Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OLD Factory Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuts and Bolts (Dead, PM Writers Account)
1, Dev Threads, can we do twice as long a dev thread and have two different writers dev 2 technologies for each in it, so it gives people motivation to collaborate?

2, Dev Threads, can we do twice as long a dev thread and dev 2 technologies in it (for the same character), to keep things in one long thread?

Same question but different motivations obviously.

3, How much of a dev thread should I do for a new type of shield/armor combination concept for a vehicle. I know this is like asking how long is a piece of string, but I want a good idea before I start.

4, I've also seen people self deving with one writer, is this acceptable as a general rule?

Thanks for the help.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Fyor Nayus"]

1. Absolutely
2. Again, yes!
3. It depends on what you want the shield and armor to do, generally the stronger it is the longer the dev thread will have to be. I would suggest writing out a long concept for it and PM'ing one of the Factory Judges to ask their opinion, kind of like a pre-factory submission :)
4. Yes it is, but certain things are required to have multiple writer participation, particularly starships.

Nuts and Bolts (Dead, PM Writers Account)
[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Thanks Alric, on 3, I'll be honest as its a potential edge (not an overpowered one) but also a potential bit of fun for RP for all going forward, as it'll be open market vehicles. I'll be sure to send an RPJ a pm or chat to someone related to factory.

Abigail

A
I feel like making a sub for both my mechanical hands and my mechanical feet to show they were amplified centuries ago, do I need a dev thread if the feet are alchemized and the hands having copper in them?

Abigail

A
Darth Anarchis said:
I feel like making a sub for both my mechanical hands and my mechanical feet to show they were amplified centuries ago, do I need a dev thread if the feet are alchemized and the hands having copper in them?
never mind this, I hope to update the limbs anyway as old circuitry is old

Darth Anarchis said:
To answer this anyways, the copper does not need a development thread - but the alchemy may or may not depending on the properties used. If the properties of the alchemy are completely vanilla and relatively generic to canon, you will likely not require a development thread, though remember it is at the discretion of your factory judge.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Ah, I ask cause I'm waiting on my forearm and hand replacement to be at least looked at, as it's another bygone era thing and I don't wanna add more to the RPJs work load

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Terry Devron"]

Your submission was posted a little over 6 hours ago. Not everything can be done immediately, people have things to attend to and do in real life. Please give it more than just a few hours before someone gets to your submissions.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

I get that people have lives, but tbh, I just think the FJ to CJ count should be even at least. I dun care which judge type reviews it honestly, but even just an opinion could help my mind be at ease for now. Plus if it's denied, I have a reason to get a better hand and forearm than what I'm subbing anyway. I don't wanna rush anyone, I just want to at least know if I even needed to submit it xD

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Terry Devron"]

There are enough FJ's to get factory subs done in a timely manner. Again, people have lives and things to do, especially considering it's a Friday night. Give it more than six hours.

As for your other question, technically, nothing requires a factory submission. You can use cybernetic arms, droids, etc, All you want until said item is reported, at that point you'll likely have to make a sub. Both the Factory and the Codex are entirely optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom