Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Stolen Futures [Darkwire/SJO]

Objective: Investigate rumors with Ariela Captisan and Sariya Fenn
Near: Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , Tarish Galland, Kadora'Tra, Zo'i Prihm, Sor-Jan Xantha
Wearing: Cabarello Armored Clothes (business suit) with Myntor Personal Shield and concealed Furor Sonic Pistol

Surely not insider trading. He offered a knowing smirk at Sor-Jan Xantha. Given the stereotype of neimoidians was one of duplicity, the blonde man was willing to bet that Sor-Jan was probably not incorrect. He would guess that at least a few of the party attendees had benefited from that, or from making wiser offworld investments. Either way, those presumptions weren't exactly new information to the man. A servant droid carrying a platter of fried Thakitillo passed by him and the blonde man quickly snapped a pair of pieces for himself and Sariya. The echani grasped her appetizer and looked at curiously before Gir motioned for her to try it. The admiral took a quick bit of his own before turning towards Sor-Jan Xantha once more.

"Have you ever heard of a group named the Darkwire? I hear it's an outfit that's passing through here that's caught up in smuggling weapons to some Sith cultists."

The man didn't expect Sor-Jan to have heard about it - but the galaxy was full of surprises. Perhaps the apparent youngling had come across the group in his travels or had heard some minor fact. The man had really heard a rumor that the group was involved in smuggling weapons, though who the ultimate destination was Gir didn't really know. However, his own people were involved in smuggling arms to resistance cells fighting totalitarian regimes, and the man had never heard of them. He doubted thus that it was for any good purpose, so why not pin it to the Sith? There always seemed to be dozens of Sith cults in the galaxy that were never up to anything really good in the grand scheme of things.

Objective: Provoking confusion among the ranks of silly metal things on the way to Thirs Gratat's vault
Equipment: (2x) Durasteel knives, wit (but not much)
Allies nearby: Daiya Daiya | Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx | Xandyr Xandyr

"Heyy. What do you mean my polish isn't as good as yours. We went to the same place!"

"I'm just saying. I'm the Commander. I get a better polish."

"For what it's worth I think you both look great."

"Thank you. But it's the principle of the matter. We're all the same baseline model. We should all get the same polish."

"How can we get the same polish when we have different colorations? My casing has a green stripe. Yours doesn't. They probably need to use different chemicals."

Jorj wasn't exactly sure what he had started. But he was very sure that the conversation between the droid commander, its subordinate, and the ensuing conversations between all of the other droids amongst themselves, was very annoying. He hadn't even tried particularly hard. They all seemed primed to argue with each other. If this was how they were made, Jorj wasn't entirely sure how the manufacturers made any money. Then again, he had no idea how difficult droid manufacturing was. He only ever made clay things and the occasional carving. The Leporine man had met many other droids though, and none seemed as eccentric as these.

He was tempted to sneak away from the ongoing discussions about metal polish and casing care when, out of the corner of his eye, he saw the Darkwire people starting to run into the clearing. All the more reason for him to not be in the line of fire as Jorj quietly started backing away from the group of suddenly targets.

"Once your matrix has been switched on for more than a cycle, then you'll get your own assignment. That comes with a color designation and then-- Heyyy. Where are you-?"
The first blaster bolts interrupted anything else that the commander had to say. The lot of droids reacted to the sound of intruding fire and pulled around, but were caught largely unaware. Or so Jorj hoped. Without a blaster of his own to do any real damage from a distance, he snuck around to behind a tree for cover and waited out the ensuing hail of deadly laser beams.

OBJECTIVE: Rob Neimodians Blind
APPEARANCE: Holo-Disguise Matrix of a Neimodian Banker
EQUIPMENT: Concealed (Neural Shuffler)
TAGS: Gray Venasir, Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx , Nyx N1X3

"I will take you there."

Cassus nearly signed with relief, as it became clear that the shuffler had done its job without a hiccup. Evidently, there were no energy fields between them. The boy saw the alien very clumsily move away from its desk, and almost as if they were sleep-walking (which was possibly what actually was happening, the Neural Shuffler found rather bizarre mechanisms to accomplish its feat sometimes) they stumbled out of their office and out into the lobby.

"Follow." The clerk beckoned with a hand, and Cassus fell in behind him. Cassus opened up the communication system like he had earlier with a tap on his disguised wrist.

"You are most helpful, I'm sure the Vault security is in good hands." He coded his words, saying a phrase that would indicate that the resistance he encountered was light, and that the prize was as good as theirs. Finally the pair came upon a vault door, which was guarded by security battle droids.

"Uhh, excuse me, why are you down here?" One of the droids said before looking at the other one.

"This is a random no-notice inspection of the Vault contents, to make certain you are doing your jobs." Cassus made sure to have his holograms eyes squint at them judgingly.

"We were not informed-"

"Yes, that is what no-notice means. You are relieved of duty, my associate and I will tend to the Vault's inventory. Why don't you guard the lobby? It is currently unattended." Cassus said with a hint of accusation, and also sent a transmission, coded to mean that there were no longer guards watching this vault.

Though looking confused as most battle droids of this variety do, the pair of droids started to jog up towards the lobby in short order while the sleep walking Neimodian began to punch in the Vault combination. Hopefully, in their lucid unconsciousness, they would punch it incorrectly...

Objective: Sticking together with Daiya, raiding the vault, and saving a pair of bunny ears in the process.
Wearing: Phase I Haywire Armor
Loadout: G47 Blaster, K914 SMG, glitter grenades
Tags: Daiya Daiya , Rika Rika , Xandyr Xandyr , open!

97T59CL.png

As the two girls laid down overlooking the vault from the edge of the forest, Brie saw Daiyas gaze upon her and her setting from the corner of her eye. She felt a little abashed and if not for the dark and shadowy forest, one could have noticed a fain blush on her cheek.

''The guys at the Agents' insisted for me to wear more protection... I didn't have much of a choice, realy.'' she said quietly with a slight smirk of vacillation, not knowing if her friend thought she looked funny or good in the attire.

97T59CL.png

The bunny guy was not alone in his objections to start a fire in the middle of the woods. Brie agreed with him. Yet, she was pretty sure that it just had came out wrong and that Daiya didn't realy meant for it to. They didn't have time to discuss the matter further as the guy left them without a word and ventured down the clearing, closer to the droids and what was even more unexpected - started a conversation with them!

The conversation that ensued, with parts of it reaching them if they listened closely, got Brie to crack a smile and almost burst out in a giggle. It was an hilarious moment in an otherwise serious setting. She was already beginning to like this bunny guy!

Daiya then pulled her along down the clearing, with the other Darkwire folks following close behind them. Brie took cover behind a tree close to Daiya and readied the K914 for action. As the blaster fire started, she hoped for all in the world that the bunny guy had been quick to jump behind a cover of his own.

OBJECTIVE: Shenanigans 'handled', meet new folks
WEARING: Usual Clothes with lightsaber hidden under the tail of his jacket
ALLIES: Fillion Orville Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Lon Vondon Lon Vondon
FOCUS: Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Kadora'Tra Zo'i Prihm

Tarish gave the barest shake of his head as Kyra spoke of Silver Rest. Being entirely sure of just how much people actually knew about Silver Jedi business was not a priority. The contact between himself and Kyra did allow him the chance to use his own senses to gather just how far gone she was...which wasn't as much as he had thought initially.

"Couldn't tell you at the moment but, maybe don't mention it again? I think you do need some water though. Plain ol' water to offset how bad you are going to feel tomorrow." Tarish offered his other hand in case she needed it before looking at the two other people that had joined them.

"She will be alright so long as she doesn't fall. Needs a bit of food likely though. How many strawberries did you snack on before the bubbly drink?" He wondered silently if the fruit wasn't to help said bubbly drink go down. Or if it was just happenstance that the two items were apparently close together.

His attention turned to the cat however at the mention of being a professional. "A professional? What of if you don't mind the asking." Tarish went ahead with the question. For the moment it seemed Kyra was off the hook in the case of guilt. Or maybe the curious knight was simply biding his time. Whoknowsfamhejustmight.

"I am not drunk," Kyra asserted, indignation flooding the tone of the clearly inoculated girl. What was it Master Lex Del'Fino Lex Del'Fino taught her? Detox, right. She rolled into Tarish's arms, brows furrowed as she tried oh so very hard to... Chit. How did you do it again? She really should have paid attention in that class. She had been a bit too concerned about accidentally stopping her heart.

The world moved around her, people talking over her head about affairs the padawan frankly didn't care about. Her place on this mission was ... well, merely assigned. Kyra had shown the task to gather Intel the same dedication that she showed meditation class. Which was-- ooo, cupcakes.

She pulled away from the group, scattering after a gold tray with frosting shaped like vibrant flower.

Tarish Galland @those still around since my poof from my loa-- sorry!

stolen_futures_header_2.png

The protests were heavy, the party was raging, and Darkwire stalked the Vaults of Cato Neimodia with expert silence befitting of their professional backgrounds. As fate would have it though, this state of blind robbing would not stay so quite.

In the Jungle droids came into contact with strangers.

In the City a clerk activated a silent alarm before their mind was taken under-control of a disguised Bounty Hunter, and Droids were moved out of their posts by an unrecognized inspector

An alert would go across the Jedi communications, detailing the locations of the potential breaches. Considering that they were on high alert, it would not be long before the likes of Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei , Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , Fillion Orville, Lon Vondon Lon Vondon , Tarish Galland, and Rick Kaloo would now know definitively that something was going down in these locations that may necessitate a response...

Something was up, he knew it. He could sense it. Something was happening down at the vaults. That is when his robotic arm buzzed. Quickly turning away from the people he brought up the H.U.D. through his arm. It was a message to all the Jedi about possible breached areas. Looking up from his arm he saw Fillion Orville . The man must have received the notification as well becuase he looked on high alert. He made his way over to him, trying to look as casual as possible. Once he got over to him he started to figure out a plan.

"Hey, my guess is that you got the alert as well. Should we try and group up with the others and figure out what to do? Hopefully Kyra Perl Kyra Perl is sober enough to help us..."

He turned his head, doing a quick scope of the room. He watched as some of the guards left the room, probably heading to the vaults. Looking for the other Jedi he hoped they would come and join him and Fillion so they could discuss a plan. Things are probably going to get messy.

Lon Vondon Lon Vondon Tarish Galland Rick Kaloo

Tarish Galland

T
"I never said you were drunk. But admittance through denial is a thing, padawan. Be mindful of who you try using that against" He sighed, not entirely sure giving her practice in excuse making was a valuable lesson. There was a buzz to his comm, his attention fixed between three points of interest suddenly. A rolling sigh happened as Kyra rolled in his arms, then promptly ditched him for a plate of confectioneries.

Corporate Security. The words made him double take her, suddenly confused by what his cursory glance at her face and build told him. Awful young, but then again, there were strangers things in the universe than a young woman as a professional corporate security guard.

"Sounds like you have a solid career then, given, our surroundings." He noted as he looked around them with a smile before watching the padawan with a growing exasperation. "Kyra! Pardon me, I apologize but I really should make sure she doesn't...make a mess." Tarish excused himself and catching up with her, guiding Kyra towards aforementioned tray. She would be having a drop in blood sugar eventually. Might as well head off one potential problem.

"Just, grab two and let's take a walk. And get a cup of water. Or a bottle. Hey, look at this, a message." Tarish continued to guide her along stopping to grab a few of the sweets before attempting to move her towards what he felt was a strong gathering of force users in one area.

Lon Vondon Lon Vondon Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Rick Kaloo Fillion Orville Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Rika Rika Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx Daiya Daiya

This was the most disorganised entry to an engagement he had ever taken part in. He felt a swell of panic rise up as he sighted his disruptor rifle. He squeezed the trigger.

87a86d04c348df38d742f53ae488bf70bb8a7e7b.gifv

The droid was composed of durasteel, but the centre of its body was vaporised in a flash of sparks and smoke. Xandyr fired off five more rounds, hitting three droids. They were babbling away as they ran for cover and started shooting. He had to wonder if their circuits had been degraded by standing around for so long.

"Kark I hope they havent got any droidekas in this vault," he muttered to himself as he turned his rifle on its side.

He ejected the chamber and slotted six more rounds in. This was chaos and he wasn't quite sure whether he found it exhilarating or absolutely terrifying. Regardless, the contents of the vault needed to be worth it.

Objective: Sneaking up on Thirs Gratat's vault
Equipment: Phase I Powderpunk Armor, Phase I Powderpunk Facemask, 434 Blaster Pistol, Detcord, Others Concealed
Allies nearby: Rika Rika | Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx | Xandyr Xandyr | Open to any other Darkwire

slQCnMc.png

"When the shooting starts, we run for the vault."

Daiya was pretty sure she had said something like that to Brie, as the two girls had stuck close to cover. With such a broad field of engagement, it was almost inevitable that someone was going to start shooting before they had time to be properly sneaky. This wasn't her preferred terrain, the Darkwire teen operated far better in city streets and urban confines, there weren't even any proper alleyways out in the jungle! Still, she had enough offworld experience to make due, and figured Brie at least had enough sense to understand what Daiya meant.

The teen was beginning to wonder if her spacer friend knew what running was. With blaster and disruptor shots erupting throughout the clearing, punctuated by the comforting sound of Tawrro's automatic shotgun, Daiya was bewildered to find Brie's feet planted in place like one of the jungle trees they had used for cover. The girl blinked at her salvager friend in horror, only mildly abated when she saw Brie's gun out and ready.

That meant this wasn't completely hopeless.

"Come on, we're going to miss our chance!" Daiya urged, tugging at her friend's arm. The battle droids were beginning to mass towards the area Xandyr was hidden, shooting wildly at the overlook. A few of them would have been cause for laughter, but the girl could guess the point at which the numbers would overwhelm the marksman. Her hope was to be long through the mob of yellow-plated droids before they reached that point. She gave Brie one more pull. "Your armor's great, it'll take a few shots. You've got nothing to worry about, so let's. go!"

Daiya sprang forward, breaking free of the treeline and brush that had been her cover, pacing forward at a brisk gait. The droids were pretty focused on their enemy on the high ground, stepping up to replace their fallen comrades as they were blown away. The teen prayed silently that their new ally's aim was as good as he claimed, running directly behind the lines of droid troops was going to put her at risk for a misplaced shot.

And at plenty risk for being noticed.

By now, it seemed that the dark-attired youth dashing in their midst had been noticed by the droids. She caught snippets of their nasal-toned conversation, wondering among themselves if they should regard her as a threat. Daiya rolled her eyes at their utter stupidity. She had faced womp rats with more wisdom. The girl picked up her pace, only glancing around to see if Brie was still with her.

That might have been the only thing to save her skin. Daiya stopped abruptly as a blaster bolt exploded in front of her feet, coming from one of the droids not between her and Xandyr's killing field. A bit more focused speed on her part might have landed the shot in her leg instead of the ground. The teen whipped her head up, taking a step back as the shock and fear flooded over her face. This was exactly where she didn't want to be, caught in the middle of the droids with a target on her.

"Halt. Put your weapon down and surrender!"

Well, the droids definitely thought she was a target now. Chit. Daiya willed her face calm, calmer at least, and held up her 434 blaster. Giving it a toss into the air, she caught it by its barrel, showing it to the droid who had stopped her. Innocence painted on her face, the teen put on a sweet voice to ask, "What, this weapon? Oh, you can have it."

Tossing the blaster in a long arc to the droid, Daiya watched as the droid fumbled between holding its weapon and catching hers. She used the time to pull out her Deactivator hold-out blaster, and put a shot right in its chestplate. The battle droid convulsed as the energy blast disabled its systems, shutting down the droid completely until it could be rebooted. Quickly sprinting to the droid's fallen form, she downed two of its nearby companions, who were already moving to investigate the more immediate disturbance. The teen crouched down to grab her 434 blaster again, running off in the direction of the vault again.

Daiya managed a quick chuckle as the grass around her caught a few more blaster bolts, that were now aimed in her direction. "See?" she said to Brie, whom the girl hoped was keeping apace. "Nothing to worry about!"

Objective: Not getting blasted on the way to Thirs Gratat's vault
Equipment: (2x) Durasteel knives, a conveniently placed rock
Allies: Definitely the rock. But also Daiya Daiya | Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx | Xandyr Xandyr

--zzzZAT!

Alright, so maybe there were more droids than Jorj had bargained for. He had hoped that by distracting the lot of them, an opportunity would arise for the other Darkwire folks to take of most if not all of the bumbling machines. After all, his compatriots were far more suited to actually destroying a droid than Jorj was. Sure he knew how to use a knife. But he'd never slashed open a droid with one before. He wasn't entirely sure he even had the strength to do that. The Leporine man was good at pottery. Maybe blowing glass. Sometimes painting. How the hell did that apply to destroying droids?

-----zzzzzZAPOoooowww...

Jorj took a chance and peaked around the rock he had found for cover. The Darkwire people had managed to surprise the droids. But a handful of gunman with the advantage of an ambush versus a whole lot more droids, as poorly programmed as they were, was apparently still a pretty even affair. Sure, there were plenty of partially disintegrated droid bodies on the ground. But there was also a small number of organic bodies on the ground too.

This had been Jorj's decision. He had acted alone and put people's lives at risk. He was responsible for their deaths.

The thought was enough to make him hurl. He nearly did. But he turned back away from the fight and hid behind the rock once more. Occasionally a stray bolt blasted the boulder but then would either get fully absorbed or carom off, Jorj couldn't tell. He had to do something. He couldn't just hide there. But what? He was on the other side of the clearing from everyone else. And he wasn't prepared for this.

The only thing he had been good for thus far was...

His ears sprung up with a decision made to himself. He peaked around the rock once more. All the droids he had previously been engaged in conversation with were fully focused on the blaster-wielding intruders. The opportunity was perfect...

The Leporine man sprung up on fast legs and sprinted over to the opening of the vault. A squat, metal structure had been dug into the ground with stone steps leading down into a portico-like entrance. Just under a bit of awning was a door, left conveniently unguarded by the droid's attempt to repel intruders from elsewhere in the clearing. All of which made for a perfect path for Jorj to sprint right to the steps and down. If he could get the opening secure, he could at least make a decent path for other Darkwire operatives to follow.

The door was ajar. Droids, at some point, must have poured out into the clearing to reinforce the others. All the better for Jorj to sneak into the vault.

Objective: Sticking together with Daiya, raiding the vault, and saving a pair of bunny ears in the process.
Wearing: Phase I Haywire Armor
Loadout: G47 Blaster, K914 SMG, glitter grenades
Tags: Daiya Daiya , Rika Rika , Xandyr Xandyr , open!

97T59CL.png

She must have been caught in a temporary state of confusion, shock and hesistance due to the battle that was not in full progress at the other side of their covers. Most probably a bit of all of those.

Usually, she used her wits to sneak past beasts and thugs that she might encounter on her salvaging trips. That time on Terminus had been an exception, where her curiosity, courage and fair mind had showed themselves from their best sides in the face of innocents at danger. She didn't know why she had did it, only that something inside her told her to face that woman and somehow stop her. The same voice that had spoken to her several times before during those crazy hours.

Suddenly, Daiya's voice reached her ears but her absent mind, a static background noise inside her head cancelled out exactly what she yelled. She was awaken by her friend tugging her along out of the cover. With a quick shake to her head, Brie snapped out of the thoughts and followed Daiya close behind while they rushed forward with sights on the vault enterance.

Stray blaster bolts flew above and behind them, continuing into trees and bushes in the forest. Brie's gaze went from observing the battle, making sure the battle droids were kept busy as a shipyard on Corellia, and watching where Daiya went. Both of their armors not only gave them added protection, but also let them be as agile as possible. It was a great combination, and she begun to thank the guys at the 'Agents for it.

At some point, the distance between the two teens had increased slightly. Standing a stones throw away from each other, the voice of a battle droid got Brie's heart to sink. Even more so when she saw a battle droid moving in on Daiya and aiming its blaster carbine at directly on her.

''I said; halt! Drop your weapon and put your hands up, child!''

The first order must have gone her by in the noise of blaster fire and battle droids chattering and calling out commands during the battle. Brie jumped and turned towards the voice. She was met by her own battle droid with its skeleton-looking apparition and the black smoking barrel of its blaster carbine looking straight at her. She froze and gulped hard at the insight that this mission might have not go as well as they had hoped for.

''Y-yeah... Of course...'' she managed to confirm to the droid. In a disarmingly manner, she held the blaster carbine in its body and begun to slowly kneel down to put it on the ground. She suddenly came to think about bunny guys little speech with these clankers, and it gave her an idea.

''You're an OOM-series... aren't you?''

The answer if it would work or not would come in the next moment. Brie held her breath for it and that moment seemed to take an enternity. She spared the droid a glance from her now knelt down position with the carbine on the ground between them.

''What? What does that have to do with this?'' the droid answered with an irritated voice.

''I'm... I'm just curious... Because of those pretty yellow markings on your head and chest...'' she continued while carefully fiddling with something at her hip. ''That must mean you got a realy good processor... Probably a great motivator, too...''

That was when she drew the blaster pistol and put two quick shots in the droids chest, just in the middle of the large yellow dot where she had prepared and focused herself to hit. The droid fell to the ground with a thud and metallic scramble. A deep sigh left her before she scanned the immediate area for other droids. Another burden was lifted from her chest when she saw that Daiya was alive and unharmed. Noticing that Jorj had joined them and was already by the vaults enterance, Brie quickly grabbed the carbine again and hurried over to her Daiya.

''We might not be as lucky a second time!''

“Three, two, one...” Ruby whispered to herself, and pressed her thumb down on the detonator in her pocket. Across town, an explosion rocked one of the larger vaults. Of course, it hadn't made much more than a dent in the blast door – but that wasn't the point.

No doubt, security would be drawn in that direction.

And drawn away from her present location, a rather small vault. Ruby was taking a chance, hoping that good things really came in small packages. She reached into her little kit and retrieved a laser lock pick and went to work. As she let the tool do its thing, she mused that this was very much like the jobs she used to do. Breaking into buildings and stealing things. She'd almost forgotten just how fun it was.

Tucked away in her dark corridor, there wasn't so much as a peep in any direction.

Good, good! Maybe for once things would go off without a hitch for her, a rare occurrence. With her free hand pressed against the cold metal door, she listened with her ear to it as well. Click, click, click. Then, it popped. Eyes bright and wide, Ruby turned the handle and let the door swing in.

It was pretty dark, but the lights flickered on to reveal a bounty...

Of ugly designer suits.

Suits made for a Neimodian and a rather portly one at that.

“Ugh,” Ruby said as she brushed up against some shiny fabric. There were several pairs of shoes lined up neatly, and hat-things nestled together by the wall. With wild hands, she threw boxes open – crinkly tissue paper and more shoes. She knocked the hats and littered the floor with them, and kicked one right out of the vault.

“Chit,” she spat. “Chit, chit, chit.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom