Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebellion of Mimban

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
As of yesterday the Black Tie Syndicate merged with the Mandalorian Empire to become a minor sub faction. And in doing so we now have the ability to launch Rebellions. So the BTS has elected to launch a rebellion on the Tier 3 Galactic Republic Dominion of Mimban. I am tagging the leaders of the Republic and I hope that we can have fun and be civil through any OOC talks

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Reshmar"] [member="Gir Quee"] (I think) and @Suravi Teigara ?

[member="Grace Darkson"] We followed all the steps outlined by staff/the rules to the letter; including two votes (one in each faction) and a post in the map thread update. As such, unless a member of the site administration says otherwise, the BTS is a minor faction and therefore eligible to launch a rebellion.

Miss Blonde said:
Gir Quee (I think)
I'm not a member of the Republic staff, nor is my character a member of the IC Republic government or any of its organizations. The IC Gir is broadly light-side aligned through his work with the Directorate.

Out of curiousity though (since I don't delve into rules much outside of the factory), is this kosher with this announcement?

If the Black Ties Syndicate merged with the Mandalorian Empire, aren't they a part of a major faction?

Or do we count subfactions as minor groups that aren't part of the major factions?

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
Um I am confused. A merger doesn't make you minor it makes you part of a joint faction like it with the Silver Sanctum coalition. Wouldn't you have to go minor first then become a sub faction? The leventine did not become a minor faction when they merged. They formed a new faction with both factions.

anyway just curious. The Republic fleet will respond shortly.

[member="Gir Quee"], [member="Reshmar"]

Take for example the Silver Watch, the Sith Assassins, etc.

They are/were distinct entities/subfactions of their respective major, but at the same time were minor.

This is how we are proceeding. And until a member of site administration says otherwise, we're moving forward with the Rebellion.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Isley Verd"] but the silver watch and sith assassins were never major. this is a major faction merging with another major faction not a minor faction coming on as a sub. I am not against it I just think it needs to be cleared up because in the past the only major faction merger created another major faction not reverted one to minor.

Isley Verd said:
Take for example the Silver Watch, the Sith Assassins, etc. They are/were distinct entities/subfactions of their respective major, but at the same time were minor. This is how we are proceeding. And until a member of site administration says otherwise, we're moving forward with the Rebellion.
Those examples both occurred before that rules change, which is rather recent (July 4th).

I'm not saying that you're incorrect or that this can't be done, but before we get into the full swing of things, I'd personally like to hear some clarification from the site administration.

[member="Tefka"]

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
Here's how this is going to play out guys. Either we get going with this rebellion under the Black Ties. Or I take 5 minutes to start a new minor faction, have everyone join it, then have our opening thread be this rebellion. Now would you prefer option one, or option two? Because no matter what, this rebellion is happening. The choice is ultimately yours on what flavor of bad guys you want.

[member="Gir Quee"] [member="Reshmar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom