Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Opening of Everlight (ATTN: Anyone looking to party)

"Ahhhh! A new Nightclub!"

Gula dragged Darlynn Arard-Milbon Darlynn Arard-Milbon now known as: Booty into Everlast: a brand-new Nightclub built in the upper levels of Coruscant. The Nightclub was great for a few things. Showing up off his ROCK-HARD ABS In front of anyone who would lay their eyes on the most handsome and wonderful Hutt to ever graced their presence. And also, to setup some slave rings in the club many slave girls would often be utilized as masseurs, serving girls, or dancers. The Nightclub was a great cover up for any criminal dealings and it's under the nose of the Galactic Alliance: The so-called crown jewel of freedom and democracy.

"You know what Booty?!" Gula said slithering his way towards the nearest Hutt sized couch knocking a servant out of the way with his tree trunk chiseled arms. The Rodian went flying across the room landing hard onto the ground. "That raid on Lothal produced the best livestock in years! So many interesting slaves for me to play with. The men are being sold to the Empire to construct Super Weapons, the women are well they're all weepy and chit. That skinny brown-haired girl that you call Tess has been crying all the time. I left her back at Nar Shaada, but your little Force Church has been quite the interesting bunch though!"

The Hutt shoved Darlynn onto the couch while he sat next to her holding her chain. "There's another one I want you to meet Booty!" Gula said cheerfully tugging his chain to reveal an older, blonde woman wearing the same slave bikini Darlynn was wearing.

Darlynn Arard-Milbon Darlynn Arard-Milbon

In the depths of the underworld, there was little respect for the law; save for the laws made by those that exerted their will over the level, the sector, the section - whichever one it was, the law was theirs to determine. The authorities had little sway, and that allowed an armoured face to wander freely even with flashing billboards offering a reward for his head, wanted by both members of the senate and Jedi alike. But such was the case of infamy, and in his particular field there was no one more infamous than he.

Hardly his scene, a nightclub. Either on another job paid handidly for, or struck by mere boredom. It was anyone's guess, though the risk of coming to Coruscant was not one done without cause. In truth, the Mandalorian was on assignment. Just another senator, those with the contract made an effort to plead to some form of moral sensibilities to do away with corruption in the senate. It wasn't much use. Good, bad, somewhere in the middle. Credits were credits, the number in a bank account didn't care for how one acquired them. They didn't care about a damn thing at all.

He settled two hands onto a railing and oversaw the scene below.

Ronan Vizsla Ronan Vizsla dont lie to me

Everlight Nightclub
Tags: Estrella Io

Now she had gone and asked a question that he couldn't easily answer. Where was he born? Technically, this was Tython, but before it had been reduced to a wasteland, Tython seemed to be rather integrated into the Galactic Alliance to some capacity. What was left for him to respond with? He knew very little about the planets in the GA, let alone the rest of the galaxy. He tried to think of remote planets that had been mentioned. Eventually, he managed to recall a news story he had overheard in the temple... "Morellia struggles to maintain trade with neighboring systems," or something along those lines. It was about how their distance the main powers of the galaxy effected their standing in economic exchange. Perhaps it was far enough out there to be believable.

"Morellia," Oni answered. "My people were isolationist. Not much news came in or out, even with others on the planet."

It was the perfect answer, and one that he would need to remember for the future, assuming that the question of his birthplace would come up again. It helped that Oni was naturally straight faced, so it wasn't to hard for him to sound sure about the words he was saying, even if they had been off the cuff.

The entrance of a strange, slug like being ( Gula the Hutt Gula the Hutt ) had caught the young swordsman's attention. He was parading women around in chains. He had seen the Rakata do similar things. It was slavery. Oni didn't care what the culture of this nightclub thing was supposed to be. He wasn't going to let the being continue, especially with slavery being illegal in the GA. Oni stood, placing a hand on his sword as a serious expression spread across his face.

"Apologies, but will you excuse me?" He said to Estrella before setting off towards the hutt.

testing3.gif

| E V E R L I G H T |
| CORUSCANT |

Tag: Naivia Neryn Naivia Neryn (Good tunes btw, friend.)

She never expected to be noticed.

Mostly, because her people were typically interchangeable. It was an unintended defense mechanism. How often had she been mistaken for one of her sisters? Had they been mistaken for her?

Too many to count.

The pale-skinned woman came from a long line of ethereal Echani whom all held the same general features. She could not consider herself prominent or striking when she was little more than a genetic copy of her mother, her grandmother, and every female ancestor that had come before her. It was a laughably long line of unoriginal DNA strung together by Arkanian scientists. She internally snorted at the thought. The pinnacle of evolution, indeed.

Nigh invisible hair on the back of her neck began to rise when she realized that someone was paying a little more attention to her presence than the typical party-sprite. Catching the eye of Everlight staff (Butcher) would have vaguely made more sense…But even then, only barely. With the intent of "fitting in" Srina forced herself to remain unmoved, save, for the potential of a disagreeable element that might take exception to a former member of the Confederacy sullying their perfect, faultless, Coruscanti streets. There were plenty of other patrons that looked far more approachable than she did. To that end—She remained where she was. Who, she currently was.

A lone creature waiting for something that none were the wiser.

It was a curious thing. If she would have known that someone (Estrella Io) just wanted a photo-op with her, versus, trying to kill her…She wouldn't have been able to say which thing left her more disturbed. Srina was quite possibly the most uninteresting thing in Everlight.

At least, she thought so.

Her head raised momentarily from the bar when telltale sounds of commotion drew an unflinching gaze back toward the interest. A scuffle so soon? Metallic eyes seemed to squint just slightly at the number of Mandalorians that had managed to weave their way through the crowd. They were terribly easy to spot. With or without the bucket. Still…It was the ill-mannered Devaronian ( Reave Reave ) that first caused a scene. Interesting. At least, until Everlight staff ( Horus Rhyne Horus Rhyne ) stepped in.

A pity, really.

The bartender returned with the water she'd requested. Regardless the lack of alcohol it was served in an elegant cocktail glass, iced, with a slice of lemon nestled over the rim. There was even a stick of fruit resting neatly on top. She paid with a swipe of the device on her wrist and left a tip that would probably cause staff to blink several times in confusion. It wasn't that Srina was overly generous. She simply didn't know what was appropriate—And made a (potentially incorrect) assumption.

It hadn't even occurred to her that the cover fee probably included her drinks and entertainment.

"Do you mind if I take the seat next to you?"

Her shoulders squared for a moment while she gave the newcomer a once over. Her eyes held the emotional capacity of a frozen wasteland. It would feel more like a bird of prey watching something they designed to eat than a chance encounter bar-hopping companion. "If you wish it…The seat is yours."

The rest of the dialogue that the female ( Naivia Neryn Naivia Neryn ) shared caused the very edge of her lips to take on the glimmer of an elegant frown. She knew that the population on Coruscant was overwhelmingly human, but, the division between gender? Somehow, the proposed math did not add up.

"If you are not comfortable with men this may be a difficult evening for you. I would suggest modifying your perspective accordingly."

Her response was exceedingly measured. Srina, missed social cues. It was a fact. She knew it. Everyone she knew, knew it. Was this something else that was somehow flying over her head? Moonlit hair glimmered different iridescent colors under the lights and she took a tentative sip of her drink. The water was surprisingly refreshing. There was no aftertaste of fuel, or, the artificial taste of a recycler.

The very specific notion of her timetable drew a raised eyebrow.

"…I will remain until I do not."

The slender woman might have spoken further but her jaw set tight when a Hutt ( Gula the Hutt Gula the Hutt ) burst in with literal slaves at his/its side. A prickling of anger began to rise behind her sternum and an already distant disposition seemed to become all the more apparent. Rather than simmer and explode as some were want to to, Srina, merely grew colder.

There was nothing she hated more.

Estrella Io

E
Attire: DressShoes
Tags: Shem Spinner Shem Spinner │ Open!

"Morellia," Oni answered. "My people were isolationist. Not much news came in or out, even with others on the planet."

“Well, that explains a lot.” Estrella said, a soft smile manifesting across her features as she spoke. “For a moment I thought that you were like a time traveler or something!” The gynoid joked with a soft, playful giggle. Of course, Estrella hadn’t actually entertained that conclusion. The joke was intended to lighten the mood and hopefully get Oni to open up a bit more, even though she was holding secrets of her own.

She had no idea that her words might have the opposite effect.

All the while, the liveliness of the nightclub’s atmosphere continued, but the arrival of a muscular Hutt, accompanied by a pair of women in chains drew the gynoid’s attention and Oni’s as well. It could be slavery, but it could also be something else entirely. Regardless, Estrella immediately decided not to intervene, but it seemed that the Pantoran had made the opposite decision.

"Apologies, but will you excuse me?" He said to Estrella before setting off towards the hutt.

“Wait, you probably don’t want to do that. I don’t think the nightclub owners want trouble.” Estrella began, before subtly gesturing towards the imposing figures of Butcher and Karkosuchus in the attempt to dissuade him. It was only then that her photoreceptors caught sight of the gleaming katana on the Pantoran’s body, immediately drawing a facsimile of a gasp from her lips.

“That’s a katana.” Estrella said in a disbelieving tone, her voice falling low and quiet.

“Okay, now I have questions!”

Tags: Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek
"I recommend the Corellian whiskey,"

The voice carried over the music with ease, drawing the blonde’s attention to the man as he leaned against the bar. Kara raised an eyebrow, eyes scanning the new arrival for a couple moments.

Well it is a classic,” she said, a small smirk tugging at the corner of her lips. “Although, is there anything more Corellian than whiskey?” It did seem to be the most favoured drink, no matter where you were in the galaxy.

Kara turned her attention to the bartender, watching them work. She quietly debated whether to further engage in conversation. Her original plan was to just drink and observe, with the latter hopefully not involving Jedi getting up to mischief. But this did provide a means for fresh conversation, with someone unfamiliar to her.

Plus he brought her a drink, it would’ve been rude not to at the least introduce herself. Her decision made, Kara turned in her seat to face the Corellian, holding out a hand.

Kara Jade.

She watched him closely, wondering if her earlier assessment was right. He struck her as a soldier of some sort, with the way he held himself. Like he couldn’t quite shake the tension when off the battlefield.

It reminded Kara of an old friend, one she hadn’t seen in many years.

Everlight Nightclub
Tags: Estrella Io, Gula the Hutt Gula the Hutt

“Wait, you probably don’t want to do that. I don’t think the nightclub owners want trouble.”

Estrella gestured to the lizard ( Karkosuchus ) and the man in the skull mask ( Butcher ), perhaps implying that there was worse than just being kicked out. Unfortunately, this didn't dissuade Oni. His mind had already been made up.

"I'll just have to suffer the consequences then," Oni reasoned. "Slavery isn't legal here, and I can't say my thoughts on it are passive."

Before he could set off, the girl had noticed his sword and acted particularly surprised by it. Oni found this to be particularly odd. Swords still existed. He had seen a few in the future along side the new weapon the Jedi had taken up, the lightsaber.

“Okay, now I have questions!”

"I..." he began, his sentence trailing off. He didn't have time for this right now. "I'll answer them in a minute."

A minute was all he was going to need. With no more hesitation, Oni made his way across to the hutt, locking eyes with the muscular slug. There were lightsabers strung around his neck, implying that he was a Jedi hunter of some kind. Why then would he willingly come to territory under the protection of the Jedi? It didn't matter in any case. The outcome would be the same.

"Leave," Oni scowled, his brow furrowing.

He didn't see the need to say anything more. Oni was prepared to remove him by other means.

gfaqYfL.png

div1.png
"Although, is there anything more Corellian than whiskey?"

"Probably not," he said with a somewhat playful smirk coming through, "Although their soldiers are some of the finest as well," he said, hinting at the fact that he was one himself a little. His eyes then shifted to the bartender while their drinks were being prepared, and not a minute later both were set on the bar counter.

Aiden dipped his head in gratitude to the bartender and gestured for the whiskey after looking back at Kara, who extended her hand for a more formal greeting.

"Aiden Rennek," he said as he accepted the hand and shook it firmly, a smile resting on his lips while he kept his eyes connected with hers. Usually, he felt he was quite good at reading people and figuring out what types they might be. But Kara was more difficult. She had the strength and confidence of a soldier, at least at first glance, but there was something carefree about her that he didn't recognize in himself or other soldiers.

"Say, you don't really strike me like most other types here," he began as a result before he raised his beer to his lips for a slow sip. A little trick to keep the tension of his statement for a moment. "This place is full of some of the worst types, some civilians who might be celebrating their days off, and maybe a soldier or two. But you're neither of those, are you?"

He leaned in a little, studying her closely as he tried to figure her out.

Last edited:

Butcher

B

butcher_topspacer.png

As the large reptile spoke, Butcher's dark eyes glanced toward the Hutt - slaves and all - that arrived, before the enforcer looked back.

"Karkosuchus, yeah, that's what I said."

The bounty hunter had one hell of a story, the job he had finished sounded like a right pain in the backside, especially having to find the place without client intel to go off. Butcher had been there, often on a job without all the facts or information needed, and it wasn't ideal. Still, both of them were obviously professionals... even if the reptile had a reputation for chowing down on sentients.

To each their own.

"Been keepin' busy myself, yeah," Butcher nodded as he glanced back toward the Hutt and slaves. He saw some potential trouble, in the form of a seemingly agitated youth with a sword, that stalked toward the slug. "Mostly just handlin' problems, ya know? Makin' the lives of my various bosses easier. Here, have another drink on the house--"

Butcher tapped his glove fingers on the bar, to get the attention of a server. He then motioned with his masked head toward the scene of impending commotion.

"--but, the job calls and I have to handle a potential situation. Talk to ya later, scales."

With a sigh, the broad shouldered enforcer began to beeline toward the kid with the sword and the Hutt with the slaves. It didn't take Butcher long, before he stepped up to the pair, and cleared his throat as he looked to the humanoid kid. Turned out the sword-wielding youth wanted the Hutt to leave, presumably because of the chained sentients connected to the Hutt's person... and that made the kid the aggressor.

"How's it goin', Gula? And hey, kid," Butcher said, his tone like someone who had done this a thousand times, as he stepped up and got within mere feet of the shorter humanoid. "This ain't your place. You got no say here. Now... I'm gonna cut you some slack, because you have the stupidity of youthful self-righteousness messin' with your decision making."

Butcher reached out a metal gloved hand and pointed to the kid's chest.

"But if you draw that sword? Then you'll be makin' the biggest mistake of your life. I'll leave you outside, in the trash, waitin' for a med sled to mop you up after I break every bone in your body... so, leave the Hutt to his business, an' you mind your own. Maybe go back to that cute girl you were talkin' to."

The enforcer chuckled.

"Whadda ya say?"

With its loud music and flashing lights, the club seemed determined to pound its way into the minds of all who entered, impossible to ignore. Yet Miri and Kyell were off in their own little world from the moment they walked through the doors, even though they never spoke a word to each other.

At least, not out loud.

<Here, see if you can follow this…>

Miri sat by the bar, her chair spun around to face Kyell beside her. Her hands were moving rapidly beneath the color-changing lights, using Galactic Sign Language. Every now and then she would pause, blush and giggle as she forgot a gesture or confused two different movements.

<Ah, well. At least I got this right...> She signed [I love you]. <But everyone knows that one.>

While they could communicate with telepathy, sometimes Miri’s fickle connection to the Force took away that option. So she had been trying to learn an alternate mode of communication, and was teaching it to the mute Kyell as well. This was the first time she had tried it in a public place, and she couldn’t help but feel a little strange.

<You try it.> She had been drinking, not to the point of drunkenness, but enough that her cheeks were rosy and her eyes gleamed when she looked at him. <Say something to me.>

Estrella Io

E
Attire: DressShoes
Tags: Shem Spinner Shem Spinner │ Open!

Estrella blinked, features wide with disbelief as she watched the confrontation between Oni and the masked enforcer. Crossing her legs at the knee, the gynoid picked up the cup of tea which she had ordered from a passing attendant and took a small sip, photoreceptors narrowing in interest as the scene played out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful what you wish for.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Clubbing? Really?

This was not Caltin’s idea of a fun night out, but it was “date night” and this is what Chrysa Vanagor Chrysa Vanagor wanted to do, and “A Happy wife equals a Happy life.” So at least he got to pick where they went to eat. The bouncer was funny, immediately he was “not on the list” without even a word spoken, but the big man just smirked at his wife. The Sorrusian did her thing, not “flirty” or anything (nothing that bothered Caltin anyway) but followed up on if she was, and slipped him a load of credits. Suddenly they both were.

Of course they were.

Once inside, clearly the place was crazy. The music, the lights, it was all an exciting atmosphere, but the energy was something that the both of them were feeling. Almost immediately a shot girl came up on him, not her, him. That was a big mistake as Chrysa just let a devilish smirk creep across her face as she grabbed the girl's hand and VERY NEARLY broke it, letting herself be known.

Another Jedi Master he knew was at the bar with a glare she reserves for her Padawans. Clearly the woman was frustrated, but not willing to walk away from the drink in her hand.

There was something else. Clearly there were idiots out there looking to fight. Well, maybe this might be fun after all. Getting a seat for Chrysa at the bar, he stood by her as she ordered for the both of them. She wanted to dance, but there was too much going on out there right now. Maybe it was time to clean things up and “glance” the way of the floor.

TAG: WIDE OPEN

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

gfaqYfL.png

Open
Levi had actually been making something of an effort to avoid nightclubs as of late. Last time he'd ventured into one, he had poured his heart out a little too much to a couple of strangers. Conceptually, that wasn't actually all that big a deal to him, but the risk of putting himself off-guard in a place like this was too much for personal comfort. He was at his best when his mind was sharp, and the minds of others were… less so.

Even still, he wanted to avoid too much mischief tonight, for fear of pissing off the gracious hosts more than anything. Maybe just this once, no tricks, no swindlings?

Nah, that was unlikely. Levi just couldn't help himself.

He took a drink of whiskey, and touched a cigarette to his lips, turning to study the crowd milling about the club. People watching. If nothing else, there was a colorful cast of characters here tonight, sure to make for an entertaining scene. There were no concerns for him tonight. After all, he had no outstanding warrants on Coruscant.

Everlight Nightclub
Tags: Butcher, Gula the Hutt Gula the Hutt , Estrella Io, Open

"I don't understand."

Oni frowned as the masked man stepped closer to him. He wasn't bothered by the threats. It was the lack of human decency that upset him. Still, he didn't want to draw his blade, not yet at least. There was something strange about the Force around the man, but he couldn't quite tell what that entailed. For now, he'd simply talk.

"This man has slaves," Oni protested, loud enough for anyone in the surrounding vicinity to hear. "And you allow this in your establishment?"

As he said this, Oni prepared himself for a possible attack, letting the Force flow through him. Strangely, it seemed to not be as strong around this man. Somehow, the masked individual was lessening the effects of the Force. The swordsman took a mental note of that as he stared the man in the eyes, unflinching.

EVERLIGHT
Horus Rhyne Horus Rhyne Butcher
o4Uqorl.png

Flint's sour expression twisted slowly in confusion. He scratched a horn, clearly irritated.

"Choy?" the alien bared his fangs at Horus, "Sie batha ne beechee? Speak slagwa, wermo."

Born and raised on Nar Shaddaa, huttese was his native tongue. Flint knew enough basic to get by, but this spoiled aristocrat mangled a lot of big fancy words with his ridiculous Core accent. It took the devaronian some time to string together those few phrases he understood. More lightning arced over his clenched fists.

Then Flint tilted his head back and laughed before wrapping one arm around the human's neck in a rough hug. He waved at no one in particular, relishing how the mere appearance of friendly association with such an obvious bastard would hurt a man like Horus far more than any punch.

"Nopa tomorrow," Flint hissed in his ear, "Talk soon."

He sniffed as if the pirate could smell a fight brewing. Fangs widened into a crooked grin.

"Jeedai trouble," he grunted, "Best handle it afore the Butcher skochas him."

Last edited:

Kyell Laysel

K

Tag: Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

Kyell was all smiles, as he sat by the bar and watched Miri's hands closely to try and understand what she was trying to sign him. Perhaps it was a little strange he hadn't learned sign language before, given that he was a mute, but it was also a lot more fun to learn it with someone else, so in hindsight, it had been a good decision to wait with it.

<Hey you're picking it up really quickly,> he said after he chuckled at a slightly misformed sentence she tried to sign. But there was no mistake in the [I love you] that followed, <It's an important one to know.> He flashed another smile, signed an [I love you too] in return, and turned on his stool to grab his drink from the bar counter.

All of this was still a little odd to him, and not just because they were practicing sign language in a nightclub full of shady people. He had just never been the type to socialize much or surround himself with so many people. But whenever he was with Miri, he could completely separate himself from everything and just focus on the one thing that mattered.

So after taking a sip from his drink, he turned back to her.

<Alright, let's see...> He took a moment to think and began to move his hands with a smile. [You look cute,] he began, referring to the rosy cheeks and way she looked at him, [And I'm happy you're here with me.] Perhaps he was being a little too romantic or cheesy for a night out in a club, but he felt it was important that she knew how much it meant to him.

<So uh, do you want to show me how to dance before or after you can't stand straight on your feet anymore?> he teased while he took another sip of his own drink.

The art of dancing in the light
"Let me be frank, there is no word for difficult evening in my vocabulary, there are words like : pain , loss , fear , death , but the term heavy evening is completely absent from it. I am a pretty simple girl in this matter, despite the fact that this place is in some sense temporarily inhabited by a huge number of men, for me it does not create any problems, rather a small psychological barriers that, if necessary, I will overcome with the greatest pleasure. In your case there is tension and even very reasoned hatred towards the presence of a certain number of slaves with the Hutts member, to which I can offer a couple of remedies of a very different nature to eliminate the pains each of them will be aimed at. The first is a little dance, the second is your desire to sit all alone, something that needs to be thought about deeply , the third is a heart-to-heart talk, though I'm not sure you'll start your ballad about life so easily, but you'll have to start somewhere. And the fourth option is a variation on actualising your personal right to do whatever you want in the frames of morality. The perfect option, for those who don't need any prompting or conscientious advices from outsiders like me! That is the way things currently appear to my very narrow understanding of the situation that has arisen!" Neryn finished her all too unfortunate lengthy speech and settled down to a "sweet fizzy orange flavoured drink", listening to the pleasant vibration of the bubbles and their acrobatic leaps which they performed almost every second! Though it was a little childish, Neryn found something to do and enjoy in even the simplest of activities. "I forgot to mention my full name is Naivia Neryn, but everyone calls me Neryn. I have no official title, just the usual crazy peaceful traveller through worlds and star systems, nothing to show off, so to speak. What's your name?" After the question Neryn looked around the entire restaurant again and sighed sadly, there was no way she could apply her force even to troll anyone here, this is not a semi-inhabited planet near the outer rings of the galaxy where you can do anything with whole kilometres of uninhabited space, This is a peaceful establishment in the heart of a giant planet, you have to behave 'at the level' here, although some of the visitors who came to the club certainly had some problems with that, although Neryn tried not to notice this and smiled sweetly at everyone who passed near the place where she was sitting now.
Neryn's thoughts: "It's certainly not the best place I've spent my evenings in, but the local owners have a particular taste and sense of style. I love hanging out here! Hopefully I'll meet some equally amazing personas of all genders and races! Hopefully no fighting tonight...otherwise I'll have to get out of here somehow, saving those who can't defend themselves! Peace above knowledge and everything! That's the motto for today! I just wish there're were more ladies with whom i can joke around and be a little bit more sincere with because I would love to get more tips on the dresses and other important accessories which make up the image of former aristocracy like me!

Srina Talon Srina Talon

Tags: Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek
Yeah, he was definitely trying to figure her out. The moment their eyes and hands connected, Kara could hear Old Man Vexer’s voice echoing in her ear. It was a lesson he taught all of them as kids, on how to figure out some basics about whoever you were meeting.

A soldier, especially one that led others, needed to be capable of analysing situations while in the middle of a conflict. Took a great deal of focus to accomplish that, while having explosions and general chaos erupting around you.

Vexer; the retired soldier that he was, had squished that down to a much smaller, sociable scale. You looked at how the person stood or sat, to gauge their mood. The look in their eyes could either tell a lot, or very little. And if there was a handshake involved, then the strength behind it gave hints towards their intention.

He's definitely a soldier.

I could be the worst one here, and just not look like it. How would you know?” Kara said, her glass of whiskey obscuring the grin on her face. She took a sip, letting out a content sigh as she downed the familiar alcohol. Yeah, she had certainly missed this.

The blonde looked at Aiden again, curious to see what other conclusions the man could come to. But eventually, she relented and answered.

I’m a Jedi actually.” She spoke a tad bit quieter then, just so the wrong folks didn’t overhear the words.

<Hey you're picking it up really quickly.>

<Of course you say that after I make a mistake.> At the risk of being spotted by an outside observer who knew sign language, she replied [I love you more,] as if it were a competition.

Cheesy indeed, but who cares? Not Miri. Especially not after two drinks.

[So am I.] Shorter phrases were easier to remember. She still preferred the privacy of telepathy, and the ability to communicate even abstract ideas and images, but this would work.

<Oh yeah, that’s right, we were going to dance!> She stood up, taking his hand. <Finally!>

The last time they had tried, it had ended in disaster. This wasn’t exactly ballroom dancing, but Miri was determined to show him somehow, one way or another.

Leading him by the hand toward the dancefloor, she paused only momentarily, sensing what she thought was a familiar presence ( Levi Levi ). But almost as quickly as it appeared, the presence winked out, her ability to sense others vanishing altogether as her Force connection dissolved into static.

There it goes again,” she muttered, her voice swallowed up by the music. They wouldn’t need to talk while dancing... and the Devaronian thief would live to die another day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom