Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NPC Creation FAQ & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
[member="Hakora Feanor"]

You'd have to submit a species sub too since it's a sith spawn.

For Sith spawn creations we ask for at least 50 posts. However given the fact that you're wanting it to be a strong creation, I'd be asking for upward of 100 posts.

A hypothetical question, depending on whether his new faction want them, or they get transferred to an old AoL member, or disbanded.

Old Units that were created before this came into being, should we write NPC templates up for them? I know it's not mandatory, but it'll be confusing if they are not given the go ahead, after many, many rp threads. Yet having that template would at least give them form.

Perhaps reforming units would be the way to go in that case? Then the Judge can decide whether the reform stuck as it were, or was sufficient enough for unit cohesion.

[member="Kei Amadis"]

Hopefully I'm reading this right.

You're asking whether or not units roleplayed before the unit template existed should be submitted, right? Personally, I'd strongly encourage that you.

A.) Elite units might get reported by members if used without a submission.

B.) Some invasions have terms that people can't use units without submissions, anyway.

So I'd strongly recommend that you do make unit submissions for them. On the plus side, it'll help you keep track of them too.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]
Tagged you since you seem to be aperson with some knowledge on this subject, if I were to create a master level Npc to train my Aing Tii character in the ways of the force because there isn't any other Of the species on the forums that are higher than the apprentice rank, do I have to make a dev thread to submit said npc?

Not sure how this will be interpreted, but here goes.

I want to make an NPC that will become critical in Sorin's development, and the major plot mover for almost his entire history thus far. However, there are some things I want with this NPC. The NPC, a "he", will be the equivalent of a master rank Force User, and be of a species I have yet to write up. The species, however, is humanoid, if not completely in appearance. I figure that I would leave his species as being something "not important" for the duration of his use until it becomes relevant in Sorin's story, by which point I'll be making a species submission, go through what I need for that, and then be done. At the moment, I'm not sure yet if I will even need to, because I could find another route that works just as well for my plot, but without needing anything complicated. For his status as being able to use the Force, I want him to be less of a teacher, and more of a "You're going to work your ass off" type of character, making any attempts at learning so complicated that it would make Sorin's head spin. It will become less about learning, and more of character development for Sorin as he is sent on the equivalent of suicide missions, without even knowing why he's doing what he's doing.

With that in mind, I would want to edit the thread I make for him. I'm not talking about editing his profile for major changes, but instead editing it simply to update the bio and any recent threads I happen to use him in. I imagine I will be making threads where I develop his own personality and backstory, because I don't even know right now what everything will entail. I might decide, in the course of writing something, that I want to take his character in an entirely different direction than what I had thought previous. Here's my question: since the NPC board does not have a requirement of submitting each NPC one makes, and because I don't want to bother the staff here when I want to edit the grammar of a sentence, what would be the perspective and interpretation of Judges if I created a thread for him in the Creation Board, labeling him clearly as an NPC? From my view point, I would need to post in the thread when I do updates, what I updated, and where I updated it, so that way it becomes easier for anyone looking back to see what changes were made to it. This way there's a clear timeline of edits, and that this way I don't have to submit a dozen threads when I decide to make a major plot change in his story. I have ideas going through my head, but I'll be honest, I won't know if I'll use them until I'm about to post them. The end result is that I want to be able to edit his profile like a regular PC, but keep him as an NPC because I want a detailed plot mover. Sorin won't be learning everything from him, and will force Sorin to seek out other masters at the same time so that he can learn as much as he can. Again, to get Sorin off his ass.

What do you think?

OK I’m going to be creating a Intelligence sub faction in one the major I will be running the Sub faction OOCly and my charter in key member of it but for the time being I’m going need some NPC A Director, and several branch and several background Npcs. These all non-combat charters who serve as admin and information relay and such other functions if you are familiar with how Imperial intelligence worked in the TOR time I need to do KEEPER, A few WATCHERS and a few FIXERS and a couple npc low lvl agents

This what think need to do the agents would mainly be the ones that could see medium combat the fixer light if any
Keeper- 1
Watchers- 3
Fixers-3
Agents -3

is that cool and also to need do full template on these guys since they're mostly admin functions within the subfaction?

[member="Colrenn Renth"]

With all due respect I'm very confused by what you're asking.

You always need to use the full template. If you have nothing to add in a specific field then write N/A.

This never got answered in the Codex discussion so I'm asking it here:

Triam Akovin said:
So with the Invasion of Geonosis, I was in charge of a platoon of sniper droids.

These droids were to my knowledge nondescript, and while I can probably go see if they have a model with the ACA, they did not indicate that they were droids. That was a distinction that I made, since I felt like it fit their nature.

The model that I imagined in my head was something along the lines of this:
Saleucami_forest.png

These of course are BX-Commando Droids from the Clone Wars, so would it be okay if I had a "Modernized" version of this model, and by Modernized, I mean it doesn't deviate from canon but its produced in the modern era by some other company or something that isn't mine?

I would say that's a condition of my payment as a mercenary, but the purpose is that I'm just looking for a versatile droid to follow me around that can keep up with my combat mobility, and watch my back when I'm vulnerable. Also as a mule, because I'm cruel like that.

Would this be an acceptable NPC to hold in my possession?
?

[member="Triam Akovin"]

My apologies that you had to wait this long for your question to be answered. If this ever happens again feel free to PM me personally and I will answer your questions as soon as I can.

As to answer your question... Yes, you may have that as an NPC but it's usually a good idea to submit a technology submission for the droid first unless it's purely canon. :)

airin

Irascible Troublemaker
So I'm just about ready to flesh out my first character's early history. Is it okay to create NPC parents for that character? Nothing too fancy, just a recovering gambling addict father who lives on Theed as well as a yet unknown mother char?

Figures I have to check and confirm before I do anything too crazy.

[member="Hanelli"]

It is absolutely OK for you to do this. Keep in mind that the use of the Codex is not mandatory. You are more than welcome to simply write these parental figures into the annuls of your character's history in their bio, or you may create them in a more official capacity here.

Having them here simply allows for more easy reference to them should anyone be curious.

airin

Irascible Troublemaker
[member="Lorelei Darke"] thanks for the quick response, glad to know I'm not doing anything too ambitious for now :D

Darth Vyrassu said:
What's the max. Number of troops I can make in a unit?
There is no 'max number.'

It's whatever the judge believes is reasonable based on the quality of the troops, and the development behind them. That being said, when you sub a unit, you're not subbing an army. You're subbing a component of an army. That is the only thing you really have to keep in mind. The higher the quality of troops, the less there should be of them; of course development can give you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom