Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Starting Anew | SJO DOM of H'ratth

So many people, very overwhelming.

She gave Kana a tight smile when the woman tried to comfort her, her fingers squeezing Damian's as they griped at his thumb like a vice.

"So.... You have yet to train in Force Healing, young one. Most Jedi are not skilled in everything. I for one can't fly most starships. Find what you can do though."

"Uuuuuuuuh, I can break people's minds. Apparently. Is that useful here?" She look up to Damian, her nod for approval crashing into a solemn shake of her head back and forth. Noooo. Of course that wasn't useful. Where did she learn that? She felt the questions and released his fingers, spared the line of questioning as they followed Kana in.

She glimpsed Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare along the way, perking and giving him a 'wave,wave!' They should talk soon! .... She would see about breaking away.

Maybe you should first start by the diagnosis, and also be mindful of Force-powered healing not dispensing with the precautions required of conventional medicine but you need to realize that healing will test your patience especially in the beginning. It's important that the energy input be proportionate to the ailment, and often determining what the ailment is will be key, Jessica thought, hoping that Kyra would receive the telepathic message.

Kyra gave a wild look around, her eyes bulging and panicked as she searched for the cause. She had never had someone speak to her in her mind before, not outside of a class. And not without her permission. For a moment she questioned her sanity, recent events giving her pleeeeeenty of reason to suspect something foul was a-play inside her mind. She looked up to the adults around her, jerky. "Did you-Did you hear that??" She demanded wildly.

Boy did Kyra seem like a basket case in this setting.

How was she ever gonna become a knight.

Last edited:

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Objective 2
Caedyn Arenais Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Acaadi Acaadi

Red turned as Lieutenant Rarr came up to them. "Sir." Red nodded. The green one explained their predicament. Red nodded. "And we all know why we're here. To either remove them from the area, or make sure they won't bother anyone ever again.." He said. They would know what he meant. Either find a way to get them to leave, or kill them. "You do not want to get into close quarters combat with those things, trust me. They have a very strong bite, enough to snap you into two." Red told them.

A voice come over the commlinks, stating that another person had arrived.
"Alright, we all ready to go?" Red asked.

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Objective 2
Caedyn Arenais Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Acaadi Acaadi

Red turned as Lieutenant Rarr came up to them. "Sir." Red nodded. The green one explained their predicament. Red nodded. "And we all know why we're here. To either remove them from the area, or make sure they won't bother anyone ever again.." He said. They would know what he meant. Either find a way to get them to leave, or kill them. "You do not want to get into close quarters combat with those things, trust me. They have a very strong bite, enough to snap you into two." Red told them.

A voice come over the commlinks, stating that another person had arrived.
"Alright, we all ready to go?" Red asked.

Objective: Protect the Crag
Allies: SJO
Enemies: Akk Dogs

Equipment:
Armor: Mirage Stealth Armor Prototype
Primary Weapon: Solan Rarr's Lightsaber
Secondary Weapons:
Misc Equipment:
Beltran listened to Jedi Acaadi Acaadi 's response, nodding once and assimilating the data. It was more or less as he had heard in the work camps. He nodded to Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red 's greeting and kept quiet as Jedi Caedyn Arenais' voice came over the comlink. It looked like they had assembled their team. As they made their last preparations before moving into the bush, Beltran stole a glance down at the lightsaber hilt that hung from his belt. It was a small thing, lighter really than any of the other weapons he carried, but there was a weight to it that was more than the sum of its parts.

It had a sense of responsibility that went beyond Beltran's usual duties of securing victory at any cost. It made the Lorrdian uneasy. But it also filled him with resolve. He had been issued a challenge, and he would rise to it as he had risen to all the others. He would follow the others, watch how they worked and what they did and when the time came, he would take his first steps onto the Jedi path in the same way he had learned all the other things-in the crucible of combat.

"Yes," He replied to Red, who had asked if they were good to go. "I'm ready. Lead the way."

Nodding at Kana Damian squeezed the girl at his side a bit tighter, trying to reassure her. Kana knew what she was doing here, she could heal and do a lot of wondrous things helping people out. Damian dabbled, he remembered a time when he wanted more than anything to be… well not himself.

“We all help people in whatever way we can.” Damian smiled down at the girl as she looked around. “Your skill set doesn’t matter as much with how you use it.” Leaning he said “You have empathic abilities, you can feel the emotions of those around you. In times of pain that could be just as helpful as someone who can mend wounds with a thought."

Walking to the group of people he looked at Kyra glancing around and asking about voices. He could guess at the source of the voice and looked around a bit before staring at the girl making sure the two made eye contact Like this? he asked in the noosphere.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Kana Truden Kana Truden Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric

Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Caedyn Arenais Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red

A bark echoed through the forests. A howl came from another direction. It was hard to tell where the sound was coming from. Acaadi felt a ripple of warning through the Force. It settled deep in his gut and a hand went for his saber on reflex.

"I don't think we're going to need to look for them..." he suggested. "Those rocks might give us a better view."

Acaadi pointed towards a rock formation in a clearing to their left. As he did he caught a flash of scarlet through the trees. The hounds were closing in.

Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser

There was no real familiarity with anyone around here for Kana beyond a few faces she had seen when time had allowed her to come around. A face or two that was too busy tending to the wounded to really engage in any meaningful conversation. Not that Kana herself had that kind of time. Kyra was a priority for now, and as such when she seemed to react in worry at something…

“What?” Kana stopped and turned around towards Kyra and began to look around. She kept an ear out, but there was nothing. “No, sorry.”

Still, Kana kept an eye out. Spend enough time on the field and you learned to know better than to let your guard down, and especially if someone seemed genuinely worried at something the others couldn’t see. Sloppy ambushes, unseen intruders… Kana had seen enough.

“Damian is right.” Kana nodded and continued to lead them towards their intended destination. “It’s about self-control and finding the best use of what you know.”

They entered a part of the camp with fewer beds. People were in pain here but they were stable. Most of them sleeping, the others trying to.

“I know our first experience with healing was… Traumatic.” Kana said and turned around towards Kyra specifically but spoke to the others as well. “But there are more aspects to it than just healing literal physical wounds. Take this man, for example,”

Kana knelt down by one of the cots. “Nobleman. Last I was here, roughly an hour ago he had been awake for three days because of his nightmares.” She stood up again and pointed at a younger man on a cot further down the aisle. “That boy is his cousin, and a very prominent figurehead in these parts.”

“Under normal circumstances I wouldn’t prioritize one patient over the other, but if we can find a way to ease his burdens just a little there could be a lot to gain from it.”

“So,” Kana said and looked at those that had come with her. “The first part of healing is soothing. These people have not known peace for a long time and I’d say it would be a good start for us to make sure that the rest of those who are awake be allowed a moment of rest and recovery.”

“Anyone here unfamiliar with the process that would need me to explain the concepts of that?”

Caedyn Arenais

C
Teammates: Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red | Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr | Acaadi Acaadi .
Objective 2: Who let the Akk Dogs out.
Inventory: Lightsaber & CS.38 Side-Arm.​

Er6tw3E.png

He was making good pace from what the Jedi Knight could tell; Caedyn was able to sense the rest of the team just some ways ahead of him when he heard the near-off barking of Akk Dogs, giving him cause to bring his CS.38 into both hands, tilting the side-arm to check that the safety was off. The Tranq-Darts that it was loaded with ought to put these animals to sleep pretty quickly, although he would need to be ready in the case that it didn't drop them instantly, where as leaving opportunity for one final gouging bite before being put to rest.

The surrounding woodlands were dark, the foliage around him blocking out the sun-light and giving the wildlife an easier time to blend with their environment subsequently making it difficult to spot those whom seemed to be preying on the team. Had the hunters become the hunted? Caedyn frowned at the thought, and had no intention of being taken out by a pack of animals having previously survived encounters of the Sith kind. That'd just be embarrassing. Though at the same time, in their natural habitat, these beasts weren't to be underestimated and nature could often be mighty impressive in the most frightening of ways.

'Don't get cocky now' he reminded himself in mind; 'Nothing is a given'. The sense that the pack was nearby only further encouraged Caedyn to pick up the pace and rendezvous with the team, arriving and raising his voice some to give them due warning of his entrance into their company, least he catch a loose and accidental bullet fired out of precaution.

"Coming in from your south-west, these animals may have caught my scent" he explained as he closed in to join them, his pistol raised and back to the group as his eyes scanned the perimeter of the clearing, "Nice to finally catch up with you lot" he added in greeting.​

Kana Truden Kana Truden Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare

"Thank you, Healer. I would be happy to. May I ask you your name. I'm not sure I've had the pleasure of meeting you before." He lowered the gear he was carrying, grabbing some he knew was heading that way. He did give Kyra a look as she mentioned she could break minds, and he was about to say something before the other quickly jumped in. He smiled as he listened, nodding along with some of the statements as she asked about anyone else hearing something. The herglic tilted his head, thinking for a second. It made sense when Starchaser spoke up.

An empath. That would explain why she seemed on edge. The other were able to handle it better than he could it seemed. He would finally speak up again though with a simple comment."They are correct young empath. Your abilities allow you to understand what someone is going through on a level not all of us can."

As they walked, he looked at the people Kana pointed out. He could only really give them a somber look, though he was almost sure he'd scare a kid or two.

Objective 1: Refugees
Alies: Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Kana Truden Kana Truden Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser

Along with the power grid, came the use of sapper droids and other equipment that could perform trenchless excavation for the primary utilities, such as power and water supply/sewage. But the refugee camp, with an urbanism plan that was adapted to the realities of countryside living, would actually become a rather small town in the context of settlements on planets similar to H'ratth. For the time being, there was no real governance structure, but in time, once the refugees would be able to settle down, they may be able to. Just that the padawans on station would be getting a crash course on Force-healing. Yes, proper diagnosis of the ailment was key, but soothing the patient's mental states was key to get to the bottom of the matter. And boy were they scarred. Maybe it was premature to presume that some dark-sided effects were lodged inside their bodies, but if such was the case, Jess needed to be well-rested because she knew it would be very demanding on her computational power.

Objective 1

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Kyra squirmed as one after enough, people spoke to her. In her mind, to her face- the whole place was riddled with pain and death and sadness and it was all the girl could do not to run away screaming.

Other people were screaming. Far away, in a tent. Their leg hurt, and their pain- she just- ah! A small force push echoed out from the girl, abrupt and lackadaisical as it sought to knock those around her a few feet back. It truth, it whipped over them like a gust of wind, not possessing enough direction to do true harm.

Kyra took a step back from them all, her chest heaving as she struggled to find her own thoughts among the chaos of their enviroment. If everyone could just stop directing their attention to her- it made-- the world-- so loud! The air around her grew corrupted, filled with the pain and disorientation that Kyra absorbed. They were right, she did understand what they were going through better than anyone else. It was a flickering whim, but she tried to shove it all off it.

The chaos reverberated through the force, allowing those around her to taste what she sensed-- an echo from her mind to theirs. Take it back!

The sleeping nobleman they were standing over jolted awake, Kyra's panic resonating inside his own mind. He screamed without understanding, and Kyra stared numbly without comprehension. Kana spoke of the importance of soothing the ailed, and now she had a chance to demonstrate how.

You're...er....welcome?

Objective 1
Jessica Med-Beq Jessica Med-Beq | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Kana Truden Kana Truden | Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric | Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser

Before speaking with the healer, Reggie saw Kyra wave to him. Giving a smile, the Padawan waved back to her. Then the group was gone, and Reggie went back to finding out what he could do to help. After gaining permission and direction, Reggie was able to help the patients with the other healers. He went to one of the patients and looked over their injuries, a sadness coming over him. Reggie never liked seeing others in pain, which was why he made healing one of his main focuses. His focus had been divided over the years, but healing was still one of the more important skills he practiced. Reggie placed a hand on the patient and used the force to help calm him down. After awhile, the patients breathing slowed, though only slightly. That was better than nothing though. any comfort he could provide would help in the healing process.

When Reggie was about to begin healing the patient to the best of his ability, he felt a disturbance coming from the area the other group went to. He didn't know exactly what it was, but he felt something. Considering the fact that there were jedi master's over there, he stayed put and continued with his own task. He would make sure he watched out for the disturbance again, but he needed to focus on the patient right now. Reggie began using the force to heal the patient, making sure to go slowly so that he wouldn't overextend himself.

There was an air of unease that didn’t take a Jedi’s senses to detect. Of course the screaming man was a dead give away. Damian drew the girl in close and breathed in deeply letting a calming wave emanate from him. He wasn’t really great at this sort of thing, but tried nonetheless. He knew the symptoms well, the manac noise filter in his head, the feeling of distress. “If you’ll pardon me, I could use Kyra’s help.” Damian politely excused himself and the girl.

Gently putting a hand on Kyra’s shoulder and guiding her away the two walked off. It was times like this he wished he had some sort of force power to create a null field or bubble around him. “You need to calm down Kyra, compartmentalize your thoughts.” he whispered while thinking about his own emotional state.

He’d known the girl since she was little, and knew her empathic abilities. “I need you to focus on me,” he said gently walking away from the group. Damian did his best to project calm on her. “I wish I was better at this kind of stuff, kid, but I’m not. I wish I could help you get a better grip on this, teach you not to project on others.”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Kana Truden Kana Truden Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare Jessica Med-Beq Jessica Med-Beq

Objective 1-- separated

Kyra gave a small, non communicative wheeze, clinging to his side as they created distance between them and the chaos. He asked her focus on him, but even that was growing difficult as they days moved on. Were her abilities growing stronger? Came the flickering thought.

What might have once been a cool realization now added to the panic. The worst of an anxiety attack was curbed by his aid, his attempts to calm laying over her blanket like a heavy quilt. "I-I did that," she uttered, her hand shaking as she brought it to her mouth. She tried to cover her horror, but it shone through her eyes.

"I'm losing it. I'm-" Countless warnings from countless mouths came rushing to mind.

Control your abilities.

Guard your mind.

Separate yourself.

You need

You must

You are going to hurt others if you do not gain control.

The harsh truth reverberated through her, the horror leveled at Damian as she pulled away from him. The screams from the man she had startled senseless reached them where they stood, telling a story as clear as day. Caedyn Arenais had been right all along.

"I-I how I can fix this?" She uttered, desperate, for once, to make a change. "Can we get rid of it- make it stop-- Oh! Hit me!"

Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser

Last edited:
Oh feth. The force spread from Kyra like a whip with a collective disruption of peace. The man they had approached woke up with a shriek and Kana quickly knelt down by his side, trying in vain to get him to calm the hell down. A deeply worried glance shot over her shoulder at Damian as she waved in the padawan’s direction. If she could have fixed this she would, but Damian out of all people knew that Kana had never been one to understand children. She had never been afforded the time to be one, and in many ways it would show.

Damian excused them and Kana turned her attention back to the man, his heart and pulse racing against each breath that passed in and out of his nose. It was fair to assume that the lesson in actual healing was off for now. Too many panicked patients to tend to.

“Grab their hands.” Kana told those that had come with. “Provide comfort. Let them know that they aren’t alone and that they are in a safe space.”

She closed her eyes and began to project a calm in the force into the screaming man’s mind. He wasn’t alone in his fear and confusion by this point, some out of confusion over what was going on but all in good time they would settle their worries. It was just a matter of reaching those that needed the help the most. Right now, that meant catching those that caught the brunt of the incident and letting them know they weren’t alone.

Kana hushed the man with her hand gently brushing against his forehead. “You’re safe. The worst will pass, we are here for you.”

Over her shoulder she shot a glance out towards Damian to see if they were on their way or if they were staying before Kana turned back towards the man on the bed again. She got the feeling this would take a while.

[I am on slow activity, do not wait for me to post.]

Last edited:
Objective 1: Refugees

By now it was painfully clear that Jessica shouldn't interfere with Kyra Perl Kyra Perl at this point, especially not with Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser or Kana Truden Kana Truden still in the picture. Also, the remaining excavation equipment began to be deployed so as to dig holes in the ground that would, in time, become foundations for prefabricated shelters. And other buildings that could apparently be packed alongside the lines of walls, wiring and plumbing and all that. It was obvious it was not going to be about building architectural marvels, so the beamdrills, very similar to those mounted on the Fargodeeps, buzzed with activity, while the food supplies began distribution elsewhere, where the refugees were herded. Construction work began, but hopefully the entire site would be ready in a matter of days, or maybe a week or two at most. It wasn't that large after all, so...

Mudekon's listless face lit up with a warm smile, "Mister Quee, a pleasure to be sure. And miss...errr...what was your name again miss?"

"Miss Captisan. Ariela if you'd like," offered the human replica droid.

"Ah yes, that was it," said the old man with a nod, "what brings the two of you here?"

That's what I'd like to ask you...

"Helping to deliver some goods."

"Spying, really," revealed Ariela, "Mister Quee here wanted to make sure the goods from LBS made it to the right hands."

The old man briefly hesitated and offered a wan smile, "Two truths, but one is more true than the other...not that I blame you Mr. Quee, not in your line of work."

If you only knew the truth of the matter...

"What brings you here, doctor? You're a long way from Renansence..."

The trio began to trudge forward towards the field hospital, "Every once and a while, I like to get away from the experimental and theoretical, and apply it to practical use. Field testing as you military folks like to say, though in mine, we call it clinical trials. Look at this."

The scientist thrust out a vial filled with a hazy solution that vaguely looked like a thicken wine. Ariela gently took the vial from his hand, slowly rolling it and holding it up to the sunlight. She's probably analyzing it somehow...

"An antibiotic of some sort?" guessed the man.

Mudekon's face lit up more, "Oh, you do remember my work. Close, but not quite. It's a new type of antiretroviral based on...well....you probably a good idea of what it's based on. Not that we can talk about here. Come, let me show you..."

Hit me, the girl had said. If she had been another person he might have but she was who she was and he was who he was which meant instead he gave her a big head. She wanted an easy fix, but there wasn’t one. She wanted her abilities to turn off and while Damian could think of ways he might achieve that he didn’t want that for the girl.

“Listen very carefully.” Damian loosened his grip on the girl and moved himself back so he could look her in the eye. “You aren’t a toaster that needs replacement parts. You are a complex and wonderful girl.” The girl knew now that she had things to work on, but who didn’t. “Every person has things they could improve upon. Anyone who thinks they are perfect… well it isn’t healthy. So here is what we’re going to do, I’m not the best at this sort of thing but I promise you I’ll help you any way I can.”

“First though, let's just breathe and calm down. We can’t let our emotions control us.”
Of course for Damian that was easy. He could and had in the past just turned his emotions off. A product of the cloning conditioning or some natural mental or force talent, regardless he could turn himself into an emotionless calculating monster. Marek would have been proud of him in that state. He was sure he could teach Kyra some of that, but the end result would not be the girl he’d seen grow up. It was a last result, something he wouldn’t do, couldn’t do. “I need you to just breathe and focus on me. Let my calm be your guidon.” And with that he flushed his emotions, not completely but enough.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Brayad had landed on H'ratth with his ship, seeing other people carrying supplies he thought he could get some action ever since being cryo frozen. Since it was his first time being back onto the "battlefield" he was hoping to find a group of other Silver Jedi so that they could team up and help hold back the akk dogs. He immediately went out to search for other Silver Jedi. (Reply below to be in a group)

Objective 2

Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Caedyn Arenais

"They're not very stealthy, are they?" Acaadi reflected. The scarlet hounds were circling the treeline.

"Oh and nice to see you too," he said to Caedyn. "I'm Acaadi and we were sort of coming here to clear out the Akk dogs anyway. Though...there are a lot more of them than we expected."

Acaadi had been wondering quite what the term 'lightsaber' resistent made. He could see their scales catching the light.

One broke off from the pack and charged towards the group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom