Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Silver Valentine [SJC]

dkpurple.png

Silver Valentine

qY29Sf8.jpg
Zeltros. The homeworld of the Zeltrons and known for its beauty in a plethora of nuances. This year, it would also be where many from the Silver Jedi Concord would gather to celebrate Valentine's Day. While many found themselves having fun and enjoying life throughout the city, a larger number of its Concord participants had gathered by a more humble town. While it may not have had much to offer by the standards of Zeltros, it was still buzzling with activity since the carnival was there. A Ferris Wheel, unbelievable performances in shows and games were there for all to enjoy.

The streets were littered with wooden stalls housing various merchants and other travellers. Some offered food, filling the streets with a mix of wonderful aromas. Others offered souvenirs or other trinkets with active merchants hollering their offers out loud - all claiming to have the best deals, whether it was the truth or not. Some of the stalls provided games with lotteries, tests of strength or coordination with prizes such as massive chocolate bars or plushy toys.

torches.jpg
The beach was not far away and while the sun had already set, revealing the planet's twin moons, the water was still not uninvitingly cold. From there, the music and chatter coming from the city blended into background noise with the sound of the waves creeping onto the dunes and torches letting out the odd sparkle as they burned becoming more dominant. It was a peaceful place with plenty of space. Further down the beach, where the canal that flowed through the city connected with the sea outside, the locals had arranged for flat bottomed boats to be rented, knowing that it was a good way to either explore the city or the lake outside.

header7.png

smaller-dining-room-ferris-wheel-2017.jpg
Regardless of if a person was in a relationship or single, many came from all across the Silver Sphere to reconnect with old friends or strike connections with new ones. A hillside restaurant with a good view over the lake offered a perfect opportunity for all who were either looking for love or simply hoping to build the foundations of a new friendship. The arrangement took the shape of a speed dating event where the participants would have to switch partners at a high pace.

OOC Note​
The speed dating event is open for all, regardless of whether they want to find love or not. There will be a partner switch every 48 hours or OOC time which should allow for at least a couple posts to be exchanged before meeting a new partner.

header7.png

Objective: Speed Dating

Kaaba and Mi would slowly walk into the Sliver Sphere, not entirely sure what to expect. Mi had somehow convinced her brother to come and do this, but it was clear he wasn’t exactly excited about this.

“How did you convince me to do this?”

“Come in Kaaba. It’ll be fun. Just give it a shot, please.”

“I already said I would, sis. Let’s just go.” The pair would oddly walk further, still not sure how it would work, especially with them still being... well they were Padawan age, so it wasn’t too bad right? The two finally found where they figured they were supposed to sit, and now they’d wait.

Finley Dawson

F
n2CCwiR.gif

With: Sadira Valen Sadira Valen

Outfit

Finley was almost ashamed to admit he had never been down to Zeltros before, but when he was in the Explorer Corps, most of his time was spent along the fringes of the galaxy or the very center in the dangerous Deep Core. Even now, when he had returned to Kashyyyk for normal duties, there wasn't much time for such excursions.

The venue was situated in a less urbanized part of Zeltros, away from the main celebrations (which could be witnessed from orbit!), but it was no less crowded, full of equal parts of native Zeltrons and other races. The pleasure planet was a popular destination for many denizens of the Concord, a bright spot of solace among the chaos. You felt it as soon as you stepped off the ship - Zeltrons were natural empaths who liked to project positive feelings. On top of that, they released powerful pheromones' that could enhance the effect.

As a Force Adept, Finley knew how to filter out such influences, but here, he let the wash over him, embracing the calming vibes. Grinning, he played with the Sadira's hand at his side, swinging it far forward and back.

"So, you I've introduced you to hot dogs, but are you ready to take it to the next level? Corn dogs?"

Understandably, Sadira had been wary of eating mystery meats on Nar Shaddaa during assignment, but Zeltros was a much more reputably when it came to cuisine. Here he may be able to enjoy a real beef link. No more of that bantha or nerf schlock.

It's one of life's mysteries, sir...
Tag: Open!

Kathryn knew she would have to go back soon. Back to the southern systems and her primary post within the CIS, as almost every detachment of personnel serving abroad had been called back to concentrate on internal affairs and defence of their borders a while ago. It had not been an easy one convincing the sky marshal to let her remain in the temporary service of the Galactic Alliance, her old employer right off the graduation from the Academy. The sky marshal really got to know her headstrong side that time, and probably met his match in a discussion. A few calls and claimed favors later, he had got back and granted her additional time abroad. Not much, but it was at least something.

Despite the sun had set in the horizon, the night air of Zeltros was still not chilly enough make her regret the decision to go with a black dress with large flower pattern. If the night grew colder, she carried a maroon leather jacket of a more formal cut over her one arm. It was a rare occurrence for the pilot and colonel to wear something else than her flightsuit or service dress uniform, but that didn't mean she didn't also know how to wear and carry herself in a more feminine attire, on occasions like this that really were too few and too long in between. Her hair was done in a semi-formal bun, as pratical as it was formal.

''Anyway, I'm actually really curious to see what NAVCOM have done while I've been away. Hopefully, these new efforts will solve some old issues and give the starfighter corps a fresh start. You've seen the recruitment posters and adds on the HoloNet? I guess those will probably attract new, eager and young cadets...'' Kathryn said, ending the sentence with a light chuckle as she and her company for the night was strolling through the fair. The man beside her was her brother Vinnic. They were far into a long conversation about their family, the months that had passed and the ongoing changes in their lives. They had got together once more as Vin himself was serving in the GA.

''Only time will tell if it'll be my luck or misfortune if they land in my squadron...'' she continued, which elicited a hearty laugh from Vin.

''You know that it sounds like you're talking about yourself now, right Kath?'' Vin remarked as his glance went from the stalls that they passed til it ended up on her.

''What? No!'' uttered Kathryn with a lour as she looked at him, her fake look of shock turning into a knowing smile as they continued the stroll. Of course, she knew very well what Vin was talking about. She had been an unruly rebel herself once, and in some cases one could say that she still was but now in a more adult way. Funny enough, Kathryn knew how it was to kind of meet her younger self. She had once been a guest instructor for a class of Corellian cadets, which had been as challenging as it had been fun, and instructively for her as well. She could definitely see herself in the instructor boots once more, and she looked forward to meet new cadets either way. It was in her considerate and caring nature.

''Maybe once upon a time... Though, I must be doing something right being a colonel!'' she said with proud smile, just as Vin led them to one of the lottery stalls.

Last edited:
Attire: Dress
Finley Dawson

Initially, the somewhat sheltered Padawan had felt so awkward in the dress she was wearing that she almost opted to arrive late, just so she could change into more 'practical' clothing. The only reason she didn't was because she would have felt bad making Finley wait, and...well, she bought the darn thing. She might as well make use of it.

It had looked so pretty on display, that's why she chose it. Looking at it again in the mirror was like seeing a stranger uncomfortable in their own skin. She wasn't meant for dresses. She was meant to explore dilapidated ruins!

Yet, as they wandered the fair grounds, these concerns ceased to exist. All the lights she might have found a bit too gaudy were now fascinating. The hand swinging hers back and forth made her giddy. Training and missions were the last things on her mind. Today she wasn't a Jedi. Just a girl having fun, with good company to share it with.

"Corn dogs?" She asked with a laugh. "I don't know if I'm ready for this step. Sounds a bit--ohhh... What's that?" Stopping abruptly, she lifted their joined hands to gesture at a towering mountain of the fluffiest, pastel rainbow cloud she'd ever seen. It twirled up and around a stick, somehow manifesting from a strange machine, and was seemingly endless. If there was a physical representation of how these permeating Zeltron pheromones made her feel, it was that.

He wouldn't get a chance to respond. The Padawan dragged him over with her, stopping with a light bounce in front of the vendor. The woman looked up with a smile, but didn't get a chance to speak either.

"I want one! I mean two!" No, she didn't even know what they were, but she didn't care. The fluffy rainbow cloud was bigger than her head, and soon it would be hers. Finley was apparently getting one as well, whether he liked it or not.

Finley Dawson

F
n2CCwiR.gif

As per usual, Sadira was the awkward one of the pair, though at least she had dressed for the occasion. Actually dressed quite well, in a lacy cream party dress. There really was a girl underneath those layers, and a cute one to boot.

Just like last time, she didn't sound too ecstatic about trying another variation of the lowly hotdog, but she perked upon the discovery of another, fluffier treat: Cotton Candy.

With eyes wide as saucers, Sadira tugged him over to the stand, Finley laughing all the way.

"Ohoho, slow there," he cautioned with a raised hand. "That's cotton candy. Pure spun sugar. Cavity magnet. Look at the machine."

He pointed at a smiling Twi'lek behind the counter, who dropped a cup of sugar and red powder into a perforated donut shaped bowl. The bowl began to spin, and as it did, the granules of sugar and powder for liquidified, then stretched into familiar strands. When the machine was finished, the vendors collected the cotton candy by twisting around a stick into the bowl.

"We have all the flavors!" the vendor announced "Watermelon, blum, cherry, you name it! Made to order!"

Finley scratched the stubble on his chin. "Mmm...I'm feeling generous, so pick ONE flavor you like."

Sadira Valen Sadira Valen

Finley Dawson

Pure sugar? Cavity magnet? Who cares! It was both inventive, and smelled amazing, and who knows when she'd get another chance to try one. Fairs generally didn't require interventions from peace-keeping Jedi, so she was going to go ham tonight.

Nibbling on her bottom lip excitedly, she considered the options only briefly. If there was one flavor she could get, then it would be, "Blum! Please...and thank you."

The Twi'lek nodded with an approving smile, and looked to Finley next. Expecting him to order one as well. As she waited, she curiously watched as the free hand of the young woman made a brief and subtle gesture towards the tall man next to her. At the same time, Sadira murmured almost too quietly to hear, "You will let me pay for the cotton candy."

The vendor's hands moved of their own accord. Creating the sugary treat through muscle memory now while her eyes sparkled and she gave a little tilt of her eyebrow to the Padawan. In return, the girl acted unfazed, as if nothing had happened. There was a pleased smile stuck to her face as she awaited her edible cloud. Though one or twice, she did shoot a fleeting, cautionary glance to Finley. Unsure if what she did actually worked. Oh no, what if it didn't? She might be in trouble!

Finley Dawson

F
n2CCwiR.gif

Finley felt the small tug on his mind as Sadira muttered something nearly inaudible under her breath. All he picked up was pay. Without even realizing, Finley had just warded off telepathic influence as her feeble attempt was too weak to overcome the mind of the more experienced Force Adept. It barely registered on his radar, actually a good thing for a certain naughty Padawan.

Unaffected, he misinterpreted her sidelong glances to be her looking for him to pay.

"I said I'm good for the credits, it's all good. Kind sir, add another to the order. Ah...orange for me."

In Concord space, digital currency was accepted, so he only had to tap his datapad to the vendor's register for payment. He received two colored poofballs of sugar in exchange.

"Blum for the lady," he announced, passing her cotton candy. "If this is your first time, then you're in for a treat."

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a certain pleasure in being submerged in water, she had swum out into the water quite some ways, taking repeated attempts at swimming down to the deeper ocean floor, Her style, and skill at swimming was excellent, moving like a worm, and maximizing her thrust. In a way, she had lied to get her. Valentines wasn't for her, it wasn't her cup of tea, but there was an opportunity to train somewhere that wasn't home, not to mention this place was quite frankly stunning. As she sat down there, criss-cross on the floor of the ocean, she could still see straight up at the sky, those moons offering a feeling of serenity that was refreshing. She began to feel the sudden pressure that came along with a lack of oxygen. She grimaced, moving to her feet, and using the Force within her to get a proper kick from the ocean floor. She catapulted, then allowed momentum to gracefully allow her to break the surface, breathing in deeply as she did so.

Twelve minutes on one breath, without using the Force it wasn't bad, but she knew she could do better. For a while she waddled there, glancing at the beach, and at her clothes, which held her saber hidden within. Not that she thought anyone would steal her things, but... Stranger things had happened. For now she just swam about, diving, and breaching; mentally preparing herself for another attempt at the depths.

Is Ascending In Power
Being in the Silver Jedi for a few months now, the former gladiator hated the regimented lifestyle he had adapted. Everywhere he went, there were more rules and regulations than the US tax code. In comparison to his old lifestyle, the Hutts and allowed him to have much more freedom in what he needed to do.

Even then, he never questioned his choice to become a Jedi. But he felt that he needed to calm down. Bringing with him a surfboard, he hoped the waves would pick up today. For most of his life, surfing had been one of his favorite activities, and it was one of the things that kept him sane through the trials he endured throughout his life.

Approaching the water, he saw people from all walks of life here. There were as many boats in the water as they were people. Looking around, the he run to the water carrying his surfboard and swimming shorts. It was time to have some fun.

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

Finley Dawson

There was no acknowledgment. None whatsoever. Unless she counted his gentle reassurance that he would pay...which was the exact opposite of her sneaky intent. If her little mind trick didn't work, how did this not backfire in her face? Was he aware of her failed attempt and said nothing? Was he unaware? Did she mess up?

The confused Padawan retained the smile on her face, but her glassy-eyed stare at the fluffy treat as it was handed to her hinted at the mental gymnastics she was doing. All over some cotton candy... It wasn't that surprising to anyone who intimately understood her. She was more ambitious than she seemed, and had the tendency to fixate on personal blunders, especially related to her control of the Force.

"Ah, mm...thank you!" There was a slight hesitation in her words, but then she immediately bit into the sticky cloud and tore off a piece. Little wisps of sugary fluff wiggled in the air as she chewed, sticking to the corners of her mouth. Her eyes lit up at both the taste and texture.

"Ohh, this is good. Better than a hot dog!" She grinned in jest. The hot dogs they tried in the past had been just fine, but it was hard to compare to pure, flavored sugar. "But it's okay, I'll still try the corn dog. Just for you."

Twirling in front of him, she'd stop him in his tracks and look up with a mouth full of dissolving sugar. Expression nothing short of serious concentration. "I'm paying for the corn dogs." There was even another hand wave, one that was much less subtle. This time, it was meant as a joke. She may have looked like she was trying to brainwash him with laser-beam eyes, but he'd detect nothing through the Force.

Hey, one way or another, he was going to let her repay his kindness. It wasn't about the credits, anyway. They were miniscule. It was the gesture itself.

Objective: Speed Date

As the twins looked around, they noticed a familiar person walk in, notable being an organic without shoes. They would soon get up, walking over to see who it was.

“Oh? Kaaba, she’s the one from Kashyyyk.”

“Oh. Uh.... Hi. I honestly have no idea what the heck to do at one of these....”

“You don’t have to say it, bro....”

Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

Dak Hobson

D

ALL THE GALAXY IS A STAGE… AND IT’S SHOWTIME!
DeepImpoliteDassierat-small.gif

Tour Stop: Zeltros
How’s the crowd?: Pretty good! Enjoying themselves.
How did you get there?:
The Golden Wings
Whatcha’ playin’?: A whole lotta love songs.

Who are you playing to?: Silver Jedi.

Okay, so I'm headlining a charity event for some other Jedi. Didn't think that I would ever do a concert of romance and dwang for Jedi, what with the "attachment" thing and all. I don't mind, it's fun to do and all. Besides, even Jedi, we deserve a night off here and there. I mean, I know we're supposed to be "on" at all times. I mean, I am an assignment for the Obsidian right now, but I'm still having fun doing it, and it's not like I am here with any real suspicion or problem. I like these guys, they're "old school" at least for the most part. I mean, I'm not, and never will be, but I can respect that.

There are mostly Padawans out here, man that Togruta looks like she could pass off as a cinnamon roll, what... wait are those the famous "sand people" of Tatooine? Wow, I have to get the tour there. That will be a fun show, hot, and probably windy, but fun nonetheless. The boys are having fun too, it's not too often we take requests from the audience, but we were requested to play "piano bar" style for an hour before going back to our normal sets. There's a high concentration of Silvers here, hope things don't go south. Either way, this is proving to be a fun night. This is the way a Jedi should be.

TGV.gif

The twins both seemed to give a bit of happiness that Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri didn’t seem to bring much attention to the awkward introduction. And now they had a name to the face. They really hadn’t introduced themselves had they? The pair looked at each other, then nodded before speaking.

“Nice to meet you Kuxirea. I’m Mi Menduge.”

“And I’m Kaaba Menduge.” Mi would then seem to nudge her brother a little, earning her a glance from him. “So, you’re a Padawan right?”

Finley Dawson

F
n2CCwiR.gif

Any anxiety that Sadira may have been experiencing had seemingly evaporated at this point, the woman practically busting out pirouttes as she played with her cotton candy. Finley just snickered at her antics casually following to ensure she didn't bump into anyone. Like any good spun confection, with each bite, the flavored sugar dissolved right on his tongue like a cloud.

He could not deny her judgement that the premium cotton candy trounced random hot dogs of mystery meat.

When she offered to pay for the corn dogs when they got to those, he certainly wouldn't refuse. In fact, it was a good sign that she at least wanted to go 50/50 on everything. There were some perks to taking another Jedi on a date.

"Hmm, you'll get your chance, but before eat too much, let's try some games."

Just beyond the food stands there were several rows of booths set up featuring various kids of games. Ostensibly, they were meant as a test of strength and dexterity, but the streetwise Corellian knew they were more like rigged games of chance, some just outright scams. Still they were no less fun to play, if you knew what you were doing.

"There's a good one to start," Finley noted, pointing to a line of suspended vertical hoops. "You just toss a ball through the rings. Could win one of those stuffed plushies on seven straight shots."

Last edited by a moderator:
The twins thought to themselves, trying to think if they had met another Lervon on Kashyyyk. They had seen someone, but they didn’t really meet them. Kaaba ended up rubbing the back of his head, mimicking the nervous action of organics, while Mi closed her eyes and shook her head a little. Why her brother didn’t like being around people it was still a bit annoying.

“I’m not sure either of us know anyone named Ura.” Kaaba then finally managed to speak up again, if still nervously.

“And... yeah. We aren’t. After the Bryn attacked Yurb we kind of... snuck our way to Kashyyyk.”

Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom