Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NPC Creation FAQ & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering what are the force size limitations there are for the creation of NPC units. The site faction rules state that only a major faction has the resources to rp and army. So what size of force is considered to be an army.

[member="Darth Kentarch"]

I'm hesitant to provide you a number on this. Largely because the rules are in place to endorse common sense and stray away from anything becoming a numbers game. I.e. If someone says an army is 100,000 then 90,000 somehow isn't. This is the wrong way to look at it.

If you need guidance, I would suggest taking a look back at the recent invasions that have included fleet or army restrictions. If your number is approaching that of the entire major faction allowance, then obviously you've hit your stride.

As the Supreme Court states, we can't define it but we know it when we see it. It will be up to the discretion of the judge at the time to dictate what's appropriate and may be based on the quality and balance of the sub, any pertinent development that's been done, and how comfortable the judge is with the submission in general.

When writing a dev thread for a Master level NPC, does that thread have to involve the training of that NPC, of simply to have them involved some way? E.g, can I have an NPC train a PC or adventuring with them etc to count as that NPC's dev thread?

Just want people's opinions.

Should I create individual NPCs for my 5 (Including me) SpecForce squad? Or should I do a group creation? There are pros and cons for both, and I don't know which to do. Less experience than all of you.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Okay so I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I want to create something for the Alliance akin to the Fleet Marine Force in the U.S. Navy or the Marine Expeditionary Forces in the U.S. Marine Corps. The thing behind both of those are Marine forces are attached to Navy ships as both attacking and defending forces and that's what I wanna create for the Alliance but my problem is the Naval part of that doesn't allow to post it in the NPC unit because I can't post fleets or fleeting type things there. Can I get a answer for this oh god emperors and empresses of the Codex?

An NPC unit sub can be created to be used within a fleet. You can mention a ship that they are assigned to per their squadrons/units/etc but we do not allow the fleet itself to be subbed as a unit.

NPC units are for the people/beings within the machines, not the machines themselves.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek said:
Okay so I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I want to create something for the Alliance akin to the Fleet Marine Force in the U.S. Navy or the Marine Expeditionary Forces in the U.S. Marine Corps. The thing behind both of those are Marine forces are attached to Navy ships as both attacking and defending forces and that's what I wanna create for the Alliance but my problem is the Naval part of that doesn't allow to post it in the NPC unit because I can't post fleets or fleeting type things there. Can I get a answer for this oh god emperors and empresses of the Codex?
[member="Noah Corek"]

Semper Fidelis!

Question: Does a stray-turned-pet need to have and NPC submission?

[member="Kimiko"]

The Codex is an optional tool on this forum. No, you do not have to submit it. You may if you want. If for some reason someone files a report against the use of your pet, then you may be required by staff to make a sub for it. As always, play fair and with common sense, and you should be fine.

I have a question regarding the minimum number of NPC's need to consist of a 'Unit'.

The reason being is because I'm going to be submitting a special clade of starship Navigators... who are not a combat unit, but could be found on a number of ships in the single digits (four ideally).

What do you recommend?

[member="Fatty"]

Well, personally, I feel four could be considered a unit and would submit them as such. Look at examples such as ARC Troopers, who often moved around in units of 3 to 5. If its an "elite" unit or a really specialized unit, I would naturally assume the numbers would be quite low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom