Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Reclamation - The Unshackling of Dromund Kaas (Sith Order)

370d9lz.png

The door opened. They were back. Sooner than she expected. She didn't even bother putting the dagger away as she stood. Froze. This was too soon. She wasn't prepared. She could fight, but that didn't- Her grip tightened on the hilt of her blade. No, she wasn't unarmed this time. She had a weapon they didn't know about. So she drew it. Readied herself for the appearance of the guard. If it was just one, she could handle it. It felt like just one.

She moved.

"I'm not here to hurt you; you can show yourself."

And show herself she did. Aliris sped around the corner, pulling the dagger free of it's jeweled sheath. They had to expect her to attack, but they didn't know she was armed. She could take the guard by surprise. Take advantage of their foolishness to only send one.

"You're not putting me in that machine!"

Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin

Objective: 2 - Blinded by the Light

Saryn sensed his husband's arrival rather quickly. He was always amazed with the level of power his beloved had at his fingertips, though little surprised him at this point in their relationship. "Driver, relocate us to these coordinates. My husband has arrived.", he said, briefly imputting said coordinates into his dataslate before the AAT departed the frontlines towards his husband and Lady Raaf's position.

The large tank plowed it's way through the treeline and foliage before coming to a halt next to Carnifex and Taeli. A wide smile formed on Saryn's lips upon noticing his husband's newly acquired body. He hopped down from the tank before rushing over to give his husband a tight hug. "You made it! And I see Mortis went as planned. You look stronger than ever in your new body, husband.", he said, looking up at him affectionately. "I felt the force itself tremble while you were away. I assume it was me sensing you take control over your new form."

He then turned to politely bow to Taeli. "Lady Raaf! It is most good to see you again. Your presence is a blessing to our operation here on Dromund Kaas.", he said, in his usual charming way. "I'm pleased to report my initial campaign here in Sith space has met with great success. My droid armies have quashed most resistance on Korriban and Ziost. However, these Ashlan remnants are proving particularly stubborn here on Dromund Kaas. I suspect they decided to concentrate the forces they had at their disposal here in the capital. I'm already deploying additional legions of Battle Droids as we speak to help bolster our offensive. I sense you and Lady Raaf are here with a separate target in mind, however. How might I be of service, my love?"

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf
Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

"No, it should have not been allowed," she agreed. "Grayson and his allies may have done this to spite the Sith in their zealousness, revenge perhaps for what we did to Ession all those years ago."

Not that it mattered now. The Ashlans had relied too much upon their leader to carry their actions, and when he departed from them and with the Maw defeated, the crusade had burn itself out. Now, their remaining strength was finding just how strong the Sith were and just how... enraged they were about the sacrilege inflicted upon the Caldera. She was quite certain similar containment shrines had been erected on worlds like Korriban and Ziost, restraining their legacy while slowly cleansing the worlds of the imprint their true owners had left.

She took the offered hand, one moment they were on the bridge of the warship and the next they were in the restored foliage of Dromund Kaas. She would give the Ashlans one thing. Their efforts had at least restored the planet's natural biosphere, unlike the tundra inflicted upon the ancient capital by the Mandalorians decades ago. She could see the spires in the distance of New Kaas City, but the city was not important to their goal. She could feel it under her feet; the straining of a beast against its cage, wanting to be released to exact retribution on those that enslaved it.

"It almost feels personal, anchoring one of their nexus points at the temple," she said, just as the tank burst through the jungle and announcing the presence of one of Carnifex's many spouses. Closing her eyes again as the younger man flirted with the Sith Lord, she reached out through the Force and the currents flowing around them. Eyes still closed, she nodded her head in Saryn's direction as he greeted her, turning her focus back to the currents of the Force. A small frown flickered across at Saryn's mention of his droids fighting on Ziost, but that was all.

The currents were reacting strangely to the shrines and their containment spell. It was like a river being fed by hundreds and hundreds of smaller streams, all flowing into the larger current of Force energy. The smaller streams were of the dark, being ever so slowly absorbed into the unnatural light encircling the world and the light slowly feeding itself back down to replace and draw more of the darkness out. It was an intriguing design, she had to admit that. Nothing cataclysmic to trigger a sudden shift, it was designed to be a more permanent realignment once complete. It could not be allowed to stand, but she was now very interested to physically see one of these anchoring alters.

And she was now fairly certain her theory on how to overload the network was achievable.

"Their true defense will be at the anchors," she said, eyes reopening. "For their mission to truly succeed, they need the cleansing to continue. We make for the temple."

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah

R E C L A M A T I O N
TAGS - Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean
LOCATION - Dromund System, Dromund Kaas Orbit, SIN Artemis
370d9lz.png

Entering the throne room silently at the end of Empyrean's speech and bowing respectfully to the Emperor, Rayden moved to the side of the throne and took his place, accompanied by his sepulchral lich. Much time had passed since he and the Emperor had first spoken, before the Emperor had been crowned and before the Kainites had rebelled. In that time, Rayden had grown from a mere knight to a Dark Lord under the tutelage of the lich sworn to him, and much more had changed.

"A curious thing to see the Sith Empire laying siege to Dromund Kaas, is it not, my Emperor?" the Pureblood queried, amber eyes observing the assault on the ancient homeworld. "I comforts me to see such a... homely place, once more." he began divulging his feelings with an uncharacteristic fondness and longing; something that was, certainly, not out of place given the circumstances.

It had been a matter of decades since Rayden had seen Dromund Kaas or Korriban and, while Jutrand and the new Southern territories of the reconstituting Empire were accommodating, they lacked the inexplicable comfort of a home. No matter how many surrounded him, no matter how he occupied himself, Rayden was plagued by the loneliness of being so far from home for so long; even his meditations failed to give him the same relief as they once hand, as if the Force itself was forgetting the time he had grown to glorify.

"While I can postulate as to why it was that the Kainites must lead this crusade, a part of me does mourn that I will not be able to lead the reclamation of my home world." the Pureblood continued. "It pains me that I am deprived the privilege of being the first of my kind to set foot on the home world after all these decades, that I must sit and watch as a traitor leads the reclamation of my ancestors resting place." he said, speaking of Korriban rather than Dromund Kaas. Lamenting a possibility yet to be made complete, crushing his own hopes before they were given the chance to become a question.

Objective: III
--> SURVIVE
Tags: Darth Strosius Darth Strosius Omon Kaa / Darth Diem Omon Kaa / Darth Diem

Halkin's eyes darted across the battlefield before him. A volley of blaster bolts slammed into a charging squadron, dropping half of them and sending the rest diving for cover. A shiver overcame his body and he too scrambled out of the open. He ran towards a crumbling statue in the center of the park, just in time to avoid a strafing run from what appeared to be a friendly gunship. Halkin dove, as fountains of dirt and rubble spewed up from the ground as laser cannons raked across the fighting.

As the dust cleared and the shooting began anew, Halkin spotted something troubling. Twin lightsaber blades, running from the streets of the city towards the park the Sith had landed in. A blaster bolt zipping over his head jerked him back to the moment. A sith soldier had fired around the statue, and was now sliding into cover next to Halkin. The man slapped a pistol into Halkin's chest and shouted, "What are you doing? Get back in the fight. That's an order!" This idiot thought he was a foot soldier? Face flushing from both embarrassment and fury, Halkin pried the lightsaber from his belt and pressed into the mans chest and ignited it. The soldier's eyes widened as the blade burned through him with a sizzling hiss. Halkin shoved the man aside and grabbed his rifle, stowing the lightsaber on his belt clip. He'd never used a blaster rifle before, but was pretty sure he knew how they generally worked. Point and pull, how hard could the rest be? He grabbed the barrel with his left hand, extended his arms, and stuck it around the corner of the statue, blind-firing in the general direction of the enemy. He squeezed off several shots before pulling the rifle back around the corner and slowly peeking his head out.

Damn... Not only were the defenders still pinning the Sith down, those two lightsabers had reached the park. The two blades moved apart, and Halkin realized he'd been looking at two jedi. A master and an apprentice, with a squadron of soldiers moving up behind them. He watched as the jedi walked down three sith troopers, casually swatting aside blaster bolts. The smaller one, who looked younger, literally walked his blade into a trooper, before spinning around to chop at another's legs. The third trooper stumbled back, taking aim at the young Jedi. Halkin grabbed at his own blaster rifle, just as the jedi master flung her lightsaber into the soldier's chest, a pillar of green flame erupting from where the man's sternum was. Halkin frowned, there was some kind of noise that was suppressed under the sounds of battle. Low and rumbling, but hard to make out.

Halkin fired a volley of bolts at the two jedi. The master sensed the danger, stepping in front of her apprentice and deflecting the bolts. One came right back from where it had come from, forcing Halkin to yank himself back, which banged his elbow into the statue. He swore in pain, and tried to take aim again. The sith troops had been pinned down before, but with this assault team led by the Jedi, they were being pushed back and threat of a rout was looming. Halkin was no battle commander, but even he could feel how bad things were getting. The quiet noise he'd heard earlier was growing louder, and he was now able to identify where it was coming from. An alleyway from the city was pouring out troops that were carrying banners with a symbol Halkin didn't recognize. Some of the banners had thick flags on them while others were traditional fabric ones that waved in the air. The newcomers were running towards the park in a dead sprint. Those in front leveled long pikes and charged towards the defending forces. Halkin blinked as he realized that the thick flags were not flags at all, but bodies impaled up war pikes. He stood, recognizing that the bodies were not sith, "Those are ours!" The nearby sith troops cheered, morale lifted as they watched the flanking maneuver. Halkin really hoped that he was right, and that these pike wielding maniacs wouldn’t turn on them the second they’d killed their current opposition.

Cultist forces took Ashlan defenders in the rear, impaling some, stampeding others, and gunning down the rest. The Jedi master turned just as two cultists slammed into her, driving her back. The padawan hadn't noticed his master's peril, instead focused in on Halkin.

The near-human squeezed off two blaster shots at the apprentice, but when the bolts were slapped aside, he cursed and threw the blaster at the charging jedi. The young apprentice carved through the weapon in a single upwards stroke, before spinning to deliver a huge overhead strike at Halkin that threatened to sever his arm at the shoulder. With the instant that throwing the blaster had bought him, Halkin was able to pull his stolen lightsaber clear of his belt and interpose his own blade into the direction of the cut, stopping the disabling blow an inch above his forehead but making his knees buckle from the power behind the blow. The young jedi's eyes widened in shock, then narrowed, "Sith?! I can feel your taint upon this holy place!"

Last edited:

CS3FUG8.png

"The other worlds will be reclaimed in time. Dromund Kaas will allow us to springboard across the entire Caldera with impunity." Already plans were in motion for the reclamation of Korriban and Ziost respectively, Lord Xyrah's droid armies had been dispatched to gauge the strength of the defenders and soften them up for the hammer blow. When the Ashlans had been scoured clean from Dromund Kaas, Carnifex would marshal His forces to retake the rest of the Caldera once and for all. Most of the worlds could be swept up without much fanfare, but these three worlds, Dromund Kaas, Korriban, and Ziost, had to be elevated to grand campaigns to drive home their significance to those that worshipped the Sith.

While Lady Raaf sensed out the path forward, Carnifex extended His arm and generated a small holographic display from the palm of His hand. The Dark Temple sprung into view, covered now with the iconography of the Ashlan Crusaders. It disgusted Him to gaze upon a structure of the Dark Side strung about with the garish symbols of His enemies, an anger that quickly took root and suffused the Dark Lord's entire body. "The infidels have taken control of the Dark Temple, and have profaned it beyond recognition. Within they have anchored a portion of a cleansing spell that's connected to other locations across the planet. Lady Raaf has come to the conclusion that taking out this weak link will unravel the entire ritual."

He deactivated the hologram after a moment, "Direct our armored cavalry to the temple approach, we will follow in their wake. A gap in their defensive line is all we need, then Lady Raaf and I can handle the rest."

"Pride pales in comparison to power, Rayden Helonus Rayden Helonus .", Empyrean said as he watched multiple screens, each with different conflicts or destruction taking place.​
"Did the Sith of Bane's era feel resentment that they were not feared openly by the galaxy - or did they accept that their goals lay beyond notoriety, heritage, or honor?", he said with a glance towards him.​
"Carnifex takes the day, but I pull the strings. It is both to seperate him from the core of the Sith strength, and expand our power to the northern reaches of the galaxy - so that we might hold the same wealth as our predecessors. That means far more than honorifics."​

Objective: II - Blinded by the Light
Dialogue Legend: <<Ghoul-Speak>> │ “Imperial Basic”
Unit Support: 1 Kainate Outrider Platoon
Call Sign: Tempest Four
Tags: Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

As much as she had wanted to kill the leeching heretics, new orders compelled the strand-cast to direct her energy towards a more important objective.

SF-3335 pushed her speeder bike hard through the jungle as she approached the rendezvous point on the approach to the Dark Force Temple. Before long, ripe foliage, canopies, and towering trees gave way to open sky and toppled statues. Then, pathways turned to roads, which were strewn about with burned out armored vehicles, bodies, and detritus.

The Ashlan lines were in the distance, lurking within trees and dense foliage, just outside the Dark Force Temple.

The whine of repulsor engines seized the strand-cast’s attention, causing her sensors to flare in warning. A lone hovertank drone covered a trio of Ashlan Lancers who were pushing their speeder bikes back towards the Temple. SF-3335 grunted and tugged back on the vanes, spinning her bike 180 degrees on its yaw axis before briefly engaging the afterburners to gain back her speed. The drone turned its dual cannon towards her, but the strand-cast rode her bike laterally, outmaneuvering the tank’s weapons as she willed her energy torpedoes to fire.

Whip-Thwop!

The first torpedo struck the tank’s shields, causing them to flare. The second overloaded them before punching through the strike at the rear, triggering a fire in the process. Seconds later, a resounding explosion sounded out across the approach, a shockwave propagating out from the wreckage as the turret went flying high into the air in spectacular fashion.

<<Uhh...splash one tin can!>>

Last edited:
quinnposttop.png

//: III: BYOO //:
//: Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru //:
There was movement. Quinn slid her foot back and locked her weight into position. Emotions screamed in her mind, anger, frustration and the will to survive bleed through the ripples of the Force. Empathy alerted her, but the flick of her wrist saved her. The Force crashed in waves towards the child, whose attack was more than expected.

An invisible force gripped the child in an attempt to keep her still. It would be unfortunate for the Sith Lord to accidentally smear the child against the hard wall. Something caught Quinn's attention. It gleamed quickly when the girl attacked, "I see." Quinn spoke quietly as a smile spread across her face.

"Machine? No we're not going to a machine." Quinn continued to keep the Force grip on the girl. "Do you want to leave this place?" she asked, examining her potential ward. Blonde hair, sharp eyes, slender face… - Quinn nearly lost control of the grip. This girl, this child was the spitting image of her.

"What is your name?" Her voice was suddenly sharp. Quinn cleared her throat and asked again, "Who are you?"

370d9lz.png

She felt it before she felt it. Which was a weird thought to pass through her head. A warning in the Force before her surprise attack was halted and she was left hanging. Literally.

Aliris just stared. This woman, this wasn't a guard. Why were they here? Where were the guards? Why- She blinked slowly at the question. There was emption there, but she didn't know what it could be. Instead she just gripped her dagger as tight as she could in a hopes she wasn't about to die.

"Aliris Tremiru."

Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin

Location: Jungles -> Approach to Dark Force Temple - Dromund Kaas
Tags: Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

With the hovertank drone now a smoldering metal carcass, SF-3335 kicked her speeder bike’s engines into full burn as she accelerated down the approach to the temple. By now, she was no longer alone as the droid-operated SAATs of Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah spearheaded the charge down the approach, with a number of Tempest Squadron speeder bikes flying in their wake. The tanks announced their presence with a pounding, disharmonious salvo, unleashing such devastating firepower on the Ashlan lines that the air burned with their passage. The cannons’ resounding blasts propagated through the air in pulsing beats, inflicting no small amount of terror and death in the process.

Moments later, SF-3335 honed in on anything that managed to survive the initial barrages. As she came up on the forward trench line, the strand-cast pulled back on the vanes, rotating her speeder bike on its yaw axis until the forward outriggings were almost parallel with the trench. All the while, her sensors registered and locked onto a number of targets, projecting them into her helmet as blue circles.

Then, with a mental command, she opened fire.

A blistering barrage of explosive slugs spat forth from the barrels of the bike’s machine guns, ripping through cover, armor, and flesh with small, yet lethal baradium blasts. A trio of Grenadiers—still hunkering in the trench—were struck in the opening salvo. Then, SF-3335 engaged the accelerator, launching forward with dizzying speed over their mangled bodies as she locked onto a grouping of four Grenadiers and lanced them down with twinned beams of searing energy particles. From there, the strand-cast didn’t let her machine slow down as she continued ahead, flying just above the trench and gunning down a squad of Marines only moments before they could bring their weapons to bear against her. Eight more scalded, maimed bodies were left in her wake as she arrived at the end of the trench, just outside the treeline.

<<Targets splashed. Forward trench is clear.>> SF-3335 announced over the local allied comms, her voice piping with vivacious bloodlust.

Her blood ran hot with the pleasure of revenge and soon, it would blaze with victory.

Last edited:
Mordius looked at the ruckus around the area. Him just arriving in his personal ship.
He landed it on a field that wasn't fully captured, the hanger of the ship opening revealing a squadron of sith troopers. They shot the area of Marines down to the ground before they had the chance to fully shoot back. Once the ship fully landed, revealing the Hanger wide open General Mordius standing in front of all his troopers. He put two fingers up pointing to the war outside, swarms of Sith troopers came sprinting out in perfect line, all with ST-W48 Blasters.

"Destroy what you can...my soldiers."

Objective I

The bay doors swiftly slid open and several troopers jumped out after Kimora. The main deck of the observation platform was alight in fire as it's hull was fired upon by the Sith capital ships. Several soldiers of the Crusade quickly engaged Kimora and the rest. With her rifle in hand, Kimora quickly took cover behind some rubble. Between volleys of blaster fire, she'd peek out and fire, taking out a Crusader each chance she could.

"Status report, Agent Min." called in a masculine voice through Kimora's communicator.

"We're under heavy fire but we are making progress." Kimora reported.

"You need to make your way to the core quickly. The sooner you get there, the sooner we claim victory."

Kimora did not reply to that last message. She knew what was at stake here. The importance of her mission was paramount. She knew that. She peeked out once more and took out the last Crusader in the area. She stacked up against the wall adjacent to a blast door a trooper was getting to open. Once the door was opened, Kimora quickly aimed her rifle forward and moved in, making sure to check down each path way on the other side.

"We're clear. Move out." she commanded. Two groups split up, one heading left, while the other, led by Kimora, went right. The left group was meant to cause a distraction so that Kimora may run into less of a defense on her way to the core. Once she got there, she would have a heavy explosive payload for it. "Let's knock this bird out of the sky. Move!"

The blasters shooting at anyone they seen that wasn't a sith or in their order. The sith troops were doing much damage to the forces of the Jedi.

Mordius laughs, and stares at everything going on, the ruckus he loves everything that's going on around him.

Mordius puts a finger up, which seems to make the troops pursue farther into battle.

Objective: 2 - Blinded by the Light

"I have multiple tanks in reserve ready to clear a path, my love. And I can do better than that.", Saryn said with a smile, before beckoning over the Super Tactical Droid that had accompanied him in the tank. "Dispatch a regiment of Commando Droids to assist my husband and Lady Raaf with their mission at the Dark Temple. And commence phase two of the assault on the city. Shatter their defenses with a Defoliator bombardment, then break their remaining lines with the assistance of the second wave and move into the city. Give no quarter. Tear down the Ashlan monuments and ensure no trace of their rule remains."

"Very good, my liege. Your directives shall be carried out immediately.", the Super Tactical Droid replied in it's deep, monotonous voice, before quickly transmitting new orders to the rest of the droid army. Saryn then returned his attention back to Carnifex and Taeli. "My troops have this assault in hand. Might I join you both in your mission?"

Meanwhile, Saryn's droid army received their new directive, and commenced phase two of their assault. Several Defoliator Tanks commenced bombardment of the enemy's outer defensive lines, obliterating scores of Ashlan troops and their Jedi leaders with their destructive firepower while countless numbers of Battle Droids began their advance, supported by SAAT Tanks and additional reinforcements arriving from both Saryn's fleet and the newly arrived Kainate forces above.

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex
Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf
SF-3335 SF-3335

Last edited:

By now, the approach to the Dark Force Temple was all but captured. After her attack run on the forward trench, SF-3335 had been tasked with long range fire support, using her speeder bike’s primary guns to cut down any Ashlan soldiers as they sought to retreat back to the temple from the outer trenches or poked their heads out from cover.

A pair of soldiers met such a fate as they opened fire on the advancing Kainate infantry to cover off the retreat of their squadmates. Immediately, SF-3335 lined up the crosshairs in her HUD onto their heads and willed her bike’s machine guns to fire, blowing open the two shooters’ heads in an gruesome explosion of red mist from a distance of more than 150 meters away. Then, the strand-cast shifted her crosshairs towards the six squadmates the two shooters had been attempting to cover, at which point a pair of hot magenta particle beams tore free from her bike’s beam cannons, lancing across the retreating figures like a scythe through grass to rend each of the six soldiers armored forms in twain.

<<Splash eight foot mobiles in sector 2-F! Praise His name!>> SF-3335 piped up in guttural Ghoul-Speak, her girlish soprano carrying no small amount of delight. Even as she did, she lined up her crosshairs onto a second grouping of retreating soldiers, particle beams once more burning hot magenta as they cut down each of the three men with surgical precision, bisecting their forms as if they were little more than scurrying rats. However, it was only then that the strand-cast registered a soft, yet insistent whistling in her senses.

Missile fire.

An assault tank only a few meters ahead of her was suddenly torn asunder and set aflame, having been caught within the explosive radius of a missile. Another tank met a similar fate, its armor scorched and flaming as the droid crew made to disembark. All the while, SF-3335 pulled back on the vanes to shift her speeder bike into reverse, comms chatter filling her ears as status reports were given and orders issued.

Before long, SF-3335 had her orders, and not a moment too soon.

<<Tempest Four, take Five with you and head to the three positions marked on your HUDs. You are both tasked with silencing those rockets.>> The stern, masculine voice of the strand-cast’s commanding officer issued.

<<Yes, Lieutenant! Tempest Four, out!>> She answered, before switching channels. <<Five, you heard him! Form up on me. It’s time to silence those launchers!>> SF-3335 finished.

<<Forming on you, Sentinel. Let’s move!>>

Last edited:

CS3FUG8.png

The battle had been raging fiercely for hours by the time the Dark Lord and His entourage had arrived near the Dark Temple. Kainate soldiers had been rapidly deployed at strategic junctures, discipline and sheer technological superiority routing or outright annihilation smaller pockets of Ashlan resistance. Larger clusters of Ashlan crusaders were proving more costly to dislodge, but they were gradually being ground down by persistent barrages and coordinated mechanized advances. Some were even cleared out with chemical weapons, thick contrails of brightly colored noxious marking where they had been deployed across all sectors of fighting.

Air superiority had been established early on, the collapse of the central Ashlan government had thrown the entire periphery into disarray. Those of lesser faith deserted long ago, and those who were wholly devoted to their crusade were now dying in droves in the jungles of Dromund Kaas. Civilian guerillas had also joined the fight, unveiling stockpiles of weapons before rushing out into the streets of New Kaas City in an idealistic fervor. The simmering resentment of the city's loyalist cadres was now being acted upon, and a pogrom of those who had supported the Ashlan occupiers was well underway. Even those who had not supported the Ashlans, but had simultaneously not joined with the underground loyalist movement, were also being tormented.

Dromund Kaas was being rebaptized in the Dark Side as the day turned to night, and the fires of vengeance burned bright in the darkness.

Darth Carnifex breathed it in, reveling in the mass discord. This was what He envisioned, a mass uprising of those who kept true to the Sith faith coupled with a coordinated military strike. In time, all the world would fall back under His control. But for now, the temple awaited. The tank ferrying Him and Taeli Raaf came to a halt near the sloping advance to the towering temple edifice, Ashlan banners still fluttering from the structure's mighty walls. The sight sickened Him, but He suppressed the feeling.

"Defilers and usurpers, all shall suffer the same fate."

The Dark Lord raised one hand to the sky, the clouds growing dark above. A bolt of lightning raced down from the heavens and struck His open palm, followed by another, and another, and more still. Fire danced in His eyes as He thrust out His hand towards the temple, a single bolt snaking forward like a launched slug. As it neared the first visible Ashlans, the bolt divided into several smaller arcs of energy. They struck each one individually, dancing from one person to the next, deliberately avoiding Kainate soldiers in the vicinity as the tidal wave of lightning moved across the approach and into the temple itself.

Carnifex flexed the fingers of His hand, stray sparks of electricity yet crackling through the empty air around it. "Would if I could stretch out my hand, and cleanse the universe thusly. Ah, but a dream."

Objective I

Corridor after corridor, Kimora charged through with her rifle at the ready. The Crusade offered little resistance. What it did provide was quickly snuffed out like a flame. The center of the platform, where the engine would be, would have to be where most of the Crusader marines would have fallen back to at this point. They were unable to properly defend this station despite fighting so zealously to take Dromund Kaas from the Sith.

"We're nearing the objective." came a voice through Kim's communicator.

"As are we. Expect heavy resistance. They're likely bunkered down." she replied.

A wide door stood at the center of a wall before Kimora and the rest of the troopers. It was all that stood between her and completing her mission. That and the likelihood of Crusaders on the other side. The agent and soldiers stacked up on the door as one trooper set up an explosive device on the door.

"Prepare to breach." Kim commanded. There was an eerie silence that was only broken every few seconds by the device beeps. Kim breathed in deeply, anticipating the breach. Then, the explosion. The doors were torn asunder and, in that instance, Kimora and the troopers pushed in through the breach. It was as she expected. The bulk of the defense force were in this room. There were many of them but they were taken out by the double breach with relative ease.

"All targets eliminated. Get the core open so I can plant the device." At Kimora's command, troopers began searching the engine room. Eventually, one found the control panel. After a few klicks at the panel, the core revealed itself. Kimora walked up to it and planted the explosive device at the base. Once the bomb was properly set in, Kimora activated the timer. "We've got 5 minutes. Let's get out of here." The troopers moved out of the engine room, followed by Kimora soon after. Once in the hangar bay, they found themselves onto an Imperial transport and departed. Once they did, the explosives went off, incinerating the engine room and causing a chain of explosions to ripple out through the platform.

"One platform down." Kimora reported in to the command.

SF-3335 rode hard.

The Crimson Velocity’s turbo-charged repulsorlift engines whined and howled as the strand-cast pushed the machine to the edge of its limits, extracting every modicum of performance out of her craft in doing so. Flying past trees with mere centimeters to spare, dragging her foot across the ground for better leverage while turning, and even turning on the afterburners for brief bursts of speed in spite of the hazardous terrain, SF-3335 spared no expense as she made her way to the first waypoint on her tactical display. She was confident in her skills after all and every second she waited could mean another rocket raining down upon her brothers and sisters. Before long, she arrived at the first waypoint, her sharp eyes picking out the camouflaged hull of a light tank nestled within the foliage.

Without hesitation, she attacked.

A salvo of energy torpedoes were discharged simultaneously with a pair of lancing particle beams and a rumbling barrage of machine gun fire, all aimed to strike the launchers. A moment later, a series of explosions rumbled, then boomed as the missiles inside the siege vehicle went off in a cascading series of sympathetic detonations, until there was nothing left but a charred, flaming hull.

<<Splash one tincan.>> SF-3335 said as she yawed her speeder back on course and flew past the stricken light tank. It was only then that her ears perked up upon registering the familiar howl of Lancer Mk II speeder bikes closing on her six. Immediately, the strand-cast initiated evasive maneuvers, kicking out her right leg as she turned speeder bike in a hard break turn to port, followed by the sudden activation of the auxiliary boosters, giving her a burst of acceleration in the same direction. All the while, the strand-cast yawed around so that her bike’s outriggings faced the incoming Lancers, at which point she opened fire on the leading bike. Suddenly, the rider was thrown from the bike as particle beams bored through his chest, flash-vaporizing his organs in the process. Then, SF-3335 shifted her aim onto the second Lancer while still laying on the beam cannons, the particle beams cutting through both bike and rider as she swiped her crosshairs across the target.

<<Splash two Lancers.>> SF-3335 breathed, before whipping a spin to get back on course, before throwing open the afterburners for a burst of speed. From there, the strand-cast sped to the second waypoint. If all went well, her wingmate—Tempest Five—would have the third. A few minutes later, SF-3335 arrived, at which point she began to scan the area for her target. Suddenly, a ping registered in her awareness and the strand-cast shifted her course to face it.

There was her mark.

With little more than a mental command, SF-3335 laid on her cannons, machine guns, and energy torpedoes, unleashing a veritable hailstorm of firepower on the siege vehicle and cooking its occupants alive under the fiery, explosive blaze. Once it was finished, SF-3335 spun her bike to a stop, before taking in the sight of the wrecked tank and its emblazoned Ashlan logo, charred and ruined.

It coaxed a smile from her pale, freckled features.

<<Mission complete, Lieutenant.>>

Final Post.

image0.jpg

Objective: BUILD AND FORTIFY [BYOO]
Tags: Hokan Krannus
Forces:

MOSHED-2023-7-23-21-35-53.jpg

A Week After The Reclamation
The Invictus Antagonistes provided the Grand Legions headquarters and Homebase for their operations since decades now. It was the source of most of their personal equipment as well as the source of all their brothers and sisters. It was the beating heart of the Legion and from where all operations were conducted, it was a formidable fortress and weapons platform more than capable to level continents and destroy fleets.

And it was a production facility. Not as mighty or elaborate as the Malsheem, but for the needs of the Legion absolutely sufficient for now. It arrived in the Dromund System seven days after the former Sith Empires capital was reclaimed by the forces of the Kainate and Sith. By their new allies. Still difficult to say without perking a brow. Luckily the Legionaries were not made to question orders and droids neither, so nobody inside the Grand Legion would actually perk a brow at it. They would take it as it was, their duty.

Primarion was not on the bridge of the mighty vessel, but in one of its many hangar bays which was preparing to send shuttles with equipment and droids down to the surface. Overseeing the deployment would be a Cohort of his First Legion, specialists for siege warfare who would guide and direct the construction of the base and fortifications on ground. It would be the only such installation in the Sith Orders realm, as otherwise they would rely on their fleet to transport and quickly deploy people. But this was the heart of Sith space, both historically and geographically, at least, for the ones they had chosen to back.

Primarion was looking how the shuttles and freighters were packed with materials and equipment, columns of droids and lifters putting it in and once it was filled, the ship would take off and deliver it to the surface where construction had already begun. They were estimating several weeks for the construction and that only because they could not get their duracrete to dry any faster.

He was not overseeing the construction or taking any part in it other that he looked at the plans and approved them. The Imperator knew siege-craft but was not an engineer, he would leave that to his 4th Cohort who were experts at it. Both constructing and tearing down any fortifications.

Meanwhile the Imperator was expecting to meet the General who was assigned to him for the first time. A Sith career officer apparently who also happened to be one of the rare non-Force sensitive Purebloods. Curious to see his performance and skill, knowing that he for sure had to go past more than one obstacle to reach a high rank in the Grand Army of the Kainate.

Kainate_Header.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom