Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pilgrimage to the Beginning

kBWqu62.jpg
Wearing: Jedi Robes
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tag: Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

The ship descended through the thick cloud cover blanketing the skies over the planet. Once the Pride broke through the billowing overcast, Taam looked out over the tumultuous sea below. His amber gaze lifted to see an equally rugged Island ahead, jutting out of the roiling waves like a broken, mossy stone. It was the legendary speck of land that came to be called Temple Island. Soon, other small rocky island appeared beyond.

The small freighter lighted upon one of the few landing pads. He had traveled far to make this pilgrimage, and ensured a missive had been sent to the Grandmaster to inform her of his pending arrival. He had donned his traditional Jedi Robes, and carried only his lightsaber, out of respect for the Grandmaster and the Jadeites who worked to restore this sacred place.

As he made his way across the windswept landscape, Taam could sense the significance of the place, the Force, and the history that reached back into the most ancient of times, when the first Jedi emerged. He had been wandering for several years, and while was still of the Order, and frequented many enclaves, Taam was feeling as if he was beginning to drift, to loose the anchor of the Order that kept them all grounded. He did not desire to go back to Coruscant, and while welcome many places where Jedi dwelt, he felt he needed a deeper root. There were none as deep as the place where it all began. So he made the long journey into the Uknown Reaches, after much study, to find Ahch-To.

Unfamiliar with the place, he made for the First Temple, and entered. He looked for assitance in finding his way, and announcing his arrival to Master Ike.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
The Arisen were the first beings most saw when they came ot the temple. The tall jedi creations were blonde and striking. Identical in every way from the pale skin to the eyes that in the light could glow blue white like fire from the force and their connection. The Lanai were caretakers of the island.. they were caretakers of the temple itself. The next would likely be the Fairalee as they could go from the temple outcroppings of rocks to the ground or higher peaks of the mountains. It was always a beautiful sight to see them as their wings could come in colors from around the galaxy. Matsu preferred them here as well.. they were good at scouting and knew many places across the planet.

The Jadeites leader was in the inner chambers as she stood between four Dragons of Ahch-To the tall beings were massive in size and they were fighters. Good for sparring or for protecting the temple when one didn't allow the temple to defend itself. The Choushin Uneti pulsing through the solarite stone and everything like a lifeblood of the temple. THe jedi master moved as the dragons came forward and around. Her focus in the force and the area around herself.. she doded a sweep of a large arm and a leg that came under her. SHe moved with a twist as one fo the Arisen in the room alerted her to a visitor. THe dragons stayed where they were and bowed standing tall as the doors opened.

She looked at many of the jedi who were around the temple. The silver stones gleaming from care and the blue veins of force energy pulsing within them. SHe went to the entryway as a large cathar was being shown around and bowed looking up at him. She looked up at most being on the smaller side of a jedi master but she made up for it generally with presence... plus her hair was massive... With small kyber bells that rung lightly as she stepped and small beads of kyber crystal. Her hair smooth and looking well oiled with scents of different flowers. She stood there in the center and over the emblem of the prime jedi that they were restoring colors and polish to.

mznL065.jpg

The prolific hum of the Force could be felt as he entered the ancient shrine. His eyes fell to the mosaic of the Prime Jedi on the floor. It emphasized the unique nature of the place. A craftsman knelt over a section of the mosaic, carefully working on the restoration. Taam could see the fruit of his work in a visible border between bright and glossy colors of the restored tiles, and the older, darker ones yet to be treated.

Only a few moments passed before the visitor was greeted. A beautiful woman with flaxen hair approached him, her eyes a mysterious bright blue. This was surely one of the Arisen. She welcomed Taam while a second was dispatched to announce the visitor. The Arisen offered an introduction to the First Temple, explaining the work that had been done since Master Ike and others began to restore and explore the ancient world. With examples like the mosaic before them, this place was once again becoming a home for the Jedi.

Soon, the Grandmaster herself arrived. She was small and petite, but her presence as she entered the room gave all a sense of something greater than what the eye beheld. She was quite lovely as well, and Taam knew she had to be older than she appeared.

The Jedi Wanderer returned the Master's bow deeply before speaking. "Master Ike, thank you for welcoming me, and greeting me in person. I have waited a long to make this visit." Taam confessed.

Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

She bowed her head nad extended an arm to welcome him in. THe central area giving way to rooms and chambers. Stairs going up and down into the island but windows with balconies looking out on other parts of it. For meditation where she could check on it. Looking olut at the temple as levels went down the mountainside. THe curve going into the rocks. "Ahch-To is a place every jedi should come to at least once.. sometimes twice. We have learned a lot more and uncovered other parts of the temple as well as additional temples out in the ocean... and some other mysteries." She said it and the flying woman moved from the branch of a tree towards her while she held a hand out and the creature brought over a branch. Thick and straight withh scrapped off areas that formed grooves in the handle. "Hmm wonderful." She held it like one would a saber hilt and debated it. Then gave it to one of the arisen who was taking it away. She turned to look back. "Branches from a uneti tree for a saber hilt. The artisans will polish it, hollow it out and afix the needed parts." She said it while walking on the balcony as it wrapped around and down. "I hope it is everything that you believed it woudl be."

Tigris accompanied Master Ike as she guided him further into the tempe, the Arisen following. It was indeed a marvelous place. They paused on one of the many balconies, the Cathar studying how the temple was built into the rocks, winding through the mountain. He saw the curious winged creature as it lifted from a close tree and lighted on the balcony, handing the Grandmaster a piece of wood.

It was of high quality. Being a wood carver himself, trained by Wookie craftsman, Tigris could see the value of the wood. He was even more inpressed when Master Ike suggested it would be a saber hilt. It It was another trait of the Wookiees he grew up near. They could take simple material like wood and combine it with technology in wonderful ways.

"The concept of a wooden-hilted saber is very interesting, I should like to hear how that one turns out." He commented as the master handed the wood to Arisen, who carried it away. " He looked from the departing Arisen back to Master Ike. "The temple certainly doesn't disappoint. I can feel how the Force penetrates these walls." He added, his amber gaze looking around him. "And to think there is more yet to discover?"

Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

She gave a nod of her head while walking. "There is always more to discover Jedi Taam. KNowledge is like a sapling with more growth always no matter how much you think you know. That is what the choushin uneti represents at the heart of the jedi temples. We grow them and cultivate them and as out knowledge expands so to does the network of it across the galaxy. Each choushin able to communicate with each other, its own hive mind.. and from that the Arisen can communicate the condition of the temples which are connected with the force and rock." She said it and moved showing the foundation and how it responded to the presence to the lightside of the force.

"And so we are seeking to build up and improve better foundations. Through rock and metal and time." She said it while walking and there was always plenty to learn even for her.. she preferred it that way... there was always likely to be someone stronger or faster... with more wisdom or experience. So there was always more room to grow and change.. to make yourself improved. She was moving as the temple came around the the burnt tree at the core of the island was still there... gnarled and blackened but they had preserved it with an environmental shield to make sure it would be preserved. A new uneti grove cropping up around it. The force sensitive trees shimmering with the small tendrils that glowed with the force.

SHe kept going though and there were other sections of the temple. The village on the island for the lanai was there and they were moving around in it. Wheel barrels of fish and other containers they were bringing around. The different workers were tending to smaller gardens that functioned for them as well as sections leading to different parts at the shore. Docks for boats as well as secured areas. "Down there we have an area they breed and contain Ashla Root. It is an algae that bonds with a force user and is able to create wonders with enough focus from a force users and further if you look close enough at the trees." She said it and stood there tracing with a finge as Momokyun turned to look slowly with Fuegomiri crawling.

"SOme of the other wonders we have discovered. The lizards are some sort of offshoot of the force negating ones on myrkr but they seem to do the opposite. We found some notes about them as older jedi experimented and created them. The trees have a species that are like observers. Their sap we have learned is strong against sith poisons and darkside corruption.... and beyond that." She was pointing out into the waters and some of the smaller islands as she motioned for him. "Squint for a moment but blink and you will miss it." She said it and a rare sight as one of the islands itself partially moved. A Guardians of Omean shifting as it opened its arms and yawned before enclosing and going back to sleep.

The grand tour continued, as Master Ike offered explanations along the way. They pass by the ancient tree in which the first Jedi texts were once kept. Though charred, it remained intact and protected for centuries. Everywhere they went, it seemed the rock pulsed with the Force, and Taam could feel the connections running through the stone and the trees.

They moved outward, to an adjacent village where the curious caretakers lived. Along the way, things he had only heard of appeared. the curious tree-people and the small Force lizards that scurried around them. And out in the ocean, among the small islands, one which suddenly moved, a gigantic creature stretching before settling to rest again.

"This place is truly fascinating. Is it any wonder why the Jedi have their origins in a place like this." Taam finally responded after all he had seen. The Cathar's amber gaze turned to the petite Agtrisian master. "What is your biggest challenge you face here?" He asked, knowing how this place was still revealing its secrets, as well as other places on the island, such as the Prime Conclave.

Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

A challenge here... hmmm she debated it while walking and tapped her chin. There were some but also not ones that might be thought of. The Jadeite worked to handle problems and a dozen other potential problems that might come up. "So far our biggest problems have been retention. Many jedi of this age seem to enjoy moving from order to order. ONly going where they get the most personal gain rather then ideals." She said it and well it was more and more common now when there were different orders. MOst went from one to the other on a whim despite usually the differences that divided the orders to begin with. She looked at the jedi and had a grin on her face though. "And the repository... the Lanai have had it here for thousands of years and all that time.. they take what is left by the jedi or visitors and store it. Returning the temple to a state of empty and ancient looking. We have found as many artifacts and things down there as there have been generations of jedi."

As the walked casually along, Taam was grateful to have the master's time. He listened to her woe, a matter that seemed to define the new world after the war ended. He might be considered part of that problem. He took leave of the NJO when Kalisha was killed, six years ago. While he technically would answer to the NJO council if asked, Taam had taken to frequent many of the enclaves and Orders, but adhered to none.

But before coming to Ahch-To, Taam had visited the semi-secret NJO enclave on New Cov, where a very persuasive Jonyna Si had left him considering returning. Taam cleared his throat. "I see it everywhere, that transient tendency in Jedi, especially the younger ones." Taam offered. "I confess I too have wandered, not necessarily jumping from one to another, but distancing myself from the temple on Coruscant, where I was trained and served." Taam knew Matsu Ike was tied to the Silvers, if anything, He hoped his revelation didn't impact his welcome. "But I am considering returning to my commitment."

His grin returned. "But your second challenge is much more exciting." Taam added at the mention of the treasures the Lanai had kept over the centuries.

Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

"It does seem to be more for the youthful.. the older jedi just retire which is also strange. I don't remember the jedi texts talking about retirement plans. Most served until they passed onto the force so it is a sign of the new times more then anything... as it the marked increase of force users across the galaxy itself." She shrugged though and the Repository was a place to look as it was connected to and both under the island and off of it in some places. The cave leading to it having two Yaaxil on the rocks while the metal doors inside were closed but harder to see. The thala-sirens there with them as they sat in the waters.

"It has bee, between it and Columbarium on Takodana we have learned a lot more about the ancient jedi. We even found coordinates for where Starlight beacon was crashed which added to some of our knowledge about the creatures used against them and the Drengir." She said it while she was walking and stopped at one of the rocky outcroppings so she could stand there for a moment... allowing the force to swirl and settle with the mist from the surf. "But you didn't come here for me to just wax on and on about what we have been doing. You came here because of a purpose. To visit and to learn possibly it sounds if you hold the same convictions you did so you could return."

Taam nodded, acknowledging Master Ike's observations about the current nature of the Jedi. The tour continued as they passed the entrance to the Repository, where Taam noted the two creatures seeming on guard by the doors. They were Yaaxil, and the Cathar Jedi wondered how those two rare feline beings came to be at Ahch-To. But he didn't interrupt Matsu as she continued to narrate all that he saw.

The Grandmaster paused, looking out at the rough seas surrounding the island. Taam waited a step behind her. In the long moment of silence between them, he again quieted himself and relished how close the Force felt in that place. Then the woman broke the silence.

"Yes, Master Ike. I have my reasons for coming here, and they are more clear than when I arrived."
He had recently visited the NJO conclave on New Cov. He met Jonyna Si Jonyna Si there. Time spent with his fellow Cathar Jedi left Taam considering returning from his wanderings to the Order. Master Ike's words echoed that sentiment. Now, in such a significant place to the Jedi and the Force, Taam hoped to probe the Force for guidance on his decision.

"Perhaps it is time I honor my commitment to the Order that trained me and return to the fold. That is a decision in which I hope to find guidance."
The leonine Jedi mused as he looked past the woman to the misty waves of the sea.

Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

She gave a nod to that and guidance about returning was something she could give.. she wasn't certain if it would be the best but she offered a smile. "THat I can give, whether it is good is up for debate. The life of a jedi is difficult and some leave and never come back. So seeing one return and bring what they might have learned or experienced is always something exciting to see." She said it while standing there and moved so she was clasping her hands behind her back and hovering a little to listen. The force around forming a bubble to muffle the sounds of the waves and wind. SHe wanted to give her full attention and bowed her head. "So tell me, what guidance you wish for?"

While he had not wished to impose upon Master Ike, her offer for guidance was welcomed. As she turned, intent upon listening, the sounds of the wind and waves faded, and his leonine head turned to look at the Atrisian jedi.

"I had a padawan. During the war, we were on a mission, under my care, she was killed."
It was something he shared with few people, and those only recently. But in the company of the venerated master, in a place so rich with history and the Force, Taam was compelled to reveal his vulnerability.

"I confess I was devastated, could not escape the fact that I was to blame. My guilt compromised my abilities, my reliability to the Order. So I took my leave." The Cathar continued, his voice a deep, low hum. "I have never failed to follow the Jedi Code in my travels and I have never denied the authority of the council on Coruscant. But Master Ike, I struggle to find the faith in myself to live up to the standards set before me."

His powerful hands had formed into frustrated fists, even as the tone of his voice remained controlled. It irked Taam to have to confess such weakness. Weakness was an anathema to a Cathar. But it was his reality, and his greatest desire to overcome the doubt and return to the resolve he once knew as a Jedi Knight.

Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

"The death of a padawan is never easy, worse is likely it being because of something you have done. I don't know if it will mean much. My old master would say that it wasn't your fault. It was your padawans but he was harsh in some things... and skilled in many others. I'll say that your padawan was trained by you and you trusted them enough to bring them there. I do not know many who would see it as you are at fault. More it is your own guilt over it." She said it but held a hand up. "It is not to belittle or cast aside. Mourn them, grieve for them and always ask what you could have done.. was there a lesson you could have taught that would have saved them.. was there something you could have done. Gone left instead of right.. taken a strike instead of blocking it."

She used some examples more then knowing exactly what happened. "As jedi we will live a long time usually. Most of us will be no wiser in fifty years then we were twenty years ago. We will just get older and will have learned. We'll learn from our mistakes but will also have the time to commit many more mistakes." His padawan had become one with the force, something they all returned to and taken their life and experiences with it." She said it though and looked at his fists but relaxed and moved a small hand to his shoulder. "It is painful and you will always miss them but your padawan got what any of us got Jedi Taam... THey got a lifetime. Do you think they would want you to be gone from the order in their memory?""

Taam listened carefully to Master Ike's words. Others had said some of the same things to him. But there, in that place, as he looked intently into the wizened eyes of the Atrisian jedi master, there were some things that penetrated deeper than ever before.

A revelation came in the wake of Matsu's words. Forgiveness. What he required was forgiveness. Not from the Council, not even from his deceased padawan. He needed to forgive himself. Only then would he be able to dispel the guilt that had bound him for the past six years. But it was not as easy as simply saying the words.

The touch of Master Ike's hand on his shoulders was a tangible, warm anchor, and the final words she spoke was the truth that would give him the power of forgiveness. His gaze lowered pensively, his muzzle going slack. He did something he rarely did anymore, because it caused him pain. He thought about Kalisha. She was a good student, if not a bit outspoken. Sometimes he wondered if he was training her, or if she was training him. Reflecting on the nature of his lost padawan, Taam realized something he never had before.

Taam found himself speaking his revelation out loud, in a quiet breath. "Kalisha wouldn't want this. She would insist I forgive myself, even for her own death. I dishonor her with my selfish guilt." Taam lifted his leonine head again to glance out over the rough seas below, at the small dots of islands rising from them. Then his gaze returned to mee the master's dark eyes. "Thank you Master Ike." The Cathar offered with deep sincerity.

Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

She watched him and listened.. he seemed to take it to heart and think about it... seemed to realize something and when he spoke she bowed her head in respect. "Guilt is a powerful lesson... it took me many years to get over my own and even longer to move past some nightmares of what I had seen or done and sometimes I still wake up at night because of it but I moved past the self loathing and shame or it. It is harder then most think not to drown in your own morose." SHe offered a smile though and moving her hand move to levitate beside him so they were shoulder to shoulder. "But you are welcome, it won't be easy, it will be there daily but eventually we all rejoin those who become one with the force. Those who live must act in the place of those who have died." She looked out. "Unless she manifests herself as a force ghost then it gets really weird."

Taam's maned head nodded slightly at the master's words. It was encouraging to know even she had struggled with some regrets herself. Knowing one was not alone was a healing realization. Especially for one who had wandered alone for several years.

He felt Master Ike's hand slip from his shoulder, his head turning to see she had lifted so that she could level her gaze at his on the same level. The wisdom of of her words continued to minister to the errant knight.

Experiencing a sense of deep, pensive peace, Taam watched as the woman's gaze drifted out to the rough seas. The solemnity of the moment was unexpectedly broken by Master Ike's curious comment. It helped bring the two Jedi back to the present.

His own gaze swung out again to the seas. "I supposed that would be wierd." He replied, looking back sidelong at the Atrisian master, his grin widening. The smile bared large fangs. "She would just give me a hard time if she did come back as a Force ghost." He added cheekily. But in his amber eyes was a deep gratitude for Matsu's advice and wisdom.

Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

She nodded to that. "When they have a sense of humor it is worse... nothing stranger then a force ghost manifesting in the shower." She said it as a joke and left it ambiguous if it could have happened before... she didn't deny that if she could she would both offer advice but also find the means to give one or two last jokes as needed... maybe. "The temple here though can bring about a lot and we have a full division dedicated to outfitting the jedi. So feel free to replenish your supplies. We are even working on some of the newer designs for equipment or upgrading them to provide training aids and ships."

Taam laughed lightly at the master's joke. The humor helped to lighten the mood after the seriousness of their conversation. For that too, Taam was grateful.

While he knew that Master Ike was well connected with the latest supplies and development in equipment for the Jedi, he hadn't thought about the fact that such efforts would be undertaken by the Jadeites on Ahch-To. "Thank you Master for your generosity. While I intend my stay to be short, I want to make the most of my time here." Since arriving on the world, his thoughts had often drifted to Jonyna Si Jonyna Si , whom he had met on New Cov. She, and Master Ike, had stirred him to return to his Jedi home.

"I would also love to resupply while I am here, Master Ike. I would welcome any suggestions of useful items." He added, the short, gravelly growl that ended the sentence was the traditional Cathar sign of gratitude.

Last edited:
Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

She tapped her chin at that.. he needed equipment which they worked on in abundance. So a resupply was more then easily done. "Hmm." She said it and motioned with her hand as she touched the ground and walked around the temple. The pathway winding and going into one of the chambers as its walls were lined with robes... dozens of them in different styles and all radiating with the energies of the force. "Hmm for wandering around the galaxy we developed the Robes of the Wayward. A means for even a jedi outside of the temples to have protection. It has built in defensive and force enhanced capabilities to help with resistance and stamina for travel. As well as its own food and water supply. The Survival Kit has emergency shelter and tools if needed as well as reserves of food that could last under the right conditions for years." She moved around the display room, the Arisen and droids bringing things from workshops that were set up. "Hmm and this." She took a small container. "A Force Compass for finding your way."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom