Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Second Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is A Great Slicer To Work With
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/115976-akama-14/

I would like to second chance this submission. The respective judge and I could into a disagreement about mechu-duru, which I believe the submission would be immune to specifically due to it being stated for it being stated for it to only work on inanimate/robotic objects, and not anything that's living. The sourced submission was also approved for it having biot.

Malen said:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/115976-akama-14/

I would like to second chance this submission.

Hello, as per the instructions for a second chance, could you please elaborate why? I need context to understand the entire picture :)

If your submission has been denied, and you believe it has been so unfairly, then post the link to your submission, and ONLY the link, along with your case for why it should be approved, and we will take the matter into consideration amongst the group and come to a consensus..

I would like the Eri heavy long-range tractor beam to be second-chanced please...

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/116366-eri-heavy-long-range-tractor-beam/

I feel that the submission has been treated unfairly, and the FJ has been suggesting edits that would defeat the purpose of the item, which is to provide a means to tow objects whose hazards require long safe distances to safely handle, such as planet-killing asteroids. I feel that restricting the ability to install the item to orbital stations or planetside emplacements would be detrimental to its ability to deflect planet-killing asteroids or its ability to handle other situations that are best handled with tractor beams.

[member="Cira"] [member="Raziel"] [member="Jamie Pyne"]

Marcus Tritum

M
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/117246-imperial-tiem-fighter/

Second chancing this fighter.

Issue:
Are light turbolasers too much for a 15m fighter?

Factory Standard:

The goal is balance.

Unless you have a superweapon or restricted materials in your submission, then what you put in the "weapons" or "defenses" field doesn't seem to hold as much weight as the actual "rating" assigned the field.

If "high" is in one field, then one of the other fields needs to be "very low" et cetera.

This Submission:
The rating for armament is extreme, which fits given that it does have two light turbolasers - on one each wingtip.

However, the fighter has significant weaknesses including no hyperdrive and no deflector shields. Which is reflected in the "very low" and "none" ratings for those fields.

Doing the calculations in the spreadsheet, my submission comes out even in points, which is the goal and considered "balanced."

Therefore, this is a balanced submission and should be approved.

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

I apologize for the delay.

Upon review, I can understand the factory judges recommendations for placement on a platform or station. You are still able to viably create a method of protection by the placement of two or three defense platforms with this countermeasure.

Are you sure you do not want to work with the factory judge to edit it for a platform?

[member="Malen"]

Hmm, upon review of your submission along with the original, I am actually concerned that it went through the approval process. Just because it is a biot doesn't mean it is immune to Force based attacks. The Yuuzhang Vong actually were still vulnerable to Force lightning and Force pushes.

I'll grant you the second chance, but I will be pulling both submissions for review.

[member="Fabian"]

Hmm, this took a bit of research. While yes, we work for balance in the factory, I understand the FJ's hesitance with the use of capital grade weapons on a starfighter.

In canon, there are two experimental TIE fighters with a turbolaser as part of its weapon package. But they were experimental with only 2 Turbolaser turrets as its only armament.

You may have your second chance, but the submission will have to be modified by lowering production along with other edits to make it comparable.

[member="Cira"] The very IC event that motivated the Eri heavy long-range tractor beam, which I wanted second-chanced, proved the importance of having the mount of an Eri unit have some mobility in order to actually accomplish its intended role, that is, deviate planet-killing asteroids, and it also proved that platform mounts, even orbital, lacked the required mobility. For these reasons, I feel that restricting it to platform mounts will defeat the purpose of the device.

I can always reduce production level (to limited, maybe even semi-unique if warranted) but I will not yield on shipboard mounts because restricting the device to a platform mount, ground or orbital, will render it a lame duck.

As a result, it's a lot more cost-effective IC to mount it on capital ships than on orbital platforms. Given the above considerations, I feel it's unworkable unless some compromise can be reached that can allow the device to be mounted on ships as opposed to platforms only.

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

It wouldn’t render it a lame duck. Orbital platforms have mobility as well. Besides, an astroid coming to strike wont be instant. There is plenty of time to utilize via a platform or station.

Second chance denied.

[member="Cira"] [member="Raziel"]

Requesting Second Chance for

Jast Whisperlite Shuttle

I feel the submission is balanced. I was asked to drop production levels, which I did. I have balanced out the Stats in accordance with what is typically asked.

All tech in the sub is cannon tech, from Wookiepedia. I even nerfed the Qekoth Plasma cannons a bit in the description from the original tech in the Wookie.

The disagreement between the judge and myself was on the amount of strengths and weaknesses required. The submission has strengths, and has weaknesses. I feel I was being rail roaded into making up additional weaknesses which in my mind simply do not not exist.

I also changed some of the weaknesses in accordance with the judges wishes, but not their exact liking, seeking to find a compromise.

To my knowledge, the minimum requirement for weaknesses is 1, and there are three very tangible weaknesses in a PVP environment.

Please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom