Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Critique - June & July 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Ghoul

L
Since my name has come up in this thread in relation to bullying, I feel like I need to issue a general proclamation.

If you feel like you are being bullied by me on skype, or on the board just shoot me a message telling me how you feel. I more than welcome such discussion and will do everything to make the situation right.

Listing people's names on public forums and saying "Yeah, that person right there, that's a bully," has a name. It's called assassination of character. Please do not do this. If you feel wronged take it to the person individually and if that person proves uncooperative take it to the authorities.

Carry on.

Darth Shara said:
“Before an Invasion begins, Faction Leaders must convene to discuss how the Invasion will be handled by both sides to account for fairness and balance. If a compromise cannot be reached please consult a Role-play Judge. “

[member="Darth Shara"]

1. I'll start off with SWRP Staff's stance on this issue:

No rule is set in stone. This community continues to constantly adapt to the changing tides of public opinion and the opinion of the Staff team.

2. If you wish to remove a rule

Your best chance will not be in a Staff Critique thread where you issue becomes muddied with everyone else's. If you wish to shine a spotlight on a specific rule being removed - start it's own thread. I'd dare say many would agree with you, if given the chance. It's happened in the past, and it'll continue to happen in the future. If the majority of this community come out in acceptance of a particular rule change that does not conflict with the greater interest of the community, it will be the Staff Team's duty to deliberate and discuss the potential changing of aforementioned rule.

TL:DR;

Make a thread that's a little shorter and more to the point about what you just posted, and see what others have to say.

Matreya

Mikhail Shorn said:
If you feel like you are being bullied by me on skype, or on the board just shoot me a message telling me how you feel. I more than welcome such discussion and will do everything to make the situation right.
Back in the day, I did. The result? You -auto hit- cut Zaiden in half. Attempted to bring it to a staffs attention, and was told you were in the right. I failed to mention that actually occurred during a strictly peaceful thread as well.

So..yeah.

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

It is because of this site that X was introduced to Y

Take some responsibility of those people who enter -your- site.

You don't give someone a plate just out of the oven and leave them be to burn themselves, all under the guise it said the plate was hot on the menu. You tell them ahead of time that the plate is hot.

So why can't you just say that bullying of any kind from one member to another will not be tolerated and will be punished?

Is it that hard to protect the people you're suppose to be protecting?

Does a cop let a man shoot another when they could of stopped it simply because it was outside their jurisdiction?

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
Sarge Potteiger said:
You don't go to a grocery store to purchase a tank, and you don't go to a Star Wars Roleplaying Site Staff Team about serious criminal harassment.
Forget criminal background checks when you hire your next employee. It's all good. :D

Sorry, I find that to be a little irresponsible. If someone has a track record, they should not be allowed to continue with other members--especially the younger ones, since this site welcomes kids.

Okay, here is a breakdown of staff's responsibilities.

Factory Judge: judge their areas and help with rules pertaining to their specific area.

Roleplay Judge: can judge all factory subs and they deal with RP complaints and promoting people to master, along with helping with events.

Administrator: help with technical stuff, judge subs if they wish, do tags, help people, oh and manage OOC stuff that happens on the board.

Nowhere in there are they the Skype police or the Internet police. You got an issue on Skype, block them.

Darth Ferus said:

It is because of this site that X was introduced to Y

Take some responsibility of those people who enter -your- site.

You don't give someone a plate just out of the oven and leave them be to burn themselves, all under the guise it said the plate was hot on the menu. You tell them ahead of time that the plate is hot.

So why can't you just say that bullying of any kind from one member to another will not be tolerated and will be punished?

Is it that hard to protect the people you're suppose to be protecting?

Does a cop let a man shoot another when they could of stopped it simply because it was outside their jurisdiction?
So because they registered on our site and that's how they met them... we're responsible for their behavior? Not them? If that's all you've got then I can't do much. If they've never spoken on the board and all the communication happens off board, and no one says a word to us? What do you want us to do? Be psychic?

Staff are in no way responsible for the people who register for our site (in terms of knowing who they are before they join). So far as we know, everyone who comes here is a perfect angel. I can't do a background check on the people who sign up for the board. Until they do something worth reporting, I know nothing about them (typically speaking.)

Bullying will be punished. Tef has said that.

But it has to be actual bullying.

You have to actually provide proof.

The burden is not on us to punish.

The burden is on you to prove. If we banned everyone that someone said was a bully, we'd have no board left.

Just as with a criminal proceeding, if you've got the proof, you've got the conviction.

Otherwise? It's he-said, she-said.

This is staffs stance on the matter. End of discussion.

Lord Ghoul

L
Kasamann said:
Back in the day, I did. The result? You -auto hit- cut Zaiden in half. Attempted to bring it to a staffs attention, and was told you were in the right. I failed to mention that actually occurred during a strictly peaceful thread as well.

So..yeah.
Are you talking about when you told me via skype to cut you in half, so I did? I still have the logs of that. Below are the logs in which you said "go ahead." If you have any further issues please pm me as I am not staff and we don't want to be cluttering up the thread.

[12/24/13 7:37:18 PM] Shado (Zaiden): True...dammit man quit making me agree lol I'm supposed to be FOR saving him not against it lmao
[12/24/13 7:37:38 PM] Josh Gilbert: haha
[12/24/13 7:37:48 PM] Josh Gilbert: well Shorn has a few busted ribs now
[12/24/13 7:40:40 PM] Shado (Zaiden): I'm happy with that lol. Altogether you've beaten the piss out of Zaiden, as would be expected. But Zaiden still has bragging rights as he's done his own damage so yeah. Make it gruesome lmao like insides coming out and everything.

[12/24/13 7:40:53 PM] Josh Gilbert: out of Zaiden?
[12/24/13 7:40:57 PM] Shado (Zaiden): Yep
[12/24/13 7:41:02 PM] Josh Gilbert: oh my
[12/24/13 7:41:04 PM] Shado (Zaiden): Make it a big one
[12/24/13 7:41:28 PM] Shado (Zaiden): Lol Zaiden has his ship nearby with droids etc.
[12/24/13 7:43:17 PM] Shado (Zaiden): o_O just realized...everything shoulders down will be machine...damn a true Borg
[12/24/13 7:43:30 PM] Josh Gilbert: yeah pretty much
[12/24/13 7:49:31 PM] Josh Gilbert: how's this?
[12/24/13 7:49:33 PM] Josh Gilbert: The Soulsaber whipped out of Zaiden's body through his back, almost certainly severing his spine if not cutting him completely in half. The violet blade flashed, Shorn heard the hissing of burning flesh. As he tumbled backward he caught a single glimpse of Zaiden. The man stood, an expression of shock on his features. A clean diagonal slice cut him nearly in half, extending from just below the right ribcage to below the left pectoral. Steam rose off the burning flesh, neatly cauterized into a clean, diagonal slice that nearly cut the man in half, extending from just below the right ribcage to below the left pectoral and exposing a bulging jumble of white strings threatening to push their way out.
[12/24/13 11:26:19 PM] Shado (Zaiden): Amazing.

I'm not asking you to go onto skype and punish him there. I'm saying that if someone from this site harasses someone else from this site no matter if it has to do with this site or not, the harasser should be punished here.

That's a no bully policy.

Does that make sense? This is the internet, things are more often then not read in a different way then you wrote them.

J3C0

J
"I can't do a background check on the people who sign up for the board."
LnNq9f4.jpg

Darth Ferus said:

I'm not asking you to go onto skype and punish him there. I'm saying that if someone from this site harasses someone else from this site no matter if it has to do with this site or not, the harasser should be punished here.

That's a no bully policy.

Does that make sense? This is the internet, things are more often then not read in a different way then you wrote them.
See:
This is an issue Staff has faced since the creation of SWRP. Where does the line begin and end for the amount of protection we provide?

My answer is, if someone is harassing you on the board - let us know.

If someone is harassing you on Skype - block them.

If someone is threatening to do something to you on Skype that involves SWRP, report it.

If it involves SWRP, report it.

Everything else: learn to protect yourself on the internet. We're not responsible for all things that do not involve SWRP.

Edit: But we need logs, or else we can do nothing. The SWRP Staff Team works based on investigation and evidence. Provide us evidence, via unaltered logs (in context).

Matreya

Mikhail Shorn said:
Are you talking about when you told me via skype to cut you in half, so I did? I still have the logs of that. Below are the logs in which you said "go ahead." If you have any further issues please pm me as I am not staff and we don't want to be cluttering up the thread.

[12/24/13 7:37:18 PM] Shado (Zaiden): True...dammit man quit making me agree lol I'm supposed to be FOR saving him not against it lmao
[12/24/13 7:37:38 PM] Josh Gilbert: haha
[12/24/13 7:37:48 PM] Josh Gilbert: well Shorn has a few busted ribs now
[12/24/13 7:40:40 PM] Shado (Zaiden): I'm happy with that lol. Altogether you've beaten the piss out of Zaiden, as would be expected. But Zaiden still has bragging rights as he's done his own damage so yeah. Make it gruesome lmao like insides coming out and everything.

[12/24/13 7:40:53 PM] Josh Gilbert: out of Zaiden?
[12/24/13 7:40:57 PM] Shado (Zaiden): Yep
[12/24/13 7:41:02 PM] Josh Gilbert: oh my
[12/24/13 7:41:04 PM] Shado (Zaiden): Make it a big one
[12/24/13 7:41:28 PM] Shado (Zaiden): Lol Zaiden has his ship nearby with droids etc.
[12/24/13 7:43:17 PM] Shado (Zaiden): o_O just realized...everything shoulders down will be machine...damn a true Borg
[12/24/13 7:43:30 PM] Josh Gilbert: yeah pretty much
[12/24/13 7:49:31 PM] Josh Gilbert: how's this?
[12/24/13 7:49:33 PM] Josh Gilbert: The Soulsaber whipped out of Zaiden's body through his back, almost certainly severing his spine if not cutting him completely in half. The violet blade flashed, Shorn heard the hissing of burning flesh. As he tumbled backward he caught a single glimpse of Zaiden. The man stood, an expression of shock on his features. A clean diagonal slice cut him nearly in half, extending from just below the right ribcage to below the left pectoral. Steam rose off the burning flesh, neatly cauterized into a clean, diagonal slice that nearly cut the man in half, extending from just below the right ribcage to below the left pectoral and exposing a bulging jumble of white strings threatening to push their way out.
[12/24/13 11:26:19 PM] Shado (Zaiden): Amazing.
Lmao so I attempt to peacefully follow, even cracking jokes etc, seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, instead of throwing a fit. Just shows that I had the better reaction.

Dude in the end, you and I have had several ooc issues, I just never make them vocal. Thus leading to this.

Matreya

Ok. Strictly for clarification and to possibly stop this portion of the thread:

Bring all issues to the staff, with evidence, and let them handle it. If deemed bad, they might do something.

Darth Ferus said:
What that says is if it has nothing to do with the site, you don't care.

That's all it says [member="Sarge Potteiger"]

Kasamann said:
Ok. Strictly for clarification and to possibly stop this portion of the thread:

Bring all issues to the staff, with evidence, and let them handle it. If deemed bad, they might do something.
Yes.

Provided SWRP is involved.

SWRP is involved because it's your members.

Take some responsibility and discipline the members on this site who decide to bully another, even if the topic has nothing to do with SWRP.

Is it really that hard to put in just a little bit of extra push to stop bullying? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom