Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Opening of Everlight (ATTN: Anyone looking to party)

gfaqYfL.png

Yula Perl Yula Perl
Levi blinked. Then sneered as the implication finally seemed to make impact, "I-I beg your pardon?" Aghast that she would so brazenly make such a random accusation, and admit to those past doings entirely unprompted within the same breath, the devaronian found himself in a rare moment of not knowing what to say.

"Good gods, woman, I think you've had a bit too much to drink," Levi finally uttered, downing his own glass. Not a moment later, he ordered another. It was definitely going to be one of those nights. He dipped his head down and shut his eyes in a moment of reprieve from the noise and lights, when Yula seemed to have an unnecessary change of heart.

The con artist's eyes flared open at her proposition, and he looked up at her incredulously, "Five hundred?! Are you mad?! And I thought I was a scammer!" Levi scoffed and shook his head. Maybe it would be best to leave before things got even more obnoxious, but as he touched his drink to his lips, reality seemed to sink in, "…Is it really that easy?" This man's entire career was built upon swindling the hard-earned money out of the galaxy's many suckers. Meanwhile, if this woman was to be believed (which is admittedly a hard sell as is), then she was raking in cash by the hundreds with minimal effort.

"Mhmm." Yula was leaning heavily now, elbow on the bar top, head cradled in her hand. "Course, it doesn't start out that way. Gotta build up a clientele. Then once you're in demand, gotta create the illusion of exclusivity." She wriggled her fingers for effect. Either she had a brief cloud of sobriety, or was playing up just how much she'd really had to drink. "Jack up the prices or make it subscription only. Offer one-on-one chats, but have someone ghostwrite for you."

She extended a hand to the barkeep, opening and closing her fist in a signal for another drink. Beer, this time. Something she could nurse.

"Surprised a scammer doesn't know 'bout all this." She closed her eyes, then opened one, squinting at Levi. "Alien feet have their niche, too. You'd probably do pretty well." Yula leaned over slightly, as if to inspect the goods.

Levi Levi

Tags: Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek | Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji
Kara wanted to bite back a retort, one didn’t need spice to try and chill, to de-stress. It was a risky hill that you’re liable to fall down once you started using that stuff. She had seen it more than enough to know to steer clear of it.

Neither herself or Aiden took the offered vial, leaving the Shistavanen to place it on the bartop between them. From the looks of the shrug that followed, the message came across and the man walked away.

Kara had to refrain from rolling her eyes too much. But her attention was quickly returned to Aiden as the Corellian grinned at her.

Oh, is that right?” She replied with a grin of her own. Kara followed suit, downing the last of her drink. Much rather enjoy some more drinks with company, other falling down a spice pitfall.

I’m very interested in another round.

Kara signalled the bartender, asking for a repeat of their previous drinks. She also shuffled the vial of giggledust over, requesting that they dispose of it.

Levi listened with puzzlement, but also genuine curiosity; Intermittently nodding his head along as he processed each piece of information. Is that what the kids were doing these days? The possibility that such a simple method of revenue had passed him by all this time was nearly enough to initiate a second mid-life crisis.

Her follow up comment returned him to the present, “I’m not quite caught up on the latest youth trends of con artistry, I’m afraid,” Levi admitted with some solemnity. She peered over, and though his feet were hidden underneath booths he still made some futile attempt to hide them by crossing one leg behind the other, “Perhaps were I a bit younger I might have taken up that opportunity. Alas,” He gulped down the rest of his drink. The devaronian had an exotic, flashy sort of beauty in his heyday. But now he had grown into a more refined, gentlemanly sense of decorum. Also he was old. So to him, that opportunity had already slipped by. “This has been rather eye-opening discussion, nonetheless."

gfaqYfL.png

div1.png
"I'm very interested in another round."

Aiden grinned wide and turned to the bartender as she placed their order. With another nod, he signaled to have the drinks be put on his tab again — a small benefit to not really living an expensive life. He always had plenty of credits to spare for moments like this.

"Careful though, the whiskey can hit pretty hard, and you definitely won't be able to drive back home," he warned her but in a slightly challenging way. Not that he wanted to see her go too far with drinks, but loosening up more and more would definitely be fun.

"And walking down these streets alone after some drinks can be... dangerous," He continued as the bartender placed their drinks in front of them. It was something he sadly had some experience with, as the scars on his cheek probably showed. "But something to worry about later..." he trailed off and turned his eyes to the dancefloor. "You thought about dancing? Or not much of a dancer?"

CgnEpiW.png

Her reaction was quite interesting.

Exarch of the Confederacy.

But apparently Srina did not consider herself a ruler. Was that naivety, humility, a combination of both or something else entirely? Horus wasn't entirely sure and he knew better than to poke at it. They didn't know each other. And for Butcher's necklace she was still an all-powerful force user. It wouldn't surprise him if she could squash him like a bug with just an errant thought.

Chilling, but also? Exciting. It only underlined to himself that he had a long way to go.

He just hadn't imagined he'd meet one of the so-called legends on the opening of his nightclub.

"My mistake, Srina." Horus murmured softly before taking another sip and offering a little shrug. "Servant then." It was clear, however, that he didn't particularly buy into it. No, the one fixing his drink was a servant, Srina? Was not that and never would be. Try to imagine the Echani pouring him a drink with a coy expression and servitude.

It just didn't fit the image.

"Oh, I don't think you will ever be anything other than unique." Added slyly to her question of weirdness. This would presumably make her laugh since as an Echani... well... unique was the last thing she was.

Perhaps that was on purpose on his part.

"But yes, with a real drink in hand, fungus and all, you certainly seem more the part." He waved her next question away. "Come now, tomorrow the HoloNet will be filled with pictures of myself and the former Exarch of the C.I.S. I couldn't have asked for a better way to boost my reputation." It would certainly send the tongues waggling in the Black Sun.

He had already declared himself Vigo of Coruscant even though other Black Sun elements were still playing around the district.

This would strengthen his bark.

"I do wonder- what is it that you do all day, now that you no longer have a nation to serve? Anything interesting keeping your attention?"

It almost seemed like Horus was playing a game.

Srina Talon Srina Talon

testing3.gif

| E V E R L I G H T |
| CORUSCANT |

Tag: Horus Rhyne Horus Rhyne

"Better.", she amended, lightly, though not even she remained ignorant to his disbelief. It wasn't something that she sought to correct further because it seemed that most wouldn't grasp the concept of being a servant to the people, versus, ruling them with an iron fist. The things that she had done over the past decade to keep the Southern Systems intact were oft unspoken. History recalled victory. The remaining people recalled the great catastrophe that chased them from their homes—But they also still whispered of the Echani that would descend when called and punish those that stood against them. Without question—Without mercy. It was such a beautiful lie.

Her memory had been whittled down to a terrifying spirit. A warning, and a threat.

None recalled the sacrifices that were paid in blood. Even fewer knew the things that she had given up—The things that had been taken from her. The pieces of herself that she had given freely for the betterment of the whole. Conscience, among them.

Srina shook her head again when Mr. Rhyne referred to her as "unique" and the corners of her lips twitched. It wasn't the same silvery laugh that she had released before, but it was something. To those that knew the typically expressionless woman, it was more of a reaction than most garnered. Moving the pale woman was akin to moving a mountain barehanded. "I suppose that it is your duty as the proprietor of Everlight to be complimentary to your guests so they will spend more...But, let me remind. I ordered water."

They both knew, from his tone, and the obvious—That he was speaking in jest.

She eyed the drink again, though, held off for the time being. She shifted delicately on the comfortable barstool and internally grimaced at the thought of being recognized and photographed. Srina had never liked the spotlight. Often, she remained distant, far away, to avoid such notoriety. It wasn't a lack of ambition—She merely valued her privacy. "If it is as you wish it, I will remain as I am."

"Though—How will you prove it was the former Exarch and not one of my sisters? A clone?"

Both things existed.

Srina knew enough about her host to keep her guard, but, not so much that she could really discern his methods or motives. He seemed to want what everyone else on Coruscant vied for. Power. He simply had a different way of going about it. "Perhaps rumor is enough."

It was true. Often, the galaxy focused not on the real truth but on the first lie they heard. Assumptions and misgivings were often born of such poor habits. Mr. Rhyne might just be skilled enough to make such things work in his favor rather than against it. At the question of what she did with her time her head tilted, though, she didn't respond right away. The default response involved "nothing that concerns you" but that felt more than a little discourteous.

"I do as I please, Mr. Rhyne."

And there was none, no nation, no authority—No one brave enough to stop her.

She breathed in lightly, also, noting that the response might have not been socially acceptable. It was the truth, however. Srina was no longer bound to the millions of hands holding onto her apron strings—Pulling her backward. The Echani warrior had once thought while Naboo burned that this was how it all ended. That, staring into a hollow sky, was the way her life would come to a close.

Srina had been wrong.

"I have my own ventures. But, as I am currently aiding your reputation…I would like something from you.", Srina leaned a little closer, perhaps, adding a touch of scandal for the Holo-Net in the morning. Her pale smile was ghostly. Not there, not fully, and hardly amused—but beguilingly mysterious all the same. "I do believe it is called…reciprocation?"

CgnEpiW.png

"Mmhm, rumor is enough." Horus both answered her question and confirmed her suspicion.

Then a sly grin.

"I'd even say that rumor is better than fact. If it sets the tongues a-buzzing? It will be weeks of gossip and rumor-mills, whereas a fact won't get much more than a simple statement on the HoloNet Entertainment News section." Almost like it had been planned this way. Which was not the case, of course. The sign of a true networker was being able to notice an opportunity and coaxing out the best potential out of it.

It wouldn't matter to everyone... or perhaps not even to many.

But at least a handful of his rivals would now be worried. Did Horus have a friend in the Confederate remnants?

"Do you?" Horus would point out this was more the sign of a ruler than a servant, but there was no reason to displease a person. "That's something we both have in common then. I, too, do as I please."

When she leaned in it intrigued him.

Partially Horus wondered if this was a good idea.

But already the man found himself lean in a fraction. As if they were sharing a sweet secret between one another.

"I am nothing if not generous with my friends, Srina. Please... how can I reciprocate?"

Srina Talon Srina Talon

testing3.gif

| E V E R L I G H T |
| CORUSCANT |

Srina shook her head.

People were so malleable. It was no small wonder that she preferred the company of droids when everything was said and done. At the very least—They were predictable. Even when rampant a droid was oft limited by the horizons of its processor if not it's programming. Sentient creatures were driven by the most basic of needs. Hunger. An inherent need, a desire, for more. Everlight was a perfect example of that wanton craving. It only took one glance, to see spice moving, and a variety of colors gyrating on the dance floor. Even the Jedi…They wanted to connect.

"That's disappointing."

Her words were spoken, truly, from the heart. Part of her wanted to give the Holo-Net something to talk about but the remembrance of her purpose held her tongue. Mr. Rhyne seemed to want the memory of some imagined behemoth to stir the pot. He hadn't asked for actual mayhem. It was a pity—As Srina was well-versed in both arenas. "The last time I was on Coruscant someone very confused had set a slew of mercenaries to bring me in alive for a bounty. I tend to react… strongly…when someone appears to be coming for my head and I'm not entirely sure why, but I certainly didn't decimate city blocks. This time, I can only wonder what the tabloids will fabricate."

The trail of bodies that she'd left behind had been dispelled as "rumor" among authorities but it still made her sigh heavily. The mercenaries had been dealt with; but the property damage was minimal at worst. At the question of whether or not she acted on her own accord, another laugh slipped from her. He was the strange one, truly. "I do. Would you like to try ordering me around, Mr. Rhyne?"

"I doubt that, very much."

It was possible. A man of his intellect would probably laugh and decline—But there was likely some part of him that would like to try. He simply wouldn't enjoy the consequences. Nevertheless, she remained where she was when he leaned in her direction and let her words settle amongst the scent of too-expensive alcohol and churning lights. "I need you…"

"…To broker a deal."

It had occurred to Srina that her way of doing things might have gotten the job done, but it also wasn't the quietest approach. Since she was acting the part of a businesswoman tonight, the Echani thought that she might take advantage of it. Mr. Rhyne was the owner of Everlight—But if her informants were worth half their mettle, he was far more than that. Something so simple as a peaceful transaction should be well within his wheelhouse. "I would like to try things your way. Find the Hutt that you dismissed tonight. Inform him that you have an anonymous buyer for the indentured servants in his company this evening and all held within his entourage on Coruscant. He will sell their debt, to me, at top market price regardless age, sex, or condition."

Her words might have been made of silk but there was a definitive edge that wouldn't be missed by anyone with ears. For all of the softness she portrayed within Everlight, the femininity, the delicate gestures, and diminutive height—There was something beneath the surface that inherently shrieked of danger. It wasn't just the Force that thrummed just beneath the surface of her skin, nor, was it the fact that she could kill him before his heart could next beat. It was too easy to die. To easy to be killed, in Galactic City. She was not entirely a Sith Lord of old, nor, was she born of some eldritch horror. Srina was something new; something other—And words would never measure up.

"You must ensure he accepts my offer, this kindness, Mr. Rhyne. It is more than fair."

CgnEpiW.png

A soft smile there when she asked him if he'd like to order her around.

And then immediately answered for him.

Horus let that sit there for one heartbeat, two, and then gently shrugged. "Once you ask for it, I will gladly order you around, Srina." The tone was as innocent as could be, but the eyes told a different tale. They challenged. It was pretty clear that Horus was a suicidal creature. How else could you explain being a regular nobleman with no Force powers (as far as anyone knew anyway) and being so bold with a powerful force user?

One that had armies at her call at that.

But... you gotta live a little.

His finger tips ticked on the table as he kept leaning in and listening. His eyebrows rose as her request took shape and became clear. Dangerous currents in this creature, she could kill him without breaking a sweat and yet...

She was still on about the slaves indentured servants?

"I see..." Srina was right however. It was not outside his wheelhouse. Such things could be made whole, but it would be a pain in the ass. "Well, then..." Murmured back quietly as Horus pondered this. "Why don't we go somewhere more private. My office, perhaps. And we can discuss the exact terms before I decide if this is something I would like to do."

Already sliding off his chair and offering an arm to her.

She could decline and go hunt for the Hutt herself, but this would be so much more convenient, wouldn't it?

Srina Talon Srina Talon

testing3.gif

| E V E R L I G H T |
| CORUSCANT |

She chuckled again. It was a rarity. A true, clear, crystalline laugh that turned more than a few heads.

Who said the denizens of Coruscant weren't exceedingly humorous? She recognized a challenge when issued, as any good Echani would, but found the lack of self-preservation exceedingly amusing. How did he intend to survive Galactic City if his tongue moved without thought or concern for the head it was attached to? "You speak of the impossible, Mr. Rhyne. I would entreat you not to wait for that to become true—"

She seemed almost apologetic.

"—Your species simply does not live long enough."

Whether or not she considered him greater or lesser because of her affinity to the Force would not become clear without a direct question being asked. She could assume, certainly, but she rarely considered it a factor in her ventures. Most beings in the galaxy could be killed just as easily in a head-on collision in a skylane, let alone, by invisible energy that they could neither see nor defend against. In a way, they were all very, very fragile.

Every being had at least one thing that made them move, regardless, how small it seemed. A few slaves being carted around by a seething, rolling, detestable slug with just enough sentience to grant them rights over gutter-rats might not have meant anything to Horus Rhyne—But it meant something to her. She had served a nation for a decade that swore off such practices. Just because it had fallen didn't mean that Srina had forsaken every ideal. Some of them, simply naturally aligned.

It was curious, however. Her head tilted when Mr. Rhyne seemed to balk at such a simple request. Their heads were still quite close while they spoke and she was more than certain his reputation was enjoying every bit of it. Srina was not unaware that he had an avid audience that all seemed to want his attention. From dancing girl to thug. Her presence probably kept them away.

And kept them talking.

"If it is something you cannot do you need only say so.", she murmured in response to his suggestion that they take the conversation elsewhere. Srina glanced down at the clock-face on her holo before accepting or denying his request. She still had hours before her contact was set to arrive. If they arrived. It had been their idea to make the trade on even ground and this was as neutral as it was going to get on Coruscant. The seemingly delicate woman slid from the barstool with even grace, almost, as if her heeled feet barely touched the floor. The offered arm was…Grudgingly, accepted. Rhyne would feel her touch to be lighter than air, but, with an impossible weight.

It was just one more thing for his people to gossip over.

"It seems that I increase your reputation moment by moment. I will accompany you, as you wish, but my terms are very simple. You will either broker the deal—Or you will not."

Either response was acceptable. Should the proprietor deny her peaceable attempts at achieving her goals Srina would simply fall back to simpler times, her own way, and that might very well land the authorities on the doorstep. After all, where were both parties last seen?

"You need not strain yourself if my understanding of your abilities was misplaced."

Not to mention, that if his security was worth their pay; they might take exception to their master disappearing with a fae-witch that could crack his skull. With, or without the Force. Perhaps he would arrange for a quaint little chaperone.

As if that would help.

CgnEpiW.png

She certainly was something, wasn't she?

Somehow it didn't ward him off however. Instead? It made him more interested.

But perhaps that was normal for those in his station. You were so used to being handed everything on a silver platter... it made the alternative far more tasty as a result. It was no wonder he left his noble life behind to become a supporter of the working unions on Coruscant. It had been difficult, very much so, but oh so gratifying as a result.

"Oh, you are fun." Horus said with a chuckle as he guided her away from the bar towards a private set of stairs. "I can do what you ask." At least if the Hutt turned out to be reasonable.

"But it's not just a matter of yes or no, Srina. The Huttese are a very proud people. We should discuss the specifics a bit more in private, before we step into a sticky situation."

Or oily... or blubbery.

Srina Talon Srina Talon

Tags: Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek
"Careful though, the whiskey can hit pretty hard, and you definitely won't be able to drive back home,"

That was pretty much the idea, getting hit hard with the alcohol to just be able to forget Ilum for a little while. Although, Kara hadn’t a plan in mind for getting back home. Certainly wasn’t going to be back to the Jedi Temple, that was for sure. There was a cosy little place she could crash in, owned by an old friend that had a number of them dotted about the galaxy.

Provided she could remember the security code by then.

Well, that’s why cabs were invented.” She chuckled, glancing over at Aiden. He was speaking stuff Kara knew well enough. Many nights during her teenage years going to clubs, drinking and dancing the night away.

But those were simpler times, compared to now when she just wanted to forget things.

Kara grabbed her drink, taking a sip before noticing Aiden had turned his attention to the dancefloor. The blonde grinned, as she turned in her chair to look towards the spot.

Hmm, it’s been a while since I last danced. But I’d say I’m pretty decent.” She looked over at the Corellian, flashing him a challenging smirk. “What about you, soldier boy? How’s your footwork?

testing3.gif

| E V E R L I G H T |
| CORUSCANT |

An elegant eyebrow arched just slightly at the notion of being called “fun” in any capacity. The butterfly hold that she had on his offered arm tightened, only slightly, but it would allow Rhyne to feel the presence of silent steel behind carefully maintained glass. “You are very much so mistaken.”, Srina corrected, moving past the throngs of people as if they weren’t even there. Her every movement seemed to emulate water curving around a boulder. It never stopped, ever flowing. “I’ve been accused of many things. Being fun, is not one of them.”

If he could do what she asked?

“Then you will do as I ask.”

Her words were far firmer than they had any right to be. Mr. Rhyne was indeed a smart man. The pale Echani might not have had the backing of the Southern Systems any longer but that didn’t mean her network had fallen into disrepair. She had traveled far and wide in the name of the Confederacy and left many impressions. Some, more favorable than others. But some…Some would act on her behalf before she even thought to require it. He bandied small terms, affirmative, negative, and her head rolled back slightly. This was the part of business deals that she hated. “They are proud—I am determined.”

The private staircase that he led them toward was easily ascended. In Everlight—Horus Rhyne was essentially the ruler of his own domain. Small. But, growing. Her voice was light while the music began to fade and the white noise of so many people talking at the same time began to dissipate. It made Srina aware of a headache that she hadn’t even realized existed. Even that, seemed to lessen.

“You may think my approach unreasonable…But I can assure you, that it is. The Hutt will need to choose what it is that he holds most dear. Survival, or pride. If he does not bend to your wisdom...”

The ivory-clad woman released a delicate sigh and allowed herself to be led. At least, for now. If Mr. Rhyne wished her harm he could have done so back at the bar. If he was foolish enough to test his mettle against her, she would oblige, but that didn’t seem necessary. More than anything the proprietor seemed curious. Amused. Srina, viewed the incident as only a Sith could.

Absolutes.

“If he does not bend…He will fall victim to the fate of all things that do not bend.”

A voice in the back of his mind whispered the answer to the unspoken riddle. Whether or not she placed that thought there would be up to the ether—But Rhyne would hear it, void stone, or not.

|| b r e a k ||

Last edited:

gfaqYfL.png

div1.png
"Hmm, it's been a while since I last danced. But I'd say I'm pretty decent." She looked over at the Corellian, flashing him a challenging smirk. "What about you, soldier boy? How's your footwork?"

The challenging smirk did not escape him, so he shifted off his stool and offered her a hand, "Join me and I'll show you," he said with a confident and inviting grin. He wasn't just all talk — he had actually made sure he could back it up, so there was no hesitation or embarrassment from his side.

So if she decided to accept the offer, he'd guide her over to the crowded dancefloor.

In a club like this, most of the music was fairly upbeat and fast-paced, but that didn't matter. He knew how to move well enough to lead the dance and after a couple of drinks, he was definitely loosened up a little more. "Come on, show me those Jedi moves," he said as his steps brought him really close to her, allowing him to lower his voice so only she could hear him. He then winked and stepped back again, but his eyes never left her.

He wanted to see if she could actually let loose for a night.

Damn that grin of his.

She had barely got the glass to her lips, when the Corellian stood up from his seat. Her small smirk had been returned in kind with that grin of his. Confidence in abundance, but it was more than apparent the soldier could back it up.

Kara had come here tonight with a simple plan. Unwind with a few drinks, and keep a watchful eye out for any underage Padawans that might’ve tried to sneak in. Fortunately, the latter hadn’t happened, or if they had then well…she had been distracted.

But she wasn’t going to say no to such an invitation.

With one final swig of her drink, Kara accepted Aiden’s hand and let herself be drawn to the dancefloor.

"Come on, show me those Jedi moves,"

The sudden close contact had Kara’s cheeks burning red, looking up at Aiden’s green eyes. But then just like that, he had stepped away with a wink. The man was a tease, and he knew it full well.

Internally, a part of Kara was amused, because her mind had been on a similar path to Aiden’s words. Since she had started her training with a lightsaber, she had found the act of it almost like a dance. Albeit, training was more of a stricter, fairer ordeal than a real fight. But there was an elegance to one’s footwork when it came to wielding the weapon of a Jedi.

What would Valery think of me right now, using that training to dance at a nightclub?

But Kara found herself not caring too much, as she very quickly fell into the beat of the music. A professional dancer she might not be, but she knew how to move. The alcohol had broken down the barriers of hesitation and embarrassment. It was clear this wasn’t her first time on a dance floor, especially with a dance partner. If Aiden could tease, then she’d match him.

Her intentions had been to just unwind with a few drinks. To try and drown out the memories of Ilum that were no doubt going to haunt her. Even if it was for a single night, it would be enough. She hadn’t expected to spend it with company, but it had already made the night much more enjoyable.

gfaqYfL.png

div1.png
It seemed his invitation sparked the reaction he had been hoping for. She knew how to dance, wasn't afraid to show it anymore, and her graceful movements made it very difficult not to stare. For all the teasing he had thrown her way this night, Kara knew exactly how to return the favor, and the playful smirk that touched his lips showed the effect it had on him.

For a few minutes, he just joined her in the dancing, allowing himself to get lost in the rhythm of the music, the swaying of her body, and the way their eyes met on the dancefloor. There was a connection he could feel even without being sensitive to the Force, and it sure as hell wasn't just the alcohol.

He could get lost staring into those grey eyes forever.

Finally, Aiden closed the distance again, this time stepping entirely into her personal space before a hand slowly came up towards her face. His thumb gently settled on her cheek while the other fingers wrapped underneath her chin to softly pull it up. He smiled, kept their eyes locked for a second, and slowly leaned in with closed eyes to press his lips against her own. Perhaps a bold move, considering they had just met, but it felt right to him.

For this one night, they could both get lost in each other's rhythm.

At some point practically everything drowned out for Kara, all aside from the music and Aiden. They danced, both together and apart, but never breaking eye contact for too long. Anyone else on the dancefloor was just a blur, her focus only on the Corellian.

Tonight had been unexpected, but a welcoming one all the same. It reminded Kara of the old times, before she was thrust into the world of the Jedi and the Force. Ilum had been that ‘trial by fire’, her first true taste of what this life would be like.

A part of her wanted to run from it, but another-

Kara’s line of thought was interrupted as Aiden suddenly drew her close. Hand reaching up to her cheek, gently raising it so she was looking up into his eyes. She melted into the kiss, and returned it in kind.

Wait, what was she thinking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom