Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operation Rebirth | Rebellion of Jaminere (AK-24)

[member="Lyra Sarn"]

Quick thing-
You realize you have to go *through* the people standing by the door (me, Itash, some NPCs) to just run out of that room, right?

Also it'd be great if you tagged all of us please :D

Not to mention the flash bang *did not* stun everyone, which was established in [member="Itash Mecetti"]'s post.

I am very happy to know that there is a jammer that is jamming the things that are already jammed by the big jammer SSD in space that is jamming everything while we're all down jamming on jaminere.

hqdefault.jpg

Also, what Irajah said.

[member="Cassandra Paige"] Sorry i nabbed the tag list from Cedric ill try to fix it in the future, as for the flash bang I am not 100% sure throwing it into a trash can would actually stop it from functioning, flash bangs produce about 5-6 million candella of light, 13.5 if you are going for hyper advanced here, assuming 6 million candella that would make about 75 million lumens, for comparison your average 60 watt light bulb produces about 400 lumens. Basically the light is so bright it would come out of the trash can and bounce off all the walls, so you would be blinded anyway. Not to mention the sound, it produces about 170 decibels, so while it might be in the trash can, you are still probably deaf for the time being no matter what. I apologize for any confusion on that part.

[member="Tsisaar Taral"] Read above, and also i was under the impression that imperial comms were not jammed, i apologize for any miscommunication.

What Carnifex said.

But we weren't using Imperial channels, given that this isn't an imperial installation. It's private. We were trying to use it to monitor your stuff. =P

Also, regarding the flashbang, from what I've seen so far, the only person in your group who appears to have anything with them that would actually provide protection from the flashbang would be the person that threw it. Everybody else, even being behind her in an open closet, would still at least be deafened, if not blinded, if we were treating this as a super realistic thing.

And that's all ignoring the fact that somebody else in your group of allies already acknowledged and continued with what we'd established in writing the flashbang as failing, in a more hollywood movie/video game sort of manner than a hyper-realistic one, let alone the issue of you basicaly calling a hit on all of us, which doesn't jive with the "we determine damage to our own characters" bit of how Chaos always works. =P

[member="Tsisaar Taral"] The proper defence for a flash bang is normally to be out of the room its thrown into, i was standing in the sewer system behind a significant amount of concrete, anyone who was in the room at the time should almost certainly be afffected yes, as is anyone standing in the doorway, however if someone happened to be in another room or behind a wall i would believe that the walls would provide enough protection to prevent anything more than a mild ringing at the worst.

I do not wish to force rewrites, what is done is done, i am merely clarifying the manner in which flash bangs work. Knowing is half the battle as they say.

Lyra Sarn said:
[member="Tsisaar Taral"] The proper defence for a flash bang is normally to be out of the room its thrown into, i was standing in the sewer system behind a significant amount of concrete, anyone who was in the room at the time should almost certainly be afffected yes, as is anyone standing in the doorway, however if someone happened to be in another room or behind a wall i would believe that the walls would provide enough protection to prevent anything more than a mild ringing at the worst.

I do not wish to force rewrites, what is done is done, i am merely clarifying the manner in which flash bangs work. Knowing is half the battle as they say.
Let's keep in mind that the writers decide the amount of damage on their own characters. This is a board based around a fictional setting, realism goes out of the window once you insert monks with waving plasma sticks into the mix.

I am not gonna ask you to change your post, but in the future I'd appreciate it if you respected the effort we put into our posts rather than just roll right through them. That isn't conductive to a good cooperative experience and simply leads to 'who screams the loudest to win' and I don't think anyone is quite interested in that.

Just a quick note that I have a family night planned tonight, so Rujat Aola and Setzi Lunelle posts will come tomorrow. Feel free to keep moving without Rujat if it makes sense. :)

[member="Darth Imperia"] [member="Darth Filiae"] [member="Jakkor Kess"]

[member="Itash Mecetti"] I never said they didn't, I was merely presenting information on the properties of flash bangs in an attempt to dispel any misconceptions about their operation and effects on the human physiology. I feel a personal duty to make sure everyone is on the same page when it comes to how things work ^_^

And understood, i've been dealing with personal issues over the past few days so i haven't had a lot of time to catch up so i kind of had to gather what I could from my allies before trying to get back into the action. I will make a better effort in the future to make sure i keep track of everyone's posts.

Tathra Khaeus said:
[member="Tsisaar Taral"]
Just want you to know you're amazing with that jamming jovial jive.
I am a jovial, jocular, jolly jokester who enjoys wonderfully witty wordplay.

Of which none has been seen right now, but eh. At least I've got consonance down.

That'd have to be a really dang strong stray blaster bolt to end up in an enclosed, underground area where there's nobody currently firing.

>inb4 it turns out it's a random turbolaser shot that somehow ate through the ground that deep and shed that much energy

[member="Cenric Marus"]

Cool just making sure you knew :D

[member="Ari Vox"] [member="Jax Vandal"]
I was going to work up a post but I realize you two haven't posted yet in the current round? I'll wait till tonight to post unless I hear from ya'all :)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom