Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoiler Obi-Wan Kenobi (Spoiler Discussion)

In Writing, There is Passion
Has anyone seen the Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ series?

I have watched Parts I-IV.

What are your Thoughts? Criticisms?

Be warned this thread will contain major spoilers.

obi-wan-kenobi-button-1651679125683.jpg

Last edited:
So, one thing for me at least, I'm a bit sad that there isn't much content involving the Clone Wars being addressed, and I was hoping that they would showcase some more of Obi Wan and Anakin pre Order 66. I suppose there's no real way to satisfy all these things. I'm content with it, hoping my issues with Reva will be addressed before the end, but we will see.

I think we will see more Clone Wars Anakin in the Ahsoka series via flashbacks. I was hoping we’d see Kenobi and Anakin when they were “brothers” as you say. I think it would add to the conflict between them.

There are rumors of a second season. Maybe we will get a clone wars flashback in that.

I loved Part IV, it had really great throwbacks to the Prequels and A New Hope. Those Snowspeeders were awesome! I feel ship combat has been missing in the Disney+ Star Wars shows.

Reva needs a reveal in Part V or VI, something that enriches her character. So far her dogmatic streak doesn’t have the backstory it needs, so I am hoping we learn more about her and it will enliven her previous performances; like for me, learning Rey is Palpatine helped explain her prowess in the Force in The Force Awakens.

Gotta say Kenobi holding the glass with The Force and keeping the water at bay was so similiar to what Lord Vader did in “Fallen Order.”! They truly are foils of each other.

I think we will see more Clone Wars Anakin in the Ahsoka series via flashbacks. I was hoping we’d see Kenobi and Anakin when they were “brothers” as you say. I think it would add to the conflict between them.

There are rumors of a second season. Maybe we will get a clone wars flashback in that.

I loved Part IV, it had really great throwbacks to the Prequels and A New Hope. Those Snowspeeders were awesome! I feel ship combat has been missing in the Disney+ Star Wars shows.

Reva needs a reveal in Part V or VI, something that enriches her character. So far her dogmatic streak doesn’t have the backstory it needs, so I am hoping we learn more about her and it will enliven her previous performances; like for me, learning Rey is Palpatine helped explain her prowess in the Force in The Force Awakens.

Gotta say Kenobi holding the glass with The Force and keeping the water at bay was so similiar to what Lord Vader did in “Fallen Order.”! They truly are foils of each other.
I do wish they explored that, like episode 3 helped me buy their relationship but would enjoy seeing that being brought back or showcased better. I think what bothers me is how confused it is to movie content, and almost no extended content which feels so odd to me.

I do wish they explored that, like episode 3 helped me buy their relationship but would enjoy seeing that being brought back or showcased better. I think what bothers me is how confused it is to movie content, and almost no extended content which feels so odd to me.

I admit there is lot of retconning. I mean Obi knowing Leia really well young and rescuing her several times, when in ANH she says “you helped my father in clone wars,” like she doesn’t have a bond with him. Then there is the problem of “when I left you I was a learner, now I am the Master.” Some mental gymnastics are being used to explain this away, but I’d have preferred they figure out how to keep continuity.

That said I enjoy weekly SW content and I love a lot about the series.

This is what I will say.

Last jed killed anything disney had to offer to me. Then the Mandalorian restored a bit of faith. Then Boba Fett undid mandalorian season two taking back the some of the faith that had been restored. Kenobi is once again returning me to the feelings I had leaving the theaters after last Jedi empty and uncaring. I will wait before I go into detail but yeah not a fan and I really have no hope for future star wars content at this point.

I am sorry your faith is eroded in SW content going forward. I actually loved The Last Jedi. One reason was Kylo was an anarchist dark sider, which we had ‘t seen in the films, a Dark Jedi of sorts. Alas they undid his character growth with Rise of Skywalker. The Book of Boba I think was great till Mando Season 2.5 interrupted if. I also hated Luke more in that than The Last Jedi! I mean he’a gonna wmbrace Jedi non-attachment when it was his attachment to his father that redeemed him in Return of the Jedi? What the farrik?!
Kenobi is mix for me. It has its moments, especially Part IV, but it dragged in Part I, was ridiculous in Part II, and Part III should have been Part VI.

Everything with Kenobi and little Leia is fantastic. I am skeptical of the use of Vader, but so far, his character hasn't been dishonored, and everything to do with the Inquisitors is a colossal joke. Incompetent and not intimidating in the slightest.

Everything with Kenobi and little Leia is fantastic. I am skeptical of the use of Vader, but so far, his character hasn't been dishonored, and everything to do with the Inquisitors is a colossal joke. Incompetent and not intimidating in the slightest.

I agree the Inquisitors are incompetent. I see why they don’t exist by A New Hope.

Darth Saavage

D
Well Reva just got flushed out, finally!

Those flashbacks! It was epic seeing Anakin as a Padawan again.

I agree the Inquisitors are incompetent. I see why they don’t exist by A New Hope.
The thing about the Inquisitors is that they are just Padawan who fell to the Dark Side or straight up scrubs. Most of the A-List Jedi would wash them but they are dead at this point, but you need someone who could fight Jedi by default and Vader can't be everywhere so I suspect they're only around until it's pretty obvious the Jedi are sufficiently culled

I gotta admit I expected Vader to use the two sabers to scissor Reva the way Anakin did Count Dooku. The fact she was left alive was suprising, since she can’t get the drop on Vader anymore.

The Grand Inquisitor being alive solved what made certain fans melt down over his death in Part II.

I knew he wasn’t dead, but I was more confused as to why they did him the way he did. My guess is that he either let his guard down, or this was arranged beforehand and she had outlived her usefulness once this time arrived.

I think The Grand Inquisitor plotted with Vader to take Reva down. So he let himself be stabbed and made the Grand Inquisitor chair seem vacant.

Reva’s mistake was to strike without Kenobi there, for Vader becomes fixed on bis old master. It was intriguing Vader remebered his duel as a Padawan and used ot to prevail against Reva. He’s still using Kenobi’s teachings. Which is fascinating:

I think Obi Wan played her, the entire thing was to turn them on each other, as he never intended to fight Vader. He used her hate against her and positioned her into fighting him, now if she believed Obi Wan was going to be there and waiting, I haven’t a clue. But I think Kenobi outsmarted her and that line from Vader seems to confirm it

That crafty old wizard. I didn’t think about Kenobi setting Reva up to fail. Kinda a cruel move, since she was a Youngling who witnessed Order 66 and was traumatized by it. I kinda wonder why when she asked where was Kenobi, why Obi didn’t say “I was on Utapau fighting General Grievous! I had to say Hello There! It was my destiny!” :p

288811931_114448577962626_5320645844525986074_n.jpg
Can I say how bombad it was Vader stopped a starship?!

It does however pose a problem for ESB when the Falcon is fleeing the hangar on Hoth and Vader approaches it. Could have stopped it. :p

I honestly saw this coming after RoS when Rey managed to hold back a similar transport. Far as I know, Starkiller was the only one for a while that had managed to tear starships out of the sky, adding this in there makes it...really really hard to figure out who can do what with the Force

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom