Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Operation: Save the Voice

Objective: Form a plan & a crew
Tags: Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Porro Tanau Porro Tanau | Neli Neli

For Brinna Dara Nar Shaddaa had become home over the last several years. She had gotten a boyfriend, a stable place to stay that she had made for herself. Until Rory poked his head into Shoal's life and therefore her life things were looking good even though her search for her father had hit a brick wall.

Then Rory happened. That was enough of a pain, but then he makes her go with him to Khomm. Some "punk" had gone and double crossed him and the old bastard was going to make him pay.

That punk was Sorr Kortu, Alderaan nobility turned wannabe smuggler. Turned out the wannabe part wasn't really true. With luck and spunkiness Sorr actually was on his way to becoming a good smuggler. That and a shared enemy made Brinna and Sorr partners. Sorr was Captain. Brinna accepted that, he was the one with the ship after all. She was his second in command. Number two out of two wasn't very impressive, but if they were going to save Shoan and then Tiaza, the famous singer (Brianna's favorite) and Sorr's girlfriend they were going to have to add to the crew. Brinna had a couple ideas. She would just need to get to her workshop. But those alone wouldn't be enough to get back Tiaza and Lady X's cargo from Rory. Brinna hoped Sorr had some ideas too.

She gave a look over to the pilot's chair. She could see the worry on Sorr's face. "Thanks for coming to Nar Shaddaa. I don't know where Rory is heading, but this is a good place to build a crew." She gave him a warm smile. "We will get Tiaza back. That sleemo can't win. And I can't imagine my life without her music."

Brinna started the post flight routine for
Tiaza's Purr. "So where to now boss?"

Another place another journey. That's always how it was, go somewhere, get some money doing something. Possibly singing or playing the flute, try and find some adventure, preferably one that also pays, and then find another journey somewhere else. It was a rather entertaining life. Might have liked som real solidity but hey, it was good enough for now. Plus it gave her some real experience out in the world.

New world. And that meant new goals. Check bounty and job boards, look for music gigs where available, keep an eye open for those back alley jobs. She definitely had her grounds. She preferred not to seek out killing. Though, she hadn't exactly avoided it too much either. She'd definitely killed some people since the years she'd left her mother on Bespin.

As was normal for her, her presence in the force was lessened. Make her seem normal. It was habit really, she didn't need to hide it. She didn't have any bounty on her so no one was really looking for her. And she doubted that someone would just spontaneously try and attack her for being a force sensitive.

Now, to keep looking for a worthwhile adventure.

Possessions:
Around her neck: Metal rebreather mask
At her side: sib-14-stun-ion-pistol
In Satchel:
nelis-lightsaber.
Flute

Sorr Kortu

Socially Awkward Smuggler
nar_shaddaa_by_spartan643-d68i5xx.png

Though Sorr calmed down he was still plagued with guilt for leaving Tiaza behind. He had the opportunity to rescue her but he couldn't break his one rule. The moral barriers prevented him from killing Rory his smug face still haunted his mind. Right now all that mattered was getting Tiaza back no matter what. But first, he and Brinna needed to head to Nar Shadda to rescue Brinna's boyfriend and then form a group.

"Boss?" Sorr raised an eyebrow. "You're the one who saved my hide so many times Brinna, I don't know what I did to deserve such a high esteem."

He looked around the city looked as if the lower levels of Coruscant somehow got back to the surface. Nar Shaada was under the Silver's control but with the Silvers busy recovering from the Bryn and engaging in a war of their own, crime once again went rampant. It was if the crime syndicates were waiting for the opportunity to strike. "First we need to find your boyfriend," Sorr said. "He's probably being pinned by that IG-88 Droid as we speak, where does he live?"

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara , Neli Neli , Porro Tanau Porro Tanau

Tags: Brinna Dara Brinna Dara | Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Neli Neli | Porro Tanau Porro Tanau

Shoan looked out at his bar. Well it should have been his bar, now he just ran it. His uncle got sick and they needed to sell the bar to pay expenses. That being said Shoan did everything but hold the deed to the place.

It was pretty slow today. That had been happening lately. With a sigh Shoan flipped a bottle of Corellian Brandy before catching it and putting it back in place.

"How many credits in the til?" He asked the droid waitress.

"A little more than 200," was the response.

Shoan nodded. "We need some business in here. Announce an open mic contest. All the til to the winner." With that Shoan went back to making the bar as ready as he could for the hoped for rush.

Jack of All Trades. Master of None
Tags: Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Brinna Dara Brinna Dara | Neli Neli | Smuggling NPC Smuggling NPC

Porro had not been to New Vertica for quite some time. But his last job delivered him to Nar Shaddaa and not enough credits to go big with anything until he could find another. The young man was used to this so when he saw Dystra's Place it seemed like a perfect spot to chill out, drop a few credits on drinks and maybe get a dance in with one of the local cuties.

Once inside Porro was a little less optimistic about the night. There wasn't much traffic in the bar. The only girls dancing looked like they were hired by someone. Attractive surely, but not the type Porro was looking for. But as he thought initially it was not a total dive so he thought one drink would be fine.

As he made his way down into what on occasion was the VIP portion of the bar a droid waitress approached. "There will be a contest here soon. Might have to ask you to move. In the meantime what'll you have?"

"Whatever you got from Alderaan," Porro responded. "Sometimes a taste of home is welcome."

Objective: Declare a pecking order
Tags: Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Neli Neli | Porro Tanau Porro Tanau | Smuggling NPC Smuggling NPC

“You’re the boss,” Brinna declared with a smirk. “You’re ship. You’re crew. You’re the captain. Sorry if that’s a bit much for you, but me saving your hide isn’t going to make things different. If you want I can call you kid? That doesn’t seem so flattering and you’re not that much younger than me. In time maybe Sorr is what I call you. Now you’re the boss.”

They exited the ship and Brinna put her own special security code into the panel on the outside of
Tiaza’s Purr she’d spent some time upgrading the current specs and deleting some of the surprises Lady X had left behind to track Sorr. Nar Shaddaa had been home for Brinna for a while. But the real reason was Shoan, not any warm feelings for the moon itself.

“Shoan hardly ever leaves his bar,” Brinna said with a nod. “When he does it is usually my suggestion. Since I’ve been gone for a bit he’s definitely in Dystra’s Place right now.” She adjusted the gloves on her hands and took in a deep breath. “You know anything about this IG droid Rory uses? We gonna have to destroy it? Or can it be reasoned with?”

Tags: Brinna Dara Brinna Dara Porro Tanau Porro Tanau Smuggling NPC Smuggling NPC Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu

Neli kept on until she saw the advertisement for an open mic, now that was something she could take advantage of. She was capable with music, and with emotions, but they were truly best harnessed together. Was definitely something that had given her an edge in previous locations. She certainly didn't see anything wrong with it, everyone got what they wanted. So to her, it was a win win to all.

She headed into the building, it wasn't particularly full. Even for the amount there, emotions were too tame. Sure not every bar or cantina held the same emotions, but these were too much like those of workers. Must have been why they were drawing attention, but she wasn't going to complain about it.

The girl smiled looking around, looking for waitress or bar droids to ask but also just openly stating in case someone who knew heard her, "Hear there's a contest? I'm game, preferably with this but I can sing if that's the gig." She said tapping her flute against her shoulder.

Possessions:
In Satchel:
nelis-lightsaber.
Flute

Sorr Kortu

Captain? Wait.... Sorr was in the military now? "Oh yeah! Captain!" the young man slapped his forehead mentally cursing himself for forgetting the many Smugglers through Galactic history who called themselves Captain. "Yeah! I am a Captain, am I?" A grin formed on Sorr's face while he walked away from the spaceport. "The adventures of Captain Sorr in space!"

It'll definitely be like the adventures of Han, like Tiaza kept telling him. Even though Han was a Smuggler, he eventually became a hero and that's who Tiaza needed right now. But first he and Brinna needed to make sure that Brinna's boyfriend is safe. "IG units?" Sorr said walking with Brinna towards the streets. "Reasoned with?"

Sorr remembered the many IG units that his dad sent to fulfill a contract. They were ruthlessly efficient capable of handling many blaster rifles and will not stop until their target is eliminated. "We're going to have to take it down." Sorr said. "But I dunno how are we going to do it."

The young man looked around the massive city marveling at the bright lights, the many different species that walked past them. Despite its.... less than glamorous appearance, Nar Shadda in a weird did look unique. "Gotta be the smog," Sorr thought.

"I just hope we reach your boyfriend in time," Sorr said.

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara Neli Neli Porro Tanau Porro Tanau

Objective: Get the music started
Tags: Neli Neli | Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Brinna Dara Brinna Dara | Porro Tanau Porro Tanau

“Welcome to Dystra’s Place young lady,” the waitress droid replied to Neli when she was spoken to. “There is indeed a contest set to begin shortly. Whatever instrument you feel will most confident in is quite fine. The flute is a beautiful instrument. But if customers follow the entertainers I would tell you they will want something to dance to.”

“Oh come on Bettie,” Shoan called out from behind the bar to the droid. “Don’t make it sound like we’ve got an unreasonable expectation of any type of music here. If she’s good, then she’s good. Brinna listens to that Tiaza girl all the time in here. Great voice, but spent too long doing opera. Can’t dance to her current songs at all.”

Shoan came out from behind the bar and approached Neli. “You’re the first musician to arrive. You get to pick your spot. We won’t start until we have at least five competitors. If I were you I wouldn’t go first or last unless you’re really confident. As you wait you can head down to the VIP area and the drinks are on the house.”

NPCs present:

OOC:
Are we wanting to keep to the current posting order? I don't want to force anyone into holding on to an idea because it isn't their turn, but it does help with 4-5 posters to go in order. If we do choose to go in order I propose that we allow the next person to post after waiting a certain time period.

Tags: Neli Neli | Smuggling NPC Smuggling NPC | Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

The waitress droid returned with a teal-colored Toniray. The sight brought a smile to Porro’s face. He’d not had good glass in quite some time. He rummaged through his pockets hoping that he had enough credits on him to afford it. He probably should have specified his price range, but forgot how pricey things from his homeworld could get. He flashed the droid a smile and took a drink. “Perfect,” he said as the feminine programmed droid shuffled off.

To Porro’s surprise the crowd started to grow. He heard mention of a music competition of some sort. That would be something to see. Music was one of the few things he didn’t dabble in at all. Most useful talents he tried to pick up along his travels throughout the galaxy. But he’d blown his fair share of tasks along the way. He’d been told that his voice was pretty good, but that was almost always with a new friend after singing in his morning shower. It was too bad he didn’t hear Shoan tell the other participants that the drinks were free, he would have joined and risked humiliation for a few more glasses of Toniray.

Instead he leaned back in the couch he had chosen and waited for the show to start. The variety of people that entered the bar was quite impressive. Almost all of them were around Porro’s age or younger. He wondered if anyone would play Heavy Isotope. It wasn’t a very popular genre any longer, but Porro liked it. As Porro looked around he noticed a red light and a tall droid lurking around outside the bar.

OOC:

I am fine either way as far as posting order. I can be pretty slow on to post on weekends because of work, so I don't want to slow anyone down. But order seems to keep things from getting out of control.

Location: Nar Shaddaa | New Vertica | Streets on the way to Shoan
Objective: Get to Shoan before the killer droid
Tags: Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Neli Neli | Porro Tanau Porro Tanau | Smuggling NPC Smuggling NPC

Brinna had to stifle a giggle as Sorr seemed to struggle with being the man in charge. She seemed to think that it might be her making some key decisions. But she’d still let him have the title as he grew into it. He was a good guy and he could learn to take control.

The usually spunky Brinna however quickly became worried when Sorr stated the IG droid wasn’t going to change its objective. Shoan was a great guy. Kept Brinna laughing and made a mean drink. But he wasn’t a fighter. They needed to get to Dystra’s Place quicker than they were at the moment.

“In that case we’re gonna need to hurry,” Brinna said, increasing her pace just sort of a flat out run. “Shoan’s bar doesn’t have much on the way of security.” The bar was about in sight when Brinna made out the tall slim droid with a long head. “That the droid we’re needing to stop?” Brinna asked with determination.

Tags: Brinna Dara Brinna Dara Porro Tanau Porro Tanau Smuggling NPC Smuggling NPC Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu

She nodded acknowledging that, a fair point. Maybe something that could be a bit more fast paced and more fitting for a cantina. "Yeah, maybe, if there are any instruments free to use that could help." She mentioned. Though, a man brought himself into the conversation trying to not overly restrict the music choices. Well at least she'd keep the options open, admittedly she wasn't quite as good at cantina music in the first place. At least not solo which was how she often ended up doing things.

Neli nodded her head with a smile,
"Thank you, um, I think maybe third or fourth then. I can't say I'm confident if i don't know the competition can i? And can't say no to free drinks." She let out a hum, "Well I could, but not at least to a free drink, so thanks very much! My names Neli V'Trechen by the way, pleasure to join in for the day" For awhile she hadn't used her real name that much. Some of that due to the bounty, and some of that due to that one or both of her parents might have been known by someone. They were far from the notoriety some people had, but it was enough that it would be concerning. It had been years though that anyone outside of Bespin or some former enemy or associate would probably care.

In Satchel:
nelis-lightsaber.
Flute

I'm good with the posting order. We can change if need be if something arises.
[/spoiler]

Last edited:
Tags: Brinna Dara Brinna Dara , Porro Tanau Porro Tanau , Neli Neli

R.a02e6ff4281c493434a74e13cd92ce0b

A tall Droid appeared at the entrance of the bar. Slender but none the less intimidating with its black durasteel armor and wielding a DLT-20A blaster rifle. The inhabitants recoiled in fear of the Droid with some of them distancing themselves from it while it swiveled its head around, its many red eyes scanning the area until its gaze fell upon Shoan Dystra.

<Target acquired.> The Droid said raising its rifle towards the skinny young man. <Shoan Dystra wanted dead for 15,000 credits. Prepare to die.> It was then the Droid opened fire unleashing a volley of blaster bolts towards Shoan. People screamed and began to clear out while the Droid continued to open fire on its target.

<Please clear out in an orderly manner.> The Droid said to the fleeing patrons while he continued to fire. <I am not responsible for any collateral damage due to your ineptitude.>

Sorr Kortu

Sorr's eyes lit up in shock watching the Droid fire upon the bar. There were many people running out screaming and pushing each other out of the way. "That's the guy!" Sorr said grabbing his Blaster. "Let's go!"

The young man sprinted towards the entrance dodging the fleeing patrons. As soon as he got to the entrance, Sorr pressed his back against the wall taking a deep breath. "Hopefully he's okay!" Sorr shouted to Brinna as he got out of cover and fired on the IG unit. Two blaster bolts struck the Droid from behind causing it to twist its body. <You have interfered in Bounty Hunting affairs.> The IG unit stated in a cold, calculating voice. <I am now authorized to kill the distraction.>

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara Porro Tanau Porro Tanau , Neli Neli

Objective: Get the music started
Tags: Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Brinna Dara Brinna Dara | Neli Neli | Porro Tanau Porro Tanau

“Bettie, I think it’s time to close the bar!” Shoan yelled as the hunter droid entered the bar and started towards him. Shoan hopped up on the bar and yelled at the crowd. “ALL TABS ARE FORGIVEN! THE MANAGEMENT APOLOGIZES FOR THE INCONVENIENCE! PLEASE COME BACK WHEN THIS SON OF BLASTER IS GONE!”

He hopped back down quickly and took cover. “Force Brinna, what did you do now?” he muttered under his breath. He of course knew that it was his fault that Brinna was working with Rory. And he assumed that the old bastard pushed her too far and now this droid was here to make things difficult.

“Free drinks for life to whoever takes out the droid!” Shoan yelled from behind the bar. “Management doesn’t keep blasters on site and appears to be the target of that crazy thing.”

Tags: Smuggling NPC Smuggling NPC | Neli Neli | Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

This sort of thing always happened when Porro visited Nar Shaddaa. He supposed he should really figure out a way to save more money and go to higher end bars. Maybe then he wouldn’t have a good night interrupted by a hunter droid dropping by to attack the bartender. And disrupting the music contest too. That was an even bigger shame. Porro took cover from the droid and started making his way towards the exit as the droid had told them to do when the bartender yelled from his hiding spot behind the bar.

Porro found cover behind a table that had been toppled over by other fleeing patrons. He looked at his flesh and blood hand, “IG-series hunter droid,” he muttered to himself. He held out his mechanical hand, “free drinks for life,” he muttered this time. He lowered his mechanical hand to his waist and pulled out his blaster. “No contest.”

Porro stood and fired two shots at the droid. “I hereby give you authorization to try to kill me for being a distraction!” he yelled out to the droid. “Risk I’m willing to take for free booze.”

Location: Nar Shaddaa | New Vertica | Streets on the way to Shoan
Objective: Kill the Killer droid
Tags: Neli Neli | Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Porro Tanau Porro Tanau

Sorr started shooting at the droid. The droid started to come after them. Some other guy in the bar started shooting at the droid too. Man, people will do anything for free booze. Brinna was in a tough spot here. She was under cover with Sorr now, but she could do some real damage if she was able to get out into the open. If she didn’t get hit by the two people and one droid who seemed more than happy to take out everything in the area with blaster fire.

“You think you can get closer to that other guy who seems to really want some free booze?” Brinna asked with a grin. “If you make it so I’m not caught in a crossfire I’m pretty sure that I can take that droid out.” she cracked her knuckles and smiled. “But right now bolts are going everywhere. Need to end this quick or Shoan will kill himself when he sees what’s happened to his bar.”

Neli looked up at the IG droid narrowing her eyes at it, she almost laughed at the price, "Just 15?!" it wasn't due to any amount of wealth she had. It just seemed to amuse her that an IG unit was after what seemed so little. She leapt out of the way still, putting the metalic rebreather over her face just in case and putting a hand in her satchel, the other retrieving her pistol as she hid behind a corner.

Already there were others attacking it, what a fantastically convenient solution. Her pistol, normally nonlethal to humans, was specifically very effective against droids and vehicles. If she missed while it was on ION it could still hurt someone, but she was pretty mindful of her aim. And Shoan just offered extra stuff. Though, she already had competition. She stood up taking in a breath and focusing, collecting power then turning to the droid and unleashing a force push that she hoped would send it into a wall and not through any people if her angle was right. Followed immediately by two ion blasts and the activation of her saber as she started to move closer. "For ethical reasons I have to give you the option of surrender." not that she'd stop closing the distance if it just delayed. If it didn't immediately drop the gun, she fully intended on trying to cut it to pieces if at all possible. Maybe she could sell it? She wasn't even sure that was legal. Or remake and reprogram it! That would be even better.

At this point she counted at least two other people who'd already fired on the droid, she didn't know their weapons. Or if the IG unit was durable enough against it, or heck maybe it was even duraplast reinforced and her bolts and saber would do nothing to it. She couldn't sing her way out of it either unfortunately. But a fight was a fight.

She wasn't afraid, she rarely was right up until it was too nearly too late to do anything. This was an adventure, she couldn't pass that up.

Worn: Metal rebreather mask
In hand:
sib-14-stun-ion-pistol
nelis-lightsaber.
Satchel:
Flute

Sorr Kortu

Tags: Brinna Dara Brinna Dara , Neli Neli , Porro Tanau Porro Tanau

Sorr squeaked and immediately retreated to cover when the IG Droid fired back when a torrent of blaster fire. "Oh man! Oh man!" Sorr's mind was flooded with fear and panic. The fight or flight systems were already leaning towards running away. Sorr's lower lip trembled uncontrollably but Brinna seemed to have everything under control based on her cocky grin. "I-I guess!" Sorr said. He needed to be brave, he couldn't run away this time. Tiaza was depending on him.

The IG assassin Droid stopped firing, and turned around. Curious, Sorr peeked from cover to see two people: A woman and a man engaging the Droid. The Droid tanked the hits from the man returning fire to try to get into cover. <Surrender is not an option.> The Droid said while Sorr squinted and saw a small compartment embedded on its back. <Engaging target!>

Sorr ran to Brinna's side placing his hand on her shoulder. "Hey Brinna!" Sorr whispered to the young woman. "You see that mini door behind the Droid? If you can get it open, it should expose its explosive core. IG Droids usually have those in case they have to self-destruct when they're captured. If you can open it, we can fire on the core causing the IG unit to explode!"

The Droid continued to fire upon the woman while taking out a Thermal Detonator from its side and threw it at Shoan's location. "I'll cover you!" Sorr said. "Go!"

It was then, Sorr got out of cover blind firing onto the Droid who took out its E-11 Blaster rifle to fire on Sorr while keeping suppressive fire onto the woman. Sorr dived next to the flipped tables, three blaster bolts shot whizzing past him. The young man fired a flurry blaster bolts from the side to try to keep the Droid busy. Hopefully the others got the memo as well.

Last edited:
Tags: Neli Neli | Brinna Dara Brinna Dara | Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu

Porro chuckled as he alternated between cover and shooting. This was the life. Adventure. Excitement a Jedi craves not these things. Porro would be a horrible Jedi. The droid reacted faster than Porro believed was possible. One shot got close enough to singe his signature yellow trench coat. This made Porro mad. Drinks or no drinks this droid was going down. Of course the Alderaanian wasn’t going to turn down the drinks. Toniray for life would make him a rich man.

The two people outside the bar obviously here to protect this Shoan Dyster that was named in the bounty were cooking something up. Porro hoped it wasn’t so good that he would miss out on the free drinks. From inside the bar he wasn’t the only patron who stuck around either. A small girl, the first to answer the call for musicians if Porro’s memory served him right, also joined the fight with the IG. She called into question the amount of the bounty so Porro assumed she was in the fight for the drinks and/or the excitement just like he was.

Porro was definitely not ready for the Force attack and lightsaber when the girl really got involved in the fight. “Sounds like the other folks have a plan,” Porro yelled out at the young woman with the lightsaber after hearing some conversation from the others outside. “These droids are pretty tough. Not sure if they’re stand up to a lightsaber sort of tough, but if you can deflect his shots I’ll lay down cover fire. If those guys outside know what they are doing maybe we all get free drinks.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom