Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebellion of Mimban

[member="Solan Charr"]

A little late to reply to this, but what [member="Arisa Yune"] was talking about with the ground peeps having to wait on the fleeting peeps is about how realistically they would need to leave from whatever transport they came in to land on the planet before they can do anything, and before that can happen the fleets will have engaged each other more than likely. So basically there is a chance the transports can get shot down before they ever have a chance to drop off troops. Not saying it will happen, but its the realistic thing that could happen.

Think of an RTS like Star Craft 2. In it the terrans had a flying unit that could transport units and it could be killed with them in it. If this happened you lost all the units in it, and it was able to be destoryed while dropping off units. So the same principle can be applied by having the ground troops start off in the transport and trying to get past any possible fleeter assault on them on their way to the ground.

[member="Isamu Baelor"]

Don't you use your logic on me! This is Star Wars after all!...... >.>

Yeah realism tends to take a huge backseat whenever anyone writes sci-fi/fantasy stuff. But it can be fun when it emerges in RP.

Braith Achlys said:
:| Why does it seem like this rebellion is being discussed as if there were invasion-esque rules being made?
My guess? Because it hasn't clicked yet that literally anything can happen in a Rebellion; because there's some nostalgia for the old Invasion rules (a timing thing); because people gravitate to the familiar when threatened; and because people will always try to gamify things to minimize their other side's advantages and maximize their own.

Jorus Merrill said:
My guess? Because it hasn't clicked yet that literally anything can happen in a Rebellion; because there's some nostalgia for the old Invasion rules (a timing thing); because people gravitate to the familiar when threatened; and because people will always try to gamify things to minimize their other side's advantages and maximize their own.

...Or because people can't rebel right now so they're just spinning wheels until Sunday, but my answer isn't as fun or dramatic.

Noah Bright

N
Tefka said:
so they're just spinning wheels until Sunday,
tumblr_n0qznqT0Fc1tszn8vo2_500.gif

Dear Sunday. Where art thou?

[member="Gray Raxis"]

It would be unfair to make everyone wait until myself and the republic's fleeters finished out fight. Especially considering i am only here to help the BTS fight and occupy the enemy fleets. To make people wait would both be boring and counterproductive as fleeting can take a long time for the battle to change. Trust me, it would be very boring for a lot of people if it was done your suggested way.

Jorus Merrill said:

Tefka said:
...Or because people can't rebel right now so they're just spinning wheels until Sunday, but my answer isn't as fun or dramatic.

Little bit of A, B, C, and D. I think while everyone still wants a chaotic Rebellion, they dont want it to devolve into a drama filled mess that will only cause annoyance on both sides especially when everyone has to pick a winner later. (Trying to make it easier on the faction admins later)

[member="Tefka"] [member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Braith Achlys"]

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
The main issue with this is the fleet battle is toooooooooooo big!. 40km on each side will take forever, bog down, get confusing and in the end most likely stress everyone involved. Just my opinion but it should have stayed around 10 km per side tops..

[member="Sabine Kurtass"]

Perhaps you should check your facts there Deary. One ME member acted out then the rest came to stop him. If that's a terrorist attack in your book then heaven help your judgement. :)

sabrina

[member="Deneve Verd"] all I know is bounty on one your guys, after the attack and your guys involved.
As for judgment it has never been my strong point. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom