Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Return of the Sages | GA Dominion of Dorin Hex

y0ZHF35.png

RETURN OF THE SAGES

GA DOMINION OF DORIN

div-goldiguess.png

Little time has passed since the Mandalorian Invasion of the Galactic Alliance

Since that initial salvo, the question has arisen if the Galactic Alliance was still capable of securing its borders and preventing another strike as some believe that the very heart of the Alliance, Coruscant, may be the next target. Some Systems have already begun to weigh their options of seceding from the Alliance as mention of Rebellion and Civil Unrest grows along the frontier Systems. Still, some believe throwing in with the Galactic Alliance would secure their future, and that they would be better off than on their own.

This has been the thought of the Kel Dor

div-goldiguess.png

Jedi_meeting.png

Objective I - NJO and Diplomats

Return of the Sages

The Kel Dor race has a long history of Force-sensitive individuals and among the most well known are the Baran Do Sages. Before the Jedi Civil War, an Enclave had been constructed on the surface of the planet, fully funded by the Old Republic, and operational until the practitioners were decimated by Sith Assassins. The New Jedi Order was recently approached by one of the last of these Sages with an offer to reclaim and rebuild the now-ruined Enclave so that both traditions may continue to thrive.

nar24vF.png

Objective II - SIA, Law Enforcement, and GADF

Consequences

Before their petition to join the Galactic Alliance, Dorin was known to have fallen under the administration of the New Imperial Order and its former Territories. During this time, the City of Dor'galk housed an Imperial Prison Complex which was the nexus of a Prison Break. While many of those Imperials that staffed the complex have managed to escape Off-Planet; SIA Agents and Alliance Investigators have been tasked with assisting the locals with tracking and apprehending those remaining Imperial Officers and Loyalists that are still at large.

affabanner.png

Objective III - Scientist, Observers, and Sightseers

Threading the Needle

The Planet of Dorin is known to sit between two Black Holes which makes travel to and from the planet difficult enough as is without needing to worry about the many storms and dangerous weather patterns that are known to ravage the surface. Recently, the Kel Dor have managed to establish an observation station at a relatively safe distance from the Black Holes to study these Stellar Annomolies and ensure that the orbit of Dorin is not at threat of decay. In the last few years, a Rogue Planetoid has made its way into the Dorin System and is now poised to fall victim to the accretion disk and be torn apart, truly a once-in-a-lifetime event.

div-goldiguess.png

BYOO

The Planet of Dorin and the Kel Dor Species have much to offer those who are restless and seeking other experiences. Just remember to bring your breath mask!

Damian Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Objective: Threading the Needle
Outfit

JiGZUcY.png

Damian sat perfectly still, his eyes open and his hands pressed on his lap with his cape gently covering them. The void of space was already a dark place, sparsely filled with specks of light of far distant stars. Cold, inhabitable, and empty. Yet, Black Holes were quite different despite the name given to them. They consumed everything that dared tread too close and if anything moved within its gravitational pull, Well. . . you become a part of something much bigger and in some ways far more powerful.

The Black Hole Observatory sat perfectly in a safe zone and it offered a unique look into one of most mysterious celestial anomalies ever encountered. I guess a mystery so grand it’s only second to the Force. Damian wondered if someone would discover what lies beyond the singularity of a Black Hole before a Jedi Master fully admits there was nothing left for them learn from the Force.

A soft ring came from a data-slate next to Damian, his hand reached for it and with a quick glance he simply muted the notification. His business on the planet’s surface had concluded, at least in his mind, and Damian calculated that should there be any deviation to his plans it should come only after a few days of studying. I hate making rash decisions with such little time for proper debriefing. With a soft sigh Damian turned his attention back to the Black Holes, They look quite majestic, in a quite brutal and unforgiving type of way, but majestic all the same.

Damian wondered if he should risk closer travel, as if facing down a Black Hole was some sort of challenge to overcome.

Vy2NTqS.png

|| Open ||​

Tides of Change

Jedi_meeting.png

Dorin
Return of the Sages

div-green.png

Opportunities like this came once, maybe twice in a lifetime. Rebuilding lost temples, bridging the gap between Force traditions - that was Elias’ bread and butter. Getting to do both simultaneously was an offer he simply couldn’t refuse. He arrived alone, landing the Calypso out of the way for other ships to make supply drops. By the looks of the place, there’d be lots of them.

Magnificent…” he whispered to himself as he stepped through the forgotten halls. Cracked stone and busted facades left a chalky veneer over everything. Already, Elias had grey powder all over his boost and trousers.

He didn’t mind, though. He gently brushed his hands along the walls, pulling dust from the stone as he explored. It would serve as a rudimentary way-marker in case he got lost inside. Elias expected company soon, though, so he wasn’t overly concerned with losing his position. His thoughts were instead focused on the Baran Do.

The Jedi was steeped in contemplation, thinking of ways to bring the New Jedi and the Sages together. He eventually came to a larger chamber with rounded walls and carved benches. A meditation room, perhaps? It would serve well as one, in any case.

Elias brushed the monolithic pee and sat cross-legged atop it. He breathed in the earthy air, closed his eyes, and allowed his mind to wander through the Force energies that surrounded this place.

- Open -​

nar24vF.png

Objective: Consequences
Theme: Fly Like An Eagle

GADividerWhite.png

//: Coruscant Security Force HQ…

Imperials?” Harvey repeated, for clarity.

Yeah, you know- used to be part of the Empire?

I know who the goddamn Imperials are,” Harvey spat at the man. It wasn’t a question of who, but why? The Imperial Order collapsed years ago. What were they holding onto?

Between the prison outbreak and the Empire’s collapse, Harvey assumed all the fancy Imperial bootlickers had fethed off to find stronger asses to kiss. Apparently, he was wrong.

There’s still a handful of loyalists and sympathizers on Dorin,” the handler explained, dropping his sarcastic remarks in favor of a proper briefing.

SIA’s stretched thin and things have been quiet on Coruscant, so we’re pulling you to help track down some Imps.

The detective crossed his arms and frowned.

I don’t work for SIA,” he said flatly. The handler smirked.

You will when you see the paycheck. Check your account on the way. Big Brother pays well.

//: Dorin…

Harvey stepped out of the unmarked SIA shuttle and stretched the kink out of his spine, taking in the spaceport in all its glory. His reluctant feet took him to the meeting spot, where he hoped other agents were already gathered. Being late was a specialty of his, and he didn’t plan on breaking his streak so far from home.

He sipped at a cup of hot stimcaf along the way. It was a ritual for the detective. He’d even go so far to say that the worse crime was showing up to a call without a cup of Joe. But maybe he bought it for the familiarity; Harv had never hunted Imperials before. They felt like forgotten relics from a bygone era, until you’re face-to-face with one.

Then, you remember what it was like.

Harvey shuddered. He knew what it felt like to live under those bastards. To be afraid. Subjugated.

He wasn’t fond of SIA, but if they were here to route out Imps, he figured they could get along for now. A few more steps further and he was outside the safehouse. He knocked the sequence he was given, and a moment later, the door slid open. Harv took a solid gulp of caf, then stepped inside.

GADividerWhite.png

- Open -

Last edited:

Attempting to reach objective RETURN OF THE SAGES

"So, do you like, know Ko Vuto Ko Vuto ?”

On her way to the Baran Do hub, Cora had complemented a young Kel'dor woman on her outfit. A conversation sparked, and soon the Jedi was fielding questions from a group of teenaged girls. At first, she thought they were simply interested in talking to an off-worlder.

"Oh," Cora nodded. It was a question that made sense. Dorin was Ko's home, after all. "I do, yes."

"But do you like, know know him?" The girl pressed. "Like, have you talked to him?"

"I have talked to him." Cora confirmed. "Ko is a friend of mine. We actually started training roughly around…"

The group let out a flurry of giggles.

"Isn't he soooo cute?"

"I bet he's really heroic in battle!"

"I heard that he can grow plants and stuff with the Force. Maybe he'll grow a flower for me!"

Cora blinked. Once, twice. It occurred to her that Kel'dor were so divergent from humans that she had no idea how Ko's looks were perceived by someone of his same species. Apparently, quite positive.

"It's kind of unfortunate that his friends aren't as…"

"Shhh don't say that! It's rude!"

The blonde adjusted her breath mask, finding the device quite uncomfortable. Was this what Ko had to deal with long-term? Force, she couldn't blame him for unleashing a canister of Dorin gas in his room that one time.

"Maybe you look better without the mask?"
One of the girls offered. "Do you have a picture of yourself?"

"Er. Yes, I do…”

Taken aback by one of the more forward girls, Cora retrieved her datapad and pulled out a photo of the time she'd gone to the zoo with Makko Vyres Makko Vyres , Colette Colette , and Shan Pavond Shan Pavond .

As she held it out, the girls gathered around.

The silence was rather loud.

"Oh."

yY25iSp.png
Ship: The Red Night
Weapons:
Sith Lightsaber - Concealed within R4-Z3
Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania
Objective: Return of the Sages (Almost)

<You're lost.> R4 chirped, as the aged green astromech followed along behind him.

"I'm not lost." Gatz objected, "I just... wanted to take the scenic route."

He was lost. Completely. Gatz had never been to Dorin before, not even back in his smuggling days. He'd never wanted to chance being on a world where he couldn't breathe the air. And considering how itchy his mask felt, and how it obstructed his vision just enough to be annoying, Gatz was starting to think that he'd had the right idea.

<Just ask for directions.>

"I don't need directions, I know exactly where I'm going."

<Look, there's a group of girls over there. I'm gonna ask them for directions.>

"No, don't do—"

But R4 was already whirling off, rolling on his little wheels in the direction of the gaggle of women who were chatting animatedly with... Cora? Honestly, Gatz wouldn't have been able to tell it was her by sight alone, not with their stupid masks in the way. But he knew Cora's presence in the Force. Not as well as he knew Valery's or Briana's, but it was unmistakable this close up.

Gatz didn't need help finding his way. But if he did, he wouldn't mind Cora nudging him in the right direction.

He stepped up to their little group only moments after R4 had, just in time to catch the tail end of Cora's conversation with the women, and the astounding silence and little "Oh" that was muttered at the reveal of what the former Princess looked like. Gatz's eye twitched. He looked around to see if Makko was anywhere nearby to defend his girlfriend, but came up short.

Gatz really didn't want to get involved in what might turn into girl drama, but it was Cora, so...

"I know you girls might not understand, considering the differences in our culture, but by human standards Cora is gorgeous. And very fashionable."

Last edited:
Dorin, home of the Baran Do Sages. This wasn't the first time Vulpesen had walked their temples and he was sorry to see the state that they were in. On his last visit, he'd been a teenager with a blaster and a thirst for knowledge. Now he was in his nineties, leading a planet and his own force order, the Veran Wilders. "Order and security," he scoffed, looking over at a desecrated pillar. "As if imperials have ever brought anything but subjugation and destruction."

A pointed ear flicked and Vulpesen turned to see a jedi in meditation. A familiar face, though only just, Vulpesen approached witha smile growing on his face. The imperials might have wrecked the planets they came to, but there was always those who would come to rebuilt. "Master Edo! Its been a while, sir." A black tail flicked behind the Valde as he strode forward. Their acquaintance had been brief, the jedi master having attended Vulpesen's first lesson as a wilder to his order.

Thankfully, compared to most of the relief force, Vulpesen was perhaps a bit more comfortable. The upgrades to his armor in tandem with his mask's rebreather system did much to keep him comfortable and alive despite the planet's inhospitable atmosphere. Although, it did have the particular downside of making the Archon look as though he were there on purposes of warfare as opposed to aiding with rebuilding what had been destroyed.

Elias Edo Elias Edo

Last edited:

d1njzqu-297af609-e30a-4502-8686-a057e3674b77.jpg

Objective: BYOO
Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Z9U36lL.png
It has been over ten years now since Ko had last seen his homeworld. Well, perhaps visit was a better word. The young Kel Dor wasn’t going to be seeing much of anything around here. But fortunately for Ko he wasn’t alone, this was all an effort to bring Dorin and her people within the greater alliance. That was at least what the government wanted. The NJO was primarily here to reconnect with ancient friends and to rebuild what was once lost.

When Ko was last here, the planet was in the midst of much unrest and uncertainty. When trust in Imperial longevity was shaken. When he was a Sage, before he was even a youngling. The Baran Do were ever a particularly large Force Tradition and always had a limited number within its ranks. Which has occasionally worked in its favor as it safe guarded the Sages from the Second Jedi Purge during a prior time of Imperial supremacy.

Now the Baran Do was stretched pretty thin while Dorin and her people had to fend for themselves. Ko hoped with The Galactic Alliance could help alleviate the strain of loneliness.

While here, Ko was to reconnect with his roots. He would be a Sage once again over a Jedi, if only temporarily. While the other Jedi were here for more diplomatic reasons. Ko’s mission was much more personal. He walked the distantly familiar halls of the Baran Do temple on Dor’shan. A large trapezoid-esque building within the planet’s capital.. Along with him was his Jedi Master, Jonyna Si Jonyna Si . The young Kel Dor was missing his distinctive antiox mask and goggles. Although inplace of the former he wore a simple wrap over his burnt eye sockets as to conceal the nasty injury he sustained a while back.

“Much of the childhood memories I had were here Master Si. I was brought here was I was only four.” Ko explained to the Cathar woman, who got to be the one wearing a mask this time. “It kind of feels like a lifetime ago.” Ten years were a bigger deal when you’re younger.

Eventually Ko instinctively perked up some when he senses a familiar presence in The Force. “Well you really have grown up a lot haven’t you Young Vuto?Said one of the Sages as they approached. “I think you’re even taller than your brother was when he first brought you to the temple all those years ago.” When she got a closer look at Ko they tilted their heads some. “My my, parts of your face have gotten a bit pale.” Even here among his kin, Ko could stand out among them. “No worries though, it’s the mark of an intrepid individual here on Dorrin.” They explained, as it was a sign of someone who has spent a lot of time offworld and wore their mask.

Ko gave a respective bow to the Sage as she approached. “Sage Pon Dool, it’s good to see you again after all this time. Oh and this is my mentor in the New Jedi Order, Master Si.” Ko said, introducing his Cathar mentor to the Sage as her white eyes gaze over to the Jedi Knight. Seemingly a little perplexed by the feline figure training the young Kel Dor.

“A Pleasure to meet you Master Jedi. I was Ko’s mentor for his brief training within our halls here at the temple.”

"I know you girls might not understand, considering the differences in our culture, but by human standards Cora is gorgeous. And very fashionable."

"Yeah, good try, but that doesn't really mean anything in this instance," Jalen noted as he made his way over, hands firmly in pockets.

It was kind of Gatz to try, but he was not a young girl nor a Kel Dor. The chances of him being able to get that point across was slim to none, and that was rich coming from the blind guy. It hardly mattered anyways. The appearence of the flesh was only tangible for a limited time. It took little more than a simple mistake to rip that sensation away. Auras could not so easily be errased.

"I'd be more worried about what Ko would think," he remarked with a grin. "His friends mean a great deal to him. What would he think about a gaggle of teens calling them ugly?"

He sighed, pulling his hallikset off his back and beginning to play a tune as he leaned against a nearby pillar...

"Just a thought," the young man shrugged.

Marshal Inspector / Reserve Ranger
nar24vF.png

OBJECTIVE II
kk9peKp.png

Kol Ambo came out of hyperspace just outside of planetary orbit.

A bit too close. A bit too reckless. His Rigger was nondescript. An old ship of unremarkable ability. It'd been around the block a few times, and looked like it.

Dorin Orbital Control was quick to reach out on the com frequencies. Kol touched a button on his console and responded to their urgent communique. "This is Captain Karl Regin of the Cantankerous Kitty. Coming in for a berth at Dor'galk. Carrying two-hundred bottles of Quanya for local sale."

There was a delay. Then a brief admonishment before he got his approach vector and assigned landing zone.

Anyone doing a search on Captain Karl Regin would find Kol Ambo's face attached to a long list of arrests and a short list of convictions. He was a career criminal who'd managed to stay out of the worst sorts of trouble.

The file hinted at smuggling. But Captain Regin never spent more than a day in jail, with most penalties being either fines or probation. On occasion, he'd been bailed out by Troya Trisk, a lawyer in service to the Hutt Cartels. She'd died last year along with her employer in one of the cartel wars... but the mere association of Troya Trisk with Karl Regin spoke volumes.

He'd smuggled for the Hutts, and he was good enough at his job that they'd made an effort to keep him out of prison.

But the file also suggested that he'd recently lost his employer. Which meant he was either freelancing now, or he'd found a new organization to serve.

None of that was true, of course. It was a crock of lies that the Holonet would cough up on demand because Kol had planted the appropriate hairballs there. Kol didn't know who would check his name and read those lies. But when they did, he wanted them to come to the right sorts of conclusions about him.

Which was to say- the wrong sorts.

'Cantankerous Kitty' set down on the assigned landing pad.

Last week, she'd been the Clueless Kitty. Next week, she'd be Clueless again. For now, she was as much undercover as Kol himself was.

The engines powered down, and Kol got up.

Time to get to work.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

“A Pleasure to meet you Master Jedi. I was Ko’s mentor for his brief training within our halls here at the temple.”

Jonyna had come with her own mask this time, making the oxygenless atmosphere suitable for her to walk around, even if it meant she was on the flip side of her padawan this time. With Dorin now looking for entry to the GA, she looked to finally take the chance to connect with his world. Not as just a jedi, but as a mother.

"It's a treat." Jonyna smiled under her mask.
"I've taken a lot of pride training Ko to try and become the knight I wish I could've been."

Tag: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

nar24vF.png

Dorrin
div-purple.png
Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble BB-610 BB-610

"I don't think Master Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren will be angry with us for this,"
Vera theorized, as she walked down the streets with both her brother and Bee. "I already contacted the police, and they will help us apprehend anybody we can find. But... this was just too perfect of a chance, Aris!" Vera exclaimed with a proud smile. "Maybe my visions can finally help people besides the family." If she could just see where these Imperials were hiding, she'd be able to rat them out.

Then, together with the police, they could easily catch them. Most of these Imperials were leftovers from the Empire, and it was unlikely that they'd risk their own lives fighting a police raid and two Jedi Padawans.

Most Imperials weren't suicidal.

"We also have Bee with us! Right, Bee?" She grinned and patted the droid atop his head. "Mom used to work for the SIA too, when she was still a Jedi Shadow. It'll be cool to see what kind of stuff she used to do."

GADividerPurple.png

"Hopefully she won't be mad at us."

The last time had gotten them in a lot more trouble than he wanted to be in again. But, they weren't here to really fight, just point out the Imperial spies and help the SIA. Much like mom would. Though, was he really going to be much help with that? If they weren't fighting, he was likely just going to be standing around waiting for Vera's visions.

And not doing anything. He sighed a little, frowned just a bit more. It'd be really annoying to get in trouble for something he wasn't actually even able to do to begin with.

"But, yeah. We do have you Bee. We can at least do a mission together again, right?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble | BB-610 BB-610

"Heard a tale once that Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill flew into one of these gravity wells," a soft whistle pierced the senator's introspection, "Emperor's iron bones!"

He looked clean for a spacer. Something like authority radiated from his worn old Kathol Navy field jacket. Captain Drake studied the young politician with an effervescent smile. Perhaps he'd been drawn here by hair as miraculous as his own immaculate coif.

"Nice threads kid," he nodded appreciatively, "Dressed up for the show? Can't believe I didn't think of that."

Drake's blaster dangled from the same bantha leather belt he always wore. He could draw and throw the tehk'la blade in his boot without looking. Survival in the outback demanded frontier instincts but those were not easy to cast aside during such rare visits to more civilized space. Something that did not smell like water sloshed in his flask when the captain took a swig.

"Lucky for us both I brought some corellian brandy."

Last edited:
ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

nar24vF.png

CONSEQUENCES

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: Dorin |
| TAG: Vera Noble Vera Noble | Aris Noble Aris Noble |

BB-610 strolled closely behind the eldest Noble children, his photoreceptors keeping a constant lookout for any conspicuous behavior as they roamed the streets of Dorin. As always, the droid had accompanied the pair in part because of his overprotective and worry-prone nature, still unused to seeing Valery and Kahlil's kids partaking in direct missions.

A part of him knew that he'd have to shed those worries sooner or later, however. They were growing up, and it was a tough pill to swallow for the little astromech - especially now that these once itty bitty nuisances now directly outranked him in the eyes of the galaxy. BB-610 was going to have to stop seeing himself as a babysitter to them and more as an assistant, just as he was to their parents, but that was easier said than done.

"We also have Bee with us! Right, Bee?"

He chirped a bubbly 'yup!' in affirmation, cooing affectionately in response to Vera's pats. An idle glance over to Aris gave the droid the glimpse of a frown, and BB-610 worriedly narrowed his optic, a sinking suspicion that something felt off. He had a ways to go in terms of self-worth, and a pang of sadness welled at the droid's core. BB-610 may have known Vera longer, but it was Aris that he felt awfully similar to.

So the astromech bweeped, nuzzling the flat of his head into Aris' hand, as he said that the mission was exciting, and that the both of them were going to do great.

GADividerBlue.png

Marshal Inspector / Reserve Ranger
nar24vF.png

OBJECTIVE II

z8BoZxA.png

TRADALA CANTINA

The Tradala Cantina was a warm place with decent drinks and poor lighting. There were plenty of dark corners and ambiguous shadows within its walls, making it a good haunt for those who preferred to avoid bright lights and attention.

'Karl Regin' ordered a drink as he took a seat at a table that was- for people in his trade- as much an office as it was a place to relax.

There were always people who took note of the ships that pulled into port. And then they took note of where the people from those ships went to have a drink. There were a half-dozen bars or restaurants where arrivals might relax within walking distance of the starport.

But only one had the reputation of Tradala.

Not quite a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

But not quite a place for decent folk, either.

Kol hadn't even finished his first drink by the time someone approached.

Scuttlebutt in town was that the planet was getting hot. The law had taken an interest in the place. Some of the rats on this world might scurry to a hole and hope to hide. But others knew they were too prominent. Too much in demand.

Those rats needed a ship to infest.

They needed a ship's Captain to get them offworld.

And they needed a broker to arrange it all.

That's who walked up to 'Karl' now: A Broker.

The Rodian had a thin face and narrow snout. It was the sort of face you naturally wanted to distrust. How he'd survived in the game this long was anyone's guess.

"I wonder if I can join you," the Rodian said in a wheedly voice, dipping into Basic with a pronounced accent, "you seem like an interesting fellow."

Kol looked at the man for a long moment, and then nodded to the chair opposite him.

The Rodian sat, bringing his odd fingers into a thoughtful steeple. "You came on that Rigger, didn't you? I have a shop by the port, and I couldn't help but notice it. 'Angry Cat' I think the name was?"

Kol frowned, "Cantankerous Kitty." He suspected the Rodian had gotten it wrong on purpose just to get him to speak.

"Of course," the Rodian said, "Basic is not my first language. And you are Captain Regin, I presume?"

Kol narrowed his gaze at the man. "And who wants to know?"

The Rodian held up his hands, "A friend, I assure you."

"I have enough friends," Kol said with a scowl.

The Rodian made what passed for a chuckle among his species. "Then let us say... a customer. I run a... travel business. I contract with ships like yours to get clients to exotic destinations."

"Hmm." Kol set down his glass and leaned forward, "You might do better with a liner, Mr-?"

"Kasslat," he Rodian said, "Keedo Kasslat. And my clients tend to be famous. They prefer to travel incognito, on smaller ships where they are unlikely to be recognized."

"I see," Kol said. His plan had been a risk. There had been a good chance his hunches would be wrong. That his efforts would be in vain. "Well, I can't take any passengers. I've got a hold full of Quanya. Two-hundred bottles. I have to sell them before I'll have any room."

Two hundred bottles of alcohol were nothing to a ship of Kitty's size, of course. But Keedo would know that. This wasn't about bottles.

"Why don't I buy the Quanya from you? Say... fifty credits per bottle? Then you'd have room for a passenger."

Kol considered it. Ten-thousand credits was a lot of money. The person trying to book passage was clearly important enough to command such fees. Important... or in-demand. No sane smuggler would put that together and not counter for more.

"Make it seventy-five and you've got a deal. This is the good stuff, all the way from Argellus Prime." Kol leveled his gaze at the Rodian's large round eyes.

"That's a lot of money," Keedo complained.

"I feel like this planet has a lot of thirsty people," Kol countered, "if you don't want my Quanya, someone else will."

Keedo made an odd, snorting sound. "I'm having a travel-agents' convention, soon. I need the Quanya. I'll meet your price."

Kol nodded, "Good choice. When will you be picking it up?"

The Rodian stood, "Two hours. And I'll bring your passenger with me."

Kol nodded, "Pleasure doing business with you, Keedo."

The Rodian bowed slightly, "And you, Captain Regin."

-Open-

Last edited:
Damian Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Objective: Threading the Needle
Outfit

JiGZUcY.png

Damian turned his head to the new voice, it was a close thing that he also didn’t jump from his seat. A more distracted Damian would have also turned red at the embarrassment, but thankfully he restrained himself to a more dignified movement. Damian nodded and returned to gaze back to the black hole, then half a moment he registered what was said and turned his back.

“And lived to tell the tale?” Damian asked, a bit incredulous. Tall tales and other folk stories were common things to trade whenever people traveled along the darkness of space. And if Mister Merrill really did do something quite dangerous, well. . . “-If so, I wouldn’t mind flying with a Captain or Pilot that could be so bold.

His eyes glanced towards his cape, My father always knew what to wear, “Thank you, my name is Damian Du Couteau. You can call me Damian.” With a quick bow of his head, his eyes turned to the flask for a quick moment before returning to the scene of natural celestial destruction. I’m neither in the Senate Chambers or some government building, I can leave the Senator title at the door.

“Not sure I’d call this a show, more like a demonstration.” Damian commented, Maybe I’ve been in Senate Hearings and Chamber meetings for a little too long the young Du Couteau heir thought as he listened to himself.

Vy2NTqS.png

|| Atlas Drake Atlas Drake ||​

Tides of Change

Jedi_meeting.png

Dorin
Return of the Sages

div-green.png

"Master Edo! Its been a while, sir."

A smile formed on his lips.

Indeed it has,” he returned, unfolding his legs and getting to his feet. He met the man and offered his a friendly handshake.

How have you been, Arch Wilder?” Elias asked. He wasn’t usually so formal, but considering his only appearance with Vulpesen Vulpesen had been as a student in one of his lessons, Elias didn’t want to seem overly familiar with first names.

How have your people fared through… this? I hope the war hasn’t been too hard in your sector.

Times like these often saw people come together and prevail through brotherhood, but it also left many other broken and isolated. Elias hoped the Wilders were among the former, and that the Alliance was maintaining its promise to defend them. He listened to Vulpesen’s response before returning his focus to the Baran Do temple.

This place is amazing,” Elias said, looking around at the stonework. Much of it was eroded and caked with dust, but it still impressed him.

The Kel Dor are a fascinating people, and Elias could learn much about them from their architectural work alone. He looked to the Wilder once again with a new question.

The Sages, are you familiar with them?

- Vulpesen Vulpesen -​

Wearing: Jedi Jumpsuit (Black)

Breath Mask/Goggles

Armed With: Kyber Crystal Lightsaber (Blue)

Objective: BYOO

Nathan didn't actually care that the Jedi Order was here to help the Baran Do. He felt nothing for their current state, and wouldn't have blinked if they went fully extinct tomorrow. He didn't hate them. He was simply totally indifferent.

He had come to Dorin for reasons of his own. He was having dreams about the place. The Force was calling him there. So he had come to Dorin at great risk.

He walked the wilds of Dorin, a sliver of black against a storm-ridden sky.

He didn't like having to obey the Force most days. It could even be argued that on some level, he actually hated it. Admittedly, his hatred for the Cult of The Brain Demon dwarfed whatever ire he held to the Force itself, but the ire was there.

If everything that transpires was according to the Force's will, what could he do except blame it for his wife's fate?

Still, he obeyed, because he knew the pointlessness in trying to hold something so impersonal to everything accountable. It neither knew who he was, nor would it have cared if it did. He had learned that a long time ago.

The planet was beautiful, but as usual, nothing stirred in him. The awe inspiring sights in the sky, the vibrant wildlife...nothing. He didn't connect to any of it.

As he walked however, he spotted a pillar of smoke in the distance, and went to investigate, realizing it was some sort of crashed freighter.

He got closer, pulling out a newly made Lightsaber with a blue Kyber. It occurred to him it might be wise to travel with a more simply constructed lightsaber when in the company of other Jedi, just to avoid having to explain the advanced craftsmanship of his other main weapons. The one he carried was more appropriate to a Padawan, and he had always made sure to never let other Jedi get too close a look at his weapons in any case, often hiding them from view. He began cutting open the hull delicately and carefully and stopped as he spotted a beautiful Golden Haired woman with beige skin in a simple set of white clothes, the cuts on her arms leaking telltale glowing green blood. But it would not have mattered even if she hadn't had any wounds: He knew that face, even while it was covered by a breath mask.

"You..." he trailed in a tone of instinctive mistrust he reserved for nearly any Force Spawn he encountered, one of the few exceptions to this reaction being The Sorceress of Ossus, and that was only because she had saved his life during the fall of Castle Bloodscrawl (And even then it had only been enough to make him spare her during the next encounter they had when he was in his early twenties...though he had still ended up re-imprisoning her, not willing to trust freaks like that.).

He did not shut off his lightsaber, keeping the point of his blade directed towards her face at all times. She didn't move, appearing to be unconscious. He looked around spotted a younger man, also injured. Likely a disciple, like The Jedha Anchorites. He was wearing a breath mask also.

Nathan wanted to burn through her brain with his blade, rid the Galaxy of one more freak, but the code prevented him from taking the life of the defenseless. No matter how much he thought it would be a service to the Galaxy.

He instead shut his blade off, and carried both out, grumbling about his luck. The woman stirred, and his blade activated again.

"Uhhh..." the man in simple traveling clothes groaned as he stood up.

"Uh, last time I come to Dorin without better shielding..." the man muttered, then noticed Nathan.

"Master Jedi! You saved us! Thank you!"

"Not a master. And I wouldn't thank me just yet." Nathan muttered. "Why are you on Dorin with this..." he trailed, staring at the woman continued to stir from unconsciousness.

"...thing?" he finished.

"I assure you, noble Knight--"

"Padawan." Nathan corrected.

"Padawan..." the younger man replied pointedly. "We meant no harm. The woman next to me is a very accomplished master of the Force."

"She's an abomination." Nathan replied coldly. "You should get away from it. Associating with Force Spawn can only lead to your ruin."

"You speak as though from experience, noble warrior." said the rich, sultry voice of the Sorceress as she rose, blinking blue eyes.

"What were you doing here?" Nathan interrogated.

"My intentions were not ignoble. There is much the Kel Dor have to offer the Light Side. This world, as dangerous as it is, is also alive with it."

"Neither of which would benefit from your interference." he replied, keeping the saber pointed at her.

"Padawan, I didn't think rudeness and baseless suspicion would be condoned by your masters..." the younger man spoke crossly.

"Renald, he did pull us out of the wreckage. Be patient." The Sorceress said, then she peered at him.

"Have we met before?" she asked. "You...seem familiar."

"No." he lied.

"Well, I, for one, am very greatful for your sense of professionalism in rescuing us. I hope I can alleviate any inherent suspicion you might feel towards me."

"I wouldn't count on it." Nathan replied. "I'm gonna ask again: What. Are. You. Here. For?"

"That's none of your business--" the younger man protested, face scrunching in displeasure.

"Oh, I disagree. You could be working for anyone. There's an apparent pro-imperial cell operating here. Wouldn't be the first time a Force Spawn lent their talents in an emergency scheme for funds."

"Then allow me to put that suspicion to rest." the Sorceress replied. "I came to make a pilgrimage to the mountain in the north."

"Why?" he inquired harshly.

"It's a place of ancient knowledge. I merely sought to commune with an ancient Jedi Master who lives in a shrine on the mountain, to seek a solution to a vision I've been having."

"I really fethin' doubt the Kel Dor have given you leave to visit their sacred places." he replied in almost a sneer. "As for this vision...what of it?"

"It is a vision of a pair of Force Users, who have created an unnatural bond between them. Like a Dyad, but...different.

"And what business is it of yours, this... Dyad?" he inquired, curious in spite of himself, and getting a chill in his spine.

"It is not a normal Dyad. It was created in a moment of desperation and lack of foresight." The Sorceress answered, peering closer at his harsh gaze.

Where do I know him from? she thought to herself.

"It poses a danger if it is allowed to grow stronger. To others. To life. A normal Dyad is where two people share the same presence in the Force."

"So what's so special about this Dyad?" Nathan asked.

"In this Dyad, two people share the same Wound in the Force. I tentatively refer to it as a Wound Dyad for this reason." The Sorceress explained patiently, trying not to agitate the already deeply mistrustful Padawan.

"Why don't you accompany us? The Master will verify my identity. We are old friends." she offered.

"Fine. I'll go with you. If the master vouches for you, I will cut you loose. If this is a trick, Force Spawn, then mark my words...you will be brought in...brought down... by any means necessary."

The Sorceress nodded and proceeded to clasp her hands behind her back and head off to the mountain in the distance, her friend Renald trailing close by.

"If that is a Padawan, then I'm Tulak Hord!" he hissed under his breath as Nathan trailed behind them in stiff, almost mechanical fashion while walking...

Last edited:

“And lived to tell the tale?” Damian asked, a bit incredulous.

"Hm? Oh, um," Drake winced, "No. Probably not. I mean, we can't ever know..."

He trailed off before words like 'spaghettification' painted too grim a mental picture. Nothing escapes from a black hole. It was probably just some kind of crazy rumor anyway. Plenty of scoundrels in this galaxy hoping to make a quick credit off imaginary misfortune.

"Atlas Drake," he offered Damian the flask after taking a swig, "Captain of the survey ship Constellation. That's her, berthed over there."

Light from Dorin's besieged star silhouetted an eighty meter long boxlike tramp freighter where Captain Drake pointed. She didn't look like much compared to some of the elegant Alliance ships in this system. Something about the name 'Couteau' sounded kind of familiar, but news did not travel so fast in the outer reaches.

"Demonstration? Sounds foreboding. You're not one of them anchorites, are you?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom