Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Operation: Save the Voice

A species from Khomm...well yeah that would makes sense. The rest of the information however was much more helpful. "What a weird decision." she muttered. Porro seemed to like her idea to some degree and Brinna. So at least it seemed she might prove to be some help. She did however refrain from any suggestion on the matter of who or what got unloaded first. She neither knew this guy nor knew the girl or cargo very well. She was additionally surprised at that Brinna apparently couldn't use the force, due to her earlier demonstration. Cybernetics perhaps? Still, she was right, Neli only knew her own skills and it was unlikely she could account for all the others in any sort of plan.

Further information on slaving operations, curious. They sounded more advanced than what Neli was aware of. Then again, some of her experience came from her mother. And she never paid much attention to the security involved in slave rings. Wasn't worth it. And yet another name came up she didn't know anything about 'Lady X' was a new one. Not a surprise if there were many of them though.

"Ready to tag along once we can go. Though, I do imagine we need to get going. Sooner we find a supposed location the sooner we can actually scout it out or properly consider our options. Not totally out of the realm of possibilities to try and just follow her post purchase. But I imagine that's not a circumstance we want her to be in. Nor would I."

Porro Tanau Porro Tanau Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Around her neck: Metal rebreather mask
At her side: sib-14-stun-ion-pistol
In Satchel:
nelis-lightsaber.
Flute

Jack of All Trades. Master of None
Tags: Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Brinna Dara Brinna Dara | Neli Neli

“Since we know where the thief and kidnapper is. I say we head there and take back what we can,” Porro responded to the question of Sorr about where the crates may have ended up. “I always say if you’re standing still you’re not getting anything done. There is a nice trip to Kwenn where we can think. Go where we know there is a possibility of finding something. If we’re lucky. We find both the girl and the crates on Kwenn.”

Porro was glad to be out of the workshop even though Brinna said the security protocol was more about keeping the place locked down than punishing a person for being talented enough to evade the fail safes. He patted himself down again making sure he was still in possession of all he needed. “As always I travel light. I say it’s about time to get on the move if we’re to get anything accomplished.”

Objective: To Kwenn!!
Tags: Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Neli Neli | Porro Tanau Porro Tanau

“Let’s go Sorr,” Brinna nodded along with the others. “The time to think is when we can afford to be idle.” Brinna appreciated that Sorr was from a different place than she was, but if he was going to become the smuggler he wished to become he’d have to learn to jump in with two feet sometimes. Brinna waved for the others to follow and was off towards the spaceport whether or not they came along.

When they made it to the spaceport Brinna rushed over to a
ship and pressed buttons on the outside. “Welcome to the Tiaza’s Purr. Since we’re going after a damsel named Tiaza, I’m sure you can guess where the name came from. And feel free to tease Sorr about it.”

She gave a laugh. “Have a look around if you want. Should be quarters available for each of you. Check with Sorr if you have a preference. I haven’t chosen one for myself yet. Want me to start pre-launch captain?”

Sorr Kortu

Socially Awkward Smuggler
Sorr frowned when Brinna teased him about the origins of the name. "No! That's not true!" Sorr said his face growing red. "It's named that way because Tiaza loves Cats!"

He didn't know if Tiaza liked Cats or not but still Sorr is not going to stand here while Brinna continues to make of him like that. How in death's name did Brinna even know the origins of the Tiaza's Purr. "She doesn't know anything about the name!" Sorr said climbing up the ramp of the ship. "She's just trying to mess with me."

Face still heated up, Sorr marched towards the cockpit making the preparations for lift off. "I'll be the one who will do the pre-launch," Sorr said. "You can show them to their quarters if you want, but I want to get to Kwenn quickly."

His thoughts still lingered on Tiaza, Sorr hoped that they weren't too late. "We're coming Tiaza," He thought. "Just hold on."

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara , Neli Neli , Porro Tanau Porro Tanau

It was finally time to get a move on. She was excited to see just what they'd actually be up against. The actual kidnapper not being the main interest, but the Hutt. Sure she wouldn't let her interest cloud that judgement of trying to save someone else. But she really liked the idea of putting a Hutt's slave sale into utter chaos.

She nodded her head in thought as she saw the ship they'd be traveling in. Looked good. Weird name. She coughed over her laugh at the comment on it's origin, but especially on Sorr's reaction to it. She wasn't really sure what the genuine context was, but it was still funny the reaction it got out of him. She gave him a thumbs up, "Sure."

Neli definitely appreciated they were getting their own rooms for this voyage and put her arms up in victory, "Huzzah! No preference, probably better than whatever I've dealt with before."

A thought returned to her however, "Say, Brinna...how'd you do what you did with the droid? I can't imagine just flat out punching a droid, let alone an IG unit, is exactly normal. Especially without the force or being a droid."

Porro Tanau Porro Tanau Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

In Satchel:
nelis-lightsaber.
Flute

The ship was more the Porro had expected from a smuggler as young as Sorr, maybe there was more to him. He did look familiar after all. The others seemed to have a good time teasing Sorr about the name of the ship, but Porro thought there was a certain touch to naming it after his girl. Though they were pretty young. He hoped for Sorr’s sake that they stayed together longer than the love of his life at eighteen. To have to fly a ship everyday named after that queen, wow, Porro would fly it into the side of a moon.

Sorr and Brinna bickered about who would get the ship started and who would show the others around. It seemed like they either enjoyed bickering, or just hadn’t figured out their partnership just yet. It was a funny thing to watch. They were so different. Porro much like Neli didn’t really care what his accommodations were like. As long as they were private they were a step up from his quarters on the last ship he’d been employed on.

“Trip to Kwenn from Nar Shaddaa should be pretty quick,” Porro stated with a smile. “I don’t think I’m in need of a bed just now. Maybe I’ll just hang out in the common area. Challenge the computer to a game of Dejarik.”

“Well then it looks like I’m giving the tour,” Brinna said with a smile. “He’s the Captain so I get to be the tour guide while he fires up the systems.”

She showed her way through as much of the ship she knew. It wasn’t like she got a tour when she joined up. They were in a bit of a hurry, even though the trip from Khomm to Nar Shaddaa was much longer than the one they were on now Brinna did what she did first when being in a new place. She made sure it was secure. Now the
Purr was secure as it could get without her adding to the systems.

Brinna showed the crew quarters and figured if needed Porro and Neli could fight over compartments, though it didn’t seem like that would be the case. She also didn’t much care what her accommodations were so long as she had a place to lay her head.

“I’ve studied Teräs Käsi since I was a little girl,” Brinna answered Neli’s question about going heads up with the IG with her bare hands. “Can’t say punching the thing was painless, but I’m not much good with a blaster. The training my uncle gave me allowed me to hit hard, like a stone. Didn’t make my hands actual stone unfortunately, but I can do damage to just about anything. That IG was nothing. Glad that Sorr’s plan about the self destruct turned out to be a good one though.”

Sorr Kortu

Sorr immediately began to make preparations to depart from Nar Shaada. Kwenn wasn't too far away judging by the navicomputer, they would get there in an hour. "All right guys," Sorr said. "I'm going to detach the landing gear in three, two, one....."

With a press of a button, Tiaza's Purr began to lift gripping the wheel, Sorr began to accelerate the ship. The Tiaza's Purr streaked through the atmosphere. As soon as the ship was in space, Sorr punched in the coordinates and the ship jumped into Lightspeed. Blue streaks filled his cockpit and ship entered hyperspace. Sighing, Sorr closed his eyes thoughts of Tiaza still dominating his mind. They were coming, she just needed to hold off Rory for a little while.

Still, Sorr should interact with his new friends. They were the ones who were risking life and limb just to help Sorr and Brinna on this rescue. Placing the ship on autopilot, Sorr walked towards the main room where he saw Brinna and Neli talking to one another. "We'll be arriving on Kwenn in an hour," Sorr said leaning against the wall. "Just so you know," Sorr said to Neli. "Tiaza's Purr is named because Tiaza loves Cats nothing more and nothing less. Brinna is full of lies and deception! She doesn't know what she's talking about!"

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara Porro Tanau Porro Tanau Neli Neli

Neli
gave a wave to Porro as he said he was off to play Dejarik, "Have fun mate." she commented. No one here seemed to be very needy when it came to their places in the ship. Well, aside from Sorr absolutely needing to be captain.

There came Brinna's answer, she listened with interest at the discovery. While she was aware of fighting unarmed and some of the techniques involved, it was not something that she'd really practiced much. She wasn't trained for it and she certainly wasn't built for it. "Definitely pretty cool. Never seen that one before, didn't even know it was an option without some kind of extra boost." she patted the blade in her bag, "Definitely more use of this and a blaster when it comes to offense. Not gonna do much trying to smack people around." She joked mimicking a punch.

She made sure to grab on to something as Sorr warned they were taking off. She gave a thumbs up to his given eta and chuckled at his return to their earlier jokes. She waved a hand to the side, "Hey, look, don't fight it so much. It makes you look guilty of whatever's goin' on if it's something not serious."

"Anyways, it is a nice ship."
She said patting the wall, "Oughta get me one of some kind someday. Wander if I could just...take one while we're there...no probably too risky. Not enough of us to make that convenient. Oh well, I can wait."

Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu
Porro Tanau Porro Tanau
Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

In Satchel:
nelis-lightsaber.
Flute

No one seemed to have a problem with Porro just walking off to entertain himself for the moment. He gave Neli a smile and a wave of his hand as he made his way to the common area and settled down for a quick game. In his experience the computer AI was always set too stupid for a real player, but he didn’t feel like taking the time to make any adjustments at the moment. He started the game off with basic maneuvers, surprised to find that the computer was behaving beyond the normal settings level. Someone else must have thought it was too easy as well.

He vaguely heard the talking between Neli and Brinna. He had been curious about Brinna’s abilities as well, but he very rarely asked questions that didn’t concern himself. Brinna looked like she was quite able to take care of herself. How she did it was little of his concern. He paused the game and gave a chuckle when Neli yelled at Sorr to calm down. The kid was wound pretty tight. But Porro wasn’t sure if he would be able to calm down if his girlfriend was taken. If he ever had a girlfriend.

Sorr rushed off to the cockpit and got them on their way. Porro went off to play a game. Strange way to prepare for a mission, but who was Brinna to judge? She did give a smirk as she knew he would find his game of Dejarik a little more challenging than the base programming. She whipped the computer so many times on base level that the first thing she did onboard was to alter it to a higher level.

Brinna smiled at the praise of her less orthodox manner of fighting. “Well. We all have our own strengths. Believe it or not Sorr has some packed away under all that worry and planning. To be honest with you I wish I could be good with a blaster. Shoan tried to teach me, but he isn’t that good either and I couldn’t even match up with him. So it’s fists and feet for me. It’s gotten me this far after all.”

Brinna laughed at Sorr’s continued defensiveness about the name of the ship.She didn’t know exactly where the purr part came from, but she would bet Shoan’s bar that it had nothing to do with his girlfriend’s love of cats. The fact that Neli called him on it too was even more amusing. “Ok Captain Have a Plan. What is our first step when we make Kwenn. We might only have an hour, but we might as well get ready while we have a chance.”

Sorr Kortu

It's amazing how diverse each of the crewmembers' backgrounds were.

Sorr was a good shot with a blaster as well as having an extensive knowledge in piloting a ship and slicing into even the most secure databases in the Galaxy. He also knows the ins and outs of the nobility as well as having jaw dropping according to his older brother. Brinna is a very good slicer with many connections to the underworld. Despite not having any force abilities, her hand-to-hand combat was astonishing to watch. She was just as fast as a Vornskr and hit as hard as a Rancor. In a Galaxy filled with blasters and Lightsabers, Brinna gets by with just her fists and it was quite frankly a joy to watch.

Porro was laid back and prefers a drink to a blaster, but he was good shot and can charm the armor off a Mandalorian. Neli though was the most interesting. She claims that she's not a Jedi yet here she was wielding a Lightsaber and is not afraid to use her Force abilities. Was she a Sith, a Jensaarai? Who was she really? "Well," Sorr said when Brinna mentioned that needed a plan. "We're going to need to know where Rory is taking Tiaza and who specifically."

The young man approached the holoprojector, the planet: Kwenn appeared flickering in front of them. "If had to guess," Sorr said. "Rory would try to maximize his profit and Tiaza is seen as an exotic slave."

He shuddered when he said that. "We're almost there Tiaza," he thought before continuing. "We need to determine who holds the biggest slave auction market on Kwenn because that's where Rory would go."

Sorr closed his eyes and sighed. There was one person who could do this in less than a second. "M.O.M," Sorr said annoyance laced in his voice. "Run a scan on Kwenn. Who is the biggest slave auction on the planet? Don't worry, Lady X has made modifications to the database which will allow us to bypass any firewalls that the Hutts might employ."

Porro Tanau Porro Tanau Brinna Dara Brinna Dara Neli Neli

Objective: Slaver’s Summary
Tags: Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Brinna Dara Brinna Dara | Neli Neli | Porro Tanau Porro Tanau
NPCs: M.O.M.

A holo projection of M.O.M.’s body appeared from a communications computer. There was a bit of a flicker in the visual before it became more crisp and M.O.M.’s hands seemed to straighten out non-existant wrinkles in her body. “I’m sorry Captain Sorr. Just getting comfortable in this new environment.” She looked at the others. “Oh hello Misses Brinna and Neli and Mister Porro. I didn’t realize who all was present. You should play me some time Mister Porro. It will be much more of a challenge than the board’s computer.”

She gave a virtual clearing of her throat and smiled. “But you did not call on me for pleasantries. You wish to have information. The largest slave auction on file to occur in the next three days on or around Kwenn is being held by a Mister Lorzan Tark. It will take place at his own private establishment. According to plans I was able to attain the slaves being held for auction are stored for lack of better term below the structure in a basement dungeon of sorts. Mister Tark is an agent of Gula the Hutt Gula the Hutt and a rather nasty one by reputation. If this is where Miss Tiaza is being held you best all be careful.”

She nodded as Brinna continued. That was indeed the way of things. Sometimes some were just naturally better than others at something, sometimes they weren't, but they were good enough that their efforts and time might make up for it. And sometimes they just couldn't catch hold of it to save their lives, literally. "Well, hopefully it keeps working out for ya then." she added.

Onto planning, and specific locations. Shame she'd never met this Tiaza before. That might help, though, she'd never really mastered the whole 'find them through the force' thing. Still, always worth a shot to try something new. If it didn't kill you in the process at least.

Hearing 'MOM' was still rather amusing to her as Porro called up the AI to help them in their search. She smiled and waved at M.O.M as she said greeted them all. She groaned, a basement. Easy to hide things in, not so easy to get in and out of safely. If they had enough time, they could just tunnel their way somehow. But without time, there was either a risk of damaging the structure, or simply a lack of close enough entry points.
"Basement is definitely harder to work with if we used the full breakout idea. But maybe we could wait till the auction starts, and she and some of the other slaves are out before we start. Otherwise we might have to find a way to convince them to bring all the slaves out of the basement. And I can't think of a way to do that without putting their lives at risk in the process. Unless someone else has a plan for getting into and out of a basement which would probably have fewer entries and exits. Not great for escaping."

Smuggling NPC Smuggling NPC
Porro Tanau Porro Tanau
Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu
Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

postdivider1-oq829tyf96pp5ds8dshlfjadl3db0iuoyi4pk2ry7c.png

Porro paused his game when the Ai appeared and greeted them all. He gave a laugh when M.O.M. suggested he should play her. “Seems Brinna already was bored and leveled up the computer’s play. I’m winning but not as easily as I should be. I will accept your challenge sometime, but I doubt I’ll be much of a fight for you.”

He listened further to the description of the scheduled slave auction and the tower that would host it. Neli expressed concern that one of their options was made harder based on the location of the slaves. And Porro had to agree. Letting a group of slaves out of a basement dungeon was much harder than blowing out a wall of a building to get them loose. “Hitting anything when it is out in the open is a good plan to have. Unfortunately the people guarding them are on their highest alert.”

Porro was in agreement that the basement was not the best place to stage the escape but, “Maybe we can’t free the slaves from the basement, but we should probably get someone in there to put eyes on our target. I know there are all sorts of lists in computers, but those are easy to fake. Knowing that she’s there is a key component to getting her out. After that I agree we should find a way to get her and a group of others out of the basement where we can make a move. Of course my strength is in winging it, so if someone with a more analytical mind has a better plan I’m happy to listen.”

Brinna smiled with pride when Sorr asked M.O.M. for information. She could have gotten it from the computer herself, but she wasn’t about to tell Sorr that. The horrible Ai had some use it seemed and Brinna wasn’t likely to let Sorr forget that. Brinna listened to the report from M.O.M. after giggling at Porro admitting that he was having a hard time with his game at the level she had chosen. It wasn’t the highest but darn near it. As low as it could be to make Brinna think in the least.

The information that came to be wasn’t the greatest that Brinna had ever heard. Why couldn’t Tiaza be held in some rat-hole cantina being tested? A basement dungeon was the worst. “Even though Porro wants to have physical eyes on Tiaza before we put any plan into motion I think that I should get into one of Kwenn’s terminals and see what I can find out. Maybe I can find Rory’s ship and we can get to the cargo as well as Tiaza.”

She listened to Porro and Neli describe the hardships of a full scale rescue and they made sense. “Well I’m assuming Lorzan’s place is not some Hutt cave. If it is top of the line there are ways of making them think something is going wrong in the basement without actually having them go wrong. I’m not saying we fake a fire or something like that to cause a panic, but food for thought.”

Sorr Kortu

Sorr listened intently frowning at the thousands of slaves being packed together underground. "As much as I want to help Tiaza," Sorr said. "We're going to need to free the slaves as well. Looking at the map, it's estimated to in the thousands, we're going to find a way to break them out and place them on the transports which is located here...."

Sorr pointed at a hangar bay which held 20 large freighters just enough to fit the many slaves captured. "We need to escort the slaves to the hangar bay," Sorr said. "The problem is there seems to be a security system designated to shut down any signs of decent. It's made by HPI the same people who created M.O.M."

The young man hatched an Idea it required the A.I but maybe she can do it. "M.O.M," Sorr said leaning against the table. "If we can bring you to the Slave pens, can you hack into their security systems? Also, those Freighters have Droid brains once you're in the system you need to control the brains and have them set a course to Coruscant. I'll send a message to the customs about their upcoming shipment."

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara , Porro Tanau Porro Tanau , Neli Neli

“If you are able to get me access to a computer that can do all those things I’m quite sure that I have the capabilities to do as you ask,” M.O.M. replied easily.

“Hey what am I chopped liver?” Brinna asked with a bit of hostility. “Besides the if she can get to said computer would be on me figuring out how to get her inside the computer you’re looking to infiltrate. HPI may have designed M.O.M. but I maximized her programming. I can to almost as much as she can. Maybe not quite as fast though.”

“Anything that I do Miss Brinna is because of your help,” M.O.M. replied in a comforting tone. “I don’t think that Captain Sorr intended to mean that you are not capable of what he is asking me to do. You are probably just needed elsewhere.”

Brinna gave a smile the Ai. “Is that it Captain Sorr? Are my skills needed elsewhere?”

Sorry for going out of turn. M.O.M.'s post would have been too small and Brinna's reaction would have been less impactful if made after Neli and Porro went

Indeed, their highest alert. Which meant either try and exploit that, or bring it down. No, not everything had to be a challenge to overcome before they could go after their goal. Sometimes you just needed to realize it was there. Porro suggested they at least get someone know first if Tiaza was actually in there, a sound suggestion. Unfortunate if they couldn't free them all. But acceptable. Better one than none. Brinna mentioned the terminal option, which was also acceptable if less reliable. Her suggestion of creating the illusion of a fire however was excellent, "I can't do that but if one of y'all can that'd be great. I could maybe help influence their belief in it though. Best do it without them believing a person caused it though."

Sorr said they had to free them all. She grimaced, that was going to be a lot harder. And if they failed, it could be much worse off for the slaves. She ran her fingers through her hair as he explained the plan. That was a lot of slaves to try and free. Some of it was good news, the droid brains. Still...if they were going this far. There would be no sneaking around, it'd be blatant almost immediately, and then the guards of any of the buyers would be on them too. She kept thinking on how that could be done.

She glanced at Brinna's reaction to Sorr immediately turning to the AI over her for the computer stuff. However she didn't completely wait for Sorr to answer Brinna's question before speaking again, "If we're trying to free everyone we can't be passive here. That's a massive undertaking, one we may be very understaffed for. Especially if they go with a 'if I can't have them, no one can' attitude. The only way I can see that working is if they're forced to put all their forces elsewhere. Either protecting themselves and their bosses or maybe their ships. I'm not sure if I could actually start taking out their leaders. Maybe I could make it look like I could but that's iffy, I don't know how skilled thier guards are. And people don't always take me seriously."

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara
Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu
Porro Tanau Porro Tanau

postdivider1-oq829tyf96pp5ds8dshlfjadl3db0iuoyi4pk2ry7c.png

Porro listened to the rest of the discussions and suggestions. Each person had something to add. He gave a bit of a cringe when Sorr stated they needed to free all of the slaves. That seemed like a very tall order. It seemed that Neli was of the same opinion. It was a good goal to have, Porro admitted that. He didn’t like slavery. No one should live like that. But if they got Tiaza out and some of the other slaves didn’t manage to make it out. Would that be the worst thing in the world? I guess only if those who did not escaped ended up dead. Or the slavers increased security and there was a better equipped team looking to pounce in and save everyone waiting behind this group. Porro thought the likelihood of either of those things was very slim.

“It sounds like Brinna and M.O.M. have the computer slicing side of things handled,” Porro said thinking out loud. “Neli and I seem to be the best suited to get inside the auction. Especially since if Tiaza is there I’m sure they’ve been warned her boyfriend might come looking for her. So what does that leave for Sorr to do? Lock down logistics? Seems to me with what we’ve got we just gotta wing it. Hope the pieces fall in the right place. But I will tell you if it’s my life or twenty slaves. I’m booking it.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom