Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoiler Obi-Wan Kenobi (Spoiler Discussion)

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
Agreed.

I'm also surprised it's meant to have a 24 episode (2 seasons at 12 apiece) run-time. That blows my mind. Will they be 40+ minutes? <20 minutes?

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
considering mando, boba and kenobi weren't even 12 episodes that would be a feat. if anything the seasons for the shows have been getting shorter.

though maybe 24 episodes if they did it like the clone wars minisodes or shudder forces of destiny

I loved it. Cheesy. Forced plots. Rehashing the same characters. Whatever, doesn’t phase me. Whatever keeps the new generation coming in and devouring, the old generation of fans somewhat palatable, and marching us towards Taika’s comment of new and fresh stories, whatever it takes. Another show devoured, more on the horizon, Kathleen closer to stepping down, we still got Filoni, dontcare give me more nostalgia to munch on in anticipation of brand new hotness. It was a good show. My copium is high, expectations low, and age rising.

I want the new new, I’ll lapdog up the old old for now.

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
Is he though? He was fine in the original trilogy, but Zahn really, really loves him to the point that everyone in the galaxy loves/fears how incredible Thrawn is.
Similar in the Rebels show, he's the evil Marty Stu until it's time for him to lose.
Welcome to the Sherlock conundrum.

Masterminds - good or evil - toe the line of being stupidly intelligent (ironic) and all-knowing, but I think it's more viable for a villain than a hero, simply because villains aren't typically the point of view for narrative, nor are they necessarily written as the character to relate to.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Welcome to the Sherlock conundrum.

Masterminds - good or evil - toe the line of being stupidly intelligent (ironic) and all-knowing, but I think it's more viable for a villain than a hero, simply because villains aren't typically the point of view for narrative, nor are they necessarily written as the character to relate to.

Good point but I have a practical one of why it wouldn't work... Thrawn is a guy... anything with him in it would introduce some new female under him who points out the flaws in his plans.

so far the only good live action thing has been Mando.
boba was dull. honestly rancor vs scorpron droids and i was bored.
Obiwan. seriosly i wasnt hooked. and lots didnt make sense.
kenda temped not to even bother with Andor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom