Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebellion Of Atrisia OOC

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Darth Lykos"],

Sure, no problem. We may end up doing another dominion that's a follow-up to this one dealing with the aftermath, so in it if [member="Adele Adonai"] is up for it Lykos and her could have their moment and maybe HK will interrogate him or try to get him to forsake the Dark Side, in it he would be without the cybernetics, then when we'll do the escape thread he'll have his replacement attached. How does that sound?

HK-36

[member="Darth Ferox"],

Actually it's possible to feel intense fear and despair without warning and no specific cause, for example when suffering from a Panic Disorder. So you could be fighting one second the other have a sudden crushing feeling of impending doom.

We talked about it in my Psych class today :p

[member="Darth Lykos"],

Cool! I'll keep you posted if we'll got for another Dominion

Nick Sept

Worst Ghost in the Galaxy
[member="Darth Ferox"]

Actual guy with (relatively mild) anxiety here. Think of it as a flood of overwhelming thoughts. Like, a hyperactivity that specifically focuses on worst case scenarios. Imagine simultaneously being drowned with a deluge of information and a constant amount of negative outcomes surrounding worst-case conclusions. You assume that every that can go wrong will go wrong, and you play it all out in your head before it happens. If a worry is a small voice in your head to ignore before trekking onward, imagine what [member="Darth Vitium"] is projecting as a whole chorus of voices each claiming that you just can't do it.

I hope that kind of helps. Writing about thought and consciousness is a pain.

HK-36

[member="Darth Ferox"],

Yeah I was going to come up with a metaphor, but [member="Nick Sept"]'s description of his own experience is much better. Panic attacks can also enact physical symptoms that include palpitations, sweating, shaking, shortness of breath, and numbness. You could also look up anxiety disorders and research them for yourself, since what Vitium is doing is pretty much enacting such a state through the use of the Force en masse.

Darth Ferox said:
[member="Dar'rak"]

Dont feel like you have to though! Our fight could have concluded long before the wave of darkness. Ultimately i leave it up to you, given it would be a major hindrance to you in our fight.

But dont feel pressured to use it!
[member="Darth Ferox"] Well that is the thing. I am not sure where I want to go with the idea. Make the haunting image become a reality or use it as a barrier against the dark side, giving Dar'rak an extra edge and sending a sort of reflex counter 'spell' towards [member="Darth Vitium"] in return. Hell I may even implement both just for the sake of having more to write. Imagine her shock when she unleashes this devastating spell only for the shadowy presence to assault her in retaliation. Something possibly equally powerful but from the light side of the force. Or where ever the love of a Mother for her child comes from.

HK-36 said:
[member="Darth Ferox"],

I think it would affect you too though, at least according to the Wookiee article on it, the way I understand it it affects everyone but has a special property against the Light-Siders. It would actually be interesting to see you two fight while you both try to deal with it or just huddle together for comfort :p
What would a rusted out droid know about comfort? Though it could be an interesting twist and one that would likely get Dar'rak thrown in prison.

Darth Ferox said:
[member="HK-36"]

It's still one of those things i havent the faintest idea on how to translate into writing. If you have any suggestions, im all ears though!
Well Have you seen the Dark Knight Movie with Scare Crow in it? The one where they release the hallucinogenic toxin into the air of Gotham and it makes everyone crazy with fear? Well I am thinking something along them lines is what she is about to do. So a possible example would be if your character started seeing mine in a more demonic and horrifying way. Bigger teeth, Horns, claws. Now because you are dark Side, this could make your character stronger in the Force. Fear is a Dark Side emotion after all and why Sith use it.

Now Dar'rak is naturally stronger than your typical humanoid. Equal too if not greater than a Wookie. That being said, he also augments his natural strength with the force. So with me possibly getting weaker and you stronger from your fear, we may have an even playing field more so than originally. So I would not worry too much about getting a major advantage. I also have an ally out there in this ash-fog if things get too difficult for me.

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
quote-there-are-not-enough-indians-in-the-world-to-defeat-the-seventh-cavalry-george-armstrong-custer-6-97-60.jpg

[member="Dar'rak"] [member="Darth Ferox"]

It whispers words that promote a sense of hopelessness (i.e; you have no chance of winning, all hope is lost, etc) and instills feelings of horror, pain, and confusion.

It also causes problems for light-siders who use the force.

HK-36

[member="Darth Vitium"],

It's also supposed to be dispersed relatively easily by someone skilled in Battle Meditation. So I wonder how it affects someone who is both skilled in battle meditation and a light sider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom