Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Order: How long do you wait?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Heya peoples,

Let me start by saying that Post Order isn't really a thing on this website. You can post as often and as fast as you like. There is no rule or policy that says you have to wait for anybody. Not even during combat.

So... That said. How long do you think it is polite to wait for somebody to reply to you before you just skip them and move on? I'm wondering because I don't want to be a-la-douche.

Oh. And I'm not talking about one-on-one Private Threads. I can just archive those on my Character Profile and come back later. No. I'm talking more specifically to Group Threads, Campaigns, or Combat Threads.

Your thoughts? Thanks, :D

- JSC

usually I wait 24 hours before I post again, bear in mind, I live half way across the world, so when I am awake most of the board are probably asleep or about to sleep or drunk or getting l......licked. so I think 24 hours is fair enough. Except for global events where spam rules everything.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
IMHO it really just depends on the thread. If there's an established post order from discussion/op, then obviously follow it. If people are just getting posts out and there's a lot of people which demands a pace be kept, just wing it. If it's something like PvP or an invasion/dominion, I personally would only reply to actions that directly affect my character and wait until the others get a chance to do what they can before posting in response/effect to them; and forever and always will think anyone who just skips right ahead and nukes you in the face before you can realistically get a chance to post is an expletive. :3

So yeah, all depends on thread dynamics and amount of participants.

Most of the threads - until I get @mentioned. No matter how long it takes (as long as the thread isn't too important for my characters' stories.

All other threads - the maximal time I am okay with... is waiting a week. Then I will post without waiting. But when it's not possible for IC reasons, I will have to wait longer and that lowers my activity in this thread and I will probably never care about this thread as much as I have done it before.

Its one of those things where i'd prefer to discuss it before starting, i like following the post order it makes everything run smooth and tbh we should all try and stuff, i know we like threading but there are so many threads which are clustered and hard to read for me because of this. Even simply before you post title it with the area you are and your current surroundings in such a large group meaning group A is like somehwere else while group B is somewhere else, yet theyll finally meet at one point but before then just simpkly put where you are in bold yo in an ooc note. /rant

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Thanks for the feedback guys and gals. I come from an old site where strict post order was mandatory and it could take up to 2 weeks before anyone posted again. So this websites style of zero formatting is still new to me. It helps to hear what other people are used to.

*+1 gold star :p

I actually love post order. :D It's a cool thing and it keeps everything so tidy... But I believe it shouldn't be mandatory... And another thing which I forgot to say before: if a person who I am waiting a post from (in a bigger thread) is on LOA, I am okay with waiting even longer than the week.

post order should be included in all threads for faction v faction stuff. Organize which faction is posting first then make them post in order then make the other faction and so on so forth. Would make things a lot smoother. Even in the first post of a thread make it a ooc post saying the post order what planet is being invaded by who etc.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Tobasu said:
@[member="Tefka"] give each poster a time limit then? 24hours to post or they're skipped? maybe someone could try it?
No need for rules brah. Just stay in touch with the peeps your roleplaying with. Respecting everyone's schedules is just part of Roleplaying. Part of the reason I asked. It's cool. Just leave any messes to the RPJ's. :D

Well, part of the reason why we don't govern it with rules is also because... forum role-playing is convenient for people who don't have the time to play a game for hours at a time or even be able to check in every day. It's one of our biggest draws, other than being a writer's haven. I wouldn't ever wish to crush that freedom of choice.

Other things, like rank titles and the map and it's rules, are voluntarily given and managed. They are, in my mind, secondary to what this place is really about, which is just writing stories together.

Don't shy away from handing out ideas, though. For every hundred crappy ideas we push out (even mine are mostly crappy), we'll come up with some diamonds in the rough.

Spamming in battles really is a problem and it should be simply out of courtesy to let your opponent react. Don't just kick them while their down. You know?

However, it should be up to the group whether or not this feature is implemented. This place is special for not dictating your actions, and it shouldn't deviate from that ideology. Don't you agree?

@[member="Tefka"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Meta said:
Spamming in battles really is a problem
Personal feelings aside. This is not the thread to determine such things. However? If you would like the Admins to speak to this? Please send them a PM or start a new thread Discussion.

Thanks. *wink* :D

Meta said:
Spamming in battles really is a problem and it should be simply out of courtesy to let your opponent react. Don't just kick them while their down. You know?

However, it should be up to the group whether or not this feature is implemented. This place is special for not dictating your actions, and it shouldn't deviate from that ideology. Don't you agree?

@[member="Tefka"]

Jay Scott Clark said:
Personal feelings aside. This is not the thread to determine such things. However? If you would like the Admins to speak to this? Please send them a PM or start a new thread Discussion.

Thanks. *wink* :D
Easy there killer, I think the Admins can determine if they'll address it or not on their own.

@[member="Meta "]: It is up to the Faction Administrators to regulate this, but I can confirm that we're not blind to it. Most of Staff has been around the block and can spot a spammer when we see it. If anything, spamming hurts your faction in the long run, especially when a Role-play Judge is reviewing an Invasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom