Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver Salutations [SJO]

Heavenshield. Well considering the situation, very thoroughly explained by the eager [member="Stephanie Swail"], it was expectable. But that didn't change that now Theo could theoretically learn she'd moved onto the SJO. She would have to avoid interacting with [member="Coci Heavenshield"] too much, lest... Well that plan was out the window literally ten seconds into developing it. Good lord. She didn't reveal her sudden discomfort, she even managed to keep her signature in the Force from fluctuating too much, offering a small smile to both women kindly. "Worry not Miss Swail, you were very informative." Now to the matter of Missus Heavenshield...

"As much as I can. Far from my usual choice of activity but I am not one to complain." At least not much, and not enough to stick in Coci's mind and get effectively tattled on to her son. Much as she enjoyed her friend's company he would be far too excited that she had come over to the SJO. The boy might get the wrong idea. Now all that was left was to hope Stephanie didn't start regaling Caelag's life story to Coci and the day might pass smoothly. Though knowing her luck, fortune would not be kind to her.

Walking Weapons Platform
There was a Houk somewhere in the background. Legend has it for some storytellers, there was always a Houk somewhere in the background, but more on that another time. The Houk Ratio had gone up by 1 here, as more of his old buddies joined the Rangers, their sizeable bulk wasn’t completely uncommon around their Ranger mountain base and occasionally on visits to the temple. Today he was in some more flexible padded grey-green clothes, which went tight around his ample arms, legs and belly.

Houk fire teams in the future for regular use? Maybe so, that was a scary thought of a unit of the big 7ft or 8ft tall monstrosities eating away at your rations. Which is what Vertigo was doing at the end of the buffet, chowing down. He’d brought a large bowl of his own hunted game from around Kashyyyk, stewed up and prepared a day in advance. Spiced and salted, he’d gone all out, it smelled pretty good. Not as good as uncle tuks own home stew, but not bad if a bit peppery.

Heaving the gigantic steaming bowl of stew on the table and taking a man sized bowl in his giant hand, he piled it high with salad, stew, and them some dessert on top of it. No real order to the grub, but it looked alright, if oddly mismatched. Dex took up a seat somewhere off at the side of a small wall near everyone and carried on feasting. Only raising his head between gulps to rumble a hello to anyone passing. By his side he had the biggest bottle of Corellian ale known to man. Weak drink for a Houk but good with stew for flavor. Rrrmmmmmm he could be heard saying between hearty gulps.

OOC:
Just got him here for background

As always, [member="Coci Heavenshield"] was the image of grace and kindness. Valae still remembered meeting the former Master of the Order when she had first joined the Silvers. Back then, Coci had been a strong role model that Valae looked up to, and she still did to this day. The Heavenshields had offered her friendship, a sense of family, and a new life as a Jedi. Truly, Valae didn’t know how to thank them. She only hoped that she would do them proud.

Valae nodded as Coci excused herself, and returned her attention to [member="Elara Amadis"] and [member="Kei Amadis"]. Smiling, Valae listened as Elara provided introductions. Placing one more cookie on her plate (that she’d vowed to save for later), listened as the two spoke. Valae’s smile grew in warmth at the kind words spoken by Kei, and her face flushed slightly at the compliment. “Thank you,” She replied simply, in order to avoid becoming overly sappy in front of her new friends.

“I’m very glad to meet both of you.” She motioned to a vegetable stir fry that appeared to have some bits of meat mixed in as well, hoping that might satisfy Elara’s request for protein. “I’m happy that our potluck worked out, it’s a nice way for everyone to pitch in – and they did a great job of it, too.” She grinned, taking a bite of fruit.

“Oh!” She covered her mouth for a moment as she chewed, listening as Elara asked what she did here. “I suppose I never did say, did I?” She chuckled, shaking her head. “I’m the current Grandmaster of the Order. The role became mine when Grandmaster Yune stepped down.” She paused, melancholy for a moment at the mention of her good friend. But her smile returned as she glanced down at her plate.

“Did I overhear that you’ve been with the Order for quite some time?” She asked, glancing to Kei. “I know Silver Rest is a bit different than that temple on Voss, but it’s grown on me quite a lot.” Valae drew in a breath of fresh air, and let her eyes wander out towards the trees. “At any rate, I’m very pleased that we have so many here at the temple now. We’re a diverse group, but we’re so much stronger for it.” Valae realized that she was starting to ramble, so she lifted a cookie and took a bite.

Give her time. “Nothing to worry about.” Ithiel said confidently. There was nothing she need be concerned about. He’d backed off from a duel once at the cost of his own personal honor for his clan, and it still ate at him, such a thing was looked down on very heavily but he’d made the call. A few words at a party from someone he’d just met were nothing.

Ithiel’s smiled hardened at the past. “Remember I said the Mandalore had died. What I didn’t say, is that was Metus.” His father had been dead for a time, at least as far as anyone knew back then. Ithiel still hadn’t found out what had happened to them all, or how they’d been separated in the fighting. Old history, dead history now that his father had returned, and better to leave it buried with their fallen dead.

“Old times.” He said pouring himself another drink of the orange liquor and offering one over. “We needed a place to live, to fight and to work for something, the Silvers offered.” Ithiel recounted. He’d lost track of his father after that, and his clan till very recently. Stuck in the past. Now he had two homes, but for him that wasn’t so bad. If the infighting in the Mandalorians had taught him anything, it’s that people shouldn’t get so attached to strips of land and dirt, there were more important things, like family, like clan, and like friendship. He clinked his glass to hers if she had picked it up, if not he just toasted her.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]​

When it raines, it pours.
A blush came to her high cheeks as Samara sensed someone checking her out from afar.

Oh gods... I hope they didn't see the fruit juice running down my chin!

By the time the padawan's sea green gaze actually looked over to where the ogler in the crowd was standing at the liquid refreshment table, the rather handsome soldier-type was in a conversation with the resident Mandalorian warrior who was seeking enlightenment from the Silver Jedi as of late... or was it redemption to help heal his broken spirit as the rugged man's aura in the Force suggested.

Finding a napkin and wetting it, Samara washed the stickiness from her chin and hands, then decided it was time to mingle. The Vorzydian took a deep calming breath and let it out slowly, then made her way over to [member="Preliat Mantis"] and [member="Tyrell Caphey"]. She poured herself an iced tea adding a slice of lemon to it, then waited for the appropriate time to interject her greeting to the newcomers, well at least to her.

"Good day, gentlemen... Wonderful weather we are having for such a gathering and feast, yes?" the honey blonde offered with a friendly smile, though inside Sam was nervous as heck. Social affairs were difficult for her to navigate. Funny how at the bedside though, the apprentice healer had no problem interacting with patients in a professional manner with openness and compassion. At least she was trying.

He didn't say anything for a while when the soldier asked him why he was here. He spoke somberly and took another swig of the demon drink he concocted.

"I suppose to seek out some semblance of peace in my life." Preliat said quietly, before turning his head towards the small Jedi woman before them.

Instinctively, he wanted to grab her face and drive her head through the floor. His hands involuntarily flinched when he watched her approached. Her voice was simple and kind. But her eyes did not fall to him. The youthful, longing gaze fell to the young man at his side.

He gave the man a light nudge to make sure he said something before he spoke.

"The weather always seems to be agreeable here at Silver Rest. At least from my time here."

He poured her a drink, knowing full well what the damage could be. He wanted to smirk, but suppressed it. She'd soon find out why they used the clear demon drink to clean engines back on Mandalore.

His eyes then looked outward, until they fell directly on... [member="Kei Amadis"]. He knew him only by face.

[member="Samara Raine"]
[member="Tyrell Caphey"]

He sure didn't know what [member="Preliat Mantis"] had been through but he could imagine why this tall and proud man fell into such a sombrous mood because of his question. Was it some kind of post battle syndrome? Being at a party and also taking into account the fact he wasn't the mans psycologist he decided to leave it be. He was no stranger to the phenomena, though. Thoughts popping up in his head what if Preliat were to be recruited into the Rangers. With that experience he seemed to possess and the fact that he had mandalorian blood in his veins, he could be quite an asset. However, the answer to his question indicated that the man had seen enough blood spilled in his days.

A moment later they got an unexpected but to him delightful company. The womans greeting helped lighten up the mood between the men. Nope, his eyes had not deceived him about her appearance at the distance. She had a way and an aura that he liked, interesting! Feeling the not so appreciated nudge from Preliat he spoke up.

''Yeah, couldn't be better! Perfect to enjoy a chilled drink and a buffet of fruit in.'' he said with a friendly smile, indicating that he had noticed the womans slight struggle with the napkin before.

Don't screw this up! was the major thought going through his mind right now.

As Preliat handed the woman the drink he immediately saw what his newly acquired acquaintance intentions, just the same as when he had offered him the drink.

''Ehm... you probably should go easy with that. Just a heads up.'' he said and put the now empty plate down on the table behind of the men. However, he took his own glass with the potent liquid in and raised it in a gesture of cheers to them.

''To the weather, and new friendships!'' he exclaimed and offered a smile to them both before taking a sip of the drink, now having an easier time to swallow it down.

[member="Samara Raine"] [member="Preliat Mantis"]

Feeling his wife relax was met with a firm grin, as always when he was with her. It was true he’d borrowed the suit off a friend, and by the time he got it back it’d like have three rips in his trousers and be missing an arm. “Think Zacka would cook us one?” He asked [member="Elara Amadis"] with a look of humour in his eyes. Patches would probably eat it all if he did.

“Good when you can know the person behind the name.” Kei said honestly. Which you only ever really did when you sat down and were real with them for a while. At places like this. To see what they were like under the title, rank or role, off the job. “Been around the block a few times.” Kei grinned and left it at that, Coci had been right about him looking older under the eyes. Flicks of silver in the stubble and maybe a line in his hair. Not a young Jedi anymore.

He’d known Valae was Grandmaster of course, so wasn’t surprised when she told his wife, letting them chat while he took a bite. “Voss was dear to my heart.” Kei said honestly, he wasn’t sure how Elara had felt about it. "What about you?" [member="Elara Amadis"]. He’d always thought he’d live out the rest of his days there, when he was actually at home anyway! Which Elara would attest too wasn’t all that often, usually with the wildcards running humanitarian missions on the rim.

“Kashyyyk will grow on me.” Amadis nodded it would in time, “diversity yes, keeps people strong and not likely to break when something unexpected comes their way.” Which he’d seen in his life time elsewhere, old history now. Had to be able to adapt and that only came with enough different personalities and skillsets, trying to go too narrow never worked out well. “Tell us about yourself Grandmaster Kitra. What do you do when you’re not faced with a hundred temple challenges to oversee?” What was she like behind the title.

[member="Elara Amadis"] | [member="Valae Kitra"]​

A cookie? Oo she had not really ever eaten cookies. She smiled watching the Grandmaster [member="Valae Kitra"] crunch one. She looked to the table she would have to try one. "It must keep you very busy Va-lei to be over so many."

She was preparing another question when subject of Voss came up. She remembered Voss Kei had taken her there after they left Nar Shadaa. They had spent a wonderful day by the lake, just them. Yes Voss was special. She smiled again more natural this time easier as she relaxed a bit more.

"Voss was a wonderful place. Wild Cards were happy there." They had been for certain. It seemed that they were all happy there. So now...Kashyyyk.

"Kashyyyk offers much too. The Wookies, challenges for training. The sense of life all around." not that she sensed life in the same way the Jedi did. She felt it through the vibrations that her sensitive hearing fed to her. It was the oddest things to hear at night and yet it was most comforting.

"Yes what do you do when not having to be a Jedi?" She was curious of all were like Kei, or if they were all different in their ways, and manner. [member="Kei Amadis"]

Kiran Arlos

K
"You must clear you mind, focus on the task at hand." A voice spoke to Kiran as he sat in the middle one of the meditation rooms in the rest. Kiran took a deep breath as he closed his eyes again and tried to focus on what he was tasked with doing. It wasn't easy, nothing with Kiran seemed to be, while his mind was on pains in the past, and the current greet that was going on right now. "I'm sensing a great deal of fear from you my young friend."

Kiran let out a small exhausted sigh as he opened his eyes and then stood up from his seated position. "Is it that obvious?" Kiran said with a small chuckle as the Jedi Master opened up the blinds and then Kiran moved to stair out the window. These meditative lessons didn't seem to be helping, while his optimistic nature had always held him to close himself off as if nothing was wrong.

"Well, we can work on this later. There's a meet and greet going on, you should definitely partake. That might be just what you need."

"It couldn't hurt." Kiran said with a small smile as he nodded towards the Jedi Master as he left the meditation room that Kiran then left a few moments later. He made his way towards the get together that was going on. It seemed to be much larger than the last one that was held while the young man gave his intial nod to those that looked his way with a small smile and he returned one in kind. Kiran had just returned after leaving the order once before and now he was back, and he hoped it was more permanent this time around. He spotted the beverages and he made his way towards them and he reached out and grabbed himself a drink.

Res'uul decided to grab a drink of his own while he was here. He had mingled and interacted with a few of the members, and politely excused himself from those he was interacting with. He grabbed a small drink, not wanting to deprive anyone else of the liquids that were being offered. He gently sipped at it, wanting to savor it as long as possible, and hung ut at the edge of the gathering, observing everyone. He felt at peace here, which was a nice change from his arrival.

The honey blonde's blue-green gaze flicked from the younger man to the older one as [member="Preliat Mantis"] spoke up. She sensed the Mandalorian warrior's unease with her initial presence, but the ill-feeling rolling off of him vanished quickly as he answered her opening statement/question and offered a glass of his special brew to the padawan.

"That is good to hear you are enjoying your time here with us then... Oh, why thank you," Sam nodded appreciatively while taking the beverage from the Wolf. Now she stood there sporting two drinks in her petite hands; one non-alcoholic and the other most likely fully leaded and more from what [member="Tyrell Caphey"] hinted at as he greeted her.

OMG... He did see my fruit juice escapade! she thought now totally mortified, feeling her cheeks heat up once again.

"I will take that under advisement, thanks. I'm Samara by the way," she smiled back, then took a very small, experimental sip of the Mandalorian spirit as a toast was given by the light brown-haired soldier.

The apprentice healer's face made a 'wow' look as the colorless liquid burned all the way down from her mouth to her stomach waking every cell in her body ten times over, then leaving it tingling in a rather good way.

"Oh my... That definitely has a kick, doesn't it? Good though," the young Vorzydian exclaimed with a soft giggle eyeing both men. "I think it best though to stick with my iced tea or I'll have to detoxify myself before too long."

The blush on the womans cheeks couldn't be consealed and left him with a small grin through their conversation. Fully understanding why she was blushing it was rather sweet thinking about it.

''Nice to meet you, Samara.'' Beautiful name, indeed! And it did fit her very nicely, he thought and offered the woman a handshake. ''I'm Tyrell, friends call me Ty though. I'm with the Rangers.'' he said with a smile in his usually calm and steady voice.

Continuing with the toast, the smile widen as he saw her immediate reaction when she took a gentle sip of the drink. 'Good though?' Was she accually liking it or did she pretend so to not insult the mandalorians brewing skills? Either way he was impressed if she liked it, even if it was clear what drink she prefered over the other.

He draw a hand through his hair before speaking again. Was it a subconscious male habit when speaking to a nice lady? To make sure you didn't look like a washed and dried wookiee without a comb? ''I told you...'' his green eyes was searching for hers as he spoke. ''So, Samara... what do you do within the Order?'' he asked and took another sip of the potent mandalorian beverage.

This place was packed with them. Obviously it was hard not to find the Silver Jedi campus packed with their own kind, but part of Kaili could have hoped, right? She stepped through the doors with little more than a courtesy smile at the crowd that had gathered. The air around her, or quite possibly in her mind, told her that she stood out like sore thumb. Kaili had one purpose of being here, and becoming part of a crowd was not really one of them. Eyes scanned the room trying to take in the sights and people without pulling too much attention to herself.

White hair. It was the most distinct descriptor that Kaili could think of when it came to this, and she had descriptors to spare after several years as a Warden. Or rather, to be more precise it was the only descriptor that Kaili could think of that wouldn’t end with her feeling even worse over the undue disdain she had on several occasions shown someone who did not deserve it. Someone that had done their best to help with slight resistance from the blonde herself. Part because of it were circumstances that she did not like to talk about involving a certain agent of the order and a certain SIS agent, another part because she was the closest representative of the ones Kaili felt were responsible for both near-deaths of the love of her life.

Across the room from where Kaili stood she could spot her query and she began to make her move. Her instincts brought her into the same state she entered when encroaching upon her targets in space ports and ships. Her presence in the force was masked, her movement more deliberate as she ventured from crowd to crowd in a circle until she could get herself into striking position.

She stepped up behind her. Behind [member="Jyoti Nooran"].

“Hi.” Kaili said.

"Nice to meet you, um... Ty," Samara smiled back at [member="Tyrell Caphey"] using his shortened name, then her mouth morphed slowly into knowing grin. "And that you did... Though don't let it go to your head. You'll need that helmet of yours to fit properly," the honey blonde quipped lightly before putting the remains of the glass of Mandalorian spirit that [member="Preliat Mantis"] offered her to try on the table near them. Maybe someone else would like to enjoy the rest of it as she didn't have cooties or anything. The drink was just way too much octane for the young Vorzydian to handle and keep her dignity intact.

So he was one of the Silver Jedi Order's Rangers, nice. It meant the padawan would be seeing him around, hopefully though not in a professional way... by patching the solider up and all.

"I am an apprentice healer, and a member of the Order's Silver Circle," Sam nodded with a slight bit of pride shinning in her sea green orbs. It was a life long dream of hers to become a fully accredited Jedi Doctor, and she was well on her way to seeing it through. Now to stay the course and honker down to finish her studies... sometimes easier said than done in these chaotic times.

"Sometime in the future, I am hoping to do a rotation with the Antarian Rangers to obtain my Field Medicine certification. Perhaps I will see you there."

Oh, so that was her kind of humor? Another broad smirk found its way to his lips in response to Samaras rather sarcastic comment. A fair comment, though he didn't mean no harm by his earlier comment. He liked it, though!

He listened to her while nodding in understanding, showing genuine interest in what she said. ''Ah, you're a jedi healer? Well, I guess we're kind of in the same profession then? Patching people up? I went through combat medical training back on Taris, before I joined the Rangers.'' he said with a short sweeping gesture of his beverage holding hand. Interesting! The Lady Luck was not only smiling upon the feast with good weather.

''Cheers to that! I'll be the first to welcome you to us, Samara.'' he said and offered her a smile before taking another sip of the clear mandalorian liquid. The glass Preliat had given him before was now half empty. Even though he could drink quite much before coming under the influence he decided it was best to hold back a little bit. Especially considering not knowing how high its alcoholic concentration was, just knowing it got to be very high!

He took a moment to think and glanced around at the other guests that too were enjoying themselves. Giving Preliat a look of excuse, the mandalorian probably already knew what was going on, before focusing back at the young woman.

''What do you say about going for a stroll? You know, I've not been around much here except for the Ranger base... Maybe you could show me around? If ''grunts'' are allowed into jedi perimeters?'' He smiled again along with his last sentence. Yeah, that sounded like it maked sence! It had some truth too! Of course, knowing more about this pretty honey-blonde was of higher interest than knowing where the jedi library was.

"Seems we do have something in common. I look forward to having you show me the ropes of field work then," the apprentice healer smiled brightly, then raised her glass of iced tea in response to [member="Tyrell Caphey"]'s toast. "To trauma junkies alike!"

Samara took of hearty sip of the chilled sweet tea relishing in the refreshing nature of it over the previous alcoholic beverage while there was a break in the conversation with the young man. She didn't need to rely on the Force to sense the ranger medic was interested in her. It made the padawan both exited and even more nervous than before. Plus, the silence from [member="Preliat Mantis"] didn't help. It was hard to tell if the Mandalorian warrior was bored, disgusted, amused, or just indifferent to the situation unfolding before him.

The next question/suggestion from Tyrell made Samara nearly choke on her drink as she wasn't expecting it.

"Erm, well... sure," Sam nodded with a more demure smile showing than before; her shyness resurfacing for a moment, then she pushed past it with more confidence. "Rangers and guests of the Grandmaster are welcome at Silver Rest so there should be no problem giving you a tour."

The padawan's sea green gaze flicked over to the Mandalorian, then back to the Ranger.

"It depends on what you would be most interested in seeing? I can show you the main areas of the Great Hall like the medical wing perhaps or more of the campus... The temple gardens go all the way to the western edge of the lake."

''Oh, I'd be happy to!'' he exclaimed and flashed her a smile before their toast.

It was rather fun seeing the sweet padawans reaction to his question, which was pretty well delivered, or at least so he thought. He might have just had his first experience in the difficulties to fool a jedi, though. Her shyness shining through for a moment brought him to smile again.

''You okay, Samara? Drinks not to strong, is it?'' he asked in a half serious, half jokingly manner.

''Well, since we're both trauma junkies, the Great Hall and medical wing sounds like a good place to start? If you feel you're done with the buffet, that is? Also I don't want you to feel you're being pulled you from the party, you know.'' he said and examined her reaction to absolutely make sure she was okay with his suggestion.

[member="Samara Raine"]

"I'm fine... Thank you for asking, Ty. I just breathed in when I was supposed to be swallowing is all," Sam acknowledged as her excuse for nearly choking on the iced tea sipped when [member="Tyrell Caphey"]'s forwardness caught the Vorzydian off guard. "No harm, no foul," she smiled easily, dismissing the incident with her hand.

Samara looked over to the buffet table to see what was left, then the padawan's sea green orbs met the ranger's gaze that seemed to be searching for her true interest. Tyrell's green eyes read as kind and caring to her with a little bit of mischief thrown in. Windows to the soul they always say... She felt comfortable enough to want to continue getting to know him, and share in their like experiences so he should be pleased with her response.

"Yes, I believe I'm done for now... though I do need to grab that last slice of pie over there and take it with us to the medical wing. You see I promised to bring my fellow apprentice healer, who unfortunately drew the short stick to remain on duty during the gathering, some dessert, and I always try to keep my promises," the honey blonde said sincerely, then turned to [member="Preliat Mantis"].

"It was very nice to meet you, sir, and I appreciate you allowing me to try a sample of your special brew. It was quite good... in a strong way," she smiled sweetly, then walked over to the table to prepare that to-go plate.

The pureblood seemed pleasant enough, but he came off as guarded. Understandable, given the history of his race with the Sith and Jedi, though she hoped in time he would see that he was as welcome as any member. No matter their appearance or titles, people within the SJO were only judged by their actions at the end of the day.

The man politely excused himself from the conversation, then he was off again, leaving Jyoti along with the Dark Sider in white, who had by then introduced herself as the mother of the Yumi twins. Now that she mentioned it, Jyoti could see the resemblance.

"Good day, Master Yumi," she greeted with a small bow of respect. "The pleasure is all mine. Both your children have served the Order well, and I hope they continue to do so. The galaxy is always in need of good Jedi."

Charlie made her way back with two plates heaped food, and a couple bottles of beer. Jyoti recognized those as being the brand that Sentus liked to drink all the time while off duty. Never being fond of alcohol, she found the bitter ale gross. Charlie could have those all to herself.

"Well it looks like you brought back everything from the table twice over," she noted with a smirk. "Anything for me?"

Absorbed with Kurenai and Charlie, she didn't notice a certain blonde slink up behind her, not until she heard a simple greeting of hi.

Jyoti twisted around to find herself face to face with Kaili Talith. She kept her smirk from earlier, but on the inside, she felt the bloom of anxiety right in her gut. She didn't dislike Kaili personally, but for reasons, she had been careful to avoid much interaction with the blonde since her arrival to Kashyyyk with Allyson.

"What a surprise," she started, a new plastic smile growing. "Nice to see you out here today. How are you liking the Rest?"

[member="Res'uul Tevin"] [member="Charlie"] [member="Kaili Talith"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom