Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver Salutations [SJO]

Draven glances over from the spot where he stood idly, hearing the snappish, and biting remarks, and rolling his eyes, finding a refreshment and leaving the doctor to his own devices. The short jedi glanced about the crowd, and his blue eyes watched them silently, before his began to make his way over towards the little cluster that was forming. Draven had always found it interesting how these clusters formed, they were always little circles, backs to the rest of the group, rather exclusive for a group claiming to be welcoming new members. The Jedi noted particularly the silver haired woman,([member="Narcissa Tallhart"] ) and her upper class way of talking, and movement, Draven had also caught her remark about slaves. He made his way towards the group beverage in hand, but looking rather stoic. His blazing blue eyes watched the woman icily from under the set expression on his face, the knight had always been sensitive about his origins, and her condescending remark had only agitated this.

As he came to the woman, the knight felt his spine stiffen, but swallowing his pride, the Jedi offered her a calloused, weather beaten hand and said, "Draven Dursden, ma'am. At your service." He glanced briefly at the other new arrival, she seemed timid and shy. Two characteristics which the knight had found he had little time or patience for. So he opted to ignore her. If the silver haired woman took his hand, the Knight would dip and kiss the back of it briefly, before rising, he favored making good impressions, and he was nothing if not a bit of a flirt, in his own weird, unusual way. But even as he spoke, Draven could feel the brand on his chest burning and aching on the skin, a constant reminder of his once enslavement.

[member="Charlie"] [member="Narcissa Tallhart"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

The words of [member="Narcissa Tallhart"] irked him a bit. There was no reason to snap like that, as while [member="Kurenai Yumi"] was fairly abrasive and he was watching her, the trouble had begun to wind down. All she had done was potentially begin conflict anew. She had an air of upperclassmanship to her. Bluebloods, great. Regardless, there seemed to be some softness to her despite her air of importance to herself, so maybe this one was salvageable. It was worth a shot, at least. Though he made sure to keep an eye on both her and the other girl for the time being.

He would allow the others, from [member="Charlie"] to [member="Draven Dursden"] the moment to introduce themselves to the newcomer first up. Once they had finished, though he had to stop himself from laughing at the display of Dursden, the Master would step forward. Standing at 6'4, with long golden hair and brimming brown eyes, he regarded her with an air of warmness to his voice as he would gingerly hold out a large hand to shake. Despite the size of his hand, and the creases indicating it's experience and likely capability that it could crush fruit and other hands with relatively little effort... His grip was gentle. He did not keep a tighter grip than necessary, and he treated the lady in this greeting as though he were shaking the hand of a Queen. Josh was no stranger to bluebloods, and appeared to understand to a degree their preference. It was what years of experience had gifted him.

"My humble greetings to you, Madam Narcissa" The Jedi Master spoke, his accent resembling the equivalent of that of an Englishman in the real world. His tone was as soft and as gentle as his grip. "I go by Jedi Master Joshua DragonsFlame, in formality. I am the Silver Jedi Order's Battlemaster... A lightsaber instructor, more or less" He would introduce, and while his words were spoken gentle, the way he looked from her, then to Yumi, and then back to her almost in some way appeared to indicate a sort of warning not to cause a stir again.

"It is an honor to make your acquaintance. Not just in regards to a woman of your stature, but to one with a radiance that just might make me blush if I continue to gaze upon your face, your belles caractéristiques any longer" The Jedi then added, with an interesting note at the end. For someone like [member="Jyoti Nooran"] who was no doubt rolling her eyes nearby, Master DragonsFlame's sense of humor was a normal part of the day. But what was the motivation for this particular one? Josh was known for two things, making jokes, and making jokes where it was partly him telling the truth. Was this legitimate flirtation? Was is an observation? Was he just messing with the poor soul that had kissed the woman's hand and made his play at her before?

As he would slowly release her hand, he would turn his head... And give [member="Draven Dursden"] the cheekiest grin he could muster. So he WAS messing with him!

If looks could kill everyone in a courtyard would probably be dead by now Kurenai's face tensing up with a death stare that only Darth Sidious
could muster, if not for the fact she was hiding her force signature a huge amount of dark energy would have engulfed the area. Still along with it all the anger there was a playful hit to it, minor but there, almost as if Kurenai was amused by the woman's comment, like it had been so wrong it was funny. While [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] and @Chalie flattered the oddly dressed woman Kurenai stepped to the side taking a moment to calm down lest she punch the woman right away without any warning. 'This is a social gathering, don't ruin it now, think of Sukai and Tana they need this', steeling her emotions the Dark Jedi returned to the group, though still with the same expression.

"It seems like you have quite the gathering of fans child, guess this is just the standard practice for someone like you, just having everything handed to her without any effort, better then all those around simply because her mother and father karked each other one night". "I am guessing you act this way because of your own insecurity, just judging other people by the looks and not giving a crap about the context, no wonder you have to be so forceful when making friends, your personality surely does not suit someone people would actually like". With each work Kurenai came a step closer, the two giant woman now face off in a rather staring contest like manner, herself more then ready to throw down at the slightest hint. "I would give you the advice to respect your elders but it is clear you respect no one, so I will just say this, be careful who you look down on, because I have the power to make your life a nightmare".

That was no idle threat, though it did not seem like it Kurenai held many affluent positions all around the galaxy. Weather it be with the Atrisian Royal family, the underworld empire her great Grandmother had or just her leading position among the CIS she was not the sort of person you wanted to be on the bad side of. For a minutes Kurenai continued to stare into the Echani's blue eyes before pulling off, her expression softening, taking a low customary bow the was used by her husbands people, "Watashi'tachi wa mōichido hajimemashou, kon'nichiwa, watashinonamaeha Kuernai Yumi, anata ni au no wa īdesu".

(translation: Let us start again, hello, my name is Kurenai Yumi, it is nice to meet you)

[member="Narcissa Tallhart"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

The conversation took an immediate nosedive as Narcissa launched into a tirade against Kurenai. It was a long time coming, as the Atrisian found she had ticked off someone that wouldn't simply take her insults. Still, Jyoti's jaw nearly dropped from the stream of insults coming from Narcissa, embarrassed as a fellow Kiribian and an Echani.

Suddenly, her exchange with Kaili seemed downright pleasant in comparison.

Now Charlie was hiding behind the padawan's anxieties flared up, and Josh had injected himself into the argument to diffuse the situation.

Maybe. She couldn't tell if he was trying to bring a peaceful resolution or talk it up with Narcissa.

While Josh focused on Narcissa, Jyoti turned her attention to Kurenai who wouldn't let the issue die despite Josh's attempt intervention (and flirting).

She gave a Kurenai a silent frown of disapproval, then spoke up to finally put the issue to rest.

"Everyone please, let's mind our manners. As Knights and Masters, we need to set a good example for our juniors."

Hoping she would finally see the end of the verbal sparring, she acknowledged the Dursden that had come over to the ever-growing circle.

"Jyoti Nooran, it's a pleasure to finally meet you in the flesh."

She shook hands with him, her palms pillowy soft in contrast to his calloused hand.

"I heard you apprenticed under Yuroic. A good Knight. He was a padawan under one of my good friends. She may be gone, but it's always nice to see her legacy live on through her students."

She felt a twinge of sadness as she referred to herself in the third person. No matter if she had come back under guise, she could never truly reclaim her old life as she had known it.

[member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Draven Dursden"] [member="Ye Hyonu"] [member="Charlie"] [member="Narcissa Tallhart"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

Narcissa had taken her eyes of [member="Kurenai Yumi"] the moment she begun to reply. Deeming her irrelevant and not worth her breath. There was no need to rise to the retort of this woman. Instead she focused on the new arrival, Master Dragonsflame and he quite literally attempted to court her in front of many individuals. It was of course not genuine, she could tell that from a mile away. However she was not a woman to turn down flattery, so she allowed herself another genuine smile and a slight inclination of her head.

"You have my thanks."

Narcissa noticed the voice behind her, not understanding the language being spoken, yet not wishing to inquire further. She cast a single eye back to see Kurenai bowing, but did not turn to face her again. She had already damaged their relationship beyond any feasible repair, Narcissa could hold a grudge like nobodies business. Threatening her life and her lifestyle was indeed the last straw that broke the camels back. Should the woman ever set foot on Kiribi, she would be imprisoned and executed- however Narcissa did not lend her this information. The elitist then turned to face her fellow Echani, she gave her a deep bow and then reached out to softly touch her shoulder, giving it a small squeeze, as though to reassure her that she would not be too rash.

"I wish you did not have to hear this Jyoti."

@Kurenai Yumi @Draven Dursden @Ye Hyonu @Charlie @Josh DragonsFlame

His attempt to calm things down seemed to have worked for the time being. Humor was his way of doing so. Of course, truth be told, he was only lightly exaggerating what he'd said to the Echani. Tell a truth, exaggerate a little for humor... That was how he operated. Even if he was just trying to lighten up the room, put a smile on a few faces, and pull a practical joke on Whatshisface Mcjenson, AKA [member="Draven Dursden"]. Still, he would bow his head lightly at her response.

"Oh no, you have mine for putting a smile on my face on this day, my dearest Narcissa"

Of course, not long after he had said this, a voice he did not want to hear would erupt again. "Oh come on, are you kidding me? I literally just... Ugghhhh" The Jedi would mutter under his breath. This was getting bad, and he had no doubt that if it were to continue, one was going to attack the other. It turned out that it was not just one, but both of them that were fairly uppity. He considered his options fairly quickly if it were to break into a fight. Perhaps a full nelson? Non-violent, his size gave him the advantage to pull one away from the other, and his grip was good... Of course he didn't consider how sexual the position would look, he was a man of practicality, not one to be bothered by how the sort of thing would look, yet... If he could not pull one away from the other, or if one put up a barrier, hmm...

He had an idea planned soon after if it came to that. But Jyoti would soon step in with a firmer approach to quell the upcoming battle. With that now in the hands of the Master Of The Order, Josh would take a deep breath. He listened to what Jyoti had to say, when she would approach Dursden, and he heard what she had said regarding Arisa. He looked toward her then when she said that, and his expression changed instantly. He hadn't meant for his expression to change like that, but it was such a sudden thing that he couldn't stop it. His eyes, as they met Jyoti's didn't hide the fact that he was upset. The air had been taken out of him at the mention of Arisa's death, and he was very much unable to hide the pure depths of depression he held that came with the thought. Closing his eyes, he would exhale once more, and try to push it away.

By the time he opened them again, he'd steeled himself, done his best to push it away and move onto the next order of business. The time came to introduce himself proper to the others, especially the younger one, [member="Charlie"] who he had just realized he had yet to make any acquaintance with whatsoever. Feeling guilty, he would approach her while the woman she was hiding behind, [member="Jyoti Nooran"] was busy with [member="Narcissa Tallhart"].

Josh held out a hand to Charlie then, with a warm smile. "Are you faring alright?" He would speak softly, seeming to understand she was either very young, very timid, or both. She hadn't reacted well, by what he had seen, to the whole incident and he wished he'd diffused it earlier.

He made a mental note to properly introduce himself to [member="Draven Dursden"] as well, all pars-taking aside.

'Oh dear' She was looking and listening more then participating... Ikki had remained fof to the side with her hands on a pitcher and refilled several drinks while the heated stuff was going on and.... confusion. She was only listening to half the conversation and finding things more interesting but meh she shrugged and went back to pouring some drinks allowing the other jedi with her to get some food. Her eyes stopping and flicking over the wrist datapad that had been sending her information about drink levels and empty plates along with some of the other hostesses that worked with Saori for cleaning up the messes made. "Lady Ikki." ONe of the smaller hostesses said but she was still taller then her. "We have cleaned up and a message came for you. A padawan shows potential for piloting and I know you were lookign for one such as that." She bowed her head and looked at the information while walking. "THank you Rali, now return to your duties and I wil go and meet this Cody."

Draven was unapologetic about his frivolous flirting, it was just how he was. The grim expression clashed with his demeanor though, and at the mention of his former master, his expression only grew colder, he inclined his head slightly, ​"Yuroic was indeed my master. It his hard to imagine him as a Padawan, whoever his master was, she taught him well." ​As Draven said this, he eyed the woman which he shook hands with. The unusually short Jedi was also hyper aware of the massive slab of a man beside him, and not particularly happy about the stark contrast he was drawing between the two. Draven's leaner, and much more lithe frame quite different from the other's bigger, and bolder one. ​"In the flesh? That would imply you have heard of my previous exploits?" ​He was genuinely surprised, he did not think he had done anything note worthy in his past, but it seemed word got around fast. The Jedi monitored the ambience of the crowd quietly, if things began to heat up too much, the Knight intended on withdrawing, he had enough fighting out on missions, it was unneeded or wanted at home. He also noted the title of battle master, perhaps it was not a good idea to pick a fight with this man. As he glanced briefly at the towering figure, Draven smiled cockily, and said, ​"Whatever you had put in your water, I obviously did not get." ​A impish expression playing across his boyish features. He really did seem like a child at times, a child in a man's body.

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Narcissa Tallhart"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

There was an epic and long eyeroll from the padawan as she heard the two men begin to flirt on top of the entire episode that had occurred. Charlie didn’t want to be in the middle of it all so she had taken refuge behind Jyoti, mostly because the girl didn’t want to say something stupid and explode the situation further. Eventually if the focus of fire wasn’t on her, she was going to be okay. Being pulled away from it the Padawan had gathered her composure for the most part.

The large Master moved to face her and she looked at him with the most unamused look one could muster. She sniffed for a minute and stared at him as he held his hand out to her. Giving it a shake, she pulled back and gave him a polite bow. Her body shifted so she was out from behind Jyoti and glanced over towards Kureani and Narcissa. It seemed Narcissa had calmed down, but Kurani was for some reason speaking in her native tongue after acting ridiculous to someone who was new to the order. The same unamused look was given to them and Charlie spoke.

“I’m fine, Master Dragonsflame.” Internally Charlie chuckled wondering if Josh Dragonsflame named himself after a video game character. She could have sworn the last name was the name of one of her kRPG games that she played obsessively. “I had hoped for a pleasant time getting to know others since I had recently arrived on Kashyyyk and my only company has been Master Nooran.” A grin as she looked up towards the Echani Master. "I'm not complaining of course..." Sighing softly with a shake of her head then looked towards Kurenai. “You’ve been sharp to me this entire time going off hearsay instead of actually getting to know me. Your children have also not been the best company to me.” Charlie remembered Tana’s comments to her when he first met her along with his sister’s when they had met for another mission. Her face didn’t soften as she lowered her gaze and shrugged. “So Master Yumi, respect is earned not owed.”

Charlie nodded and then quieted down again. A part of her wanted to wander and get a slice of pie that the Grandmaster had brought, but she was curious to see what the others had to say. She always remained quiet letting the Masters speak, but she couldn’t hold back anymore especially with how Master Yumi had been speaking to her.

[member="Draven Dursden"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Narcissa Tallhart"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

It was probably pointless, by now everyone here probably hated Kurenai for her actions, this was why she tried to avoid socializing in large groups, on way or another by her actions it would end badly. At the very least [member="Narcissa Tallhart"] did not respond, but it was clear the woman believed she was superior to everyone here, the ignoring just being a different form of mocking one used, 'guess I shouldn't have come in the first place, this has be a disaster'. Giving letting out a small sigh the energy vampire contemplated just walking away in silence before anyone turned attention back to her, but alas such would not happen, the small girl named [member="Charlie"] seemed to take notice with a rather, guilt gut punching sentence.

Her words where just as sharp as Echani, stabbing deep to Kureani's heart, an expression of regret washing over the woman's face, "I... I did not mean for this to happen... I am sorry, but I know that won't be enough". She was right, all her past accomplishment, all she had done in the past meant nothing here, to everyone else, not most of the galaxy she was just some run of the mill merc that somehow landed a good position among the Confederacy. A position that hardly anyone knew or really knew about let alone cared about, but yet the small girl called her master Yumi, another word that just sent another nail into the heart, a final spike to crack the egg. "You are right, I do not deserve that title, please do not call me master again, since, since I have upset everyone so much I will beg my leave, I'm sure this place will do better without me", with that Kurenai turned around, intent of slinking away from the group.

[member="Draven Dursden"] - [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] - [member="Jyoti Nooran"] -

Turning slightly, before Jyoti could answer, Draven's eyes pinned themselves on the rather sullen looking woman. Her flare had died out quickly, and to the knight's surprise, it was the shy, timid looking girl who was the straw that broke the camels back. He looked at the silver haired master, and nodded slightly, ​"A moment if you don't mind." ​He then stepped out quickly, and gently put a hand on the woman's shoulder who was rapidly slinking away. His hard eyes bore into her he said, ​"Listen, woman," ​He said, ensuring he kept sappy empathy out of his voice, dark force users generally had too much pride to accept someone pitying them, ​"Obviously you have come across....a little gruff. I cannot speak for the others, but I am willing to converse with you, that is," ​A smirk played along his lips as he finished, ​"If you do not mind speaking with a slave boy." ​Memories of his time with his master came flooding back, the few times the two had conversed it had been short, and formal, and often he had been the one slinking away into the night, whoever she was, the woman had obviously gotten off on the wrong foot with the others. Draven had no hope of rekindling her and the other, extremely arrogant woman's relationship, but her thought perhaps she would be willing to try again. After all she seemed relatively sincere.

[member="Kurenai Yumi"]

Zora Djo stood at the edge of the garden, a bag of chips in one hand and a container of homemade salsa in the other. Her bespectacled countenance featured an uneasy smile as she watched the crowd interacting at the gathering. Swallowing hard, she made her way straight for the refreshment table, eyes now on the ground.

While she wasn’t anti-social by any means, this setting was still very new and unfamiliar.

It was the perfect recipe for awkward feelings. The archivist and hopeful explorer knew how to make an entrance. Or rather, she knew how to make one without being noticed. Zora was used to going unnoticed, many passed her by when she was behind a desk in the archives or seated quietly with her nose in a book.

After setting down her offerings of snacks, she perused the table. Much of the food had already been picked through; she could already see that the popular dishes were nearly gone now. Well, that’s what happened when one arrived so late to a potluck. Glancing up, she pushed her glasses back up the bride of her nose. There seemed to be some colorful discussions happening. Brows lofted ever slightly, watching with all the curiosity and interest of a passive observer.

Zora hadn’t quite caught the comments that had launched the crowd into this situation, and she certainly wasn’t going to go jumping into the middle of their conversation. Instead, she dipped a chip into the salsa and took bite… crunching quite loudly.

[member="Charlie"], [member="Jyoti Nooran"], [member="Josh DragonsFlame"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Narcissa Tallhart"]

He had only met a handful of Jedi, and he noticed quickly that [member="Zora Djo"] was not one of them. She seemed more to be of the bookworm sort. Preliat had not had the pleasure of meeting many of them in his lifetime, due to the callous, brutal nature of his upbringing and the vicious, dog-eat-dog society that the Mandalorians lived in. People rarely were scholarly in the Mando'ade, they simply existed to further the cause, further the people. Historians were orators, and scholars doubled as warriors when the need arose.

The galaxy was fortunate enough to not grow and learn on a planet where half of the population were predators trying to out-do each other. But the Wolf of Manda'yaim- Ramanar. Death. Death was the ultimate equalizer, as was Preliat. It was why he was selected by the Mandalore to be the embodiment of death for the Mandalorian people. He was, by most accounts, one of the most vicious, brutal, and effective Mandalorian warriors to have ever graced the planet. He was the Wolf that killed the Rancor.

And he left it all behind him.

He brought over two glasses, and a bottle of Tihaar- the Mandalorian 'good stuff'. Clear liquor so potent it was used to clean engines. He poured a decent amount into his, and a healthy amount into hers. Healthy for the average humanoid, not accustom to the liquor.

[member="Zora Djo"] received a rare, genuine smile from Preliat.

"Enjoying yourself?"

He had a tell-tale accent of a Mandalorian. His basic wasn't bad, but it was definitely not as good as it could be.

[member="Charlie"] didn't look all that happy to see him, but things had been tense, so he let it go. He would shake her hand gently with a warm smile before gingerly letting go. What mattered was that she was alright, so he was relieved. Though he couldn't help but laugh a bit when she said she wasn't complaining about having Jyoti as company. "I'm sure you wouldn't" He responded. "I don't think anyone would mind having someone like Jyoti as company" Josh would then joke, shooting that same cheeky grin as he'd given Draven. Of course the fun didn't last long, and Josh would let out a sigh as Charlie would let Yumi have it. Not that she didn't deserve it, mind. But geez, couldn't he get a minute of peace?

He noticed [member="Draven Dursden"] staring at him, sizing him up almost, and it gave him an idea. While he had moved onto trying to mack on the abrasive one, which he couldn't help but laugh at, he would call out to him. Of course, not without first regarding Charlie with a warm smile to say he'd either be back, or if she wasn't there when he did, then tender farewells.

"Oi! Dude who looks like he's from that holo-movie about the sand people!" Josh would call out to Whatshisface McJenson, AKA Draven. "If you're sizing me up, mate, why don't I give you a proper excuse? Perhaps a mock duel of sorts, give these people a proper show for some good quality entertainment that doesn't involve folks yelling at each other?" He would inquire. Despite the cheeky grin, he was dead serious.

"Low power on the sabers, of course. Wouldn't want to hurt anyone. And no worries, there isn't a height requirement."

Draven muttered to the woman who's shoulder he was currently touching, ​"Just a moment." ​Then turned around. His face was emotionless, or would have been if his lip did not curl slightly with a smile at the massive man's suggestion. Draven barked out, ​"I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that, did you say something about my height?" ​The short knight walking over towards the much larger one, his fiery blue eyes blazing with intensity. He had always been sensitive about his height, and being called out about it in public, was simply unacceptable to let pass, usually Draven would have just taken him up on the little duel, but now he was making a point. The knight got within inches from the much larger master, and looked up at him, his face as calm as a glassy lake, and then said, ​" Say it again. Please." ​His fingers running up and down the cool metal of one of his broad saber hilts, the Jedi was itching to carve the man in half, but his mind kept his anger in check for once, and allowed him to think without obstacle. The other man was larger, more experienced, and a master of combat. A duel with him would be challenging to say the least, and the odds that it would not end in Draven's favor, were quite high. But then again, he had called him short.

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] @Charlie @Jyoti Nooran [member="Narcissa Tallhart"]

It seemed her little escape would go notice unfortunately, some man's hand grasping hold of her shoulder before Kureani was able to take another step, his voice devoid of emotion, just plan, nothing to really go along with it. Kurenai was not sure whether to be insulted or glad but at this point in time after all that had just transpired she did not really care, more concentrated on dealing with the freight train of works that had been dumped onto her body. "If you wish, I will not stop you, ask any question you may have and I will answer it to thee best of my ability... and I do not mind for you past, tis is nothing new to me". Heck her new student was a former slave, along with around 1/4 of the people she had met during her life, "I know I come off as abrasive, bu-", but what? well unfortunately she would not be able to respond just yet.

What was the reason behind that? it seemed by cruel fate that a simple quite private walk somewhere off had to be put aside for the moment as [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] addressed the Jedi knight who had approached her in a rather snarky manner. A Joke of some sort? she would know know, Why? in all honesty it should have a been a topic that she brought up but she was abysmal when it came to recognizing humor and trying to act it out, some jokes could register but puns, jabs, heckling, or what ever Josh was doing was hard to distinguish. Regardless the young and short man took offense to that, staring down the Jedi master in a rather comedic but over all serous nature, the whole thing just earning an exasperated sigh from herself, 'I'm not old for this'. After this scuffle was over she would very much like to take a day off into the Temple gardens and just be alone.

[member="Draven Dursden"] - [member="Charlie"] - [member="Jyoti Nooran"] - [member="Narcissa Tallhart"]

Zora was still quite captivated by the scene taking place, her hand automatically reached for more chips. After fumbling to dip the tortilla chip into the salsa, she took another bite. Just beyond the sound of her crunching, she heard a male voice. Turning slightly, she glanced wide-eyed at [member="Preliat Mantis"]. She gave the man a slight nod as she swallowed her food.

“I’ve only just arrived, but yes.” She gave a tight-lipped smile.

Spotting the glasses of clear liquid in his hands, she reached out to accept one of them. Without a thought, she took a large gulp to quench the burn left behind by her salsa. But, the burn was only made worse by the strange liquid. Immediately launching into a round of coughing and sputtering, she turned her back to the man for a moment, in order to try and save face. A bit red-faced, she slowly turned around.

Zora returned her watery gaze towards the Mandalorian man. At least, she assumed he was Mandalorian, the accent was distinct and recognizable. Her palm gently rubbed her throat for a moment as she recovered, and then rose to push her glasses back up into place.

“That’s not water,” She observed aloud, “W-what is this?”

Gingerly bringing the glass back up, she gave it a sniff. This was definitely much stronger than what she was used to. Then again, she rarely imbibed these days.

Well, to be more specific, he was a lean sort of muscular. Not too bulky, but just enough size to compliment his height without losing too much speed. He catered his training to be sure that he had ample strength, but wasn't too bulky so as to slow him down and make him too easy to hit. It was an example as to how dedicated he was as a swordsman, even down to his diet and making sure he knew exactly what to do in regards to time spent working out, time spent exercising, how much he was allowed to bulk, etc... Of course, his height and the musculaire he held did make him a bigger target than a smaller person still. Meaning that he needed to work hard at maintaining grace of movement. But planning for one's weaknesses was all part of the Jedi training.

It appeared that he had offended the young dwarf, though he did at least seem to accept the mock duel, in his own way. His expression remained nonchalant as the man would angrily make his way toward him. Smiling toward Charlie, Josh would wave casually and start to walk toward a non-crowded portion of the hall, before stopping when he approached. He asked him to say it again, and he remained nonchalant, only with a calm smile on his face.

"If I have offended you, I do apologize, sir. Though if you do insist..." Josh would speak, with a calmness still to his tone and a gentle bow as he would fish something out of his robes. Placing the device on the ground, he would mutter "hold on a moment" as he would tinker with it. A barrier would spring up in the area around them, and he would tinker it to change it's size to give them room for forms such as Ataru. He then toggled the transparency so the others could see.

"Alright, with that said..." He spoke as he rose back to full height.

"To oblige your request, I believe I said that the mock duel does not have a height requirement."

Well, he did ask...

[member="Draven Dursden"]

He chuckled menacingly after the woman took a drink of his Tihaar. It was legendary to Mandalorians, but unknown to the rest of the galaxy, for the most part. It was hard to make without a recipe or the know-how of how to do it.

Preliat, had both.

"My name is Preliat Mantis."

His name carried weight, if she paid attention to the goings-on of the galaxy, especially the recent Civil War that destroyed most of Mandalore. But he was the man who killed Jasper Ordo- husband to one Rianna Organa. And a father to many children. Preliat's face shifted as he recalled what he did, just by introducing himself.

"Are you with the Silvers?"

[member="Zora Djo"]

He stepped back and replied, ​"Good. Then you will be able to continue once I have brought you to your knees." ​A playful, but slightly edged tone flooding over his voice as the Jedi brought forth his dual sabers, and tinkered with them for a moment, and brought the power down as to only inflict bruising on impact. Draven's face held a faint smile as he pressed the sequence of plates along the hilt's surfaces, and they began to fall apart.
The gears grinded and clicked together, slowly beginning to merge into a larger, double handed hilt, which had two junctures to form a cross blade, slowly the much larger hilt formed in Draven's hands, and he ignited the blade. From it blasted out a shining blue saber, which was much longer than the average, a broadsword equivalent. Its cross guard also ignited, and Draven swung it back and forth, even with its intensity lowered, the blade flickered and buzzed with unstable energy, hinting at the increased intensity which laid within. Draven readied himself to begin the duel with the jolly green giant, and his face broke into an excited grin, allowing emotion to show now as he said, ​"Shall we begin?"

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom