Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [NJO + Jedi] A New Journey

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::

O B S E R V A T I O N
blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

Wearing: xxx
Weapon: xxx x2​
Tag: Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Open to interaction​
Judah stood and looked at Hollis in what likely amounted to disbelief. She stood there with her hand clapped over her mouth as though she just said something that she had not meant to let slip. What made it worse was that it was clear she said it before she realized she had. The master simply nodded, then shook his head.​
"You are just like him," he said with a chuckle, "but I'm going to give you the same advice I gave him when it comes to all this stuff."
His eyes moved over to Justice briefly recalling the moment vividly. It had been around a cherished holiday and the group of padawans he had been with at the time threw a party for themselves. It was just after he had lost his arm and felt completely lost.​
"If you like him, say something before it's too late, hmmm?"
The words were simple, but the action more difficult than they seemed.​
"I won't tell him what you said, but you should. The one thing I learned after my wife passed is you will never regret telling the people you like, or love, how much you like them, or how cute they are."
Judah could be known for sage advice from time to time. This was one of those times. He was more than the disgruntled old master he wanted others to think he was. The facade he wore was by in large so the public would leave him alone, but Judah was much more than an old hermit. He was still a Jedi master.​
"So are you actually going to duel someone today, or are you here as an observer as well?

A NEW JOURNEY
GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Tag: Judah Lesan Judah Lesan / Open​
Her eyes shifted up to see Judah again, taking the time to study him this time.

He'd lost his wife and his advice included not waiting until it was too late. Well, that just made her sad, and Hollis didn't really want to think about that. She still looked flush, but finally moved her hands away from her face. Of course, she knew she couldn't really hide from what she just said...

"Oh," Hollis said. "Maybe I'll tell him next time I see him..."

It was indeed a matter of timing, and it'd probably be awkward timing – the worst timing. But she'd ruminate about that bit later when she was alone. She offered a slight smile now that she didn't feel so much like diving into a hole and never coming back out.

She glanced out towards the training area where she spotted Silas Westgard Silas Westgard and Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el , the former she'd actually sparred with before and the latter she'd met briefly at a party. Of course, her gaze flickered over to where Justice was more than once. There were others scattered about, too – but she didn't know them yet and she'd happened to miss the big scuffle.

"I'm just here to watch," she said. "I've only just started with sabers... and I'm not very good at it."

Meditating, saber work, and movement skills were difficult for Hollis. However, on the bright side, she seemed to be doing okay with healing and telepathy. Telekinesis was hit or miss.

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Action: Sparring Continues
Outfit (Minus the right arm)

JiGZUcY.png
“Nearly, of course I learned some of the basics.” Ariana added to her previous point. She patted her side but when her left hand only felt her clothes, a look of confusion and concern flashed across her face. She looked down and found her lightsaber missing from her belt, with a quick glance back where she originally sat near the benches her bag sat on the ground open.
Jumping to her feet, Ariana stretched out her left palm outwards and used the Force to call her lightsaber from her bag. After a moment and nothing arriving to her palm, Ariana lowered her hand and scratched the back of her head to think. “-Well, I guess my lightsaber is back on the ship.” She mumbled to herself. Silently glad that her brother wasn’t here to witness her mishap of misplacing her weapon.
When the question was broached on whether she would be interested to spar with a full fledged Jedi, she was a bit unsure, if not uncertain how to answer. While Ariana wanted to initially agree to the match, Why not? But a moment of thought had her ask how the match would be perceived by others.
“I’m game for a match, but I would like to make sure it’s fine with Master Noble.” Ariana spoke, as she moved over closer to Master Noble.
She saw that others were already engaging in conversation with the Master and with a quick bow of Ariana’s head she apologized, “Apologies for the interruption, but is it alright for this Padawan and a Knight to match up against one another?” Ariana asked quickly.

Last edited:

Iris_Sig.png

Iris shook her head. She didn't mind in the slightest. And it let her relax her leg some. Though, maybe that meant she should find someone else to spar? She hummed with thought before popping up to her feet again, this time to look at Caedyn.

"So you're from the Silvers, right? How are people there? How's the temple?"

Caedyn Arenais | Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand (Are you even there tho) | @That'sAllFolks

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn smiled, "Of course. No pressure at all!", he said softly to Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau before she moved off towards Valery Noble Valery Noble . The Knight found it spoke volumes of Master Noble that Ariana thought to seek her approval, although Valery had given Caedyn the impression that she was close with many of the students and that she certainly cared about them a great deal.

This left Caedyn to speak with Iris Arani Iris Arani one-on-one, and she prompted him to inquire about the Order of the Silver Jedi. "It's been good to see them again. I served with the Silver Jedi Order for many years but only recently returned to duty from a couple of years break" He spoke with a sense of fondness for the Silvers. They had been his family for so long, and he had many memories across the Silver Jedi Worlds of Kashyyyk, Commenor and Mnemosyne. "My homeworlds are also within their territory, so I suppose that kept me close by too," He added.

"I enlisted with the New Jedi Order because I was seeking a fresh experience. Shake things up with people and places that I'm not familiar with. But the Silver Jedi are doing well from what I can tell. Apparently, the New Jedi Order works alongside them quite often, so it's comforting to know that I'll be able to work under both Jedi Organizations".

Despite investing all of his time lately in getting himself situated on Coruscant with the New Jedi Order, Caedyn had every intention of further supporting the Silvers, and Jedi in general across the Galaxy however he could. This usually meant utilizing the few corporations under the House Arenais Humanitarian Trust to further fund the many needs of the Jedi, and their operations across the Galaxy. With the Silvers, however, it wouldn't take much to persuade him to visit and assist them in missions himself. Coruscant was a huge and wondrous world, but Kashyyyk was still among one of his most valued planets in the Galaxy.

Iris_Sig.png

"That's good. I started there too, actually. I was picked up and brought there, before Master Valery saved me from a uh.. Accident of mine. Heh. I'd go back but uh, pretty sure I'm still in trouble for my.. Art."

There were a couple walls she'd painted in her time of still not understanding that was a bad thing. Really big murals, at that. Ah, man, in some places that were probably really hard to clean. The memory of dangling upside down off the roof to paint something on the whole west side flashed in her head.

Oops.

"A- anyway. It's nice to meet you. Are you thinking about taking Ariana on as a padawan?"

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn's head lifted slightly, brows following suit as he looked at Iris Arani Iris Arani inquisitively; "What kind of art would you be in trouble for?" He asked uncertainly. It didn't take him less than a second to consider retracting his question. Was it something overly risque or had she tagged up a wall with graffiti; he couldn't help but smirk a little warily and quickly added gently, "You don't have to explain yourself if it's an uncomfortable subject". Good save, he figured.

She soon threw him off with the direct question regarding his interest in offering Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau an apprenticeship. No subtlety with the younger ones, no beating around the bush so to speak. "I guess that's up to her whether or not she's interested but I was considering making the offer. I'd like to see how far along she is in her training and get to know a bit more about her first though" he explained. It was true that their sparring match had piqued his interest as well as the girl's preference for hand-to-hand combat, but there was much much more to the life of a Jedi and whether the two of them would mesh well under an apprenticeship was something he sought more insight around.

While it wasn't something Caedyn made a habit of talking about, he had a Padawan before. They'd trained and lived alongside one another for years, and she'd meant a lot to him much in a similar light as Iris Arani Iris Arani and Valery Noble Valery Noble . Sadly, the apprenticeship didn't make it through to the completion of her training. In fact, he couldn't recall the last time they had spoken. He carried the weight of the experience with him, and had told himself that such a commitment wouldn't be made so easily a second time over. He felt as though he had failed as the students' Mentor, and promised himself that wouldn't happen again.

Realizing he'd fallen quite for a moment, he glanced back up at Iris with an apologetic and wary smile; "It's a big commitment, and one I'd want to be a mutual agreement. Not a decision taken under peer pressure," He concluded, glancing back to the others in the room suggestively. He didn't want to make a spectacle of such a thing. Today was a meet and greet, and if things went well then perhaps he'd offer for the two to spend more time together training, seeing how far along Ariana was thus far.

While her conversation with Amani and Kirie continued, Valery spotted one of the Padawans breaking off from her conversation to head over in her direction. Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau had been one of the students that impressed her greatly in her sparring session, so Valery was quite curious to find out what she was wanting to talk about.

"Apologies for the interruption, but is it already for this Padawan and a Knight to match up against one another?"

Valery blinked, not having expected that she'd come to ask permission for something like that, but it certainly showed that the young woman cared about proper conduct in training. "Of course, and don't go too easy on him," she flashed a smirk and glanced over to Caedyn Arenais, who was now talking to her Padawan. She had no fear that he'd cross a line sparring against a Padawan, and she also knew that he was looking to train a student himself. So there was no reason to be wary, and she would always encourage healthy training.

"Good luck and have fun." She bowed her head and turned her gaze back to the others she had been talking to while Ariana was cleared to continue her sparring.

Iris_Sig.png

"Just some uh, grafiti. Covering one of the uh- Well the west wall, actually." The whole thing. Multiple stories. Was it still actually there, now that she thought about it? Iris chuckled, mostly to herself, then cleared her throat and nodded in Valery's direction.

"You, uh, well. Have your fight at least. You should talk to her, more directly. I'm sure she'll actually want a master." She turned, about to leave. Only to see something different in the colors. She paused. Then, just smiled again.

"You're not a failure, you know. So don't beat yourself up, okay?" Then she left. Mostly because something else caught her attention. A friend she hadn't seen in a little while. With a bright grin she'd run right over.

"Ara!"

Caedyn Arenais | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau | Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan

It was a surprise to hear that the temple on Coruscant was up and running again... and Ara wasn't enthusiastic about that news either. New Cov was perfect, Kashyyyk was a dream, and the massive ship the Jedi has as a mobile temple always had something going for it. But Coruscant? The less she could see of the planet, the better. But the invitation wasn't something she could pass up. A bunch of padawans, sparring sessions, the works. With her questionable antics and style, a chance to get some proper practice and advice was exactly what she needed.

Patting down her robes, Ara strolled through the halls of the newly built temple with a mix of curiosity and disgust. She didn't understand why the Jedi always came back to Coruscant. Her history lessons mentioned a bunch of times the temple was flattened. From the Old Republic days, all the way to the present day when the Maw attacked Coruscant. She had gotten answers before, but it still didn't make a lick of sense. Then again, sentiment, duty and tradition was a lot different for her than the Masters running the place. They knew best, at least.

Her thoughts were thoroughly interrupted when she reached the training grounds, and the first person to meet her was none other than Iris. Her doubts and concerns melted away with a large smile as she held her arms open to hug the girl. "What's up, paint job?!" She greeted as she stepped back and looked around. "Got an invite to throw down a bit over here. Just... wasn't expecting to come back to Coruscant so soon." She looked around as the other Jedi fought. Their fluent movements had her staring for a moment as she studied their forms. She had been training hard, asking anyone and everyone for help. But how she would fare against some of the others was still something she worried about.

She looked back at Iris with a daring grin. "You busy right now? Wanna throw down by any chance?" She spoke up as she gave the girl a nudge against the shoulder.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Iris_Sig.png

Iris was quick to return the hug. It'd been a while since they last talked. Hung out. Any of it. It really was just good to see the Zabrak again. She flashed her own daring grin, though. She'd caught her breath from the last spar. And honestly, she'd yet to see just how well Ara could fight. It could be a lot of fun, right? Naw, it would be a lot of fun. The Keshian slipped back, pulling her saber from her hip and ignited the cold, nonlethal blade.

"Yeah, I'm free. Show me what you got."

Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan

Objective: Spar an older opponent
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble / Kirie Kirie / Amani Serys Amani Serys

Silas breathed steadily as he finished his last five reps of single arm pressups. He didn't want to stress his other hand too much and injure it more, doing so would be quite foolish for him. Lowering himself to his chest, he finally rested his body and just took a few moments to lay there motionless. Extra training was always a pain, but since he started the benefits of pushing himself were drilled into his head. Going to training an hour early and even doing an extra hour of training once it had finished were the key aspects. For now, it was doing him wonders.

The padawan got to his knees and looked around silently to see if anyone was still around that he recognised. Sure enough, Valery Noble Valery Noble was still chatting to Amani Serys Amani Serys and a girl he didn't recognise. Now that she seemed less busy, it was only right to go over and say hello to them before he went to get his pizza.

He jumped to his feet and walked over to them, his hand wiping some sweat from his face as he stood next to Valery and smiled up at her "Master, I hope things have been going well for you today" he said happily before looking to the other two before him. He knew Amani from a recent mission with Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble to take down some undead in a former lab. She was a skilled fighter and an even kinder person "Amani, it is great to see you again! you been holding well?" he said with a respectful bow. Then there was the girl, who must have been quite new to the order. Without a word he held slowly bowed his head to her and smiled slightly "Silas Westgard, and may I ask your name?" he asked respectfully once again, his eyes calmly glaring at the newcomer's face thoughtfully.

Last edited:
Asking one of her best friends for a fight was likely not the smartest idea. Ara blinked at Iris' sudden readiness as the girl ignited her lightsaber. The worry of hurting Iris became very much apparent in that moment. Fighting against the Masters was a lot different. She knew they could handle it, take a hit and keep fighting, beat her no matter what. But Iris? Despite all the scars that adorned her body, Ara was still concerned that the girl wouldn't be able to take a hit as well as she could. Not to mention the fact that Iris was a much better Jedi than she was.

The hesitation showed as she looked around and plucked her lightsaber from her belt, awkwardly setting it to non-lethal before igniting the neon green blade. She took a step back and held her lightsaber up in front of her as she eased into a deep stance, ready to move. But unlike her usual approach, Ara didn't immediately try to attack like she would with a Master. "Gotta admit, fighting another paddie ain't exactly what I'm used to." She chuckled awkwardly as she carefully watched Iris' movements.

With a deep breath, she calmed herself and lunged forward, swinging high at her neck before dipping the blade low to strike at her legs at the last minute. But even then, it was clear that she was pulling her punches with her attacks.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Iris_Sig.png

Hesitation.

Iris could see it clear as day in the colors around Ara. Why, though? The Padawan's brow knitted together as she watched the other hang back. It'd usually be just because patience, or such. But Iris could just see it. Was she worried about Iris then? Worried if she could fight? The grin on the Keshian's face faded to a thin line of a concentrated frown. Her brow knitted together. She watched, waited.

"You'd be surprised how much you shouldn't hold back."

The Padawan's blade went up for the strike to her neck, only to flick down as the feint was revealed in a quick parry. Knock the blade further down as she'd quickly thrust the blade up for Ara's leg. Then chest. Rapid thrusts. And unlike Ara, Iris wasn't holding back. She wanted to see what her friend was made of.

Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble , Amani Serys Amani Serys , Kirie Kirie , Others…

As Jasper made his way up to where the Masters and Knights were sitting, his anxiety returned. Talking to people had never really been his strong suit, but he felt compelled to at least pass a good word on about Silas Westgard Silas Westgard . As he made his way over to Valery, he noticed a few other people.

One he recognized as the medic present on Tython, though he hadn’t ever gotten her name. The other two were new faces, one older than him, one younger. New or familiar faces didn’t change how awkward Jasper was. He made his way towards them in a more reserved manner, addressing Valery first.

“Master Noble?” he began, making himself know to the group in a less than smooth manner. “I-I just wanted to thank you for setting this up. I… needed something like this. Oh, and I, uh, dueled your Padawan. He’s good.” Jasper paused, smiling awkwardly. “Jeez, sorry. That was rough. I didn’t exactly think about what I was gonna say till I got here.”

Had that been a speech check, Jasper would’ve failed.

Iris blocked her attacks without any effort, quickly going on the offensive with rapid strikes and jabs. Ara fell back, trying to keep up with the fast attacks to the best of her abilities. "Yeah... I just..." She couldn't finish her sentence as she defended herself, rather clumsily as well. Pitiful form and movements, weak blocks, and even weaker strikes the few times she actually risked attacking her. Her hesitation set her back badly, and Iris was taking advantage of that.

Her friend's attacks soon overwhelmed her as her blade thrusted past Ara's defenses and jabbed right underneath her ribcage. Ara stumbled back with a heavy grunt, coughing badly as she extinguished her blade to clutch at her chest. For a brief second, anger sparked as she glared at Iris and heaved a deep breath in. The stab ticked her off, though it all quickly fell into place for the Zabrak. The obvious thought that she shouldn't have seen it as a fight against her friend was only sticking now. It was a fight for survival, training for when she had to fight for real against the enemies of the Jedi. It was all or nothing. Iris was obviously not concerned about it, so worrying about hurting the girl shouldn't have been a thought at all.

With another heaving breath she straightened out and ignited her blade. "Aight, bet." She muttered as she fell into a stance again with her lightsaber at the ready. When she moved again, she struck at Iris with a lot more force behind the swing, then another strike from above at her head. She kept moving forward, trying to put pressure on the girl.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Iris_Sig.png

Iris blinked as her blade struck. And immediately the stoic expression turned to concern. She hadn't hit her that hard, did she? Was she okay? Iris let her blade fall as she stepped forward, glancing her over.

"Hey, hey. You okay?"

"Aight, bet."

Bet? The Padawan blinked, but at least Ara was standing up straight. And reignited her bla-ohshit. Iris's blue saber flashed around, flicking up to catch the first strike and try to parry it aside. Only for her blade to just about fly from her hand. The change in strength was abrupt. And yet, Iris found herself grinning. She kept hold of her blade this time, scooting back an extra step before flicking the tip around to force the next strike to the side. Away.

"See? That's better! You're good!"

She was excited. How could she not be? The Padawan lifted her blade up for another quick thrust, diving deep into the core of Makashi. Parry, riposte. Reset. She pulled back as quick as she struck, shuffling another step away to try and control the distance between them.

A New Journey

Jedi Temple, Coruscant, Core Worlds

cj2JhgK.png

Hurried footsteps pattered along marbled hallways as Inyak dashed along the hallowed passages of the Jedi Temple. He himself disliked tardiness and wasn't keen to know how the Masters would react to him being late. And this wasn't the first time. Pushing as far as his legs could take him, he attempted to formulate excuses in his mind. Reasons - not excuses, he mentally corrected himself as he turned a sharp corner, almost toppling a green-skinned insectoid Jedi.

Not too far now, he tried to console himself as the large arch that presented the way to the arena. Globules of sweat began to form on his forehead as he came to a stop at the arena. A few chirps entered his ear from the box-shaped droid sitting on his shoulder. "Well, maybe if you had left my ALARM alone, maybe we would have got here a little earlier?" He chided, taking a moment to catch his breath and make himself look at least a little presentable.

Adjusting the thick-rimmed black goggles on his face, he watched his awe as the sparring took place, the eerie screech as blade clashed with blade. Quite frankly he found it enthralling, especially now he had something that he could use for it. Inyak grabbed a metallic cylindrical object, ringed with grooves and an intricate crest of the Order on the bottom. Simple, but iconic, is the philosophy he had in mind when he was designing the lightsaber - the ancient weapon of the Jedi.

For a moment, he stared up as soft glow from the sunroof warmed his skin slightly. Inyak began to admire the architectural features of the roof of the arena. The circular design that allowed for maximum light to illuminate the fighters. Then he remembered he was late. Attempting to approach an area where he wasn't likely to be hit by a stray slash, he scratched his head and tried to make some sense of what was going on.

"So sorry I'm late everyone, I uh, overslept." He addressed his fellow padawans. Another bleep from his droid causing him to let out a dragged-out exhale of annoyance.

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Kirie Kirie | Korvan Toldreyn Korvan Toldreyn | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Jem Fossk Jem Fossk | Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar | Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn | Anyone I missed

The sudden change in Ara's attitude seemed to have caught Iris by surprise, earning a smirk from the Zabrak through her focused frown. The compliment also didn't go unnoticed, though she was a bit too preoccupied to react on that as she swung at her friend. Iris might be a better fighter than her, but she was pretty confident in her own strength over the girl.

Her defence was solid, and her movements were elegantly deadly, but Ara's ruthless attack kept the pressure on her as the Zabrak had her blade deflected, only to recover and have another swing at the girl. Her style quickly became clear to Ara as they traded swings and thrusts at each other, and her own Shii-Cho style was likely going to become a liability. An opening for recovery soon revealed itself as Iris thrust at her again, but instead of simply blocking the blow, Ara stepped right into it. She let her blade slide against Iris' as held it past her. She lunged forward to close the distance, all to launch a hard kick to the girl's gut before she broke off to swing at the girl's legs once more. A smirk soon crept up as she stepped back, giving her weapon a twirl before she released another flurry of attacks, quick blows complimented with a hard, last-minute snap at the end.

"Gotta get that payback, ya know." She commented through it all, dropping low to deliver a hard sweep against Iris' legs.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom