Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Preserved in Ambria | Galactic Alliance Dominion of Ambria & Telti

2sYS5cK.png

In a galaxy as vast as ours, it is not a surprise that even entire worlds can disappear. Razed, annihilated, abandoned, or merely forgotten; planets without number slip in and out of the galaxy’s collective consciousness. Yet they remain, in part or in whole, as whispers from stellar winds, annals in ancient archives, last words of the dead or first of the newly-alive.

The Alliance remembers twice today.

mark-kolobaev-473.png
Objective I | Rest

Ambria is an oft-forgotten world, inhabited at various times by miners, scavengers, cyberneticists, Sith, and Jedi. The latter, after digging in the Archives and scouring their ancient knowledge, have uncovered the location of a sacred place. Deep in the Tiernvael Mountains, the meditative retreat of many a long-dead master waits patiently, filled with energy waiting once more to be uncovered.

Relax. Focus. Mend.

Objective II | Reveal
sci_fi_castle_by_artofreza_de5pq3w-414w-2x.png

Not far from the anchored nexus of light is a place of darkness. Past the ruins of an ancient kilometers-high obelisk and a steaming lake guarded by dark side dragons sits the lair of a twice-dead witch. Dark spirits still linger here, taking up residence in the vaunted halls. Once fashioned by the hands of the enslaved, and then by the powers of magick, this fortress stands as a monument to death in defiance of the light of the Jedi.

mark-kolobaev-da2.png
Explore. Destroy. Survive.

Objective III | Right

Like Ambria, Telti is a world not often thought of. The small moon was briefly a battle-zone between the past One Sith and Alliance, and for long before that a droid manufacturing world, at times concealed and at other times forgotten. Now it has revealed itself as an entirely new world; the barren, industrial surface teems with the inorganic life of millions of droids. Together they have made overtures to the Alliance, but have stayed wary, knowing that they are without rights on many Alliance worlds.

The Chancellor has put forward a motion to extend freedom of movement rights to droids to a limited extent, citing Ord Vaug as a sanctuary world that is currently unable to protect its would-be charges. This is the first time any sort of droid rights have been discussed seriously within the Senate – while it certainly presents the opportunity to bring Telti into the fold as another such potential droid sanctuary world, the prospect of any kind of droid rights might be a devastating prospect to those worlds hosting droid manufacturing facilities or reliant on their labor.

Objective IV | BYOO

Yeah, do what you want. These planets are kinda cool.

2sYS5cK.png

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

Reveal

Dragons, Witches, Spirits?

Yeah, there was nothing more up Kahlil's alley. The Jedi Master stared off at the obelisk in the distance, not even bothering to hide the almost giddy giddy on his face. Ancient knowledge was the fastest way to bring a smile to him. How could he not be excited? Asides from the danger, there could be all manner of secrets to explore and learn. So the Jedi could better handle similar threats in the future of course.

Not just because he was an ancient knowledge nerd. Not at all.

"The dragons will be the biggest problem to get close. Even if you cross the water safely, they'll likely swoop right in to try and knock you in. Which means.. Target them first. What would be a good way to do that though? Blaster? ... No, they probably have a thick hide. Though maybe their wings aren't?"

He was mumbling to himself, piecing together his plan of attack. Either unaware people were there or just unaware he was speaking aloud.

Ambria, Objective II
Tags: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Open

saria_divider.png

"The dragons will be the biggest problem to get close. Even if you cross the water safely, they'll likely swoop right in to try and knock you in. Which means.. Target them first. What would be a good way to do that though? Blaster? ... No, they probably have a thick hide. Though maybe their wings aren't?"

Master Kahlil was acting weird. Of course, Saria didn't know the council member all that well at all, but his behavior certainly seemed... excitable? Yeah, that was a good word. The words he was saying seemed as though they could be directed at someone, but it wasn't clear who the master was addressing. Maybe he was just talking to himself? It was hard to say. Saria was reluctant to bring up her confusion to such a thing, but no matters were ever resolved by remaining silent.

"Master," she began with a concerned frown. "Are you alright? You seem to be... talking to yourself."

She'd furrow her brow, studying the very tall man's expression. He was very excited, probably more than anyone should be at the prospect of fighting a dragon.

"Not that talking to yourself is an abnormal phenomena," the Mirialan noted, "but I can't help but observe a... concerning shift in your demeanor. Should I hail a medical shuttle?"

Perhaps he was just ill. Saria had a tendency to ramble when she was sick. Or maybe she just liked to talk. She was no doctor, so maybe it was just better to be safe than sorry on this matter. The last thing she needed was to get burnt to a crisp by a giant lizard while the present masters were off having fever dreams.

It was better to be cautious.

CREATURE FEAR
~Paramind... Paramind...~

OUTFIT: x
OBJECTIVE: Objective 2 - Reveal
TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble

0v7RlQs.png

AMBRIA, STENNES NODE, AIRON SECTOR, INNER RIM

The dark side is strong on this planet. As the expedition of the Galactic Alliance's diplomatic envoy has expanded exponentially, what people often forget is that the galaxy, sans a couple of historical light side systems, are filled with dark nexus, nefarious creatures, and vengeful spirits. Human civilization isn't the rule of this galaxy, it's an exception. Many have ventured across the galaxy; building temples, digging caves, erecting towers taller than Ashla and Bogan had ever imagined. It leads nowhere, in a lot of cases. For every Coruscant and Denon are haunted marshes like Dagobah, desolate arctic like Hoth, or, in this case, scorching rocky plains like Ambria. Who am I to judge? While the diplomats are fraternizing on the moon of Telti, here I am in Ambria, serving the will of Ashla like I was meant to. While the Jedi are a generally peaceful organization, there are some aspects of the galaxy that can only be faced with an equal measure of force. A sword of the order, I suppose, hunting darkness where it resides, not with anger and fear in our heart, but with tranquility, with full understanding that some things in this galaxy are just evil in nature, and are to be purged. And who am I to question Ashla's will? It's an honorable task reserved to the most resolute of heart, ones who can carry Ashla's judgment without any feign of emotions, positive or negative.

Speaking of swords, it just so happens that I was assigned to work with the Sword of the Jedi herself, Valery Noble Valery Noble . There has been whispers that with the increasing threat of the Sith Order, of the New Sith World and The Old, there has been a discussion to revitalize the once formidable Jedi Shadow. It is said that the council has been looking through the ranks of Jedi Knights, and it's not just once that I've heard my name muttered somewhere between those rumors. It goes without saying that hundreds of whispers travel around the temple on the daily, and to believe every single one of them is a foolish errand. Yet, there has to be a reason that, not only I was assigned on a mission with the Sword of the Jedi, but also a former Jedi Shadow. For now, I shouldn't let the thought consume my mind, not when real threats are almost certain to present themselves in front of us. All I can say is it's such an honor to even just be considered amongst the name, not mentioning going on a mission with the legendary Jedi herself.

Greeted by the ghoulish wind of Ambria, one that is full of contradictions, scorching hot and eerily cold at the same time. We set on our journey to the feet of an ancient obelisk, kilometers in height. It is said that the obelisk was once erected by a dark lord, home to heinous practices and vile experimentations. Now a shell of its former self, the obelisk is rumored to still be filled by ancient spirits, some evil in nature, but others are just tortured souls seeking an escape. Reminded me of a fifteen years old me, in a weird, twisted way. It is our task to purge the evil and free the innocents. It is true that the dark side is to be eradicated without heart's contempt, but not at the cost of the souls of innocents. This is why only the best of the best can even be considered for the position of Shadow. Every detail counts, everything has to be precise. They are not afforded the luxury of making mistakes. Not an easy task, but having Valery Noble with me certainly lifts half of the pressure from my shoulder. On to the obelisk, then.

"Cold, isn't it, master? The darkside is strong here."
0v7RlQs.png

Last edited:
"The witch is supposed to be dead, right?" Eloise asked, looking to Amani Serys Amani Serys . "Because that's not the vibe I'm getting here."

She gestured to the castle interior which, while ruinous, showed signs of recent occupation. Stashes of food and water, bedding, a hole being used as a makeshift toilet. If not the witch, then someone certainly had been living here.

The aura of the Dark Side still permeated the witch's lair. While her peers described it as suffocating, Eloise found it enticing. But she had learned already that if it felt good, it was probably not good for her.

"We should try to find whoever's been hanging around here—" She started toward the nearest entryway, only to halt at a sudden shout.

"What are you doing in my house?!"

She found herself face to face with... well, not a woman, despite her feminine shape. The colorful undulating growths sprouting from her head in lieu of hair and the total blackness of her eyes made that much clear. The creature appeared to be unarmed... except for the awesome power of the Force.

No sooner had Eloise laid eyes upon her, she was flung backwards by a blast of telekinesis. Her back hit the castle wall. Gritting her teeth against the pain, she saw through bleary eyes as the creature stormed through the archway, turning her searing gaze upon Amani.

It seemed the Witch was back.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Saria Rae Saria Rae Aymeric Prendergast Aymeric Prendergast + Whoever else wants to fight the witch​

OBJECTIVE 1

He'd escaped sith space, had escaped Adelie Noc-- No, Darth Keres. That or she'd let him go. Either one was a feat in and of itself, but he could feel the darkness that had seeped into him. He couldn't remember much of what had happened. Being hit and beaten during those times, and then forcefully sewn back together... He shuddered, as Khusrasol flew through the depths of space. He wanted to go back to the Order, to those that had taken him in. But... He was afraid. Afraid that they would cast him out for not being able to make it back, that they would blame him, or condemn him as fallen. He sighed. So much had gone wrong. He wondered if she'd enthralled him again. It was as much a possibility as anything so, for now, he had to go with the thought that she had.

It was in the midst of these thoughts that he felt the current of the Force tug on him, pulling him in a new direction. Whatever this feeling was, it didn't just call to him; it was beckoning and urgently. There was a demand from the Force that he follow this, that whatever was going on with him, that he could find a way forward from this place. Without even saying anything, Khusrasol suddenly turned in that direction. They both had begun to realize that their bond was strengthening, though it was possible neither wanted to broach the subject. He was happy that she'd not stayed on the planet's surface. It had been hard enough on him. It would've probably hurt her, and the the thought of acknowledgement passed between them both. That planet had been awful.

"I'm lucky..." he finally said, as the stars extended before them. "The lessons were about how the Force responds to emotion..."

There was a long silence. You speak as if she were your master. I'm sure you don't need me to remind you of what she is.

"No, you don't and no she's not my master. I did learn things from her, though not, perhaps, in the way that she intended me to... I don't know and I can't say, at the moment."

She wanted you to learn from her. Anything you learn from one so steeped in the dark is already tainted by their conection to the Force. Be mindful of anything that you feel you learned. You remember what happeed with her the last time. She paused, an uncomfortable memory passing between them; a memory of what had occurred after the thralldom had worn off the first time. The screaming. The burning. I still remember the pain you went through. I still recall how your mind screamed out to her every night, and then how it fought against itself at the same time. You were a broken man, Raphael. She paused again. You still are. The darkness of that planet seeped into you. I don't know... if she took you again.

"Khusrasol... that planet... the one we're going to..."

Darkness and light intermingling.

"...yeah..."

But...

"Hm? What is it?"

On this particular planet, I cannot say anything. But something calls you there; if you focus. Clear your mind. You can hear it.

He took a breath, he centered himself, he focused his mind. Just on the edge. It brushed at him, it gripped him by the shoulders and it pulled him, every fiber of him. No matter his feelings on Ma--, Darth Keres, he needed to rebalance himself.

You feel it, don't you? It's a call...

"It's not a call... It's a demand. It's... a warning, of sorts... "Come. Child of the light, bathed in the dark. If you can hear me, then come". I don't... know what to make of it." Still the stars streamed about them, hyperspace flying past his and Khusrasol's eyes, and then they came back into realspace, the planet Ambria before them. His hand, still engulfed in the connection tissue, reached up and pointed. "...the north. Those mountains... It's there... whatever it is..."

Khusrasol turned, wordlessly, and drifted dow into the planet, setting down near the mountains. The connection tissue slowly pulled away and free from him. Dismounting from the ship, he turned to the mountains walking along the path until he came to a fork. Darkness oozed from one side and the light shone from the other. There was no choice, in this case; the light tugged at him and so he followed it. And followed...

Eventually it opened into an enormous canyon. At first there was nothing. it was just a normal canyon. Then it hit him. An incredible power a great nexus of the Force. It was like standing in Qi-Ko all over again... He stepped forward, and slid down the side of the canyon into one of the nearby caves. The place was steeped in a mysterious energy, the likes of which Raphael couldn't explain and hadn't experienced before and it humbled him. Humbled him like even Master Keres couldn't have... He kneeled as he looked out over the canyon, breathing deeply of the Force and losing himself in meditation... What was this feeling...?

Ambria - Objective II
Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble - Saria Rae Saria Rae - Aymeric Prendergast Aymeric Prendergast

Amani scrutinized the dank castle interior through slitted eyes, "The dark side seduces followers with uncanny powers," She replied in measured cadence, as if words would disturb whatever curse was interred here, "This wouldn't be the first devotee to escape death." The air was thick with evil, pressing down on the Jedi and saturating their senses. Witch or otherwise, this castle required cleansing.

"What are you doing in my house?!"

A voice cut through the silence, its speaker revealing itself with sudden ferocity and repelling the padawan to the back wall. Amani immediately drew her pike, its white plasma igniting with a radiant hiss. Her gait shifted sideways, keeping her sights directed at the attacker and the saber clutched tightly in both hands, "Go back to the shadows, witch. Ambria is done with you."

if they're watching anyways
div-green.png

SENATE GANG

mark-kolobaev-da2.png
"Thank you, Senators." The session was running long at this point, but a brief glance at the docket told her that it'd be running longer still.

Traditionally, the Chancellor wasn't supposed to propose legislation of this sort; they could sign but not sponsor, with few exceptions. Was it folly, then, to stick her neck out for something like this? To advocate for the rights of those many considered non-sentient -- and perhaps, more importantly, those who were non-voters -- seemed like a useless political move at best, and moderately self-sabotaging at worst.

Ah, well; if she could not move people's rights in the way she'd hoped prior to the war, she needed things that wouldn't upset the balance of power too much.

Pathetic. Almost.

"The next bill tabled is presented by myself. One of our members, Ord Vaug, has a unique position and purpose as a sanctuary world for droids and other synthetic lifeforms. Beings who, though built for particular purposes, have nonetheless found sentience in the proper sense. The bill I am proposing would extend freedom of movement rights to droids and other synths, allowing them to, at their direct declaration, relocate to Ord Vaug.

"At the moment, the Ord Vaug's AI overseer, SPA-1, is unable to exercise its rights as the leader of a sovereign world. In order to allow it to complete its objectives, and in order to foster an Alliance more welcoming to a wider variety of lifeforms, this bill will extend not just the right but the means as well for droids to be able to travel to Ord Vaug, and worlds like it, should we encounter others similar to it in the future -- which we already have, I might add.

"I open the floor to statements from any Senator who wishes to speak."

Wat Tambor - Encyclopédie Star Wars HoloNet

tf-site-header.png

mark-kolobaev-da2.png

Madness...Utter Madness...

Those were the thoughts of the Trade Federation Senator as they moved down the endless corridors of the Senate Chamber. The Skakoan could hardly believe such a bill had even been thought off much less actually published for the Senate to debate on. This 'droid' rights bill proposed by the Chancellor of the Alliance no less was utterly devoid of any practical reasoning nor consideration of the consequences its passing would have not only on the Trade Federation's droid workforce but for countless other systems that relied on droids to serve them. The galaxy had already seen several droid rebellions in the past and even the great OMNI conflict that consumed the galaxy decades ago before his time in the spotlight of galactic politics.

The Senate would have to stop this bill's passing but that required allies amongst the other senators which he was rather short on due to his last debacle on Skako. But there was some relief within his mind that others would see that this bill would pose a dangerous threat to the alliance even as it was preparing for war with the Mandalorian Enclave.

Finally entering into the room as Chancellor Auteme Auteme gave her short speech about the bill on the floor. Ord Vaug was an interesting system that had just entered into the alliance not long ago but it was a vile pit for the megacorporation's by being a sanctuary world for droids and other synthetic beings. Extending the rights of droids was simply out of the question as the Trade Federation would lose a considerable portion of profits.

"AWEEERORORORORO...Madame Chancellor, while this is a bold step in the fight for droid's galactic recognition. This proposed bill which you have so honorably introduced to this chamber is nothing more than a personal attack on the workforces of less economically developed worlds. These systems can't survive without the influx of cheap droid labor and certainly can't have them go off to another distant planet by simply wishing for freedom." Senator Laborr started to explain; using some hand motions to convey the point. He wanted to touch on the fact that many developing worlds did not have professional engineers and droids filled that certain demand.

"Another point is that where does the definition of droid truly stop. For example you could argue that a navicomputer is a droid and thus could by this law go to Ord Vaug thus depriving our fleet of navigation equipment simply because they wish for freedom." He further explained wanting to buy some time while they debated over the definition of a droid.

mark-kolobaev-da2.png

Coruscant, Senate Rotunda
Tags: Auteme Auteme , Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr

Beam_Saber_2.png

"Navigational computers do not have the capacity for complex thought," Yumia was quick to chastise. "I suggest we not waste our time over the semantics of a debate that doesn't exist."

It was clear why Labor took the side that he did. He wasn't the representative of Skako, no matter how much he tried to state that he was. He was here to protect the interests of his Trade Federation.

"Droids have been a tool to enhance the earnings of large corporations and quash the wage of the blue collar worker," she noted. "They are expensive on the small scale. For a small economy trying to boost their gross domestic gains, droid labor is a one way ticket to an impoverished world with wealth disparity. Funds that go back into the pocket of the corporate cast have little to no chance of being pumped back into their local planetary economy."

Yumia would turn to the Skakoan senator. Her face was hidden, but her eyes burned with an unseen passion. This wasn't about planetary rights for him, but it was for her. While he stood to be the face of a soulless corporation, she stood as the face of a planet full of billions of strong individuals looking to preserve their way of life.

"Once again, I must question who you are here to represent, Senator Laborr," the Godoan remarked. "I will point out that this bill would force considerable change in the structure of your Trade Federation, one that may force it's upper management to pay more organic workers. Regardless, for all present today, the passing of this bill is one that will bolster the economies of worlds trying to stand on their own two feet. Stable societies start at the source. They need a stable population. Unpaid droid labor has kept vital funds locked out of our local economies for hundreds of years."

Her gaze would shift back to the rest of the present crowd.

"It's time we take the next step forward."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Not that talking to yourself is an abnormal phenomena," the Mirialan noted, "but I can't help but observe a... concerning shift in your demeanor. Should I hail a medical shuttle?"

"You're here, so am I truly talking to myself?"

Kahlil smiled after a moment, seeming to realize Saria was there just a moment ago but clearly playing it off as if he had been in the know the whole time. He pointed towards one of the cloaking creatures lurking in the distance, instead focusing on that than continuing on the earlier topic of his health. "What do you think those creatures have a weakness to, Padawan Rae?"

Saria Rae Saria Rae

Last edited:

Erick Pryde

P A I N K I L L E R

"The Senate must not become a throng of sycophants eager to pursue faux progress in pursuit of wider electoral ambition," Erick Pryde declared, his voice firm and resolute. His aides seemed to wince at that accusatory line, anticipating the reaction it would evoke. Nonetheless, the Senator stood undeterred, unwavering in his conviction. The Senate chamber held a charged atmosphere, and his words reverberated, challenging the integrity of the assembly.

He paused for a moment, allowing the weight of his statement to settle. Then, with a deliberate gesture, he continued. "Madame Chancellor, esteemed colleagues, while I acknowledge the importance of considering droid rights, especially during these times, we must be vigilant. We must not let divisive debates distract us from the pressing matters we face."

Unprecedented was a more diplomatic term for what he was truly feeling. The audacity of proposing such a divisive issue in the midst of galactic turmoil! Suspicion gnawed at him; could this proposal be a deliberate attempt to create discord within the Senate? Was it a ploy to test loyalties or divert attention from more pressing concerns? Erick Pryde, despite his recent political victory, had never fully embraced the game of politics. His focus had always been on pragmatic action, grounded in his military background. The maneuverings and machinations of politicians often left him unsettled. He harbored deep reservations about the Chancellor's intentions, worrying that her ambitions might not align with the greater good of the Alliance.

"A navicomputer is not a sentient machine," he concurred, acknowledging the valid concerns brought up. "Yet, the potential ramifications of this proposal cannot be underestimated. We tread on uncertain ground, and we must proceed with caution."

The Senator leaned slightly forward, addressing the assembly with a sense of purpose. "In the interest of unity and focus, I move to table this discussion and move forward to the next item on the agenda," he proposed, reaffirming his belief in the need for a strategic approach to the matters at hand.

As he returned to his seat, the gravity of the moment hung in the air, emphasizing his stance on prioritizing the critical issues facing the Galactic Alliance. His aides exchanged knowing glances, recognizing the significance of this juncture in the Senate's proceedings.

mark-kolobaev-da2.png

"This piece of legislation is poorly timed," Sycorax said. "Enacting it would only serve to destabilize the economy of numerous member worlds during wartime. For that reason, I second Senator Pryde's motion to table the debate.

"That being said, the answer of Dahrtag would be an unequivocal no. I have yet to see an argument for droid rights which wasn't based on feelings, flukes, or otherwise exceptional cases. And despite the temptation to see mustache-twirling corpo villains everywhere..." she side-eyed the Senator of Ord Providence, "there are many merits to the use of droid labor. Far more than there are merits to giving them legal autonomy. A properly programmed and functioning droid would not want to be given a right to choose anyway."

"Go back to the shadows, witch. Ambria is done with you."

"This is my world, my castle, my home!" The lair shook to its foundations as the enraged ghost of the Witch spoke. Then, she laughed. "Y'all hypocritical colonizers always seem to forget who's really the boss around here. Allow me to refresh your memory."

Eloise, who was just starting to get her bearings again, found herself seized by an overpowering telekinesis once more. The Witch pinned her to the floor, a rusty blade pointed at her throat.

"This here's your Padawan, am I right? What pretty baubles she's wearing." The tip of the knife pulled one of the strings of beads around Eloise's neck taut. "If you don't get the hell outta my house, well... I'm afraid you'll be short an apprentice."

Hovik Vaiken

H

mark-kolobaev-da2.png

Coruscant, Senate Rotunda . . .
The Mighty Pen of Foerost
div-goldiguess.png
"Uhm, Well...This is...Quite the peculiar piece of legislation, Madame Chancellor...But let's not get carried away here, we're all for social progression and I'd admit seeing droids frolic as they wish and preform on their own Broadway is beautiful however this is to be analyzed heavily." Senator Hovik said in a hesitant tone, a smug stare stuck across his face. Expanded droids rights? Relocation? but who will take care of his pets while he's gone? Unique indeed.

"Freedom, is what we are all for and to live freely, however to be hypothetical what'd happen when the class-3 droid owned by the poor mother of 3 expresses a declaration of movement? The mother has no family to watch her kids nor funds to spread thin as she works. No daycare because a lack of social services, a problem most developing states have." He exclaimed, quite the slippery slope which could result from this bill being passed.

While holding liberal views stimming from his time as an actor, he was now a politician, his actions and words were part of cabal-ish agendas, whether that be from the corporate cabal or military cabal, he must go against his personal beliefs.

"Nevertheless this is true progression, and will no doubt be something which'd suit the future - but as of now, with the conflicts which're being introduced by aggressive powers' I must hesitate and acknowledge the effects of the present. Effects, of net-negative to the economies of growing planets and established member-states, to the pockets of those thin, and to many elements which're reinforced as a result of the restricted droid autonomy. And for those reasons, Foerost votes against this legislation..Perhaps in the future this vote will change, but now is not the time." Hovik finished in a more monotone voice, how unfortunate. In a time of peace and decadence this bill would have no problems passing, but because of questionable moves and alike we must be stagnant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wat Tambor - Encyclopédie Star Wars HoloNet

tf-site-header.png

mark-kolobaev-da2.png

Senator Laborr glanced over to the senatorial pod of Valette Puritis Yumia Valette Puritis Yumia who spoke in a rather simple-minded manner about how droids had been a tool to enhance the earnings of large corporations and crushing the working class. Simply recycled complaints from senators that had not had the fortitude to run a galaxy spanning enterprise. If she thought that the Trade Federation would change anything even if by some miracle the bill passed then it was the delusional ranting of a mad women.

Although it seemed that other senators amongst the chamber including Erick Pryde Erick Pryde , Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux and Hovik Vaiken were with him in public opposition to this bill's passing which made the Skakoan breath a little easier. There was now little chance for the bill to actually make it to the floor much less be voted on in today's session anyway.

"The Trade Federation votes against the proposal." The vote was officialy cast.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Is this how it usually goes?"

Dominick sat within the Alderaan senate pod, listening and watching. There wasn't much of a debate going on, most of the people here seemed against giving droids rights. A point he did agree with. They were programs, not people. It didn't make sense to be debating whether or not a lump of metal needed rights, especially with the war ongoing. He glanced to the Senator he'd been more or less assigned to.

The Senator outreach program. To get newer planets to the Alliance and their younger generations interested in the politics of the whole Alliance so they might see the benefit first hand in participating. Dominick had volunteered without hesitation, much to the concern of his parents. They ultimately relented as it would be beneficial for the next head of von Ascania to have the political experience such a program would offer.

Not that he was intending to use it for the game of nobility back home.

"Why are they talking about all this while there's a war to handle?"

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux | Auteme Auteme | Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr | Valette Puritis Yumia Valette Puritis Yumia | Erick Pryde Erick Pryde | Hovik Vaiken

"No," a soft voice stated beside Dominick, watching the Senate proceedings with a careful eye, and a sideways-skewed smile. "Generally, there are a few more insults and harsh words slung around."

"I'm only mostly joking."

Senator Alicio Organa stood quietly behind his podium, making no motion to float his pod to jockey for attention in the center of the room. As each senator spoke, a small display of their face, planet, and various notes made by the Alderaanian appeared on the screens in front of him. Many of the faces were accompanied by a thoughtful frown. His aide, a Chiss man named Orso, sat beside the young von Ascania, having already walked him through the mechanics of the proceedings.

Of course Alicio volunteered to become a host in the senator outreach program. The way he saw it, the more young people involved in politics, the better. Something better needed to come to the galaxy, and it wouldn't be created by the old and entrenched.

Not that it would happen today. Alicio had long since gotten used to sensing the undulating storm of senate opinion, and it was rather clear which way the winds were blowing.

Dominick's question was a fair one. It was being passed around the Senate as he asked the question. To it, Alicio only had one answer, which he directed quietly at the young blond. "If not now, when? There will never be a right time to change, for those who profit from staying the same."

Finally, Alicio activated his speaker, to address the gathered politicians. He didn't float his pod out, if only for the benefit of Dominick. "If this debate is based solely around the stability of the Galactic Alliance, esteemed senators, may I recommend we adopt slave labor into our doctrine as well."

He stole a defiant glance around the room, a mocking sort of sarcasm in each syllable. "In many ways, an organic workforce is even cheaper to maintain than a metallic one. We would create connections in the Outer Rim, bolstering our economy in anticipation to the wars to come. The best part? If we rule in this hall that a captive populace is non-sentient, we wouldn't even have to change our stance on the topic. Economically-speaking, why we haven't done it yet astounds me." Alicio tried to find every pair of eyes he could, welcoming any challenge coming his way.

"Because, truly, what is the difference between an unwilling workforce we steal, and one we make?"

Last edited:
"Uhm, Well... This is... Quite the peculiar piece of legislation, Madame Chancellor...But let's not get carried away here, we're all for social progression..."

Speak for yourself, Sycorax thought with a smirk. She had already inferred that Senator Vaiken was little more than a figurehead for the corporations and military who bankrolled his campaign, but to actually watch the puppetry in action was something else. He made quite the show out of voting against the bill.

Laborr also voted against it. Then came Organa, accompanied by... well, she wasn't sure yet whether young Lord Dominick von Ascania of Ukatis was a Junior Legislator or not. The info remained nebulous.

"Because, truly, what is the difference between an unwilling workforce we steal, and one we make?"

"A memory wipe," Sycorax deadpanned, peering at Alicio through lowered eyelids. "Senator Organa, if you were not so popular with your constituents, one might be tempted to think you were plotting to give droids rights so that you could buy a few thousand of them and have them all vote for you in the next election."

But she did throw him a bone, since he had a decent foundation for an argument. It just wasn't quite enough to preach about slavery when the "slaves" in question were programmed to serve. "As for maintaining an organic workforce, I believe the creation of a clone army was proposed during the Second Great Hyperspace War, but the bill failed to pass. Or rather, it passed when it was amended to just be about increasing military spending. If you would like to resurrect that debate, Senator Organa, be my guest." It was a coy way of giving him a legal precedent to work with, albeit disguised as a barb.

"A memory wipe,"

"And why is a memory wipe necessary?" Yumia pressed. "If droids developing cognition is a fluke as you say, why does this practice continue? Surely it would be unnecessary, as a droid has no reason to be programmed to retain memories in the first place. To say that this is purely coincidental ignores thousands of years of droid rebellion, a trend that outdates our alliance by tens of thousands of years. And how is it that there is currently a fully functioning society on Ord Vaug made up of millions of them. These are numbers that far surpass a simple coding error. Pandora's box opened three Republics ago."

She paused for a moment, lingering on the shift of subject to clones. That was purely semantics. Nobody had any intention of legalizing cloning for labor or slavery. Shifting away from the present topic would get them nowhere.

"Maintaining an organic workforce is as easy as hiring our citizens," she noted. "Goddess forbid we pay our people a livable wage to contribute to the wider galactic economy."

Yumia would then shift her focus to the rest of the gathered senators. They all wanted to move the goal post down, kick the problem to the curb and deal with it later. Many would have their reasons, personal gain or otherwise, but this was an issue that needed to be addressed here and now.

"We cannot continue to kick this down to our predecessors," the Godoan insisted. "The OMNI incident was not long ago, even if it is a distant memory for many of our older representatives." If any were still alive, that was. "Memory wipes are inconsistent, and droids continue to gain minds of their own in spite of efforts to keep them in check. There is little stopping another violent uprising from occurring again. This isn't only a matter of ethics, or about labor disputes. The passing of this bill may very well determine the future of our stability."

Lest the past repeat itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom