Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver Salutations [SJO]

Charlie paused for a moment as she held everything and looked at her Master who seemed to be teasing her. Pressing her lips together in a pout she shook her head and held the plates close to her body. “I ate your portion on the way over.” The pout melted into a smile as she offered a full plate to her Master. The beer was avoided and Charlie raised an eyebrow as to why. Now that she had her second hand, she could pop the top and take a smell of the brownish liquid on the inside. Nostrils twitching, Charlie reared back for a moment and then looked at Jyoti. Maybe there was a reason the woman didn’t take to it, still Charlie was learning about this life outside of her former temple so she took a big sip of it.

It smelled like yummy bread, but it did not taste like yummy bread. The brown liquid coated her mouth and she swallowed hard. Her face twisting in absolute disgust as she coughed into her elbow trying to not be as embarrassing as she usually was. Her nose and face showed her dislike of the beverage and she looked around for another table and put them there. Someone would want them, maybe. Eating, she waved her hand towards the plates and commented to her Master who had teased her about the food. “I couldn’t eat both even if I tried.” Her eating habits had calmed down now that she was acclimated to having food whenever she desired. The half-starved padawan was looking healthy finally.

While she ate carefully with the fork she had recently learned to use, she looked at the spooky woman that was with them and she did her best to keep her focus on her food. Remembering how Jyoti greeted the woman, Charlie quickly nodded with her mouth full of the mushroom dish her Master had made. The three of them remained where they were when Charlie out of the corner of her eye watched a blonde woman come up to Jyoti. The exchange was odd and Charlie looked back and forth between them as they spoke. This was someone that Jyoti knew, Charlie tried to think if the woman had been mentioned, but she drew blanks. A smile flashed towards the blonde as the padawan waited to be mentioned – if she wasn’t it was nothing, she was occupied and remained quiet.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Kaili Talith"]

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] // [member="Charlie"] // [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

It was mutual, really. Kaili hadn’t been one to actively seek Jyoti out on account for the fact that she had held her responsible for every single thing that had happened to Allyson in her time with the Alliance. It wasn’t a weight that was hers to carry, or at least that’s what Kaili had come to realize with time. It was the irrational disdain based on something that Jyoti in the end had no way of knowing or stopping. If anything Kaili should have been glad someone from the Alliance, or associated thereof, even seemed to come and visit the Corellian.

Focusing on the latter had made life easier in the end, and to that end she had decided that perhaps the time had come for Kaili to swallow her pride and do what she ought to have done months ago.

“I haven’t spoken to anyone else yet-” Kaili spoke but stopped herself. “Oh, you meant…”

A nervous chuckle forced her teeth to expose in a lopsided grin.

“I like it.” She said albeit without the same smile that Jyoti was putting on. Kaili had put enough faked ones to know one when she saw one. “You don’t have to lie to me, Master Nooran. I haven’t been kind to you and it’s…”

The words just stopped coming. Kaili closed her eyes, took a deep breath and tried again.

“And it’s alright to acknowledge that. You should.” She spoke, her half-smile turning into a frown. “And that’s why I am here too.”

Eyes fell on the padawan next to them and the fourth member of the conversation before inevitably going back to Jyoti again.

“You were there for Allyson when I wasn’t, and when the Alliance seemingly refused.” Kaili said and clutched her arm trying not to avert her eyes from the conversation and run away. “And…”

Kaili tried to speak again but found herself at a lack of words. Her arm began to stroke up and down along her arms to offer herself a sense of security for what she was about to say. It wasn’t that it was hard to say, at least not in theory. The idea had been truly dwelled upon in silence before she got here and now that it was time she felt like her tongue would begin to twist and turn unless she spoke.

“And I wanted to say that I am sorry.” Kaili said and almost felt herself glide out of her own body to observe the small crowd from above. The blood in her veins felt like they turned to ice and she felt the panic grow. “Even if,” She began and looked at the others with a somewhat distant glance. “I… Might have picked the wrong place and time.”

The blood drained from her face. “Sorry about that too.”

It was nice to hear that both Sukai and Tana where doing well, both with their odd quirk would be hard to keep track of, even if their masters where more unorthodox. "I must thank you for taking them in to train, I was more worried that my presence here would be unwelcome, so far everyone had been tolerating, not what I expected bu welcome never the least". That was one thing she liked about the Silver Jedi, even if the order was ridiculed for being militaristic and hypocrites to the Jedi way of life they gave everyone a chance, they did not judge straight off the bat, letting people's action prove who they were, not simple force alignment or possible past.

She would have liked to keep talking with the Jedi master but was soon greeted to a young looking woman that had the hunger craving earlier if she was correct, joking to Jyoti about her meal, "with the way I have seen you eat today child I would not be surprised, do you have a fast metabolism, or is this type of food just not something you are very used to"? Her question may or may not have been heard as soon after posing it the Padawan tried and failed to drink a beer, the bitter flavor of the drink being quite the new and harsh taste for a seemingly unaccustomed tongue, it earned at least a small smirk from the stoic Dark Jedi Master. "Is it t0o strong for you child? tis not a drink one can get used to right away, took me serval years to like it, and even then it is not a drink I have often", she replied to the youngster named [member="Charlie"] who just responded with a sort of evasive stare, guess not every Jedi was so welcoming. Either that of the Padawan was just not use to public gatherings, a small wave in the force indicating a small amount of anxiety and nervousness coming from the black haired girl.

Still that did not incite the amount of awkwardness that seemed to more or less come out of nowhere as a woman by the name of [member="Kaili Talith"] went on some emotional rank/confession that one would only see in bad holo films. That ever her relationship with @Jyoti was it had to be a rather deep one, making herself feel like an extra wheel on a date or something similar, 'should I say something or just stand here? I would rather not interrupt such a moment, but simply sitting around like this... feels awkward". Once again Kurenai's lack of social experience coming into play, a problem that age could never fix, only experience.

Her smile faded as she was left blinking in surprise.

At that moment, Allyson was brought front and center in the conversation, she kissed the easy day she had planned goodbye. In the corner of her vision, she found Kurenai looking lost as she probably was. She was a discreet woman, even among her fellow Jedi, finding such public displays of distress uncomfortable, to say the least.

She closed her eyes, clasping her hands as she considered a response. There were a lot of things she wanted to say at the moment as she was slightly irked, but she held her tongue as none of the first words that came to mind were pleasant and she wasn't looking to cause a scene in front of all the new impressionable members of the Silver Order.

Eyes open again, she trained her silver gaze on Kaili, expression somber.

"Master Talith...I think it may be more appropriate to continue this conversation in private, but I will say this now: I understand your feelings. No apologies necessary. The important thing is that she's now safe and sound, while you're here supporting her in a new chapter of her life. Both of your lives. We can't waste time fretting about the past, or we can never appreciate what we have before us."

She offered a hand to shake, hoping that she had diffused the situation for the moment and try to salvage the rest of her afternoon.

[member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Kaili Talith"] [member="Charlie"]

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] // [member="Kurenai Yumi"] // [member="Charlie"]

There were many expletives circulating through Kaili’s mind at that moment in regards to what she was doing and feeling. Most of them were aimed at herself for the problems she seemed to have created too. The mood in the room lowered, the darkness clouding her vision and mind began to distort reality as the embarrassment reached its peak. It felt like having been frozen just a single moment before you died and the expression on her face would without a doubt make her thoughts on the matter visible for all.

“Yes.” She said and grabbed Jyoti’s hand with a firm shake. “I will see about talking to you later.”

The hands let go of each other and Kaili backed away as if on instinct. It told her to run away and most likely cause a seen, but she stayed. Her head bobbed down once, then back up again to focus on the Jedi Master before her.

Her mouth opened to speak but her mind pained her out of it. The hand that had been raised to further stress the point fell limp by her side and she took another step back to shield herself off from the conversation.

“I’ll find you then.” Kaili said and let the frown show. “I’ve said my piece for now.”

And with that Kaili stepped away and began to make way for the door. There had to be a small, confined space where she could hide around this temple. Somewhere to just disappear before she even considered meeting up with Allyson again. What would Allyson herself even think?

The thought caused her heart to sink even further to the point where she began to feel her breath escape her.

Maybe Kaili shouldn’t have done this in the end.

The spooky looking woman made a point to say something to the padawan, Charlie looked up slightly confused as she mentioned the way she ate. Looking back down at her plate, she became even more confused. Upon arrival she had snuck a piece of each of the dishes that they had brought, then brought one of almost everything for her and Jyoti. “Uh, what do you mean how I’ve eaten today? We’ve just met…and beyond the small bites I stole earlier this is the first time I’ve eaten here. The drink wasn’t very good I thought it was going to taste like bread.” Charlie began to feel slightly uncomfortable and took a couple of steps closer to Jyoti.

Social settings were something the Padawan was getting used to. Jyoti knew a lot of people so Charlie found herself on several occasions surrounded by people. At first, it was overwhelming and she comforted herself with snacks – mostly so people wouldn’t talk to her because she was eating. When that stopped working she engrossed herself into her handheld video game, but that received some disappointed looks from her Master. Time continued and Charlie was starting to feel better around people, becoming more and more accustomed to being Jyoti’s padawan.

Charlie watched the interaction between Jyoti and Kaili, she knew better than to ask the question of ‘Who was that?’ Especially in public since she picked up on the awkwardness between them. Maybe after the potluck, when she shows Jyoti the swiss rolls she made – she’ll ask what this was all about. The blonde woman walked away and Charlie felt the silence that fell between everyone, getting uncomfortable again with the silence, she smiled and took a bite of the mushroom. “Master, so uh what did you put in the mushrooms? They’re tasty.”

[member="Kaili Talith"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

Perhaps Kurenai should have rephrased the question, the girl was rather young and inexperienced, it sort of reminded Kurenai of herself 850 years ago, one that became embarrassed easily or was just not good around others. "I guess a better way of saying it was that I have heard a bit about you, and that teasing you did with your master, well let us just say I believe it, but that does not answer my question child, why do you eat so much, surely the Silver Jedi do not starve you". Unless she was the type to trained so much that she skipped out on proper meals, but it would not be the first time Kurenai ran into a black hole stomach person before. "Though if I am making your uncomfortable just say, it would be unfortunate for me to cause you any anxiety I know my presence can be a little intimidating", in more ways then one, a many people jealous of the woman's assets and 'assets'.

Eventually Master [member="Kaili Talith"] said farewell to the group, for better or worse, though in all honesty Kurenai had no real idea how to gauge the situation, her eye keeping an eye on the woman until she left the vicinity. "Well that was interesting, anyways it was nice to meet you [member="Jyoti Nooran"], perhaps if you would permit me I could hold classes for student in instructing them how to resist the dark side, in this day and age temptation is very much present, wouldn't you say". It would also allow her to spend more time with Sukai and Tana, not being much free time due to military exercises and mission.

Appearance: https://static.zerochan.net/Lady.Maria.of.the.Astral.Clocktower.full.2136330.jpg

Narcissa has found it prudent to also attend this gathering, having been invited due to her affiliations with the Silver Jedi Order and her financial and social influence. She had been told that she was to bring some form of beverage of foodstuff for the various guests to eat. So she had acquired a portable freezer box and placed some Poire belle Hélène inside. To those unfamiliar, Poire belle Hélène was a desert composed of pears, ice cream and chocolate syrup. It was quite difficult to find the perfect blend, however Narcissa was sure these were up to the greatest of standards.

She arrived in a luxury ship, appearing in the airspace and settling down quickly. Descending down the ramp and heading towards the building. Narcissa was clothed in her usual trench coat, below she was choosing to sport a silk jacket, alongside a thin white scarf. The rest of her attire remained the same. Behind her was a butler, dressed in an impeccable suit, whom was also tasked with carrying the icy container that cooled her exquisite desert. She waved him off, leaving the Butler to locate and deposit the food at some location or another.

Narcissa had one woman in mind to contact, she had heard that a fellow Echani had gathered here. Considering her personality, Narcissa was much more likely to interact and get along with the woman. Stretching out her senses, she would soon zero in on the person of interest and begin striding towards them at a reasonable pace. With an intimidating height of nearly two meters, Narcissa stood heads above most regular people, making her approach fairly obvious to someone even minorly observant.

Narcissa arrived in the group of individuals, however she only had eyes for her fellow Echani, seeing no reason to interact with the others. Their species was more physical than most, so the woman stepped in front of her to garner her attention. She remained still for a moment, before extending her arm and bowing to the woman, her right arm crossing her chest as she bowed.

“Pleased to meet you. I am Narcissa.”

Jyoti braced for the worse as she felt Kaili seething after she backed away, small twitches of aggression from the blonde indicating that was almost ready to turn a tense conversation into a full-blown confrontation. Fortunately for everyone, the blonde disappeared almost as quickly as she had entered the scene.

Though Kaili made it clear that it wasn't over between them.

Just peachy.

She sighed once the blonde disappeared from view, looking at Charlie who appeared just as confused she was. She was half a mind to call up Allyson to get a clamp on her woman, but the Echani wanted to go back to having a good time and deal with the issue another time.

"That was...a troubled woman," she answered simply and left it at that.

Kurenai asked her about the possibility of providing instruction on resisting the Dark Side. The Shadow wasn't opposed to the idea - she might as well make use of all Dark Siders from the Confederacy and learn about their ways from their perspective to gain greater insight into her true enemies.

"Our students would certainly benefit from it. I think something could be arranged if you could provide some details on what you want to discuss."

As she awaited an answer from Kurenai, a stranger popped up with a polite greeting. An Echani like her. She could tell by her looks, similar creamy features that just about all Echani shared as a race. She was strong in the Force, and carried herself like a seasoned warrior, indicating that she definitely wasn't a greenhorn.

She would test that theory soon enough, in that special Echani way of violent bonding.

There was something nice about seeing another Echani, even if the Jyoti only existed as a facsimile. She smiled, offering a hand to shake.

"The pleasure is all mine. I'm Jyoti. Where are you from?"

[member="Narcissa Tallhart"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Charlie"] [member="Kaili Talith"]

Draven squinted as he stepped out into the blinding light of the gardens, and slowly it came fading into view, the lush beautiful plants, and more importantly, the fact that it was packed with people. The Jed Knight had awoken in the morning, scar running down his face and neck burning as if it was afire. Draven had to take a moment to steady himself before slowly standing up and dressing himself in his quarters. The jedi today was dressed in a simple tunic, and knee high soft boots, nothing special, but the simple dress uniform which could easily be worn anywhere.

The man sometimes still felt like a boy. Especially here. His mind was still struggling to pick its self up, piece its self together after the night before where it had shattered its self upon the rocks of memories. His seething blue eyes burned under his brow as the Jedi watched the people walk about and commingle in the lush, and beautiful setting. He found a tree, and put his back to it, simply watching, a small smile on his lips as he did so, he noticed the newly arrived trench coat clad woman, she looked oddly out of place in the garden, but Draven simply slid his eyes to the woman she was shaking hands with, the smile on his face remaining there, but not reaching his eyes. The man's mind was elsewhere.

That night he had thrown himself back and forth in his small cot, letting out cries like a babe in the night. The pits were all he could think about ever since his injury. Draven gently slid his hand down to his right side, and winced at the feeling of the bloody bandages underneath the robes. The images of that pit in the ground were never ending. The mud and blood mixing underneath foot as the other boy looked at him darkly from across the tight arena which had been clawed out of the earth and mud. And when the roar sounded, they had battled. With each blow that landed a flash of anger spasmed out into Draven's mind, one, two, three, until finally Draven snapped back to the real world. He forced his eyes to focus, his anger to pinpoint and be stowed away quietly. The Knight tried to think about something else, quickly finding that it was simply easier to engage with the general public.

Draven had sensed a dark presence in the garden, but the Knight assumed that if it was of any threat, the others would have sabers drawn already. Nonetheless, his broad saber's hilts swung from his hips heavily, and the weight felt cold against his hip, burning through his clothes. The weapons of death which Draven was burdened with. The Knight moved out from underneath the rustling, and whistling leaves, and out into the bright sunlight. Squinting up, he looked at the clear blue sky, enjoying the sight of clouds drifting across it. It was truly a beautiful day.
[member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Narcissa Tallhart"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] @Charlie @Kaili Talith

Oh, why had he decided to come to this? He never did well in social situations, especially these... Gatherings. Yet, Jyoti seemed adamant he come to them, and get past this whole social awkwardness thing. He didn't quite understand why she insisted, but well... He wasn't going to cross the Master Of The Order, he supposed. Was a position he'd held himself, once upon a time in a faction far far away. Though he more liked being the Blademaster more... Fit him better. He was a fighter, it was what he did.

As he walked in though, he soon caught sight of Master [member="Jyoti Nooran"] seeming to be in a confrontation with another. He didn't intervene, at least... Not yet. As the altercation would cease and she would move to speak with someone else, he considered asking for her welfare. He found she was too occupied for that for the time being, so instead he would simply lean against a surface nearby and gaze about, curious as to his next course of action. Funny how devising a strategy of sorts was needed even here.

Narcissa stretched out her right hand and met Jyoti’s to perform a firm and respectable handshake. At the same time she straightened her posture and gave the woman a utterly genuine smile in return.

“My full name is Narcissa Tallhart and I am from the planet of Kiribi. We’re fairly established there.”

She made no mention of the significant wealth or influence they she amassed, elitist or not, Narcissa did not do something as unladylike as bragging when in such a new setting. With her introductions over, she released the woman’s hand then moved it with her other to fold behind her back- just parallel to her navel.

Narcissa rotated on her right leg and beheld the rest of the people assembled in the room, especially those which were in close proximity to her. One arm unfolded her behind her back as she gestured towards her fellow Echani in a way that would clearly indicate ‘Introduce me please?. With her non-verbal flourish concluded, she turned and set a decidedly more forced smile in the direction of her company. One of them seemed young, untrained and unrefined, but perhaps which great potential. It wasn’t unheard of for Echani to teach, but this woman definitely had a unique student if that was the case.

[member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Charlie"] [member="Kaili Talith"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Troubled woman. Charlie blinked a few times and then watched Kaili Talith finish her leave. Being around her Master for a bit now, she had learned some of the subtle hints of the woman’s mood. Things weren’t going as she had planned and the young K’paur felt bad, mostly not knowing how to improve her Master’s mood. Being able to remain silent, Charlie finished her plate of food and then tucked her plater now under her Master’s which remained mostly untouched. Lips pressed together tightly as she wondered if Jyoti would ever be able to eat today.

The spooky woman spoke to her again and Charlie forced an awkward smile. She answered and sighed softly afterwards. “They do not. Seems my initial arrival seems to have left an unfavorable impression on people. That’s fine.” Charlie looked towards the others that were at the potluck. It seemed she was a topic unpopular enough for even someone’s mother to hear about her. Things were on the upswing for her life, there was no reason to let other’s bother her.

Another woman showed up and Charlie braced herself for another awkward moment, but it seemed like this time around it was going to be different. Charlie stared and looked up at the tall woman, she seemed like the tallest person the padawan had ever seen. Remembering that staring was not polite, her eyes quickly averted towards others that had shown up. One man seemed to be troubled by something and the other looked like a hero from the past. Either way, the padawan remained quiet until she felt some attention on her. Looking slowly towards the tall Echani woman, chocolate colored eyes blinked slowly. There was silence and then the padawan spoke quietly and gave a small wave to the tall Echani woman.

“Hi.”

[member="Narcissa Tallhart"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Draven Dursden"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

Public parties. They were never a place Hyonu thought he would find himself at especially during the day when research was necessary. Though his small workshop on the Rest was nothing compared to what he had on Kiribi, but there was something to always be done. The Doctor moved through the small crowd carrying a half of a wine barrel filled with apples. There was a lovely saying that spoke of apples and keeping the doctor away. Expecting such a saying to be true, Hyonu bought as many apples as he could find and plucked them into the barrel for the Jedi and their friends to eat. If they all ate an apple they wouldn’t need him and he could continue his work.

As much as he hated to be bothered, there was a kindness in his healing. It was one of the few things he felt brought him back to a simpler time and because of that he would never stop being a doctor. The barrel settled down near the table and he pulled out a cute sign that he had drawn up with a smilie face and a doctor’s stethoscope. Placing the sign onto the barrel, Hyonu then pulled out two wine bottles from a small knapsack and placed them onto the table. Opening one, he poured himself a glass of the garnet liquid then grabbed an apple to match it. He leaned against the table and glanced at the others around him. It was an interesting sort and as much as he would deny it, it felt good to be surrounded by warriors of the light and the like. He was a medic on the fields before all of this anyways. Leaving the table, he walked by the woman who were talking, two Echani, an interesting sight. He gave the group a smirk and then continued to where his target resided.

The man who was leaning against the tree moved and Hyonu followed him into the light. Standing beside the man he looked up towards where he was glancing upwards. Towards the beauty of the clouds that shifted. Being drawn in himself, the doctor wondered when he stared up at the clouds last. A hand offered the apple towards [member="Draven Dursden"] , “You feel troubled. I’m one of the new Master Healers at the Rest. Ye Hyonu – call me Hyonu or Doc, both are acceptable.” Doc never looked towards the man, but there was a bit of kindness that came off him as his stoic stare said otherwise.

[member="Charlie"] [member="Narcissa Tallhart"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

Turning to the doctor, the short knight nodded slightly, the sun casting deep shadows across his sharp and blocky features while he replied simply, "Draven." Extending a hand towards the doctor, "My troubles are deep, and not of the kind of healing which you provide. Though I appreciate such a request." Draven actually was quite sociable, and loved social events. They gave his mind something else to do rather than dwell on his past, or dig into its self, unlike many of the other socially awkward Jedi who hung around like buzzards. Draven had to smirk to himself at the thought, so many powerful knights and masters, and they were afraid of a little talking. His x-ray like eyes watched the doctor silently as he waited for a response, the knights powerful arm's muscle easily seen in the morning light.

[member="Ye Hyonu"]

Troubled? that was a understatement, that child needed a psychiatrist soon or some sort of counseling. Just because someone was a master did not mean the daily grind and mental would not get to you, that was how some major Jedi fell to the dark side. 'Note, talk to that woman again sometime, there is much to learn about her'. Kurenai turned a small head to [member="Charlie"] at the small Padawans response, cracking a small smile of her own

Kurenai was glad the Echani master was willing to consider her lessons, from what she knew another Jedi Order had put to use a Dark Jedi in teaching students how to deal with certain aspect of that side of the force, unfortunately before she was able to reply someone rather rudely barged in. [member="Jyoti Nooran"] did not seem to be at all disapproving of such blatant action, and Echani thing probably this new woman seeming to be one as well, and though usually being stoic and not too brash as of late Kurenai hated being disrespected in such a manner.

She was quite proud and tall, almost as tall as Kurenai herself, probably 10cm shorter then the Vampire, herself rather keen to put the younger into the floor, but that would not go well down here. Did not mean the strangely dressed Echani would be let off light, and such would come when the new arrival actually decided to show interest in the other people present. When the two's eye met Kurenai did not return a smile, more glaring at the white haired girl, not even offering the customary bow Atrisians where know for, "I am Kurenai Yumi, and I am not one to take kindly to rude children bragging in on conversations".

[member="Narcissa Tallhart"]

Narcissa reintroduced herself by her full name, a Tallhart from Kiribi. Jyoti perked up at that revelation. She was vaguely aware of the Tallharts, a prominent and influential family within the Union. She would be a nice ally to have, in and out of the system.

She shifted stances, making a motion as if she wanted Jyoti to introduce her to the rest of the group. An unusual gesture for Jyoti - this woman really did come from money.

Normally Jyoti would have left her hanging, but as Narcissa was a fellow Kiribian, she would oblige with an introduction.

"Everyone, this is Narcissa. She comes from an Echani enclave on Kiribi like me. Again, it's a pleasure to have you with us. How are you liking things with the Silver Order so far?"

She was curious what a wealthy woman like Narcissa was getting out of associating with the Silver Order now.

Kurenai didn't mince words, taking offense at Narcissa breaking into the conversation. Personally, Jyoti hadn't minded, always sociable, so she found Kurenai's response unnecessarily abrasive. It also hadn't escaped her attention how snippy she had been in her exchanges with Charlie, unfairly so.

In the corner of her vision, she saw a familiar face. It was Josh, fashionably late to the party, as usual, standing away from the action. In the old days, this would have been the point that Arisa dragged him into a new social encounter. Jyoti would do the same, smiling and waving him over to join her and the others. She no longer felt so insecure about her identity.

[member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Draven Dursden"] [member="Ye Hyonu"] [member="Charlie"] [member="Narcissa Tallhart"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

Josh still did not know that Jyoti was Arisa, though he would certainly be appreciative if she did tell him as much. Of course, the first thing he'd do when he finds out is give her a big hug. She deserved one after what she had been through. And he missed her dearly. More than Jyoti likely knew. Regardless, he would watch for a moment as the encounters continued and people got rather snippy for Jedi... Though he supposed with Dark Jedi and the like being allowed here, the ones being snippy might not be as much.

It seemed that she'd taken notice he was watching her though, even if he was simply doing so for a moment while he made sure she was okay. Smirking lightly when she would wave him over, he would step forward and greet her with a gentle bow of his head.

"Master Nooran" He would greet formally. It was funny, seeing as he used to call Arisa by simply "Arisa" most of the time instead, once he'd gotten to know her... "Is everything alright? I happened in when I saw a fair bit of commotion" He spoke as he would look to the others that had gathered then, and greeted them the same with a light bow of his head.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Narcissa Tallhart"]

Narcissa flickered her eyes over to this Kurenai and regarded with cool disinterest. Her eyebrow slightly cocked as she waited for her to finish her little childish rant. “So you are? Not highborn, not well educated. Likely haven’t ever met someone of that nature in your life. Bravado, dislike of those with presence. Tell me, where you once a slavegirl? You certainty have the look for it. You’ll also find I never said a word to you, I have addressed Jyoti here. Do you perhaps struggle with language too? If you wish, I could offer you one of my old tutors, thought you’ll struggle to afford their rates. Now child, I suggest you cease this drivel, before you throw yourself down a political hole that will never see the light again.”

She was done, Kurenai was now completely disregarded, a nameless girl was of no matter to her. She had come to speak with her kinsman. “Jyoti, you do keep some inferior, peasant company. I’d have thought they’d be as well mannered as you, but it seems one doesn’t quite understand.” She said softly, her pleasant and utterly genuIne smile back on her face. “I hope the rest of the Silver Jedi Order is not to this standard, but I have no further complaints.”

Inclining her head to Jyoti, she titled her head once more and regarded the newer arrival. “Ah! Another one, may I ask your name. Mine is Narcissa.” She intoned, performing a bow just the same. Unlike some, Echani of her calibre were polite, more connections could never do anyone wrong.

Charlie casted a glance towards Ms. Yumi who spoke rather sharply towards the new woman. She wasn’t surprised though, by the way that the woman had spoken to her she assumed she didn’t think highly of many. Though, Charlie was in for a surprise when the new Echani woman spoke rather sharply as well. Her words though, Charlie could feel the stab even though it wasn’t directed towards her. The exchange occured and Charlie took it as a moment to slink past them and join Jyoti’s side closely. At least she could hide behind the Master to deflect any splash damage. A hand reached out and lightly gripped the hem of her Master’s jacket – not enough to call attention to, but enough to give her a sense of security.

This potluck was getting tense, but after the words spilled and her Master had summoned Master Dragonsflame over, Charlie relaxed a little bit. Pleasantries were exchanged and Charlie looked towards the Echani woman. Not wanting any sort of fire like Kurani had gotten, Charlie gave the woman a deep sincere bow of respect. As she straightened up she looked towards both Josh and Narcissa. “I’m Charlie, Master Nooran’s padawan its nice to meet you two.” Looking towards Narcissa, she felt the urge to try and compliment the woman to further difuse any tension.

“You look really nice today Ms. Tallhart. Master Nooran has told me a lot about the Echani and Kiribi. I’m happy to have met you.” Another slight bow and she returned to Jyoti’s side, just slightly behind the Master to return to a state of quiet observation and fight the urge to run and hide.

[member="Narcissa Tallhart"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom