Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Confidence Vote |Jedi|

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana's jaw dropped in absolute surprise. She had harbored no ill will against Josh, not until now. Her eyes popped open and she stared at the Grandmaster in absolute surprise and shock.

Joshua DragonsFlame said:
"I didn't tell the Council yet because I didn't want his identity getting out" he said to the Jedi around him. "I was going to when he came with information, like he has now"
Hal stood up the moment that @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] told the truth about @[member=Krest]. He had an appalled look upon his face. Seriously. The karking Grand Master just admitted to secretly having someone use the darkside to infiltrate the Sith.

Near the door of the chamber and far away from the main floor, Hal just cupped his hands over his mouth and yelled, “He’s a karking Sith!”

The Jedi Knight looked to @[member="Krest"] as he spoke. Perhaps he was right...No. And Antares shook his head at the Templar's words. "I understood you had your orders. I respect that." He inclined his head to Krest. Barely. "But now, our Grandmaster has said he didn't want the Council to give out his identity? You needed not have told his name, rather, just make the council aware of your infiltrator." He said, and he glanced around to see if he did have support in his words.

"However, @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] has just...Insulted quite a few Jedi in this Praxeum I should think." He rubbed his jawline slowly. "But his reasons make no sense. I am certain he did all he could as a Grandmaster." He ended.

Miarta

The Stereotypes of the Past Shall Never Define Me
"He did what he believed was necessary. And I have another point to make. You do realize... That not matter how hard you fight, you will never eradicate every darksider in the galaxy, correct? Light and dark can not exist without each other, there will always be more. New threats will always find their way to our doorstep and come knocking. I'm not saying we should not fight them, but if we do not give ourselves time to recover from our losses we'll spread to thin and we'll weaken and eventually we may vanish altogether! Everyone is so focussed on wanting to do nothing but fight! Don't we have other jobs as well? What about helping the people who have suffered because of these wars? What about the people who have suffered at the hands of the Sith? While we rest and recover from our losses there are still things we can do to aid the fight without more bloodshed! When the time is right we can fight again! But we're in a fragile enough situation right now. What's happening here is going to divide us, whether you believe it or not. And a force divided is weak." Miarta tried her hardest to remain calm, but she did slip into anger a few times. She managed to regain her composure towards the end though.

Josh smiled at @[member="Vulpesen"], and gave a nod.

"Je suis fier de vous, Chevalier Vulpesen. Vous voyez la vérité là où d'autres ne voient que la soif de bataille, une soif de guerre. Même pendant que vous régnez dans une position destiné à exterminer le côté sombre, vous vous embarquez sur un état d'esprit qui vous conviendra bien à l'avenir. J'ai eu tort de douter de votre métal comme un maître Jedi, et pour cela, je m'excuse. Même si il est trop tard maintenant, et je ne peux pas effacer les erreurs que j'ai faites, je ne peux que vous pouvez me pardonner mon départ inévitable. Vous serez un incroyable maître Jedi, un jour, je le sais. Ne donnez jamais vos rêves et votre amour de ce décret. Ne cédez pas comme beaucoup d'entre nous ont. Ne jamais céder à la haine. Ne jamais donner dans un désir de sang. Je suis fier de vous, Chevalier Vulpesen. Ne jamais oublier que." he spoke, in a tongue that he knew so well... That his mother once spoke.

He looked around at the Jedi who were appalled that he had accepted a Templar's aid to find the Sith. "Is this truly your reaction then?" he asked the Jedi around him. "You want the dark side fought, yet one action toward it, and you scorn me"

He smiled faintly. "The disdain for life and disregard of compassion has clouded the judgement that has MADE you Jedi. In the reckless pursuit for the dark side, some of you have given in to the hate that defines the Sith. The hate that turns Jedi to the dark side"

"I've been here since I was 5 years old. If ANYONE in this Order has a reason to hate the Sith... It's me. One look into my records will show that. But here I am, giving compassion and trust to a man who is willing to risk his life to tell us where the Sith are. And because he has an affiliation here... You jump on him. You jump on me"

"I ask you all one question, Jedi... Whether you impeach me or not... Or coup, we all know what this is...."

"What happened?"

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
It was in this very moment, that Kira Liadain gave a shake of her head.

This... this by far was the worst. The fact that the Grandmaster had openly admitted to such an action, without going through with the rest of the council.

"Really? And you kept this from the Jedi Shadows?" came Kira's stern reply; her expression a far cry from the normally jovial one she wore. "From the Circle of Shadows?"

The Circle of Shadows had exited within the Order since Grand Master Halcyon took the reigns, and had continued on when Kira returned to the Order from the Protectorate.

An order she now led.

"You hid this? From the Circle of Shadows? From the ones who have vowed to track the movements of the Sith for our protection?" her voice was steady, but firm.

Why did she bring this up? Because she was The Master of Shadows, who led the Jedi Shadows to their missions to hunt for sith artifacts and that of the Sith Movements. Yet did she resort to tangling with the use of the Darkside to do her duties?

Had she immediately cut down a Sith without giving them a chance to surrender? No.

The fact that the Grand Master had willingly allowed a non Jedi of the Order to do such an act... well... only made what investigations she'd collected make him seem all the worse.

It was then that a cry came out. He's a karking SITH!

Truth be told, considering just how the actions against Hion had turned and the role the Grand Master had played in that along with that of the Lords of the Fringe.... Especially after his speech with Aledis, his words in a previous senate meeting...

It was adding more gasoline to the fire.

Atlas Kane

A
''An infiltrators purpose is to be unknown. He is supposed to work in secret. Telling the Council would have undermined the Infiltrator's purpose, young Knight.'' Said the Jedi Master as he walked up towards Krest nodding and saying ''Long time no see.'' quietly when he passed the Zabrak. ''Furthermore, I completely agree with Vulpesen. The Grandmaster has done a good job and the Jedi need a bit of time to rest. If we jump back into war right away, who can say that we won't get tainted by the Dark Side because of all the war we waged? Who can say that we won't loose our focus on peace and become more like the Sith?'' He said to the Jedi who had gathered here. He had seen this happen already. ''The Jedi seem to eager to fight. Don't forget that we want peace, not conflict. Starting a war will only bring more death and suffering. It will not only do that, it will make us look like hypocrites and is that what we want to become? Hypocrites who crave conflict under the pretense of wanting peace?''

Rasu could feel the tension in the air crackle against her skin like lightning. More voices spoke out, with at last a few members speaking out against those that would remove Dragonsflame from the position of Grandmaster, bringing a small smile to her lips and relief to her heart. Rasu mentally praised these Padawans for speaking their mind and opposing these Jedi Masters, for one still young in the ways of the Force, she was proud of them. The infiltrator caused further murmurs and whispers to sprout throughout the hall, his dark, heavy armor standing out against the sheer light that encompassed the temple and the hall of Jedi.

Taking a step back, she placed herself next to Assak and Moroi, lowering her voice as she tilted her head towards the pair of Padawans. "No it does not. Tension has been high for a while now but I had hoped that it wouldn't come to this. With the Sith becoming stronger, we need the Jedi to remain strong and united, now more than ever." She paused as the Grandmaster explained the presence of the infiltrator and returned to his seat, the fight had left him, a scene that sent her heart plummeting. Her eyes were now drawn to Vulpesen, whose words conveyed the passion he felt for the Order and the man currently in charge of it. Rasu now felt that it was time for her own voice to be heard, knowing that her own words would not carry the same effect as had Vulpesen's, but she would try none the less.

However she was stopped again as more and more Jedi added their own voices to this debate. She would wait, her part to play in this would come eventually. For now she would let the shock settle within her.

@[member="Moroi Wareyasui"]

@[member="Hayato"]

"If you cannot confide in your Councillors, then you disband the Council. He is the Grandmaster, his word is the final word. The Councillors, are simply that. They are only advisors." He said to the Jedi Master. "The term 'peacekeeper', is hypocrisy within itself." And he paused for a moment, thinking on the words of the Master. "Public opinion shouldn't stop a Jedi from doing their duty."

"Looking for change and realizing what we must do - not sit passive - is hardly being bloodthirsty. We help those who cannot help themselves. We feed the hungry. But we cannot forsake our duty to uphold the peace. And there will not be peace with Dark Siders. Acknowledging that fact is not starting a war. It's recognizing who we are.

We are both a sword and a shield. They are not mutually exclusive.

I will say, though, that a good leader is defined by his ability to use his advisers. The fact no one knew means he did not consult anyone on this plan. That is not how things should be handled."

Hasjo Hallu stood as a member of the growing crowd. His hands clasped together. Legs tight in attention. He heard [member="Hal Terrano"]. Hasjo turned to regard him with a face of horror, that he would dare swear before the Jedi, least of all before the Masters that were talking. Regardless if someone was Sith or not in their current presence. His eyes were wide, mouth agape before he delivered a quiet, quick remark of his own to Hal, chiding him "Be quiet, show some respect. You're not a child." Hasjo turned to watch the procession, keeping his personal opinions to himself. His chin held high.

Whispers and shouts echoed through the Order, seems there were secrets and now everything was coming to play. A singer finger rested against the blonde’s cheek, she looked towards the Grand Master then towards the others that spoke out. Spencer remembered her last words to the man as he left the Spires of Hell, she had given him a warning within a story - it seemed he missed it. The hand fell from her face as she sighed softly, she hoped to the Force that Josh would stop talking and come clean with everything - make this less of a mess than it already was. Still, the uproar was something quite interesting.

A smirk spread across her face as she looked towards the boy that spoke out of turn, her eyes turned from him and eyed the Nautolan that decided to scold him. Spencer leaned forward from behind the two and gave the Nautolan a cold stare. “The Republic is a democracy, the people have a voice - you are not his Master to scold him.” Standing, back up she made a note of the proceedings and remained quiet the rest of the time.

@[member="Hasjo Hallu"] @[member="Hal Terrano"]

Moroi Wareyasui

Cocky Little Poohead
" @[member="Krest"] ..."

Moroi's voice was low, no one outside of @[member="Rasu Gan"] and @[member="Asaak Tey"] would have been able to hear him, but it was a combination of aggression and irritation in his voice. Why was he here? What did he possibly hope to accomplish? There was absolutely no reason to come here and give the Jedi Praxeum another issue to be divisive over. If his goal was to make these people fight more, then he accomplished it but other than that he had damned all hope of diplomacy in this matter. Moroi's hand gently drifted down to his weapon as his eyes burrowed through Krest...the man was a karking idiot and was going to get himself killed.

Master Gan echoed Moroi's thoughts a few moments after, but frustration was consuming him. Everyone in this chamber was being foolish, on both sides and Krest was hell bent on getting himself murdered...and he just might provoke the Jedi to do it too. Moroi was over his head here, in many ways he was still the child he was before he was brought to the order. The boy's arm shook slightly, the muscles moving on his own as he focused on reigning in his emotions. Then the man he met on Ilum, @[member="Sarge Potteiger"] spoke again, this time proving Moroi's point once again. The boy didn't voice this to the whole assembly, he still somewhat knew his place, but he could not keep the words to himself, the soft low tone of annoyance he spoke with earlier came again for Master Gan's and Asaak's ears only.

"Then why are we weakening the shield and dulling the sword with infighting. The platitudes and the results are not the same."

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
tumblr_mnqshgwgzx1qd1zt6o1_500.gif

This is when Kira finally gave a sigh -- the Grand Master had asked to check into his past.

And check into his past she did -- the archives and public information was there for all to verify themselves.

"Found within our extensive Archives, I have discovered information related to the Grand Master's history that would be beneficial for everyone here to know.

At a young age, Joshua had been placed under the tutelage of a Jedi known as Pinewrap. It was revealed after some time that Pinewrap was a Sith sleeper agent. The effect of Pinewrap’s teachings seemed to have a profound effect on Joshua. He was prone to using dangerous techniques and even reportedly used Force Lightning - a deadly ability known only to Sith.

At the moment, none of us can be certain in how much knowledge Joshua has about the dark side. Pinewrap obviously has given him considerable training - and he has displayed an inability to restrain his emotions in a manner becoming of a Jedi multiple times as @[member="Sarge Potteiger"] has indicated earlier."

She gave another deep breath. That she said this, of all people, was the important part. For the Jedi was well versed and experienced in Electric Judgement --- and she knew, knew all too well... that the temptation and passion of the emotions used just to use Electric Judgement could easily sway any Jedi to the Dark.

This is why the Jedi rarely, if ever, used Electric Judgement --- why she alway sought non violent ways to apprehend Sith. Why she rarely used her saber --- why she resorted to other far more peaceful methods to do her job and complete her mission as a Jedi Shadow.

"Knowing this, I cannot say in confidence that he should be the Grand Master of the Jedi Order."

Hasjo shivered when he heard the quiet voice speaking directly into his ear. He glanced over his shoulder to [member="Spencer Jacobs"]. He gave no remark back. The Republic was a Democracy, but the man had made no intelligent remark. He'd swore before the Jedi Order and made himself out as a fool. He needed to be told to stop acting like one. Hasjo rolled his shoulders and continued to watch the procession, quiet. Pushing aside his emotions and thoughts to keep a calm, empty mind to focus on what lay before him.

Josh smiled a bit at Kira.

"And you neglected to mention the effects it had on me. You know, the part where I have had an uncanny fear of going near or being corrupted by the dark side" he said. "It's quite funny that you only brought up what benefits you... Did you also forget to mention that I was imprisoned and tortured by the Sith Empire for 5 years?"

Catching the look, Spencer mused over the memories of another Nautolan she knew quite well. She saw a bit of his qualities in this one, still when emotions were high those that were already rocky with their ties with the light could feel the wave of doubt and lean towards the dark side. A smile crept across her face as she looked towards the back of the Nautolan’s head, he would be alright and she knew that. Deciding to move closer, she paused for a moment and reached out softly giving the boy a pat on the shoulder. A whisper in the back of his mind from the Master lingered for only a brief moment.

Stay strong and proud of the Republic - things will work out believe in it, my name is Spencer. If you’re ever searching for a teacher - I’m always available. Apologies for butting into your conversation.

Letting his shoulder go, Spencer moved away from the two Padawans and headed deeper into the group. Her hood drawn up over her blonde hair, she wondered how things would continue and if the Grand Master would step down or if there would be more. She wondered what protection @[member="Krest"] had if things did get out of hand…

@[member="Hasjo Hallu"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom