Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Opening of Everlight (ATTN: Anyone looking to party)

At the commentary, Yula swerved around to find that the Devaronian had doubled. Her eyes narrowed. What kind of trick was this?

"Scuse me?" She hissed, not at all pleased with the man's level response to her brazen lack of spatial awareness. "You got a problem with me, old timer?" She was in his face now, all glares and gnashing teeth.

Yula was not above hitting a retiree.

Levi Levi

Kyell Laysel

K

Tag: Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

Their dance continued and right after he nodded at her question, she leaned in close and whispered into his ear. He had expected that she wanted to try something a little more challenging, but what she proposed got his eyes to briefly widen.

"Good, because I trust you. I want you to dip me."

Oh no

This was quite literally the first-ever time he was dancing with someone like this, and thus far they had kept it simple enough. Slow and easy so he could follow along. Kyell swallowed softly and kept dancing the way he had been a little longer as if somehow this entire proposal would disappear with time. But when he looked into her expecting eyes, he understood there was no way around it.

His hands shifted down to hold her back, and slowly, he dipped down together with her, his face closer to hers as if he was pulling her into a magical kiss. But he miscalculated. His center of balance shifted too much, and he found himself stumbling forward, forcing her to fall onto her back with him right on top of her. At least that meant he had a soft landing...right?

As quickly as he could, he rolled off of her and moved to help her back up, <I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to...> He wasn't sure if she could hear him, but his embarrassment would be clear enough either way. His face was bright red, and with plenty of eyes turning their way, he was really starting to understand why he had always avoided crowded places like this again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Koda Fett Koda Fett

"I can guess." Ronan said bemused while taking another puff from his cigarette.

Then a shrug.

"Kid convinced me to take some time off. Been going non-stop since that damn throne room episode." Truth to be told Ronan wasn't really sure what to do with himself on 'vacation'. It felt karking weird. In fact, he felt like tearing something off of someone. An arm maybe or a head. Tamara would probably say this was the reflexive gesture of a man gasping for air.

He had enough air in his lungs however.

"You are right though. This isn't my particular scene." A gesture to the dance floors spread around them. "If you don't tell Tamara... I am on a little job myself."

Ronan grimaced there a little.

Koda and Tamara always had a piece of chit relationship that usually revolved around ganging up on him.

"Nothing particularly important. Just probing security. This joint is Black Sun. One of their rivals hired me to see just how well-secured this place really is." A shrug there. So far so good. This place was pretty well-defended. Especially with that terminator with a skeleton mask occupying the entire lower floor and then some.

Easier to just blow it up from the outside really.

"What's your job this time then?"

Tags: Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek
Kara quietly agreed, she didn’t expect to find herself here either. Months ago she was just coasting across the galaxy doing whatever took her fancy. Maybe find something new to learn, or stumble into a line of work that would fill her pockets with credits. It was a carefree life, but an aimless one too.

Now everything was different, she had responsibilities, goals to achieve, and people to protect. She was Kara Jade, Jedi Padawan.

For better or worse.

Kara grinned at his parting comment, before taking a sip of her drink.

Well, I dunno about just a little.” She glanced over at Aiden, mischief twinkling in her eyes. “But yeah pretty much. I needed to chill, get some drinks after…

Kara’s words drifted off as her mind caught what she said and was about to say. Gaze shifting away from Aiden, instead opting to stare off into the distance. Only lasting for a few moments before she took a more significant swig of her whiskey.

So…” Kara turned to face Aiden again, this time propping her elbow against the bartop, leaning her head into her hand. “I’m guessing from all those hints before, you’re a soldier?

divider.png

Ah, right. Selling spice wasn't as easy as just sitting and waiting. Without delay the Shistavanen got up, wandered to the bar, leaned down beside Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek , and cleared his throat.

"Hey, uh. Either of you lookin' for a good laugh? I got some uh, giggledust with your names on it."

Kara Jade Kara Jade

Tamara.

Good kid that deserved better. It was a shame, what those oafs did to her. Did to all those opposite them. Least now she could hold a leash to her father, and often times Ronan needed it; far from the concept of rabid, Ronan was still a warhound at heart that sniffed out the scent of blood across the hyperlanes. It was hardly a surprise to hear he was on a job, in the end.

Mandalorians, or those of their nature, found it impossible to adapt to a normal life. Fett tried, Fett failed. Back to the slaughter.

"Your issue is the patrons," the helmeted Mandalorian conceded. "Security, likely to be the standard. Put those in attendance under threat, that's a battlefield. It's still Coruscant, so inadvisable anyways. Jedi are excited to stomp out enemies on their turf." The T-visor wandered over the dance floor, the bar, curious as to whether were in tonight.

Maybe.

"Senator from Milagro thinks joining the Alliance is their best move forwards." Koda started with his head back on the swivel, "Local government disagrees, and the time for conversations has passed between them." He huffed, a sick amusement found in his modulated breath. "That makes for my fifth senator. Have to be the Chancellor soon."

Ronan Vizsla Ronan Vizsla

For a moment, it was sort of magical. But then Kyell lost his balance and they both went down.

Miri's back hit the floor, not too hard—but then Kyell fell on top of her. He was quick to roll off, thankfully, red-faced and apologizing profusely.

As for Miri, she was initially too stunned by the spectacle of their failure to do much more than lay there. But then she began to see the humor in it all and started to crack up.

"I—you—you almost got it!"

She took Kyell's offered hand and promptly buried her face in his chest, shaking with laughter.

The merc would be sitting at the bar while minding her own business, her helmet sitting atop the counter while she has a glass in her hand. She saw this place opening and she thought it would be a decent place to connect with possible employers and such. Ata wasn't used to being in such a large and crowded place however, she would slam down whatever drink she had while asking the bartender for another one while she eyes the other guests.

gfaqYfL.png

div1.png
"Well, I dunno about just a little."

That definitely caught his attention, so he met her gaze with a bit of a playful grin. It however faded when she drifted off and gained a more distant look. He recognized it instantly, as his own loss of his squadmates had put him in a very similar position. So while he had been a little flirty or playful up until now, Aiden leaned forward onto the bar with a more serious expression.

"You don't have to talk about it, I know how your kind of work can be difficult," he said with a hopefully more reassuring smile. She turned to him and judging by the way she continued the conversation, he felt it had at least helped a little bit.

"That's right, I'm a marine," he said with a proud smile. Hoping to learn a little more about her and keep a fun conversation going, he leaned a little closer and was about to speak when he noticed someone stepping up to the bar to his side, and just a little too close for it to be unrelated to their conversation.

"Hey, uh. Either of you lookin' for a good laugh? I got some uh, giggledust with your names on it."

He slowly turned to the Shistavanen and raised an eyebrow, "...giggledust?" he asked, his deep voice making it clear he had no clue what that was. "This isn't some twelve-year-old's birthday party, bud." He shook his head lightly and turned back to Kara while he raised his glass for a sip.

Kyell Laysel

K

At least he hadn't crushed her.

The fall wasn't too bad, considering he still held her close as they went down. But he was a pretty big guy, so he had feared that falling on top of her like that could have ruined another date night with her ending up injured. Luckily, it didn't seem too bad, and she even burst out in laughter.

That in turn sparked him to laugh as well, and the second she was up on her feet and with her face buried into his chest, Kyell wrapped his arms around her to hold her close in a tight embrace. What happened around them no longer mattered, even if people were looking or laughing at them. Nothing could ruin this night with her.

<You uh, want to grab another drink or sit down somewhere? Before I actually end up crushing you.> He chuckled silently and pressed a kiss against the top of her head. Whatever it is they would do next, he was going to enjoy it.

Seku's hand lingered on Alex's for a long moment, as if she were afraid to let him go, now that she had finally found him again after so many years.

"It's good to see you again, Seku. Been a long time."

"Too long. I missed you so much."

"You seriously spent the last three years trying to find little ol' me? Why?"

"Because...you're the most reckless, irresponsible, thick headed Human male I've ever known, and...and...."

"And?..."

"Because you're the most reckless, irresponsible..."

"You already said that."

"And I love you, Alex. You're MY reckless, irresponsible, thick headed Human male, and I love you," Seku finally blurted out.

"Well, if you love me so much, why do you always try and punch me out the minute you see me?"

"Because somebody's gotta keep you in line, with all the dumb stuff you get yourself into." Seku answered. "It may as well be me."

testing3.gif

| E V E R L I G H T |
| CORUSCANT |

Tag: Horus Rhyne Horus Rhyne

"If the loud Devaronian is your alternative…", she trailed off, almost thoughtfully, with an effortless shrug of slender shoulders… "Perhaps, remaining here isn't so bad Mr. Rhyne."

Srina might have left it at that. She had said all that needed to be said in three words versus the oral novellas that some sentients preferred. The Echani often viewed it as a crutch. If it could not be stated clearly, simply, was it really worth verbalizing? She didn't need to read him the riot act. Rhyne knew that she knew—And that was enough, for the moment. The music beckoned from the dance floor, if it could be called that, but it was better than watching slow-moving shipwrecks sail through the entrance.

The seemingly young woman paused with her back toward the elder man in a suit. Elegance seeped from her, even in stillness, but keen ears let her take in his retort regardless.

It seemed that the Jedi whelp wasn't the only pup with small teeth that needed sharpening.

He would learn, as all did, that she wasn't an appropriate chew toy.

A faint disturbance of air as she adeptly turned around was the only sign Srina gave for a long moment that she didn't intend to keep walking. Silent metallic orbs swept over the apparent near-human with an expression that could only be likened to mild confusion. "Are you deficient in some way?"

Mr. Rhyne did not appear to be, though, looks could be deceiving.

Realizing that her question wouldn't easily relay the mental gymnastics of her thought process a delicate hand rose in the air to stop him before could, if he would, snap back. Most individuals tended to have exceedingly short fuses when things were not going as planned. If what she had witnessed thus far was any example of it—This man was experiencing at least a few difficulties. "When it fell—I served with many whom boasted thrice my skill. And yet, I live. They do not. It is not cynicism."

"It is pragmatism. I reject stupidity...And I do not think you are stupid."

The title of Exarch was something that brought back bittersweet memories. She had never wanted the position, but it was a decade-long holding. She was a creature of duty. Of habit. At some point, it had become as synonymous to her as the name she had been born with. "When the nations remnants have need of me—I answer to many things. Exarch is one. White Witch. Dread Queen…"

She sighed softly. Completely oblivious to the fact that the proprietor had been baiting her. His retort was taken as an inquiry; to which she felt obliged to answer. A truth for a truth.

"I have always preferred Srina…But that is often forgotten."

Unfortunately, it did not seem that she would be. It still struck her as odd that so many seemed to recognize her on sight. Were there no other Echani on this side of the verse? Had the Galatic Alliance banned her people from immigrating to the Core without her knowledge? It was a curious conundrum that kept repeating itself. She was no one, nothing important. She never had been.

So much for blending in.

The static let up, and she could “hear” him again. <Okay,> she replied cheerfully, still a bit giggly. Alcohol contributed to her good humor, but then again, the whole thing was pretty funny on its own.

<If I have another drink, more accidents will happen. So maybe not… unless you want some happy little accidents to happen.> She grinned up at him, a suggestive look in her eyes.

Maybe she was more than a little tipsy after all. That would certainly explain a lot…

Alex sat in stunned silence for a moment at Seku's admission that she actually loved him. He must have had one of those 'thousand yard stares' on his face, because the next thing he realized, she was snapping her fingers in front of his face, trying to get his attention.

"Hey...Coruscant to Alex...You hear one word of anything I just said?"

"Yeah, I'm just trying to process it, that's all. So, what else are you doing these days, besides spending the last three years of your life scouring the galaxy up and down to find me?"

Seku glanced around the bar before answering Alex's question. There were far too many unfriendly ears about.

"Let's just say that I'm still working for the home office," she said, lowering her voice. "I could tell you more, but given our current location, I'd probably have to kill you. Operational security and all that."

What Seku had told Alex, in a roundabout way, was that she still worked for the Strategic Intelligence Service as a field operative.

"Ah, that office. Say no more. You've never once actually considered a career change?"

"It pays the bills, and besides...it gave me access to the resources I needed to track you down."

"Say...How'd you ever get Rud Livan to agree to come looking for me in the first place," Alex asked. "He typically doesn't do charity work."

"Oh, he did on this one," Seku replied with a wide grin on her face. "He owed me more than a few favors for all the times I've bailed his sorry hide out of a tight spot, so I decided to rattle his cage. Told him what I wanted, and that if he didn't produce results, I'd inform our respective higher up about the little side jobs he's been doing smuggling contraband into Coruscant from the Outer Rim. I even had the surveillance footage to back me up."

"You blackmailed him," Alex asked, his jaw dropping in disbelief. "You actually blackmailed him?!"

"The ends justify the means," Seku answered with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Remind me never to get on your bad side," Alex laughed, mentally picturing Rud Livan being backed into the proverbial corner with no way out but to give Seku exactly what she wanted.

The sharp response made Levi pull back with an exaggerated frown. He and the bartender exchanged indiscernible looks before he tried to defuse the situation. The bartender merely whistled and walked away to treat another patron.

Levi raised a palm passively, and took a nonchalant sip of his drink before speaking, "No problems here, miss, unless you're trying to start them." He most certainly did have a problem with her already, but he had a feeling she was in a bit of a hair trigger temper. Levi was (debatably) spry for his age, but he wasn't eager to test his luck in a brawl with this drunken zeltron.

He preferred to solve his troubles through words.

"I believe we got off on the wrong foot. Allow me to course-correct; I'm Levi." He extended a hand, and the rehearsed, toothy grin of a used speeder salesman.

CgnEpiW.png

His annoyance was actual starting to fade, until she popped that particular question.

Sure, he had been a bit of an ass, but that was straight up-

Before Horus could rise up to take his leave? Her hand gesture forestalled any such eventuality. This colored him with amusement. What was it with today and people being as exhausting as they could be? Instead of exiting he let her continue, taking a little sip of burning amber, and then chuckling once the actual point was made.

"I won't forget your preferred name then... Srina. And I stand corrected, pragmatism it is.." Then a little shrug. "A quality the average Jedi misses on their good day." In truth he was still a bit miffed about the boy waving around a sword in his establishment.

He had almost ordered Butcher to take weapon from Oni, regardless of if he was a threat or not.

Pragmatism kept him from such a foolish pursuit however. The danger already passed it made little sense to escalate the situation anyway. "This is a strange place to be for someone like you however. Do you have business here? Or are you tired of business and in search of something a little bit more... exciting?"

A lazy gesture towards her glass of water.

"Water won't get you much excitement, I am afraid. Can I buy you a drink or are you quite stuck to your... guns?"

Srina Talon Srina Talon

Koda Fett Koda Fett

A shrug there.

"True, I wouldn't want to be caught dead trying to attack this place from the inside. But that isn't my problem. Criminals do as criminals want." The crime game had always been exhausting to him. So... boring and... lacking spirit. It was like being a leech and sucking the blood out passively, instead of going for an artery and getting a shower.

Vizsla's attention shifted slightly towards Koda at that admission.

Sure, he had heard that Fett's bounty was astronomical at this point and that he went after a Senator, but-

"You sure do love karking with politics, dontcha?" He shook his head. "Watch your back, Fett. Politicians will soon as stab you in the back after you finish the job for them."

Which were big concerning words coming from someone currently doing a job for a bunch of criminals.

Kyell Laysel

K

<Happy little-> He stopped himself, looked into those suggestive eyes, and felt himself burning bright red. <Point proven. We'll uh, skip this round of drinks and...yeah...> Later tonight, maybe. There was another sheepish smile before he gently guided her away from the busy dancefloor, which quickly made him realize how many people had been staring at them.

With the fall and the apparent silence between them as they stared into each other's eyes, they sure looked like an odd couple.

<Sit down for a second and let me take a better look,> he moved her over to a stool and blinked, <...at the bruises, to make sure you're not hurt.> He smiled lovingly at her and gestured to the bartender with his head, <I'm sure we can get some ice for these bruises as well.>

"Politicians have the deepest pockets with the most to lose," a fact that Fett became considerably more aware of with time. In earlier days, what amounted to his youth - days of a confused boy thrust into a life that felt both familiar and foreign all in an effort to appease a dead man that never so much as knew he existed - the number one to-be learned of the deadly combination of cowardly and malicious that made for most politicians. "Besides," his modulated and muffled voice continued over the idle thrum of the club scene, "You know too well there's no one that crosses me."

Vizsla detested the criminal underworld, yet those seedy pits of despair rife with violence, corruption, and an assortment of other sins had become the would-be homeworld of he who continued the Fett lineage, if not legacy. In certain circles, his name was a threat used to subdue those that stepped out of line. From those could afford his exorbitant rates, that is.

"What's made you crawl your way off Echoy'la, or was it Wayland...?" His helmeted head dipped with curiosity, "Become a little too bored in retirement? Not enough blood to keep you satisfied?"

Ronan Vizsla Ronan Vizsla

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom