Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omega Protectorate & Omega Pyre Q&A and Recruitment Ad

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

I'm not here to talk about the Fringe or the One Sith. They're bad people. They're supposed to genocide planets.

I'm askin' why you folks are okay with your buddies doing it, considerin' your "good people" status and whatnot.

[member="Gerion Ardik"]
I think 'good people' is a label they wouldn't use.

It was war, it happened over 6 years ago, and the Mando who ordered it is no longer active.

What does history remember more; the bombing of Dresden or the Holocaust?

The latter is indeed terrible, but it's war. Everyone just accepts it when the Sith does it, but everyone's surprised when their enemy does something even vaguely related.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Valiens Nantaris said:
[member="Gerion Ardik"]
I think 'good people' is a label they wouldn't use.

It was war, it happened over 6 years ago, and the Mando who ordered it is no longer active.

What does history remember more; the bombing of Dresden or the Holocaust?

The latter is indeed terrible, but it's war. Everyone just accepts it when the Sith does it, but everyone's surprised when their enemy does something even vaguely related.
Who is accepting the SIth for doing evil things? Pretty sure 99% of people on the board will tell you that the Sith are Evil, or at the very least evolutionary elitists. I understand the whole "Hey, it's war" thing, but comparing to the Sith to the Omega Protectorate is a flawed perspective. Because if Omegans are willing to "do whatever it takes" or however you want to phrase it than how are they any different than the Sith? How are they not the "Evil" or "Bad guy" faction? And why would they not accept Sith into their ranks

Noah Corek said:
What About Force Users? We do not discriminate against force users, well except for Sith of course.

While not being afraid to adopt Sith Tactics?

*aggressively sips tea*
This is gettin real interesting right here. Oh joy.

Do y'all wanna hear my take on things? If ya don't, stop reading.
What the Mandos did was frakked up. Like, seriously. However, the One Sith is a massive, active beast (IC and OOC). Can the Protectorate take them down all by ourselves? Nah, bruh, nah. Does that mean that we're willing to accept questionable allies? Yes, for the mean time. The Mandalorians are (at the moment) our friends. As was mentioned before, they're also under new leadership. As long as they don't repeatedly do such horrid things, I imagine our alliance will be fairly stable up until the Sith are defeated, if they are.

Once (if) the Sith get removed from the equation, I assume that whatever Mandalorians broke the Rules of Conduct for war will be addressed. Either the Mando'ade will be asked to punish their own members for being dishonorable (Mandos love honor) or, if it comes down to it, their crimes will be addressed by our government. That might shake things up or it might be totally chill.

If the new Mandalorian leadership takes drastic, dishonorable actions, than I doubt we'll accept it. The One Sith are our enemies, not the One Sith's citizens (plenty of which do not want to be citizens).

*Briefly returns to life.*

It's very easy for the Sanctum, the SJO and all the little two bit factions to be on their high horse considering they've never done anything.

If they were in the Mandos or Republic's position they'd be forced to fight a total war. But by hiding, by abdicating responsibility on the fringe of the galaxy they're able to pass judgement on us.

But if the Republic and the Mandalorians and the Protectorate falls, who will shield your shiny and happy utopias? Will you fight or will you die on the moral high horse? Will you be wiped out by the Sith's genocide smugly satisfied in your own righteousness?
We'll see in time perhaps if you are merely foolish or indeed hypocritical....

Alliances are made and broken on mere convenience and opportunity. Nothing more, nothing less. To claim anything else is fallacy.

Every government performs horrible acts at some time or another, and they all make alliances with even more questionable governments. Fact of life. It may not need to be condoned to be necessary.

I would give the OK to release a nuclear weapon over Coruscant if it guaranteed a One Sith surrender. Sadly it won't. They're worse than the common weed.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
You can say we're 'hiding' all you want, but last I checked none of the Levantine Sanctum left because they were afraid of facing the One Sith. The core group left before or around the time of Tyrin Ardik's Sith Empire, not the breed of Sith the Republic fights now. No one is saying that a person shouldn't fight to defend their people, but there's a fundamental difference between defending one's people and adopting a scorched earth policy, or invading what was largely a dying animal of a nation and glassing one of their most heavily populated planets. You can talk about the SJO and LS "abdicating responsibility", and I can't speak for SJO, but no one group of people can defend the entire galaxy, and assuming that the Republic's safety is the Levantine's primary concern is like saying that Britain should be the United States of America's primary concern. Sure, they have common roots, alliances, and aid each other from time to time, but at the end of the day they are different people in different nations. Many Levantines have aided the Republic in invasions, infiltration, and other methods but in the end it's not the primary concern for most of them.

But at the end of the day this thread isn't about discussing the policies or wars of the Republic, Mandalorians, Levantine Sanctum, Silver Jedi, etc. It's about the Omega Protectorate and how it deals with these entities. So I'll ask [member="Drapeam Nyx"], because thusfar she's been the one most keen on keeping the conversation on the Omega Protectorate rather than accusing the (in)actions of others.

The glassing of Dromund Kass took place during the last dying breaths of the Old Sith Empire, back when the One Sith was an unknown(IC) entity behind closed doors. Why weren't ties cut then during relative peacetime, or if they were why were they rekindled? And you talk about the Mandalorians helping OP to take down the One Sith, which is an admirable goal, but OP's history of dealing with the One Sith is sparse, with a failed invasion of Coruscant and Cira's rescue being the only actions against the OS in my recent(though probably flawed) memory. I'm not asking for details or battle plans, but are you expecting a more offensive strategy or policy towards the One Sith from the Protectorate in the future?

[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Well, this is an interesting talk! It's always good when people can get so engaged. Though I think a debate thread might be more fitting than having this talk in a faction ad.

Jaxton Ravos said:
but OP's history of dealing with the One Sith is sparse, with a failed invasion of Coruscant and Cira's rescue being the only actions against the OS in my recent(though probably flawed) memory.

Those were the only large-scale actions, you're correct there. Siobhan and HK-36 were at the First Battle of Coruscant along with NPC OP minions, likewise at the Second Battle of Alderaan with Coryth Elaris. Though admittedly Siobhan's connection to OP is peripheral these days.

Stating the obvious here....

This is a faction advertisement. Not a political debate. That is what discussion threads are for not faction ads, guys. Move it elsewhere if you want to have this discussion. This isn't the place.

[member="Coryth Elaris"]
My sincerest apologies, Master Elaris. I'll refrain from further debate in this thread.
However, if anyone does wish to ask general questions about OP itself, I am available to try and answer as well as I can. If I can't I can direct people to someone who would be able to answer better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom