Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech OS-113 "Accelerated Infantry Power Suit/A.I.P.S" Combat Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
OS-113 "Accelerated Infantry Power Suit" Combat Armor

kevin-lee-scifi4.jpg

OOC Information:

Intent:
To create a power armor combat suit for select units of the Order of the Silver Jedi.
Image Source: Kevin Lee via www.artstation.com
Canon Link: N/A
Permissions: N/A
Primary Source: OS-111 "Firestorm" Shoulder Mounted Heavy Blaster Cannon, OS-101 Retractable Vibrosword, OS-108 Energy Buckler, OS-107 Hermes Remote Scanning Drone, OS-112 Valkyrie Jump Jet System, OS-106 "Oracle" HUD and scanning device

Production Information:

Manufacturer: Obsidian Star Technologies
Affiliation: Obsidian Star Technologies,
selected units of the Order of the Silver Jedi, Closed Market
Model: OS-113
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material:
  • Fabric used in the under-webbing
  • Thick tempered durasteel plates over a movable endo-skeletal frame
  • Long-lasting internal lithium ion batteries (rechargeable)
  • Internalized circuitry
  • Scanner components (helmet)
  • Servo motors (endo-skeletal frame, retractable vibrosword, shoulder mounted blaster cannon)
  • Vibro-blade components
  • Energy shield components
  • Jump Jet components
  • Blaster components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Heavy Combat Power Armor
  • Weight: Very Heavy
  • Resistances
    • Energy: Very High
    • Kinetic: Very High
    • Lightsabers: Low
    • Other: EMP/Ion: Very Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Helmet: The helmet of the A.I.P.S is equipped with an internalized version of the OS-106 "Oracle" HUD and scanning device, which includes basic lifesign and energy scanning over a 50 meter radius, friend or foe HUD tagging system, nightvision and infrared vision as well as a standard-long comlink system
  • Jump Jets: The A.I.P.S. is equipped with a scaled-up version of the OS-112 Valkyrie Jump Jet System, which allows the wearer to make small jumps upwards, forwards and backwards for short periods. It is not a jet pack and does not allow the user to fly.
  • Wrist Mounted Retractable Vibrosword: Mounted on the right wrist of the A.I.P.S. is a retractable vibrosword based on the OS-101 Retractable Vibrosword which can, upon command, extend or retract a slightly curved vibrosword outward from the wrist.
  • Wrist Mounted Energy Buckler: The left wrist of the A.I.P.S. has a OS-108 Energy Buckler, which can be activated by the user to provide temporary protection from projectiles and energy blasts
  • Shoulder Mounted Heavy Blaster Cannon: Mounted on the shoulder of the A.I.P.S. is a OS-111 "Firestorm" Shoulder Mounted Heavy Blaster Cannon
  • Scanning Drones: Each A.I.P.S. has a pair of OS-107 Hermes Remote Scanning Drones which can be set out away from the wearer's position to gain reconnaissance data
  • Servo enhanced speed and strength: The A.I.P.S. has been built over a powerful endo-skeletal power frame which uses micro servo motors to offset the heavy weight of the armor system. A natural byproduct of this is that while the A.I.P.S. is operating, it gives the wearer increased strength and speed.
STRENGTHS
  • The A.I.P.S. is highly resistant to both blasters and kinetic forms of fire
  • Multiple battle systems: The A.I.P.S. is essentially a walking combat system utilizing various types of advanced weaponry and electronic systems giving it the ability to move rapidly through difficult terrain and fight in both melee and ranged combat with devastating effectiveness
  • Increased Strength and Speed: The powerful endo-skeletal power frame on which the armor is built gives the wearer increased strength and speed while the armor system is operating
WEAKNESSES
  • Heavy: The A.I.P.S. is very heavy to move in, requiring a servo-assistive endo-skeletal frame in order to be usable by most species. If for any reason this system is damaged or otherwise made inoperative (For example: By an ION or EMP strike), the entire armor system becomes completely inoperable and is essentially frozen in place.
  • Extremely Maintenance Heavy: The A.I.P.S. is an amalgamation of several highly advanced state-of-the-art combat systems. As such, it requires an extreme amount of maintenance. As such it is both prohibitively expensive to purchase and equally expensive to maintain. Specialized teams of Obsidian Star technicians are required to be in close proximity to any theatre where the A.I.P.S. is being used for any long period of time. If maintenance is neglected, then the unit can quickly begin to malfunction to the point of being inoperable.
  • Highly Susceptible to EMP and ION Technology: The A.I.P.S. uses a lot of very dilicate and specialized technology and circuitry, all of which can be rendered inoperable with powerful enough ION/EMP strikes. Any A.I.P.S. units that are hit with a direct ION or EMP blast will see all of it's technology fail and the unit become inoperable.
DESCRIPTION

The A.I.P.S. is the brain child of Beltran Rarr, who through several tours of duty with the Antarian Rangers found that the lack of heavy infantry in the ground forces of the Silver Jedi military was a critical weakness. The A.I.P.S. is an amalgamation of several highly advanced Obsidian Star proprietary combat systems. It is a series of thick, tempered durasteel plates, built over an endo-skeletal power frame and utilizing a jump jet system, a heavy blaster cannon system and several other state-of-the-art combat devices. The A.I.P.S. is intended to be a hunter-killer. It uses it's jump jet system to traverse difficult terrain quickly and engage the enemy at close range. It then uses it's semi-automated laser cannon, retractable vibro-sword and energy buckler, as well as any other additional weaponry the operator may wish to carry to wreak havoc on the enemy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom