Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Voice Conference - Meet the Members | Jan. 16th

Tefka said:
I'll admit to caring a little about the Major Factions in the discussion of a map reset, but I couldn't give two shakes about how the companies feel.

They might feel like they have a stake in this battle, but they don't.
It was an example, really the only one I had.

In regards to Factions - I don't think it'll hurt too bad.

Can't make everyone happy.

Tefka said:
I think this is how a lot of people initially feel, that fear just manifests itself in different ways.
I think it's honestly manifesting itself in an anxious/exciting kinda way.

I'm interested to see what the proposal would be. I don't see any bias out of it, I see opportunities and chances to write bigger and better things.

Tefka said:
I guess that's a good side-effect, nobody can really accuse Staff of bias when we target everyone.
bane.jpg

o_o;

Well, then whats the point in doing Invasions and Doms if we just end up losing our faction expansion in a year? Sorry If i am sounding a bit personal about this but I don't like wasting my efforts, my time on such threads if they will be all for nothing. Even right now these talks are killing my muse to do doms and continue on with the Campaign that i have drafted out against the OS. I know nothing has been "offically talked about" but i mean fek.

The Galaxy is getting full So lets Revisit the rebellion rules. Maybe with a full galaxy such will be more utilized. I personally loved the idea of rebellion and I even tried to have it implemented with in the Mandalorian Border with the Counts of Serreno. They just didn't get enough traction.

Increase the Min unique membership activity to keep Major Faction Status.

I'm with Tefka. Companies should not matter at all. Because even in the state things are in now, if the planet your company is on gets invaded and the invaders win, you'll have to suck up being in enemy territory. I don't mean to sound harsh, but that is the reality of it. A reset would be absolutely no different where companies are involved.

Now while I am generally in favor of the reset as it will give newer factions a chance to grow in places where old (and dare I say almost non existent "large" factions) currently hold sway but are doing nothing with, I am finding that a suggestion by [member="sabrina"] I believe it was, where a faction can claim 1 planet per member might be a fair compromise. Looking at the member counts of the major factions, the biggest ones should theoretically have no issue whatsoever producing enough members to retain most if not all of their current planets. If they cannot, then their sphere of influence should be diminished to the appropriate number.

We could even give the factions choice of what planets they wish to retain. As long as they are all connected to each other of course. No planet here and a planet there, but no I don't want anything in the middle. Also a high turnout rate will NOT get a smaller major faction extra planets that they haven't already dominioned.

In this way the major factions can keep their planets if they can prove they have enough people. But it doesn't just wipe out all their planets like a full reset would. And more than likely territory will open up for the smaller factions to allow expansion when some planets are lost to the majors that can't turn out good support. Everyone is more or less happy.

In regards the second galaxy...I think this is a bad idea. No offense HK. But a second galaxy with no current planets or history will have a very small following I think. Especially considering tons of new worlds would first have to be made anyway. And even then, they are a blank slate with no history, no civilization. Nothing to really draw people in who don't want to explore and colonize new worlds.

[member="Strider Garon"]

If the map wipe happens Strider. Lets just remember it will be a community based one. And we can hope that it won't just happen by magic but by a bigger kid kicking down our sand castles. I'm sure everyone would of loved to have a discussion with the Vong before they literally and figuratively raped half the galaxy into a horrible existence (that even WH-40K would be proud of (If it weren't for the fact they're Xenos scum who must be purged). Sand castles always fall down, But you go back to the beach and build them again cause they're fun to build. And so on of no empire lasts forever and whatever else I can say on the matter.

Suffice to say we'll see come the 16th.

Edit: I'd also like to sign up for this conversation. Please and thank-you.

*wishes that self was a FJ still so I didn't have to ask to participate*

As much as I'd like to sign up, (on the very rare chance that you just might choose me), I don't think I could attend anyways! as everything at me house has been really tense since two weeks ago. But have fun (insert whoever has been chosen's name here).

Three reasons why you should chose me to take part in your glorious Skype conversation.

1. I'm woefully out of the loop when it comes to board current affairs
2. I have no real opinions
3. I'm probably not available.

Tefka said:
This has been done in the past, we just didn't announce who was in charge.
I recall that, yet that was a different person in charge of a single project each time. I'm thinking of the job being continuous, much like the Factory Admin is a continuous position - allowing multiple projects with consistent direction and setting up the arc even before an event starts (or possibly announced?). And through the multiple projects, they become better refined in making Events people want to do rather than a new person learning the walk each time.

Tefka said:
CJ/FJ's dont get invited to Voice Conferences. It's only RPJ's/Admins.
Yeah, we mostly had our own 'cause screw you guys and your RPJ/Admin voice calls going off and making important decisions and board-changing verdicts. We had to have somewhere to go for our Factory related conversations to be cool, too. Conversations like "... Is this broken?" or "Does this break reality?" and "Did [member="Rave Merrill"] seriously make another corset for Danger? I mean, that's great but... how many does she need?" Not to mention the age old convo of "So, who wants to play 'put fire ants in Tefka's bed' for the third time this month?" It's almost as fun as the game called 'Steal Spencer Jacobs' undergarments and sell them at auction again' :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom