Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Stolen Futures [Darkwire/SJO]

stolen_futures_header_2.png

ATTN: Corpos

The protest is on!

The Starbird Trade Spine has been opened and Cato Neimoidia and Denon, two of the largest economic centers of the inner systems have been left out. You receive an invitation to attend the peaceful demonstrations taking place all over Cato Neimoidia in a show of good faith to those who would also see a trade slump as a result of a trade snub.

Most of the Neimoidians on the purse world are genuinely upset about the projected downturn. Estimates for tariff and import/export taxation revenue figures are down so far that their market, which is highly dependent on offworld business, could plummet to record lows. For your part, the DireX Board has ensured you that its internal revenue stream is sturdy enough to support business through Corporate Authority territory without suffering significant losses. You might lose business, but your position is recoverable.

And yet, some Neimoidians seem to be taking the opportunity to throw parties. One such individual is Bipp Lim, a stock broker specializing in foreign markets. While a show of wealth is often used as a deflection from concurrent losses, these parties seem to be a little too extravagant to be cost-effective for those Neimoidians significantly hurt by the market drop. While the parties seem to display a strong solidarity for the ongoing protests, there also seems to be a certain level of condescension in the air. The DireX Board thinks that an investigation is worth everyone’s time.

• Go to Bipp Lim’s protest party.
  • While there, you may opt to investigate the unusual over-expenditures during a depression.

ATTN: Darkwire

The screen of your datapad glitches for a moment. Then a too-bright image appears. A shadowy figure is sitting in front of a bright but nondescript display. This breach of privacy to your pad isn’t all that uncommon. You’ve received similar jobs from unknown sources in a similar fashion so many times you probably have a datapad dedicated for these messages alone at this point. The Cryptnet 2.0 just happens to work that way. Sometimes the jobs are traceable, giving you a better background for the context and true intentions of the party proposing a contract. In this case, though, no matter how hard you try, the origin of the message simply loops through a repeating series of intergalactic points with no perceivable end.

The shadowy figure’s voice is velvety, to the point where you wonder if the speaker simulated the voice. Without being able to see their face, there’s no way to tell. The message that plays is as follows:

>> * --xING! COMM\ \\
<\Greetings, Shadowrunners. An opportunity has arisen that should peak your interest.
<\A protest is underway on Cato Neimoidia. With the planet undergoing a state of turmoil, the massive vaults of several Neimoidian broods are… vulnerable.
<\Take advantage of the chaos, break in, and take whatever you can grab.
<\My associates will be monitoring your progress and, should you make away with considerable resources, will excise my finder’s fee from your stolen commodities.

After the message plays, a file downloads to your device. The file contains a list of locations on Cato Neimoidia. There’s no direct description, but a simple search would tell you that the coordinates point to vaults; targets that this mysterious contact regards as being “vulnerable.”

What you do with this information is now in your hands...

• Break into a vault on Cato Neimoidia and steal stuff. Particularly of value is data, technology, or anything that stands out as unusual. Boatloads of credits and valuable commodities are also plenty valuable.
  • Watch your back for the representatives of the mystery person who notified you of the opportunity and pay them off as need be.

ATTN: Silver Jedi Order

The Silver Assembly has been conferring for some time. A circulating rumor is that a message directed to the Council was received earlier regarding one of their member worlds. A mere rumor is generally not enough to warrant the involvement of the Jedi, but tensions on this world are running unusually high due to recent political changes. While the source seems dubious, if these rumors pan out to be true it would be better to establish a presence on the world in advance. With the galaxy in a constant state of turmoil, there always seem to be some exploited people needing help from those who would seek to take advantage or do harm.

Eventually the Masters cease their conference to inform the general order of the news.

“We’ve received word from an anonymous source that there is unrest on Cato Neimoidia. While the Assembly is aware of protests taking place on the world due to trade disputes, there has, as of yet, been no sign of escalation. Still, the message is troubling and should our Neimoidian friends require aid, better to be there before something happens rather than arriving too late. The message points to the unrest being precipitated by a crime network based off of Denon. They call themselves Darkwire. While the Corporate Authorities of Denon claim to have the criminal entity under control, the network’s reach has apparently managed to reach occasionally as far as Coruscant. Be wary. We have the distinct feeling that everything is not as it seems.”

• Attend the protest party hosted by Bipp Lim, and listen to their grievances.
  • Investigate the source of the received warning regarding unrest being caused by Darkwire. Confirm its legitimacy.

Fillion Orville

F
When he was 'convinced' to join the Jedi, he didn't think he would have to attend a 'protest party'. Apparently, he just had to prove himself as a member. He didn't even like going to these protests, half the time people would scream incoherent things in your face, and usually it ended up with something being burnt down. Then again, there was that one 'workers strike' on Corellia that resulted in a massive drinking contest, but clearly this wasn't the way things were to unfold. Then there was also that queen on Onderon, but frankly that didn't go anywhere for his liking. Sadly, this meant he needed to wear a stuffy suit and tie. If only Zemmy was here, she'd at least make for a nice looking date to bring with him, but no, here he was a lowly padawan all alone. "Papers sir?" A door attendant asked, snapping the padawan out of his daze. "What? Oh, yea, here." He fished out his 'legally' acquired invention and let the man scan it over, and given everything was sorted out. "Everything checks out sir, you can proceed."

With a smug grin, Fill moved on inside, tucking his hands into his trench coat and entered what...he could only assume was the stuffiest assortment of people this side of Cato Neimodia. Some suit and tie wearing Ewok servant shuffled up to him and muttered something he couldn't quite understand, but the refreshments the little guy held seemed to indicate his intentions. "Oh, um, sure. Thank you." He responded, taking one of the small glasses off the tray, as the little Ewok shuffled off to meet the next guest. Sipping at the drink, Fill tried to take a gander on how exactly he was going to resolve this mission.

Politics were never much my thing. Arguments, fighting, never-solving-anything sure sounded fun. But, being a Jedi meant keeping the peace. Wherever that may be. After paying for a landing pad, locking up the ship, and making sure it honked twice for safe measures, I heading toward the protest. This was a "formal" protest, whatever that meant. Well, it did mean dressing up in nice attire, which also wasn't my thing. Come to think of it, a lot of things were my things. Huh.

Arriving at the base of the building, I saw the attendant waiting there. Trying to act casual, I walked up to the door.

"Papers sir?"

Pulling the half folded, half wadded piece of paper out of my pocket, I rotated my mechanical hand to show her it. She grabbed it out of my hands. Her eyes moved from the paper, to me, then back to the paper.

"Everything seems to check out. You may enter."

"Why thank you."

Grabbing the paper back from her, it went straight back into my pocket. Walking in, I began to scan there area. Looked like a lot of people here. As my eyes steeped the room, I began to feel a presence. Someone was a Jedi here. Turning to the right, across the room was a man (Fillion Orville). I gave him a half nod, and he gave one back. No need to draw too much attention to ourselves. Being a teenager didn't help either.

Some thing brushed up against my leg. Looking down, I saw an Ewok with a tray of drinks. Not understanding what he said, I politely grabbed one. He scurried off, tending to the next guest. Taking a sip of the drink, it was very tart and unpleasant. Trying not to swallow it, I turned away. Covering my face, I spit it back into the glass. Another Ewok scurried on by as I nonchalantly place the drink back on the tray. It was going to be a long night.

Last edited:

159059829246330609.png

OBJECTIVE: Investigate the source of received warning and attend protest party
WEARING: Trenchcoat with Lightsaber hidden inside trench-coat pocket
Allies: Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Fillion Orville

Lon had not been on Cato Neimoidia in a long time, a change in scenery would do the man some good. Lon had been experiencing a lull in-between assignments as of late and he was starting to get antsy having to just wait around the temple for his next chance to be off world. it was strange for him to be stuck on the temple for long periods of time.

The opportunity presented itself shortly after the Jedi Assembly had concluded . It wasn’t too hard to believe that a protest would be happening on the planets surface, despite being a colony planet it had a colorful history alongside it’s parent planet Neimoidia. From what Lon could glean from the extensive archives from the Order’s library it was used as a stronghold during the Clone Wars and the legacy still held today under the new iteration of the Confederacy of Independent systems. Being a purse-world meant that it was a wealthy colony planet but Lon knew better than that.

Wealthy planets often hid a seedy underbelly which was often masked by its opulence. The Neimodians had a penchant for greed and slavery that could only be matched by that of the Hutt’s. During his time as a Padawan Lon had his fair share of run ins with more Neimoidian slave traders more times than he could count, but if there was anything that he could learn from it was the benefit of having friends in less than stellar places.

Being a Jedi had its perks but it also inhibited having access to the info they needed so he needed to delve a little deeper which meant having spend a little coin to get the info that he needed. According to his informant the protest party was a front. While most Neimoidians were untrustworthy Lon’s informant always panned out right. There wasn’t a reason to doubt them.

Poltics wasn’t something that Lon was involved in on a regular basis but given his job as a Jedi it was inevitable occurrence. As Lon approached the foot of the building an attendant stopped him as he got to the door.

“Papers please sir.”

Lon nodded as he handed the man his "legally” obtained paperwork. He couldn’t get himself an invite but his informant managed to forge a copy, good enough that the security wouldn’t suspect it as a fake to the untrained eye. The attendant gave the paper a quick once over before handing it back to Lon.

“Seems legit, proceed.”

Taking the paper back from the attendant Lon slipping the paper into his side jacket pocket and walked into the building scanning the room as he went. Judging by the number of people in attendance it was a relatively large event, how they managed to keep the event secret was beyond Lon’s understanding. The only reason why the Jedi were involved was because they had received word of the crime syndicates activities.

The protest party as it was in full swing as people were milling about the room making small talk amongst themselves with Ewok servants struggled to keep up with the much taller present company. Lon grabbed a drink as a Ewok waddled passed him as it made it’s way to another guest. Continuing to observe the room Lon took note of two gentlemen ( Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Fillion Orville) giving each of them a subtle nod acknowledging their presence.

Lon was aware that he wasn’t the only Jedi there that much he could gather from the the force signatures that the two men possessed, he knew that there was Jedi en route to Cato Neimoidia but for the time being they were the only ones there that much was made evident in the intel dossier he was given.

Lon proceeded to take a swig of his drink. It was going to be a long while until the keynote speaker would make an appearance, might as well enjoy the moment to blend in with the crowd a little more. Lon hadn’t exactly made himself inconspicuous with what he was wearing

Tarish Galland

T
OBJECTIVE: Attend protest party, keep an eye out for shenanigans
WEARING: Usual Clothes with lightsaber hidden under the tail of his jacket
ALLIES: Fillion Orville Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Lon Vondon Lon Vondon

Tarish arrived, having left his ship in a paid parking spot, walking around it once to check the area with his senses before making his way to the party. The greeter at the door stopping him with a request for papers that he promptly produced from beneath the coat. "Everything checks out, you may enter."

Tarish gave the person a small nod, placing the documents inside his coat pocket before his senses alerted him to three others that registered in the force to him. He gave them each respective nod with a small smile. Ewok's padded around with drinks, of which he ignored for the time being. While he did not want to suggest that their host had ulterior motives, he also did not want to be surprised by the strength of the offered beverages.

Wouldn't do to be stumbling drunk if trouble decided to show up.

His expression was bland, though it was not because of the party. He just knew neimoidian's and their tendency to look for opportunities. Which was why the sheer opulence of the party was staggering for him. With such a distinct change in their economy, the typical hoarding mentality was what he had figured they would resort to. But...here they were. Enjoying the finer things, with little ewok servers running around in fine outifits. The sudden splurge of funds was a little worrying.

Blinking at the staggering display, he wondered just which one of their fellow neimoidian's they were quietly betraying to fund this whole thing. He casually walked about, hands behind his back with one hand grasping the wrist of the other. Smiling pleasantly while refraining from being overly polite.

2fShHyP.jpg
Glasses tinked as they met in a circle, then retreated to their respective owners' faces. The bubbly liquid played on her nose as Sola tipped the liquid back. Quick enough to get a sip, long enough to make it look like she took more. There was an art to these events, and it hinged on acting loose while staying as sober as possible.

Chestnut eyes surveyed the room through the flute of her glass, keeping her movements slight. Her purpose here tonight was not one of a gawker, no those looky-loos were relegated to the periphery of the festivities where they belonged. Her interests here tonight aligned with that of her employer's. And if she played her part right, Marlene Starlight would never think it wasn't her plan in the first place.

Sola offered a small smile as she pulled her glass away. It was party appropriate, just overly-polite enough to seem welcoming without giving much away. Whether it implied a graciousness toward their host, a friendliness between her companions, or a satisfaction over Starlight Industries' party favors tonight, well, that was for anyone watching to figure out.

The package from Starlight Industries, arriving earlier in the day when the caterers were only setting up, offered refreshments and imported wine that would please the palates of more than just the Neimoidian guests. Not necessarily Sola's idea, though she'd happily take the credit for it if asked. Attending an event on a Neimoidian purse world would have been an adventure in revulsion otherwise. Mashed or fried insects, or the sludgy drink they called liquor, would send any sane sentient hurtling toward the nearest refresher as punishment for trying.

A clump of newcomers filtered in, dressed to the sevens or so. A few really did stand out quite outlandishly against the elegant robes of the Neimoidian business moguls and statesbeings. As if the crowd noticed, their conversation seemed to dip for a moment. Collectively drawing a reflexive breath? It resumed just as quickly, the only real change coming from the dash of Ewok servers rushing to ensure their new guests had the proper refreshments. Not the refreshments from SI's stock, Sola noticed, as one of the servers roughly brushed by her.

The Corporate representative began to take her leave of the her immediate group, inclining her head in response when Thirs Gratat dipped his ploov in Sola's direction. Smoothing the edges of her dress, silver tonight in honor of the worlds' association with Jedi of the same color, she began her way over to some of the newcomers. There was little question that these were some of the oddly-colored Jedi, come to take stock of the proceedings, no doubt. The way some of them moved, trying not to upset the hiding place of the long, ungainly stick that their kind used for weapons, was hard for her to miss. In the past, her boss had docked her pay if she did, so the instinct was well-honed.

"You won't want to drink that, unless you have a taste for beetle liqueur," Sola warned the group of newcomers. She put a hand on one of the Ewok's heads, clicking her tongue in an abrupt sound. The furry server stopped, looking up at her with an inquizitive chirp. "Now, now, these are friends of Marlene Starlight today. Please serve them from what she provided for tonight's festivities."

She offered the group a knowing smile, "You've all come to protest against the indignity of the new trade lane tonight, then?" Her tone wasn't quiet sarcastic, it might be difficult to tell she wasn't serious for those not well versed in diplomatic foreplay. "Sola Ember, Starlight Industries, I'm here representing Ms Starlight's interests tonight."

Sola waited for any of the newcomers to take her up on the obvious invitation to introduce themselves.

Rick Kaloo

R
CATO NEIMOIDIA
OBJECTIVE: ATTEND PARTY, PROTECT INTERESTS
IN VICINITY: Darkwire Prophet Darkwire Prophet | Fillion Orville | Lon Vondon Lon Vondon | Tarish Galland

Rick arrived on the planet quietly on a small shuttle, exiting the vessel alone.

Minutes later, he had arrived at the corporate party. He found it rather odd that there would be celebration in such a time of recession, with many banks already making contingency plans. For Rick, it seemed to resemble a feeling of denial and ignorance that would ultimately backfire. Yet for the moment, the admiral and CEO turned his attention away from criticizing the party. At the moment, he had two main concerns.

One - Outer Rim Military Engineering had offices on Cato Neimoidia, and held a considerable quantity of credits in their banks. If the new hyperspace lane was to send the planet's economy into chaos, then Rick's company would suffer as well. ORME had put a considerable investment into product placement in Cato Niemoidia, and economic recession would deprive the company of millions of customers. Consequently, it was imperative that Rick was to find the Neimoidian or Neimoidians behind the party and construct some sort of contingency plan.

Two - An even more pressing concern, and the primary reason as to why Rick had been sent here. It had been rumored that a criminal organization had established itself on the planet, and that it would take advantage of the turmoil amidst the economic misfortune that might soon approach. As Rick walked carefully through the gilded hallways, he kept an eye out for anyone who he might recognize as a sleazier member of the business class.

She offered the group a knowing smile, "You've all come to protest against the indignity of the new trade lane tonight, then?" Her tone wasn't quiet sarcastic, it might be difficult to tell she wasn't serious for those not well versed in diplomatic foreplay. "Sola Ember, Starlight Industries, I'm here representing Ms Starlight's interests tonight."

A nearby conversation diverted Rick's focus. It seemed as if a small group of people had gathered near a human woman who was a company representative. Rick rapidly came to the conclusion that having a conversation with such a figure could help determine what steps other corporations were making amidst the evolving economic situation on Cato Neimoidia. By performing such an analysis, Rick could ensure that ORME's Cato Neimodia branch remained afloat. So he approached the group carefully, speaking up before anyone else could get a word in.

"I apologize for interrupting your group, but I overheard your discussion of the trade lane and couldn't help but contribute my own input. I'm Rick Kaloo, Admiral in the Silver Jedi Navy and CEO of Outer Rim Military Engineering. It's a pleasure to meet you all."

"With this recent shift of trade, I'd like to know - what steps is Starlight taking to secure its assets amidst the economic turmoil, Representative Ember?"

Objective: Gimme the ca$h
Outfit: Black tank, black pants, boots, and an Antarian Ranger's Field Jacket [name tag reads: I. Rozveeil]

Ruby let out a low whistle.

Staring up at the Great Vaults of Cato Neimoidia, she could only imagine the riches that were locked up tight. Credits. Loads of credits, probably. Jewelry, oh yeah—boatloads of it. But, the most valuable of all was not really considered riches: data. All those precious little secrets people kept swept out of view of prying eyes.

Well, today she hoped to be those prying eyes.

More than that, actually. Ruby wanted to crack open one of those vaults and haul out some sweet loot. The message that she, and other Darkwire agents, had received was more than tempting. It was a siren song of promise. The job was pretty straightforward, but that didn't mean it would be easy.

Nope. Things were almost never easy, at least for Ruby. While those Great Vaults housed the best of the best, Ruby herself was not the best of the best when it came to robbing vaults. She wasn't the brightest, but she wasn't karkin' stupid. She’d set her sights much lower, just like her expectations. Strolling along the bridge city, she slipped into the shadow of a large building to consult her datapad.

According to the holo-net, she was close to a lesser set of vaults—used by rich off-worlders. From her shady spot, she looked out across the sea of protesters. Ruby had little idea what all the fuss was about, but she raised a fist in solidarity for a brief moment. Yeah. Stick it to them—whoever they were.

(Tag: Idris Rozveeil Idris Rozveeil )

Last edited:
Nyx crouched atop a nearby building with a free view of one of the vaults described as "vulnerable." The Shroud hid her true appearance in favor of a figured cloaked in black with a black helmet, which removed any concerns about identification. Her chassis was too distinct for public work, especially when it involved an unidentified party that admitted to watching the movements of those they solicited. It all appeared too convenient, and apparent that this 'benefactor' desired something in particular from whatever was acquired.

An overlay of the surrounding region was laid down over what she could see from her perch. She was in no rush to break into the vault; instead, the droid chose to survey and analyze the moments of those in the surrounding area. A pre-planned escape route would also be necessary. One that would take her to a place where she could meet the Orchestra tor of the night's affair. They would send someone to collect their share, after all. Naturally, Nyx planned an additional escape route from that location as well. It never hurt to be prepared.

Yet it was not only what lay within the vault that held Nyx's interest. She was equally interested in those that would come for it -- for those whom the message had been intended. Monitoring the communications networks of other entities was something Nyx did regularly. Even ones that did not welcome additional participants -- especially those. One could not consider themselves a spy if they relied only on information that was publicly available after all.

Perhaps, if the opportunity presented itself, Nyx might even establish an ongoing relationship with the hackers. Unless they attempted to hack her, of course, in which case they would enter into hostile negotiations. Expanding one's contacts outside of friendly or well-known circles only benefited an entity like herself.

Especially for the Special Projects that Nyx oversaw. Such off-the-books activities required substantial financing. Why not even the Confederacy knew of it -- they'd severed that tie when the Ministry of Secrets had been shut down in favor of restructuring it as a 'legitimate' and 'proper' intelligence agency -- one that abides by law and had oversight. Things that Nyx found to be little more than impediments to an efficient operations; so she'd taken all the Special or Black Operations and erased their existence the moment the Vicelord made it clear the Ministry was being dissolved. Now they had plausible deniability, and Nyx had sufficient resources to continue building upon and enhancing her own code. It was amazing how many interesting creatures and electronic intelligence you met as a spy.

Tag: Open

OBJECTIVE: Rob Neimodians Blind
APPEARANCE: Holo-Disguise Matrix of a Neimodian Banker
EQUIPMENT: Concealed

This wasn't a Bounty, and he wasn't planning on taking any Bounties tonight. The Silver Jedi already suffered enough having one their more prominent members stolen and delivered to the Sith Empire. Though he felt guilt over the event, he was satisfied with what he could do to subtlety assist in Elise's escape after her delivery. He hadn't heard anything since, but for now, his focus was elsewhere.

Like taking from the too-opulent while they protested their economic downfall. Cassus received the messenger as a full Shadowrunner of Darkwire, and not merely as a contracted out Bounty Hunter. The network was an impressively tight-knit group, with just as many money-making opportunities for its member as the Guild provided Bounties. It was often easier to make money with Darkwire than it was actively hunting dangerous people, as more often than not Darkwire targetted unsuspecting victims, whereas anyone with a Bounty on their head is going to be on High-alert more times than not.

Today, Cassus was riding in a public transport, disguised as a Banker that worked at his target location. He wasn't sure how many other Shadowrunners were en route or their strategies, but it was inevitable with a mission like this he was going to run into someone. Additionally, from his own experience, disguises only lasted so long before he was found out.

Finally, the public transport stopped and Cassus the Neimodian gave the droid driver the necessary fare to get here.

"Thank you." He said through a voice modulator.

"Scram." The droid replied before taking off. Cassus frowned and then began to make his way towards the bank...

Mischief? Where? Not me. ;)
Objective: Go to a party!
Chaperoned (...ugh...) by: Rhéala Aleyv
Wearing: Something wicked cute!
Tags (if you're at the party): Fillion Orville | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Lon Vondon Lon Vondon | Darkwire Prophet Darkwire Prophet | Rick Kaloo

This is a PSA for all teenagers ever:

Certain phrases have incredibly different meanings depending on what age range speaks said phrase. For instance: "We're going to a party." If someone young says: "We're going to a party," that means you are about to have a probably awesome time. Unless the party is lame, but it's probably not their fault. They just didn't know any better. On the other hand, if an adult says: "We're going to a party," you are most assuredly going to have a lame time and there is a high probability that you will have "obligations." The latter should be declined if at all possible.

If Zo'i were much of a writer, she would have put that down and sent it to a publisher or news agency or something. But she wasn't. So the thought just popped into her head as a thing for her to remember sometime later on down the road. Probably the next time Rhéala said: "We're going to a party."

And in terms of lame parties, oh boy, this one was super lame. A bunch of Neimoidians talking about businesses and taxes and trade routes. Like, seriously. Who cares? Obviously these people. But these people were so lame. They hardly paid attention to Zo'i. And when they did, their leery gazes were uncomfortable and gross. And Rhé was no help at all. She just seemed to goad these toads into more complaints. Then they'd ramble on and on after what had already seemed like an incredible length of time. Then they'd finally calm down, making a perfect moment to politely walk away from the conversation and maybe attempt to find some real food and then Rhé would make another stupid comment! On top of that, she was wearing this sultry, revealing dress and every Neimoidian in the place was sizing her up like a piece of meat. So what if the woman liked attention? She got way too much of the wrong kind.

Finally, Rhé broke away from another group and Zo'i dumped on the woman. "How did you convince me to come to such a stuffy place? This isn't a party. It's a bore. It feels like... ugh, like work."

Rhé fielded several smiles to various passersby before she deigned to provide Zo'i a response. "Did you forget? We are working."

"From the looks of it, all you're working is that dress," Zo'i countered. Like, seriously. What was she trying to accomplish looking like that?

As if reading her mind, Rhéala answered Zo'i's unspoken question. "Perhaps you hadn't noticed as you're too busy turning your nose up at everything, but every single person here wants to talk with me. Would I have had that success were I not wearing this dress? Maybe. But wearing it? I know that eyes are on me. And that if I approach a conversation, doors will open that may have otherwise been closed."

Ok. So that makes sense. "So, what... it's all a performance? You're putting on a show?"

"In a sense. Yes."

"And people are paying you in... what? Complaints?"

Rhé chuckled, like she did when Zo'i said something the older woman thought was naïve. "Information."

Last edited:
More and more guest entered the room. Conversations were echoing off the walls and throught out the room. I stuck to a wall, observing. Feeling the presence of the people around me, I notice a few more Jedi had arrived. Opening my vest slightly, I looked at my lightsaber. Who knew if a fight was about to break out.

Deciding I should try and gather more info, I walked around the room. All of the conversations sounded the same. Trade route this, spacelane that. But one conversation perked my interest.

"The vault is very hidden. Lots of security around it. We will have to be fast."

Something must have spooked them. They quickly stopped talking and walked separate directions. This was going to be a wild night.

Last edited:
Objective: Grab the Data
Darkwire people: Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx | Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin
Wearing: black pants, brown leather jacket, nothing too fancy

"Well Shiney, here we are."

Cato Neimoidia was not a world Gray frequented. In fact, this was only his second time there. The Neimoindians themselves were alright, only a bit too money focused for Gray's taste. The reason he didn't like the planet, and thus hadn't been there more, was with the planet itself. It was unnatural in the way it was built, and pretty confusing to fly around on. But sometimes, one has to forget such dislikes, in favor of doing something important. Earning money.

Flying low near one of the bridge-built cities, some of the vaults were visible to Gray. Built into the sides of giant rock-pillars or the bridges themselves, it was clear that the Neimoidians were paranoid of being robbed. Which only made it so much more fun to actually rob them.

"I see a space-port over there, Shiney. You know the drill." The astromech known as "Shiney" made a whistle, and plugged itself to the ship to egin landing proceedure. Meanwhile, Gray got up from the pilot's seat, grabbed his datapad, and took one extra look at the map of the vaults.

"You stay here, and keep the comm on. There might be trouble, and you have to come pick me up. And inform me if anyone else from Darkwire arrives." The droid whistled what sounded like an annoyed "Fine".

Luckily, the streets close to this spaceport weren't too full. Apparantly, there was some sort of 'protest party' or something nearby, which could explain the lack of people.

Taking another look at the map, Gray decided to check out the closest vault first, even though it wasn't the most valuable of them. Anyway, he began making his way down the street towards it.

Objective: Traipsing through the jungle to raid Thirs Gratat's vault
Equipment: Phase I Powderpunk Armor, Phase I Powderpunk Facemask, Others Concealed
Allies nearby: Rika Rika , Open to any other Darkwire

slQCnMc.png

Thick underbrush obscured her view, but she knew what was ahead. It had been included in the data packet sent over the CryptNet. It was painted in ghostly outlines on her armor's heads-up display, along with a ticking countdown measuring the distance to the overlook point. Each step brought here closer to the goal; each step on the uneven ground of the jungle floor, each step that sunk her foot into...something. What was on the ground this time?

The something crawled over the top of her combat boots, disturbing one of its twelve-legged friends that had latched a ride on the side.

Daiya jumped back, shaking her foot in the air in a series of violent motions, trying desperately to dislodge the creepy-crawly bugs from her boots. The dance was accompanied by a rhythmic chant that sounded distinctly unlike any of the native wildlife surrounding them, "Eww, eww, eww, eww! Get off, get off, Get. OFF!"

She bumped into a soft branch behind her, using it as a brace to finally fling the creature off her boot. Her breathing calmed as she put her foot back down, standing more firmly now, only to find that the branch had been her Wookiee companion. Daiya shrank sheepishly under his silent gaze, waiting for the reprimand from her self-appointed guardian. But Tawrro only barked a Wookiee chuckle and stepped around her, moving forward to catch up to the rest of the group.

It was beyond her to understand how exactly this group had come together, beyond the fact that all of them had received the same cryptic communique over the CryptNet, complete with scans and details of a vault hidden in the depths of Cato Neimoidia, far below the permanent fog that drifted above the canopies of the forest world. The Neimoidians must have thought they were clever, hiding their treasures in a place so remote and obscure, but all it really meant was that nothing was around to challenge their approach.

Nothing but the bugs, the muck, the sticking humidity, the snake-like vines, the vine-like snakes, the eerie calls —mating or hunting, who could know?— of unseen wildlife, and a dozen other things wrong with their jungle surroundings.

The city girl frowned beneath her facemask, crossing arms over her chest. She may have grown up in a durasteel jungle, but that didn't mean Daiya was comfortable in a real jungle! She missed the streets, the buildings, the people! At least in the city, the creatures stuck to the shadows, the vines were painted on, and the eerie calls were from gangs or CorpSec trying to ruin the day; easy. This? Not so easy.

Daiya had to hustle to catch up to the group, who were standing back from the edge of the treeline. The jungle barely thinned, it simply stopped abruptly, giving way to a bushy overlook of the vault entrance. A few of the group members had crept forward and the girl joined them, eager to see their destination with her own eyes. She kept low, crawling on her belly for the last meter toward the edge until she could look out, grateful that the muck here was largely dry past the trees.

Below them sprawled a clearing cut from the jungle, at the foot of a rocky outcropping mirroring the one she laid on. An unassuming hole was carved into its face, nestling the vault entrance into the stone itself. The glade around it was big enough to land a shuttle or two, and guarded by the trusted forces of Neimoidians anywhere: B1 Battle Droids.

The girl lowered her voice to a whisper, offering it to her companions, "Well, this doesn't seem so bad. There's only a ton of them."

Objective: Traipsing through the jungle to raid Thirs Gratat's vault
Wearing: Phase I Haywire Armor
Loadout: G47 Blaster, K914 SMG, glitter grenades
Tags: Daiya Daiya , Rika Rika , open!

97T59CL.png

This wasn't much more different than a salvage run, was it?

The thought had crossed Brie's mind when she got the message from Darkwire on her datapad. Not long after that, she had been convinced by Daiya to come along to Cato Neimoidia. The younger girl would not give up on it convincing her, either! It was not hard to guess that the trip would come with some trouble. Taking into consideration that they had a blast the last time they met eachother - which also happened to be the first time - Brie was not impossible to convince, though.

She had actually never been to Cato Neimioda. The neimoidians and their trading guilds happened to leave some precious things behind though, when she occasionally stumbled upon wreckages and containers from their planet. Often quality items that made you think wether they did bath in credits.

Before she had left Eve, the capitol of the 'Agents, people had insisted on her to wear some kind of armour. That had lead to her being outfitted with the Phase I Haywire Armor, a black armourweave bodysuit that had felt oh so awkward trying on the first time! It was even more claustrophobic than her own spacesuit, with the helmet on! After an hour or so training in it, it had felt alot better but she had still been curious what Daiya would have had to say about it. The armourer at Eve had also equiped her with a G47 Blaster, a few glitter grenades just for the sake of it not knowing when you needed a diversion, and a K914 SMG. She had felt quite overloaded when leaving the place!

Brie crawled up by her friend and looked out over the clearing, pulling one of the strands of hair that was not in the low and short ponytail, away from her face.

''They never mentioned this in the message...'' she said shortly, being less ironic than Daiya was.

Last edited:
Objective: Not freaking out about nature and scoffing at everyone on the way to Thirs Gratat's vault
Equipment: (2x) Durasteel knives, condescending looks
Allies nearby: Daiya Daiya | Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx | open to other Darkwire ne'er-do-wells

How did I get here?

That thought was mostly reserved for moments of lucidity in Jorj's drunken hazes. Or the morning after hangover that was bound to be solved by more alcohol. Rarely did such a question apply to a situation where he was completely sober.

And yet, there he was, standing in a foreign jungle, with a bunch of non-Leporine, attempting to break into a vault. How did I get here? Less than a month ago he had been stumbling around his hometown on Parcellus Minor, drunk as a skunk and perfectly content with his state of being. Someone came through his drinking-hole-of-choice with a new drug developed by some people they called Corpus or something? Never one to turn down a new mind-bending experience, Jorj had taken the thing. The "drug" turned out to be less of a "drug" and more of a "machine" and sucked Jorj into this weird shared machine reality where he met a bunch of people and had some really odd dream-like hallucinations. Once they all escaped the shared reality, Jorj saw his chance to jump ship and get off of Parcellus and away from the Leporine colony and...

Well that went less well than he had hoped. He had no credits which was apparently a big deal. He didn't even really know what credits were which was apparently hilarious. The only people he knew were these strange folk who called themselves Darkwire but none of them could really sufficiently answer what that was. And while they thought his artistic abilities were nifty, they assured him that his creations would not net him income on the level that would enable him to sustain himself.

But, lo and bloody behold, in comes a "job." A vague and ridiculous prompt that seemed to get the Darkwire people jazzed did not seem any more lucrative than spinning up a nice dinner set of clay plates and bowls. Apparently, Jorj didn't know what he was talking about.

So maybe he had no clue about Denon. He did know plenty about jungles and nature. And that was where the Darkwire people had dragged him. But where he was completely comfortable surrounding by vegetation and wild animals, the Darkwire folks seemed out of their element. Too used to their metal gadgets and duraplast doodads. One of their party was a Wookiee whom seemed to be doing alright. A few of the party seemed to stop and get down and crawl toward something, whatever it was they were out here doing perhaps and the Leporine man approached the tall mop of fur.

"Why are humans so... not good at things. Oh, wait. Your people can't speak Basic, huh? I don't suppose you have a translator... thing? I'm not going to understand a word you say... The only potentially decent person to talk to and... Naturally."

Daiya Daiya Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx Rika Rika

Xandyr stayed just behind the treeline. He swept his gaze over the droids before shouldering his disruptor rifle. Peering through the scope revealing nothing more about the situation.

Each shot from his heavy rifle could pierce the impressive armour of any fearsome battle droids, but whoever owned this vault had gone for quantity rather than quality. Each shot took a full round and the rifle only held six.

Xandyr had been a special forces operative for the Alliance in a past life. The jungle conditions were no worse than a hundred hell holes he had visited. However, he hadn't bought the right tools for the job. An E-web would have been useful. Not something you typically brought to raid a hidden vault.

"B1s aren't the brightest," Xandyr said, "if we spread along the tree line and engage they'll get confused. Unless anyone thinks we can sneak past."

2fShHyP.jpg
These Jedi were quite the stoic lot, Sola mused to herself. She took another calculated sip of her drink, but none of them followed her. For the folks who ultimately shepherded Cato Neimoidia, and other worlds like it, they didn't seem to know much about the local customs. She wondered if any of them had ever stepped foot on the planet before.

Trivial thoughts. They were present, and like any out-of-touch executive, Sola was going to make sure they felt appropriately included. After all, Starlight Industries didn't have any contracts with the Silver Jedi yet. She would never hear the end of it if she passed up the opportunity.

"Welcome, Admiral Kaloo, it's a pleasure to meet an esteemed military man such as yourself," Sola offered, inclining her head at the Mon Calamari Jedi. A Jedi and a businessman, what a novel combination. It was as if opportunity was a flower just waiting to be plucked. "Starlight Industries has been expanding its research and development capabilities for a few months now, our recent facility on Devaron has a new research wing is just full of burgeoning minds generating some brilliant plans."

The woman gave a light laugh, setting the tone of the conversation as casual. This wasn't exactly the place to talk pure business, no party was. Yet Sola would gladly whet his gills if he needed a sample.

"Well, Admiral, I'll tell you a secret." She leaned close, as if trying to keep others from overhearing. It wasn't a very good attempt on purpose. "I really wasn't looking forward to that first earnings call after the border changes, I was sure that our decreased sales would earn a black mark from our investors. But they were dazzled by some of the innovations those boys in the backroom have come up with."

Sola gave him a wink as she stepped back to the group, saying more plainly this time, "You should come to our demonstration next month. We're breaking ground for a new facility on Parcellus Minor, and what's a better time to show off some new weapons tech?"

OBJECTIVE: Rob Neimodians Blind
APPEARANCE: Holo-Disguise Matrix of a Neimodian Banker
EQUIPMENT: Concealed
TAGS: Gray Venasir Gray Venasir , Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx , Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3

Cassus walked further towards the bank his disguise worked for, only a short distance away... but bothersome blockaded by a swarm of protestors. Darkwire agents were likely among the crowd, keeping the distraction going to give them an opportunity. Cassus approached the "Police Line" of battle droids encircling the protest.

"Excuse me," His voice modulator altering his voice to emulate the typical Neimodian accent, "I am trying to get to work, I require an escort through this rabble."

"Uuuh, I'm not sure if-" The B1s looked at each other.

"I may be just a lowly banker, but with the right words I can still have you decommissioned unit B347-" Cassus began reading off the serial number of the droid (using the advanced imaginging in his helmet concealed by the disguised), who suddenly seemd a tad nervous with him using its serial number as a threat.

"Uh that won't be necessary. Let me inform my commander. Right this way, sir." After a short and discounters conversation, Cassus was being lead to the bank by a dozen droids encircling him through the crowd. All eyes were likely on him, which is exactly where he wanted them to be. He raised a communicator to his mouth.

"Fellow Employees, I am approaching the main entrance, suffer no further delay from me, I will be there shortly to preform my duties." Cassus sent his coded message through a local Cryptnet network that wouod reach Shadowrunners in the vicinity. He was giving them a sitrep of his progress while also telling them to proceed to their next phase of infiltration.

Allies: Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin , Gray Venasir Gray Venasir , Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3

The first stop on Ruby's map wasn't the vault she intended to hit. But it played a very important role in her scheme. Still glancing down at her screen, she watched as a message came through the Cryptonet. Another member of the Shadowrunners checking in. Things were moving along.

Ruby knew she better get moving, too.

She set off at a brisk pace, popped the collar of her leather jacket and stuffed her hands into her pockets. The little vault she'd marked off in her map of the area wasn't terribly high value... from what she could glean about the owner. However, if she stashed some discreet explosives and waited to detonate them when she was at her real target vault... well, that'd just be sunny, wouldn't it? If she could pull this off.

She wasn't the type with delusions of grandeur. Ruby knew what she was capable of, and it wasn't all that much. But she was scrappy and hard-headed, it was an excellent combination when it came to the life she lived. Inside her pocket, she palmed a small thermal detonator—keen to cause trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom