Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Voice Conference - Meet the Members | Jan. 16th

tumblr_n2k656nTKW1r48uv1o1_500.gif

Dredge said:
But as we grow some things just don't matter as much in the world. Would resetting the map make a lot of people mad? Yes. Does it matter in our personal lives or hold any bearing over what we do as people in our personal lives? No. It's a roleplay board and really none of it matters
I have for the most part, been silent and played alot of opinions and stuff to myself since I came back because let's face it - I was way too opinionated before.

However, I agree with alot of what you say to my own effects (Various in their own nature) except this line.

It matters to people outside of the game in the extent of time and effort put forth into Dominions, Skirmishes and such to gain RP territory within their Faction. It matters because people come here as a hobby, passion or something they enjoy doing as a game, so if you're playing Final Fantasy VII and you're 99% complete (And we're talking 99% complete and somewhere you forgot to save at like 96% because you were on some crazy roll...) and suddenly, you wipe on Emerald Weapon and boom...you're now back 3% from where you once were. Or even worse, your game save becomes corrupted as that was a common thing back in the day.

I mean, kinda understand what I'm saying?

Granted, we are not a "Command and Conquer" based RP Board and I do agree that there is alot of bloated and over-filled territory on -all- Faction sides but there are major causes and effects when considering a complete reset.

You also have to understand Companies might be effected. What if the One Sith came in (No offense guys, picking on you for a minute.) And they suddenly were forced out of Fresia or Ranklinge? Now, Incom no longer (In theory) has the ship production capabilities they used to have...or they're forced to produce vessels against their will for the OS. Again, these are theories, not saying this is how it's going to happen. Please understand, I'm just going off big bad stereotypes and such.

I agree it might be a fresh, interesting take but there are also some current planets own by some factions which are neat as they stand, then there are some which I believe absolutely should belong to a specific faction.

I have always viewed Bastion as an Imperial stronghold.

I have always viewed Byss as a Sith stronghold.

I have always viewed Tython as a Jedi stronghold and considering it's proximity to Byss, might be a nice balance between Light and Dark.

Coruscant is iffy, but we all know from EU and growing up, New Republic world or even Vong for that matter lol.

Nal Hutta, that speaks for itself. Corellia makes sense for the OP.

These are just examples and my opinion.

sabrina

The map reset would be interesting, but I do think those with large territories. Like mandalorians, omega protectorate, the republic and the fringe, as well as the one sith, should start with a relative territorial position. May be one planet per writer check in extra, from there starting lot. As a goodwill gesture, then we can have blind rage, as we complain about who gets what resources.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Tefka"],

ICly you want those things, sure, you want something to keep happening,

But OOCly this is equivalent of us building starships or castles out of Legos, and we're running out of space on that green mat where the blocks are placed so those who have started sooner have larger starships or castles and those who have started later are scrambling for space to make something they would be satisfied with. Instead of knocking down the structures we have already built and we're proud of, or instead of just letting it continue like that, you can just get us a second green mat so we have more space, there's more than two choices here and reset can push some people away rather than draw them in. Besides as we expand on the map it will end up in "blind rage, excitement, and total utter destruction" because we will be forced to wage war to expand, with reset we could just end up in another long period of territory grab and expansion where factions isolate and don't interact as much because they're too busy rebuilding their map presence.

I'm not saying don't reset the map, I'm not saying reset the map, I'm asking to draw an option that in the long term will satisfy the largest degree of our writers.

HK-36

[member="Colap Ticon"],

There's an invasion of Republic coming up by Sith and Fringe will be involved, Mandalorians are doing their campaign against the Sith and Protectorate will lend a hand, and then supposedly previous Lord Protector Cater was drafting plans with Moross to ally against the CIS,

Just give it a week or so :p

Aaralyn Rekali said:
You also have to understand Companies might be effected.
I'll admit to caring a little about the Major Factions in the discussion of a map reset, but I couldn't give two shakes about how the companies feel.

They might feel like they have a stake in this battle, but they don't.

HK-36 said:
But OOCly this is equivalent of us building starships or castles out of Legos, and we're running out of space on that green mat where the blocks are placed so those who have started sooner have larger starships or castles and those who have started later are scrambling for space to make something they would be satisfied with. Instead of knocking down the structures we have already built and we're proud of, or instead of just letting it continue like that, you can just get us a second green mat so we have more space, there's more than two choices here and reset can push some people away rather than draw them in. Besides as we expand on the map it will end up in "blind rage, excitement, and total utter destruction" because we will be forced to wage war to expand, with reset we could just end up in another long period of territory grab and expansion where factions isolate and don't interact as much because they're too busy rebuilding their map presence.
Or we could redraw the Rebellion rules and supplant the old with the new. :p

I'm for whatever comes. I would be interested in seeing a map reset, but the thought... scares me? Though I'm uncertain as to whether 'scare' is the right word.

HK-36 said:
There's an invasion of Republic coming up by Sith and Fringe will be involved
*facepalm* Check your facts, droid, before you spew them to the masses.

HK-36

[member="Lucianus Adair"],

That's what I heard recently at least from a trusted friend in Republic *Shrugs* and I was glad to see that Fringe is getting involved again in things

By the sounds of this reset idea, I'm pretty for it. Maybe it's because I've only been around for a month but frankly stagnation doesn't just happen because people don't want to attack. It's not just because there are OOC cliques and everyone's playing chess, and heck I'm actually here to play checkers so I'm not part of that. Something I do know from experience is that stagnation comes because everything is too underwhelming for new people like me. When I come to a community, I don't say "Wow, cool. Look at all these major factions, and groups of people doing things!" It's the opposite for me. I see a bunch of people sitting together and becoming content with everything they have, real life comes knocking and people leave. So what you see is a big map with nothing going on.

If there is a reset everything instantly becomes legit. We can see who actually cares enough to lay claim and blow each other up and anyone who can't will fall through the cracks. But why not? This is a game and we're supposed to have fun. We're supposed to be imaginative and take control of our characters, listening to each other and playing checkers... Not chess where we have a few people sitting around the room and pretending they have pawns. Everyone should be involved, nothing should be too abstract or too straight forward.

Again, I'm new. Maybe I'm not with the rest of the community but hey, I made a faction that wants to lay waste to the galaxy at large; I want to see how far I can go before we get slapped back down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom