burn down the forest are you? He looked up into the trees and around at all the wildlife. Oh dear. He didn't have reverence for many things. But he was pretty fond of critters. Sure, he was a hunter and a fisher. But that was survival. There was a respect there that he observed. The Wookiee, to Jorj's surprise, didn't seem to have any qualms about burning down a patch of trees. There was no way that they would be able to control the burn. The forest was humid, but not so much so that fire wouldn't spread. And who knows how far the damage would spread before ceasing?

There had to be a better way.

As the group planned their diversions, Jorj stepped back and away from everyone else. He crouched low and circled around the group and the droids. His basic hunting skills kicked in as he did his best to avoid any kind of contact, noise, or scent that would alert others to his presence. He wasn't sure if droids could smell, but if they could, Jorj would make sure he was downwind. Circuitously and carefully, Jorj made his way to the other side of the droid's position from Darkwire's people.

"Hellooo," Jorj said, announcing his presence.

Immediately, the entire group of machines turned in his direction and pointed their blasters at him. The lead droid addressed him, his status made obvious by a purple and gold color scheme that none of the other droids bore.

"Halt! You are trespassing on private property. Prepare to be disintegrated!"
"Ooh, really? Look, I just got a little lost. I heard there was this party, which sounded like a grand time. And somehow I ended up here. Hey why aren't you guys at the party? Do droids do... parties?" A few of the droids seemed to be confused by the questions, looking among themselves. The lead droid spoke again.

"Of course we do parties. But our job is to guard this vault. Not go to a party."
"That's too bad. I hear it's going to be a good one. And your... coats just so... shiny." A different droid responded this time.

"Hey, thanks. We just got our casing polished today."

"Shut up, 542,"
the command unit cut in.
"All the more reason you should go!" Jorj exclaimed, ignoring the commander. These things were dumb, he was learning. But he wasn't sure how long he could keep them off guard. He hoped the Darkwire folk figured out what he was doing before the droids decided to shoot him. And before they decided to blow up the forest.

The map showed that the vault was getting real close. The problem was, it was nowhere to be seen.

Gray was standing outside the main part of the city, with no one else in sight, and he was looking around frantically. The vault was supposed to be right there. And he doubted that the map was fake. There was no reason he would be given a fake map, since the same map had been given to other Shadowrunners too.

Suddenly, a message came through the Cryptnet. Another Shadowrunner, giving signal that he was in position. Great, this didn't make him stress more at all. The other Shadowrunners were also probably ready by now, and he was out here, looking for a fething vault that wasn't there. In frusteration, he stomped hard on the ground.

Thud

It took a couple seconds before Gray realized what it was. And when he did, he almost burst into hysterical laughter. The vault was below him, built into and hidden in the rock ground he was standing on. Only now did he notice that he was no longer standing on the bridge part of the city, but on the rock of the giant pillar the bridge was built into.

Gray crouched down, and looked for a weak spot he could shoot open. And as he did that, he sent a coded message to the other Shadowrunners, signaling that he was ready to move forward.

Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin | Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx

stolen_futures_header_2.png

ATTN: Corpo
Objective: Attend Party/Investigate
Wearing: Suit

Diviak Manfloon, the beady red eyed Mining tycoon, did NOT attend parties. The anti-social business lizard was more concerned about profit margins and undercutting the competition to care about interacting with other people. He had his own projects to work on, like the dismantling of Belazura's ecosystem for deep core drilling.

This was not to say, however, that the man was lacking in curiosity, and luckily, he knew just the cat to satiate it. This had been the first time Kadora'Tra had been off-world, and from what she could gather from her recent promotion and assignment to Diviak Manfloon's personal task force this would only be the first of many such trips. Suffice to say, the girl was excited as hell that her first big assignment for the corporate big wigs was to attend a party. How many officers get to say that?!

She still had a mission to carry out though, or rather, missions(s). The primary one, and the whole reason she was assigned, was to investigate the unusual expenditures of Bipp Lim and where he was getting funds from to throw such an extravagant party. The second one was to protect the corporate personnel sent here to Cato Neimodia, and was at least on paper the reason why she and a few of her CorpSec fellows were along for the ride. Nothing more Corporate than bodyguards at a party.

So while dressed for the party, she made a habit of walking around with ears perked and eyes peeled, and she made certain her subordinates stayed away from the punch. She wanted to impress her boss, not completely waste her opportunities because a party was distracting her men. That would surely get her reassigned to some stink hole, like watching over the corporate vaults on Quartzite where nothing happens...

She looked around and saw a small gathering of people, among them the pink pet of Luminous Sun's protégé, a man, and slightly inebriated woman. It wouldn't hurt to take a small break on some else's expense...

"Oh, I think she is probably more than okay, pinkie." Kadora'Tra said in response to Zo'i Prihm Zo'i Prihm , stepping in from behind her. "In fact, she looks great!" She beamed at all of the people surrounding Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , including Tarish Galland, with pointy little teeth. "Probably a good thing professionals like me are around though, huh?"

Kyra perked as a set of faces appeared before her, one familiar and one ... not. Aw well, they were all friends in her book. She grabbed at Tarish Galland 's arm, the Knight grounding her.

"Oheeeeey guys. Did you see? They have strawberries and some bubbly drink over there. It's fantastic, why don't we have more more of that at silve-.......est." She caught Tarish Galland 's eyes, her lips parted in a wide 'o'.

"Heeeeh," she gave a coy laugh, pulling back. "Was that suppose to be a secret?" Her gaze held his, a sense of panic to their wide set as the moment halted... and she waited for reassurance that she hadn't just fluped up.

Cause that would suck. Pleasedon'ttellhermaster.

Last edited:

Tarish Galland

T
OBJECTIVE: Shenanigans 'handled', meet new folks
WEARING: Usual Clothes with lightsaber hidden under the tail of his jacket
ALLIES: Fillion Orville Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Lon Vondon Lon Vondon
FOCUS: Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Kadora'Tra Kadora'Tra Zo'i Prihm Zo'i Prihm

Tarish gave the barest shake of his head as Kyra spoke of Silver Rest. Being entirely sure of just how much people actually knew about Silver Jedi business was not a priority. The contact between himself and Kyra did allow him the chance to use his own senses to gather just how far gone she was...which wasn't as much as he had thought initially.

"Couldn't tell you at the moment but, maybe don't mention it again? I think you do need some water though. Plain ol' water to offset how bad you are going to feel tomorrow." Tarish offered his other hand in case she needed it before looking at the two other people that had joined them.

"She will be alright so long as she doesn't fall. Needs a bit of food likely though. How many strawberries did you snack on before the bubbly drink?"
He wondered silently if the fruit wasn't to help said bubbly drink go down. Or if it was just happenstance that the two items were apparently close together.

His attention turned to the cat however at the mention of being a professional. "A professional? What of if you don't mind the asking." Tarish went ahead with the question. For the moment it seemed Kyra was off the hook in the case of guilt. Or maybe the curious knight was simply biding his time. Whoknowsfamhejustmight.

In Vicinity: Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Tarish Galland Kadora'Tra Kadora'Tra Zo'i Prihm Zo'i Prihm ...possibly more
Wearing: Cloak | Casual Attire | Hold-Out Blaster (just in case)
Tags: Open

The Force Sensitives might have sensed it.

Not a presence. It was more a feeling, like that of being watched. Except not in any physical sense. A third eye that prowled like a predator. It passed over the gala, with all the foreboding as with a wolf sniffing at a buffet of appetizer trays.

Those who were not Force Sensitive were oblivious to it, going about the party with no more care than they had come in with. But, for those who were capable of discerning such a disturbance in the Force, they might trace it back to something of a paradox. It looked human, but was distinctly not. It looked like a mere boy, but the presence suggested something far older than appearances.

There was just something off about the youth in the green cape. To those who might have been familiar, they would recognize it as the hallmark of the Anzati -- the monsters spoken of in fairy tales, designed to frighten younglings and make adults half-heatedly scoff at the notion that vampires existed.

They were the wolves of the astral plane, stalking through mind fields. Invisible until the predator swooped in for the kill.

The corporate magnate had arrived late. A delay that could no doubt be attributed to any number of things. For starters, he had traveled from the Corellian System. And, second of all, no one expected the CEO of Corellia Digital to be anywhere on time.

Few could command his attention, let alone get on his schedule. Siobhan Kerrigan Siobhan Kerrigan of Firemane or Matsu Ike Matsu Ike of Sasori Research being two names that could get him to clear his schedule and then show up early. Perhaps Gir Quee Gir Quee of Lucerne Labs as well.

No, people usually made appointment requests to come see him. And then he'd get around to them when it suited him. And, if it didn't, then they'd have waited for nothing. After all, most people were trying to do business with him. Not the other way around.

Case in point, was Bipp Lim. A Neimodian who liked to invest in foreign markets. And it just happened that Sor-Jan dabbled a bit in market futures and investments. Their relationship had yielded a meager set of trades in which Bipp Lim was indebted to Corell Financial.

To be honest, Cato Neimodia wasn't looking all that lucrative as a market right now. Recent hyperlane developments had short-changed the world in favor of Commenor, which happened to be a world on which Corellia Digital had established business relations. That seemed to make Cato Neimodia as yesterday's darling turned tomorrow's fool...

...and yet these people were extravagantly celebrating as though the market was up, when it was quite down.

Call it morbid curiosity, but the Anzat had come to see what this was all about. A fool's errand? Or a business opportunity?

Objective: Investigate rumors with Ariela Captisan and Sariya Fenn
Near: Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , Tarish Galland, Kadora'Tra Kadora'Tra , Zo'i Prihm Zo'i Prihm , Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha
Wearing: Cabarello Armored Clothes (business suit) with Myntor Personal Shield and concealed Furor Sonic Pistol

The recent movements of the Bryn'adul near the Silver Jedi's eastern borders had kept the blonde man away from the Core Worlds for months now. It had been even longer since he had worn civilian clothes, and even longer since he had worn civilian clothes while groundside. Yet despite this all, the spacer felt like he was almost at home. Not because he was on Cato Neimoidia (a world which he had never visited before), but because he would yet again play the role of a "distinguished" VIP, which almost meant that he'd actually be a very indistinguishable VIP would look good on the party lists for public relations and wouldn't cause any embarrassing drama as a stereotypical wall flower. He wasn't sure if the same could be said of his companions as he entered the reception area.

He spared a quick glance to his left at Ariela, but the replica droid had her gaze fixed straight forward. He guessed that the spymaster probably wouldn't be much of a problem either, perhaps even more so than Gir. Yet the echani woman to his right might be - Sariya hadn't exactly had the high class upbringing, and her tour as outer rim gladiatorial fighter probably wouldn't cement any positive impressions on most of the guests present. I just need to make sure she doesn't get talking to anyone who might take offense to her while we...snoop around. The man's blue eyes darted around the room, picking out a handful of personages he had met before at some official function. Most of them were distinguished in some professional and dry way - hardly the sort of people that the admiral would genuinely look forward to seeing for an evening's company. But one uncharacteristic character stood out to him, appearing to be a young boy.

Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha wasn't exactly the typical business being in any sense of the world, and a far cry from most of the room's other occupants. The blonde man hadn't seen him in ages, but he guessed that the apparent youngling was involved in something interesting somewhere in the galaxy. Perhaps more importantly, Sariya probably wouldn't immediately offend his sensibilities either. The nominal figurehead of Lucerne Labs approached the corporate titan, closely followed by his aide and bodyguard.

"Mr. Xantha," said the blonde man, extending a hand, "I see that they have also managed to drag you here."

In Vicinity: Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Tarish Galland Kadora'Tra Kadora'Tra Zo'i Prihm Zo'i Prihm ...possibly more
Tags: Gir Quee Gir Quee

"Mr. Xantha."

It seemed that Lucerne Labs was here after all.

Turning his head, the tow-headed Anzat looked up to meet the gaze of the familiar figure of Gir Quee.

When had been the last time that they had seen one another? The salvage project that had resulted in the recovery of the Intervention from Boz Pity?

"I see that they have also managed to drag you here," the man said, extending a hand toward the boy.

He took the proffered gesture, though he was rather intrigued by the choice of words. Dragged here? Lucerne Labs could probably have outright bought the planet. Particularly now.

So what had attracted him to this place? Or was there some business obligation that had, indeed, forced this on the man's social calendar?

"I was curious to get a feel for the current market," the boy answered in a cordial tone. "And you? I've heard rumors of Lucerne testing a new droid starfighter. Looking for new factory real estate, perhaps?"

It had been said in jest, but if it were true then it might actually cut into their next quarterly sales figures. Since the acquisition of Corellia Defense as a military contracting arm for the company, Corellia Digital had expanded its operations into area of competition with Lucerne Labs. Droid starfighters being a core area of production for them.

Shifting his attention, the youth was aware that Gir was accompanied. "But, where are my manners," the youth said, playing off the earlier question as though nothing more than wit or a rhetorical question. Giving a slight bow, he uttered, "Sor-Jan Xantha of the Corellia Digital Corporation."

Then, straightening back up, asked, "...and you are?"

OBJECTIVE: Rob Neimodians Blind
APPEARANCE: Holo-Disguise Matrix of a Neimodian Banker
EQUIPMENT: Concealed
TAGS: Gray Venasir Gray Venasir , Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx , Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3

The escort through the protest crowd was an interesting, and slightly nerve wracking experience. Cassus almost felt bad for the actual employees that had to work here, and he felt that many of them were not arrogant enough to just requisition a troop of battle droids to escort them through the crowd. Yet if they did, he felt like the cowards would break down somewhere in the middle where the crowd was most intense. Nonetheless, the droids managed to their jobs well enough, and keep the crowds back from all but the most aggressive of protestors, who frequently tried to squeeze between the droids before being butted back.

These people were really riled up by something, and Cassus honestly couldn't figure out what. He felt like these protestors didn't even know what they were protesting, but had gotten stir up into a frenzy because the rich were complaining about the economic down turn they were headed for due to being egregiously overlooked for a trade route. The boy honestly couldn't believe he could ever be as upset over something so... mundane and pointless? It certainly didn't feel like the end of the world to him, considering how many other planets were not on the trade route. Did they expect a trade route to hit every single world in the core? It was ridiculous to think about, but also factored in that he did not live on a planet in which to eat up its propaganda. If he wanted to do that, he could go to Denon and listen to approved Corporate Channels all day, which was not his idea of fun.

Eventually, the Bounty Hunter kid made into the bank, and in true Neimodian fashion he didn't thank the droids at all for their escort.

"You're welcome!" He heard one of the droids mutter loudly as they started the daunting of making it back to their posts on the other side of the crowd with no one to escort.

He eventually encountered another Neimodian working behind a counter with glasteel and bars between them.

"What are you doing here so early? It isn't your shift yet, is it?" The Neimodian referred to him as he looked to his chrono. Cassus raised a hand as if in greeting, but behind the holographic mirage, his hand held something and pointed it towards the humanoid through the glass.

"I am here to inspect the Vault," Then he pulled the trigger, "Take me there." Cassus kept the weapon trained on the alien and firing its invisible neurological waves through the glass, while the weapons AI disrupted the mental patterns of the individual to fit the command he had given them. A neural shuffler was a useful tool in any infiltration mission, so long as you were sure to meet other humanoids. He only hoped that the glasteel and bars wasn't also guarded by an energy shield, otherwise this tactic plainly wouldn't work...

Daiya Daiya Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx Rika Rika

Xandyr was relatively ambivelant about setting the forest on fire. A lot of things didn't distract droids as much as humans. It made them quite effective soldiers in certain conditions. They would keep marching and fighting through artillery, could fight just as well in the night and flashbangs barely bothered them.

"Wish I'd brought an EMP grenade or five," he muttered. "But perhaps we could...Where is he going."

Xandyr watched with increasing disbelief as the man not only circled the droid but turned to start a conversation with them.

"Damn. Make a run for it. I'll cover."

He dropped to his belly, settling his disruptor rifle. If the droid turned around or decided they had enough of the questions he was going to have to be quick.

Objective: Investigate rumors with Ariela Captisan and Sariya Fenn
Near: Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , Tarish Galland, Kadora'Tra Kadora'Tra , Zo'i Prihm Zo'i Prihm , Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha
Wearing: Cabarello Armored Clothes (business suit) with Myntor Personal Shield and concealed Furor Sonic Pistol

"I was curious to get a feel for the current market. And you? I've heard rumors of Lucerne testing a new droid starfighter. Looking for new factory real estate, perhaps?"

So he's not here for the same reason that I am...Or he doesn't know that I'm also here for the same reasons. The man didn't like to lie, and he disliked the idea of lying to a past business partner and Jedi master even less. This is probably why I let Ariela handle most of this stuff, isn't it? But that doesn't mean that I can't tell him some truth. Thankfully, the anzati appeared to be briefly distracted by company, giving the man some time to compose his thoughts.

"But, where are my manners. Sor-Jan Xantha of the Corellia Digital Corporation."

The apparent brunette gingerly extended a hand and offered a subdued smile, "Miss Captisan, aide to Mister Quee. A pleasure to meet you in person. I understand that you have done some business with my boss before I came onboard to the company. It's nice to put a face to a name."

While Ariela was almost blandly demure when it came to business manners, Sariya was decidedly not. The young echani woman eyed the jedi up and down as the replica droid spoke to the jedi; the sort of look that made it clear that she was sizing up the apparent youngling not as a conversation partner, but as a potential dueling opponent. If any force-user attempted to read her mind at the moment, they would find her perplexed. Something about Sor-Jan didn't match up to her, even if she couldn't quite figure it out. She flashed a brief smile that showed more teeth than most in almost predatory-like manner.

"You look pretty young to be the president of a company."

I better get in here...

"You'll have to excuse Miss Fenn here. She has lived an interesting life where things are sometimes more commonly communicated by actions."

Echani were known to communicate through physically fighting, which the blonde man guessed that the widely-traveled jedi might know. Sariya particularly seemed to prefer that route, and if she couldn't do it with physical blows, she seemed to enjoy verbal sparring just as much. The man stepped slightly to the right, putting part of himself between Sor-Jan and the echani duelist.

"I would guess that you were talking about the Zephyr-class," started the man, "we're just starting to roll them out from our factory ships. I don't think we'll see many of them around here though, not with the Bryn'adul threatening hundreds of worlds with genocide to the galactic east. Some things are more valuable than corporate profits..."

...but that doesn't explain why I'm here now...does it....

"I've heard some interesting rumors," said Gir quietly, "that some of my customers wanted me to investigate. What about you? Looking to expand business here or set up a location on the Quellor Run? I suppose that's a little glamorous with the new route open though..."

stolen_futures_header_2.png

ATTN: Corpo
Objective: Attend Party/Investigate
Wearing: Suit
"A professional? What of if you don't mind the asking."

"Corporate Security." Kadora'Tra answered quickly, likely anticipating the question ahead of time. A proud tooth poked out of her grin. "Wouldn't want the bosses and their enterouge getting mixed up with anything they shouldn't. It's a party sure, but when this much money starts rolling around, anything could happen." The young 17 year old Captain said almost facetiously. She moved to wrap an arm around Zo'i Prihm Zo'i Prihm .

"I hear the protests are pretty crazy right now, hear anything interesting?" She asked to any if them in general.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Tarish Galland

Tags: Gir Quee Gir Quee

Even while he avoided telepathic contact, the boy was empathetically aware that his remark had confused the man.

To what end, he did not know.

The brunette was Captisan and... he had no read on her. None at all. Almost as if she wasn't standing in front of him. She looked human, but there were some species of humanoid that were blank slates to telepaths. This could be one of them -- after all, that would be invaluable in the business field -- but he couldn't be sure. Droids were also remarkably lifelike now, compared to how they'd been before the Clone Wars.

The white haired woman, on the other hand, might as well have been broadcasting her emotions with a neon sign.

"You look pretty young to be the president of a company."

The boy flashed a smile. "Someone told me that if you start investing early, you could be a millionaire by the time you retire," he answered, somewhat wistfully. After all, none of what she had said was not true. From a certain point of view.

Gir seemed eager to try and wrestle back control of the conversation, though the boy was quick to note, "There is no offense where none is taken." Had that been Tyvokka? Or Jocasta Nu, perhaps? Whoever he'd heard it from, it had stuck with him. Glancing back at the white haired woman for a moment, he added, "I've always appreciated that the Echani say what they mean, and mean what they punch."

At the mention of rumors, the boy's gaze shifted back over to the man. "Rumors?" the boy echoed. "More like suspicions."

Nonchalantly, the boy glanced around the room as he explained. "With the market loss at the announcement of the new hyperlane, I was surprised to hear about this party. You'd almost think some of these merchants might have sold some of their stocks before the announcement... but surely there's no insider trading afoot."

Honestly, at this point, he'd be disappointed to learn if there wasn't, in fact, insider trading going on. The read of the people in this room was entirely too confident for the current market volatility.

Objective: Sneaking up on Thirs Gratat's vault
Equipment: Phase I Powderpunk Armor, Phase I Powderpunk Facemask, 434 Blaster Pistol, Detcord, Others Concealed
Allies nearby: Rika Rika | Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx | Xandyr Xandyr | Open to any other Darkwire

slQCnMc.png

Thank the stars for Tawrro! He always managed to bring along the right tools, or show up at the right time. Daiya wasn't sure what she would do if he wasn't around anymore.

Probably miss his wise-cracks.

Daiya grinned at that thought as she accepted the detcord from her Wookiee partner, taking a moment to look over the explosive. The teen had never used it before, but it couldn't be that hard, she'd watched Tawrro set one up before. She coiled the length of it around her wrist as Bunny Guy spoke up, apparently in shock at her suggestions. She stared at him for a moment, the floppy-eared man must not have been listening very closely if he thought she wanted to burn the whole forest.

"What? No, just a little bit of it around the clearing," Daiya explained, but it was lost in the whirl of air as the man bounded away. She looked up to Tawrro for some help, trying to decipher the odd expression in his eyes. Was the Wookiee...agreeing with Bunny Guy? "You know I wasn't suggesting burning down the forest, right?"

Tawrro's gaze pierced right through her, but he said nothing. Her heart dropped to her feet as something caught his eye, and he moved around her towards the overlook point again. The teen just stood there for a moment, wondering how things had gone so quickly sour. It was those fething droids, they weren't supposed to be here, and now everything was wrong. Daiya tied the cord tightly and then reached for her blaster, maybe the man with the rifle had the right idea after all!

Daiya was stopped as she approached the others, who stared transfixed at some interaction below in the clearing. Joining them, she saw Bunny Guy talking to some of the droids. Talking to them? Was he trying to get those ears of his shot off?

Clearly, she wasn't the only one thinking the same thing. Daiya nodded at the rifleman, and glanced over at Tawrro. A tilt of her head told him which way she was going, before the teen started over quickly to Brie. "Come on, let's get down there before Bunny Guy uses up all our lead time."

The girl didn't give her friend a choice, pulling her along until Brie followed on her own. They made their way down the side of the overlook, sticking to the trees and out of sight of the droids. Daiya had her eyes on the tiny command post sticking out of the ground, close to where the droids had corralled Bunny Guy. If she could get there, they could make some noise.

If someone didn't make any first, that is.

"If you start hearing blasters shooting, we run for the vault, alright? Let's not give them time to stop us."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom