Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Scavving on Kirdo III (RTL)

LET NO JUNK PILE GO TO WASTE

SINCE DRIVING SLAVER SCUM OFF OF KIRDO III, ANALYSIS OF THE MASSIVE SHIP GRAVEYARD WHERE AN INTACT CENTURION CLASS BATTLE CRUISER WAS RECOVERED HAS REVEALED THAT THERE MAY BE POTENTIALLY BILLIONS OF CREDITS WORTH IN RECOVERABLE ASSETS, OR EVEN POSSIBLY REPURPOSING THEM TO THE BENEFIT OF NOT JUST THE LEAGUE, BUT TO THE BENEFIT OF THE KITONAK PEOPLE.

WITH A POTENTIAL WINDFALL IN STORE. THE RTL SENDS ITS PERSONNEL TO SECURE THE MOST SENSITIVE SALVAGE AFTER OBTAINING PERMISSION FROM THE KITONAK'S LEADERS IN EXCHANGE FOR SUBSTANTIAL CUTS OF THE RESOURCES RECOVERED...

OBJECTIVE 1: POTPOURRI

THERE ARE SIMPLY SO MANY SHIPS IN THE GRAVEYARD THAT LEAGUE SANCTIONED SCAVENGERS ARE FREE TO KEEP ANY SALVAGE OF PERSONAL INTEREST SO LONG AS THEY FULFILL LEAGUE QUOTAS ON RECOVERING STARFIGHTER POWER PLANTS OR PARTS TO SUCH DEVICES, INTACT AMMO AND MEDICINE CRATES, MOLECULAR FURNACE EQUIPMENT, RARE ELEMENTS, WEAPONRY, ALONG WITH ARMOR AND GEAR. EVERY LITTLE PIECE HELPS. DON'T BE AFRAID TO TAKE A LITTLE OF WHAT THE LEAGUE IS AFTER FOR YOURSELF IF IT SHOULD SO INTEREST YOU.

OBJECTIVE 2: REPURPOSING.

OF SECONDARY IMPORTANCE IS THE SALVAGING AND REPURPOSING OF STARSHIP HULLS TO CREATE VIABLE SHELTERS AND STORAGE FACILITIES, GRADUALLY TRANSFORMING THE GRAVEYARD INTO POSSIBLY THE START OF A THRIVING STAR PORT. ASSIST LEAGUE PERSONNEL IN CLEARING OUT HAZARDS AND DANGEROUS PREDATORS. ANYTHING YOU HAPPEN TO FIND THAT YOU LIKE ENOUGH TO KEEP WILL BE COUNTED AS HAZARD PAY

OBJECTIVE 3: RECONSTRUCTION

PARTS ARE CONSTANTLY BEING RECOVERED FROM THE GRAVEYARD, TO THE EXTENT ITS ACTUALLY POSSIBLE TO PIECE TOGETHER A PERFECTLY WORKING STARFIGHTER WITH ENOUGH EFFORT. WHETHER THE PARTS MATCH OR NOT IS OF SECONDARY CONCERN, THOUGH YOU WILL EARN EXTRA SHOULD YOU PUT TOGETHER A STARFIGHTER AS CLOSE TO ORIGINAL FACTORY SPEC AS POSSIBLE. BOND WITH YOUR FELLOW LEAGUE MEMBERS IN ASSEMBLING STARFIGHTERS. KEEP ONE FOR YOURSELF.

OBJECTIVE 4: BYOO

Wearing: Prototype Armor

Armed with: Nathan's Lightsaber

Objective: Mixed

A number of Gozanti Cruisers had arrived well before the rest of the League was due. These Cruisers were associated with Bacta-Works of Epica, it's operations rapidly starting to expand with the sales of its two primary Bacta Formulas. It was starting to pick up new trade routes, buy stations for new outposts at the edge of league space, and a few new ones in previously unexplored territory within league space itself. Since their synthetic Bacta came cheap and could be made in large quantities, they were quickly becoming a welcome sight when encountered. They had set up in the less critically important areas of salvage, away from the warships. The primary concern seemed to be hull scavenging, melting the scrap down to ingots on site and then hauling it off once it had been properly cooled.

About a half hour later, a small stock freighter set down three kilometers from where the four cruisers had set up shop. From it stepped a man in black and red armor with an armored jacket, a Lightsaber dangling from his belt. Accompanying him was Lynda, known to her mother as Westenra Mina Westenra Mina , known to the Alliance as The Demon of Jedha. She wore an armorweave red catsuit and carried an Electrostaff.

Lynda looked at the wreckage all around her.

"Oh, the things you can hide in a place like this. A pity it's all going to get civilized..."

"Yes, it's a shame, isn't it? All my best hiding spots in the Plague were places like this." he remarked. "Rimward Jedi really should think about not making their headquarters so obvious, like Dagobah. Don't see the point in all that fancy."

"You prefer Jedi hide like rats?" Lynda asked.

"History justifies such thought processes. Rats do survive in deep enough caves."

"Until someone thinks to bring a fumigator." Lynda replied. "Or a torch."

Nathan stopped, eyed her.

Lynda sighed.

"Forgive me. That was uncalled for." Lynda added in delicately.

"Whatever." Nathan replied in a cold manner, heading to the dig site where the Soldier Biots waited in their desert camo armorweave catsuits, searchlights trained on a seemingly innocuous mountain of junk.

"What's so important you get me up in the middle of the night?" Nathan asked the lead Biot in charge, Dulcinea.

"Me and the girls were scavving this place out for loot like we usually do, when we come across a door, protected by a Force Field, powered by a Star Destroyer reactor."

"Interesting, but I don't see why that concerns me." Nathan replied crossly, folding his arms.

Dulcinea gestured for him to follow her to the massive, pieced together door recessed into the junk mountain, and pointed out the half faded symbol on the front.

"I've seen it in some of the sections of those cruisers you use." she muttered.

Nathan's face was unreadable due to the crimson mask.

"Well done, Dulcinea. You did the right thing, coming to me with this. I thank you."

"We almost got the Force Field down. We're prepping a team for entry." Dulcinea remarked.

"No. I must go in. Alone."

Dulcinea nodded and Nathan headed over to Lynda.

"What is it?" Lynda asked, leaning against her staff.

"I have to go inside that place alone."

Lynda's expression grew intensely curious. "What? Why?"

"I don't know why. I just know I have to." Nathan spoke.

"What if it's dangerous?"

"You know the score. Place like that? Can't be anything but dangerous."

"I'll be on standby." Lynda offered.

"You'll do better helping the league elsewhere." Nathan replied. "Try not to get your head blown off. You're no good to me dead."

(Cutaway of Boba Fett sitting by an elegant fireplace with double thumbs up nodding)

"You be careful too." Lynda replied.

"We're not buddies, Demon of Jedha." Nathan replied icily heading to the entrance of the concealed chamber.

"Open it." Nathan told the biots.

The Force Field cut, door opening...

"It's a good thing we cut a deal with the Kitonak before the Squibs did," Xam replied, squinting at the sight of the junkyard. "This would be enough to make them consider themselves the richest planet in the galaxy."

"Well, it'll give us a solid boost, too," one of the other ORDC technicians replied, glancing up from a power generator she was getting up and running.

"We don't need a boost," Xam replied with a huff. "We have commerce and investment to keep the ORDC going."

"I meant, in general," the technician replied. Xam sighed.

"I suppose. We might be able to get another fleet put together with this junk."

"Maybe with the Squibs," Xam replied, "I know we can't build warships out of this, but the least we can do is repair and repurpose the life support and hydroponic systems."

NotNybs.png

Objective: 1 - Potpourri
Equipment: Skinsuit, Flight-suit, Jacket, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Mix and Match Harness, Discreet Hearing Enhancer - Left Ear
Weapons: Fusioncutter, Long Handled Double Lightsaber, Concealed Blaster, Nasty-Stabby
Ship: Flying the YZ-1408 "Skiptown", The Buzzard haphazardly magnetized to hull, V-2 Minimech 'Skid'
Tags: Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl
2pttoeJ.png

Space had always seemed so far away when her eyes were cast up to the stars at night.

From the window of hospital rooms, or the temple grounds on a last night crusade for after hours snacks, it had been a frightening concept to think on. It was cold for one. Colder than anything had any right to be. The lack of breathable air was nothing to shake a stick at either.

And moving was a downright pain.

No matter how uselessly one threw their arms or wiggled about, Space never gave up more than the spot one occupied. And having the humorous commentary from a comfortably positioned droid didn't help the matter.

The Visor of her flight suit brilliant against the black as the Plasma beam of the fusion cutter slowly released the engine from its formerly secure mounting brackets. The starfighter once in a wild spin until the Skiptown had compromised its integrity with ingenious use of a tow cable.

Perhaps not ingenious but she wasn't after the whole thing though.

A few scans showing some potential worth in a few different smaller vessels, along with a few items that had been placed on the League roster for salvage. If some similar pieces ended up on the Skiptown as upgrades, well that was an investment she figured in a roundabout way.

The Cutter sputtered, the beam switched off before clipping it to her harness and grabbing the end of the tow cable.

A tiny boost of the repulsors, and a secure hold with her boot against the remaining hull had her upright and facing the engine.

<"Almost ready with another one Skid."> Hands turning over one another to spool the cable around the engine.

A loop forming to the far end before a quick tug had it clinching around it. A dissatisfied smile forming as she loosened and snapped the line loose to fix its placement. Last thing she needed was the thing twisting and knocking her loose.

A minute of frustrated back and forth ended with the cable secured around the midsection of the thing with a pleased grin. A final check of the line before holding firmly onto it and removing her foot from the hull.

<"Reel us in."> The slight vibration of the motor drawing the cable tight finding her gaze on her hand in a fleeting moment of panic. Intrusive wonder if she'd wrapped her hand in the cord spiking the pleased mood with fear.

Relief at seeing her hand free of being cinched short lived as the engine assembly, and herself, were pulled toward the waiting cargo pod.

She'd come back for the internals after positioning the engine with the others she'd already ripped from other small vessels. A half neat stack of now three engines set to the back corner of the pod and secured with cargo straps.

Smaller vital systems and power plants also kept in place with netting and straps alike with the pod disconnected from the rest of the Skiptown's systems.

2UT5QVI.png

Ship graveyards were not an unusual sight for him. Tends to happen when you grow up with a father who owns a salvage company. Yet it had been a long time since he had actually had the chance to salvage. Before attending Metharg University, Makai had been working more on the geological and mining side of his father's business. Didn't mean he still didn't have a knack for salvage, it was something he had been doing since he was six years old.

He stood among a dirt patch surrounded by twisted metal, taking notes on the types of vessels he had seen on the fly over. Makai wasn't sure of the state of many of them but if things weren't picked over it could be a goldmine. Wheels were already turning in his head, wondering the procedure for setting up some type of contract with the Rimward Trade League. From what he could tell, they were big on getting their cut - taxes of some sort or kickbacks for the government. Something his father would handle. Makai was on the scouting end of this.

Datapad was slipped into his pocket and he adjusted his rucksack of tools. Better get moving onto a piece of capital ship he saw in the distance.

Fire with Fire, Bolt for Bolt

WJuKlNT.jpg

:// ... LOCATION > KIRDO III ...
:// ... SOUNDTRACK > BUSY EARNIN' ...

:// ... SCAVVING ON KIRDO III > OBJ I > POTPURRI ...
Arcadian-Divider01.png

:// ... HOURS BEFORE ...

"It's not here?" Arcadian asked, quizzical eyes beneath his tangerine mask furrowing in confusion. He recited the contract again, for the hundredth time, in his mind: 'Salvagers and Prospectors wanted on Kirdo III.'

This was Kirdo III. And Cade was a salvager. Technically. But where were the bloody ships?

"I dunno," the Aqualish said with a disinterested shrug. If only he could see the rueful Ubese's glare. It could pierce the hide of a Krayt dragon. Arcadian shook his head in disbelief, turning to leave the being's ramshackle hut, when the bug-eyed broker regained his interest with an unfortunate bit of information.

"Could try the debris field."

Arcadian-Divider01-2.png

As most intelligent folk do, Cade prefers to be inside the ship when performing daring excursions in the cold vacuum of space. The confines of his M33 Starcrawler, the Jericho, were far more appealing that drifting in a starship graveyard above a barren rock in the Outer Rim. But once again, the glittering allure of Talons and Credits were irresistible.

The Ubese angled his fusion cutter, freeing the last bit of durasteel that held his mark's cargo bulkhead in place. The massive storage container gave way, drifting slowly away from its freighter.

"There we have it," Arcadian croaked through the comms. Even with months spent around the Leaguers, his vocal cords were still having trouble adjusting to the unusual pitch and tone of Galactic Basic. He much preferred his native tongue. It was polite to conform, however.

He watched approvingly as Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl detached an engine from her vessel of choice. An involuntary nod, likely unnoticed in the black of space, went out to her work. For a Jedi, she was quite resourceful in the way of... civilian skills. Perhaps the young Zeltron was of a more secular realm than her mystic brethren. With careful hands, Arcadian attacked his own tether to his prize and gave it a slow, gravity-hindered pat before radioing the go-ahead.

"I'm clear here, Jedi," he said. Though truthfully, investigating the interior of the freighter before him was more appealing than simply strapping up its cargo hold. He wondered if the Padawan girl felt the same lust for dangerous escapades.

Probably so.

Untitled-design-16.png

Last edited:

NotNybs.png

Equipment: Skinsuit, Flight-suit, Jacket, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Mix and Match Harness, Discreet Hearing Enhancer - Left Ear
Weapons: Fusioncutter, Long Handled Double Lightsaber, Concealed Blaster, Nasty-Stabby
Ship: Flying the YZ-1408 "Skiptown", The Buzzard haphazardly magnetized to hull, V-2 Minimech 'Skid'
Tags: Arcadian Arcadian
2pttoeJ.png

The radio chatter was something she was getting used to, and the small nod was indeed missed even with the large dome of vision she was permitted through her suit.

A look thrown towards the Ubese that was out here with here after his first transmission.

He didn't seem in distress and was likely just gabbing by the gist of it. He'd been getting better about his use of Galactic Standard, but she was still interested in learning about his actual language.

The second transmission came through as she was finishing up, the slow look towards his vessel then him getting a thumbs up.

<"Copy that Arc. And Jedi's a bit formal. Lo works."> She pushed out from the hold, trying to use small adjustments to swing herself over to his vessel. A small and silent thud as she missed the mark by half a meter was adjusted quickly with a soft spin.

<"One second. I'm,"> Effort plain as she grabbed the controller and gave a quick test to the power switch. <"At the control. Your hands clear?">

2UT5QVI.png

WJuKlNT.jpg

:// ... OBJ I > POTPURRI ...
Arcadian-Divider01.png

<“As you wish,”> Arcadian croaked.

Lo.’ Familiarity with a Jedi was not something he’d anticipated. It almost felt pleasant, if not for the bad blood between his clan and those who call themselves Lightsiders.

If he weren’t constrained by the ironically confines bounds of antigravity, he’d shrug.

‘Lo is not like other Jedi,’ he reminded his bitter mind. He fought the ingrained Ubese nature of blanketing the majority with the transgressions of the few.

<“Clear.”>

He watched through his narrow visor as the Zeltron took the proverbial reins. She bumbled at first, but was quick to correct the mistake. Fluid, like water, through the vacuum. He doubted he could do it any better.

<“You’re good at this,”> Cade’s voice rasped through the comms. A rare compliment, and one that he truly meant.

Good at salvaging. Good at navigating the vacsuit’s limited mobility. Good at not stabbing him with her lightsaber. Arcadian cracked an even rarer smile beneath the visage of his helm.

‘Lo is not like other Jedi.’

Untitled-design-16.png

NotNybs.png

2pttoeJ.png

She spared a thumbs up his direction, even if he couldn't see it from that distance. Watching the line draw in the slack before drawing taught as it reeled in the prize of their labors. Wiggling a little to a tune in her head as she watched carefully for any trouble.

So far the biggest trouble had been figuring out how to get everything moved. Or stationary at times.

The compliment had her grinning behind the visor.

<"You aren't bad at this yourself."> She gave a compliment back, still hearing that tune play in her head as she kept her eyes on the line.

A quick glance back to make sure the cable tracked properly on the spool.

<"You're gonna feel a slight push here in a second to slow you down."> A warning before she did anything. <"You aren't coming in to fast but thats pretty bulky and even a little speed will be trouble in zero-g.">

Her informing finished as her hand extended, focus pointed towards the cargo with a deep breath.

She'd never been the best with push and pull using the force, at least not compared to some. It felt like a choked water spigot with the effort she was putting in. The bulk of the container still drawing close and creating a bit of slack as she doubled down.

Slow. Easy. Slow. But not stop.

The worry of her own existence slowly coming to mind as the pod continued with its same speed. A more worried draw of air as her concentration began to waver.

Slow. Easy. But not stop.

2UT5QVI.png

WJuKlNT.jpg

Arcadian-Divider01.png

A slight nod, as Arcadian watched Lossa with interest. The Jedi were famous - or perhaps infamous - for their ability to manipulate the world around them with the Force. But despite this defining skill, he’d never seen one actually use the Force up close.

At least, not in a beneficial capacity.

Sith lightning was a terrifying weapon he’d witnessed once before, when a fellow brother from the plains of Uba thought it wise to cross their dark employer. It ended badly.

Cade observed the young Jedi carefully. He kept his hands clear of the tether, mindful not to interrupt what he assumed was a tense exertion of energy on part of his companion. But when the bulkhead seemed to slip beyond her control, he drifted closer to help.

<“Breathe,”> he reminded her. His raspy voice sounded pinched, but his nerves were steeled.

<“I am here. We can do this.”>

Untitled-design-16.png

NotNybs.png

2pttoeJ.png

A deeper breath found focus. The reassurance furthering the point of need as she let go of worry. Let go of anxiety. Concern and even just a spot of bravado spurring her to act as the mass shuddered in its path.

The growing sensation of weight in her mind. In her hand. In the breath she took.

Slow.

The mass seemed to lurch along the line, the tether straining to pull as her other hand eased the speed control lever back. A strange image of those claw games back home flitting into her mind, causing a smile to appear as she took an easy draw of air.

Easy.

The mass slowed, easing along now as the weight against her own senses became familiar. Became easier to manage. Eventually drawing to a halt as her gloved hand touched the container and the winch was shut off.

An exhale of tension that found her shoulders tight and strained outside of her notice.

<"That. Went well."> Eyes wide with joy at the sight, a silent laugh taking hold as she threw her arms up in celebration. <"Ho-boy. Let's. Let's get this inside.">

2UT5QVI.png

WJuKlNT.jpg

Arcadian-Divider01.png

A grin spread across Cade's face as the Jedi corrected the cargo hold and eased it to its mark. Watching her use of the Force without fear of being attacked was remarkable. He took mental notes, both from the perspective of curious observer and careful combatant.

Truthfully, he wasn't sure how much help he actually offered Lo, but maybe his ornamental presence was what she needed most. It never hurts to have the support of a friendly face - even if it was hidden behind a mask.

And from behind that mask, his voice croaked, <"Well done. Now let's see what's inside.">

By most measures, Arcadian was a simple man with simple tastes. He wasn't known for being overly sway in one direction or the other. But when it came to treasure - especially those which he bartered for information on - Cade was very excitable.

He drifted his way to the airlock, eager to see what was inside the bulkhead.

Untitled-design-16.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom