Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship SFi-4 "Boreas" Class Atmospheric Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

IyrUP8qz_o.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a defensive atmospheric fighter for Sith Eternal worlds.
  • Image Source: Here.
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: DC-2A
  • Primary Source: TIE/sk
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Atmospheric Fighter
  • Length: 17.18 meters
  • Width: 11.3 meters
  • Height: 2.95 meters
  • Armament: Average
    • Fore:
      • [2] Auto Tracking Blaster Cannons
      • [2] Missile Launchers
      • [2] Fixed Heavy Laser Cannons
    • Port / Starboard [Per Side]:
      • N/A
    • Aft:
      • N/A
  • Defenses: Very Low
  • Squadron Count: Average: 12
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very High - 98 DPF
  • Speed Rating: Extreme
    • Maximum Atmospheric Speed: 3,529 km/h
      • Lowest Rated Orbit: N/A
  • Hyperdrive: N/A
  • Engine System: IE-10 "Event Horizon" Class Ion Engine
    • Primary Unit(s): [2] Main Engines w/ 5 Degree Vector Plates
  • Power Plants:
  • Crew Requirements:
    • Optimal:
      • Officer(s): 1
      • Crew: 1
    • Skeleton:
      • Officer(s): 0
      • Crew: 1
  • Escape Craft:
    • [1] Planetary Escape Pods
      • Holds Two Passengers
  • Cargo Capacity: 0.5 Metric Tonnes
  • Consumables: 2 Weeks
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • High Production Count
  • Powerful Engine Systems
STRENGTHS
  • Swarm -
    • What the ship lacks in armament, it makes up for it fully with its powerful engines and movement capabilities. With self adjusting wings, the ship is capable of outmaneurving other fighters with ease; keeping up with some of the fastest ships in the galaxy. The point of the 'Boreas' is to not to take a hit and keep going, but rather to never get hit in the first place; requiring a far higher level of training for its pilots, but makes up for in its exceptional prowess on the battlefield.
WEAKNESSES
  • No Second Chance -
    • Without shields, the 'Tomb' fits its name - incapable of taking more than a few glancing blows before needing to redock for repairs, or otherwise going down under sustained fire where others might stay afloat. This makes the skill ceiling for the 'Boreas' far higher than other vessels - but doubles in the fact that its mortality rate is often higher than other ships of the same class.
  • Stay At Home -
    • Without a hyperdrive, or the means to attach itself to a hyperdrive ring, the ship is incapable of providing long range support as others might hope for. Meaning this ship offers no patrol effectiveness and must remain solely in the same system as it is deployed - making them better ship or base compliments while corvettes or patrol craft serve as a better means to monitor the borders.
DESCRIPTION

Requiring cheaper fighters capable of keep planets defended where starfighters are not as useful, the 'Boreas' is built as a peak atmospheric fighter capable of responding to threats across the planet with ease. However, that is to say, it does not come without weaknesses - specifically in its lack of shielding, low armor, and relatively average squadron count. All things considered this makes the ship a highly specialized unit - capable of only maintaining atmospheric air superiority, and while it can reach upper atmosphere limits - it can't follow enemy starfighters back out of the planet, making it far harder to fight off enemy forces without space naval support as well.​

Last edited:
Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

Ratings are being rationalized from it being strictly an in atmosphere fighter, making it specialized enough to warrant weaknesses therefor adding ratings. Not standard, but something reasonable I'm okay sticking with.

As far as the DC-2A, I own that company. I can grab a screenshot from another sub if you wish, however.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Screenshot the company where you own it or some evidence, but not from a submission.

As for the ratings, I am in understanding on how weaknesses can turn into ratings bonus. However, I do not see it here. Previous arguments on not having a hyperdrive for a rating still stands as null and void. I still request your ratings be lowered by two, however I will accept other weaknesses if you can come up with them...such as no ejection system, a unique homeship it must operate from, or some other form of severe hinderance.

Let me know when you do these things.

After a small discussion....I will Approve this, however understand that as a disclaimer:

Disclaimer,
This submission can be potentially reported in regards of its current capabilities. If that is the case, the liability falls upon the user, one Darth Maliphant to explain his actions when it is possibly reported.

That said,
APPROVED
Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom