Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OLD Factory Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one question... can Beskar be broken by anything other than itself? If so, what can do this? I ask cause I plan to make a greatsword with enough weight behind it to break a lot of things in it's path.

Mazarr said:
Just one question... can Beskar be broken by anything other than itself? If so, what can do this? I ask cause I plan to make a greatsword with enough weight behind it to break a lot of things in it's path.
This depends on how thick it is (such as plating) and how "pure" this is in just beskar. For example, a starfighter that was plated with "ultrathin" beskar was able to withstand repeated bombardments by turbolasers from opposing capital ships. This isn't to say a sword would feasibly be able to replicate this, as a sword is generally made of a blend of metals to reduce weight in order to make it practical to use, but at the higher end of beskar used in ratio to the rest of materials you can expect a greater resistance.

To directly answer your question, yes, it can be destroyed by means other than beskar. One method would be high heat (metal forges and such) as this is how beskar is formed, another would be a specialized lightsaber, such as Exar Kun's, that has the capacity and power output to, for a short while, increase its cutting ability in order to cut through beskar (this takes quite a long time, do not expect immediate results, especially not on a moving target), and lastly there exist shatterpoints in all things throughout the Starwars universe. While it is easiest (a misleading way to describe a less difficult method) to use the force ability known as shatterpoint to discover and exploit these points, experienced people might know the weakest point on a sword, for example, and if they were at a distance they might use something, such as a sniper rifle, to cause a large degree of concussive force to either crack, and potentially break, the sword, or to at least knock it out of the person's hands.

Mazarr said:
[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]

Very nice answer there. Think a beskar helmet could be cracked by enough strikes and force?
Most helmets are thin to allow less stress on the neck and back, so this is generally the case, yes. The issue you have to worry about with beskar armor, over weaknesses in the armor, are the damages received by concussive force and blunt force trauma. Both of these will vibrate through the metal (as with other metals) and due to its rigidity and strength it will not take the damage for you, meaning those damaging blows will bruise and batter you to no end. For example, you might not lose your head (literally) while wearing a thick beskar helmet, but you will certainly feel the hit and likely retain at least a serious concussion, if not a fractured skull.

That being said, it is always up to the person writing the character who is receiving the hits to decide on how much they should take, if at all. If the attack doesn't seem like it should, it is up to you, or whoever is wearing it, to determine whether or not they should take however varying in damage from such a blow.

Edit: Very nice questions, if I might add.

Mazarr said:
[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]

Alright then, I just needed to know for if I made a greatsword out of... say, Durasteel and used it against a mando
This is rather circumstantial, as I mentioned before, though I don't think you have the best of chances in succeeding in breaking beskar with a durasteel sword.

Did Someone Order a War?
What is the official stance on reverse engineering other people's tech.

Before I make more complicated items I was wondering if people can come along and reverse engineer what i've built, to manufacture them themselves.

An admin answering this would be appreciated. Does it require me for instance dev tech that is resistant to reverse-engineering (tamper proof) or is it naturally fixed that a company or factions tech are their own unless otherwise stated, and that everyone else needs to dev their own?

To be clear not asking if someone can dev or copy a similar design themselves, I'm asking if there'll need to do the same dev work on all the subsystems (engines, weapons etc for ships) that I do to produce it.

you can reverse tech, but still in the submission you must reference the tech that you reverse engineered. Also an FJ can also answer this they are the ones you'll be dealing with directly. But you can't reverse engineer something that's tamper proof. [member="Sere Reene"]

Alexander Priest

Whatever happened to your little Jedi Mind Trick?
What is the lightest metal in this verse? I ask because this character is a Filar-Nitzan and my playby has a sword and shield at all times, and I'd like for them to be there while making sense

Did Someone Order a War?
Company Question.

Shield as a product, can that cover starships and personnel shields, or is that two separate products for a company?

If no:

So you'd need one for personnel armor, one for personnel shields, one for personnel weapons, one for starship weapons, one for starship shields, one for starships? If I have that right, or would starships cover weapons, shields and starship hulls?

At the moment FFE Covers personnel weapons and starship weapons, and I am wondering about the third product for T3. Thanks!

[member="Sere Reene"]
There shouldn't be an issue creating shields designed for starships if you have Shipbuilding listed in your operations. The same goes for making both starship and personnel shields if your operations list shield making as an operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom