Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omega Protectorate & Omega Pyre Q&A and Recruitment Ad

[member="Noah Corek"] [member="Sarge Potteiger"]

I'm a fairly atypical Sith. While I do ascribe to the philosophy that power--including that driven by emotion--is used to liberate oneself, I don't believe that means power must always be used to oppress someone else. While coercion can be effective at times, it is rarely a permanent solution of any real meaning--fear only lasts as long as courage can be struck down, and that is never a perfect equilibrium.

If we are asking about my actual ethics, I would say that I am a pragmatist. I'm not what people would call "nice," but I'm not some lunatic who believes every disagreement should be solved via lightsaber impalement. I do not take slaves, but I've been known to kill and assassinate upon occasion.

If you're asking about loyalty, well, suffice to say the only person I held loyalty to has since died, and I respect those who can win, but not simply destroy. A true leader must be able to build as well as burn, lead as well as pillage.

All that having been said, I was trained a Sith. I am no saint. I utilize the dark side, and I use it to my advantage. I am cold, I am cruel, and I am dangerous. I hope I've answered your questions.

Yes, albeit a "grey" Sith in terms of dogma. But thank you for your succinctness. My invitation concerning Dagobah still stands, though. You the fringe, one big party. We just know where we stand now.

Sarge Potteiger said:
Do you consider yourself a Sith, Y/N?
Do you?

I'm contemplating having my mercenary character Pauul Farrlo join, but he's got a certain code. So I guess the question is, reformulating the earlier discussion: in the future, would the Protectorate give or justify orders to use Excessive Force that result in heavy civilian casualties?

Ryan Korr said:
in the future, would the Protectorate give or justify orders to use Excessive Force that result in heavy civilian casualties?

I fail to see how this deals with me being 'Sith' or not.

Total war is total war. We're not going to genocide a planet, but as experienced warfighters we know that civilians casualties are going to happen. General rule of thumb? We want to avoid them.

But if the enemy puts a superweapon in the middle of a neighborhood and the only way to take out said superweapon is to glass the neighborhood. We're gonna glass the neighborhood.

Ryan Korr said:
So I guess the question is, reformulating the earlier discussion: in the future, would the Protectorate give or justify orders to use Excessive Force that result in heavy civilian casualties?
This would very well depend on the situation. If we're doing well in a fight/conflict and our targets aren't Triple-A-Level-Important/Dangerous than we have no need to risk civilian causalities. But if we're doing a last stand against our worst, most deadly foes (think top brass of OS), than it's possible that such an order might be given. It would be done with a heavy conscience and efforts would be made to undo any damage that the order caused.

For Example: Four dozen Red Raven Grunts are causing chaos on one of our less important worlds. One of them threatens to blow a place up. They even have the hostages and explosives to back that up. Do we order someone to blow them up? Nah, bruh. There are easier ways to deal with that. Like sending one of our FUs to do some mind trick or force grab the remote/whatever out of their hands or having a sniper shoot 'em.

But if, let's say, Darth Vornskr and his Blackblades are waging war on an important economic world (or just one that's chill) and they have the power to destroy the place... we're gonna kark them up. If that means orbital bombardment, than we might just do that. We'd obviously try to do whatever results in the least causalities first, but protecting our people and eliminating huge threats is important, yo.

Hevana Martin

Hair-triggered Super Soldier
Civilians die in war. It sucks, they didn't sign up for it, but it happens. There is a difference between killing civilians while attacking a critical target (WW2 atomic bombs) versus causing civilian deaths through stupidity (Corellia). As current OP leadership has very publicly condemned the actions at Corellia, I think its safe to say that won't happen under their watch.

Not that I have a choice either way, I just kill the enemy I'm told to. *starts using her vibroblade to clean the dirt from under her nails*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom