Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Preserved in Ambria | Galactic Alliance Dominion of Ambria & Telti

if they're watching anyways
div-green.png

Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr Valette Puritis Yumia Valette Puritis Yumia Erick Pryde Erick Pryde Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux Hovik Vaiken Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Auteme took the floor again.

"I'm quite glad to see there is some consensus on... one facet of this issue. As I have proposed this bill, I will start from the top for my defense, thank you.

"Representative Laborr, I understand you worry for your profits. I understand there is much more exploitation to be done to those who earn no wage than to those who earn even a little one. If you worry for your hold over planets you have supplied this 'cheap' labour to... well, yes, I suppose you should. Regardless, I would humbly remind the former Senator that his position is no longer one of voting capacity.

"Senator Pryde, I admit I am greatly disappointed in your words -- I would say there is no time in which the Alliance should not secure the rights of and support its members. I would also be curious to hear which sycophants you speak of, what faux progress, and what electoral ambition; I see none of it here.

"Senator Laveaux, we are not here discussing the possible sentience of droids -- it seems that there is consensus on the matter. But, since you have allowed us to dip our toes into that debate, I'll indulge you in relation to this specific bill. If droids are, as you say, unlikely to leave their posts regardless, then the mythical economic destabilization you speak of would not happen, and this bill is merely a simple way to strengthen relations to one of our member worlds, and perhaps future member worlds, at no cost. Of course, if there are indeed masses of droids yearning for freedom on many of our worlds that would struggle without them, and they are currently lacking even the smallest sliver of freedom, then we have been complicit in a grave crime for many, many decades.

"The latter of those is certainly discomforting, isn't it? Well, I certainly feel that way, because it seems to be the reality, one that this bill is inordinately ill-equipped to rectify into something more just. But here we are, Senators, skating around it -- though, Senator Organa, I appreciate your candor in this matter.

"Should the honorable member for Darhtag wish to continue arguing her position, I would humbly request she begin by proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that she is in fact fully conscious and sentient.

"Senator Vaiken, I think you make an excellent point. It is a travesty that childcare is not free Alliance-wide. We should rectify this as soon as possible -- my office would be happy to work with you on legislation to make it so. Such legislation would likely be effective enough to free up billions of parents to work full time. I would suspect that would be many times more than enough to counteract the mythical productive downturn we've been hearing of. Would that be sufficient to assuage your concerns of this bill? Or is there, perhaps, another reason you oppose it?"
Her smile didn't reach her eyes.

"If there are still worries about a sudden and devastating economic loss, I would put forward the example of the Republic Engineering Corporation, an ally to the Alliance since its inception. Under the REC, not only are droids paid wages, but they are treated as equals, and work at all levels of the organization. I suspect that this has aided the REC in remaining our preferred supplier of high-quality military technology since the earliest days of the Alliance." The praise was difficult to get out, but she kept a straight face and even tone. The REC had slowly lost its prominence within the Alliance but not its use nor contracts. Its production hadn't slowed since Tagge had been elected. There was something to respect there.

"I would suspect that many of the REC's employees would remain working with them. Further still, I trust that, with our relationship to worlds such as Ord Vaug strengthened, they would be able to increase their own manufacturing capabilities in order to make up for any we may have lost. Further still, if we are to believe that there would be some mass exodus of droids from our developing members, we would likely see a great drop in unemployment, strengthening our economies instead of weakening them.

"I humbly ask the Senators who have expressed their opposition to rethink their positions."
Ah, but not a soul would; not even Laveaux to go against the grain.

Senator of Chandrila
Objective III | Right

Even though Eboi was up for reelection soon, he otherwise went to Couruscant so he could cast his vote on the new bill Auteme created. Eboi was becoming unpopular with the people of Chandrilia due to his passive responses to the Hyperspace War and the fact that he abstained from voting for war against the Madalorians. Eboi never liked war and though he disagreed with his critics about his actions taken during the Hyperspace War. He didn't like the fact that Alliance was heading into another one, this time against the Mandalorians. There should've been peace talks after Ryloth, especially since of the Mandalorians assisted the Alliance at Tython but alas here he was sitting at a 37 percent approval rating.

"Chandrilia chooses to vote for Chancellor Auteme Auteme Droid law," Eboi said. "Since the Galaxy's inception, we have grown with Droids. They've been our friends, enemies, and servants. We as organics made discoveries that these units do have a soul and can think individually. To do a memory wipe before they discover sentience is a tragedy. Who are we to play God with these Droids who want the right to live? For too long, the Alliance has neglected the rights of Droids who gain sentience. They're mistrusted due to the sins of the Droids that came before like in the Clockwork Rebellion and forced to live deep in the lower levels where even then the Droids have to open up a place where they can feel welcome amongst themselves!"

He took a deep breath. "We can do both honored senators," Eboi said. "Though I do not like the idea of another war especially since we've recovered from the Hyperspace War. The rights of Droids has been ignored for far too long to the point where I feel that the proponents of the bill are using the Mandalorians as a distraction so this will not pass. I say we take the first steps and sign this bill into law!"

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa , Valette Puritis Yumia Valette Puritis Yumia , Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr , Erick Pryde Erick Pryde , Hovik Vaiken, Dominick von Ascania Dominick von Ascania , Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux

"And why is a memory wipe necessary?"

Sycorax opened her mouth to respond, but Senator Yumia just kept talking. By the end of it, she was so weary of Ord Providence's single-minded hostility toward corpos, she couldn't muster up the will to reply.

Then along came Chancellor Auteme, delivering one of her manifesto-length speeches. Sycorax stayed quiet and respectful throughout, only reacting to one of the Chancellor's points. When Auteme suggested offering free childcare so that billions of parents could work full time, she grimaced. Wouldn't it be better to work toward making it so that parents didn't have to work full time? Most would rather not dump their child in daycare or leave them with a droid nanny so they could work long hours. They'd rather stay at home and actually raise their kids. But that wasn't the issue being debated here, so she stayed silent.

"I humbly ask the Senators who have expressed their opposition to rethink their positions."

"Dahrtag abstains."

Ambria
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Aymeric Prendergast Aymeric Prendergast

"Too cold for my liking, that's for sure," Valery said while she looked around and allowed her senses to expand far beyond her immediate surroundings. The Dark Side wasn't just cold and corrupting — it also clouded the senses of even the most experienced Jedi. So something dangerous they'd normally be able to pick up on quite easily could suddenly become a surprise. But a Shadow always expected there to be trouble.

"Have you done something like this before?" she then asked, curious about his History. What little she had learned had given her the impression that he'd be quite a good Shadow and one that could work within the framework she hoped to create. The Shadows of old were extreme and paranoid and occasionally turned against each other if one was believed to be too close to falling.

The Jedi now had to stand together far more.

"Spirits can typically cause no physical harm, but they can drive you insane, control your mind, or even try to take over your body. It's crucial that you block them out. We're not helping anybody today if we can't protect ourselves first."

Amani had nearly sprung upon the dark spirit, but was forced into negotiation when she threatened Eloise. The mirialan lowered the blade of her pike, the opposite palm splayed towards the floor in passivity. If she just had a moment, perhaps she could distract the witch just a second long enough to telekinetically seize control of the blade. "Alright…" Amani murmured.

"Tell me this, witch, how did you escape death? How did you return home?" She asked cautiously, hoping to spur some deeper contemplation. If the witch would entertain the thought, it would give Amani and Eloise more time.

Wat Tambor - Encyclopédie Star Wars HoloNet

tf-site-header.png

mark-kolobaev-da2.png

Senator Laborr glanced over to more of the senatorial pods as more speakers decided to join into the debate after the Trade Federation tried to cast a vote on the proposal knowing full well that they weren't allowed to according to alliance regulations. Senator Alicio Organa Alicio Organa moved his pod forward in an attempt to change the topic into something it was not by mentioning slave labor as an alternative to droid labor, and while there were many benefits to slave labor they could be drummed up against their owners given the right push by anti-slavery movements. All that Senator Organa was doing was trying to make the statement that droid labor was considered slavery as well and that there was little difference.

Senator Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux seemed annoyed with Organa's statements even offering him a chance to resurrect an age old debate about cloning which the alliance was dead set against. Senator Valette Puritis Yumia Valette Puritis Yumia followed up on this by mentioning why memory wipes were necessaries if droids developed sentience all on their own despite programming efforts to erase such tendencies. Ord Vaug was a hotspot for a Droid Revolution given the right push and the alliance could ill afford that given the recent war with the Mandalorians. The bill was a threat to the Trade Federation and that was that, The Skakoan cared little for the internal stability of the alliance as long as he made profits.

Chancellor Auteme Auteme decided to respond to each point listed by the senators so far, even calling the Skakoan out on his attempt to vote despite previously mentioned regulations and attempting to discredit him by painting the Trade Federation as only concerned by profits which they largely were. The bill would have a terrible impact on the economy of several trade federation aligned planets and would halt projects intended to expand said influence further.

She did make a good point about mentioning the Republic Engineering Corporation which had largely supported the alliance in its foundations and provided it with many technologies still used today. But he had yet to see them remerge to galactic prominence. And Laborr, suspected that some senators would switch their votes to buddy up with the chancellor.

Senator Eboi Seth Eboi Seth was the next to speak and given his precarious position, was directly in favor of the proposal and was pushing for it to signed into law. Although it seemed the chancellor words struck a cord with Senator Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux who chose to abstain instead of directly oppose.

"AWWEEEEEEROOORROROR...While the Trade Federation can't vote in a traditional capacity, Madame Chancellor. And noting your hostility against corporations given the previous tithe administration. I would still like to voice our displeasure at this presented bill. The Planet of Ord Vaug is a special case one which the alliance has not had to deal with, it would be unwise to cast an official ruling without considering the consequences such a decision would have on alliance 'partners'" The Skakoan explained adjusting the suit monitors. While the Trade Federation could not vote on officials matters, he hoped that the alliance would consider the implications of impacting a major employer with unnecessaries bills such as this.

Erick Pryde

P A I N K I L L E R

Senator Pryde stood tall and resolute.

"Madame Chancellor, esteemed colleagues," he began, his tone unapologetically populist, "it is with a heavy heart that I observe this chamber at a crucial juncture in our history. It seems the winds of change buffet us, and yet too many here sway like reeds, bending to the currents without heed for the consequences that lie in their wake."

He glanced across the assembly, acknowledging the points made by various senators. "I speak of sycophants not to accuse anyone directly within this chamber but to emphasize the criticality of independent thought and discourse. The faux progress I alluded to pertains to pursuing change without thorough consideration of its implications. As for electoral ambition, it is a broader concern regarding actions that may be influenced by electoral strategies, even if not overtly expressed here."

He turned his attention towards the Trade Federation Senator, Laborr. "Representative Laborr raises a valid concern - a concern shared by many in the Galactic Alliance. But a corporation's paramount duty is to its shareholders and profits, not the well-being and representation of the people. To even allow a corporation a seat within this democratic body is an affront to the principles we claim to hold dear."

He raised a finger, ticking off his points as if following a mental checklist. "Sycophants, driven by political expediency, have allowed this situation to fester. How can we proclaim to represent the people when the very essence of representation is diluted by vested corporate interests? A senator's duty is to the citizens they represent, not to profit margins. You ask what sycophants I speak of, and you fail to see what I see. I see them littered through these halls, tainted by billions of credits - bought and paid for."

Senator Pryde's impassioned voice echoed through the chamber and his eyes fell squarely on Auteme Auteme . "Yes, we must secure the rights of all within the Alliance, but not at the cost of our democratic ideals. The road to progress must be paved with prudence and careful consideration, not reckless abandon. We must guard against a path that compromises our stability and unity, for the consequences of such decisions are borne by the very citizens we are meant to protect."

For a moment, he seemed to be lost in his monologue but quickly regained his composure. "The people of Alsakan remain opposed to piece of legislation. "

Hovik Vaiken

H

mark-kolobaev-da2.png

Coruscant, Senate Rotunda . . .
The Mighty Pen of Foerost

div-goldiguess.png

The Senator of Foerost rubbed his beard with regret as his vote was enacted against the bill; it seems the tide was turning, and the progressives were making a late-game comeback. Sitting in his pod and placing his face in his palms as the Madame Chancellor spoke to him for a moment.

His head nodded in a bubble-head manner as he bit his fingernails, being a new member of legislation made him prone to making mistakes such as voting too early. "This is the hill I die on, with Laborr and against Droids Rights...My political career will be in shambles soon." He exclaimed to his assistant as he rubbed his head. "...Well, I can always become Dictator-for-Life, Gods! That is the next cinema hit, hmm...A new plot." He mumbled , from sad to happy in a moment's notice.

"Well, I must say Madame Chancellor - you are as intelligent as usual and well - yes...such legislation would be quite the beneficial piece. I am open to cooperating with the office of the chancellor on such matters; perhaps Senator Laborr can be included as well, I'm sure the Trade Federation would be more then happy to lift the burden of the working class mother." Hovik said, smiling at the Chancellor and Laborr, to play both sides of the fence was what he was attempting...he was sure this'd backfire as well.

"And no, no, no other reason, all reasons listed are surely why I voted against this...And well, I uhm, on the basis of enlightenment have decided to edit my vote before this session concludes. The Senator of Foerost abstains, the Chancellor alongside my fellow representatives words are eclipsing me and I believe it is best to commit to this new vote." He finished now sitting in his seat. The Corporate Cabal wouldn't be too happy about his vote, and the Military Clique didn't matter too much to Hovik; all that was known and of importance is that to his fellow senators and public, he was a flip-flopper of the sorts and didn't attempt to hide it.

"Everything feels fake...Help me mother, oh I should've stuck to acting." He said rubbing his eyebrow as he awaited to be called out for his flopping, so paranoid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"If not now, when? There will never be a right time to change, for those who profit from staying the same."

Dominick blinked in surprise. If not now, when. It was a question he hadn't thought about before. And now, hearing it aloud, he couldn't help but clench his jaw in silence as he listened to the others speak. It was a.. Colorful debate. And filled with direct insults to one another. Were politicians always this rude? The boy frowned as she stayed in his seat, focused more on how Alicio would answer.

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux | Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr | Auteme Auteme | Erick Pryde Erick Pryde | Hovik Vaiken | Valette Puritis Yumia Valette Puritis Yumia

sci_fi_castle_by_artofreza_de5pq3w-414w-2x.png

CREATURE FEAR
~Paramind... Paramind...~

OUTFIT: x
OBJECTIVE: Objective 2 - Reveal
TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble

0v7RlQs.png

AMBRIA, STENNES NODE, AIRON SECTOR, INNER RIM

"I usually like the cold, but this one is too unnerving for me." Hating the cold is a rather privileged position I would have to say. Growing up in the slums of Coruscant, temperature was never a thing I could compromise with. Sometimes, it would rain so much it's damp, and that's the only experience of cold I had until I was around eight. Otherwise, it's the foetid heat of the cramped living quarter in the tenement we use to live in. The hall of the Jedi temple was obviously an improvement, and I found myself enjoying the cold in no time. Although, this one is rather dreadful, striking the faintest of heart.

I can sense the worry in Valery's voice. I'd have to guess that it's just the combination of things that has happened the past few months, the Sith, the Mandalorians, and the casualties on our side. It has to be hard, having the responsibility to not fuck up this whole situation, every details count, innocent's life counts on it. Her question did send my mind wandering, far into the past. "Facing malignant spirits? I have, a couple of time, but never on this scale." Not physically. It was taking hostage of my own mother, a victim of a medical experiment gone wrong. Her soul never got to rest, all those time, until I uncovered the truth to her demise, until I right what was wrong. But that is another story for another day. That day I learnt the it hard way, that there is a difference between a dark side entity and a host for dark side entity. It taught me that this is a rigorous job, that you need to both work quickly, and meticulously. "Have you, master?" I quipped, wanting to know more of her past experiences as we continued our walk towards the obelisk.

"Spirits can typically cause no physical harm, but they can drive you insane, control your mind, or even try to take over your body. It's crucial that you block them out. We're not helping anybody today if we can't protect ourselves first."
I hummed at her explanation, nodding my head so she would know that her explanation was clear. It is a grave task, indeed, many described an encounter with a spirit as a gate to insanity, an out of body experience. If it's enough to bother the Sword of the Jedi, I will have to be on my A game today, all senses heightened and focused on the mission. As we were reaching the obelisk, the place reek of the dark side, I leaned close to Valery. "I'm ready when you are, master." I told her in a hushed tone, to not alert the spirits in here if they haven't noticed yet by now.
0v7RlQs.png

"Tell me this, witch, how did you escape death? How did you return home?"

"Puh-lease. All things are possible with the Force." The ghost of the Witch of Ambria eyed Amani up and down. "Shouldn't you have that figured by now, at your age?"

Eloise remained on the floor, though her eyes wandered, looking for something she could use to free herself. There were weapons lying around, but she doubted they could wound a ghost. What she needed was something imbued, or a Force void. Amani probably wasn't strong enough to fight the Witch on her own... but perhaps together she and Eloise could overcome her.

"Besides, having a body is a bit of a drag when it comes to traveling," the ghost continued. "When you're dead, you can just pop in wherever you want to go."

Eloise began fighting back, using the Force to push against the telekinesis which kept her pinned down. "Help me!" she shouted to Amani. Not a plea but a pointed demand.

Last edited:

Alicio remained unfazed at Senator Laveaux's response, not so easily goaded into an argument. She hadn't even truly insulted him, had she? Besides, he was now well prepared for Sycorax's particular brand of interaction, since their first meeting. Her continued talk about clone armies, he too let go. Did he have thoughts? Of course he did. But it wasn't worth it to muddy the conversation.

And, perhaps he was reigning himself in a little, what with a younger observer in the box with him.

It seemed a few more allied voices joined his after he spoke, though he had to give credit to the first voice of assent in Senator Yumia. Never had Alicio agreed more, and spoken to less, with a politician than the Godoan. Their views didn't always line up, but they were allies on enough bills that the Count should at least introduce himself. Especially since she had defended his point better than he likely would have been able to.

Auteme's words seemed to jostle a few of her detractors into abstaining, yet a few continued to hold on. Senator Laborr, of course, was unable to cast his lot in this debate, and that was likely for the better. He, more than anyone else that had spoken, benefited from a negative ruling today. But Something Senator Pryce said demanded follow-up. Alicio focused on the man, grey eyes icy.

"We are not currently debating droid suffrage, Senator Pryce. When the time comes for that discussion, I agree that there is a conversation worth having. But the bill placed before us now is about allowing self-aware workers to relocate." His voice wasn't as impassioned as the man, but it was just as confident, even and calm. He understood what the Alsakan was saying, but Alicio wasn't one for small measures. "In keeping your eyes on a slippery slope, I fear you may have forgotten the issue at hand. The question remains; are we as a nation willing to force labor upon an autonomous population?"

"As has already been stated by the Chancellor, if you are unconvinced of droid sentience, then you have nothing to fear from this bill. And for those of us who are afraid of what the droids might decide, then is that not proof enough of their capability for autonomy?"

if they're watching anyways
The responses were surprising. Perhaps she'd sold herself short -- or perhaps she'd sold the others short. Contradiction was an uncomfortable thing, and resolving it, changing, was often just as uncomfortable. But it was necessary, and she was glad to see the change in position from some of the other Senators.

Auteme's patience was rewarded as Senator Organa stepped in once more. Pryce was impassioned, but in a strange and incomprehensible way. Perhaps there was something admirable there. For now, she let it rest, only chiming in at the very end.

"If the member for Alsakan sees an affront to democratic ideals in this facet of the Senate, I would encourage him to put forward legislation amending it. My office would be more than willing to support such an endeavour. But, as the member for Alderaan has noted, that is a different and mostly unrelated matter.

"As for the one at hand, I think we have heard enough. Let us vote."

"And no, no, no other reason, all reasons listed are surely why I voted against this...And well, I uhm, on the basis of enlightenment have decided to edit my vote before this session concludes. The Senator of Foerost abstains, the Chancellor alongside my fellow representatives words are eclipsing me and I believe it is best to commit to this new vote."

"Oh you poor thing," Yumia muttered to herself.

He was like a deer in headlights. The milk-toast nature of his answer spoke volumes, and Yumia could see the stress bottling up behind the man's eyes. The Godoan knew very little about the senator of Foerost, but it was very clear that he was in the wrong place. A sliver of pity ran through her heart.

Only a sliver, of course. Any more would be far too charitable. Learning took struggle after all.

"Ord Providence votes in favor of the bill," the senator proclaimed whenever the Chancellor announced an end to discussion.

She'd give Auteme a bow of respect before her pod returned to it's dock. Whevever it was clear that the proceedings were complete, Yumia would depart with her staff.

Exit

Amani rolled her eyes, "Well, I was hoping for specifics, but if you're going to be like that…" The mirialan huffed. It had been a while since she actually had an encounter with a true darksider. The inability for a simple question to persist without suffering a petty barb was an annoying return to form. But given the sass she often gave such figures herself, Amani conceded it as fair play.

"Maybe you'd consider popping out of here forever, then?" Amani replied. Eloise's demand for help earned a momentary stern glance that translated to "I'm trying". The Padawan was doing what she could to resist the Witch's force, and the damoclean dagger hanging over her throat. Amani was afraid to act, at the risk of Eloise being hurt or killed. But their options were limited. Perhaps just one push would be all she needed to escape alive.

Amani stood silent for a few long, tense moments, concentrating. Then, she suddenly thrust her free hand forward, and a blinding, holy prism of Force Light projected toward the Dark side spirit. The radiant flame was anathema to the Witch's very nature, and threatened to incinerate her if she did not retreat from it, "Now!" Amani shouted to Eloise.

Ambria
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"Good, it'll make this easier," Valery said when he told her that he had some experience. Very few Jedi had faced off against spirits on this scale before, and she wouldn't want to expose most of them to it either. It was the kind of task meant for a Jedi Shadow, or at least someone very capable at shielding their own mind. Because while every Jedi learned how to wield a lightsaber and defend themselves physically, few had what it took to resist corruption or possession.

"I've handled spirits before, and I was even possessed by one. When I struck down Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren at Exegol, his spirit took control of me in one last attempt to take me down with him. My husband managed to remove him, but... it's not an experience I'd ever like to repeat." Even now, a small part of Kyrel's soul was still with her — it couldn't control her or corrupt her, but it gave her a connection to his lost soul.

A connection she didn't want, but couldn't destroy.

"I'm ready," Valery then said when he leaned in closer, but she didn't quite lower her voice. Spirits were a different kind of evil, and it was more than likely that they were already aware of the Jedi. Whether or not it was the case, she was going to proceed with the assumption that they weren't her unnoticed.

"We follow the cold, and once we find out target, we'll isolate it and purge it. Don't hold back."

CREATURE FEAR
~Paramind... Paramind...~

OUTFIT: x
OBJECTIVE: Objective 2 - Reveal
TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble

0v7RlQs.png

AMBRIA, STENNES NODE, AIRON SECTOR, INNER RIM

Exegol. The event that shook the galaxy and ended the war. I was barely a Padawan back then, in Coruscant, yet I can still remember the disturbance in the force that day. "That must've been rough." And that must've been rough for Master Kahlil too. You'd never know, facing a spirit that possessed someone. Sometimes, the corruption is too deep already, and you'll have to make the choice, to prevent a catastrophic event, to spare the vessel from a fate of lifelong trauma. Sometimes, you overstated the severity, you put too much force to it, and you'll have to live questioning whether you could have handled it better, if the vessel could have been saved if you are just a tiny bit more competent in your job. I'm not even sure which was it in my case, and that still absolutely haunts my night ever since. "It won't come to it." I added, giving her an acknowledging look, not that Master Valery needs to hear it. What happened to her, that involved Kyrel Ren, one of the most powerful Sith of his time. The chance of such things happening today is very low. Still, the words escaped my mouth, and I have to think that it came out more for my own convictions, not hers.

Stepping in the ruins, the cold is getting more apparent, along with whispers that mask itself as wind. From our naked eyes and senses, it is almost impossible to locate the source of the disturbance. The spirits are cunning and resourceful, they use illusions and deceptions to lure people in, preying on their next victims, or simply just seeking attention. Through the force, however, tracing which of these are the spirits themselves, and which are mere apparitions, becomes possible. Spirits are essentially souls, after all, and with them are ripples of the force. I tapped in my connection to the force, navigating through the webs of energy and life. The spirits don't make it easy, they are making an attempt to creep up our minds, through illusions, ghastly wind, and screeching and ringing noises, even when we are still in the first area we entered. It didn't take long, however, before I located the first instance of a spirit in the area. A surge of force essence, close to a black, oily tomb. Whether said spirit has a physical form or not, and what is the power level of them are still hard to gauge at this moment, but at least we've located them. Looking at Master Valery to confirm the location, I whispered to her in a low voice. "That must be one of them."
0v7RlQs.png

The more she struggled, the harder the blade pressed. Eventually Eloise was forced to go still, lest her throat be cut then and there. The only reason she was still alive was because the Witch derived sadistic pleasure from playing with them.

"Why should I waste the secret of eternal life on you?" the Witch purred. "It'd be pearls before swine."

"Maybe you'd consider popping out of here forever, then?"

"Oh, you think you're a pistol, don't you?" The air grew icy with the spirit's anger. For a split second, her hold on Eloise lessened as she was about to lash out at Amani. That was the moment the Knight chose to strike.

The Witch recoiled from the Light. Eloise escaped her grip, rolling away and getting to her feet beside her master, lightsaber drawn. For all the good her weapon would do, being made to fight physical foes...

Out of the shadows came a tidal wave of Darkness. Eloise saw it, knew what was coming, and was still dragged under, drowning in despair. What was she doing here? The others were right. She was a pretender, unworthy to call herself a Jedi. She'd become just like her parents. There was no escaping it...

Before she knew it, she was running, fleeing back the way they had come.

Ambria
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"It was intense, though even more so for my husband. He had to remove it," she said without really going into detail on it. The risk had been there that she'd be lost forever alongside Kyrel, but it didn't happen, so there was no point to linger on those fears. A part of his spirit would possibly always remain, but as long as she was able to control or resist it, she wasn't worried. They'd find a way to remove his soul if it became necessary.

For now, they had to focus on more immediate problems.

"No, today won't be so difficult. As long as we stay on our guard." Looking around, she could already feel the Dark Side trying to invade her mind. Fake whispers, howling of the wind and blurry images were all there, but she paid no attention to them. None of it was real, and it all just served as a distraction.

The longer they'd be here, the higher the chance of these spirits forcing their way into their minds.

"That must be one of them."

Valery's gaze followed his and she chuckled, "That's right. I'm leaving this one to you," she said while she shot him a sidelong glance. There was a good chance he wouldn't be expecting that, but she wanted to see his approach. If something were to go wrong, she could always step in, but why not test him a little?

"Let me know if you need any help."

"Alderaan votes in favor of this bill as well," the Senator added after Ord Providence had their say, finally sitting back in his chair and disengaging his voice amplifiers. The corner of his mouth twitched, as he glanced back towards his passenger. He was rather young, wasn't he?

Was this how Auteme felt, when they had first met? A sudden understanding of how far he'd come, an optimism for the future?

"I honestly couldn't say which way the winds will blow today," the Count said to the junior politician, after a moment of thought. "Some of these things... are too divisive, too chaotic, to tell." He adjusted his cloak with an absent hand, disregarding the cam droids buzzing around their pod.

"So, what do you make of all this, Dominick?" Slate grey eyes found the Ukatian, as did a lilting smile. "I've said what I believe. Imagine you have your own pod, one day. A planet of your people expect you to speak for them. What would you have said? What do you believe?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom