Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

xgzxUsz.png
Undefeated.

Twice now, Gress had been ordered to evacuate. Ordered to abandon his well held defense, in favor of a fighting retreat. Part of him was bitter about it. The GA was the largest military on the face of the galaxy, and yet twice now it was forced to the whim of senators and jedi.

Teta could've held if they had commited the forces to it.

But that was the rub, wasn't it? The GA was spread too thin, attempt to hold every border they had. That had changed now.

The Davronian sat at a Coruscanti bar, waiting for his friend. he'd called up Liram Angellus Liram Angellus to discuss strategy. The GADF needed a new doctrine, and he had enough pull to at least pitch things to high command. But first, he needed a second opinion. A rubber duck to bounce off of.

xgzxUsz.png

Inside her ship's cabinet Minerva sat by her bunk with hands clasped together. She wore only an emerald sleeveless shirt with dark pants and no boots. Staring down at her limbs the warrior could note both the fresh and faded scars spread out all over the arms. Minerva grunted in semi-amusement and wonder.

Since my rite of passage I have fought and shed blood both mine and that of enemies since then. First as a mercenary then a crusader all the way to a soldier.

At the last thought Minerva groaned in bitter frustration and squeezed both hands. Until learning of recent events she had been making preparations to leave the GADF and join the Mandalorian Protectors in defending and rebuilding their shared home. For too long Minerva had wavered between them and the Alliance. The fact she did made her feel ashamed at such indecision. Lifting her head up, Minerva found herself staring at the cabinet mirror.

Her eyes were filled with anguish that threatened to scream out of her. In fact the warrior was biting her lips and kept pressing the teeth as if one of her arms was being burned. After a long minute she drew blood and it dripped down from her chin. Never had Minerva struggled with a decision until this point. A choice must be made.

Finally letting her mouth open she whispered to the reflection.

"My soul is bound to the Way. I only came to the Alliance to fight my people's enemies when the Enclave failed and stayed when they gave into complete bloodlust till their self-made demise. Now Mandalore is freed and strong. I will be welcomed there with open arms. A home and family to not only fight for but also live and die for as well."

Yes she could do that. The Protectors and Alliance had an understanding regarding their common enemy. They would fight beside each other but only when necessary and not as each other's pawn. Yet despite all the reasons she just listed, Minerva felt burdened. Then as if in silent rebuke Minerva's mind imagined the faces of the soldiers she knew both alive and dead stared back at her, expecting an answer. Looking away from the mirror she kept arguing with herself.

"The Talons don't need me anymore. They can continue on without my presence."

Even though she said that Minerva felt no relief. Her heart was pulled and twisted in so many ways. Breathing in and out she wrestled and wrestled with the choice. No one else was here to give advice or persuade her either way. Her late Father wasn't here, nor her vod, her friends nor the soldiers under her command. This will be her choice and hers alone.

Why should I keep fighting and sacrificing for the Aruetii? Why forsake the chance to be with my kin at last after so long?

She glared in accusing manner at herself in the mirror meters away. Her heart that had been racing rapidly began to finally slow as an answer finally came with widened eyes. Narrowing them in a fierce expression she suddenly stood up with hands freed exclaiming.

"Because I'm a Mandalorian!"

She will stay with the Alliance to fight the Dark Empire. People need her. It doesn't matter if they will ever understand her or not, she will fight for them just as much as she fights for her vode's honor. With soul renewed, Minerva Fhirdiad got ready. Minutes later she came out of the cabinet now fully clad in armor and with gear she called on the comms.

"Talons assemble to the hangar. Grab every medical supplies that can be spared and prep the transports, We're going out to the city."

Once acknowledged Minerva sighed, closing her eyes inside the helmet. Quickly she opened them and didn't hesitate any more. The only way was forward.

Last edited:

Braze sat pleasantly, listening to the adults talk about everything. However, the conversation sounded like separation to him, which he found unsettling. He disliked the idea of being pushed out of their homes by selfish individuals who's parents likely had never shown them any love. Why should they be forced to leave their homes and loved ones behind?

The notion of separation and restriction on his freedom troubled him deeply. Freedom meant everything to Braze.

Moving the leaders made sense to him. Moving young-lings and non combatants made sense too. In Lance Board you did not leave your king in check. While the chosen strategic spot for attack may have been close to their capital, it seemed to leave their enemy rather surrounded by the Galactic Alliance's influence. Despite this, he reminded himself that he was part of the Jedi Order, not the government, and that Jedi were neither meant to be warriors nor government officials. They were meant to be peacekeepers, diplomats, and defenders, or so he thought.

Tython held significance to them all. This was a personal attack aimed at demoralizing them and an attempt to undermine their sense of identity and purpose.

Why else?

Tython's location was strategic. It would serve as a key point of entry in to the Galactic Alliance's Territories.

By targeting Tython, the Dark Empire's aim appeared to be an attempt to weaken the New Jedi Order's organizational structure, leadership, and ability to respond to threats. It was certainly looking like it was disrupting Jedi training facilities.

The New Jedi Order stood as a powerful adversary and threatens any and all claims they might have to power and dominance. By Spreading fear and propaganda they could try to make their own danger and threat seem far greater than they were. Fear made the wolf much bigger than he was after all.

Braze glanced from each person as they spoke listening intently as he slunk back in to his seat arms crossed.
He wondered if his voice or thoughts even mattered here in this. Would he be listened to? Or taken seriously? He doubted it greatly.

He knew what he wanted to do however and he knew what the enemy would not be expecting.

Lia should not have felt as she did. Yes! Tython has fallen! Vindication! The other masters had thought her foolish, her visions and obsession with the inevitability of the end of the Jedi Order as they knew it. Vindication came when the news had reached her ears.

And how sick to her stomach it made her feel.

Discussion about the relocation of the Jedi's homebase of operations of course was prudent. Once before Sith had come to Coruscant simply to smite the Jedi from the world and in the wake of the Sith's hunger for vengence and destruction came the terrible price of millions of lives. The Jedi could not be the cause of such a loss of life again. Lia craned her head to hear some of the conversation better and nodded, bobbing her head at appropriate ponts.

"I wonder, have we as the Jedi Order given thought to...Help in defending ourselves as well? If not for the safety of the knowledge we hold then for the younglings and Jedi Initiates?"

dczUVji.png

q2RzujO.png

"Obulette Speaks," Casteban Mecetti announced in his customary fashion.

Those who had observed the Senator in recent months might have noticed a gradual degrading of his health. He seemed to have thinned. To have developed a cough. There were always attendants nearby, ready to help him. Rumors had begun to circulate about his failing health.

But none of that was in evidence today. He looked stronger and healthier than he had in years. His only attendant was a silver protocol droid, programmed to be an administrative assistant.

Standing in his Senatorial pod, he looked out at his fellow Senators and representatives.

"Moving the Capital at this time would be a grave mistake.

It is, to be fair, an understandable impulse. The wolf is at the gates. Moving the capital is a sound strategy. But only if you discount the effect of such policy on sentient beings.

If it becomes known that we have moved the capital, the citizens of this world will assume that we anticipate defeat. They will not see this as a sound policy of governmental continuance. They will see it as a retreat in the face of the enemy.

Such sentiments will extend far beyond the citizens of Coruscant. Everyone who learns that we have relocated will assume that the situation is not merely dire, but desperately so. The populations of dozens of worlds will be thrown into a greater panic than they feel already. The economy of the Galactic Alliance will be thrown into ruin as billions of souls pour through the space-lanes seeking safety.

But those who flee will be all those with the economic capacity to do so. Those who remain will be the impoverished who have no choice.

This will create a double economic impact. The wealthy depart, taking their money with them. Their money, their industry, their positive impulse in the regional economy. And the poor shall fall into deeper poverty, requiring economic subsidy and assistance programs merely to feed themselves.

The only way to prevent such crushing despair and flight- the only way to avoid a deadly blow to our own economy- is to confidently remain here on Coruscant and show a willingness to stand here rather than flee.

What we should consider instead is this:

We should move senior members of the Senate, and senior members of the defense complex, to a handful of mobile command facilities. They would continue to attend the Senate via holo, while the majority of the government remains here and continues to govern from here.

In this way, the citizens of this world and the region can see business continuing here to their benefit. They can see us continuing to serve them, stand with them, unafraid.

Meanwhile, key members of the government will be offsite for the security of governmental continuance.

It is the best of all options, and is the only choice to prevent a crushing panic from snuffing out the remainder of our Alliance before we can even stand up to this enemy."

With that, he sat again, allowing the next person to speak.

Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce
Lodd Grimmin Lodd Grimmin
Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav
@Jace Collis
Spirit of Freedom Spirit of Freedom

xVe7jIA.png

ocqEHzF.png

"Forgive me," Denn spoke up, "I know I am of middling seniority here, and this is a matter for our greatest masters to grapple with. But I wanted to put forth a suggestion."

The ever-present march of war had descended once more upon the Jedi, and Denn believed it was because the Jedi had become warriors instead of peacekeepers. One could not avoid the march of war if one strapped on a warrior's marching boots.

But this matter was not about his pacifist philosophy, or the direction the Jedi had taken in the past.

This matter was about how best to secure the Jedi's future.

"I would like to humbly suggest that the padawans and their instructors be placed on a mobile facility, and not in any stationary locale, no matter how secret. Put them on our best temple-ship and send them to wild space, far from this conflict.

Far from any known threat.

There to remain until we send the all-clear from at least three trusted members, on a prearranged channel with a prearranged code.

That will assure the continuance of the order, and the safety of our younglings, even if Coruscant falls. And since those who command the ship can chart their own course, no one of us can betray them, even if we succumb to temptation or torture. There will be no secret location to reveal. None of us will know where the ship is at any time. Only those aboard the ship will know.

The rest of us... should remain here.

This is where suffering will descend. This is where the people will need us.

Abandoning our temple here is not the path of Light.

Reinforcing our temple here, and making ourselves available to the people in their time of need... that is our purpose.

Those we preserve should be preserved by not being tied to a fixed locale. By being on the move and mysterious.

The rest of us, I beseech you, should stand together.

Right here.

Where we are most needed.

If this is where we die, then so be it. We will die according to our purpose.

Our future lies with the younglings and the padawans. They will endure even if we fall, guided by their wise instructors."

Valery Noble Valery Noble Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Elias Edo Elias Edo Jaidan Shatani Jaidan Shatani Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade Efret Farr Efret Farr

xgzxUsz.png

Coruscant
PpBs3gB.png

Tag: Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar
"I can do a little bit of Force Healing," Vera said with a faint smile and a dip of her head. She knew that she probably should have been at the Temple, but she already knew what her Mother was going to say. Vera had seen it in the visions that plagued her at night ever since the Dark Empire attacked Onderon and now the Core as well. The shift that was happening to bring out the young and defenseless was one she understood, though she couldn't help but feel as if she was part of that group as well.

She wanted to stay and fight, even though she knew that she couldn't.

"I don't know much about medical treatment, though," Vera added. Using the Force to heal an open wound or some bruises and scratches was one thing. But assessing injuries and applying treatments that relied on technology, rather than the Force, she wasn't familiar with at all.

And she couldn't just use the Force for everything.

Once she stepped out of the speeder, Vera paused and looked around with a deep frown. Her visions had shown her glimpses of the aftermath, but seeing it with her own eyes was so much worse. She could see the sheer scale of what happened by noticing all the medical outposts, but she could see the pain in each individual's eyes as well. She could smell and hear the marks of battle, and she instantly knew just how intense it had been.

"...where do we begin?"

q2RzujO.jpg

Arcadius had been quietly observing the debate, engrossed in flipping through a datapad containing brief information on the proposed planets. Among the three options, Fondor stood out as the most sensible choice. Its defensibility was apparent from the data, yet something gave him pause.

Waiting for a break in the discussion to share his opinion, his attention shifted between the other members present. Although he hadn't met any of them personally, their reputations were familiar to him from his ascent to his current position.

Finally seizing the opportunity to join the conversation, Arcadius rose from his reclined position. "Esteemed members of the Senate, upon reviewing the planets, I agree that Fondor appears to be the wisest choice. Its defenses are robust. However, I can't help but wonder how our decision will be perceived by other factions. Will they interpret it as a sign of weakness within the Alliance's structure?"

Tags | Open

RWP5usm.png

Senate Hall​

"Perceptions will shift," Kha'la said in response to Arcadius Balthazar Arcadius Balthazar after having listened to the ongoing discussion. "Some people will not be pleased with a decision for us to move the Senate, while others might understand. But we can't allow perception or image to be more important than the well-being of this Alliance." She paused for a moment and looked between the various senators in attendance. Some had shown agreement to moving and even supported a planet already, others seemed skeptical and opposed it heavily.

As always, the Senate chambers were tense.

"I believe we can all agree that Coruscant will become a target, either now or when this Dark Empire believes to have better chances of breaking down its formidable defenses. When they come, you will be their main objective. If we keep our Senate here and continue to operate from this world, we're providing our enemy with an opportunity to remove the entire ruling body of the Alliance with one attack." She almost laughed at the mere idea that some of these people wanted to sit still despite knowing what was coming.

"You are also not fighters, Senators. Our citizens will look at you for words of wisdom and hope. They will rely on you making decisions that will end this war. But they do not need you to stand alongside the military when the enemy brings its destruction to this planet."

Finally, Kha'la turned to Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce and dipped her head in agreement.

"That said, it will certainly have an effect on the people living here, and we must account for that. But ultimately, it's crucial that we place the future existence of this Alliance above our own image, and that requires everybody in this room to survive what is to come."

So many Jedi gathering in one place. Master San Tekka had survived the dark times. He recognized the same fear and uncertainty that once challenged his own faith as a young knight. Living by the Code was not such a burden when the people treated their Order like heroes. Zark's stoic patrician gaze swept over the temple hall seeing much yet expressing little. He was elusive for a member of the Council, eccentric even.

"A new crusade is upon us," the old man declared, "If anyone here doubts our resolve to defend the Core Worlds put them to rest. We will not surrender this temple without a fight. An attack on the capital seems inevitable but not all of us are soldiers."

He nodded at Masters Shatani then Farr.

"Mobility has its merits. Secrecy as well. Worlds with a deep connection to the Force like Jedha or New Cov might provide our seers enough foresight to evacuate in time. There are no safe paths left, my friends. Each choice we make risks countless lives. This is the burden we all chose to carry."

Zark understood their pain. It seemed cruel, determining the fate of billions as they weighed which battles could be won. War against the Sith was cruelty on an unimaginable scale.

"Coruscant is a powerful symbol, but we don't fight for symbols. Jedi defend the people, and we can help more of them from in the black than down here."

Last edited:
q2RzujO.png

Ariana Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Objective Two: Changing of the Guard
Outfit

JiGZUcY.png

Her left hand clenched the soft material that hung loosely from her outfit, it was perhaps sheer luck that she had even bothered to clip her nails. If not Ariana would have stabbed through the clothing material with how tightly clenched her fist was holding on. Her azure eyes stared intently at her shoes, the floor beneath them and perhaps in a rather pedantic thought Ariana mused that the floor could be waxed and buffed a tad.

The distracting thought only remained for a few seconds, but Ariana cherished those few seconds of useless thoughts. Her ears hearing the delegation that was being held within the Senate Chambers, not a thrilling subject to be sure, in fact it was rather depressing with all things considered. The somberness from many Senators clashed against the anxiety that Ariana attempted steel within herself.

You only need to be here for today, just for today. Ariana closed her eyes, tightly as if the slight hint of light would burn her eyes completely. A foreign sensation brushed against her forehead, the cold metallic digits of her new right hand pressed gently and with several deep breaths Ariana raised her head for the first time since she entered into the Senate Pod. Carefully she opened her eyes and watched as other dignitaries and Senators expressed themselves to the rest of their peers within the Chambers.

She hoped to see her brother again one day, where they could lament together about the rather uncomfortable cushions used in the Senate Pods. Or even the dreary interior decorators they have on staff that designed the hallways and meeting spaces. Ariana wanted to smile, even laugh slightly, but the images and videos she saw on the HoloNet continued to haunt her mind.

q2RzujO.png

For once, Alicio wasn't the only grim one in the room.

Well, if he were in the room.

The hologram of Senator Organa flickered briefly as some interference ruffled the communication. He couldn't go to all Senate assemblies in person anymore, and with the Dark Empire lounging on Coruscant's doorstep, his advisors asked him to remain on Alderaan. Orso, Alicio's loyal senate aide for years, was there in person, managing his hologram dutifully.

Alicio worried for him.

The new King of Alderaan willed his pod forward, his voice magnifying to let his soft cadence fill the room. //Let me preface this by saying I believe relocation is the most prudent choice. We will not win a prolonged conflict by ignoring strategy. I haven't studied the possible surrogates in question as in-depth as I would like, but experienced members of this body have put Fondor forward. I am inclined to trust their wisdom.//

//But if there is anyone in this room I agree with most, it is Casteban Mecetti Casteban Mecetti .//
He paused a moment, before continuing. //It may be true that clear heads wouldn't bereave us for leaving, but with this Empire carving into our heart, there are no clear heads. Coruscant will assume we're abandoning them to the sword, and the rest of our citizenry will see the Senate's distrust of our millitary. I see Senator Mecetti's vision coming to pass. The impoverished here will suffer, our economy will take a hit, and the bonds we've fought for across the Alliance will weaken.//

//But we must move. So I ask the senators of this Assembly one simple question. Is there anything we can do now to keep that from happening?//

Last edited:

The loss of Tython had shaken the NJO and the GA to their core. The Dark Empire's rise was swift and fierce, claiming the ancestral world of the Jedi in one fell swoop. Now a new war was erupting right within the Alliance's own borders, threatening to consume it from the inside out. In times like these, it was imperative that they remain strong and unwavering. And now that the question had been raised of what to do with the Order and the Senate, everyone came with a different interpretation.

"I think it's worth keeping a contingent of Jedi on Coruscant, but otherwise I am of the mind that it is in our best interests to relocate," The younglings and padawans especially, but most people already seemed to be in agreement on that, "Force-attuned planets like Jedha are a natural choice. But that also makes them obvious targets." It may take time for the Dark Empire to extend its reaches as far as Jedha in particular, but all it took was one good strike to leave them right back where they started. All else failing though, she thought it a good fallback. "If we're intent on remaining mobile and decentralized, I'd also offer up the Vonnuvi Enclave as a refuge. I doubt it large enough to hold the entire Order, but between it and the Prosperity, we'd be even more difficult to track. And… in the unfortunate circumstance that one half is attacked… the other would still remain."

Be careful what you wish for.
dc-injustice-2-mobile-black-adam-reveal-trailer-dc-izfr7cxbg_82bm.2560.png

LOCATION - Coruscant Temple
TAG ALLIES - Jax Thio Jax Thio | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Elias Edo Elias Edo
TAG FOES - Anyone ready to annoy the cap out of him
"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)

Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt

Starship: Spectre, HK-88 (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
ocqEHzF.png

@Jaidain Shatani wants to complain about them abandoning the Core, he’s not wron… no… he is, but not for the reason one might think. The Master did have a mind for, and was clearly a student of history, but Caltin lived much of it. This by no means made him an expert of anything, but there was something else he brought to the table and while the edler’s resolve was admirable, was it feasible? Was it disheartening to pull out of the ecumenopolis that was considered the center of the universe? Sure was, but a “false flag” could work for those who were willing to commit to it. There were more Jedi coming in and joining the conversation so hopefully this idea could be built on and cooked a little more.

Now, the drunk…

Be nice.

The “forever remembered to be inebriated...”

Be… NICE. No matter what he might have done in the past he has grown from it. I respect that, you should too.

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el talked him down from that and showed why he had earned the massive Jedi Master’s respect at the same time. He was decisive and to the point in a manner that not only exuded his presence, and authority, but did so in a way that did not take that away from others around him. That is a lost art and not something that can be taught. Caltin may not be capable of emotions right now, but he did nod his head in acknowledgment, it would have been “appreciation” if he could emote it right now.

Jedha was not a good idea. They were still rebuilding from when Caltin and Kyrel Ren…

Moving along…

… nice thought though Elias Edo Elias Edo . It was a planet rich with history in regards to the Order, but it was also one that was all too “Open World”, tactically speaking.

The Mirialan kid Shan Pavond Shan Pavond needs to learn to protect his thoughts more effectively, they are betraying him. His position was understandable if not correct, now was the time to have faith the most. It was easier said than done though at any age, let alone Pavond’s but that just meant he was someone worthy of keeping an eye on. Respectfully doing so in a way that does not make the Padawan feel mistrusted, or a failure, but a safety net that he did not know that he had. It was good to have one, and that was a Jedi specialty, everyone needs one every now and then. It was important though for Pavond to have his confidence, not “arrogance” but “confidence” otherwise it would be problematic, easy to do in times like this, but it was a test to his commitment.

Shatani again with the “running” talk, but there was something to his clarification that sparked an idea in Caltin’s head. It was eloquent and well put, showing that there was more to this and could be brought to light with the proper direction. A “Mobile Base” idea was a good one.@Efret Farr a Jedi he had never met seemed to run with Shatani’s huttball and that only served to bring more and more light onto the silhouette that was Caltin’s idea. Let it simmer and cook a little more. One thing he learned during the purge was being able to think like your trackers and stay ahead of that.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si had a more efficient idea with New Cov, but there was more credence to what he was thinking. There was more dutiful thought to keeping just the younglings and their instructors hidden and protected, and “The Prosperity” was coming to mind. However, that was a known entity.

Braze Braze was having a crisis of faith, and his thoughts were betraying him badly, hopefully the Padawan would catch the big man nodding his way and if he did, would he pick up on the why? He should speak up, even if whatever he brought to the table would be summarily dismissed, it is important for not only personal growth, but better understanding from all around. He and Pavond needed to see that the Jedi were not “down and out” but “Suckerpunched”, “we” will get back up.

Lia Ka Rai Lia Ka Rai a Kaminoan Jedi… wait Kaminoan? That is unexpectedly cool!

Focus.

The Jedi seemed to be almost ecstatic and prideful at the news, this was troubling, but then she brought up a great point about defending themselves and not just hiding. She almost seemed to take enjoyment in speaking about this. Did someone dismiss her before? She seems vindicated? Caltin probably would as well if he were in that position (in fact, he is forgetting that he had several times a long time ago, but that is not important right now) but that is when you learn that if you are going to discuss this “now is not the time”, do it in a more appropriate setting. Not to mention if it happened, those who dismissed her had to do so because if you live life worrying about every possible bad thing happening, you will only be surviving, not living.

“Over your shoulder” is not a good look…

… and speaking of “look”... Denn Verdan Denn Verdan for the love of the Force, Seniority…

Calm down… group settings can be difficult to speak in.

Fair point, anyway he had the right idea, but there was an issue with it. The good thing is it was bringing more and more light on and around his own. The “mobile facility” idea reared its head again, and it was less and less “ugly”, however, that, combined with @Efret Farr’s suggestion of funding, and supplies needed to sustain a facility gave Caltin even more light for his idea. Now it was just a matter of bringing it out.

Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka you wise old codger… I owe you a sandwich for that… none of that weird milk though… blech…

Standing erect and off of the wall, Caltin rubbed his head, stretched, took a deep breath and pulled out a datapad.

I suppose it is my turn here. Firstly, there is an old phrase “adversity introduces a man to himself.” It is easy to stand as a Jedi, or really anything worthwhile when it is convenient to do so, what about when it is difficult? That is when it is needed the most, when the actions you take are the most profound, meaningful and remembered. We should not fear what happened, we should not grieve, or feel loss, or even “unlucky”. They failed in taking us. That being said it is not something we should take joy in, it is something we should look at and learn from. Learn that we should not take to “justice”, but not “vengeance”.

I’ll stand right with you in defense of this old place, Master Tekka. This is not just a symbol of the Jedi, this is a symbol of life. A symbol that no matter how many times you fall, that you get back up. This mural of “The Clone Wars” so long ago was painted a year after the Battle of Geonosis. I still remember watching the effort that went into putting this together, and the stories behind each and every facet to it. I am not ashamed to say that I am attached to the idea of what this represents. I am and will always be ready to defend that with every fiber in my being, just as I am sure many of you are.

There are many who are not ready to make that choice though.

Those need to be moved to safety, yes, but should it be a Temple? A Planet? A SIngular location? Hear me out. “The Prosperity” is probably the best overall choice for a home “Temple” for the Jedi for at least the foreseeable future. Temples remain manned and remain where they are, but all acts and events of importance should happen on the massive Temple ship, just in my opinion, because no matter how much secrecy we can rely on, our location can be divulged to those who might seek to take it away.

So we take that away.

However, do we keep the younglings there too? This is about their safety, correct? What if “The Prosperity” was found? We are back to the proverbial “square one” of defending, and evacuating at the same time. I believe that the idea of “mobility” is a fruitful and prudent one. However, younglings are not stupid, I am of course not claiming that any of us believe that they are. The idea of “hiding” can be daunting on a young one, so why not take that away?

Walking over to a panel Caltin hooked his pad up to it and one of the viewers brought up an advertisement for The Starlight Cruise Ship.

Say “Hello” to “The Dreamweaver” she is a fully operational, fully functioning, self sustaining cruise ship. She is well defended and is on a set route among and around the Galaxy. She is still registered to the “Silver Jedi Concord” but the parent company is currently working to change that to a specific planet so there is no true “affiliation” anymore taking away any potential suspicion.

She makes regular stops with regular resupplies but has more than enough capabilities, not to mention power sources to be able to stay out indefinitely.

The younglings, pretty much anyone could be there easily and no one would be the wiser, because no one would bother to look at such a place.

“Hiding in plain sight.”

Would they agree with it? Probably not, but at least the option was there.

I also have it on good authority that the parent company is not just “sympathetic” but aligned to our needs and cause… I know the owner.

If he had any emotions right now, Caltin would lay a smirk at that last remark.[/I]

Eku1KfW.png

Last edited:
q2RzujO.png

Hours earlier…

Inside an apartment overlooking the city Rens stood before a window at night. He looked out seeing traffic lines in the sky. Then his eyes fell to what was below with a grimace. The Mon Calamari lawyer had never fought in war but had seen its effect upon his fellow citizens in the last one and current. Rotations the immigrant turned senator had actually discreetly visited the lower levels, specifically 1313. He had made trips there to see with his own eyes how people live.

His heart ached for the innocent and the vulnerable. While he lived in a tower with a transport ready in case it was time to evacuate countless others didn't have that. He bowed his head filled with sorrow for them, knowing such sentiment won't help them, making him feel even more guilt. Then he felt a familiar arm wrapped around him and without looking he said.

"There are so many people down there Shu. A trillion souls are now threatened because of our failure."

His Quarren wife kept embracing before answering.

"Rens…there are many things out of our hands. But there are things that we can do and should."

Finally turning to face her they exchanged sad smiles before placing their foreheads together with eyes closed. They shared this moment wishing it would last forever. Done he looked up at her again but before Rens could say anything Shu spoke first.

"The children and I will take our shuttle back to Bestine. They need to be safe I don't care how that looks to reporters,"

"Yes I agree…" Rens confessed with a heavy heart. He wished he could be with them but he had responsibilities here. There are so many other families down there that need a voice to speak up for them.

Embracing one another again before letting go, Rens and Shu stared into each other's eyes.

"I love you." He whispered as if afraid that he would never have another chance to say it. Shu nodded and tenderly responded.

"I know."

Then they let go and went to go talk with their children. It will not be an easy discussion nor should it be.

The Present

Rens Ahim stood up in his pod with all his staff sitting behind him, typing on their datapads. He watched and listened to his fellow delegates debate this grave matter. Folding his arms across the chest he said.

"Bestine votes for the transfer of the capital to Fondor. The Alliance is more than just one world. It is the people that truly make up its foundations. I refuse to sacrifice them here for pride's sake nor that of credits."

Giving himself a moment to collect himself.

"That said, in terms of civilian evacuation I call for prioritization of Coruscant's most vulnerable from the lower levels. I will stay on this planet as long as possible to help organize it and I beseech member worlds to give available transports, volunteers and supplies for this effort. That way the military can focus on fortifying Coruscant without being burdened by us."

Last edited:

xgzxUsz.jpeg

PnnQj7u.png

Ship: The Red Night
Weapons: Lightsaber
Tag: Vera Noble Vera Noble

Gatz was honestly surprised. He hadn't expected Vera to already be educated in Force Healing. Funnily enough, that was already more than her mom knew, and it was just about as much as he was capable of. On any other day that might have bothered him, even coming from the daughter of two ridiculously powerful Jedi. He'd been struggling for months, and he still couldn't get a grip on Force Healing. Yet here was Vera, only thirteen years old, already probably at his level.

But today wasn't any other day. Today, every skill that lent itself to the medical field—however undeveloped—was needed. And so, today, Gatz was just relieved that Vera would already come even more in handy than he'd anticipated.

"Good, but be sparing with it," Gatz advised, "the energy we use to heal someone comes from ourselves, and if you're not careful, you'll drain yourself to the point of exhaustion without even knowing it."

He felt presumptuous. Here he was, giving the same pointers to Vera that Master Amani Serys Amani Serys had once given him, but he was no Chief Healer. He wasn't even a Knight! Just a Padawan who still couldn't do more than mend a few deepish cuts. But as arrogant as it might have been to try and advise Vera... he still had to. How could he not look out for her? While they were down here in the city, away from the Jedi Temple, her safety and her health were his responsibility.

And... her mother had been looking out for him for as long as they'd known each other. How could he do any less for her child?

Gatz watched as Vera's face twisted, seeing the injured and dying being hauled around tents, while every able body rushed to help them. In a sad way, it reminded him of the scared look that had been in her eyes, when he'd showed up bleeding on Valery's doorstep and she'd been forced to patch him up before he bled to death.

He was just exposing Vera to that all over again. But she couldn't stay sheltered forever. So as much as he wanted to bundle the teenager up back in the speeder, he instead turned to face her.

"Don't worry about not having prior experience. We're going to focus on the soldiers who have minor injuries. I'll show you what to do," he smiled gently at her, "but first: chin up, shoulders back. These people have already been through the ringer. One of the best things we can do for them is put a smile on our face, and try to give them a little reassurance after all they've been through."

ocqEHzF.jpeg
Tags:
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Elias Edo Elias Edo | Efret Farr Efret Farr | Jaidan Shatani Jaidan Shatani | Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Braze Braze | Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka | Amani Serys Amani Serys
Z9U36lL.png

Ko understood that all jedi were invited to partake in this most dire of discussions. But still he believes that as a more junior member of the order he probably wouldn't have much to add compared to his superiors. But then again, he hadn’t seen any padwans like himself speak up. As a relatively geriactric padawan learner himself. He felt somewhat responsible to express his own concerns and ideas. If not for himself, than for his fellow apprentices. A representative of the inevitable next generation of Jedi.

But was there anything of value he could bring to the table?

“I believe Master San Tekka puts it best. There’s pros and cons with every option. We’ll live with the consequences of our actions here and now likely for the rest of our lives.” A daunting idea for a young jedi like Ko, who in theory had a lot more life ahead of him than most he shared the room with. But that only reinforced the gravity of the situation for him. He knew that a perfect plan was not possible, but that was no excuse not to try. When the lives and livelihoods of countless people were on the line, perfection was not a pipe dream, it was the standard…

“I don’t know what the future holds for us. But it seems like historically when such catastrophes are on the horizon the Jedi of old were either unaware or choose not to take the proper precautions. We in the present have the gift of thousands of years of hindsight to formulate a plan.” Ko didn’t believe, or at least want to believe a purge of the order was possible. Yet such an apocalyptic scenario could occur if things play out poorly. A certain Sith he shared his homeworld with had tried to show him such a future back on Dorin.

“The NJO is not the most centralized iteration of the Jedi historically. I think that could be our greatest advantage, and one we may be foolish not to make the most of now. I believe a mobile, and more importantly decentralized approach for our near future is the best course of action. Something I had to learn the hard way many times back in the Agricultural Corps is to never put all your eggs in one basket…” Only now they weren’t just dealing with a few eggs. The stakes were much higher.

Last edited:

M977SXg.png

"Padawan Ko is correct that we should not put our eggs in one basket, and it's not as if we're starved for choices. New Cov, Jedha, the Vonnuvi Enclave, the ships Master Vanagor has offered, and more. If the choice is where, why are we bothering with trying to lock it down to one? The Prosperity alone has a hyperdrive, we should make use of it."

Kahlil chuckled as he entered the chambers. He was late, sort of, for the meeting. Through his bond with Valery he'd been present to at least hear the conversation, but he certainly hadn't been there in person. It was good the chamber was large. Behind him, having to still duck in the doorway, was quite the large figure. Vera Noble Vera Noble and him had been working on this project for months, and now was as good as any time to bring it forward.

"This temple is new. The original had been destroyed in the Second Hyperspace War. Well, the original before this one anyway. Before that, it was destroyed by the Sith Empire some fourth or so years ago. Before that temple, the One Sith had destroyed it. This temple has and always will be a target for the Sith and those who want to destroy the Jedi, because we keep coming back here, and we keep propping it up as our symbol. It's a back and forth. I believe it's time to let that go. Use the Prosperity to travel to these other temples so our young might continue to learn from all walks of life, as we should. Those who wish to help with the defense of this temple, not to protect it but the people of Coruscant, can remain. This guy,"

He tapped the leg of the golem, which in turn nodded. "Will help. As will others. Force based golems. We all know Kyber is alive. Harmony here is more a.. Walker I suppose, controlled by Kyber. Padawan Vera and I have been working on various different forms for them just to see which they resonate with best, and this one is the first proper. I plan to use them to help reinforce the Temple Guard all throughout our temples across the Galaxy, to protect our young. The Temples can burn for all I care, if it means protecting those we've been charged with caring for." He paused.

"The Sith want them. To kill, to hold hostage, to convert. It's happened to too many in the last war alone. Keep them moving to keep them safe. And the Galaxy is a big place, they should go out to explore it."

Rant over, he took a moment to glance about the room. "Those are my thoughts, anyway. We've brought this meeting to all Jedi because it affects us all. If you have something to say, say it. There are no wrong opinions or thoughts here. War is at our doorstep, and it is better to voice your concerns now than to hold them in until they boil over."

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto | Jonyna Si Jonyna Si | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Elias Edo Elias Edo | Efret Farr Efret Farr | Jaidan Shatani Jaidan Shatani | Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Braze Braze | Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka | Amani Serys Amani Serys

ocqEHzF.jpeg

DYnZ0fN.png
Objective: Discuss Future
Tags: Any Jedi

Katarine was a little late to the meeting. When the call had come she had been on Nar Shaddaa, investigating an information broker who was trying to blackmail some of the industries on Coruscant. Unfortunately that problem would have to wait because the message had been clear that all Jedi were to return home. As an Investigator she didn't spend a lot of time at the Temple, but it was always a nice change to be around other Jedi, especially since after Order 66 Kat wasn't sure she would ever see them again. It was a nice change.

And yet some things did not change. Almost a century frozen and she felt like she may as well still be fighting against the Empire. The Alliance seemed like a war magnet, and just in the short few years she had been awake in this time period there was conflict after conflict. She supposed it was inevitable to some degree but Katarine was starting to feel disillusioned with her place in the galaxy. Even standing here, amidst all the other Jedi she barely recognized any of the faces. Did she matter at all? Was war just an inevitable part of life?

The others started discussing where they might move but she clung to to the wall and chose just to listen. The inner turmoil inside her made her stomach clench uncomfortably. She had always been a Jedi, and those teachings had helped her find freedom from the Dark Jedi cult that hunted her as a child, but as her deep green eyes swept the room she couldn't help but wonder if this was still where she belonged.

universe entire with-you
ocqEHzF.png

The other interpreter, a female pantoran, interjected Efret into the verbal conversation this time.

"I acknowledge the wisdom of variation, of a 'moving target' if you all will forgive the crudeness, but wonder if it is most appropriate given our current circumstances. Should we decide to shuffle around the ones we seek to protect, as small fractions or a single whole, do we not with each transfer increase the risk of their detection?

"Is that a risk we really ought take?" She thought not. Stationarity was in ways a potentially much larger risk, but one that Efret thought could be substantially lessened with the right preparedness—at the forefront, survival skills.

She looked around, before looking back to the interpreter, curious to hear further discussion.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Elias Edo Elias Edo Jaidan Shatani Jaidan Shatani Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Amani Serys Amani Serys Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka Braze Braze Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Denn Verdan Denn Verdan Lia Ka Rai Lia Ka Rai Katarine Ryiah Katarine Ryiah

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom