Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remnants of the Infinite Empire (Republic Dominion of Rakata Prime)

@[member="Rasu Gan"] - @[member="Kira Liadain"] - @[member="Aika Kawakami"] - @[member="Nico Minuro Ike"] - @[member="Talon Vosra"] - @[member="Coci Sinopi"] - @[member="Vaudin Miir"] - @[member="Jack Sparrow"] - @A'dele Adonai - @[member="Inkblot"] - @Aliannah S. del D Filia - @[member="Vulpesen"]

Balaya moved throughout the temple of the ancients, the unknown world something of a welcoming place since the Galactic empire had wiped out most of what was here. Now it was just some droids and rancors which wasn't so bad in the end. She could fight those at least and then the sounds of Republic ships overhead had brought a larger grin to her face. She could plan this one out and wipe the floor with a couple it seemed as she moved towards the upper levels of the temple where she could wait and prepare. "Come to me little jedi."

Aika Kawakami

Can one find true light when shadowed in darkness?
Aik chuckled as she moved down the ramp to join the others, shaking her head slightly at Kira's animated reactions. "As far I know, he's usually like that. But I've only heard from word of mouth. Perhaps he's simply overly excited?" Truthfully, that was a strange thing to say considering that their was little to be so excited about. Not to mention, such emotions made it hard for one detect other things.

As she reached the bottom of the ramp, she patted Kira on the shoulder lightly, eyes drifting towards the sky. "As long as he doesn't venture too far ahead, I don't think we should worry too much. Though, the talk of riding rancors could probably be toned down a bit. For his sake. No need to give him ideas, right?" Of course, she was actually talking about herself. The last thing she wanted to think of were giant rancors rampaging about. She was no where near as fearful as she used to be, but certainly didn't want to put such a theory to the test.

@Talon Vosra @Vaudin Miir @Jack Sparrow @Vulpesen

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

"They give classes?" Talon acted shocked.

He was about to say something about plants being more fun to climb than rancors when Vulps ran off.

"I think he needs to walk his dog." Talon said playing stupid rather well.

However, he could feel the darkness in the distance and he recognized a presence. Dar'jetti was there somewhere.

"So...how about we practice riding gizka first? "

"We'll head off to the Temple now." she said, answering the Padawan's question, as she turned to face the towering spire that loomed over the treetops. Already the dark side could be felt growing stronger, it's dark tendrils curling over her body, trying to find an opening into her essence. Fearing for the Padawan, she hoped that he and the other Jedi accompanying them could withstand the temptations of the dark side, knowing that it took only one taste of it before all was doomed. With that said, the Headmistress' attention was caught by boisterous laughter emanating from a large group of beings, many wearing the traditional Jedi robes and others with armor, being more practical for the era of war that now covered the galaxy. Making her way over she could see that one of the male Jedi was the culprit here, acting like such a clown for attention in front of his peers.

"What is this about riding Gizka, Jedi Vosra?" Rasu said, suddenly appearing behind the back of the young man, arms crossed as she turned her stern glare on him. "I hope that whatever you have planned won't affect the completion of this mission." Fighting back the giggles, she could feel cracks slowly grow in her teacher-like demeanor as she attempted to scold the young man. Unable to contain it any longer, Rasu burst letting a short laugh escape her lips as she looked up at the tall human. "I apologise for that Talon, I was trying to lighten the mood." she said, her grin replaced now by a small smile as the seriousness of the situation dawned upon her. "However please refrain from any beast-riding until we know that the area, most importantly the Temple, is clear." Leaving the group to continue their discussion, she retraced her steps, joining Antares, as she made her way up the path towards the Temple, leading the way for the rest of the team to follow.

@[member="Aika Kawakami"], @[member="Saki"], @[member="Antares Windu"], @[member="Talon Vosra"], @[member="Vulpesen"], @[member="Ace Torrevaso"], @[member="Kira Liadain"], @[member="Jack Sparrow"], @[member="Vaudin Miir"], @[member="Nico Minuro Ike"]

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Talon chuckled as Rasu gave him a deserved hard time.

"Ahhh...she called me Jedi." He joked they would need high spirits for the darkness that lay ahead. "Ja hear that?"

Talon moved forward to fall into commando mode.

"Something is waiting for us...I can feel ir." He said calmly as he started to scan the area.

Turning his new pet towards the others, Vulpesen waved his hand forward, urging the rancor on. Upon reaching the other jedi, Vulpesen waved his hand in greeting. "Salutations!" Sitting on top of the beast, Vulpesen found himself grinning happily. The rancor was hard to tame, but he had done it. Now it was time to show off his new friend. "How's it going down there?" These people could have their gizka. When it came to beast taming, Vulpesen was starting to wonder what it would take to beat him.
@Aika Kawakami, @Saki, @Antares Windu, @Talon Vosra, @Kira Liadain, @Jack Sparrow, @Vaudin Miir, @Nico Minuro Ike @[member="Rasu Gan"]

"Reiko we're going on an adventure" Orihime was excited more so simply because this planet was awesome and they didn't know much about it. The data wipe that had put a lot fo the galaxy into the dark ages had hidden facts but some were known... There was beaches and rancors some of the witches were able to ride them. It would be so awesome if the pair of them got to ride on rancors or have them as pets to take back home to Tython. They could protect their fort. "Reiko come on"

@[member="Reiko Ike"]

"Rakata," said Jack aloud to himself as they walked along. "Amphibion-featured humanoids with horizontal eye stalks, also known as the Builders. Known for defiling and eating their enemies. Do you think," he said in a much louder voice, stopping in place and spinning around in a slow circle with his arms outstretched as if aiding his balance, "That when they said 'defile' they meant before or after death? Because, to be honest, there's something of a difference. The former would indicate meticulous use of force, whilst the latter meant they left the remains as a warning to others who might challenge them, or for religious purposes." He turned to his nearest companion. "Ever seen someone who ritually kills for religious reasons? Oh wait, I'm travelling with Jedi. You've left enough severed hands in the name of your order to magically applaud a small planet."

Vulps

CEO of Verres Trading
Zarro sighed as he walked with @[member="Jack Sparrow"], listening to his small speech. Being part of the inter-species relations, the old fox was well aware of the Rakatan tendencies. However, that was not what peeved him. Zarro was a force user who adopted child had become a very well known jedi. As a matter of fact, he had information that Vulpesen was currently on the planet. "Mr. Sparrow, I would like to remind you that jedi do not ritually kill others, and I would much rather lose my hand than my head. Savvy?" As a merchant, he had dealt with pirates before. He didn't find them vile, but they did tend to be fairly unsavory. Sparrow seemed to hold himself as an epitome of that stereotype. Still, this mannerisms were amusing to watch.

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
@[member="Talon Vosra"] @[member="Jack Sparrow"] @[member="Zarro Verres"] @Vulpesen @Rasu Gan

"Well I'll be broggled!" Kira said in surprise at the sight of Vulpesen riding in, of all things, a Rancor!

"Y'know.... I was kidding about the riding the rancor bit." she added finally, pearly white teeth flashing up at Vulpesen.

"What's her name?" she asked, reading the body movements of both the sentient beast. She caught the end bit of what Knight Gan suggested they do.

"Welp.. to the temple it is." she began her little trot back towards the temple. "Try to blend in!"

"Well. I humbly beg to differ, @[member="Zarro Verres"]," smiled Jack, addressing the senator of Amar. "What is a ritual? An activity involving gestures performed in a set sequence. What do the Jedi learn? Fighting forms: gestures in a set sequence. She-she, Kashi, Sore Self, Jem and the Holograms, Something Else, and...are there others? I believe I've made my point, your vulpinissitude." The Senator of Kashyyyk made a sweeping bow-like gesture with his right arm, but didn't bend from the waist.

Jack moved to walk behind @Kira Liadain, picking up a long, leaf-covered stick as he did so and holding it before him. "Blending in," he told her. "I'm a tree."

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@Talon Vosra @[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Rasu Gan"] @[member="Kira Liadain"]
"Just make sure to keep that thing a nice distance away from me and I'll be happy. And trust me,you want me happy." Came the response of one Noah Corek as a squad of Pyre soldiers followed behind him. He looked over the giant Rancor as it lumbered forwards and made sure that his Hekler'Kok Anti-Materiel Rifle was loaded just in case the beast decided to try and take a chunk out of anyone. One might wonder why a Omega Protectorate soldier was here,well that was simple,the Chancellor and Protector had worked out some contracts for the Pyre to help with the taming of the Sith space,so now Noah was here with half of the 5th battalion,which was in total 250 Pyre troopers. "I agree on to the temple."

"I will check for settlements or bases in the area. The Galactic Empire pulled out and might have left something around here." Knight wasn't sure but there could be anything and she wondered if their left traps for a moment while focusing on the temple. "Be careful and do not take what might be inside lightly. If I find anything I'll report in." A smirk on her face while checking the gear and having it all ready while she moved out on the sands.

Lt. Nyos Val kept pace with the battalion under Commander Corek's direction. He had been assigned to the 5th as the combat medical officer. He was making his way easily towards the temple, with a Rancor in tow.

Commander, I think i could tame that Rancor for our uses if you'd like?

@[member="Noah Corek"]

Brushing past thin leaves and ducking under gnarled branches, Rasu made her way further away from the beach, closing in on the dark presence that was the Temple of the Ancients. The dark side grew increasingly stronger the closer she approached, causing her skin to prickle and the hairs on her neck to stand on end, it was as if the air was filled with electricity. How long has it been like this? she thought.

Emerging from the bush, Rasu made it out into a clearing, the Temple walls only a few steps away. Intricate drawings had been carved into the stone, with red, rusting metal lining the edges of the exterior walls. The Temple surely showed the time gap since it's creators had died out. Awaiting the arrival of the others, the Headmistress made her way up to the stone walls, taking in some of the carvings, depicting the Rakata species and what seemed like their hierarchical system. Rasu shuddered to think what life would have been like for those at the bottom of the pyramid, but now with the existence of the Jedi and the Republic, life was that much more pleasant. Although slavery still existed, the Jedi had been able to wipe the system out of many planets granting equal rights for all. If only they could have done something to the Rakata species earlier, then not so many would have suffered.

Leaving the wall, she searched the perimeter of the temple, looking for some form of entrance. Finally coming to a stop outside a large archway, Rasu waited, staring into the darkness of the temple until her brethren arrived.

@[member="Saki"] @[member="Antares Windu"] @[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Nyos Val"] @[member="Knight"] @[member="Noah Corek"] @[member="Jack Sparrow"] @[member="Kira Liadain"] @[member="Zarro Verres"] @[member="Orihime Ike"] @[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Talon Vosra"] @[member="Darth Praelior"]

Coming up alongside @Rasu Gan, Jack tossed his camoflage aside, squatted down on his heels, and squinted into the darkness of the temple entrance, absently running his fingers through the dirt as he tried to penetrate the darkness.

"This...does not seem like the diplomatic part of the mission," he admitted, looking up at the green-skinned Jedi. "Wizards with glowing sticks first, I think." He rose, dusting his hands off on his trouser legs and checking his vibro-sword was still secure in its scabbard at his waist. "What do you think, love, dinner after? I know a lovely place on the Parlemian Trade Route. The Wheel. Ever heard of it?"

Shadows were always his allies, and this time; it helped him join the team in the beach approaching the Temple of the Ancients almost without being noticed.

It has been quite some time since he has been part of an expedition, but this one excited him... although it was hard to determine his own demeanor due to his militaristic boldness. One that some might find familiar and characteristic of him.

Looking into the darkness, almost whispering, he just provided acknowledgement at Rasu "I got your back..." He knew that she would remember a couple of times before and his preference for long distances between enemies... not because he is scared, but due to his long range expertize. Still, he waited patiently at further commands, afterall; she had the lead and he would follow orders as usual.

For a moment, the words of the sentient that came along the team triggered a small feeling in the man... and due to that feeling, a visible gesture came to his face... Vex raised his eyebrow at the invitation for dinner... such invitation was not his business, but as a former soldier and as a Jedi, such invitation was not appropiate for the time being... still, as usual, he decided to remain silent and to conceal his thoughts about it...

@[member="Saki"] @[member="Antares Windu"] @[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Nyos Val"] @Knight @[member="Noah Corek"] @[member="Jack Sparrow"] @[member="Kira Liadain"] @[member="Zarro Verres"] @[member="Orihime Ike"] @Vulpesen @[member="Talon Vosra"] @[member="Darth Praelior"] @Rasu Gan

Aika Kawakami

Can one find true light when shadowed in darkness?
Well, at least this was a beautiful world. One can get tired of being on war torn planets...

Aika slipped through the buses, coming up behind Rasu and Jack, removing a few leaves from her hair. As she stood in the opening, just feet from the temple, she seemed to freeze in her steps. A twinge in the rear of her neck, a feeling she simply couldn't shake. A dark presence seeped from the Temple. One simply couldn't ignore it. She inhaled deeply, eyes darting toward her friend. There was no way she was the only one that felt that.

"Rasu... Tell me sense the same thing I do. Tell me I'm not just finally losing it..."

With a cautiousness in her step that she hadn't had in some time, Aika approached the entrance. Her eyes locked onto the darkness that stood before them, only wondering what could be awaiting them on the inside. Sure, one could say this was cray, but it was also why she'd come along. To lend a hand. Certainly, that couldn't be done from anywhere else. Gaze turning to Jack, she chuckled nervously. "This should be...fun. Can we really that word for this situation?"

@[member="Rasu Gan"] @[member="Jack Sparrow"]

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
Kira stood at the mouth of the temple with the rest, the wise crack smile she normally wore fading a bit as she directed her attention towards the entrance. She heard @[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Jack Sparrow"] @[member="Rasu Gan"] talk among themselves, each feeling a foreboding presence from within the temple.

"Well... Rakata were not known for allowing easy access to their temples," Kira added, frowning a bit as she got a closer look at one of the hieroglyphics against the moss and vine covered stone walls.

"A Temple of Doom is more an apt term," she told them, but none the less, her wooden stick was replaced with the electrum saber Ben had given her long ago.

"Well... time to use these glow rods then," she encouraged, taking point. "Keep an eye out for anything that might look like a trap.... like a series of holes on the wall where spears can get shot out of."

Following the others, Vulpesen stared into the temple from his mount's back. "Well, we'll just have to be careful." He was slightly worried at how the rancor would do with tight places, but that may come in hand if a conflict started. It's not like anyone would be able to move past the creature to set anything off behind them. Taking the opportunity, Vulpesen ignited his saber, holding it away from his mount as to illuminate his surroundings without hurting his pet. @[member="Kira Liadain"]@[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Vexander Graves"] @[member="Jack Sparrow"] @[member="Rasu Gan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom