Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver Salutations [SJO]

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
Sukai would have given her mother a death stare at the comment but new better than that, herself sure that Kurenai's gaze could actually kill someone, old story, involved a man having a heart attack upon her sharp eye's... sent a shiver up one’s spin. Shaking her head Sukai turned attention back to [member="Ithiel Verd"], "well it is nice to see you and no I am find, cooking in this style requires a certain touch that I am afraid you may not have, don't want you to embarrass yourself". Quickly taking the spatula, she flipped the pancake like dish over before it got anymore chard, the burn stuff they could give to [member="Charlie"], she would probably eat it regardless, and it should still taste decent enough.

"Though if you want you can take these over to the table for others to sample, bust make sure 'that' Padawan does not intercept you along the way", she said with a snarky tone, pointing to Charlie. "... oh whoops forgot *ahem*, Ithiel this is my mother Kurenai Yumi, mother this is Ithiel Verd and mandalorrrr..... uh oh, I mean yes he is a Mando but you know not that same those ones... please don't kill him mother". How did she forget Kurenai's deep hatred form Mandaloirans, heck her prejudice towards them had even rubbed off on Sukai herself, though the difference was 'she' could tell the difference between a force murdering crusader and just an ordinary person?

Ikki was moving quietly, the small maid dressed jedi not giving much attention to the others as she didn't wear a lightsaber on her hip. She didn't even wear robes to show off instead maintaining the maid outfit that would serve a stronger self image of herself. Looking at some fo the food while she was moving pots and containers of additional food. Bringing in some food from the Ike family. Sweet rolls, jasmine rice that was cooked with meats and veggies, some porg meat that had been given a citrus glaze. All of it there when she looked up and saw someone then moved away quickly. There were people she knew from other members of the family. Junko's padawan's family was here and he might recognize her from the palace.

It was an invitation from [member="Kei Amadis"] to come to a celebration. She had to consider this carefully only because it would mean leaving Priya. She often looked alright and she had not zoned out very often. Patches and Zacka could watch her even if for a little while.

She bit her lip thinking. They didn't do much that constituted fun, relaxation.

"You sure you don't mind" She brushed her hair furiously, "cause I could stay" She didn't want to. She smoothed her clothing nothing special or ornate just clothes. The kind you wore for walking, pants vests, shirt...shoes...things..yeah. She looked ok..right?

These were Kei's friends, and well coworkers so...it would be good to meet them right? Right.

She finally found where she was supposed to be, and much like a cautious mother she kept looking to see if there were messages about Priya. She looked about for her husband. A deep breath, calm. focus. I can do this

She reached out and shook the hand of the man [member="Tyrell Caphey"], with a smile, "I am Coci Heaveshield, it is a pleasure to meet you", He had to be one of the Rangers by the looks of him which was a delight for her to see, that the Antarian Rangers were growing with a strong field of members in the ranks. Val had chosen a lovely day for the event, and people were starting to arrive.

A notable one was felt through the force, an old friend of her's from, a life time ago. [member="Kei Amadis"], she smile broadened as he approached, not looking a day older since they first met in the Army of Light, she had been only eighteen if a day, and Kei was the one of the leaders and busy taking the fight to the Sith. "Well look at you", she said as he threw his arms around her, she returned his embrace with full gladness of seeing her old friend. "It has been too long Kei. I hope you are well?". Heaven knows what life experiences he had over all these years. He looked well enough though, a little older around the eyes maybe, but than so did she.

"There is quite a number of Jedi and Rangers I don't know, such a great thing to see ... all these new members", and it was fantastic. As for [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]? who knew if it would get the better of him, and he would show up. Maybe the lure of Val's pie would tempt him. "Thurion is very good, thank you Kei. Busy of course .. as we all are".

“Busy we are. Things are comfortable Coci. Thanks.” Kei said with a firm grin, emphasizing the last word, in no small part thanks to her tireless efforts over the years. The familiarity of walking among a recognizing feeling if different looking crowd was an atmosphere he was used to. That was her and the other Master’s that now carried the burden legacy, he was right at home again. “How are your family? I see your son is full grown.” He remembered when the boy was still a youngling running into him! Now ready to take on the world, and had done.

[member="Tyrell Caphey"] “Kei Amadis.. Yes I’m with the order.” He took a look over the buffet, not knowing where to start, the man was right he’d be here awhile. “Been with them long?” Catching up, old faces and new.

[member="Elara Amadis"]. Seeing Elara come brought a long, happy grin. He excused himself and strode over, kissing her cheek, giving her a long hug and offering his arm to take. They didn’t often go out in public together, more informal adventures than formal days out by a long shot. Feeling her worry, “can trust them for a day.” Kei pulled back his wrist which showed his wife a large pager-like device. “Wouldn’t leave her.” Giving him a read on her sister’s location and vitals. They both worried about her.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] Walking over with his wife. “Elara, want you to meet an old friend. Coci. Saved my life.” She had in effect saved his life, as had the other Masters and Grandmasters that followed, keeping this haven alive for souls across the galaxy to call a home for how long was it now? He'd have probably died a hundred times over if this wasn't here in his heart. “Coci this is my wife and love of my life Elara.” The happiness to have his wife on his arm evident in his voice.

“Ithiel Verd.” He addressed Sukai’s mother warrior to warrior, keeping eye contact, he could tell one when he met one. Giving that respect.

Standing back beside Sukai, Embarrass him? Verd grinned, chuckled, and took a full plate. “Embarrass huh?” Young Ithiel could take on the world. He had that nothing was beyond him youthfulness. It didn’t slow him that he was probably too smart for his own good. Trying to snatch a taste of what was cooking, and probably getting his hand slapped away, he was just teasing back.

Keeping a look out for a [member="Charlie"] interception on steaming jin cooking, the suited Verd dropped off the offering, finding a place for it, and poured a glass of something bitter from a bottle he recognized. Admiring the gathering, in a strange way he thought of these people as part of his clan. At least when he was back here, crossing his arms and sipping back the taste. Loving the burn at the back of the throat, that was something that never changed no matter where you were.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"]​

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
With a gracious nod to her Master [member="Valae Kitra"] as she called the others, Stephanie turned back to one of the main tables to start taking away the covers and lids protecting the food for those to help themselves. She didn't get far when the familiar face of [member="Caelag Vass"] joined them with a sweet compliment for the Padawan.

"Oh, please," she said as she quickly sucked some jam from her finger, "I did nothing nobody else wouldn't do. We are glad to have you here, and I for one am glad my little...outburst...didn't put you off. I hope your time with us is going well?"

Behind Jedi Vass, Stephanie saw Master [member="Kei Amadis"] talking to a new face - [member="Tyrell Caphey"] - who, from the way he looked and held himself seemed to match that of [member="Valkren Calderon"] and his Rangers. She smiled to herself - the Rangers really were growing and the backbone to the Order.

To the other side, hovering by the food, was Padawan [member="Charlie"] and her Master [member="Jyoti Nooran"] in conversation. Master Nooran was marked by Stephanie - she was a Master of the Order than Stephanie hadn't interacted with much, but she wanted to change that.

The atmosphere was bursting with positive, happy energy and she was proud to be part of such an Order that was growing daily, thriving with new faces and veteran members pushing forward.

"You all heard her!" Stephanie shouted, waving people over. "The day is ours, the food is here and you're all the best! Come help yourselves!"

The Padawan lost her breath for a moment as she saw one of THE founding Masters of the Silver Jedi Order itself stood in their gardens - [member="Coci Heavenshield"] herself.

She saw Mandalorians. Pilots. Captains of industry. Soldiers. Healers. Teachers. The Order was growing and all encompassing.

It was a good day. It was a good time to be within the Silver Jedi.

[member="Bjork Corsair"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Ithiel Verd"] | [member="Samara Raine"] | [member="Varindar Asyt"] | [member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Sky'ito Yumi"] | [member="Vennic Graves"] | [member="Preliat Mantis"]

The portabella mushroom was finally in her grasp and she devoured in in a few bites. She was happy for the moment and satisfied. It was more than just the slight hunger she felt when they arrived, she wanted to be the first person to try her Master’s cooking. A part of her worried that once the tables were opened she wouldn’t be able to get to the dishes. After she finished she quickly wiped her mouth clean and made sure nothing fell on her shirt. The last thing she needed was to get caught.

The man walked by her and seemed to be avoiding her, which made Charlie a bit curious. It was interesting especially since she had never met the guy ([member="Ithiel Verd"] ) – maybe she did something along the way before this and he had been involved. He had a plate of food, maybe he was trying to avoid dropping it on her or someone else. Which would be a good thing. Either way, Charlie tried to shrug it off not really knowing what to do in the matter.

Looking around quickly, she spotted her Master and made a quickly little beeline towards her. Doing her best to look as innocent as ever, Charlie looked up at Jyoti and smiled softly. She wanted another one of those banana cream twinkies – they were becoming her favorite. “There’s a lot of people showing up. You know everyone?” Charlie knew the woman had been with the Order for some time now, she wouldn’t be ‘Master of the Order’ without having some sort of history with them. It was then the Grandmaster announced it was feasting time. Charlie made a note to add [member="Valae Kitra"] to her favorite person list.

Charlie showed some restraint as she waited for Jyoti to start heading towards the food. She would be good mostly because she did steal a sneak peek as to what was under the lids of Jyoti’s dishes. “You hungry, Master?”

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Finishing loading his plate he looked at [member="Kei Amadis"] again. ''Accually just finished basic training, so I guess I'm one of the new faces here...'' he glanced around at the people gathering.

''I've served before, though...'' Realy a story for another time. He excused Kei as he went to greet the firey orange haired woman that had just arrived. Pitching a fork from the table he mingled around the people all the while tasting the delicious treats. The high warm sun was balanced with a light breeze.

Noticing the man ([member="Preliat Mantis"]) who stod a little off the side, resembling more of his own appearance, he decided to see who it was and strolled over. The mans mood seemed not to be that one you would see on a friendly party. Much like signs he had encountered before, in the military.

''Hey, haven't you helped yourself yet? What a feast, huh?'' meaning the mans lack of a plate yet.

[member="Ithiel Verd"] was strong, looked felt and had the classic feel of a fighter, though anyone looking on could tell at a glance Kurenai far exceeded the boy, her posture, tone and general history. Though not in anyway famous she had made a small recent name for herself among the Confederacy of Independent System, having quite the military record with them. As of resent had bee promoted to a Dominus, one of the three leading Masters that headed the Confederacies Force User order called the Obsidian Knight, herself being the unquestionable leader of the Path-Finders. "Good day to you Verd, I hope everything has been going okay for you so far", she replied, her voice not carrying any emotion, plain and flat, the only real attainable aspect being the stoic monotone.

As the Mando walked away Kurenai slightly turned her head to the side as Suaki's comment, one that was in no way a joke, "Daughter I am not as rash as I used to be, but this Ithiel man has yet to show me otherwise, as such I do not trust him". Everyone had some sort of dark past, no such thing as pure innocence or good, even that [member="Charlie"] girl, despite the overly cute appearance probably had a deep dark secret or carnal desire. "I will not prevent you from talking with him, but I will advise caution Sukai... oh and your food is burning again just to let you know, don't want to kill your comrades do you"?

[member="Stephanie Swail"] - [member="Ikki Ike"]

Wow. I can't help but realize that there is someone to watch out for, she thought, while referring to @Charlie. And yet, now that the hotel's restaurant was large enough to include two or three more Atrisian meals, given the numerous requests for additional Atrisian meals, she took a plate to first sample okonomiyaki, as served by [member="Sky'ito Yumi"], and also the jasmine rice with veggies and Porg meat with citrus glaze, brought by a maid ([member="Ikki Ike"]). While making sure that there would still be room left to eat, well, a slice of the Skor cake. And [member="Kurenai Yumi"] seemed to be the first to take a slice of the Skor cake, while [member="Bjork Corsair"] eyed the wide variety of foods on display. She definitely found the Porg meat to be more appetizing than okonomiyaki, but maybe she'd just approach the maid cautiously so that she could inquire about the recipe. Not that she would cook it for herself - she would never dream of doing that, preferring to stick to protein shakes and pasta, or perhaps ramen/Phu pho - just for the hotel kitchen to prepare for it if needed. Especially given the vagaries of ingredient procurement for which the executive chef is responsible.

"I liked the jasmine rice with veggies and Porg meat; would you please tell me its recipe?"

When it raines, it pours.
The apprentice healer's golden head turned and sea green orbs settled on a young man who had just placed of bottle of something fruity from the label onto the buffet table near her fruit platter. He quickly introduced himself and offered his hand in greeting.

"Samara Raine," the honey blonde replied with a small smile as she returned the handshake. But before anything else could be conversed, [member="Ithiel Verd"] turned away and called to another he seemed to know.

"Yes, everything certainly does look good," Sam mumbled to herself; the padawan's blue-green gaze returning to the spread of food on the table. Who knew Jedi were such culinary artists?

Samara picked up one of her prepared fruit kabobs, being good at least for now, then she began to walk around the perimeter of the gathering just watching and observing who all was there while eating her sweet and healthy treat.

If only though she had grabbed a napkin before walking away from the table as the fruit was ripe and juicy...

Ellion Corsair

E
Sitting in the Captain's chair he sighed as he looked at the trees through the cracked viewport. The ship had seen some hard times, just as the captain had. Crashing on Kashyyyk was mirrored by the abrupt entry into the new timeline of an alternate reality for him. Both were painful, both were unexpected, both left them uncertain of their future.

Lightly tapping the armrest he finally stood and left the cockpit to make his way through the ship that had been more of a home for him then any other place. The past was gone, so distant that it didn't seem possible that it would ever hold bearing on his existence. The future was an unknown. But here in the present he at least had an idea of what to do. The same thing he had always done. Make a difference one day at a time.

Snagging his vest as he passed the cabin he slipped it on and paused to look upon his gunbelt. Thinking for a moment he shrugged and grabbed it as he left the ramp, tossing it around his waist and cinching it tight. Each holster was tied low in either thigh. Moving through the trees he felt the slight sway of his hilt at his back and wondered, not for the first time, what had happened to all those he had once served with, those he had called friend, brothers and sisters in the Order.

As he entered the festivities he paused at the edge and looked at these new group of people who carried the title of Jedi. How would they compare to the ones he had known? Would they be a militant organization like the Order on Yinchorr or instead be like the Order he had been a member of. Time would tell or so it seemed.

Easing into the group he made his way to where the drinks were set up, his typical swagger always a thing on display.

"Yes Théo is well, and all grown up. I am surprised he is not here today, although he may not have returned from Midvinter just yet". Her son divides his time between the two duties he has in his life, which she worries about because he has always spread himself thin. Then Kei said something surprising to her. "I don't know about saving your life Kei, I think you did that on your own", yet she acknowledged the compliment with a smile and nodded of gratitude.

He introduced a beautiful lady he had returned to her with on his arm, his wife and Coci was pleased to see that some good things had happened to her old friend in the years they had not seen each other from day to day. "It is a pleasure to meet you Elara, it is good to see Kei has someone to keep things steady for him". It is always nice to have someone in your life that is there for love and support, especially in this galaxy when more often that not, things can turn bad in an instant. Having someone that truly loves you is a constant that will help anyone through the harder times.

"Shall we get something to eat before it all vanishes", she could see others gathering around the wonderfully laid tables, enjoying the fare that others had provided for the occasion and it all smelled so good.

Coci picked up the plates, handing them around to the people closest to her, Kei and Elara would be the first to receive theirs, before she could start to pile her own plate. At the end of the table were the deserts, which she would revisit later, if there was anything left that was.

[member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Elara Amadis"]

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
Sukai let out a small sigh, managing to save the food she was cooking, but also relived that her mother had not decided to kill Verd here and now, maybe it was due to him being part of the same clan as Darth Metus? What ever the case the food was ready for serving, Sukai picking up a few plate and taking her over to the table, giving a small bow when passing [member="Varindar Asyt"] and [member="Ikki Ike"], having seen the hotel owner sample some of her cooking. It was nice to see she did not immediately throw up, it must have been at least decent she would only need to spend the next 40 years until she could master every variant of the dish.

Once she had finished serving the food Sukai wandered back over to [member="Ithiel Verd"], "sorry if my mother comes off cold, she had not had the best past with Mandaloiran, it is kind of hard to explain but just don't take it personally". "After you get to know her mother is quite nice", though it would not be easy. but if any person could handle Kurenai's intense personality it would be a Mando. "so how have you been since our last meeting Ithiel? done some training or what not? get a master yet"? She replied sampling the array of food positioned neatly all over the long feasting like table, some how Charlie not eating everything in sight already.

Preliat's eyes drifted. A few faces he recognized, a few he knew in passing. A hand rested on his chin, but his analytical, hawk like trance was broken by the words of the Jedi, [member="Valae Kitra"].

Amber eyes drifted over and he broke into a slight smile.

"The pleasure is all mine, Master Jedi."

He said politely, his voice staying in it's low volume, as usual. He watches as the plethora of Jedi assembled, noticing his appearance set him apart. Jedi were lean, pretty people. He was a rough looking man, bulk in mass and harsh of gaze.

He heard a voice break the silence around him. A soldier. A man of purpose and poise. He too, stood out from the others here. He smiled and poured him a drink, handing it to him. He hoped he was ready for it. Few Mandalorians liked the effects of Tihaar. Most used it to clean engines.

Preliat gave no warning as to the strength of the brew he offered the man. Preliat carried an accent in basic, one stemming from years as a Mandalorian and speaking nothing but Mando'a and Epicant.

"I have yet to make my move onto the feast. Rest assured, I shall."

[member="Tyrell Caphey"]

Res'uul made his way into the gathering, as he was nearby, and figured beforehand that he would stop by a store or a vendor and buy something, that of which he had done. It was nothing extravagant, just an apple pie. Which, as he walked further in, he made the astute (or perhaps not so) observation that there were quite a few of them. "I stop to show my support for this gathering, and the interest in the whole Order, and I'm bringing something everyone has already brought.. Well, not everyone.. Perhaps this is a good thing.." The Sith merely hoped that his foreign features would not set him out as an enemy. He wore his standard boots, pants, tunic (although to him, it appeared more to be a shirt) and cloak that he made himself, all in varying earth tones. He felt a comfort in the color, much like his comfort in the Light. Even now, it flowed through him, and penetrated everything, as it was known to do.

'Now I wait..' The young Sith thought to himself, as he set down his pie in an open spot among the others, and stepped back into the crowd.

Kurenai kept a close eye on her daughter as she walked over to the table, more so when the girl started interacting with the Mando once again, but ultimately let it go for now, after all it would be best to mingle with the Jedi here, make her face more well known. After all, with the CIS and SJO a getting closer Kurenai found herself vising the Silver Rest more and more often, would be awkward if one day her dark side signature was sensed and she found herself staring down the barrel of a blaster. taking a few steps forwards Kurenai's gaze looked upon the different attendees, most already engaged in conversation of some sort, aside from one newcomer, a little late and from the looks of thing a Sith, the native inhabitants of Korriban.

Now it was not that Kurenai did not think a Sith could become a Jedi, it would be a little hypocritical considering her heritage, more the fact he seemed new, that is what came across as intriguing, their world being under Sith Order rule for at least the last 6 years. First the now defunct Resurgent Empire then conquered by the new Sith Empire, meaning that this person must have left the world at least 7 years ago, or somehow made it way out of the warning out rim and to the inner worlds. Regardless the boy seemed lost, out of place, perhaps thought of prejudice from the other Jedi made the red skinned alien feel uncomfortable, 'well now we can't have that can we'?

As the Sith started to back into the crowd a looming shadow would appear above him, Kurenai standing over the child, arms crossed but not in a threatening manner, more an observing tone to her posture, a clear interest in the woman's face. "Hello there... you are a new face, I am certain my children would have told me about a Sith'ari among the Silver Jedi, your froce signature is also not that strong, a Padawan are you"?

[member="Res'uul Tevin"]

Chewing down the last pieces of the delicious meatball that someone brought he gladly accepted the drink offered to him by the man, [member="Preliat Mantis"]. It was clear tho? As he was about to take a sip, a strong aroma gave it away as not being water. When he took the sip one could see a held-back struggle to cope with the punch beverage.

''That's... that's good...! Thanks!'' he could muster up between the struggles. He could drink all sorts of beverages but this was something he had never encountered before. Effects dissipated after a moment and with the help of some dry snacks and dip. Cracking a smile to the man. ''Man, that's something! You brought it?''

He took a quick moment gazing at the increasing number of people at the party. A good blend of both genders. Few were alien species, though. If it was chance or anything else he didn't know. One of the women ([member="Kurenai Yumi"]) demanded a slightly longer glance as she could almost be compared to a wookiee in size, though! Man, a few inches more and there you had it! Noticing the blonde woman ([member="Samara Raine"]) in a tunic that she wore very well, she was pretty he couldn't deny that! And where was [member="Valae Kitra"]? He had to thank her for the invitation, having met her just briefly when he got introduced to the Order.

''Name's Tyrell, by the way.'' he said and offered a handshake after setting the powerful drink down on the table beside them. He noticed the mans unusual accent. ''Where you from?''

Giving the newly arrived man ([member="Ellion Corsair"]) a friendly greeting nod as he approached the drinks table where they stood.

"Well, not yet, but I'd like to be. I feel a strong calling here, unlike many of my brethren. I just haven't found the right person to undergo training with yet. I've had people throw books at me every chance they get, even on the first meetings.. And while I understand that is a Jedi thing to do, I have not even begun yet." The young Sith'ari was not uncomfortable by any means, but he did feel unnerved at this woman's curiosity. He wasn't the first Sith to become a Jedi, and he probably wouldn't be the last. His people were often remembered for their violence and unforgiving natures, but Res'uul wanted to be different, to prove that he wasn't like all of his other kind before him. Nonetheless, he did answer the woman's question and waited for any further ones.

[member="Kurenai Yumi"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom